LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-04-2012, 03:38 PM   #301
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sazzie
Stats: Maintaining ±4 lbs.
WOE: JUDDD
Quote:
Originally Posted by dawnyama View Post

That darned scale is what I have to say. So teasing!!! I jumped on it and it said 122. So that is what I recorded. But when I hopped on 2more times I saw 121.8 and 120.8 so I know a whoosh is coming!!! Why couldn't it have come this morning???!!!! Ahhhhh.....P2 is so ick!!!!!
Hey, it's here now, and that's what counts!

Oh yea, that scale can sure be a teaser.....but you've conquered it now!

Anxious to see your number on the scale in the morning...........
sazzie is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 10-06-2012, 08:54 AM   #302
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Feeling a little restless this morning, and know that I have energy to burn, so I'm going to head off to the gym.

Haven't been there in quite awhile because of so many reasons, one of which includes laziness or maybe simply a lack of interest in the routine.....yea, that's more in line of how I'm feeling........

As much as I love and believe in Slow Burn, I think I need to try something else to break the monotony. Increasing the weight each time I go definitely makes it more challenging, but I know I need something else.

Maybe I need to pedal my bike around the neighborhood or start my walking again........I'm on the fence about the whole 'exercise' thing these days.

What impetus do I need? My weight is stable, I feel well, although do admit to not having the vitality I normally feel.

I'm on the computer a lot less, and have been reading quite a bit, and while that's good exercise for the mind, it's certainly not helping the body!

I'm feeling the need to get more active with my JUDDD buds, but am more inclined to read rather than post. I'm a reader at heart both on and off the boards.....except in my journal.......

This was written solely for my own rant, but if I didn't want any input from my friends, I wouldn't have posted it to begin with...........so..............

Gracie's Journal
Old 10-06-2012, 10:55 AM   #303
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: metqa
Stats: 147/142.5/135
WOE: HCG
Start Date: joined LCF 2003: HCG 11/2013
When you have energy you have to find ways to expend it. You are restless. Congratulations on having excess energy. You should spend it in a fun way. if you like bike riding, go for it. I like swimming but I don't have access to a pool, so instead I flail about in my room and call it dancing.
metqa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 01:57 PM   #304
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks, Metqa!

Well, I took the bull by the horns, and did a 20 minute workout. Boy, was it tough, but that's OK.

Before I went I pushed out an e mail to Fred Hahn asking what to do when boredom sets in.

When I got back from the gym he had replied! That man is a trainer through and through.

He essentially told me that if I wanted to have fun, then go do something fun. Slow Burn is not fun, but is effective.

He made the analogy of flossing one's teeth......not fun, but necessary. Tedious and boring, but must be done.

He advised not to think of anything else for that brief half hour. Just go and get it done.

He told me a few other tidbits and then ended his e mail with a quote from GB Shaw:

“Forget about likes and dislikes.

They are of no consequence.

Just do what must be done.

This may not be happiness.

But it is greatness.”

Yep, he's so right......it's not fun, but when I walk out of that gym I know I had a workout and also know that it can't be done more than 2x a week, it's that intense. When I was doing it regularly, my muscle tone was wonderful and I was free from back pain.

I also know that I have osteopenia! If for no other reason
I MUST do weight training, otherwise this can develop into osteoporosis.

Fred gave me a tough love message and I got it!

Last edited by sazzie; 10-06-2012 at 01:58 PM..
Old 10-06-2012, 05:44 PM   #305

Gallery: dawnyama
Stats: 154/119.2/118 5'3.5"
WOE: Rx hcg
Start Date: 6/1/09
Gracie--glad you got it done!! I know the feeling of not wanting to, but then the feeling of accomplishment when you are done. Good for you for making good decisions!!! Speaking of good decisions......I had decided to stop my round for a brief break, but just decided this morning to NOT take a break. I wanted to stop because we are going out to eat tomorrow (or so I thought) and I wanted to EAT!! But now plans may have been changed, or may not. I don't know what we are doing anymore LOL. But fear that if I stop P2 for a break I may not return and if I do return, not sure if I will stick to plan So since I am so into P2 I am going to continue on. Just do the best I can with the choices I have in front of me tomorrow. I am this close to the teens and don't want to stop til I am there. Yay for good decisions.
Old 10-06-2012, 07:01 PM   #306

Hahn is so cool!
Old 10-10-2012, 01:07 PM   #307

Well, I am done!!! I took my last pellets this morning and I am done!! I have been either 121 or 120 for about 6 or 7 days, so this is my official LDW......121. It is what I weighed in at this morning. I think so I am soooo stable in P2, I should have a great time stabilizing in P3. I decided to ease into P3 instead of diving head first into a vat of cheese and eggs and bacon LOL. I will go easy with the food so that I can stay at one weight. I don't want the bounce up I usually see in P3. I really want to stay at 120--it is a good weight for me. But since I always bounce up in P3/P4 I wanted to be lower. It ain't happening, so I have to keep my window tight. I think if I ease into food this time I can stay there. Wish me luck!!!

How are you Gracie???
dawnyama is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 01:54 PM   #308
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by metqa View Post
Hahn is so cool!
I love his no-nonsense attitude....he didn't placate me or patronize me.

He simply stated what is, and what should be done.........

Gotta have respect for his judgment.

Quote:
Well, I am done!!! I took my last pellets this morning and I am done!! I have been either 121 or 120 for about 6 or 7 days, so this is my official LDW......121. It is what I weighed in at this morning. I think so I am soooo stable in P2, I should have a great time stabilizing in P3. I decided to ease into P3 instead of diving head first into a vat of cheese and eggs and bacon LOL. I will go easy with the food so that I can stay at one weight. I don't want the bounce up I usually see in P3. I really want to stay at 120--it is a good weight for me. But since I always bounce up in P3/P4 I wanted to be lower. It ain't happening, so I have to keep my window tight. I think if I ease into food this time I can stay there. Wish me luck!!!

How are you Gracie???
Aaaah, so it's finally done, is it!!!! That's a big relief for you, I'm sure!!!

Take it real easy starting in P3, but I don't have to tell you that, but what's a surrogate mother to say!

I'm doing really well right now. Went bowling this morning, then came home, had lunch (UD) then headed out to the gym then to the library and got home just a bit ago.

My usual trainer Deen, is no longer working in the main gym. He's been promoted to some type of managerial position. I'm going to e mail him and see what the deal is.

Fortunately, there are other trainers there trained in Slow Burn so I spoke to one of them today, and I like his style. I'm changing things around a bit and instead of doing tris and bis on the machine, I'll be using the pull-down as it engages more muscles in the execution. Got a bit of a feel for it today, but because I had already done my bis and tris on the machines, Victor stopped me cause my arms were shaking......as they should after a good workout.
Am looking forward to this new addition.

I'm reading the CPL thread, and I'm feeling angry! I am fearful of what may happen with that whole mess. CPLwon't be happy until she gets her way, and I seriously doubt she knows what her way is. She is one sick being!!!

I am floored and amazed at the wonderful sound advice that is being offered. We certainly do have some talented compassionate and highly intelligent women on our LCF who make use of some home grown common sense.
I feel proud to be a member here!

Anyway, I'm about to make some CCClouds.........yes, I'm finally going to get them going, so I'll BBL to let you know how good they are..........
Old 10-10-2012, 02:21 PM   #309

Dawn, your plan makes a lot of sense. No sense bouncing up and down from the start.

Gracie, I know you will enjoy your clouds!
I got angry in the CPL thread today. I hate bullies!
Old 10-10-2012, 03:15 PM   #310

I never knew there were such people out there. I mean they really do exist!! My goodness. I am glad there are such intelligent people here too. I wouldn't even think about 1/3 of the stuff they have brought up. What a pickle wasted is in, huh??

I want to hear about the clouds!!! I saw the recipe and thought....yum!!! What a fat fasters treat! I am considering doing either a fat fast the next few days or a transition to P3 ala Biz. Not quite sure what would be best for me, but I know I would love some fat!!! That sounds beautiful right now. LOL. Or maybe some fat bombs. I have to make cream cheese muffins too. Amy has no more left. She loves those for breakfast.
Old 10-10-2012, 04:37 PM   #311
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

May be a good idea for you to concentrate on high fat entering P3, as it would keep your hunger at bay, and assure you of not eating off plan.

You've never made clouds? I'm a little surprised to read that.

HERE is the original recipe from Linda Sue.

HERE is the thread talking about different variations.

CCClouds are also referred to as Fat Bombs.

What would Biz's style be? I know she had a LOT of correction days, but I don't remember her take on starting P3.

Oh, and btw, my clouds turned out scrumptious!! I used the original recipe from Linda Sue, but added shredded coconut (unsweetened) and DaVinci's coconut syrup.
Think I'm going to try adding peanut butter in place of the butter next time.

I'll let you know how that turns out!
Old 10-10-2012, 04:44 PM   #312

Here is Biz's plan (shelby posted this in the hcg forum in the hcg short form sticky):

Thought I'd post this here as well. I enjoyed this transition to P3 much more than ways I've done it in the past. Adjust weekdays listed below based on whatever your LDW is. CAUTION: this is NOT strict protocol so YMMV...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

• Sunday – Day of your last dose: 500 calories

• Monday – VLCD no hCG D1: 750 calories – typical P2 menu with added clean fats*.
o 1T HWC
o 4T HNH
o 1T olive oil
o +257 calories

• Tuesday – VLCD no hCG D2: 1000 calories – typical P2 menu with added clean fats*, and you can add two eggs.
o 1 extra large egg
o 1.5T HWC
o 3T HNH
o 2T blue cheese dressing
o 80g avocado
o +501 calories

Phase 3 officially begins:
• Wednesday – P3D1: 1250 calories – try to keep with a typical P2 menu, but mix your veggies, add eggs if you want, and clean fats*.
o 1 extra large egg
o 2T HWC
o 4T HNH
o 100g avocado
o 120g cooked chicken (28g extra cooked)
o 0.5T olive oil
o 150g beef 96/4 (50g extra)
o +752 calories

• Thursday – P3D2: 1500 calories – again, try to keep with a typical P2 menu, mix veggies, add eggs if desired, increase your protein to around 8-10 oz for the day, and clean fats*.
o 2 extra large eggs
o 2T HWC
o 4T HNH
o 100g avocado
o 150g cooked chicken (28g extra cooked)
o 1T olive oil
o 200g 96/4 ground beef (100g extra)
o +1009 calories

• Friday – P3D3: 1750 calories. This is where you can start adding some different proteins, fruits, and veggies. Be careful about adding fats that are not considered “clean”; cheeses and nut or nut butters. Those should wait until you are much further into P3 than just the first few days.
o 2 extra large eggs
o 4 slices low sodium bacon
o 2T HWC
o 4T HNH
o 100g avocado
o 150g cooked chicken (28g extra cooked)
o 1T olive oil
o 200g 96/4 ground beef (100g extra)
o +1169 calories + ~100 more calories of veggies/fruit/protein
Old 10-10-2012, 05:03 PM   #313
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Ah, OK!

I remember now that Biz suggests to add in the fats VERY gradually! Advice I never heeded!

It wasn't P2 or P3 that gave me trouble......always P4........I realize now in retrospect that one of the reasons I constantly gained in P4 was my body felt deprived. I could stay on a diet for however long with no problem. As soon as I got license to eat, I ate.
Adding carbs such as toast for breakfast seemed like a feast to me in P4.

I'm so glad I'm over HHCG! While it served me well, I feel it was a stepping stone to something more permanent, such as JUDDD.

It's been a year since I started JUDDD, and I'm doing regular rotations these days. It's on and off......some weeks I'll have 3 DD, others; 2.....just depends on that scale......and, I do weigh every day.....that's a must.
Old 10-10-2012, 05:19 PM   #314

Her plan now says to incorporate those fats before actually starting P3!!! That is what is so surprising. I cannot wait!!! Tomorrow I can do that. I need my fat. The only thing I am missing. And once I am stable on P3, I am going to JUDDD. I am even more excited about that LOL.
Old 10-12-2012, 01:16 PM   #315
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Her plan now says to incorporate those fats before actually starting P3!!! That is what is so surprising. I cannot wait!!! Tomorrow I can do that. I need my fat. The only thing I am missing. And once I am stable on P3, I am going to JUDDD. I am even more excited about that LOL.
Yes, I really remember now! And, for whatever reason, I had a difficult time with that..........ah well, it's over now.

You will be a success on P3! I'm just saying that if you ever have to go out to dinner with dh and family........cause I know you do from time to time......have yourself a lot of fat throughout your day beforehand so your hunger will be in control. We all know what's in those restaurant meals.....and 99% of the time, it's usually sugar.

Tonight is our weekly dinner with our friends, and I did a lot of fat today (67%) and I know beyond a shadow of a doubt, I'll have to keep off the bread because carbs and high fat just ain't not good! That alone is going to put me in the 70%+ range, so I'm hoping my stomach agrees with me.

I'll probably opt for some salmon and a large salad w/vinegar and oil

I've doing a bit of an experiment myself with high fat. I never subscribed to it because in the past, I would feel queasy. So, this time, I'm taking it easy and I'm feeling no ill effects.
I don't go beyond 65-70%......any more and I don't feel too well.

Have to learn to keep my protein down a bit, and that's the most difficult part for me as I thrive on it.

The reason I decided to do a higher fat content is that I've noticed my nails weren't in the best of shape. They were always long and strong, and since I've been doing JUDDD, their health has declined a bit.

I have also noticed my body changing as well, so if I can get a few more lbs off, maybe that will make a difference.......funny thing..........weight is the same.....doesn't budge.........now ain't that a kick in the pants!

Hey, if it comes off fine.......if it doesn't, that's fine too! I love the peace and acceptance I'm feeling. For me, it's a no-stress situation.

So, time will tell........and I'll probably be keeping a fairly good record here.
Old 10-15-2012, 06:21 AM   #316
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thought I'd better get in here and journalize because Wednesday Peter and I will be on our way to S.Carolina! He has a golf tourney and since there will be other wives there who don't golf, I decided to go with him.

I'm all packed except for some very last minute things, so now I can relax a bit.

I'm going to make sure I don't make CCClouds any time soon again, cause I ate the entire batch in two days........that's not good, I don't care if it's HF or not......I could not stop eating them.

The BPC is really sustaining me on DDs, and it's a nice change from my regular DD menu.

Doing the HF last week was good timing, cause I didn't know at the time I was going away this week.

I'm going to have about 5 days of eating 'normally' whatever that means and I'm sure I'll need regular rotations after I get back! Ugh!

I do intend to use the gym facilities at the motel, but just in case, I'm headed out to the gym now to get at least one session in this week.
Old 10-15-2012, 10:02 AM   #317

Yay!!! Wish I could come and see you Gracie. But I am sure you will be at the beach. If you drive on 26, stop at the chick fil a at exit 97. That is "my" Chick Fil A. I am there at breakfast this week. I am on lunch only Wed this week.

I am glad you re liking the BPC. I was wondering about that. I have been following all those threads and still have not bitten. I would love to though. Yesterday I was close enough to do a CD, that I tried a quasi CD. I did eggs for 2 meals and crab meat for the 3rd. I don't know why it didn't work, I am AT the top of my window today. So I am ON a CD today. I chose the protein shake day, Gracie as I have a bunch of coconut/almond milk to use up.....still. I tis still good so I am using it. I added 2 eggs to my first shake and am not sure about the rest of the day. My protein powder is not that high in protein! Ah, I will decide later. I know I need some coconut water today too. I was thinking of making those fat bombs too. I love them!!! But am not so sure since I am doing a CD today. Cannot figure out why I am up so much. I was below LDW a couple of days, then boom---way up! Hmmmm...

Have fun Gracie on your trip!!!! "Talk at you" when you return home.
Old 10-15-2012, 03:35 PM   #318
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Dawn,

We'll be in Myrtle Beach! Don't know anything about the geography, but I'll keep it in mind about brekkie on one of those days.

Hey, remember our protein shakes way back when?

3 a day.........2 of them with raw egg(s) and the last one without.

If I remember correctly, they worked for you. I know they were always helpful for me.

I still have them on occasion.

Oh, my BPC is a bit different also......

In a blender, I mix about 20 oz of hot coffee, 8 oz of coconut milk, 2 tbsp of coconut oil and 2 tbsp of coconut cream and 1 scoop of protein powder.

I blend that sucker for a long while till it's really foamy. I drink that throughout the day and it is so delicious and satisfying.

I do heat the ensuing cups in the microwave......and, it actually gets frothier.

Whole thing comes to 552 calories.......respectable DD calories and extremely satisfying.

There have been DDs where I felt full but not satisfied, so the extra fat is doing the trick.
Old 10-16-2012, 11:01 AM   #319

Gracie, I hope you enjoy yourself and watching the tourney and hanging out with the other ladies!
Old 10-16-2012, 11:49 AM   #320
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks Metqa!

I'll probably not be posting in my journal until after I get back, so one more post!

I just visited your journal and all seems quite well, and that made me feel very happy for you!

Yesterday was supposed to be a DD, and with this VHF, it certainly turned out differently. I got up after being asleep for a bit last night, and just had to have some peanut butter. Didn't have any negative affects on the scale, I must say!

Will be away from tomorrow till Sunday, so wanted to get as much VHF in as possible cause I am not guaranteeing or promising myself any kind of diet regime. Ya know what they say about life happening......

Ciao~~
Old 10-16-2012, 12:23 PM   #321

Have a great time and be safe Gracie!!
Old 10-22-2012, 07:03 AM   #322
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

We got back yesterday about 5ish and what a wonderful respite it was!

Our room at Compass Cove was on the 9th floor facing East providing the most gorgeous view of the ocean and sunrise!

While dh golfed, I busied myself with all the amenities of the hotel! This time of year is ideal for the beach because the cool soft breeze makes it feel as though you're not sitting in the sun at all!

Just fabulous all the way around!

Here are a couple of pictures:

One of the sunrise and a shot of dh on the beach from the 9th floor
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Myrtle Beach October 2012 018.jpg (43.4 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg Myrtle Beach October 2012 015.jpg (40.5 KB, 5 views)
Old 10-22-2012, 10:15 AM   #323

Beautiful pictures Gracie. Love them!!! I agree with you. The best time to visit Myrtle Beach is when less people are there LOL. Also when it gets just a little bit cooler. Now is a great time!!! So glad you had a great time.
Old 10-25-2012, 10:44 AM   #324

Hey!! What a week this has been. My DH and I had a nice long chat on one of our walks in the evening. He told me he wanted me to stay at home once again, but didn't feel he could tell me to "do it". I put in my resignation letter today!!! WooHoo!! Good timing too because Ky is getting sick (we hope it doesn't progress to an asthmatic episode again) and Amy came home early today from school. She is having tummy issues once again. I am going to concentrate on getting my house in order and alleviating some of DH's stress. He is having breathing issues once again to where he is not doing well. Made a few of his "I am ready to die" comments once again. So it is time to make his life a bit easier. The whole story is in the hcg/juddd thread in the playground. I have a few paragraphs written over there--check out page 19 and 20. I just don't want to copy/paste here. See how lazy I have gotten???!! LOL.

Hope you are doing well Gracie!
Old 10-25-2012, 03:56 PM   #325
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Wow, Dawn, I am rather glad to see that you are going to be staying home! You always seem to be multitasking, so I'm sure you will feel a lot less pressured now that you will be home.

I'll get over there as soon as I can to see your story!

I feel accomplished today! Met my old trainer at the gym and he guided me through some new moves in Slow Burn. I was having a bit of trouble with the biceps curl...my left elbow was bothering me, so I wasn't getting the full effect I should have.

So, he re-adjusted the angle so that I start with my elbow flexed rather than go through the full range of motion......what a difference.

I also felt that the tris were not getting enough of a burn, so we put down the 40 lb weight machine and now am doing 40 lb pull down......that's also easier on the elbow.

The leg press remains the same and right now I'm at 154 lbs. and it was tough counting 10 seconds ecc & 10 seconds con .....just 6 reps......will up that to 156 next week.

The one I like least is the row! I asked if I could eliminate that and his answer was absolutely 'no'! Since I do have osteopenia, he said the row was the best routine to keep my spine and back in alignment with good posture.
I'm up to 144 lbs. on that........
Sometimes it's the things we need most that we like least.

Even though these weights sound high, I lost a lot of strength being away so long.....when I stopped going a few months ago, I was up to 172 lbs......but it will come back quickly if I stay with it. I MUST if I want to keep my bones from deteriorating.

I have put on a couple of lbs since I'm back, but that's to be expected with the muscles holding on to fluid.....

I posted a lot about my weight training so I can keep an online history of what I've been doing and what my progress is. I keep a written record at the gym, but have stopped my handwritten journal, so this serves as a reliable record.

Before I went to the gym, I went to league and bowled really well and received two awards for the games I bowled two week's ago...never thought I could say I have the highest average of anyone on that league.......it's a small league, but hey!!!

Came home and made stuffed artichokes and chicken cutlet! Dh and I have been noshing on that all afternoon.....love cold chicken cutlet.

Last edited by sazzie; 10-25-2012 at 03:59 PM..
Old 10-25-2012, 04:45 PM   #326

Congratulations Gracie!! That is great to be rewarded for doing something you love. And kudos to you for being back in the gym!!! I was just reading "Wheat Belly" and when you said osteopenia, I was thinking back to what Dr Davis wrote about it. Have you read that book yet? He speaks of the osteopenia and what causes it. Mighty interesting..........I am thinking now that I am home from work (well after next week I will be!) I can make some really good gluten free recipes for us all at home to try. I cannot wait!! Nobuo is interested in trying gluten free since he feels a bit labored in his breathing after eating wheat.

Oh, I burned my hand at work. A cup of coffee, as I was pouring it from the coffee thermal pot as it was being brewed so you know it was piping hot, spilled on the back of my hand. It hurts like the dickens. I was icing it at work and when I got home put some coconut oil on it. I hope it goes away quickly. It really hurts and by looking at my hands you can see the burned spot---it is quite large. My right hand looks like it got sunburned. Ouch!!!!!

Last edited by dawnyama; 10-25-2012 at 04:46 PM..
Old 10-26-2012, 08:13 AM   #327
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
I was just reading "Wheat Belly" and when you said osteopenia, I was thinking back to what Dr Davis wrote about it. Have you read that book yet? He speaks of the osteopenia and what causes it.
Oh, I burned my hand at work. A cup of coffee, as I was pouring it from the coffee thermal pot as it was being brewed so you know it was piping hot, spilled on the back of my hand. It hurts like the dickens. I was icing it at work and when I got home put some coconut oil on it. I hope it goes away quickly. It really hurts and by looking at my hands you can see the burned spot---it is quite large. My right hand looks like it got sunburned. Ouch!!!!!
No, I have not read 'Wheat Belly'.

My osteopenia was directly caused by taking dilantin for over 30 years! Dilantin robs the body of calcium and thank God I finally found a wonderful neurologist here in Florida who couldn't wait to take me off of the dang stuff.

I take Lamictal now and it works beautifully and have had no side effects. Very very expensive, but after a letter from my neurologist to our insurance company that I'm unable to take the generic, the price has been drastically reduced........We were paying $300 a month before the letter and it was draining us dry as we're on SS.......now, we're paying a little over $100 every 3 months..........those insurance companies! Need I say more?

That burn on your hand! OMG! I have had burns and what I do is continually keep ice on it (maybe 2-3 days) and apply pure aloe vera.....omitted any scarring and healed quickly.

There was another instance I had a grease burn on my forearm sometime last year and I used another protocol that worked extremely well for pain. It too, left no scarring.

I posted it somewhere on LCF, but I can't think for the life of me what that was.

I keep oils away until after the initial healing is done.
Old 10-26-2012, 01:49 PM   #328
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

We've started getting the winds from Sandy! 25-35mph with gusts to 40 mph.

Already had one gust and it's getting darker and rainier by the minute. Our old oaks are swaying and they're been hurricane-proofed, but....but....but we hope for the best!

We're stocked with a lot of canned food and all of the necessities; water; fuel for the grill; and gas in the car! Documents and the like are in a metal box ready to go if necessary. Pictures are still in the mammoth container covered with plastic. Never took them out since the three hurricanes in '04.

It's almost second nature to be prepared living in Florida!

It's been eight years since then, and I admit to feeling a bit uncomfortable and a bit hyper. So dh and I are taking precautions and securing anything that may act as projectiles!

Doesn't help that there will be a Full Moon when Sandy hits the US which increases the threat of coastal flooding!!
Old 10-26-2012, 03:06 PM   #329

Gracie, take care, Don't let Sandy blow you away.
I wish I'd know about this Hurricane before this weekend, I have a friend named Sandy and I would have loved to tease her.

Dawn, I'm sorry about your hand, Take care of it. I hope it doesn't blister or scar.
Old 10-31-2012, 05:21 PM   #330
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thank the Good Lord all my friends and relatives are safe up North. Some are still without power, but they are doing OK........I so wish they were here with us where it's safe and warm.

My sil in De. is staying with friends on higher ground, and she doesn't know the extent of damage to her home as of yet.

My daughter is OK in Md, and has plenty of food and lost no power, thank God! Her school naturally, was closed.

Nor do we know the extent of damage to my childhood home in Sea Isle City NJ!
The Mayor won't allow my cousin in town to assess the damage until he gets the notice from Mayor Desiderio, and that order won't come until Christie approves it.

My friend's pizza shop, no doubt, suffered quite a bit of damage as it is even closer to the shore than our family home. Time will tell, and there is some promise that tomorrow, residents will be allowed to enter.

I'm so grateful that no one was injured and that's one of the reasons our Mayor won't allow anyone in just yet....heck, the police department, fire station and City Hall were all flooded out, so it's all just such a mess.

All of this has given me a heavy heart with worry and my heart aches for the rest of the Jersey Shore where I spent some of the happiest years of my life.

My friend sent me a couple of pictures of Sea Isle, and I was in disbelief.

I just don't have words for the folks in NY! It's just too too incredulous!

So heartbreaking.