Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-20-2012, 10:19 AM   #31
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: lindaokc
Stats: 196/170/140?
WOE: atkins/hcg/learning
Start Date: Feb, 07
Fabulous results from your up day yesterday, Gracie! Love it! You will have another whoosh in the morning.

Today is a down day for me also. Having leftover fish from day before yesterday and some green beans, I think. I wanted some brussell sprouts but forgot to go to the store while I was out.

So far so good w/ the UDDD concept. I can feel the tummy bloat going away. I need to get to the gym, but don't see it happening today.

I prefer the Nestle Fat Free over Swiss Miss. It mixes much easier, not so clumpy. I use it most nights when having a DD, 20 calories and just mix w/ water. It's got milk solids in it already. Of course, if you don't like the powder in envelopes, you wouldn't care for it. I'm glad you've got the kind you enjoy and that it helps you sleep.

You are doing a fabulous job on your DD's! Keep inspiring me, please.

Sponsored Links
Old 02-20-2012, 11:16 AM   #32
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sazzie
Stats: Maintaining ±4 lbs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lindaokc View Post
Fabulous results from your up day yesterday, Gracie! Love it! You will have another whoosh in the morning.

Today is a down day for me also. Having leftover fish from day before yesterday and some green beans, I think. I wanted some brussell sprouts but forgot to go to the store while I was out.

So far so good w/ the UDDD concept. I can feel the tummy bloat going away. I need to get to the gym, but don't see it happening today.

I prefer the Nestle Fat Free over Swiss Miss. It mixes much easier, not so clumpy. I use it most nights when having a DD, 20 calories and just mix w/ water. It's got milk solids in it already. Of course, if you don't like the powder in envelopes, you wouldn't care for it. I'm glad you've got the kind you enjoy and that it helps you sleep.

You are doing a fabulous job on your DD's! Keep inspiring me, please.
Linda, Nesquick does mix a lot easier than the Swiss Miss. S/M is clumpy.
The Nesquick I have is 35 calories per 2 tbsp. I have the s/f version, and I didn't know it came in envelopes........

Sometimes, I want more than 2 tbsps., so that's why I like the loose powder.
I dislike envelopes because I always spill them over on the counter.....even my chicken broth powder...

Ya know what's really keeping my DDs in order are the pumpkin OMMs.
I wish I knew a way I could make about half a dozen in a silicone pan instead of making them one by one.
But at least making them one by one, I know the exact calorie count......
I'd have to say that without them, I'd have a hard time keeping at or under 500 calories.

Gracie's Journal
sazzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 11:19 AM   #33
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Well, last night, I got hungry but knew that I had only one option and that was my Nesquick hot chocolate drink, but I wanted to eat, not drink.

So I made a mixture of Nesquick, almond milk and chia seeds and set it in the fridge for about a half hour and then ate it with a spoon.

It could have been a lot thinker and sweeter, so today I'm experimenting with it.

I was down 2 lbs this morning, which puts me right back in high range.

Don't feel as though I'm dieting any more; feels more like I'm mosing right along.

I had a heavy brunch, so won't eat until dinner, and then tonight will have my Nesquick snack. Hope it's better than last night.
Old 02-22-2012, 06:43 AM   #34
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Even though I said I would accept this stable weight, I thought to myself...self, who are you kidding?! :LOL

I know I should accept it, but ya know that saying: shudda, cudda.....

My last two UDs, I decreased my calories to 1500K and while I know that's a bit low for my liking, if I choose the right foods, I'm quite satisfied.
Protein seems to be my go-to macro.

I will keep at this level for a bit to see how I feel.

My long term goal is to increase both UDs and DDs, but have to wait to see what those numbers will be

As much as I forget about it, I have to remember my age and my height.

I don't look my age, and am constantly reminded of that so when I remind myself, I sigh.....oh drats. Then again, I am proud and grateful for my good genes that have me looking in the 50s rather than the age of 72. My height at 5'2" has me looking at those on-line charts with the gag response.

I know what weight has me looking my best and feeling my best and that is 135.

Oh HHCG I had gotten down to 129 and according to my close friends and family, I wasn't the picture of health. I liked certain aspects of it, naturally, but I knew it wasn't the healthiest weight for me either.

I've been hovering at 140 since October and since the last 2 UDs at 1500, today I saw an old low I hadn't seen since the beginning of January; 139.2

Guess I did get carried away with my UDs because I saw a trend of getting corky with the calories........**I think 'corky' is acceptable rather than the usual term**

I am loving this journal as I can air my diet thoughts to my heart's content without worrying about hogging a forum with 'it's all about me'.....cause that's what this journal is about.

Thanks, LCF for providing this format!!! Very much appreciated!!
Old 02-24-2012, 01:12 PM   #35
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Glad you are losing a little more as a result of reducing the UD calories. Love reading here, so please keep journaling.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 05:39 AM   #36
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: aarosali
Stats: 172.4/172.4/150's 5'9"
WOE: HCG/JUDDD
Start Date: 3/25/12
Gracie, it's very helpful to me as a newbie to read your journal and to follow how you're figuring out the correct cals on DD and UD for you. It sounds like you're listening to your body and making adjustments as needed.
aarosali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 06:29 AM   #37
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thought I'd check in with you, Gracie. You are doing great figuring out what works for you!

I have been overdoing my up days also and have decided to cut back a bit. The up days doesn't say to go hog wild, lol, which is what I do some days.

So far, so good w/ JUDDD, not hitting any new lows, but I'm right there, so maybe next week.

Hoping your week is going great, my friend.
lindaokc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 07:20 AM   #38
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Cindy, aarosali anad Linda!!!

Thanks so much for visiting my journal.

These past two days have found me in an uncharacteristically discouraged mood.

Having made the decision to try and drop these last few lbs may have turned out to be a pipe dream.

I know it's a bit early in the game to be releasing more weight, but nevertheless, the mood continues.

I shed 4 lbs this past week after having reduced my UD calories to 1500 calories for the entire week, and it looked quite hopeful. It lasted until yesterday when my weight soared up 5 lbs.
DD calories were in the 200-300 range.

I take sodium, hormones, and all of the other components into account, but now it seems that this new high is sticking, especially after a DD???

Linda, you know me quite well, and understand my persistence with weight issues, but I'm thinking seriously of going back to my higher UDs of 1700-1800 calories and low DDs. I want to push the UD calorie limit to the highest it can go.......not lower it.

At least at those higher numbers I maintained. Now, I'm maintaining at a much lower point. Shoot, if I'm going to maintain, I may as well accept the higher weight and the higher caloric level.

I may give this another week and see what a 2 week average turns out to be, but I tell ya, I'm skeptical.
Old 02-26-2012, 09:24 AM   #39

We watch and wait and wish you well.
Old 02-26-2012, 11:31 AM   #40
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thank you Cindy!!!

Wow, in re-reading my post, I sounded so negative! That's not a comfortable place for me to be, so, I'm not there anymore!

At the beginning of JUDDD, I had the mindset of simply relaxing and going with the flow, and it seems I may have lost that temporarily, but I'm back to basics now!

If I can get down to 135, fine......if I don't, that's fine too because in reality, I do look fine, feel fine, and all my smaller size clothes fit me fine, but most importantly, I am hale and hearty!

I'll continue to weigh daily; journalize and track my calories on ****** to see what patterns are developing, but I will not allow that scale to dictate my mood. I haven't in the past, and I fell, but got back up where I belong.
Old 02-26-2012, 11:51 AM   #41

That's my girl. What a relief.
Old 02-26-2012, 12:11 PM   #42
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Atta girl, Gracie!! It's all about getting back up.
Old 02-28-2012, 08:08 AM   #43
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

February is almost gone and we're well into 2012!!!

Started going back to the gym on Sunday doing Slow Burn.

I didn't stretch or replenish my body with water after my workout and that's why I am so sore today.

I have to re-sign for this year so will be going today anyway, and am going to look into their Zumba classes. Also interested in Yoga, but knowing me, I'd better just take one step at a time.

I overate yesterday on my UD big time. I found a potato chip replacement that I couldn't (or wouldn't) stop eating. Special K cracker chips...27 of these little things for 110 calories. I couldn't have one serving....no...not even two servings, but almost 4 servings of them.

Am I addicted to crunchy salty........you bet.

They do replace the potato chips I used to have pre-lowcarb days, but once I opened a bag of them, that was the end of it.

I totally went over my UD limit calories which brought me up to over 2000, but I surely enjoyed every morsel.

The scale reflected only a .6 gain. It may show up in a couple of days, but then I will have had another DD to offset it.

I did try to go down to 1500 calories on my UDs, and lasted a week. I've always been one who eats quite a bit and have been teased by my family that I can outdo my very tall and robust nephew at the dinner table.

DD today and actually looking forward to it.

Will be making my favorite pumpkin OMM!!
Old 02-28-2012, 11:49 AM   #44

Gallery: metqa
Stats: 147/136/125; 5'1"
WOE: PSMF/hcg Transitioning to HFLC
Start Date: joined LCF 2003: HCG/PSMF 07/2014
My mother has gotten into Zumba and really enjoys it. I'm 25 years younger and it blows my mind. I'll stick to something slower...
metqa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 01:44 PM   #45
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

LOL Metqa!!!

Just got back from the gym to pay my yearly dues, and while I was in the office, my trainer came out of the back and said......'well look how skinny you are!'

If that didn't make my day, especially coming from him, cause he kicks butt and doesn't pay compliments easily.

Then I went over to the fitness center and ended up doing my full routine. Really didn't think I could handle it as I was still sore from Sunday, but got through it and now I feel my muscles have awakened from a long winter's nap.
My arms are still shaking from the upper body workout, so I am looking forward to tomorrow's rest day which is also an UD......only thing planned is bowling in the am.
Old 02-28-2012, 03:45 PM   #46

WTG Gracie, love the new avatar, please tell us about it...
Old 02-28-2012, 04:17 PM   #47
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Cindy,

Cody is the newest addition to our family, and my avatar is the day of his christening. It was taken a few months ago, and he is a bugger now......but a beautiful bugger; stubborn but oh, so smart!!

Of course I am quite biased as his Nana!!!
Old 02-29-2012, 03:37 PM   #48

Lovely, and Nana too!
Old 02-29-2012, 04:26 PM   #49
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Love, love LOVE the picture, Gracie. Such a cute little one. Is he your only grandchild or just the latest one?

I so understand about having too many calories on up days. I am fighting the same problem. I've always had such a huge appetite. Yesterday was supposed to be a down day but it turned into an up day, so going to try 2 down days and back on schedule Friday. I've done ok today. Sending you an email about it all.

Good for you for heading back to that gym. I'm still "working on it"..
Old 03-01-2012, 02:50 PM   #50
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thank you, Cindy!

Linda, Cody is our 3rd grandchild and the only boy. My daughters (as you know) weren't able to have children so my virile son has given us our three grandchildren.

I am so tired this afternoon, but a 'good' tired.

Went bowling this morning, then to the gym, then food shopping. Came home and cooked some collard greens from our local farmer. Each Tuesday we have a delivery of fresh produce and there is always a loaf of crusty bread included in the generous bag.

The collard greens were so so good! I diced some fresh garlic, onion and celery and used vegetable broth. Then I added about a tbsp of spicy brown mustard and let it all simmer for about 45 minutes.......
Tomorrow I will add red kidney beans to it and have an old-fashioned 'beans and greens' dish.

My workout at the gym today was a real killer. I really had to force myself to increase my weights, but in order for S/Burn to work, those weights need to be increased with each workout.

I changed my schedule for the gym to Sunday, Tuesday and Thursday. Most folks go M/W/F. With Slow Burn, it's important to go from one machine to the next quickly to keep the h/rate up, and going on these days allows me to get to the machines without waiting.

More journaling a bit later.
Old 03-01-2012, 02:53 PM   #51

Great job on the Slow Burn. I know that I should work with weights but unless I am in a class situation I am so unmotivated.

It is a fault I should work on.

Mmmm those greens sound so good.
Old 03-01-2012, 03:13 PM   #52
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

You have been one busy lady today, Gracie! That should burn off quite a few calories. Little time to sit in the chair.

Those greens sound so good. I never used to like them....so much for the wisdom of youth. I made a yummy kale soup a week or so ago. Gotta get those greens while we can, the season is almost over.

I can't believe this weather. Almost up to 80 degrees today. Kinda scary, really. The Bradford pears are all blossomed out and a freeze will kill the blossoms but I can almost bet there will be another freeze. It's still too early. Hope my Irises don't start popping up.

Check your email, sweet pea.
Old 03-01-2012, 04:41 PM   #53
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Linda,

Replied!!!! Now, check your e mail!

We had bradford pears when we lived in Virginia, and I so loved them.

Not here in Florida, though.

Yea, the chair syndrome......boy, that plagued me this past winter.
Old 03-01-2012, 09:39 PM   #54

Bowling Sounds like a Good Idea!!!
Old 03-02-2012, 05:09 AM   #55
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kissa View Post
Great job on the Slow Burn. I know that I should work with weights but unless I am in a class situation I am so unmotivated.

It is a fault I should work on.

Mmmm those greens sound so good.
Cindy, I've always been a self-starter and most times, but not all, do better on an individual basis. I'm my best competitor.

Will be interesting when I start Zumba next week. Opportunity to meet new folks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindaokc View Post
You have been one busy lady today, Gracie! That should burn off quite a few calories. Little time to sit in the chair.

Those greens sound so good. I never used to like them....so much for the wisdom of youth. I made a yummy kale soup a week or so ago. Gotta get those greens while we can, the season is almost over.

I can't believe this weather. Almost up to 80 degrees today. Kinda scary, really. The Bradford pears are all blossomed out and a freeze will kill the blossoms but I can almost bet there will be another freeze. It's still too early. Hope my Irises don't start popping up.

Check your email, sweet pea.
Linda, recipe for that kale soup, please? Did you add ham?

Quote:
Originally Posted by metqa View Post
Bowling Sounds like a Good Idea!!!
Metqa, I would feel lost if I didn't bowl. Right now, I'm bowling 4 days a week, but it will soon only be 3 when the leagues revamp.
Then, of course there's the summer league.....LOL
It's the one sport Peter and I do together, although he plays golf and enjoys it so much that I tried it but it just isn't my game.
Old 03-02-2012, 06:01 AM   #56
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gracie, the kale soup isn't a recipe, just kind of throw things together. The last time I made it I was trying to go low cal, so just used lots of yummy chicken broth, bell peppers, garlic, onion, celery, hot pepper flakes, a can of rotel (I think I used it last time, maybe not) and the kale. It was good....not as good as if I had thrown some meat in it, but good. We used it several nights and hubby had a bowl of it along w/ his meat. The best time I made it, I used neck bones....oh, so good.

Wish we could start bowling with a league, but by taking off in the motor home, it kind of limits what we can join. Leaving on spring break w/ DGS in a couple of weeks, heading to Galveston. Can't wait!!!
Old 03-02-2012, 10:12 AM   #57
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yea, Linda, that's the way to make soup! Just throw all good ingredients in a pot and simmer.........

If I'm given a recipe, I just ask for the ingredients; not the amounts.

For the most part, I always modify any recipe I have.

Even modified my mom's pizzelles that were a life-long recipe.
People have asked me for my pizzelle recipe and it's next to impossible to duplicate, so I usually give them the original one and then they can play with it themselves......
Alicia has the hand for it, though...which makes me so happy......and she has modded the modification. LOL

If it weren't so hot here, I'd make a couple of double batches and have them for UDs, although I do still have a container from Christmas. They freeze beautifully.
Old 03-04-2012, 06:31 AM   #58
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yesterday was a real bummer!

I have had a seizure disorder since the age of 17 and every now and then, it rears its ugly head. Fortunately, these are mild seizures, (not grand mal) and I can talk, eat and do most things on my own, but the most debilitating sleepiness comes over me.
So, I took my meds, then went to bed for the rest of the day an woke up at 7 am this morning feeling myself.

That made for a perfect DD, as I had not a morsel. I didn't have any water either, so that's not good.

Down a lb this morning, but am sure it's due to the 'dizzy spell' as we call them here.
But, I'll take it anyway.
Old 03-04-2012, 06:41 AM   #59

I'm sorry you had a dizzy-spell don't let yourself get dehydrated. Hope your Sunday is Better.
Old 03-04-2012, 11:47 AM   #60

So sorry about that Gracie, how like you to make light of it. I agree with Metqa, plenty of water.