Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-27-2012, 07:27 AM   #271
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sazzie
Stats: Maintaining ±4 lbs.
WOE: JUDDD
Well, the bowling alley is still closed and probably won't be re-opened until the weekend. Seems that there was another major component that needed replacing. Doesn't bother me because I'm getting things done that would otherwise be neglected.

Waiting for an order that should be here today...supp re-stock with a new addition.

Thought I'd try the DMAE cream that so many have highly recommended in the PG. Have had luck with the recent addition of Pterstilbene so am hoping this is successful also.
I was blessed with good genes but I think Mother Nature needs a bit of encouragement!

Does anyone know about Microsoft Works. My computer doesn't have it which surprises me, but am looking for a good label maker. I could go to Word but it doesn't provide me with what I need.
Barbara made some labels for me that are perfect for what I need, but she has the Microsoft Works.

I do have a Dyno label maker that I picked up at Wal-Mart yesterday, but if I can do it online without another device sitting on my desk, that would be good.

I'm going to google and maybe it just needs a simple download..........

Gracie's Journal
sazzie is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-27-2012, 01:57 PM   #272
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: dawnyama
Stats: 154/119.2/118 5'3.5"
WOE: Rx hcg
Start Date: 6/1/09
Well, it sucks to be in the 125s still. I have seen this number for 4 days already!!! So tired of this. I am ready to be done and at goal. I cannot decide if I should end my round next Weds or plug on to lose more. But at this rate I will be on P2 forever if I continue on. I just want to be done!!! I don't know what to do. I am so encouraged one day and exasperated the next. I hate the way this diet makes me so wishy washy. I am sooo over this round.............

Sorry to hear about that bowling alley fire. Hope you can get back to it real soon. I hate having to wait for books at the library. But sometimes it is better to borrow than buy.
Old 09-27-2012, 05:39 PM   #273
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oh dear, another stall, eh?!

Please hold tight cause you're so close, Dawn........you'll kick yourself otherwise, and you don't want any black and blue marks on your tushy!

Make the decision when Wednesday comes and try not to overthink all of this. Think positive.....hey if you don't get to be 115 again, maybe it's your body telling you it doesn't like it there.
How difficult was it to maintain there anyway?

Well I made the rice pudding today, and it is so so delicious. I think ds will love it cause dh sure does.

I got some reading in this afternoon, and am on the waiting list for the next book so I really want to finish this one before they call.

Oh, I did look into Microsoft Works and it's an older program and that's why it isn't on my computer. I read some reviews and it's not worth the download....
Old 09-28-2012, 05:57 AM   #274

Gallery: metqa
Stats: 147/140.4/125; 5'1"
WOE: HCG Transitioning to HFLC
Start Date: joined LCF 2003: HCG 07/2014
I've got a book on hold/transfer with my library as well. The Cure Tooth Decay Book.

I haven't seen Works in a long time, I guess they stopped adding it to computers. It was nice having it since not everyone can afford to buy Office Suite as soon as they get a new computer. Open Office is a freeware software that you can download and it can open Word Documents as well. There is a text editor like Word, a calc/spread sheet program like Excel, a presentation program like power point, database, drawing and formula programs like Draw, Access and a graphing calculator.

It's open source so anyone can use it or change it. and it's Microsoft Office compatible. so others can open stuff you make on it.

I don't know if that helps with your specific task, but it is a good Office Suite substitute for free.
"You have to understand zat ven a vampire forgoes . . .the b-vord, zere is a process zat ve call transference? Zey force Zemselves to desire somesing else? . . .But your friend chose . . . coffee. And now he has none." "You can find him some coffee, or . . .you can keep a vooden stake and a big knife ready. You vould be doink him a favor, believe me." Monstrous Regiment by Terry Pratchett
IBKKF 898
metqa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 06:08 AM   #275
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: shirlc
Stats: 144/128.5/130-5'5"
WOE: Low/Mod Carb, JUDDD (JUDDD, 10/25/11 at 141.5)
Start Date: March, 2006
I get confused about the "office" thing. I have windows and have the following that came with my Dell (think I bought it in 2010).

Microsoft Office
MS Office Excel 2007
MS Office OneNote 2007
MS Office PowerPoint 2007
MS Office Word 2007
MS Office Tools

Would Open Office be an upgrade from this?
shirlc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 06:23 AM   #276

It's likely to be the same interface. I don't know from which Office Suite they modeled it but my BF has been using it for a few years now and never complained about it being much different.

""
Quote:
Studies have proved it is easier (and cheaper) to move to OpenOffice from Microsoft Office than it is to upgrade to Microsoft's latest Office 2007.
So I guess it's about the same.

The bonus to it over MS Office is that because it's a free license you can install it on as many computers as you like, and you can use it for any function; business, personal, non-profit, government without multiple licensing issue. And it's open source so any bugs or problems get reported quickly and fixed immediately without waiting for new releases.

I sound like an advocate but I'm still getting used to it myself.
Old 09-28-2012, 07:06 AM   #277
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by metqa View Post
It's likely to be the same interface. I don't know from which Office Suite they modeled it but my BF has been using it for a few years now and never complained about it being much different.

"" So I guess it's about the same.
Thanks!
Old 09-28-2012, 08:05 AM   #278
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Aah OK.......thanks for that detailed information.

I'm about to put the batteries in the Dymo I bought yesterday and I will probably need to cut the labels in half lengthwise for the size I want......that's OK.

I have just about the same stuff that Shirl has except I couldn't find MS Tools; guess my techie knowledge is coming up short.

I LOVE one note........I can c/p anything of importance or interest, make a page in NB and just minimize or 'x' out the window and it automatically saves......one of the best tools and I use it every day!

I've no need for Power Point, never mastered Excel, so I believe I have everything I need and more.

My OS is: Windows 7 using Mozilla Firefox and/orIE8
AMD Athlon 11 X4 620 Processor 2.60 GHz
64 bit OS

With 1T of space I don't think I'll ever run out!
Old 09-28-2012, 08:40 AM   #279

Oh my goodness what a workhorse of a computer you have.
I've got Win7 and I like it. I also use Firefox, though I'm playing around with Chrome.
I try to avoid IE like the plague, don't remember why anymore, now it's just a bogeyman to me.
I need to find out what this one note thing is, it sounds handy.
Old 09-28-2012, 09:28 AM   #280
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I'm not crazy about IE either, but I believe it has improved quite a bit over these last 3 years.

Have had Firefox for years now, and I thought of looking into Chrome because of its simplicity and cleanliness, but will admit to liking all the bells and whistles of F/F.

I'm a little discouraged with F/F right now because with the new update, the address bar simply says 'go to website' in a faded text.
Mind you, it's not all sites. Right now on LCF, it states where I am, so am not understanding the problem. That's why I use IE occasionally so I can c/p a URL to send to a friend, etc..

I've seen some discussion about it on MozillaZine but don't feel like researching it more.

I bought this computer back in '10 at Staples because it was an unbelievable sale. Dh's cousin, who lives nearby, saw it and went over and bought the same thing that week.......couldn't beat the price for a desktop!
We don't use laptops at all.........

I think that OneNote is part of the package in MS.
Old 09-28-2012, 10:17 AM   #281

All of this computer talk is way up here to me no idea what you guys are talking about but that is OK. I am used to being out of the loop on some things

Ok, so help me out ladies. I have stalled out at this dang number 125---I have been here for 4 days, in the middle I bumped up to 126.4 from my apple day, but I count that as day #5. I have to get this moving. I was thinking of doing a shake day. I have the almond/coconut milk and some protein powder. How bad would that be? Anyone use that to break a stall? Should I do 3 or 2 of the shakes? I would love to do 3, but think that 2 falls into the calories. 3 would push it to 600 calories. Hmmm.....decisions, decisions, decisions
dawnyama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 11:58 AM   #282

That's a tough decision. I find shakes to be unfulfilling for long days, so do you have anything else you could have, any shiritaki noodles or broth or something to sip? I'd think to stick with 2 shakes to keep the calories and some broth to fill in the gaps....
Old 09-28-2012, 12:09 PM   #283
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sazzie View Post

With 1T of space I don't think I'll ever run out!
OMG, I didn't know you could get windows with 1T of space. My son has it on his Mac. He's always telling me, "Ma, you gotta get a Mac!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sazzie View Post
I'm not crazy about IE either, but I believe it has improved quite a bit over these last 3 years.

Have had Firefox for years now, and I thought of looking into Chrome because of its simplicity and cleanliness, but will admit to liking all the bells and whistles of F/F.
I have Chrome and love it! It uses spellcheck on everything (even on this post) which I don't think IE does.

I have been having problems with Youtube lately with it pausing all the time. I think maybe it has to do with Chrome using so much memory. Anyway, I've been using IE for Youtube instead and not having the problem anymore.
Old 09-28-2012, 12:11 PM   #284

That's good to know about Youtube and IE.
Old 09-28-2012, 12:20 PM   #285

Quote:
That's a tough decision. I find shakes to be unfulfilling for long days, so do you have anything else you could have, any shiritaki noodles or broth or something to sip? I'd think to stick with 2 shakes to keep the calories and some broth to fill in the gaps....
I thought it would be a good fit for tomorrow. Not planning on working or going anywhere. This weekend should be quiet so I thought for a shake day tomorrow would be great. I was also thinking that I would just end this round tomorrow if I am in the 125s. I mean if I can hold to 125 on the protocol so well, it should carry over to P3.

I am so frustrated right now

can you tell

Oh, I forgot, I didn't rant in this thread. I ranted in the hcg playground thread. But I am sooo frustrated. I have been so good, and to be rewarded with no loss on the scale Frustrated indeed
Old 09-28-2012, 12:26 PM   #286

Well, I'll just have to go to the HCG playground thread to get the full story of your rant. Can't give proper advice without the full proper rant! I'm sure you could hold 125 just fine through P3 if you had to, so finish when you think is right, but go ahead and try the shake if you think it'll "shake" things up! LOL
Old 09-28-2012, 12:50 PM   #287

The scale is NOT my friend
Old 09-28-2012, 05:37 PM   #288
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Shirl, I find I have to go to IE for YouTube also. Sometimes FF works, sometimes not. I don't like the temperament. Yea, IE doesn't have spell check as FF/ and naturally Chrome.

Yea, that 1T is a biggie and I had to make sure the sign was right by asking over and over again if it was true. It was a one time deal, but yea, Windows has 1T......who wudda thunk it, eh?!

Oh Dawn I am sorry you're frustrated about all this. You can rant all you want here......it's my journal, and my invitation is an open one.

I agree with Metqa that maybe 2 shakes may do the trick for you, although I'd opt for some shiritake noodles to be on the safe side. Couple that with some hot broth and I betcha you won't want anything else. You'll have plenty of time to get your fat/protein in on P3. The shiritaki noodles are filling and they are great fiber! But I know you knew that!
Hey, and you'll be originating a new correction day.....shiritaki and broth....filling and effective!

We did a lot of those shakes back on P3 and while they're worked and were satisfying for me, the water they eliminated for me always came back after 2-3 days.

Like Metqa, I'll be going over to the PG/HHCG thread and see what the deal is.

Follow your instincts on this Dawn about whether or not you want to jump ship. Remember the 'why' of starting another round and that may help you make a decision!! 'Wantpower'
Old 09-28-2012, 05:46 PM   #289

Well, I lasted today on plan. Don't know how, but I did. We took Kyle out to eat. His brothers and sister all went to the high school football game across the street and he felt it was not fair to him. LOL. So we took him out to eat. Nobuo and I watched. We ate at home before we left. At least we were able to save a bit of money. And DH didn't want to tempt me either, at least that is what I told myself. I am sure I will be down tomorrow--some magnesium finally kicked in I believe. If not, I will do the shake day. I have some broth from this week opened in the fridge, so I should be good to go for tomorrow. I want to finish at least 21 days of this round so I can STS in P3. I don't care what my ending weight is at this point. Just want to be done!!!!!!
Old 09-28-2012, 07:41 PM   #290
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Dawn so, will Wednesday be 21 days? I know you don't want to go beyond that, but I've sort of lost track now.

I've got an eye strain headache tonight after reading 200 pages of my book this afternoon. Methinks I need to get another pair of reading glasses.

We have so many pairs laying around the house in 3 different strengths and I normally keep a pair in my kitchen drawer, in my purse, in the back bedroom, and several other places.....why oh why do they all end up where I can't find them, and then all of a sudden I see 4 pairs sitting on the dining room table. I swear I'm going to hit him!

I should be done with this book tomorrow so I'll be ready for the book I have on reserve.

Ciao~~
Old 09-29-2012, 07:18 AM   #291

Gracie--no one is going to get harmed today. I got my whoosh!!! I am down 1.6 lbs. And this is the lowest I have been since the end of July!!!! I am sooo excited today. It was worth it all. I am just a smidge away from the stats to the left in my avatar. Since I am so good smidging down the scale I am sure to hit that tomorrow. I will follow P2 today, no shake day for me!

My DH has a lot of reading glasses too. But never has them when or where, he most needs them. He needs to clip them to his shirt. He is getting unable to read anything in a restaurant, cannot read his phone, so everywhere he goes he needs a pair too!! It sucks getting old. Good for you for reading your book!!! I have to read more. I have a bunch of books out and cannot get to them because I have too many out!!! I cannot remember that I can only read 1 at a time. LOL.
Old 09-30-2012, 12:25 PM   #292
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Dawn, that's a relief.......everyone is safe from harm today........LOL

Only a few more days, sweetie!
Old 09-30-2012, 12:33 PM   #293
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Finished reading my book and picked up 'The Kitchen House by Kathleen Grissom' yesterday.

I was telling a friend that I needed a break from all the nutrition and 'what's good for ya' reading, and wanted to dabble in some fiction.

Not that there isn't some truth in between the lines, but the core of the story is essentially fiction.........between that and some serious meditating, I should be good to go, or come, for that matter.

Thought I'd post a picture of our Shaka.......she is unbelievably precious to us. Think I'll make her my avi for awhile!

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 09-30-2012, 01:30 PM   #294

What a handsome Animal. She looks very pleased with her garden spot.
Old 09-30-2012, 01:31 PM   #295

How beautiful Gracie!!! She looks like a gentle dog. How sweet!!! I lost some more today!!! I am so tickled to still be losing. Looks like I won't be eating at work anymore. If I want to lose, it looks like I have to cut out the grilled nuggets and salad. Too bad because it meant I didn't have to cook one of my meals. But I would much rather lose than STS. So eat at home it is!!!! Oh, and my stats to the left are up to date. I finally got down below the current weight posted for months!!!!! So the stats to the left are now correct. I am 123 and not sure when I will stop this round. Have to see what this week brings. I am hoping that it brings a lot of losses since I won't eat restaurant food anymore.

I think you are wise to read some fiction. Some of the "take me away" stuff is good for the soul. I hope to have the time to do that in the future. I have some books on the Kindle that I have downloaded I have not even gotten to look at yet. Heh, I say some but really mean tons LOL. Like 300 some LOL. At least they are the free ones!!

Have a great Sunday!!!!

Last edited by dawnyama; 09-30-2012 at 01:33 PM..
Old 10-04-2012, 01:37 PM   #296
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yea, I've been spending a lot of time with my reading and it's like dreaming with my eyes open.

Just finished 'The Kitchen House' and I couldn't open another book for two days just thinking about it......

Anyway, right now, I am so glued to the PG and actually have moist hands cause I'm so caught up with our friend and her case.

I've known her since our SS days, and we stay in touch via e mail, and this thing has got me on pins and needles. I am beyond nervous!

She has to be emotionally spent and even though she has off tonight, she will no doubt feel like a wet dish rag tomorrow.

Keep refreshing and won't close that window for 'nuttin'.
Old 10-04-2012, 01:40 PM   #297

I wonder if we are following the same thread?
Old 10-04-2012, 02:03 PM   #298

Yes, we are!! I am too. I hope that Anna gets her way in court today!!! So glad she did not agree in mediation!!!!

That darned scale is what I have to say. So teasing!!! I jumped on it and it said 122. So that is what I recorded. But when I hopped on 2more times I saw 121.8 and 120.8 so I know a whoosh is coming!!! Why couldn't it have come this morning???!!!! Ahhhhh.....P2 is so ick!!!!!
Old 10-04-2012, 03:27 PM   #299
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
I wonder if we are following the same thread?
Yeppers, I believe we are! I feel so light-hearted right now
Yelled out to Peter..........Yea, she won, she won! He yells back.....YEA!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawnyama View Post
Yes, we are!! I am too. I hope that Anna gets her way in court today!!! So glad she did not agree in mediation!!!!
This has to be one of the most historic posts on LCF..what a journey, eh?!

She held her ground and the truth won!!! I feel a re-birth of my trust in the court system!
Old 10-04-2012, 03:30 PM   #300

What a relief, eh???!! I was so nervous today because you really do not know what the judge will decide. Whew!!!!! I feel so much better, I cannot even imagine Anna's feelings right now.