Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-12-2014, 12:30 PM   #481
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sazzie
Stats: Maintaining ±4 lbs.
WOE: JUDDD
Boy, when I said 'slow', I meant it. I've been at the same weight with fluctuations up/down since the last time I journalized.

I promise myself that when I get down to a decent number again, I am going to STAY there.

My clothes, for the most part, still fit, but not as well as they had been.

I've started to experiment with higher calorie counts and I'll see where that takes me.

I'm also thinking that with all the changes we senior gals make, that I may have to reconsider my number........nah, don't want to do that......scratch that.

I really don't want to do low carb, so I'm doing medium and my limit is 90-100 carbs on UDs. Always did well with that number in the past, but that's just it........the past....

After I was done with HCG, I noticed that I had become carb resistant, and it took a very long while to re-train my body to accept carbs again.
I like my bread tooooo much to give it up, and want my body to recognize its presence so that it doesn't go bonkers when I do have it.

Have also added more protein in the way of 2 eggs in my OMM on my DD.

I don't have a problem with hunger on DDs, but am starting to resent giving up food every other day with few results.......diet fatigue?; not enough activity? Don't know at this point.

Gracie's Journal
sazzie is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-25-2014, 11:33 AM   #482
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Well, things have started to move again, and I've added an extra UD in the equation. This is sorta telling me that my calories were too dang low!

I didn't plan the extra consecutive UD but it just happened and I kept a close eye on the scale......yep, back to the scale again......never did think I could keep away from it that long!

I'm feeling a lot freer and is reminiscent of my 5:2 days when I was in maintenance, so am encouraged.

I've been eating everything, and I mean every. thing......junk included. When I do have that junk, I feel horrible, absolutely horrible.

I can have reasonable amounts of reasonably junky stuff......cheesecake, ice cream, even pizza, etc., but keep me away from salted snacks......they play havoc with not only my scale weight but with my disposition.
I should take my own advice and remember that with my seizure disorder, too much sun, salt and sugar are my enemies. The big 'S'.

Anyway the scale is moving, my clothes still fit, albeit some are still a bit snug, and all is going along nicely in my WOE/WOL.

Last edited by sazzie; 03-25-2014 at 11:34 AM..
Old 03-26-2014, 10:25 AM   #483
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Weighed the same after an UD, which is not really unusual, but have been seeing it more often.

I'm almost certain now that my calorie level was too low, but will keep a sharp eye on that.

After bowling this morning, I came home to have my DD lunch, and I was exceptionally hungry, but kept to my menu.

I've been at goal so many different times then gain the same amount of weight each time. That tells me something......of what I'm not sure......

I am blessed though that I can catch it before it gets out of hand, but methinks that the challenge of dieting is attractive to me. I love challenges, but I wonder.........just wonder.
Old 04-01-2014, 02:46 PM   #484
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: dawnyama
Stats: 154/119.2/118 5'3.5"
WOE: Rx hcg
Start Date: 6/1/09
Gracie---sounds like me. 1,000 times me. I go on hcg, regain in P3, go back to hcg, regain in P3. Ugh!!!! Goal so many times, then gain the same amount each and every time. Me thinks that I need to stay at the weight I gain, not the weight I lose. Something in me is telling me to stay at the higher weight. There is a bit of discussion on the hcg board about the re-set and if it is real. And then Lilac coming back. Lots of "what is going on" discussions that are brutally honest. Good stuff.
Old 04-01-2014, 02:47 PM   #485

Gallery: dawnyama
Stats: 154/119.2/118 5'3.5"
WOE: Rx hcg
Start Date: 6/1/09
Well, look what I just found:

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/hc...intaining.html
dawnyama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 09:19 AM   #486
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Really, I amaze myself!

Methinks that after all these years of dieting and trying to lose the same amount of weight (10) lbs. that it didn't hit me sooner.

I've come full circle in that I am eating every day now.

I got major diet fatigue with JUDDD and had started to resent the fact that I couldn't eat the way I wanted without putting 3-4 lbs on.....granted, it wasn't fat, but still, water makes your clothes tight, too!

I did JUDDD off and on since October 2011 after doing HHCG and truly gave it my all and while I did lose a few lbs., it turned out that it was mostly maintenance. So being in the diet mentality I kept it up and then at the beginning of this month, I gave up EOD, and took the plunge and started to eat as I did many years ago……everything, every day. I gained a few lbs. and went a lot higher than I would have liked, but that was something I was willing to chance.
My body is still adjusting and am above the high end of my window but I'm emotionally and psychologically comfortable and the weight is dropping, albeit slowly. I've also noticed that my water retention is much lower eating this way.
My hunger level has dropped and I attribute that to the fact that I don't have to wait until tomorrow to have what I want. It's there for me now, if I choose.

As it turns out, the high sugars still affect me negatively with my seizure disorder, but they always did so that's not news. High carbs don't affect me as much, but they do affect my energy level and I go into a carb coma if I eat too many.

So, am back to eating the way I did as a child, young adult, and through all the child-rearing days with the exception of post-birth Atkins days.

I let it all go……and my body has reacted favorably!

I rather miss tracking my food/calories/carbs/protein cause I am a detailed oriented type of gal, but I'll get over it.

I still weigh but out of curiosity than anything else……..
Old 05-18-2014, 09:32 AM   #487

Gallery: metqa
Stats: 147/142.5/135
WOE: HCG
Start Date: joined LCF 2003: HCG 11/2013
Wow, that's fascinating Gracie. I'm gonna pay attention to what's going on with that.

My problem is unbalance eating in waves. If I could eat what I wanted regularly instead of feast and fast, I'd be better off in general.

Let's see how this works for you over time!
metqa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 08:53 AM   #488
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Went for my routine doctor's visit this morning, and my LDL was entirely too high.......HDL was OK,
I'm not used to getting bad numbers, and this prompts me to change something, and quickly.

Need to cut out some carbs, that's for sure. Now I remember why I stuck with low carb for so many years.....it kept my numbers and my weight in check!
Even JUDDD did that!

Of course, it could all be due to this last month with having our cuz with us who used to be a chef. He cooked every night, and I gave him carte blanche in the kitchen. I also ate everything he made, and evidently too much of it, cause I'm also 5 lbs. heavier. I also did not take any supplements the entire time he was here. Just took my seizure disorder med.

I thought I could really get away with eating and and all foods, but who was I kidding? My body does not like the way I've been eating, and it told me so on no uncertain terms. Drats!!!

So, I gave this fairy-tale WOE 7 weeks and now it's time to wake up!

I have some serious work to get these numbers down within 3 months for my next check-up. Normally I go 2x a year, but I asked the doctor for a 3 month evaluation and he thought that was a good idea.

So, I guess I have my work cut out for me. Will start my EFAs, Krill Oil, and all the other good supps I took for so long. The EFAs and low carb always worked well to get my genetically high cholesterol down, so here I go again!

Last edited by sazzie; 06-27-2014 at 08:56 AM..
Old 06-27-2014, 09:10 AM   #489
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: lindaokc
Stats: 196/170/140?
WOE: atkins/hcg/learning
Start Date: Feb, 07
Hate that your numbers are up, Gracie, but amazed that you only gained 5 lbs in all that time. I'm sure taking your supplements and eating the clean way again will take your weight back down and put the other numbers in line with what they should be.
It's good to hear from you again.
lindaokc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 09:43 AM   #490
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Linda.......it's good hearing from you!!

Figured it was that time of year for you with road trips and such.

Thanks for the encouragement; sure need it right now.