Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-24-2012, 12:04 PM   #91
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Meek75
WOE: Atkins
Your welcome. Everything is going well for me. I'm on Atkins Inductions, Day 3 .
Meek75 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-24-2012, 12:33 PM   #92

Gallery: metqa
Stats: 147/136/125; 5'1"
WOE: PSMF/hcg Transitioning to HFLC
Start Date: joined LCF 2003: HCG/PSMF 07/2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by sazzie View Post
Metqa,

Oh no, I know what you mean by that narrow strip! I've seen them.

Fortunately, Palm Coast is a walk and bike friendly city and the paths are beautiful here.
I intend to fully enjoy my new bike! Oooh, I love, just love walking in the rain, but I think I'll keep my bike away when it rains!
I rode a bike in Japan when I lived there for a year....I got SO SPOILED!! and I lost a bunch of baby fat too!

I got all my babyfat back and some more when I came back to the states!
And go figure, I was eating ramen and rice very often too, I wasn't low carbing but I got leaner and thinner there. must have been the daily exercise of biking/walking/commuting/running ( late for work ) I had to ride a quarter mile to the store and back to get a 2-serving cup of ice cream!
Biking is great!
"You have to understand zat ven a vampire forgoes . . .the b-vord, zere is a process zat ve call transference? Zey force Zemselves to desire somesing else? . . .But your friend chose . . . coffee. And now he has none." "You can find him some coffee, or . . .you can keep a vooden stake and a big knife ready. You vould be doink him a favor, believe me." Monstrous Regiment by Terry Pratchett
IBKKF 898

Last edited by metqa; 03-24-2012 at 12:35 PM..
metqa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 04:53 PM   #93

Gallery: dawnyama
Stats: 154/119.2/118 5'3.5"
WOE: Rx hcg
Start Date: 6/1/09
Gracie!! Have a lovely weekend!!!!
dawnyama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 10:49 AM   #94
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sazzie
Stats: Maintaining ±4 lbs.
My primary purpose in starting JUDDD was to release more weight, and that I've done.
This JUDDD does not stop working, because I have started to lose weight in my feet.

Put a pair of sandals on the other day, and I had to put moleskin in the straps because the shoes weren't tight enough.

Thought it was just a fluke, so yesterday, put on another pair, and the same thing happened. I have so many pairs of shoes, I just won't go out and get new ones. Shoemaker, here I come!

What I'm finding now is the longer I'm on JUDDD the more benefits I'm deriving!

I have had no knee pain since November.......that's when I achieved my first goal weight, which incidentally has remained! I sure do believe my body likes this number and additionally, my body seems to have re-distributed the weight in all the right places.!!

Also, am finding that JUDDD is actually fun! I can play with calories either on UD or DD and see where it gets me without having to pay for a substantial gain which would take me at least two weeks to get it all off again if I were doing LC.

I am so steady that I started to get a bit bored, so I'm in the process of playing with my levels again to see where it takes me.

I don't want to release too much more because my skin is finally catching up with my body's loss from HCG.......that is probably due to my weight training, but I rather suspect that JUDDD is playing a major role in this, also.

Another issue that comes into play is that I'm eating approximately in the 2200 range now, but am keeping my DD fairly low. That is creating quite a spread. I'm simply not hungry any more on DDs and a lot of days I simply fast.......Most other days I have a OMM around 3 pm, and nibble on that for the reminder of the day.
Mind you, I don't eat 2200 calories every UD, but it sure does come close and it is very encouraging since I'm up maybe .4-1.4 religiously, and the next DD it's down.....That blows my mind! Really!!!

Oh, I do have my Nesquick hot chocolate in the evening with almond milk as it puts me into the most delicious sleep!

I'm taking MCT oil both on DD and UDs, so all these factors are doing their job; I just don't know which does what.......that's OK.....as long as it works and my blood panel continues to stay in the healthy range.

I suspect that I'll see a new (old) low shortly because in the past ten days it has shown up twice.

I am not going to change my numbers (too much) because my body seems to like this ratio, but I wanna play!......, thus the fun!! But, considering my age I do want to keep my curvy figure.

Guess I'm putting this in my journal to see where I want to go or be very practical and stay where it is working, and working well.

It's the old adage that may apply here: Don't fix what ain't broken.

Except for my shoes being a bit too large now, everything else is fitting well, I'm looking good, feeling wonderful, perky and vital!!

Got a comment from a gal I had lunch with and she told me how compact I looked! That's a new one, and I rather like it.

Gracie's Journal
sazzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 12:47 PM   #95

Gracie

I do believe that the JUDDD suits you just fine I need to lose in my feet!! I bought shoes online that are a tiny tad too tight. I know that once I lose on hhcg they will fit! I am currently bloated everywhere and once I can get a few good P2 days behind me I can lose a lot of it. I am happy to hear you are not hungry on the DDs and eating so much on the UDs. Sounds almost too good to be true Have a fabulous weekend Gracie!!
Old 03-29-2012, 01:23 PM   #96

That's funny about the shoes!!!

So you are using actual refined MCT oil, from the glass bottle, or Coconut oil? The mCT oil is great for adding fat cause it doesn't solidify with cold. I found some Greek yogurt but it's fat free so I add MCT oil to it to make it normal.

Gracie: The New Compact Model!
Old 03-29-2012, 01:55 PM   #97

metqa

I will have to remember that about the MCT oil. I would love to add coconut oil to many things, but the way it solidifies so quickly I don't like to. Have to get me some of that!! Thanks for sharing!
Old 03-29-2012, 02:09 PM   #98

Oh, and I should mention that my knee (just the one) and fingers get swollen when I cheat on P2. I keep thinking it is the sugar that I ingest while on a binge and it probably is. I hope (well it should!) that it goes away when I am at goal, but maybe it will stay away when I get started on the JUDDD. It should help with inflammation, right? I know that my fingers still feel puffy and fat and are hard to bend when I first wake up even when I get down to 115 lbs. My knee feels infinitely better when I am at goal, but my fingers still feel stiff. That is what I want to happen on JUDDD!!!
Old 03-29-2012, 02:57 PM   #99

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/124/126 5'3" Age 66
WOE: JUDDD/5:2
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Gracie, you are the tops!
Kissa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 03:14 PM   #100
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawnyama View Post
Gracie

I do believe that the JUDDD suits you just fine I need to lose in my feet!! I bought shoes online that are a tiny tad too tight. I know that once I lose on hhcg they will fit! I am currently bloated everywhere and once I can get a few good P2 days behind me I can lose a lot of it. I am happy to hear you are not hungry on the DDs and eating so much on the UDs. Sounds almost too good to be true Have a fabulous weekend Gracie!!
You're right Dawn, JUDDD suits me just fine. Yea, it seems Laurie, Deb and I are enjoying these high calories on our UDs. What a sense of relief JUDDD has given me!

Isn't that a hoot about losing in my feet?!?! Didn't expect this after being on JUDDD for 5 months.

Dawn, I've noticed that you do bloat easily where at one time you didn't.......what's up with that, my friend?!
I noticed it also when you were in P3?!?!? Am I mistaken?!?
Old 03-29-2012, 03:23 PM   #101
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by metqa View Post
That's funny about the shoes!!!

So you are using actual refined MCT oil, from the glass bottle, or Coconut oil? The mCT oil is great for adding fat cause it doesn't solidify with cold. I found some Greek yogurt but it's fat free so I add MCT oil to it to make it normal.

Gracie: The New Compact Model!
Yeppers Metqa, it's the Smart/Basics MCT oil and is 39 calories, which by the way, I don't count either on DDs or UDs. Something that good for you should have a free pass, doncha think?!
Adding the MCT oil to the fat free yogurt is a good idea even on a down day. It's only 120 calories for the yogurt and since MCT oil gets a free pass, then it stays at 120! :ROFL:

Oh, you are a hoot, Metqa...I'm not gonna live that one down now, am I? The New Compact Model
Old 03-29-2012, 03:29 PM   #102
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kissa View Post
Gracie, you are the tops!
Sweet dear Cindy, my friend!!!
Old 03-29-2012, 03:37 PM   #103

Gracie, I so love that so many of us slightly 'older' ladies are finding JUDDD and having success here. It gives me such a thrill sharing with them that this is not just a 'quick fix'.

And the real health benefits are such a bonus.

Hugs to you.
Old 03-29-2012, 03:38 PM   #104
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Oh, and I should mention that my knee (just the one) and fingers get swollen when I cheat on P2. I keep thinking it is the sugar that I ingest while on a binge and it probably is. I hope (well it should!) that it goes away when I am at goal, but maybe it will stay away when I get started on the JUDDD. It should help with inflammation, right? I know that my fingers still feel puffy and fat and are hard to bend when I first wake up even when I get down to 115 lbs. My knee feels infinitely better when I am at goal, but my fingers still feel stiff. That is what I want to happen on JUDDD!!!
Dawn, I can only share my experience with my knee inflammation. It is totally gone, and I mean t.o.t.a.l.l.y!!!

There are others on the board who are experiencing similar decreases in inflammation with a lot more dramatic results than mine, so even if weight release isn't fast, the health benefits you reap are so worth the effort.

I am so anxious for you to c'mon over! When, my sweetie, when?!?!?
Old 03-29-2012, 03:54 PM   #105
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kissa View Post
Gracie, I so love that so many of us slightly 'older' ladies are finding JUDDD and having success here. It gives me such a thrill sharing with them that this is not just a 'quick fix'.

And the real health benefits are such a bonus.

Hugs to you.
I prefer to call it 'mature', 'slightly mature' and by the time we hit 80 then 'mighty mature'!! We do stay in the 'slightly mature' stage for quite a long time!!

You're so right.........I didn't give a fiddely about health benefits when I first started JUDDD and now, they are something for which I am so grateful.

JUDDD is truly the best of both worlds in the eating realm!!!

In all seriousness however, I firmly believe JUDDD is not age biased because the body is simply reacting to some basic biological patterning that I don't understand, nor is there any necessity for me to understand.

It works, and dat's da end of dat story!!

JMHO!!!!
Old 03-29-2012, 03:55 PM   #106

Yup!
Old 03-29-2012, 04:28 PM   #107

Quote:
Originally Posted by sazzie View Post
Dawn, I can only share my experience with my knee inflammation. It is totally gone, and I mean t.o.t.a.l.l.y!!!

There are others on the board who are experiencing similar decreases in inflammation with a lot more dramatic results than mine, so even if weight release isn't fast, the health benefits you reap are so worth the effort.

I am so anxious for you to c'mon over! When, my sweetie, when?!?!?
My puffy days were in P3 when my doctor scared me into adding salt to everything I gained so much so fast that I know I won't be doing that again. Yucky adrenal fatigue. My fingers feel puffy, but I am thinking the correct word is inflamed, every day now. I am not liking that at all. I just want it gone. It would be nice to know that it will be gone!!!

Oh girl, you know me...... have to finish one thing before I start the next. Have to get done with P2 first. That is IF I can get done with it I keep starting, then slipping big time, then starting, then slipping big time...just rinse and repeat that. I cannot stay on P2 to save my life. I am trying yet again. Day #1, restart for the 5th time this round I am guessing I will get done soon--I only have a bottle and a bit of another one left. It will run out soon then I will have no choice. Have you seen my posts lately? I am trying raspberry ketones (per Dr Oz) -- it is P2 friendly at least! And I have also bought SafSlim (thanks to QVC, then someone said it was on Dr Oz ) but that is not P2 friendly so I have to wait on that one too. Ah, me and the search for the elusive miracle cure when will it end?????!!!
Old 03-30-2012, 01:09 PM   #108
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
My puffy days were in P3 when my doctor scared me into adding salt to everything I gained so much so fast that I know I won't be doing that again. Yucky adrenal fatigue. My fingers feel puffy, but I am thinking the correct word is inflamed, every day now. I am not liking that at all. I just want it gone. It would be nice to know that it will be gone!!!

Oh girl, you know me...... have to finish one thing before I start the next. Have to get done with P2 first. That is IF I can get done with it I keep starting, then slipping big time, then starting, then slipping big time...just rinse and repeat that. I cannot stay on P2 to save my life. I am trying yet again. Day #1, restart for the 5th time this round I am guessing I will get done soon--I only have a bottle and a bit of another one left. It will run out soon then I will have no choice. Have you seen my posts lately? I am trying raspberry ketones (per Dr Oz) -- it is P2 friendly at least! And I have also bought SafSlim (thanks to QVC, then someone said it was on Dr Oz ) but that is not P2 friendly so I have to wait on that one too. Ah, me and the search for the elusive miracle cure when will it end?????!!!
Ah hon, I really think you are so terribly hard on yourself!

I so remember when the doctor put you on all that salt; and you were so faithful about his recommendations. Then, you got savvy and stopped it even though he had your best interests at heart.

LOL........funny, you ask when will it all end? Well, I can answer about the HCG.......when it's all gone!!!

Such a shame that it's discontinued for those who are just starting out or want to do another round or two.

Cut yourself a break, my surrogate daughter, and ease up on yourself and write another venting e mail or call me......it always helped before, and I'm all ears for you....anytime.

Hugs to you, Dawn!!!!
Old 03-30-2012, 01:27 PM   #109
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Went to the eye doctor early this morning and he took out a foreign object in my eye which turned out to be a seed covering.

Oddly enough, the eye wasn't bothering me at all, but my friend commented that my eye was all bloodshot. I just casually attributed it to some dust or particle that would work itself out in time. Well, it didn't.

I was able to see it in the mirror and it was a black speck that wouldn't move, and that was what prompted me to make the appointment.

Anyway all is well, so after the eye appointment, I was early enough to make my bowling league. This was our last week on Fridays, and really didn't want to miss it.

In about a half hour I leave for dinner with our friends, and I don't know how I'm going to put another thing in my belly; I have absolutely no appetite after the big lunch I had.....so may just have a large salad with some protein and call it a day.

Had my rugs in the entire house steam cleaned yesterday and now everything smells so fresh and sweet. Along with my Lampe Berger, I'm in aroma heaven.

Trying to get a playlist put together for my IPod but Apple doesn't recognize my log in data, and I've already requested a new password, but something is amiss because they tell me it's already registered...all kinds of crazy.
I can use my old tape recorder, but the IPod is so much smaller and easier to manipulate.

I'll take care of that when I have more time.

Later!!!
Old 03-30-2012, 03:04 PM   #110

Have a great weekend Gracie!! Spring Break starts tonight so the kids are happy. But I have to work tomorrow. They are expecting a whole bunch of people at the Chick Fil A tomorrow so I have to work. But it will be OK. It is not all day. I have had a great 2 days on plan so I expect this weekend to go just as well. Have a lovely evening.
Old 04-01-2012, 11:23 AM   #111
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Ragdoll24
Stats: 203/cw110.2/108.6 LDW
WOE: LC,IF,RX hCG Simeons for last 20 lbs. Phase3
Start Date: January 2007
Hello Gracie and all my old friends. I finally made it to your Journal and am enjoying reading all the posts. You have inspired me to get back to JUDDD along with Laurie and Deb. I'm so looking forward to see some release of the lbs. I also like the fact that my mindset will be different with not feeling guilty about my UD. Hugs, Barbara
Ragdoll24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 01:15 PM   #112
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Have a great weekend Gracie!! Spring Break starts tonight so the kids are happy. But I have to work tomorrow. They are expecting a whole bunch of people at the Chick Fil A tomorrow so I have to work. But it will be OK. It is not all day. I have had a great 2 days on plan so I expect this weekend to go just as well. Have a lovely evening.
Dawn, way to go on those 2 good P2 days!!! Keep going and before you know it, P3 will be knocking on your door!!
Old 04-01-2012, 01:19 PM   #113
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragdoll24 View Post
Hello Gracie and all my old friends. I finally made it to your Journal and am enjoying reading all the posts. You have inspired me to get back to JUDDD along with Laurie and Deb. I'm so looking forward to see some release of the lbs. I also like the fact that my mindset will be different with not feeling guilty about my UD. Hugs, Barbara
Barbara, how good it is to see you here!!!

JUDDD has been such a liberating WOE that I can't think of any other way to eat! No guilt, no pressure, and my DDs have become so easy that even I'm amazed!
Keep at it, my friend, and you too will bask in the ease of JUDDD!!
Old 04-01-2012, 01:38 PM   #114
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I had the most exhilarating experience at Palm Sunday mass this morning. It felt quite sacred.

After Mass, I got on 95 and drove down to the Carmelite Monastery and as soon as I entered the gates, the most peaceful feeling came over me. The grounds have the Stations of the Cross and you drive to each station. It is just a most spiritual place to be, and I couldn't have spent my morning any better!

It got very hot all of a sudden here today. After fertilizing some of my potted plants, I sat down with a cup of java, and then the heat hit me like a ton of bricks. It's very unusual to hit so quickly....within a half hour.....but I guess it's that time of year here in Florida.

The house has been pretty quiet all week with Peter gone and he and our cousin will be here within a few hours, so that will be the end of my 'alone' time. I enjoyed it and got a lot of stuff done including getting the carpets steam cleaned, and now the house smells so fresh and clean.

The exterminator was here and that's one thing I've yet to get used to here in Florida. I never had one on a periodic basis before, but in Florida, it's a necessary evil.

We have a friend who used to be a butcher and periodically, he makes home made Italian sausage, so I put my order in for 5 lbs; 3 sweet and 2 hot. Just in time for cousin Richard (the ex-chef) to do his thing.
The kitchen belongs to him while he's here.......he wouldn't have it any other way, and that suits me just fine!

I'll have to post a picture of the chef's apron that my neighbor made for Richard. I wanted to give it to him when he was here the last time, but duty called, and he had to leave before it was finished.

Anyway, that's my day today, and a good one it is!

Ciao~~
Old 04-01-2012, 03:16 PM   #115

Glad you had such a nice day!!! I just realized it's April 1st. Hope no one has played any pranks on you!
Old 04-01-2012, 04:20 PM   #116
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by metqa View Post
Glad you had such a nice day!!! I just realized it's April 1st. Hope no one has played any pranks on you!
Nope, no pranks........but the day isn't over yet!!!

How bout you?!
Old 04-01-2012, 05:28 PM   #117

No pranks for me today. I did go out to eat with my Chick Fil A family. I took my family too and we had a great time. The food was way too much for P2, but good nonetheless!! Back on for tomorrow!!! Happy April Gracie!!!

Barbara--so nice to see your pretty face around here yet again!!! Yeah for you to be JUDDDing!! I hope to join you ladies real soon!!
Old 04-02-2012, 11:40 AM   #118

I needed to return a busted cup from a blender set, without a reciept the lady at the store, over the phone, said to bring it back and they would exchange the broken piece.Drove across town get there, and neither do they have a set from which to replace it, it's not even in the order log for future stock. The closest store that has one is a whole city away 30 min drive one way. NO THANKS, and no thanks for wasting my gas to come when they could've checked for a replace ment while I was on the phone. without a reciept i can't get a refund and the only reason I bought a new set was cause it was cheaper to buy a whole new set with the cups than to buy a single replacement cup with shipping.

April Fool I am!

Last edited by metqa; 04-02-2012 at 11:42 AM..
Old 04-02-2012, 01:21 PM   #119
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: lindaokc
Stats: 196/170/140?
WOE: atkins/hcg/learning
Start Date: Feb, 07
Bummer about your situation, Metqa. I don't know why that always seems to happen anymore, but it certainly does. Too many options for ea company to pick from, I guess.

Gotta beg you, Gracie, to accept my apologies on not checking on your journal for quite some time. Hubby is doing better now and I am back to work at the hospitals. It feels good to get out of the house. He's still in a sling and will be fresh out of it when we head off to Santa Fe with our friends in the latter part of April.

I'm thrilled that JUDDD is working so well for you.

Sounds like you have found a way to eat for the rest of your life. Just don't get so tiny we can't find you.
Old 04-02-2012, 02:10 PM   #120
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
No pranks for me today. I did go out to eat with my Chick Fil A family. I took my family too and we had a great time. The food was way too much for P2, but good nonetheless!! Back on for tomorrow!!! Happy April Gracie!!!
Maybe way too much food for P2, but it sure sounds as though you had a grand time, and sometimes that's worth more than any diet can offer!!!