Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-24-2013, 10:19 AM   #451
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sazzie
Stats: Maintaining ±4 lbs.
WOE: JUDDD
OK......got on my son's laptop to respond to you! These keys are still too small for me, but it's a bit better. So used to my desktop.

Those unexpected times can be a royal pain, and is one of the reasons I put my WLM on the back burner. We just had too much going on socially. Just a few days of not eating well is a lot better than abandoning my routine altogether, and that's exactly what I did and is the reason I'm back into WLM. Perfect example of yo-yoing.

So, that's why I'm taking this weekend in stride....I will get back to routine tomorrow.

I really am quite looking forward to maintenance this time cause then I will have a bit more leeway for a limited amount of time; just not 2-3 months.

I've not changed my stats, cause I'm almost there!

Gracie's Journal
sazzie is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-24-2013, 06:31 PM   #452
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: metqa
Stats: 147/142.5/135
WOE: HCG
Start Date: joined LCF 2003: HCG 11/2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by sazzie View Post
Metqa, with all the social stuff coming your way, it's hard to plan any kind of diet! It'll happen soon enough!
I hear you. I wanted to lose weight before the Con but that doesn't look like it will happen. I'm having a hard time weening myself off of caffeine as well. (aka RedBull) But I don't drive at all next week so I'll be able to be miserable for the weening time before the con. caffeine is a great tool, but it suck having to 'depend' on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawnyama View Post
metqa--you should do a round. I have lost 5.2 lbs so far and not even done with week #1. I think I have yet to do a day POP (perfectly on plan) too. Geesh! Nobuo working from home is not the best for my diet. And it doesn't help that I started this round at least 15 lbs over what I normally start a round. So being in the 140's is rare. I believe my body is ready to shed the pounds as much as I am.
Wow, way to go, and i know how it feels when your body says "enough is enough, we need to shed some pounds!" It feels really anxious and I want to do something RIGHT AWAY. My BF doesn't understand the feeling cause he's never been overweight, but he is good for telling me to be patient when I get to worked up. I know he's gonna be supportive of my next round after all the talking we've had about HCG before, and then JUDDD.

Quote:
How fun Gracie!!! Babysitting the grandkids. And how fun to go to a football game. I have never been but after watching so many of them on the tv, I think I would really enjoy going to one someday.

Another day, another day everyone will be going out to eat. This is crazy. We have no occasions to eat out for, everyone is back in school. So all this eating out is not usual for us. I will just have to play it by ear, depending on where everyone wants to go. We are going to visit Nobuo's aunt, so who knows where we will end up. Could be fast food burgers or a sit down at Ruby Tuesday's. Ugh!! I just want to eat my protocol food and lose weight. Is that so hard to ask????? One day where I can eat with no deviations, troubles, too much thinking. That would be nice.
For my BF, social eating only ruins his wallet, not his diet. people don't realize how difficult it is to "be nice and social" and stay on plan without just eating lettuce salad. Why does no one suggest going out skating or bowling or some activity that doesn't involve eating?
"You have to understand zat ven a vampire forgoes . . .the b-vord, zere is a process zat ve call transference? Zey force Zemselves to desire somesing else? . . .But your friend chose . . . coffee. And now he has none." "You can find him some coffee, or . . .you can keep a vooden stake and a big knife ready. You vould be doink him a favor, believe me." Monstrous Regiment by Terry Pratchett
IBKKF 898
metqa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 06:44 PM   #453
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oh yea, but if you were to go to a bowling alley or a skating rink, there's food all around......and not good stuff, either.........so someone invariably says' oooh, lets get something to eat. Just the smell of the food would start testing my resolve.

Like Dawn says, we each need to have our diet time without interruptions, but we also know that ain't not about to happen. Working around it is no picnic, either, but it's part of the whole picture. We literally have to learn how to eat with life going on. I think I've found at least a partial answer with JUDDD......I still have to be mindful that junk food is just that.......junk for my body. JUDDD does afford me a bit more flexibility.

I don't know how many times I've made the comment to myself about living to eat or eating to live. Fuel the engine, and all those other clever sayings that make so much sense until we see that special something in front of us......

This got a little lengthy cause I'm home now on my trusty desktop!

I guess I really should get with the program and get myself either a laptop or an IPad!
Old 08-25-2013, 08:38 PM   #454

Quote:
Oh yea, but if you were to go to a bowling alley or a skating rink, there's food all around......and not good stuff, either.........so someone invariably says' oooh, lets get something to eat. Just the smell of the food would start testing my resolve.
I guess I never thought of that, being a cheapskate and imagining greasy sticky fingers while bowling. ;P
Old 08-27-2013, 01:49 PM   #455
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Since we got back on Sunday from our son's, this lazy feeling came over me and I had to fight the inertia to get to the gym.

When I got there, however, I was able to increase my weight by 5 lbs., which is unusual. I usually increase by 2 lbs., and with the way I was feeling, I was very surprised.

Today is a DD, and a very welcome one, at that. Had my Pure Protein drink after my workout worth 23 grams of protein, and 120 calories.
Will have my broccoli dish in about an hour or so.

Loving what the MCT oil is doing for my appetite.......of course I'm taking pterstilbene also and they seem to be working in concert quite well.

Rode the r/bike HIIT for only 18 minutes today, but I feel my legs getting stronger each time I get on! I am going every day for the bike and every other day for weights.

The scale seems to be stationary right now, but my clothes are fitting OK.

By going about my business and staying the course, I trust my body to take care of itself.
Old 08-30-2013, 08:15 AM   #456
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Weight is holding steady, but am seeing differences in my body getting smaller. Evidently, the steady weight training is paying off.

I'm not far off base as a few of my friends noticed it yesterday also. That was very uplifting and motivating.

At the middle of last year's bowling season is when I let the reigns go and by the end of the season, it was quite noticeable. It was a matter of 10 lbs., and that is quite noticeable on me.

I've stopped using the leg press because my muscles respond very quickly to it, but pushes the fat up and makes my butt look like its in another zip code.
I'm doing other stuff to supplement that though so all my muscles get a workout.

I've got about 5 lbs to go, but I know these are going to be slow coming off but it's all good because my smaller clothes are now starting to fit again.

I do have a hand held fat thingy and according to it, the percentage has dropped almost 3%. It probably isn't very accurate, but it does give me a baseline to record.

My main goal is to lose fat and gain LBM. I feel strong and vital again, and want to keep this feeling!

Off to the gym!
Old 09-04-2013, 02:03 PM   #457
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Today was a real push to get to the gym. I hadn't gone in 4 days, and it doesn't take long to get out of a good routine.

My main reason for staying away from my routine is that I'm having some intermittent pain in my left elbow and it was exacerbated when I added more weight for my triceps last week.

So, today I decided not to use the rope pull-down and just do the machine lat pull down and decrease the weight from 50 to 35 lbs. At least I'll be getting some movement but not so much as to injure myself more. Fortunately, there was no pain. I also did 3 sets of 12 rather than my normal S/Burn. That gave me the burn I want. Think I'll have to forgo S/Burn at least for the upper body for awhile......I'm just grateful I can do something and that there are options.

Weight is still holding steady as well as bf%.
Old 09-04-2013, 02:05 PM   #458

Old 09-13-2013, 10:29 AM   #459
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Wow, time is sure flying by and I don't get on here as much as I promised myself.

I do keep a personal journal and I guess that's why I don't journal in here as much as I'd like, but I do value a cross reference.

My weight is holding so steady, it's almost as if my body is telling me something I'm not especially wanting to hear. I don't fluctuate more than a lb or two each day, most times only 1 lb. I'm pretty satisfied with the way my smaller clothes are fitting again, even at this higher weight, so my workouts are evidently working the way they should.

My workouts have been good and even though I temporarily halted the leg press, I contacted F/Hahn again to get his take on it, and he said not to stop it, and gave me some more pointers as he always does, and so the work continues.

Today is DD, and I've been concentrating on veggies for the most part, and was doubting whether I was getting enough protein, so today I'm going to take a page out of Biz's correction manual and do a day of non-fat Greek yogurt. I liked the way it worked about 6 weeks ago, and would have done it again, but simply forgot about it.

I think that should cover my protein needs very well.

I've had absolutely no hunger issues at all this time on JUDDD! I have just enough hunger to eat when I should, but there are no cravings as I had in the past. I'm even losing the nasty cravings on UDs as well.
Old 09-15-2013, 05:08 AM   #460

Old 09-17-2013, 10:13 AM   #461

Gallery: dawnyama
Stats: 154/118.4/118 5'3.75"
WOE: Rx hcg
Start Date: 6/1/09
dawnyama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 09:34 AM   #462
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Another entry in my journal today to record that my weight is remaining quite stable.

My appetite on DDs is almost non-existent and I have to credit that to the combination of pterstilbene and MCT oil. I did feel the need to eat yesterday afternoon, although not real hunger, so I took another tbsp. of MCT.

My schedule right now has me working out on DDs, and I am loving the energy level I have. Before JUDDD, if I had worked out fasting, I could do it, yes, but I would feel exhausted later on in the day.
Not with JUDDD......it's amazing to me how good I feel on these DDs.

I pulled out a real old pair of shorts (about 10 years ) that are much smaller than I've been able to wear. and I'm wearing them now. Even though my scale number is higher, something good is happening.........I haven't measured, but I'm so relaxed with my WOE now, that I don't feel the need to keep close tabs on that because I know my body is adjusting well. I will measure eventually though out of curiosity.

I suspect I will be putting on some poundage when we go on our cruise, and that's OK, cause it will come off when I resume rotations.
Who knows, I just may not gain, and wouldn't that be awesome!
Old 10-11-2013, 01:19 PM   #463
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Back from our family cruise and it was an experience to remember. We got home yesterday morning, and I'm still a bit disoriented, but I know within the next 48 hours or so, things should feel back to normal.

The 3 grandkids were googely-eyed (sp?) and actually, so were the 6 adults.

The food! Odda my goodness, the food! I knew it would be a feast, and so it was! I kept going back to the soft-serve ice cream stand cause it was so dang good......I swear it tastes different on board.

The Disney Dream is humongous.....with accommodations for 2500 folks you'd think we'd be constantly bumping into one another, but we didn't. It was so organized and efficient, it just blew my mind. The theater alone houses 1300 and the shows were a real treat, although I declined the 'pirate' show. My grandson enjoyed that one.

I'd been on cruises before, but this one was different with all the kids! Baby-sitting was provided for hours so my son and his wife could have free time.....it was lovely.

Anyway, a successful and enjoyable excursion, and to top it off, I came home 1.6 lbs. heavier, although I waited until this morning before I weighed.......I was so shocked when I got on the scale because the average weight gain for a cruise is about 7 lbs.......who knows, I just may need to eat more. Wouldn't that be a hoot?

Hubby gained 7 lbs., two of which were off today; probably water weight; so a gain of 5 lbs.

I ate randomly with no reservations! My dinners, however, were different meats including tenderloin and veggies that were outstanding followed by cream broulee and sometimes two desserts....I knew it would be temporary, so decided to enjoy myself.

Didn't take any supplements while I was away, so resumed them this morning. I'll start in earnest with ptero and MCT oil tomorrow.
Anxious to get on a regular routine with the Ionic Magnesium.

I'm still in my own dreamworld remembering and being so grateful that our family was able to spend precious time together.

Anyway, we're back and now it's time to......well, I'm not sure what it's time for, but I know it won't be as much fun as we had in this past week!
Old 10-11-2013, 02:02 PM   #464
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: shirlc
Stats: 144/127.5/130-5'5"
WOE: Low/Mod Carb, JUDDD (JUDDD, 10/25/11 at 141.5)
Start Date: March, 2006
So glad you had such an awesome cruise...family time is the most precious!
shirlc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 05:23 PM   #465

Yay!! What a vacation. Sounds like a dream. Glad you had fun!!!
Old 10-12-2013, 12:08 PM   #466

Enjoying your description of everything. Sounds like it was wonderful.
Old 10-25-2013, 04:53 AM   #467
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

While nothing is too new for me to journal, I still want to keep an online account of what's going on with things.

Hubby went shopping yesterday while I was bowling, and brought home peanut butter. I had sworn off the stuff a while back because when I start eating it, there's no stopping me.

Well, that old habit reared its ugly head again last night, and I had about 4 tbsp. of it, and didn't want any more. That is such a win for me.......it just didn't have the same 'oomph' it used to offer me, and I'm so glad.

Weight is holding steady again, and going over records, I'm finding I'm eating a lot less crappy foods.....except for our recent cruise, of course........

I've come to a point where I'm not weighing every day nor recording what foods I've eaten every day. I rather enjoyed doing it though, because I just like having points of reference and I'm a record-keeping kind of gal.

I don't feel as though I'm dieting any more; it just flows and has become rather easy.

I feel very grateful that after years of battling that up and down 10-15 lb gain/loss...gain/loss, JUDDD has allowed me to maintain a desirable stable weight.

One thing I do know is I won't let my guard down!

Back in the mid-80s, I came across a diet that was coined the 'Rotation Diet' by a Howard Elliott back in Phila. where we lived.

It was very similar to JUDDD, the only differences were the names given: 'free' day and 'fast' day. The fast days were just that and supplements in wafer form were provided at a cost.
The free days were just that also, but there were no limits to calories or types of foods eaten.

I took to this diet and lost weight in very small time frame, but lost a lot more than my body liked. I was down to 117, and I looked absolutely awful, and my family and friends did not hesitate to tell me. They were right because one day, I looked in the mirror, and I actually became scared.

So, I started using the wafers a lot less frequently and brought my weight up to 128...a lot better and I looked and felt wonderful.
Naturally, when I totally stopped taking the wafers, then my body said 'alleluia' and eventually, I was back to 140.

So some 30 years later, along comes JUDDD....and the bells went off, but did it anyway; at least I wouldn't be totally fasting on a DD. I'm so glad I made that decision.

Today, I have a better grasp of nutrition than I did back then, and because I'm a lot older, I can afford the extra few lbs....

Last edited by sazzie; 10-25-2013 at 04:56 AM..
Old 02-14-2014, 09:31 AM   #468
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oh my, haven't journaled since October!

I have to be accountable to myself, and reading my journal helps me do that.

I was fine with my weight after my cruise in October and then came Thanksgiving, then Christmas, then a wishy-washy type of attitude reared its ugly head and seemed to settle in.

Maybe I became over confident because I've been successful before, but whatever the reason, I was very disappointed in myself that I had once again become complacent. The old mindset seemed to re-establish itself that I'd licked it and can relax........

I let it go, and it got me.

I had done so well with maintaining for so long, and here I am again, battling the bulge!

Granted, I'm talking about 8 lbs., but I'll be 74 next month, and it has become increasingly difficult to lose the weight. Increasing the goal number is definitely in my plans so I don't put too much pressure on myself.

To take some pressure off, I also decided not to get on the scale and let my clothes act as my barometer.

After previewing this post, it read like a downer, but it will serve me well in reflection.........

It also occurred to me that there are other good habits that have gone by the wayside.......my meditations have decreased, along with my gym visits. I've joined a challenge here at LCF to motivate me, but that motivation has to come from within.

I just have to get in the zone!

Last edited by sazzie; 02-14-2014 at 09:33 AM..
Old 02-14-2014, 10:16 AM   #469

you are right about the motivation coming from within. I've got to battle with that myself and get back on track as well.

Love hearing from you!
Old 02-14-2014, 10:28 AM   #470
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: shirlc
Stats: 144/127.5/130-5'5"
WOE: Low/Mod Carb, JUDDD (JUDDD, 10/25/11 at 141.5)
Start Date: March, 2006
Maintaining is hard work...especially when the holidays come around. I was at goal the beginning of last year and then not... Now that I am at goal again, I really want to stay here. The rotations are definitely the answer as long as I do them the way I know I have to!
shirlc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 11:00 AM   #471
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by metqa View Post

you are right about the motivation coming from within. I've got to battle with that myself and get back on track as well.

Love hearing from you!
I missed being here, and hearing from you too!

I'm trying to think what motivated me to begin with!

Choosing anything in my closet and having it fit!
Feeling high energy & spirits......
Having my blood work come back in the ideal range!!!

Shoot, those things are enough..........

How bout if we cheer one another on!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shirlc View Post
Maintaining is hard work...especially when the holidays come around. I was at goal the beginning of last year and then not... Now that I am at goal again, I really want to stay here. The rotations are definitely the answer as long as I do them the way I know I have to!
Shirl, you are doing so dang well, and I'm so happy for you!
And, I see that you're still going down.........wow, girl, you hit it this time.

You'll stay there, I'm sure! I've always said it's a matter of 'want' not 'will' power.
Old 02-14-2014, 11:52 AM   #472

so nice to hear from you again I am still here, still doing P2
Old 02-14-2014, 02:18 PM   #473
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
so nice to hear from you again I am still here, still doing P2
Dawn, back atcha!

Been quite a long while, eh?

OMGoodness, you are the pro at HCG! If anyone ever wants to know anything about protocol, I would definitely send them to you!
Old 02-14-2014, 04:49 PM   #474

Thanks Sazzie LOL. I am wiped out. I am done with this round. Not where I want to be, but I am where my bod wants to be. I am hungry.......and just want to eat by this point.
Old 02-24-2014, 07:19 AM   #475
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

My last DD was Wednesday.

Thursday, Friday Sat and Sunday were all UDs...

So, the moral of that story is I'd better find out what damage I may have done and get on the scale, but not until later this morning as I always weigh lower mid-morning.

I had decided earlier this month not to weigh at all and just allow my clothes to be my barometer, but after these four consecutive UDs, my curiosity is biting me.

We went for a long weekend vaping Convention in Tampa and then yesterday we had cousins from out of town who were just stopping by on the way to another cousin's house nearby. Cheese and crackers and layer dip was the choice for that visit. All that sodium is not my friend so I'll take that into consideration.

I'll also take my rings off, take my cuff bracelet off, and any other thing that may decrease that number........even if it's a fraction of a fraction!!

My normal JUDDD routine has been relatively easy, and I feel relieved to be back on a DD. My menus are simple and satisfying, and my energy level is high although these last 4 days my energy level was high also. I attribute that to the SIRT gene that was still active.

I'll be making a one minute muffin today! Now, my one minute muffin takes 4 minutes in my microwave........maybe the nuker is not as strong as others, and maybe it's the amount of ingredients I use, but I'm happy with the results.

I've been including a whole egg and whey protein in the recipe and using some almond milk, and it is even more satisfying than the original recipe with a calorie count of 230 calories.

I have that about 1-2ish and later about 6-7ish I have a generous dish of either broccoli, zucchini or a large salad with Walden's calorie free dressing.
That puts me at about 450 calories or less for my DD. and so far has worked far better than any of the frozen processed meals I had been eating. I found they left me hungrier.

I still have some in my freezer and will use them up eventually.

Last edited by sazzie; 02-24-2014 at 07:20 AM..
Old 02-24-2014, 05:02 PM   #476

So nice to see you here!!!! Long time no see. Love your avi. So cute and precious Sounds like JUDDD is treating you well. I wish I could say the same of the hcg. Ah, so hard for the brain and the tummy to agree on what to eat, what to do, how to feel Knowing what to do is not so simple any more, I would rather do what I want! That is for sure
Old 02-25-2014, 12:39 PM   #477
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Just got back from my neurologist and b/p was 117/73, rhr was a little high at 75, and oxygen at 97%.

When I last visited my neurologist he noticed a few balance problems after telling him I fell in the shower. He scripted some therapy sessions and I've been going to them.

He authorized a second script so I've been therapizing for a number of weeks. It has ended now, so now I'm supposed to do these routines at home every day, and I just don't feel like doing them......just don't.

I have less resistance going to the gym and lifting weights.

Jorge Cruise has come out with a slow burn technique which is very much like Fred Hahn's or the other slow burn gurus.

This regime is so easy and yet so hard........easy because it's easily understood and quick compared to the conventional modality and hard because it works those muscles with no mercy.

I probably will always be a proponent of slow burn, super slow......whatever, and I'll add that being at or very near your goal is advantageous, especially when starting out.
Old 02-26-2014, 06:17 AM   #478
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oh boy........got up at 3 am this morning, and gobbled down 3 bars.......2 Atkins chocolate hazelnut and a protein chocolate/peanut butter bar.

Don't know what the h*** got into me other than those 3 bars!!!

Not surprised to be 2 lbs heavier this morning.

That has happened before when I've fallen asleep on the sofa and then get up to go to bed......this time I didn't go directly into bed but directly into the pantry instead.......oy!

I blame all of this on dh as he was sleeping soundly and couldn't hear me! Yea, can't take the blame all by my lonesome!
Old 02-26-2014, 06:51 AM   #479
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Joannew
Stats: 149/138.2/128 (5'4.5", 60 yy)
WOE: M/E (mostly)
Start Date: 4/1/14
Hi Gracie...sorry to hear about your "pantry" raid. Put a lock on that door!
and I love the idea to blame it on DH...good call...I may use that excuse in the future!

Thanks for all your support in my JUDDD Journey. I really appreciate it!

Hope you have a great day!
Joannew is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 12:50 PM   #480
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joannew View Post
Hi Gracie...sorry to hear about your "pantry" raid. Put a lock on that door!
and I love the idea to blame it on DH...good call...I may use that excuse in the future!

Thanks for all your support in my JUDDD Journey. I really appreciate it!

Hope you have a great day!
Ah, Joan, so happy to be of some support for you!

We are all on what seems to be a life long journey to find the best way to a healthy body. Looking good doesn't hurt a bit, either.

I'm finding that as I got older, the rules change, and I simply have to adapt to accommodate those changes.

Takes some trial and error, but adding carbs back into my life has been a boom to my psyche and JUDDD has allowed me so much more freedom.

It may be slow, but it is effective and the health benefits certainly outweigh the speed in which the weight drops.