Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-08-2012, 05:08 PM   #211
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: shirlc
Stats: 144/128.5/130-5'5"
WOE: Low/Mod Carb, JUDDD (JUDDD, 10/25/11 at 141.5)
Start Date: March, 2006
Gracie, that is so sweet! What a wonderful man you are married to!
shirlc is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-08-2012, 05:21 PM   #212
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: dawnyama
Stats: 154/119.2/118 5'3.5"
WOE: Rx hcg
Start Date: 6/1/09
Quote:
Originally Posted by shirlc View Post
Gracie, that is so sweet! What a wonderful man you are married to!
Ditto!!!
dawnyama is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 05:46 AM   #213
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sazzie
Stats: Maintaining ±4 lbs.
Thanks Shirl and Dawn,

Yea, he is definitely a keeper and I think I'll keep him around for another 20 or so years!!

Barbara

I forgot to mention it the other day, but I've noticed your allergies have diminished a bit. You don't sneeze and cough nearly as much when we're on the phone.
Another JUDDD NSV?!?! Me thinks it is so!!!

I'm going to try and journal every day! Even though I use PCFitday's diary, I like a cross-reference and this is a good alternate.

There seems to be an influx of shaking things up on the JUDDD thread, and it's quite interesting.

I'm not too sure I need to release any more weight, so my efforts have been half-hearted and very short-lived.

I'm at a point in my weight loss journey that I can afford to experiment without too much damage, so I started tweaking this past week with increasing DD calories since that was my first instinct.

I'm usually very strict with DD calories, so this feels a bit strange, but if it works for the better, it will answer a few questions for me.

I've been thinking of doing this for quite some time, but as I said, I'm not 100% sure I need to release any more weight. Dh feels the same way. He is liking what he sees, and I do know that if I went down too far as I did on HHCG to 128, I will hear about it, to be sure. He is my best barometer.

I am a large-framed women with a 6.5 wrist measurement on my left wrist and a 6.25 measurement on my right wrist. My shoe size is 8.5.

I've been at the 10 lb mark released for quite awhile now, and this is the same story I've had for a lot of years, but this time with JUDDD, it has stayed off, and I'm ever so grateful.

So, we shall see what we shall see.

Ciao~~

Gracie's Journal

Last edited by sazzie; 05-09-2012 at 05:48 AM..
sazzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 05:57 PM   #214

Gallery: metqa
Stats: 147/136/125; 5'1"
WOE: PSMF/hcg Transitioning to HFLC
Start Date: joined LCF 2003: HCG/PSMF 07/2014
Chow!
Happy Friday!
metqa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 02:47 PM   #215

Have a wonderful Mother's Day Gracie!!!
Old 05-14-2012, 08:58 AM   #216
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Ciao right back atcha Metqa!

Dawn
Mother's Day turned out to be quite nice! Hope it was a good day for you also.

Yesterday turned into a MD because dh made me a beautiful brunch, and I was not about to refuse his sweetness by saying I couldn't eat it. NO diet is worth hurting his feelings.

I was in the garden very early this morning, and came in for a break so I"m headed out again.

Still trying to meet my 15 May deadline, and if I do, fine, if not, that's fine, too!
Old 05-16-2012, 12:34 PM   #217
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Ragdoll24
Stats: 203/cw110.2/108.6 LDW
WOE: LC,IF,RX hCG Simeons for last 20 lbs. Phase3
Start Date: January 2007
Yes Gracie, my allergies are greatly improving. Hope your experiment is working well for you.
Ragdoll24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 12:29 PM   #218
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Didn't quite make my 15 May deadline for the garden but I did do a few extra things, so now I can sit back and enjoy these beauties for the rest of the summer.

Tried uploading a few photos from my computer, but I'm having no luck with that, and it is very frustrating..

I don't have any more time to fiddle right now cause I have to get ready for dinner this evening with friends.

I'll try again either late tonight or early in the morning.

METQA
Old 05-18-2012, 06:20 PM   #219

Quote:
Originally Posted by sazzie View Post
Didn't quite make my 15 May deadline for the garden but I did do a few extra things, so now I can sit back and enjoy these beauties for the rest of the summer.

Tried uploading a few photos from my computer, but I'm having no luck with that, and it is very frustrating..

I don't have any more time to fiddle right now cause I have to get ready for dinner this evening with friends.

I'll try again either late tonight or early in the morning.

METQA
Oh My, are you trying to put them directly into the post from your computer?
Have you tried uploading them to a web album like photobucket and then using the photolink button? That's what I've been doing lately. but it also makes my pictures huge if I don't adjust them before hand...
Old 05-18-2012, 08:17 PM   #220
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yes, Metqa, I do use P/B and it's taking forever to upload! So s l o w!!

Trying this again, and if it doesn't work, I'm going to put my head down for the night.

Aaah, it worked!!!

That's my grandbaby Olivia Grace! What a natural, eh?!?!

Old 05-19-2012, 05:55 AM   #221

Oh How Lovely! and the Garden is So Beautiful. What a great Image!
Old 05-19-2012, 07:37 AM   #222
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Olivia is a doll and your garden is beautiful, Gracie!
Old 05-19-2012, 11:15 AM   #223

Beautiful pics!!!
Old 05-20-2012, 01:48 PM   #224
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks Metqa, Shirl and Dawn!

Hit another new JUDDD low today, but refuse to claim it until at least two more DDs.

This past week I was unable to complete my experiment of eating 700 calories on the DDs because I simply was not hungry, and so I kept it at ±500. It feels very comfortable at that level, so I will continue to listen to my body!

My UD calories are all over the place ranging from 1750 to 2500.......I eat when hungry; I eat whatever I want when we go to dinner with friends, so my freedom quotient is high, and I am so grateful for that.

JUDDD gets better and better all the time.

I would say that my only concern is too much sodium. I try to keep it at ± 2000mg. Some days are easier than others!!

I have a seizure disorder which is negatively affected if I go too much higher with the sodium, but I'm extremely fortunate that I can have as much as I do. It's higher than the RDA, so it's all good!

Have to get off of the computer for now!!!

Ciao~~

Last edited by sazzie; 05-20-2012 at 01:52 PM..
Old 05-21-2012, 03:54 AM   #225
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Ragdoll24
Stats: 203/cw110.2/108.6 LDW
WOE: LC,IF,RX hCG Simeons for last 20 lbs. Phase3
Start Date: January 2007
Great pictures Gracie. Glad to hear that your experiment is working so well, good going!
Ragdoll24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 07:25 AM   #226
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Almost 2 weeks since I've posted anywhere but that's cause I'm taking a sabbatical from posting.

It was taking entirely too much of my time, and there are so many other things that need my attention.

I've given myself a certain amount of time on the computer then I'm off and running, and it's actually quite refreshing.

Maybe it's a cyclical thing, but when the summer is over, I'll be a posting fool again.

Still maintaining and actually have lost another couple of lbs. just doing my normal JUDDD rotations. I'm not in the release frame of mind anymore; just eating normally and it's a real natural for me at this point.

It's odd that as soon as I gave up trying to lose a bit more, that's when it happened. Relaxing and going with the flow of JUDDD is the ticket for me.

I'm still out in the garden these days and enjoying it immensely. I'm going to try and upload a few pics to my LCF album.
Old 06-01-2012, 02:00 PM   #227

Gracie--love that new avatar of yours. You look stunning and so happy!!! Yeah for you!!
Old 06-14-2012, 08:02 AM   #228
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I'm coming to post for a short visit to journalize.

This past week has been filled with the most incredible visit with my eldest daughter who turned 50 on the 11th and her dh who turned 54 on the 10th.

Needless to say, we had quite the celebration for the 'kids'.

They were here from Friday until yesterday, and each day was better than the last. They left late yesterday for home in Tampa. We did have time for an extra wonderful meal......of course.

I totally abandoned JUDDD and all its rules for this special week, and while I wasn't too concerned, I did step on the scale a couple of times. When I got on the scale this morning, I was up 1.8 lbs. 1.8 lbs!!!!! I'm so happy, I can spit!

I ate with total abandon for these past six days.

Truly the magic has chosen to give me this gift! No, correction! I'm grateful that *I* chose to give myself this special gift.

I am in a state of disbelief, because in the 9 months I've been doing JUDDD I've never taken an extended vacation. The longest was 2 days.

Today is naturally a DD, and I'm looking forward to it! My body needs the rest to cleanse itself of all those decadent foods.

The summer is presenting itself with a lot more activities this year, so I'm posting in my journal just to keep somewhat updated. I come on the computer for about an hour or less each day to check e mail and then I'm off doing so many other 'life' things.

My daughters and I are planning our annual 'girls trip' for the second week in July, so I feel more than confident I can feel free with eating those delicious desserts without worrying that it may take a month or more to get it all off again.

The trip in July is actually another birthday gift for Lisa, but it's a surprise. Alicia did most of the planning, and we simply told Lisa to have certain clothes packed and bring walking shoes. That's all I'm saying, cause she may actually be reading this........

I see there are so many newbies coming to JUDDD and I do feel badly that I'm unable to keep the pace! I think it's wonderful that the word got out about JUDDD.

I perused the thread quickly to know that successes still abound, and it's still the happiest thread on LCF!

I would be remiss in not mentioning the help I got from Leo, Pat and Beeb when I first started. I gleaned all the information they so generously offered, and today I'm at a very comfortable place in my journey.

Thank you, Leo, Pat and Linda.
Old 06-14-2012, 09:47 AM   #229

i wish there were a like button.... Oh Yeah!

Old 06-15-2012, 03:20 AM   #230

Sounds wonderful Gracie. A true blessing actually!! So glad you are handling this so well.

If you have seen those JUDDD threads maybe you know I am on it right now? But will transition into hcg shortly. I had a great first week and lost 4.2 lbs. I have gained a full pound + this week. I need to have these losses be more consistent so back to hcg I go. I may wait til after father's day to begin those VLCDs. But I will begin them. These last 2 weeks were a segway into seeing if I can still to those DDs and I can! So doing 7 day a week 500 calories I can do once again.

Looking forward to hearing about your trip when you get back!! Sounds like a ton of fun. Enjoy the time with your girls.
Old 06-15-2012, 03:33 AM   #231
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: wastednuffime
Stats: 330+ / 172.5 / ???
WOE: Healthy eating and T25 baby!!!!
...And....
wastednuffime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 06:54 AM   #232
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Inputting my journal while I have a chance this morning.

This summer is turning out to be a lot more busy and active than I had planned, but enjoying every minute of it.

Retirement has given dh and I a gift for all our years of tending to family business and work, and we're feeling so free and unencumbered.

I think this is the first summer in many a year I am free from concern about my weight. I am eating what I want and lots of it, and my DDs are so dang easy.
Gosh, when I think of how I struggled on P4 with HHCG, JUDDD is such a gift.

I used to go in my clothes closet and wonder what I could wear that would fit right. Now I go in my closet and wonder what color shorts & top I want to wear for the day.
Of course, on my gardening days, I put on my ole short jeans and an ole top.

I have to make sure I put some 'Off' or other bug repellent on in addition to taking some garlic pills to ward them off. They seem to like my warm Sicilian blood......

Thursday I'm meeting with Barbara again for lunch, and that's indeed another gift I have. Being able to have a fellow LCFer in a short drive is such a treat.
We've become close friends in these past 3, or is it 4 years, and I so value her friendship.

I will probably be posting more after all our visiting and trips. By then, the hot weather will be in full swing, and will give me time to be more computer active.
I have to say though, I'm actually enjoying being away from the computer for a bit.

Ciao~~

Last edited by sazzie; 06-19-2012 at 06:58 AM.. Reason: grammatical error
Old 06-19-2012, 10:41 AM   #233

You and Barbara have fun. I'm glad you get to enjoy both your summer time and your closet!
Old 06-19-2012, 12:35 PM   #234

Say hi to Barbara for me!!

Have fun!!
Old 06-27-2012, 04:03 PM   #235

Gracie

I am thinking of you and your family with these storms in FL. Are you doing OK? Hope you make it. I have seen pics of my Aunt and Uncle's house in Palm Harbor and it is not looking so good. I hope you are faring well.
Old 06-28-2012, 05:28 AM   #236
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Dawn,

Thanks for your concern, but we Palm Coasters were spared any misery. We usually are as we are in a 'vacuum' so to speak.

Debby seems to have been pushed out to sea by a cold front, cause when I opened the kitchen door this morning to have my coffee outside, I did a quick turn-a-round cause it was so cold.

That won't last though cause when that red ball of sun shines her pretty face, it's supposed to get to the 90s.

I haven't been on line much at all so am glad I saw your post!

I'll have a bit of time this morning, however.

How are you doing? What's up with your eating, etc?
Old 06-28-2012, 06:02 AM   #237

You know girl it is on and off for me. LOL. With JUDDD, I lost well the first week, gained a bit in the second then dropped back to my original losses with it. I didn't like the up and down so I am back to P2. I have vacation at the end of July and I really want to be as thin as I was. We will be seeing family from NJ and they only see me once in a blue moon so I want to be at my best!!! And bikini ready for the pool! So I am on P2 right now til July 27 and will be getting to goal!! Then I will do P3--easy peasy for me on vacation. Once done with that I will be on JUDDD for P4. I have learned through my JUDDD experience that I can do the DDs making this P2 much eaiser than the last few one and I can maintain really, really well!! So I am excited to do this round because I know that I have found the plan that will be keeping it off for good!! Thanks for asking Gracie!

I am so glad you were spared that storm. Not a nice one for sure. We had a bit of a cool down but that was a short lived one--100s tomorrow!! Eeek! Now I wish we had set up our little pool in the backyard. That will be what we will be doing THIS weekend as the 100s will around for a while.
Old 09-15-2012, 04:17 PM   #238

Popping in to say "Hi!". How are you gracie? I was just looking into that huge DE thread and saw your beautiful picture. Thought I would see how things were with you. I am on P2 right now and started DE tonight. Hope I do well!!! 15 lbs to go!!!
Old 09-15-2012, 04:33 PM   #239
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawnyama View Post
Popping in to say "Hi!". How are you gracie? I was just looking into that huge DE thread and saw your beautiful picture. Thought I would see how things were with you. I am on P2 right now and started DE tonight. Hope I do well!!! 15 lbs to go!!!
What is DE??? Oh, must have something to do with HCG???

Last edited by shirlc; 09-15-2012 at 04:35 PM..
Old 09-15-2012, 04:43 PM   #240

Quote:
Originally Posted by shirlc View Post
What is DE??? Oh, must have something to do with HCG???
No, not at all. Here is the thread on it:

Silica supplementation (diatomaceous earth)

It is in the JUDDD forum.