Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-31-2012, 05:30 PM   #331
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sazzie
Stats: Maintaining ±4 lbs.
WOE: JUDDD
Geez, right after I posted, my friend e mailed me and they just got clearance to go into town tomorrow.

She hoping she won't get too upset, and I'll be sitting on pins and needles till I hear from her.
sazzie is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 11-01-2012, 04:46 PM   #332
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: dawnyama
Stats: 154/119.2/118 5'3.5"
WOE: Rx hcg
Start Date: 6/1/09
The vibe I am getting from there is thank God the people are OK!!! You can rebuild homes or relocate, but you cannot do that if you are not around. Be thankful to be alive!!! Yes, you can have lost things but people are what counts. I heard through my mom that my SIL lost power but they have a generator for the important things. And they are in the western part of NJ--in the mountains!!!! And her mom is without power too. But they are OK!!! Thank goodness for that. I am sorry that your childhood hometown has been effected. So sad to see all that loss. Storms can be heartbreaking. Hoping your friend will be OK when she sees the devastation.
Old 11-08-2012, 11:21 AM   #333
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

It's really something else how the time goes by so quickly and all of a sudden a new month is here.

I'm on a DD today, and made a wonderful concoction of chicken broth with a can of well rinsed asparagus and Konjac shiritake noodles. (peperoni). It's the first time trying this shape and I love them.

Have a 3 qt saucepan filled with it, and will be eating that throughout the day.
I had a protein shake earlier when I got home from the gym. Added some PB2 chocolate to it and it was really good.

Ya know, I'm one of the very very few folks I know that didn't like avocado. Dh and I tried so many times to like them, and we just couldn't, so we stopped trying. Then recently, we were babysitting for our son, and my dil had one for my grandson and he loves them. BTW, she doesn't like them either.
Anyway, I was feeding it to my grandbaby, and I took a bite, and lo and behold........it was delicious! I can't explain what happened, but it did.
They were the Florida avocados, not the Haas, so maybe that's the difference.

This weekend we're going to help a gardening friend clean up his natural habitat garden as the city folks up there in Jax are threatening to come in and weed wack everything down. Seems all they want is chemical weed killer, and a manicured lawn.
He literally has hundreds of hybrids that took years to develop!

I'm sure happy that they can't touch my lanai because it is natural also.
The perimeter of the house however, meets all of our city's ordinances.

This guy is a real winner but unfortunately he's become ill and all of the nearby DGers(Dave's Garden) are coming together to help him.

It's so cold and brisk here and quite welcome. I sure am keeping the folks up North in my good thoughts! They have had quite enough!!!

Gracie's Journal
Old 11-08-2012, 04:27 PM   #334

Ah, yes Gracie. Where has the time gone? I need to start to JUDDD. I am in P4 and need to do something to keep the weight OFF! I have been eating what I want this week and not weighing. Not really good IMHO. I have to DO something before I need another round to re-lose weight yet again. Ugh!! My last day at Chick Fil A is tomorrow. I handed in my 2 week notice 2 weeks ago and my last day was scheduled Weds. I have been asked to come in today and tomorrow. So now I am extending my week. Which is good because we can still use the money. I plan on being home to clean up my house and hopefully get everyone on track with being healthy. That is the goal!!! Wish me luck because it will take a long, long time to clean up this place. 8 years and 4 kids.........ugh!!! Cannot wait to get started.

How nice of you to help out a fellow neighbor with his garden. Have fun!! Should be nice weather here so I am sure you will have the nice weather too. I have seen my SIL post on fb that they were without power during Sandy and expecting snow with the newest storm so I completely agree that those up north have had enough already. We need some rain down here, so I don't mind if they send us some desperately needed precip!
dawnyama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 03:36 PM   #335
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

The day after I posted, I received a call that my brother was taken to the hospital and the docs said that his organs had started to shut down and he probably wouldn't last 3-4 hours.

I knew part of the problem or at least I thought I did......his defibrillator was working well, and he did not have a stroke. My brother kept a lot from me because we live so far from one another and he always stayed in protective mode......he was 81, I'm 72. Still fighting the kids on the block for my honor...........

Now, the really sad thing is that my brother ate a pristine healthy diet, never smoked and worked at the gym 3-4x a week with his wife, He was a true athlete and I'm starting to feel anger well up in me because he should have made it well into his 90s. His mind was acute! I guess I'm supposed to feel anger for the grieving process, but I'd rather not feel angry towards the only sibling I've ever had. It's a process I will have to take baby steps with, so I'll deal with them as they arise.

Anyway he is gone now, and I'm real strong one hour and the next hour I'm like a babbling idiot. I don't know if I'm bawling for him or for myself........probably for both of us!

I am so so thankful that we did have a very long and meaningful last phone call. Neither of us truly knew, but we are both realistic and being a woman with intuition, I had a feeling of unrest along with a feeling of cleansing after that call.... seems a bit of a paradox, but those feelings did co-exist.

He was the Asst. Dean at New Paltz University and a published historian. He had retired for about a year and then was asked to come back to act as Asst. Dean and worked for another 5 years!

It's mighty ironic but my brother never wanted to let anyone know of his accomplishments; just his colleagues, close family and a few choice friends and of course those special students who he tutored at his home.
They were his accomplishments and they were not to be expounded upon. A very private person he was, indeed.

But, now, since he is gone, I will shout my pride and love I have for this man, my brother who was my protector in my younger years and even through the last weeks of his life here on Earth.

I know how his mind worked, and he'd tell me 'to go and do what makes you feel good, Sis'.

His privacy can no longer be invaded.

So, it's all good, Dick and I will forever carry you in my heart! Ti Amo!!

My brother, the Scholar. My brother and his Beloved Ocean.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg My brother, The Scholar .jpg (41.4 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg My brother and his Beloved Ocean.jpg (30.9 KB, 4 views)
Old 11-14-2012, 02:36 PM   #336

Gallery: metqa
Stats: 147/137.7/125; 5'1"
WOE: HCG Transitioning to HFLC
Start Date: joined LCF 2003: HCG 07/2014
Hey Gracie.
Sorry about your brother passing. He sounds like a great sibling. Humble and Handsome from his pictures.
metqa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 05:00 AM   #337
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thank you, Metqa!

This has not been a kind week for us. On Tuesday we had to put our princess 'Shaka' down.
She gave us 14 years of joy, and we are missing her deeply.

I attempted to make this picture smaller to make it as my new avatar with no success. Don't feel the energy right now to keep trying.

[IMG][/IMG]

Last edited by sazzie; 11-15-2012 at 05:02 AM..
Old 11-15-2012, 05:27 AM   #338

Gracie--so sorry to hear of your brother. I saw the pics you posted on fb too. What a handsome fella he was. I had the same kind of conversation with my brother before he died. I never expected him to leave us so soon and in the way he did, but that one last conversation was the best one we had in a long, long time and it keeps me going. Usually we are too hurried to sit down and really talk, so that one was precious to me. And so long ago LOL. You will remember yours forever too, no doubt.

Sorry to hear about your dog too. What a beauty of a pic you have there. She looks like she likes your garden as much as you do!

Hope this week gets better by the day.
Old 11-15-2012, 10:51 AM   #339

I remember seeing Shaka's picture before. Thanks for posting it again.

Here's a big hug for you
Old 11-16-2012, 06:59 AM   #340
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Metqa, thanks for the hugs! Very appreciated right now!

Dawn, I'm glad you had the opportunity to talk with your brother, too. Yes, that conversation with my brother was precious and I will keep that in my heart forever. It's making my grieving a lot more tolerable.

I'm not an emotional eater, but yet I've put on a few unwanted lbs this past week. It's sort of been a 'grab n go' type of eating so now that things have calmed down just a tad, I've got to get my act together and get back to the stove!

Don't want to add another dimension of stress to my life by getting out of my weight window. Usually, when I'm stressed, I lose my appetite completely.

My weight seems trivial by comparison to this last week's events, and actually it is, but I must keep myself from getting into a funk by directing my attention elsewhere.

The house is getting a thorough cleaning today. Dh is moving furniture and giving the rugs a thorough vacuuming and rearranging the living room so it has a new perspective.
Old 11-21-2012, 07:15 AM   #341
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Don't even remember a Thanksgiving not spent at home, DS and dil will be hosting this year, and I'm very happy about that.

At least we get to make some contribution to the table! DS requested my lasagna and of course, I didn't refuse. Making rice pudding also......

It actually feels freeing in a way, so I intend to enjoy it!

My eldest daughter and sil will be coming in to stay for a few days, so I'm a happy mama!

My youngest daughter is in Md, and it is simply not in the cards for her to be here........it's OK, simply because it 'is'. When we talk on the phone, we both hold back tears because we miss each other so badly, but that's the way it is!

She will be having dinner with my niece's family, so at least part of us will be with her.

Wishing everyone who reads my journal a wonderful and Blessed Thanksgiving!

Ciao~~
Old 11-21-2012, 08:31 AM   #342

Happy Thanksgiving to you too!!!
Old 11-21-2012, 09:23 AM   #343
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Want to add to request some prayers for Barbara who was admitted to the hospital yesterday.

Her liver enzymes were elevated, and she's been experiencing intermittent pain for the last couple of months.

She has developed jaundice and unfortunately probably has to spend Thanksgiving in the hospital.

Will keep you all updated.
Old 11-21-2012, 09:56 AM   #344

Oh, no Sazzie. That is awful. I will definitely be thinking of her and sending hugs her way. The hospital is no place to spend the holidays. I hope she gets out soon. My son had jaundice with elevated liver enzymes last summer. He had mono. It was the worst thing ever to see your child just go yellow before your very eyes. Very scary!! I hope they find out what is wrong quickly so it can be resolved quickly as well.
Old 11-27-2012, 06:14 AM   #345

Oh my goodness, I'm so behind in the news! I'm sending healing thought to Barbara! Thanks for letting us know.
Old 11-27-2012, 08:28 AM   #346
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: lindaokc
Stats: 196/170/140?
WOE: atkins/hcg/learning
Start Date: Feb, 07
Oh Gracie, I am so sorry to hear about your brother. I know how devastating it can be when a sibling passes. A big part of your heart goes with them.

I'm also sorry to hear about your dog passing. They are such a big part of our lives. I'm glad you got the picture to fit as your avatar, although it was nice to see your beautiful face before.

How is Barbara doing? Have you heard anymore from her? Hoping she's home by now and recovering from whatever it was that gave her problems.

I'm sorry it's been so long since I've been to your journal, but I just don't get online much anymore, there doesn't seem to be any time. Weight is too high, as usual, but working on it.....as usual.....
Old 11-27-2012, 09:55 AM   #347

Linda!!!

metqa!!!

So nice to see y'all once again. I too am interested in hearing how Barbara is doing. Well, I hope. I am with you Linda---up in weight (not even sure how much because I quit weighing ) but working on it, as usual I just ordered the 2 for 1 special of hcg. Cannot wait for a new round this Dec/Jan. Not sure if I will start in Dec or Jan, but will be soon!!!
Old 11-28-2012, 07:35 AM   #348

Hey Linda, Long Time.
I'm hoping to hear some new news about Barbara.

Hey Dawn.
I know i can't tolerate a winter round. I'm too cold natured now. I'd have to slather myself in vaseline to keep from drying out and blowing away. Winter skin, y'know. but I've got another round waiting for me too.
Old 11-29-2012, 04:16 PM   #349
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Sorry it took this long before I updated you but wasn't able to speak to Barbara until this afternoon.

She is still in the hospital and undergoing more testing and won't know anything for a few days.

Continuing prayers and healing thoughts to her, please!
Old 11-30-2012, 10:10 AM   #350

Thanks Gracie.
Old 11-30-2012, 11:19 AM   #351

Have you seen this yet, metqa? I was hoping you would drop by:

Concerns about MCT oil
Old 12-30-2012, 09:19 AM   #352
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

An entire month has passed and it has been a busy one. I really wanted to keep up with my journal, but one thing led to another, etc.

We had a wonderful Christmas and it was crazy, chaotic and wonderful with all the grandchildren and 2 of our three children and their spouses.
We skyped with our youngest daughter for almost 2 hours so I didn't feel too far from her......just seeing her took the edge off of missing her.

Have been visiting F/B quite a bit since a lot of our extended families are there and I've re-connected with friends I haven't seen in years! I really disliked F/B when I first joined and rarely, if ever, went there, but now it's a daily occurrence. One of my HTA buddies is there, and I'm happy we've re-connected.

I've had a feeding frenzy since Thanksgiving, and have put on a few extra lbs. so have to get cracking again.

I did try some potato days right after Thanksgiving and shed 4 lbs right away and of course it was bloat, so am doing it again. I love having this in my food arsenal as I can't believe that it curbs my appetite and I have absolutely no cravings which is amazing to me.

It's helping me maintain even though the number is at the high end of my window. After tomorrow night's NYE party and NY day, I'll re-start rotations in earnest again. Methinks I'll have potatoes along with chicken broth on DDs because it is so dang easy. Am hoping to get to the lower end of my window.

I am looking forward to the New Year 2013 and quite honestly, it doesn't seem possible, but yet, here it is!!!
Old 12-30-2012, 11:56 AM   #353

Glad you had a nice Holiday Time with your Family and newly found friends.
Old 01-04-2013, 01:34 PM   #354

Happy New Year!!!!

What a hectic time, eh? Glad you had a fantastic Christmas. So nice to be able to be with family. So you tried the potato hack huh??!! LOL. I would love to. But have to finish my round first. It seems like I have been doing P2 forever!!!! I have to stick with it and just don't want to. On my second re-start. Don't ever start a round during holiday season. I should have done something else. Oh well. Here is to the new year!!

How is Barbara doing? Out of the hospital and OK now? I sure hope so and think of her often.
Old 02-06-2013, 02:24 PM   #355
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: MaryN
Stats: 124.6/118.8/108.4
WOE: CAD/BB
Start Date: 1/4/14
Hi Gracie.

I also did 5 rounds of hhcg and lost 64lbs. I have about 4 lbs that is creeping up sometimes 6 and I have been reading and reading about JUDDD. After reading some of your journal I think this might be the answer for me. Will be starting my first DD tomorrow. I am looking forward to tomorrow. Wish me luck.
MaryN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 05:46 AM   #356

Good luck Mary!! Today is my first DD. Looking forward to it.......NOT
Old 02-13-2013, 06:31 PM   #357
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryN View Post
Hi Gracie.

I also did 5 rounds of hhcg and lost 64lbs. I have about 4 lbs that is creeping up sometimes 6 and I have been reading and reading about JUDDD. After reading some of your journal I think this might be the answer for me. Will be starting my first DD tomorrow. I am looking forward to tomorrow. Wish me luck.
Hi Mary,

I'm so sorry I haven't responded sooner, but I've been preoccupied with some other interests!

Oh, yes the weight can creep up very easily once you've done HHCG! I had a difficult time maintaining after three rounds, so each round after that the weight came off beautifully, but as soon as I entered P4, bango!!!

I personally believe that doing 5 of them did me more harm than good.

When I started JUDDD, I only had about 10 lbs to release and because I wasn't stressing my body any longer, those 10 lbs came off easily.

I maintain now but do not do regular rotations. I'm doing maybe 2 DD a week, and I do not count calories any longer. I pretty much know what is and what is not on my list and just use that.

Now, during the holidays from Thanksgiving until after New Years, I had not one DD, and I went up about 5 lbs. but I got down to business by simply staying away from junk and sweets, etc. If I drink alcohol, it's maybe once a year, and even then, I only take a a sip, so I don't worry about alcohol calories. Thankfully, that's one variable about which I don't worry!

Mary, I don't know if you've continued with JUDDD since you've posted, but I sincerely hope you have! It is a very doable WOE, and most folks who do it have success!

Keep me posted. Would love to hear how you're doing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawnyama View Post

Good luck Mary!! Today is my first DD. Looking forward to it.......NOT
So Dawn, tell me how was your first DD?
Old 02-14-2013, 12:55 PM   #358

Gracie---back to P2 for me tomorrow. My first DD was not so bad. You know I can do those, but it seems to be harder once you know you are going back to Hhcg. My mom came for a brief visit this weekend and in talking to her, she told me I needed to have my hormones checked. So today I went and had my blood drawn and in about 2 weeks go to have a specialist start me on bio hormone therapy. Pricy----very pricy. But I am hoping that this is what I have been missing. So for at least these next 2+ weeks I can do something about my weight. Then once I get started and going I can have hope that I can maintain the new lows. Ugh---P2 yet again........but I have not given up hope that one day this will stick!!! My mom made some not so great comments about my choices of clothing and it is only because I have nothing that fits right now. So I have to lose weight so as not to be frumpy. I hated hearing it, but maybe this will be the push I need to get going and do a clean P2. Now, wish ME luck!! Hahaha.

Oh, and perfect timing on the start of my P2. Today is Valentine's day!! It is MY day!! LOL.

Happy Valentine's Day, my sweet friend!!!
Old 05-31-2013, 02:02 PM   #359

Hey Sazzie! just hanging about and came to see what , if anything , you were up to.
Old 05-31-2013, 06:00 PM   #360

metqa!!! How are you?

I am still here too.