Old 04-27-2012, 04:03 AM   #181
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: cuttie99
Stats: 5'2 171
WOE: post hcg, lost 60lbs
Start Date: Juddd 4/30, restarted 11/30
Quote:
Originally Posted by sazzie View Post
I keep my DD calories the same because I would rather play with my UD calories by pushing them to the utmost level. In order to do that, I like to keep a constant of ±500 calories on my DDs.

My hunger quotient is next to zero on DDs, so I take full advantage of that.

I've been able to have hundreds of calories over my maintenance level on a fairly frequent schedule, so it suits me well. It is very different for each individual, but that's how it works for me.

Now, down the line, IF I decide I want to shed more weight, I will simply reduce my UD calories, keep the DD calories at ±500, then continue down until I am ready to stop losing.

At that point, because I will be at my furthest point of weight loss, I will THEN increase my DD calories if I find I'm losing too much weight.

But for now, maintaining in this manner is doing the trick for me.

Certainly hope I've not confused you more........
Thank you Gracie, this is a new concept for me.Wasn't aware we can do this, thanks for sharing this option. Is this the norm or do people eat there maintence cal on dd after weight gain or just while maintaining? I was hoping to eat 1000 on my dd while on maintenace but I don't know yet how my appetite will be. Thought that keeping it at 1000 would make it easier for me to be social and not have to cut back certain days.

The other thing... its been drillled into my head that if we do too many correction days after hcg they won't work anymore. I have heard that Juddd is very forgiving.....so how many FD;s are acceptable in a month? I don't want the magic to run out if I over indulge every weekend. I think I read in another thread that the warned against too many FDs but I can't find it. what are your thoughts?

Also as an update I have been walking daily to fight off the muscle fatigue weight gain , looks like my body has adopted to accept more exercise. I will be starting the brazilian butt lift workout and didn't want to have huge bounces because of water weight. I know I will still gain water wt because its a tough workout but wanted to start working my muscles. The other thing I have been doing is adding carbs. I had potatoes this week with no gain, then I had linguine from dream fields yesterday about 2 cups. I tried my theory of eating hi potassium, and i gained 1 lb!!!! That pissed me off. screw this P4! I am starting JUDDD! I am not going to worry about gaining everytime i eat carbs or sugar. Going to have some bread today and chocolates then starting Juddd either sund or monday. My LDW was 143 and i am 146.5 today!! So normally I would be running out to get eggs or a steak but I won't bother!!!! Can wait to see how juddd will affect me but I hope I will be one of the success stories. hoping to lose about 15 lbs but even if I dont and just maintain I will be happy!!! Have a wonderful day!!!
cuttie99 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-27-2012, 06:03 AM   #182
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sazzie
Stats: Maintaining ±4 lbs.
Cuttie,

I do what I think is right for ME. Whether it's considered 'normal' is up for debate......

The same rule applies to JUDDD as did with HHCG: Follow the protocol as written.

Respect your UD & DD calorie limits and you will find your happy place as I did.

My take on FDs is that they should be few and far between and only after you've been maintaining with JUDDD for awhile.

I've had a few of them in these last 6 months, however, after the day's end, I do try and estimate the calorie count, so essentially I don't consder them FDs, because I did have an idea of how many calories I consumed. Oh yes, they were truly UpUp&Away days, to be sure, but inputting it in ****** gave me a fairly good estimate of the calorie consumption.

Gracie's Journal

Last edited by sazzie; 04-27-2012 at 06:18 AM.. Reason: Addition
sazzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 07:15 AM   #183
Senior LCF Member

Thanks Gracie for all your support!!!!
Old 04-27-2012, 07:27 AM   #184
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Ragdoll24
Stats: 203/cw110.2/108.6 LDW
WOE: LC,IF,RX hCG Simeons for last 20 lbs. Phase3
Start Date: January 2007
Happy Friday Gracie

Long time since I visited your Journal. Nice to see old friends and new one's checking in here.
Looks like another perfect Florida day today.
Thanks for all your support in my JUDDD journey. It really helps to have you as a sounding board.
TTYL, Hugs, Barbara
Ragdoll24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 07:55 AM   #185
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yay! Barbara!!!

So happy you visited my journal!

Yes, JUDDD seems to have re-united a few of us, to be sure!

Reminds me of the influx of folks who came into HCG back in '09!

That's what happens when something works.

HCG played its role, and now it's off to JUDDD to shed a bit more and maintenance.

What a trip we've had, eh?!
Old 04-27-2012, 08:54 AM   #186
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yes Gracie we've had a fun & exciting journey.
Old 04-27-2012, 04:05 PM   #187
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: dawnyama
Stats: 154/119.2/118 5'3.5"
WOE: Rx hcg
Start Date: 6/1/09
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragdoll24 View Post
Yes Gracie we've had a fun & exciting journey.
Hey there Barbara So nice to see you again!!! How are you doing? Are you JUDDDing now too? I will be soon enough. On my last round of hcg. I know it is my last because I have opened my last bottle Cannot wait til it is over too. I am so ready for this to be done. I want to JUDDD with my buds.

Hope you and Gracie have a wonderful weekend!!!
dawnyama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 04:12 PM   #188

Gallery: metqa
Stats: 147/136/125; 5'1"
WOE: PSMF/hcg Transitioning to HFLC
Start Date: joined LCF 2003: HCG/PSMF 07/2014
Happy Friday, Gracie!

Hey Barbara!
metqa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 04:19 PM   #189
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oh, how I'm loving this!!!!

All my protocol gals are going to be my JUDDD buds.

Hey, Metqa, are you actively doing anything WOE-wise now.

With Dawn, Barbara and you and I, girl, it's feeling like home!!!!

Shelby is here too, although I think she came in later than '09, and Deb and Laurie........old home week!!!

Did I say I'm loving this!!!!
Old 04-27-2012, 04:24 PM   #190

Hmmmmm,...

hmmmmmmm...

^ ^

Hmm, Nooope, Not reaaaly, Nawww........

Darn, people keep ratting me out!
I bought some meat and made 2Gallons of Yogurt and I'm gonna start ...something...soon....
Old 04-27-2012, 05:00 PM   #191

The meat and yogurt diet? Love it metqa Sounds interesting for sure.
Old 04-27-2012, 05:36 PM   #192
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by metqa View Post
Hmmmmm,...

hmmmmmmm...

^ ^

Hmm, Nooope, Not reaaaly, Nawww........

Darn, people keep ratting me out!
I bought some meat and made 2Gallons of Yogurt and I'm gonna start ...something...soon....
Huh?! Honestly, I'm clueless.

But, it's funny, though! Hear me laughing?!?!
Old 04-27-2012, 05:45 PM   #193
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawnyama View Post
The meat and yogurt diet? Love it metqa Sounds interesting for sure.
You gals have me bellie laughing tonight!!!!
Old 04-27-2012, 10:43 PM   #194

I hear yogurt is good for marinating meat, eh?
Old 05-01-2012, 06:23 PM   #195
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Had a very productive day today.

Tended to my garden, and I plan to have it all done by the 15th of May!

I have about 8 garden 'rooms' and have decided to let a few of them go natural and allow the perennials to earn their keep.

I will maintain the front and side gardens and one other one on the North side of the house, but that's it....oh, and of course, the lanai!

It has gotten to be too much and even though my love for my plants and exotics continue on, I'm realistic enough to know that by the time June rolls around it will be too hot here in Fl., and my comfort level will decrease.

I did do some re-designing of one of the side gardens, but kept it simple sweet, and by mid-June or earlier, I can see it flourishing with all the hummingbirds nibbling at the nectar from the climbing black-eyed susan flanked by cuphea and agastache. The hummers just love them!

So, instead of the continuous upkeep, my decision will allow me to enjoy the butterflies, hummingbirds and all of the other little creatures that give me so much joy.

Our lanai is going to be a bit more simple also. I have a very large matured duranta and a hibiscus that I trained in the last two years into a tree, and now it stands about 7 ft. tall........I need to be careful that it doesn't grow too much though because then it will start to hit the ceiling screen!
So along with the palm robellini and some annuals to act as ground covers, that should just about do it.

I raise brugmansias, and in the last few years I lost a lot of them because of freezes, so basically I had to start over. Yes, we do get freezes here in Northern Florida, and even with the plant coverings, it was just too rough for them with the extended freezing temps.

That's OK though because it's such a pleasure to see them grow and flourish. Their scent at night is unparallelled, and they are worth the work. They are mighty attention-seekers.

Yesterday we went to our bowling luncheon and I wore yet another slack suit, and the dang thing was a bit too big. We stopped at Wal-Mart afterwards, and I could feel them falling down my waist as I was walking. I could see they were getting longer and started to cover the instep of my wedgies.........I was very relieved to get home.....

This suit is one I will have altered because it is one of a kind and very striking......jeez, if I had to get rid of ALL my clothes, I'd be at the shops almost every day for replacements! As it is, I've already donated bags of clothes!!

Even my shoes are getting too big for my feet. Don't mess with my shoes

Well, that's it for me and my gardening and my physical status, and now I think I'll go and visit some of my garden buddies over at Dave's Garden.

Ciao~~~
Old 05-01-2012, 07:13 PM   #196
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: shirlc
Stats: 144/128.5/130-5'5"
WOE: Low/Mod Carb, JUDDD (JUDDD, 10/25/11 at 141.5)
Start Date: March, 2006
Gracie, your gardens sound stunning...and so many plants that I've never even heard of!

I am so hoping to get the go-ahead from my doctor to be able to lift more than 10 lbs. and to do my gardening! As of tomorrow, it is 6 weeks since my accident and I'm supposed to be healed by then. I have a doctor appointment a week from tomorrow and I will have an Xray then, too.
shirlc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 05:56 AM   #197
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Patkid
Stats: 199/160.8/165
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Feb. 3, 2014
Hi, Gracie,
Just had to come and visit your journal.
Thank you so much for the encouragement on the JUDDD thread.
I have a lovely mental image of you amidst your plants and birds and butterflies.
Lovely~ all of you!
Pat
Patkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 06:07 AM   #198
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hello Gracie, Dawn, Metqa, Linda & all who visit Gracie's Journal. I joined the JUDDD WOL 5 weeks ago.
I was inspired with Gracie's maintainence success & Laurie (the redhead) weight releease.
I've released a little over 5 lbs and am very excited to eventually reach goal and maintain
W/O the struggles that many of us have experinced after hCG.
Old 05-02-2012, 06:36 AM   #199

Congratulations Barbara That is great news!!

Looks like you have your work cut out for you Gracie. Have fun playing in the dirt.
Old 05-02-2012, 06:43 AM   #200
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks Dawn, hope you join us soon on JUDDD.
Old 05-02-2012, 02:18 PM   #201
Senior LCF Member

Hi Gracie,

Just wanted to send a huge hug to you!!! Thank you soo much for inspiring me to leap unto the Juddd wagon. I was scared but did it! You answered all my crazy questions and made me feel comfortable with this WOE. Its been 4 days so far and I already love it! I carbed up and started excersing before I started Juddd and have lost most of my water weight already!! Woo hoo! I can hardly believe there is life after HCG. I am also totally behaving myself. my first UD was a UUAAD and I was soo hungry. Today is my second UD and I am doing just fine. Wasn't prepared for the first UD.

Good to hear you will be needing new shoes!!!! I have the same problem!!
Old 05-02-2012, 02:33 PM   #202

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Quote:
Hello Gracie, Dawn, Metqa, Linda & all who visit Gracie's Journal. I joined the JUDDD WOL 5 weeks ago.
I was inspired with Gracie's maintainence success & Laurie (the redhead) weight releease.
I've released a little over 5 lbs and am very excited to eventually reach goal and maintain
Ragdoll I am delighted with your news. Come join us in the JUDDD Maintenance thread when you have time. Would love to see you there.

You have been a busy bee Gracie. I do not garden.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 05:04 PM   #203
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shirlc View Post
Gracie, your gardens sound stunning...and so many plants that I've never even heard of!

I am so hoping to get the go-ahead from my doctor to be able to lift more than 10 lbs. and to do my gardening! As of tomorrow, it is 6 weeks since my accident and I'm supposed to be healed by then. I have a doctor appointment a week from tomorrow and I will have an Xray then, too.
Shirl, I sure do hope the doctor gives you the go ahead to do some of the things you want to do. Take it easy when you first start out, especially the gardening, cause you know how rough that can be. As you know I've been at it for years, and it never fails that each Spring when I start in, I use muscles that have been dormant throughout the winter.
Funny, I can leg press 170 lbs and push 160 on the sit rows, but when I bike ride or do my gardening, a whole other set of muscles are being used, and I feel the difference, big time. It isn't formal exercise, but it moves the body, to be sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patkid View Post
Hi, Gracie,
Just had to come and visit your journal.
Thank you so much for the encouragement on the JUDDD thread.
I have a lovely mental image of you amidst your plants and birds and butterflies.
Lovely~ all of you!
Pat
Oh, Pat, I'm so glad you came by to visit me!
We all need that all so important encouragement, and if I've done you good, then I'm happy.

I had a bit of a chuckle when I read your comment about me being among the plants birds and butterflies.

I should have also mentioned the ugly part of it all, too, such as the biting ants, the mosquitoes and the biting spiders. I'm inside a screened lanai for the most part, but when I have to do other chores outside the lanai, then I have no choice but to spread bug repellent over my body.

Seriously, though, I appreciate your vision of me and I rather like it!

Please visit with me again!!

Quote:
Barbara, I knew you would do well with JUDDD after getting over that dreaded DD number...and, now you have had the pleasant surprise of knowing you were able to increase that as well as your UD calories.
Baby steps, my friend........we are doing this, and doing it well!!!

Quote:
Congratulations Barbara That is great news!!

Looks like you have your work cut out for you Gracie. Have fun playing in the dirt.
Dawn, I just love playing in the dirt! I don't have many talents, but I will say that gardening and cultivating is one of my strong points. Everywhere we've lived, it's been on a corner property, and our home was always a marker!

Have been called the 'flower lady' for many years! I've been fortunate enough to be in the good company of master gardeners and we meet for gardening swaps across the state! Gardeners are indeed a special breed!
Can you tell how much I love it?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuttie99 View Post
Hi Gracie,

Just wanted to send a huge hug to you!!! Thank you soo much for inspiring me to leap unto the Juddd wagon. I was scared but did it! You answered all my crazy questions and made me feel comfortable with this WOE. Its been 4 days so far and I already love it! I carbed up and started excersing before I started Juddd and have lost most of my water weight already!! Woo hoo! I can hardly believe there is life after HCG. I am also totally behaving myself. my first UD was a UUAAD and I was soo hungry. Today is my second UD and I am doing just fine. Wasn't prepared for the first UD.

Good to hear you will be needing new shoes!!!! I have the same problem!!
A so ne!!!! I knew you would be successful! You came into JUDDD well armed and now feel that sense of confidence!

I am so happy that you feel relaxed and excited at the same time.

Good going!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kissa View Post
Ragdoll I am delighted with your news. Come join us in the JUDDD Maintenance thread when you have time. Would love to see you there.

You have been a busy bee Gracie. I do not garden.
Oh indeed, Cindy, busy bee I've been, and loving every moment of it. I feel so alive and at home with the garden, and I feel the same passion with gardening as I did when I did amateur roller skating dancing back when I was a young gal.

That was a dream that couldn't be realized because other things in my life didn't allow it. My partner and I simply couldn't devote 4-5 hours of daily practice without some kind of conflict in time, etc.
Would have loved to made Nationals, and I think about it every now and then with some regret. Aaaaaa well!! (a quiet sigh)
Old 05-05-2012, 09:56 AM   #204
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Taking a bit of time from the garden!

Feeling a bit bushed but accomplished, and the nucleus of the lanai is starting to come together now.

Yesterday I was anxious to get done, but dh was golfing so I hauled 50 lbs of 'Black Cow' and 2 cu ft. of M/G soil back into the lanai. Thank goodness for wheel barrels.
I am really surprised that my muscles aren't feeling sore, cause that's a sure sign for me to stop and rest a day. If I'm to make my 15 May deadline, every day counts.

Came inside and grabbed a Pure Protein shake and started to feel normal. I did push myself because I get so involved and don't want to leave it all.

Last night we had dinner with our group and it was especially good.
Afterwards we all ended up at Dunkin Donuts for dessert. It's a routine that was established before dh and I joined them, and it has turned out to be fun. Seems like a lot of Palm Coasters end up at D/D also because we always see another group and then some stragglers coming in.
Yep, fun time!

I had soft serve ice cream, and I was so looking forward to it, and I simply did not enjoy it as I thought I would. Taste change? I don't know, but I do know I won't be ordering it again.

Didn't get on the scale today, and am not concerned!

I think I'm going to go outside again, but this time to rest on the hammock and just chill a bit! Feeling a bit sleepy so if I nap, that's good too!

Ciao~~
Old 05-05-2012, 10:08 AM   #205
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: shirlc
Stats: 144/128.5/130-5'5"
WOE: Low/Mod Carb, JUDDD (JUDDD, 10/25/11 at 141.5)
Start Date: March, 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by sazzie View Post

I think I'm going to go outside again, but this time to rest on the hammock and just chill a bit! Feeling a bit sleepy so if I nap, that's good too!

Ciao~~

Does that ever sound good...nap in the hammock!!!

Have a great weekend, Gracie!
shirlc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 10:31 AM   #206

Happy Saturday. Gardening sounds like fun. I've got some seeds starting in my Bathroom under a lamp. they are starting to greeen up and come out of the dirt. I presoak them in peroxide and water to give them a germinating boost. Works really well on hard shelled seeds.

I personally prefer ice-cream more in the winter months than the summer. In the summer ice pops are what I crave! must be a fat-content thing.

Enjoy your hammock! * jealous*
Old 05-08-2012, 04:32 AM   #207
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good Tues. Morning Gracie. Will check in with you for a telephone chat.
Hi to all who visit here.
Kissa, I want to release a few more.lbs. before joining the Maintainer's Lane.
Old 05-08-2012, 11:12 AM   #208

Happy Tuesday!!
Old 05-08-2012, 04:06 PM   #209
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shirlc View Post
Does that ever sound good...nap in the hammock!!!

Have a great weekend, Gracie!
I'm finding that in this last week, I'm falling asleep while I'm meditating but the naps are doing me good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by metqa View Post
Happy Saturday. Gardening sounds like fun. I've got some seeds starting in my Bathroom under a lamp. they are starting to greeen up and come out of the dirt. I presoak them in peroxide and water to give them a germinating boost. Works really well on hard shelled seeds.

I personally prefer ice-cream more in the winter months than the summer. In the summer ice pops are what I crave! must be a fat-content thing.

Enjoy your hammock! * jealous*
Ya know, I still get a thrill watching seeds pop their heads from the soil to greet the sun. Even after 40 years of gardening.....

Quote:
Good Tues. Morning Gracie. Will check in with you for a telephone chat.
Hi to all who visit here.
Kissa, I want to release a few more.lbs. before joining the Maintainer's Lane.
Barbara, you're doing awesome and sure that you'll be posting there very soon.

Quote:
Happy Tuesday!!
Right back atcha, sweetie!
Old 05-08-2012, 04:19 PM   #210
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I find I'm posting more about gardening than my 'diet' these days.

Probably the biggest reason is that the 'diet' mentality is ever decreasing.

Whether it's a DD or an UD, I feel wonderful with absolutely no feelings of deprivation.

JUDDD has proven to be the easiest regimen I have ever encountered in the diet realm.

My garden is shaping up nicely and dh and I took a drive to St. Augustine this morning. My dil is a teacher at the deaf and blind school there, and they have a garden nursery that sells the most unusual of plants. I even found one I never heard of, and I've been around the block a few times with my botanicals. Always a thrill to find a new species.

My dh is a sweetie and wrote the following and sent it in an e mail to me yesterday morning......I was so touched I couldn't even say a word, just ran to him with a big hug.

YOU!!!!!!

Watching the garden come to life,
Due to your daily strife
Smelling, feeling, seeing things that bloom.
Everything is accentuated by the brightness of the sun and moon.

Life is worth living with the gardener,
this woman who is my life long partner.
Pain, worry, strife and uncertainty become
Joy, calmness, life and knowing because of you.