Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-02-2013, 11:43 AM   #391
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sazzie
Stats: Maintaining ±4 lbs.
Ah, to be sure, Metqa, that if we succeed in helping our bodies become (or stay) healthy with supplements & wise food choices, then that's the ticket.

There are times when I feel overwhelmed with the supps I take, but in the last few months, I've gotten a pretty good handle on it.
I take quite a few, and have wondered if I really need them all, and the answer is always 'yes'.

I always have had a weakness for peanut butter. I don't care for those organic ones that need to be stirred.

When we were at the Philly bike race last month, dh bought 'Crunch Time' made by Peanut Butter & Co. No HFCS, no GMO and organic and no stirring. Now, I can have my peanut butter without fretting.

Gracie's Journal
sazzie is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-02-2013, 11:51 AM   #392
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: metqa
Stats: 147/136/125; 5'1"
WOE: PSMF/hcg Transitioning to HFLC
Start Date: joined LCF 2003: HCG/PSMF 07/2014
Sounds Great! I always have hard caked peanut butter bricks at the bottom so I'm not keen on no stir kind either.

Now I want Peanut butter!
metqa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 03:22 PM   #393
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Went to the gym today and for some reason I am dog tired. Did my weight training along with 2 miles on the treadmill.

Would much rather walk outside, but not in this heat.

Today is another DD and I feel surprisingly bloated. Didn't overeat at all yesterday, so I can hazard a guess as to why. Heat, fatigue, and not enough water consumption.

I've finished my day's calories at 555 calories. It would have been a lot less but I love to drizzle olive oil on my broccoli then sprinkle with Himalayan salt.
Oh, how I love that Pompeian olive oil.......not another oil compares to it.

I had to have a protein drink after the gym, and didn't feel like making my own, so grabbed a Protein Power vanilla shake and that was worth the 110 calories for the 23 grams of protein.

Anyway, I'm going to chill for the rest of the day, and hopefully won't fall asleep into a nap cause then I'll be up all night.

Oh, meant to add that after I had my afternoon snack, I was looking for something else to eat.......and, here, I'd forgotten to take my Ptero, so immediately took one, and in 10 or so minutes, my appetite was gone, totally gone.

Hurray for small miracles!
Old 07-06-2013, 04:23 PM   #394

Quote:
I'd forgotten to take my Ptero, so immediately took one, and in 10 or so minutes, my appetite was gone, totally gone.
That's really cool! Happy Saturday!
Old 07-08-2013, 04:55 PM   #395
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yesterday was supposed to be an UD, and I just couldn't handle having any more than 800 calories, so it turned into a MD.
Today I'm in the same situation, and don't have any hunger whatsoever, and I don't know how that's going to affect my rotations. I'm only at 935 calories, and I don't want to sit and eat my natural peanut butter for the rest of the night.

I think the Ptero is doing it's job in spades, so I'm going to have to stop taking it on my UDs and see if that's the problem.

I am going to gym 4x a week, and my muscles may be playing a big part in all of this, but still...........I wanna be lighter.......

Even with two DDs in a row, I gained a lb. I know it's not fat, but I still like seeing the lower numbers on the scale. Does my body think I'm starving it?

I'm going to have a nice meditative talk with my body in my quiet time a bit later....
Old 07-08-2013, 07:57 PM   #396

My weigh jumped up too, I 'm kinda upset, but then I had tummy troubles so I'm gonna blame that.
Old 07-09-2013, 12:48 PM   #397

Gallery: dawnyama
Stats: 154/119.2/118 5'3.5"
WOE: Rx hcg
Start Date: 6/1/09
Well, I am joining you on the JUDDD. I just don't have any other ideas on what to do now. Eating everything I want just isn't cutting it! So now I am doing EOD rotations. So far, so good. I am on a DD today. Hamburgers, with NO buns, for dinner!! WooHoo!! Yum!! What a bummer you are up a pound. That is not how this is supposed to work. But it will come off, no worries. I would love some of that "I cannot eat" feeling. I want to eat everything. And I am doing the ptero too. What kind/how much are you taking? I just hate that nothing seems to be working these days.
Old 07-09-2013, 02:51 PM   #398
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Dawn,
Good for you in making a decision.

I'm taking 150 mg of the ptero, but didn't take any today because it's an up day.

Really felt the difference, too! I'll easily make 1500+ calories today!

Another good thing is that I'm about 54 grams of carbs and still in ketosis. Now, while that's not unusual for me, having pasta would usually take me right out of it. Yay for Dreamfields!
I had one Arnold thin for lunch with egg salad!

Will get the remaining calories from some almonds and maybe a tbsp. of natural peanut butter.

Tomorrow, will resume the ptero!
Old 07-09-2013, 03:53 PM   #399

That is great you get the full feeling from the ptero. I don't feel anything. I take 100 in the morning and nothing. I also tried the 150 in the AM. Nothing once again. I just guess it doesn't work for me. What a bummer too. I just need something to make me not want to eat. And I have not found it yet. Oh well. I will just keep on keeping on. I have not yet started with the DE yet. But have pulled it out of the cabinet. Anyone taking the potato starch??!! Oh my! What my LCFs have me eating/drinking/taking these days LOL.
dawnyama is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 06:24 PM   #400
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I really don't get a full feeling taking ptero. I just don't feel hungry.
I feel light and a lot more energetic on an empty stomach which is why I really enjoy the DDs.

A couple of weeks ago, I was struggling with too much hunger, so I took an extra ptero. It worked.

You may want to try taking 150 of the Drs.brand first thing in the morning and then a second one a few hours later.

Hopefully, that will work and just may impact your energy level too!
Old 07-09-2013, 06:53 PM   #401
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: shirlc
Stats: 144/128.5/130-5'5"
WOE: Low/Mod Carb, JUDDD (JUDDD, 10/25/11 at 141.5)
Start Date: March, 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by sazzie View Post
I really don't get a full feeling taking ptero. I just don't feel hungry.
I feel light and a lot more energetic on an empty stomach which is why I really enjoy the DDs.

A couple of weeks ago, I was struggling with too much hunger, so I took an extra ptero. It worked.

You may want to try taking 150 of the Drs.brand first thing in the morning and then a second one a few hours later.

Hopefully, that will work and just may impact your energy level too!
What is this "ptero"? Is it pterostilbene??? Thanks!
shirlc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 07:41 PM   #402

Funny thing, you would think if I just stopped eating bread and sweets the weight would drop, but it doesn't. I'm like, I won't eat that, but I'm not changing. Seems I might have to be extreme to get things jumpstarted.

the Ptero sounds great. I don't like feeling hungry. lately, the fat doesn't make me feel satisfied. That's strange.

Dawn, Good on you to start back JUDDD. Do you have a goal point or just starting and see where it takes you?
Old 07-10-2013, 04:16 AM   #403
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shirlc View Post
What is this "ptero"? Is it pterostilbene??? Thanks!
It's good seeing you again!

Yes, 'ptero' is pterostilbene.
Old 07-10-2013, 04:40 AM   #404
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Metqa

I'm hearing you about being so watchful of what we ingest and yet what worked yesteryear falls short for us now!

Did we fall into the yo-yo class and as our bodies got older, they rebelled and said....if you won't take care of me, I will?

I have always eaten relatively well with bouts of not so healthy times.

This last bout lasted several months, and now I'm coaxing my body to go back into WLM. I figure that if I stay with it long enough, it will respond.....OK, she means business, I'll cooperate.

I have to keep this mindset in order not to give up, and with JUDDD, it becomes a lot more tolerable.
Old 07-10-2013, 06:09 AM   #405

Quote:
Originally Posted by metqa View Post
Funny thing, you would think if I just stopped eating bread and sweets the weight would drop, but it doesn't. I'm like, I won't eat that, but I'm not changing. Seems I might have to be extreme to get things jumpstarted.

the Ptero sounds great. I don't like feeling hungry. lately, the fat doesn't make me feel satisfied. That's strange.

Dawn, Good on you to start back JUDDD. Do you have a goal point or just starting and see where it takes you?
That is what my DH is insisting. If I would just cut out my sugar, I would lose weight. He tells me that all the time. But I did it before and not only cut out chocolate but the coffee too. 6 months later---not an oz down. Nothing like doing all that work (it was difficult, very difficult) and nothing to show for it Just cutting those out doesn't effect my weight either.

For now with the JUDDD, I don't mind if I don't lose. But 10 lbs in 2 weeks would be phenomenal!! I really just need to get a grip on my eating. If restricting EOD gets me my control back then that is worth it! I have my birthday and anniversary next week (birthday is the 16th and the 19th we will have been married for 19 years) and enjoy those. I don't want to feel guilt for eating cake. And regular cake. I want enjoy this year! I want to visit Japan and not gain. So I will do my best to keep up the rotations while in Okinawa. Not sure how that will go, you know Japan. The land of rice and noodles!!! I will be going on hcg when I get back. I just got in some Rx and cannot wait to use it!

pandora is one who has used the hcg to get to goal and is using the 5:2 plan to maintain. That is a better WOE because you restrict only 2 days She is exercising and not gaining, which has been an issue in every round she had done previously. She is enjoying her food and is loving life right now. I want to be like that I cannot wait to start on hcg again to get all this weight off. The beginning of the summer I bought some bigger shorts because I outgrew all my newer ones. I fear I have outgrown the bigger shorts now because I have gained. My first goal is to fit in the shorts I just bought (and never wore) when I leave for Okinawa on the 23rd. 5 lbs should do it. I don't want to buy an even bigger pair of shorts for my trip. That is just defeating and discouraging me right now but knowing I have a plan of action is helping me feel hopeful.

Thanks for the ideas on the ptero. I will take more and see what happens, hoping for that "not hungry" feeling. I have had headaches since I have started back to JUDDD. Not sure why. But it is unsettling. I know they will go away. Just have to wait it out.
Old 07-10-2013, 07:41 AM   #406
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
It's good seeing you again!
Good to see you again, too, Sazzie!!!
Old 07-10-2013, 05:49 PM   #407

And you know WHAT!? I was fitter and healthier while living in japan and eating those rice and noodles...

( but also riding my bike everyday to work, and shop and everything else. LOL)

I gained weight when I came back to the states, Go Figure!!!

I hear you on not wanting to buy bigger clothes. It feels like defeat. I think you can do it!

Sazzie, I think you are right about the Yo-Yo Era. I feel I'm getting into that territory lately.
Quote:
I have always eaten relatively well with bouts of not so healthy times.
is how I'd describe myself. I got tired of being the weird eater, and just tried to fit in, but it got me nowhere but fatter. and when Folks say "just cut out xyz" I was like, "well, I wasn't eating/drinking those things in the first place, till you pressured me to be normal, now when I cut them out, I don't lose the weight I gained trying to be "normal" like you!" I should have just stayed weird. Hahaha.

I'm hesitating to use the HCG cause it's so restrictive, but it's so effective. Maybe I'll do the round after the convention cause the convention will be at hotels with the only food available being restaurants, not good to start P3 with, right?

Sazzie, yesterday I was hungry after dinner, but today, I ate the same meal for lunch and I'm not hungry for dinner, so maybe I'm slowing moving into WLM. My scale says differently, but It's how I feel during the day that makes the most influence on my decisions. ( I also used a lot more cayenne, black pepper, and turmeric on my food for lunch than I did for yesterdays dinner, that might have made the difference)
"You have to understand zat ven a vampire forgoes . . .the b-vord, zere is a process zat ve call transference? Zey force Zemselves to desire somesing else? . . .But your friend chose . . . coffee. And now he has none." "You can find him some coffee, or . . .you can keep a vooden stake and a big knife ready. You vould be doink him a favor, believe me." Monstrous Regiment by Terry Pratchett
IBKKF 898
Old 07-11-2013, 05:31 AM   #408
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
And you know WHAT!? I was fitter and healthier while living in japan and eating those rice and noodles...

I was about to post almost the same words!!!!......we lived in Okinawa and Japan for over a year, and I was eating the rice and noodles, and never gained a lb. Of course that was many years ago, but still, I remember the overall feeling of well-being. I ate everything, including those desserts you'd see in the restaurant display windows.

I gained weight when I came back to the states, Go Figure!!!

Exactly!!!! I too, although it was gradual......thinking I could continue with the same type of eating I consumed in Japan!

I hear you on not wanting to buy bigger clothes. It feels like defeat. I think you can do it! Yes, Dawn, I agree!

I got tired of being the weird eater, and just tried to fit in, but it got me nowhere but fatter. and when Folks say "just cut out xyz" I was like, "well, I wasn't eating/drinking those things in the first place, till you pressured me to be normal, now when I cut them out, I don't lose the weight I gained trying to be "normal" like you!" I should have just stayed weird. Hahaha.OMGoodness, Metqa, words that could have come from my mouth!!!!

I'm hesitating to use the HCG cause it's so restrictive, but it's so effective. Maybe I'll do the round after the convention cause the convention will be at hotels with the only food available being restaurants, not good to start P3 with, right?
My thoughts were headed in that direction, also, but after doing 5 rounds, and in looking back over my records, I gained more after those rounds were done. It didn't stay off, even with my good eating in P4 and over the long haul, I was heavier. I had to watch myself with more diligence than ever before.

Sazzie, yesterday I was hungry after dinner, but today, I ate the same meal for lunch and I'm not hungry for dinner, so maybe I'm slowing moving into WLM. My scale says differently, but It's how I feel during the day that makes the most influence on my decisions. ( I also used a lot more cayenne, black pepper, and turmeric on my food for lunch than I did for yesterdays dinner, that might have made the difference)
It sure could have, Metqa, and when we find out what works best (this time) then we can forge on!

Last edited by sazzie; 07-11-2013 at 05:33 AM..
Old 07-11-2013, 09:51 AM   #409

I wish I could have continued the same type of eating/exercise from japan, but Some of it I think was the food choices and the fact that I passed food stores on the way home so I didn't have to go to restaurants for dinner unless I wanted. Plus my activity level was different. I still did the same morning aerobics the same frequency, but I didn't bike to work and shopping each day, it's too dangerous to ride around here, cyclists get hit by trucks/cars all the time and the law forces cyclist to ride in the street with the cars instead of safely on the sidewalk. Also, I developed some sort of exercise induced asthma that the doctors didn't take seriously, so I quit exercising out of fear of passing out each time. All that together was my initial weight gain upon returning to the states. But it was gradual for me too. I already knew about low carb so I tried to keep up with that and that forestalled a lot of potential weight gain, I'm certain of it.

About the HCG. I noticed, speaking for me only, that I could maintain the weight loss, but it was my very conscious decision to eat other foods and ignore my normal diet that caused the gain, and it may have been the rebound effect of HCG that caused me to gain more, or it could have been me not paying attention to the scale. either way, If I hadn't postponed being responsible, I wouldn't have gotten as high, cause I could've gone back to JUDDD or low carb, but I just ignored my body. Sigh!

And the funny part is, I started HCG as a vanity/curiosity experiment,and now I'll be using it for actual meaningful change. It's the lifestyle choices I make afterward that worries me.
Old 07-15-2013, 12:39 PM   #410
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
About the HCG. I noticed, speaking for me only, that I could maintain the weight loss, but it was my very conscious decision to eat other foods and ignore my normal diet that caused the gain, and it may have been the rebound effect of HCG that caused me to gain more, or it could have been me not paying attention to the scale. either way, If I hadn't postponed being responsible, I wouldn't have gotten as high, cause I could've gone back to JUDDD or low carb, but I just ignored my body. Sigh!

And the funny part is, I started HCG as a vanity/curiosity experiment,and now I'll be using it for actual meaningful change. It's the lifestyle choices I make afterward that worries me.
It could have been either one or maybe a combination, Metqa; who knows. We come to a conclusion about something only to realize we've changed either by age, life circumstances or whatever, and find that those conclusions don't work any more. So, then it's off to learning new techniques......that can be tiresome or exciting depending on the mood....at least that's been my experience.

I've never known you to eat poorly. So I can't imagine you making poor choices.......not counting those times we allow ourselves some leeway.......cause we certainly need those!

I re-started JUDDD on the 22nd of June, and for the most part, I maintained, gained, maintained......you know the story........well, I think I've finally hit WLM in earnest.

I'm feeling that high energy again when I first started JUDDD two years ago, so I imagine that sirtuin enzymes are active again.

I've also, quite by accident, increased my UD calories. We were out to dinner on our weekly get-together with friends, and I couldn't help but have some of that bread dipped in olive oil Had some pasta with broccoli rabe and sausage with it ......OY was that good!

I had intended to order some type of protein with a tossed salad, but when I saw that pasta combo on the menu, it was a no-go.

I was down a lb the next day! Surprise! And have maintained that but this morning, I was down again after having tacos and some ice cream made with coconut milk last night at our son's home. It could very well be that my body wanted more in the way of calories and carbs......I'll gladly accommodate!!

That's the second time I've released weight after an UD, but that can and most probably will change.......

So, even though I'm not very low carb, I'm still conscious of them, but not as strict as I was when I started two weeks ago.

Time will tell!
Old 07-15-2013, 03:03 PM   #411

Good going Gracie!!! Glad to hear you are enjoying yourself and staying sane. That is what it is all about. Dinner sounds yummy!! Love it when you can indulge and lose the following day.
Old 07-15-2013, 09:12 PM   #412

Quote:
We come to a conclusion about something only to realize we've changed either by age, life circumstances or whatever, and find that those conclusions don't work any more. So, then it's off to learning new techniques......that can be tiresome or exciting depending on the mood....
That...
is the coolest thing....
I've heard, today!

I think I've got to print that off and put it on my wall. I think it could explain why I feel so off with myself as I grow older. I'm still trying to operate on old conclusions that don't work anymore for whatever reason. I have been making myself feel bad for not 'staying the course' with some things in my life when I should realize that maybe changing my mind, or perhaps a different approach, is not a bad thing.

Thank you for that.

Now I'm gonna go back and read the rest of your post!
Old 07-16-2013, 07:14 AM   #413
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Glad something I said is of value to you.....very glad.

It is a result of all the questions I posed to myself.....

1. Why doesn't low carb on a daily basis work for me anymore.

2. Why did my body react negatively after HHCG?

3. Why does my body not respond to eating healthy foods on a daily basis, rather than every other day?

4. Why does my body react negatively to very high fat?

5. And, the most intriguing question to myself was...if all of the above didn't work, why doesn't low fat not work either?

In my experiments in these last few months, I did try low fat, and I found it to be unnatural for me.

My conclusion was very simple and it was staring me in the face!

Too many calories!

The ironic thing about all of this is........I KNEW this, but seem to have forgotten it along the way.......

Since I have a portion control issue, I knew I had to curb my appetite in one way of the other, so I could either continue very l/c and feel deprived, or I could just go back to JUDDD and have my appetite controlled naturally.

I will say that low carb was my go-to method each time I needed to lose 10 or so lbs. but that was in the past.......being the age I am, I had to re-think my whole eating pattern.
Old 07-16-2013, 11:06 AM   #414
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
In my experiments in these last few months, I did try low fat, and I found it to be unnatural for me.

My conclusion was very simple and it was staring me in the face!

Too many calories!

The ironic thing about all of this is........I KNEW this, but seem to have forgotten it along the way.......

Since I have a portion control issue, I knew I had to curb my appetite in one way of the other, so I could either continue very l/c and feel deprived, or I could just go back to JUDDD and have my appetite controlled naturally.
This is so true for me, also...it's all about the CALORIES!!! But I want food that tastes good, too!
Old 07-16-2013, 03:34 PM   #415
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shirlc View Post
This is so true for me, also...it's all about the CALORIES!!! But I want food that tastes good, too!
Right Shirl.......as long as I can have food that tastes good and leaves me feeling satisfied and promotes fat loss, I'm happy!

Yes, I have to cut calories but something I'm really trying to understand is if the calories need to be cut as we age, why doesn't the appetite decrease as we age?

Mine is still as alive and well as it can be!
Old 07-16-2013, 06:04 PM   #416
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Right Shirl.......as long as I can have food that tastes good and leaves me feeling satisfied and promotes fat loss, I'm happy!

Yes, I have to cut calories but something I'm really trying to understand is if the calories need to be cut as we age, why doesn't the appetite decrease as we age?

Mine is still as alive and well as it can be!
Definitely not fair!
Old 07-21-2013, 11:47 AM   #417
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

It's happening; and after an up day!

Oh, my age is a big factor here as I averaged 1 lb a week since I started on 22 June. I'm not really complaining, or am I?

What I am finding is that my appetite has dwindled a lot, so I've stopped taking the ptero on UDs. Even then, I'm not eating as much, and I've stopped being concerned about whether I hit my quota of calories for the day.

I eat if I'm hungry, and if not, I don't force myself.

There's another side to this, and I'll keep tabs on it, and that is if I continue to eat lower calories, I may be opening a window that I don't want open.

I've stopped eating natural peanut butter to bring the calories to the UD limit and it was easier than I thought. That's not to say I won't have it again, just that I won't use it as filler.

This is the 3rd time this month the scale was down after an UD, so I'm hoping I'm not bucking the trend........
Old 07-21-2013, 03:36 PM   #418

Congrats Gracie!!!

Just letting you know that I leave for Japan in 2 days. I won't be online from now til I get back. So have a great time while I am gone and I will see you in August!!
Old 07-21-2013, 10:08 PM   #419

Oh, I missed saying "Sayonara" to Dawn! I hope she has fun on her trip.

Sazzie, Congrats on another Post Up Day Drop!
Old 07-22-2013, 05:28 AM   #420
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawnyama View Post
Congrats Gracie!!!

Just letting you know that I leave for Japan in 2 days. I won't be online from now til I get back. So have a great time while I am gone and I will see you in August!!
O, so happy for you Dawn! I can't wait to hear about your trip!

I hope you see this before you leave tomorrow!

Sayonara; tanoshimu!!!