Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-22-2013, 05:30 AM   #421
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sazzie
Stats: Maintaining ±4 lbs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by metqa View Post

Sazzie, Congrats on another Post Up Day Drop!
How is it going on your end, Metqa?
sazzie is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-29-2013, 07:18 AM   #422
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thought I'd better get in here and do some journaling cause I'm in the process of keeping some accurate records, and this journal will help complete the process.
The downward trend on the scale is showing up a lot more.

Since I stopped taking the ptero on my UDs, I'm eating a lot more which seems to agree with my body and yesterdays total was about 2100 calories.
That's a whole lot more than I was eating the first month.

Continuing the ptero on DDs and when I do my weight training on DDs, I feel no adverse reaction.

I've eased my criticism of myself for having too much sodium on any given day......it happens.

I feel I'm in my happy place, and as Cindy (Kissa) always says: Relax; Reduce; Rejoice...probably have the order out of sync, but that's OK.

Even though I'm back into WLM, I'm experiencing that same relaxed feeling I had when I was maintaining all those months! I learned that maintaining weight is an on-going process that must not be treated nilly-willy. What was I thinking when I thought I had it all figured out and that I can eat 7 days a week....whenever; whatever........

When I reach maintenance again, I will resume the 5:2 schedule but this time will adhere to it......for goodness sakes, it couldn't be easier.

The rebel in me was alive and kicking, but a lesson was well learned.........even 'mature' folks like myself need a kick in the arse at times.........I've been kicked!

Gracie's Journal
Old 07-29-2013, 03:47 PM   #423
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Gracie, I must have 'heard' you, cos I chose today to drop I on you. I love that you are back losing comfortably on JUDDD. I too have cut back on the ptero on my UDs.

Aren't we lucky to have this tool? Love my JUDDD BUDDs. X
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 07:21 AM   #424
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Cindy,

I'm so glad you 'heard' me, and came to visit with me.

You look stunning in your avatar, and black & white is always a classic!

Yes, I feel quite fortunate that I found JUDDD, and all the wonderful folks I've met since I've been a member here at LCF.

Seems my average weekly reduction has increased to 1.5 lbs. per week rather than 1 lb. a week. That surprises me as I've continued my weight training with heavy weights and fewer reps. I'm stoked.

I'm aiming to be down to my original window soon, and by October to be down a good bit lower than my original goal.

We're going on a Disney cruise with our family, and want a lot of wiggle room.
Old 08-01-2013, 08:44 AM   #425
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Except for a .2 difference, weight is holding steady today.

We have plans for dinner with friends tomorrow night and it will be a DD.

I have several options to choose from, so am thinking out loud here!

I could have two consecutive UDs; make today a MD; or two consecutive DDs.

The last is not the best, so I'm eliminating the two consecutive DD option.

Two UDs are the next option, but I don't want to stray too far from WLM, so I'm eliminating that also.

So, a MD it is! Think I'll aim between 800-1000 calories.

Although I do enjoy experimenting, right now, I'm in my happy place and would like to avoid anything that would impede my progress, but life is to be lived and enjoyed, so enjoy, I will.
Old 08-03-2013, 06:34 PM   #426
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

My MD went very well on Thursday and I was down on Friday morning.

Instead of eating my normal fare, I used one of my old correction days from HHCG and had yogurt all day with sliced strawberries. Very satisfying and did the trick quite well. Had a little over 800 calories, so the yogurt day is definitely another tool in my diet arsenal.

Today, however, I'm up 2 lbs from last night's dinner......oh, but it was so good.
I haven't had that much pasta in a long while but it was made with the most delicious marinara sauce and had broccoli florets. Along with a Caesar salad, and peach sorbet for dessert, it was a fine dinner.

So, today is my DD again, and I'm very curious as to what the scale will reflect in the morning. I've only had 444 calories today, and I'm feeling just fine, and drinking plenty of water.
Old 08-06-2013, 06:56 AM   #427
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Weight is holding steady this morning.

I think changing my rotations for the dinner I had on Friday night set me back a bit. Even though my weight hasn't gone up, it hasn't gone down either.

I will weigh in a bit later because I'm usually lighter a few hours after waking. Normally, I'm not scale obsessive, but I really want to shed this weight because we have a cruise coming up in October, and I want a few more lbs. off. Only way to do that is to stay on track.

I have been going to the gym on a regular basis, but I'm hesitant to blame it on that. I haven't taken measurements as of late, but usually rely on my clothes as my barometer....
Old 08-06-2013, 11:09 AM   #428

Gallery: metqa
Stats: 147/136/125; 5'1"
WOE: PSMF/hcg Transitioning to HFLC
Start Date: joined LCF 2003: HCG/PSMF 07/2014
Good on ya to stay the course for your goal. October is a good amount of time away. You can do it.
metqa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 11:29 AM   #429
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Took about a tbsp. of MCT oil this morning with a protein shake and as of now, no ill effects.

When I was pouring it into the tbsp, a memory was jogged and I recalled taking it straight without any ill effects also.

Went to the gym and really challenged myself this morning with upper body weights. My triceps are so much weaker than my biceps. Was at the 45 lb. mark with the biceps and only 20 withe the tris.

Of course, the Smith machines are a lot different than the Medx machines. I was able to lift much heavier with the Medx at my previous gym. The verdict is still out about which machine is more effective, but my arms were shaking after I was done, so I know the workout was effective.

I've been searching for the longest time for a senior forum for folks who use Slow Burn/Super Slow as their mode of weight training.
All I could find were folks who lift 5 or 10 lbs. sitting in a chair or in a class coupled with step aerobics. I know there are videos of older women who have trained but I'm looking for an actual forum for folks my age to exchange ideas and whatnot. Most folks here at LCF are much younger than I, which makes me feel a little outdated.

Weight is a little up today but I know I'm holding on to some H20, but am keeping on target otherwise.
Old 08-07-2013, 11:48 AM   #430

Classic. That's Classic, not outdated.

I hope you find a suitable forum. Heck I can't convince anyone IRL to do Slow burn which is why I haven't made any progress, I seem to be a social exerciser, I want validation and companionship when I do. Even a video taped person would be good enough for me, LOL.

Glad you've no ill effects of the mct. It's really not a problem when taken with any sort of food only solo.
Old 08-09-2013, 10:20 AM   #431
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks Metqa for your kind diplomacy!

Even though I haven't found a forum specifically for older women/folks doing weight lifting, I did find a few apps for d/loading on an IPod for S/Burn. I'm not particularly interested in these, but thought you may be.

My workout this morning was tough, and I left there shaking. After my weight routine, I used to go on the treadmill, but got bored so quickly, that I thought I'd switch to the stationery bike.

I was only able to do 3.5-3.8 mph on the treadmill, and so wanted to try a jog at 4.2 or higher, but I knew better because I do have balance issues. So the bike is working for me as of now.....

Oh, took a tbsp of MCT oil on an empty stomach this morning just to see how my body would tolerate it and I was a little 'preoccupied', but soon got over it. I attribute my energy level at the gym to the MCT oil. I just may take another dose later on today along with the pter cause my appetite has been on the upswing as of late.

Thank goodness I only have a few lbs. to go before I'm in my safe window, but today is a DD, and can't afford to go off track at this stage of the game.

I've already lowered my goal, and if my progress continues as it has, I'm not being unreasonable.

Last edited by sazzie; 08-09-2013 at 10:24 AM..
Old 08-10-2013, 06:28 PM   #432

I'm backwards in that I don't have any I-products or Smart-anythings, but thanks for mentioning it. Glad the mCT worked as you liked.
Old 08-14-2013, 09:45 AM   #433
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oh, that's funny that you don't have a 'smart phone or I-anythings.

If it weren't for my son, I wouldn't have one either. Actually I was content with my 'dumb' phone and so for a gift last November, he bought it for me.

I'm definitely tech challenged and it has taken me this long to learn it, and they're are no doubt more features. I don't use apps on it........just too complicated, and I really don't need all that stuff.

What is is good for though, is when we're traveling, I can keep up with my e mail. We don't own laptops, so it is handy in that I don't have to go home to my desktop and try to catch up on my e mails..

Oh I took an extra tbsp of MCT oil yesterday on an empty stomach in the late afternoon with no ill effects.......It's working, but not sure if it a combo of ptero or the MCT Oil. I question not, and accept what is.

The first day I took two tbsps. at once and that was too much too soon, but I have the schedule down for now. I do wait an hour before and after food to take it.

Weight is down again this morning, but boy is it slow........hey, better slow then up and I'm feeling blessed that I'm able to shed this fat at this stage of my life.

Still working out at the gym 4x a week, but yesterday was a rough one. I challenged myself a bit too much, so today is a much needed rest day.
Old 08-14-2013, 11:35 AM   #434

Quote:
What is is good for though, is when we're traveling, I can keep up with my e mail. We don't own laptops, so it is handy in that I don't have to go home to my desktop and try to catch up on my e mails..
Now, THAT'S really cool. my BF was saying that those devices carry their own WIFI type signal from the cell tower.

I'm impressed with you and Dawn who can take MCT on empty. Maybe I need to try to build up to it again. But I don't mind taking it with a shake or kefir since I'm not doing that No-taste thing they are doing.

I'm so lazy, but I did 4 slow pushups yesterday. I've been sore and ill for half a week but my friend is doing a super strength program and embarrassing me. LOL
"You have to understand zat ven a vampire forgoes . . .the b-vord, zere is a process zat ve call transference? Zey force Zemselves to desire somesing else? . . .But your friend chose . . . coffee. And now he has none." "You can find him some coffee, or . . .you can keep a vooden stake and a big knife ready. You vould be doink him a favor, believe me." Monstrous Regiment by Terry Pratchett
IBKKF 898
Old 08-14-2013, 02:21 PM   #435
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good for you! Hey girl, 4 pushups is fantastic......I don't know if I could do them, really!!!

Yea, these do carry their own WIFI......but, sometimes in the car, I won't get a signal, but when I'm at a......say, a bowling alley or a conference......they have their own signal and it automatically connects. Even my Publix grocery store automatically connects.

Some require passwords, and the guy behind the desk simply gives it to you.......all these things I found out and I was like a kid with a new toy.

Yea, I had no problem with the MCT Oil on an empty stomach twice a day and yea, I have no interest in NOT tasting my food, LOL, but I do give credit to those gals who are trying.

I really should post on the MCT thread, but I have a innate problem with posting.......I want to, I really do, but maybe cause I feel stupid sometimes. When you and Dawn come to my journal it's one on one and I feel comfortable because I know you both along with Shirl and Cindy. Although I'm pretty familiar with a lot of the folks on LCF, they really don't know me very well.

Hey, tell me the routine your friend is doing.

Ya know, the old adage of attracting like people to one another......you're attracting people like yourself......curious, intelligent and a healthy thirst for knowledge and your friend is just one of those folks, I imagine. Like-minded folks encourage one another, so ask if you can join him/her or at least give you some pointers to get you going! That just may be your motivation and most folks like to help others especially when it comes to workouts. Remember, imitation is the best form of flattery! Betcha s/he'll jump at the chance.
Old 08-15-2013, 08:26 AM   #436

it's a 30 day ab challenge. you find them all over the web. increase sets each day for 4 days then rest and repeat.
Old 08-19-2013, 05:20 AM   #437
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

My weekend was a good one with yesterday spending the day at dh's cousin's home. We spent a lot of time in the pool! Extremely enjoyable.

Weight is slowly coming down, but it is coming down. I did notice my clothes are fitting less tight, so I hope that means that my workouts are having some good effects on my muscles. Noticing a lot more definition in my arms.

Since I switched up the treadmill to the recumbent bike, my knee and back aren't bothering me as much, actually, not at all.

This came about quite by accident, as my hairdresser who also works out at our gym told me that he was using the r/bike simply because it supported his back. He suggested I try it, and so I did. I tried it for a week, and decided it was much better for me than the treadmill. So, now I get my cardio from the r/bike and no more pain.

I think I'm starting to see more definition in my thighs since starting the r/bike. Could be temporary due to glycogen stores, but something is happening.

I refrained from riding my outdoor bike because in the last year, I've had some balance issues, and that's the last thing I want when riding outside.

So, the treadmill is out of my routine and I feel a lot better!

Who wudda thunk.......I didn't.
Old 08-20-2013, 05:25 PM   #438

r bike is recumbent? I think those things are really cool, not as much pressure on the bottom from the seat. I don't know if I could ride one outside but the stationary ones are pretty neat. My friend has one. trying to see if BF wants to get one. Any suggestions on models, what do you use?

I just got off my rebounder after watching one short episode of Pink Panther! I need to get that back into a routine.

I'm glad you had a good weekend. I did too, attending a baby shower. I made a crochet rug of a lady bug as a gift, it was ooo'd and aaaaaah'd at.
Old 08-21-2013, 11:42 AM   #439
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Weight is up today but it should be after all the butter pecan ice cream I had last night. When that stuff is in the house, I know it won't last, but I'm also prepared for the scale to be up. It was worth every mouthful.

I won't even journal the amount I ate, and I used pretzel rods as my delivery system..

One of our bowling leagues had our annual meeting today and tomorrow will be the other league's meeting. Next week we start in earnest, and I did miss bowling in our summer league, but I needed the time off for other things....

After the meeting, went to the gym and did my weight routine and then the r/bike again. I wish I knew how effective that piece of equipment is a lot sooner than I did. I'm so glad I'm not on the treadmill any longer....that thing was doing me more harm than good. I'm not saying it's a bad device; just not for someone who has osteopenia as myself. Not having pain is the best reason for not getting on one again.

I've been going every day to ride the bike, and every other day I do my weight training.

I'm just wondering if I should give my quads a rest as I do my other muscles when training. I rarely, if ever, get DOMS, so I can't use that as a barometer. My former trainer told me not to worry about not having any soreness, but I don't feel I'm working those muscles unless I feel some soreness. I remember an old bodybuilder from Philly always saying...'no pain, no gain'......old school, I know, but that phrase stuck.

Metqa, the recumbent at the gym is a Life Fitness r/bike.

Your gift of that crocheted lady bug rug sounds wonderful...I LOVE lady bugs!
Old 08-21-2013, 03:28 PM   #440
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

My DD menus are fairly varied, but on some days I have salads with red wine vinegar/evoo. My other favorite is broccoli, generously drizzled with olive oil & pink Himalayan salt.

When I have this particular menu, my AS is very strong.

As a matter of fact, today, I've already had my salad, but I'm not hungry at all, and can skip the broccoli dish, but want to have it for the nutritional value.

The MCT along with the evoo seem to be working in tandem for some serious AS.
Old 08-21-2013, 05:26 PM   #441

Gallery: dawnyama
Stats: 154/119.2/118 5'3.5"
WOE: Rx hcg
Start Date: 6/1/09
I am still following along. Right now doing a round of the Rx hcg. Boy are those shots hard to do. I have my husband giving them to me. I just couldn't on that first day. I am such a wimp but I stood with the needle ready to strike and it hurt. I cannot do quick and fast with myself. I have my DH take my band aids off that way too. He is better with this stuff anyhow because he does all of Amy's insulin stuff. So this is all old hat with him, plus I think he secretly likes to stick me with really long, skinny needles I won't even comment about the ice cream except to say that loading was lots of fun despite not wanting to eat all that food. I cannot wait to get back into my clothing. Here is to the next 40 days or so. Yes, today was my VLCD#1 and I am shooting for a long-ish round.

Gracie--how nice to keep on bowling. I know you love it so and the breaks get your arm to not hurt when you start back up, right? Don't want you having "tennis elbow" and all

metqa--I love ladybugs too. How nice to spend a weekend. I like seeing you around here too
Old 08-22-2013, 10:34 AM   #442
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

So, Dawn, I'll be following you closely this round to see if there is a marked difference between the homeopathic and Rx. How you feel, the fat reduction, the hunger quotient, etc.

So, you're going for the 40 day? I never did a short round. I figured if I were going to do this, the fewer rounds, the better.......it turned out to be 5 of them, and 2 of the 5 being superfluous. Three would have done it! If I hadn't goofed up terribly in the last P4, I may have been OK, but just got so dang tired of CDs, watching all and everything I ate.....you know the drill.

I think it's cute that Nobuo has to give you your injections, and you thinking that he secretly likes the long needles......girl, you made me smile!

I stayed away from Rx simply because of the mixing; I know that's basic for a lot of folks, but even with studying it, I got confused. Barbara tried to explain it to me, but it was futile......

The needles don't bother me at all since I had to administer them to my mom when she was in her last stages of life. God Bless her!
Old 08-22-2013, 10:47 AM   #443
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

After one DD, weight is back down to where it was! If this were Atkins, it would be a good two weeks to correct this.

I don't like saying that Atkins/low carb doesn't work anymore for me, but it doesn't.

I have the utmost respect for the late Dr. Atkins. He brought a lot of us out of our old mindset and introduced a whole new way of thinking to the diet and nutrition world, and for that, I will always hold a special place in my heart for our Dr. Atkins.

Anyway, I digress.

Went to the gym after our meeting this morning and rode the r/bike and I did my personal best. I am truly kerplunked.

I think I'll have to increase my level next week, but I will make sure it's slow and won't push myself too much.

I think my plan will be that the days I weight train, I'll do a shortened bike session, and the days I just do the bike I'll make it a half hour session continuing with HIIT.
Old 08-23-2013, 10:39 AM   #444
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Went for my GP visit this morning, and got the result of my lipid profile.

The last time I had it checked, some of my numbers were a bit out of whack.

He had mentioned in May that he wanted to put me on a statin, and he should have known better than to even suggest that to me since he well knows how I feel about them.
I told him to give me 3 months, and I'll get that LDL down myself. I did just that. I upped my EFAs to 4 a day, 2 am and 2 pm, and *sort of* watched my carbs. Didn't go overboard on them, but didn't avoid them either.

He had a big grin on his face when he was reading his notes. He said 'whatever you're doing, just keep doing it'.....he said those very same words to me years ago when the same situation presented itself.

EFAs to the rescue once again!!!
Guess that tells me that I shouldn't waiver with my program. I get lax like most folks do from time to time, and I know better, but the human condition does rear its head.

The last visit with him, I hadn't told him about my WOE.
He was surprisingly pleased to hear that I was fasting EOD with 500 calorie max, and told me that it wasn't mainstream in the medical community as of yet, but the research is definitely pointing in that direction.
Old 08-23-2013, 12:08 PM   #445

Great news from the doctor's visit! I haven't had a panel in years. It was really good back when I was lowcarbing, it's probably awful now. I'm way overweight and need to get back down to my range.

I think I'm gonna have to JUDDD and work my way back with Low Carb after a while. I've been so terribly busy with social events and work and housework, and while I'd love to go back to a reasonable diet ASAP, I'm going to a weeklong convention where food is all restaurant style Mall stores. Last year I took scotch eggs, nuts, jerky and stuff, but I'm gonna be working right up till I leave so I won't have time to cook, besides lugging wet greasy eggs and meat around wasn't my idea of fun or convenience. So I'll be JUDDDing after I get back , in preparation for either a low carb reduction diet, or I might go for an HCG Rx Round since i've got it and the supplies to do so. But I need some quick weight loss soon, as I jumped up really quickly lately and it's making me tired. Plus I miss my favorite recipes.

Dawn, I use insulin needles, do you use the intramuscular? I don't know if I could do those myself. I do use the long ones for Depo, but it so easy to do it wrong and end up with a bruise. I'd have BF do it but he jokes around too much and I no longer trust him not to joke with a needle pointed at my rear!

the insulin short ones are so easy and almost painless. It's hard to do them wrong.
Old 08-23-2013, 06:08 PM   #446

I do my shots into my belly. So definitely not intramuscularly LOL. I wonder if I have the intramuscular ones? Whatever *I* am doing must be right, though. I sound like Gracie now don't I? Haha. I have lost 4 lbs in 2 days and don't feel hungry, at all. I went all day today with no food til 4:30. Didn't plan to be that way, we got stuck at a car dealership all day long and then I had to work my crossing guard job afterwards---absolutely no time to eat til I got done with that. I am not hungry, so nothing's wrong right??? Please tell me. I am not even sure if I mixed it right. LOL.
dawnyama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 07:45 PM   #447

Oh, you are fine! I got extra short needles, so by comparison, others look extra long. If you aren't hungry then you are in a sweet sweet spot. I hope I am like that whenever I do my round.
Old 08-24-2013, 06:46 AM   #448

metqa--you should do a round. I have lost 5.2 lbs so far and not even done with week #1. I think I have yet to do a day POP (perfectly on plan) too. Geesh! Nobuo working from home is not the best for my diet. And it doesn't help that I started this round at least 15 lbs over what I normally start a round. So being in the 140's is rare. I believe my body is ready to shed the pounds as much as I am.
Old 08-24-2013, 08:29 AM   #449
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Spending the weekend over at son's house babysitting.
Diet is already down the tubes, but hey, such is life!

Son & dh are going to the Eagles game tonight in Jax, so won't be home until tomorrow.

I'm really happy for you Dawn; looks like this round really took off well for you!

Metqa, with all the social stuff coming your way, it's hard to plan any kind of diet! It'll happen soon enough!

I'm going to sign off cause I'm on my iPhone, and these lil keys are getting on my own last nerve!
Old 08-24-2013, 08:36 AM   #450

How fun Gracie!!! Babysitting the grandkids. And how fun to go to a football game. I have never been but after watching so many of them on the tv, I think I would really enjoy going to one someday.

Another day, another day everyone will be going out to eat. This is crazy. We have no occasions to eat out for, everyone is back in school. So all this eating out is not usual for us. I will just have to play it by ear, depending on where everyone wants to go. We are going to visit Nobuo's aunt, so who knows where we will end up. Could be fast food burgers or a sit down at Ruby Tuesday's. Ugh!! I just want to eat my protocol food and lose weight. Is that so hard to ask????? One day where I can eat with no deviations, troubles, too much thinking. That would be nice.