Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-19-2012, 03:43 PM   #211
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: RileyWorm
Just realized I am at the same damn weight as when I started this journal in February. Well, at least I am maintaining like a champ! Grr! More motivated than ever to get the weights. I am going to put it off for another week or two and see if I still feel as strongly about it, then I'm going for it.
I was 139 this morning so I may be down tomorrow again. I ate super clean today. No workouts because a bit sore from yesterday. Tomorrow: cardio, and a whole body routine. When I get my new weights I will split legs, glutes, arms/shoulder, and abs, but until then I am doing whole body every other day.

*Clean eating and daily workouts
*Bikini Body Mommy Challenge
*Month 1 down, Month 2 started 8/12
*Goal: Fit into old clothes and overall fitness
RileyWorm is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-20-2012, 10:41 AM   #212
Major LCF Poster!

138.something this morning. i have been eating quite a bit the past few days; super clean, but very high protein. today i had 3 scrambled eggs and chocolate avocado mousse. i am trying to get into the whole strength training mentality, and from research i've read you need to supply your body with protein post-workout. so that's what i've been doing, even though I basically already do eat like this. protein every 3 hours or so. not hungry right now so may do a protein/peanut butter shake.

25 min. cardio this morning, going swimming after work, then more weights later....then settling in to watch DALLAS tonight!!
Old 06-21-2012, 10:29 AM   #213
Major LCF Poster!

Down a bit today. 138.something still though. I can't complain though because my workouts are defn. making a difference. Going this weekend to check out some dumbbell sets, still thinking about taking the plunge.
Today:
B- 3 eggs, coffee cream
S- avocado mousse
L- hamburger patty, cheese, some pickles
D - Don't know yet. Will probably go grocery shopping. I'm thinking zuchinni crust pizza?
Old 06-22-2012, 03:55 AM   #214
Major LCF Poster!

up a darn pound. UGGGHHH!!! i did eat probably a little tooooo much last night, but i was starving!!! going to keep it high fat today, and hopefullly will drop a bit. even though we are going to a winery tonight. yikes. i am just going to try not let the number on the scale deter me because i've been working out so much.
Old 06-24-2012, 09:49 AM   #215
Major LCF Poster!

goshdarn it 141 today. the weekends are blowing it for me. high protein today - tomorrow will kick off a Greek Yogurt/Fat fast alternating schedule. I CAN DO IT. i know this weight gain is only water. Plus I've been working out daily, although I know you can't outexercise bad nutrition but really I haven't eaten anything too bad! Grr! Once I get my weights I think I'm going to make an effort to NOT WEIGH.
Old 06-27-2012, 10:22 AM   #216
Major LCF Poster!

I was 139 yesterday and this morning I forgot to weigh! I know I was probably down too because I did another body wrap last night. Though temporary, down is DOWN! Nibbled on some not so good things today (food day at work) but still did 'ok'. I plan to do some workout later not sure what - probably abs and arms, my legs and back are pretty sore still!
Old 07-02-2012, 01:11 PM   #217
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: MsHistory
Stats: 163/148/125-130?
WOE: Hhcg
Start Date: February 2011
Oh my gosh, moving is a pain in the ace! Just wanted to check in a see how you're doing -- apparently awesome! So jealous that you've made the 130's stick, AND you're motivated enough to not let "skinny fat" be good enough... oh if I could just get back even to skinny-fat, haha!

I'm trying to get back to LDW; how did it get so far away!? Grrr....
MsHistory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 04:33 PM   #218
Major LCF Poster!

HEY! I was wondering how things were going!! How is the moving going???

I'm not doing as awesome as I want - still trying to get these 6 pounds off or so. It sucks~ everytime I start a yogurt day or a protein day something trips me up. Today was a protein day - though I had some tootsie rolls from the 4th of July parade this weekend. grrr...hoping that little bit didn't deter me but I'm feeling bloated. It has to be from the sugar. I am 'baking' my 'boiled' eggs right now so I am determined to eat those tomorrow. I am thinking I need to do like the Dukan induction and do protein for a week or so. I may have to start next week to give me time to clean out veggies, etc from the fridge.
Old 07-03-2012, 03:59 AM   #219
Major LCF Poster!

UP AGAIN. I am going to go with the idea that weight fluctuates up when you start lifting weights. I know I couldn't have replaced that much fat with muscle. All of my clothes still fit fine, I'm up a total of 7 pounds in the past two weeks. I haven't done anything super crazy. I don't get it. Trying to weather the storm and eat super clean. Today I am going to do an egg day I think those work best and for some reason I can't get thru a yogurt day.
Old 07-03-2012, 03:12 PM   #220
Major LCF Poster!

Once again my protein day was a fail. I had some popcorn at work. It could have been worse but of course now I"m bloated. I think I'm going to stay off the scale for a while. It is throwing me off. ALthough I notice lots of improvements especially in my hamstrings - my legs are turning into solid(ish) muscle and my arms too. So that has to count for something.
Old 07-04-2012, 10:28 AM   #221
Major LCF Poster!

So far so good today. I had a really good workout yesterday and today. I made a protein cake, chocolate raspberry. It turned more into a pudding but still pretty darn good. With something like this I think it will keep me from cookies etc. My only weakness is sweets (which never used to be before) because IMO there is no really good sugar free substitute for cookies, cake or ice cream.
I went for an hour long 'hike' today - where I live it is on top of a huge a$$ hill, so I walk down, and come back up. It's probably 1.5 miles each way or more. It takes me an hour to do and man am I whupped when I reach the top.
I've decided to stay off the scale for the most part. I might only weigh once a week and just get into the habit of protein days after any cheats I may have (which I already do anyway). I have finally decided that my jump in weight is likely due to my workouts because there is simply no other explanation. Though I drink alcohol on weekends and have some cheat meals, I have always done this all through maintenance with no problems. And the weight gain coincides perfectly with the weight training two weeks or so ago. All of my clothes still fit like they did so going to try not to stress out.
Old 07-05-2012, 10:29 AM   #222
Major LCF Poster!

having a rough day emtionally. Friends breaking plans with me and having another fight with the insurance company. Now I have to go back to work and I can't stand the thought. Grrrrrr.......
Old 07-05-2012, 04:26 PM   #223
Senior LCF Member

Oh yuck, I hate when people change plans at the last second! Sorry to hear that, and what's the deal with the insurance company? I hope your day gets better... sounds like it might be a good night for a bubble bath and a book or movie marathon! (Do you watch Modern Family? That's one of my favorite TV pick-me-ups!) Or maybe just a good night for some Captain & Diets!

I'm sure you're right about the gain being from working out; I think muscles retain water when they're healing? Nice job sticking with it for 2 weeks!

I saw the "baked" HB eggs thing on Pinterest; does it work?

Moving is an enormous pain in my ace! My boyfriend is in Montana, I'm at my parents' house in Wyoming, and we're trying to buy a house in Texas -- difficult to do from 1700 miles away! I'm so ready for some normalcy and stability; I hate being a vagrant!

How is the job hunt going?
Old 07-05-2012, 06:15 PM   #224
Major LCF Poster!

Oh no! That sucks! I thought you were in Texas already! I would be feeling the same as you. Hope you find a house soon! Where in Texas are you wanting to move to? My friend just moved back to Dallas area after living in Colorado then Washington for the past 4 years. I would love to buy a house, but yeah the job hunting SUCKS. I haven't been motivated to do much lately. The one job I really thought I had - well I didn't get it. I was really bummed because I really felt like they were talking like the job was mine and I was really disappointed because I felt like they strung me along a bit. So its time for me to get back on the saddle and get going on that again. I am just lacking motivation right now. I am on a mini-break from school (just taking one online class) so its hard to get in the mindset....grrr....I've been sending out resumes but doing it half heartedly....

The insurance company is not wanting to pay for my rental car for the days past June 22 - it has been a huge fight and the adjustor has strait up lied to me twice. The jist of it is that my car was scheduled to begin repairs on a Wednesday, and when the parts arrived on that Wednesday, one of them was damaged and they had to wait for the replacement. So now the insurance won't pay for the rental. It's a big long story but I called the adjustor and chewed his butt out (left a voicemail because he has never once actually answered his phone) - he left me a reply message that 'he misunderstood the situation and he would take care of the rental car.' now they're not and I had the rental car people call me and ask if I would cover any of the rental. I said HELL NO. I am the person WHO GOT HIT BY SOMEONE ELSE! You've got to be kidding me! What a damn mess the whole thing is.

Ok rant over - the baked boiled eggs turn out really well! I do mine at 325 for 25 minutes - if they are large or XL. If they are smaller I would cut back down to 20 mins. They don't look pretty but they peel so easily and they are perfectly done. So much easier than boiling and guessing if they are done!

There is a thread on the HCG forum for people who did HCG and are trying to lose the last 10 doing other methods - you should come join us! Did you end up doing HCG again? I remember you talked about it but wasn't sure if you started or not...
Old 07-06-2012, 11:30 AM   #225
Senior LCF Member

Oh my gosh, how long ago was the car accident?! Yikes, I'm glad you're okay! Insurance companies are always SUCH a pain to deal with... I'm glad you forcefully told the rental company to take it up with the insurance company. Let them fight it out : )

We were in Texas, but just to apply for a loan and look for a house. We're going back on the 17th to finish things up, and hopefully put in an offer! We're moving to San Antonio, which I loooove love love!

I'm def trying the baked HB eggs! I wish I was still working on my last 10... but sadly I have turned that 10 into 20, grrrr! Actually closer to 30 to get to my pipe dream goal!) I did start back on hcg about 10 days ago, but I am not even counting the calories. I'm eating only meat, LC veggies, and HCG approved fruits, skipping breakfast, lots of water... I would guess around 800-1000 calories per day. And as long as the scale keeps going down, I'm going to keep doing it this way! (I did celebrate this weekend, so I stopped dosing, and only set myself back a little bit...) This might all be a terrible idea that winds up with me not losing weight AND messing up my metabolism, but my jeans are so tight that I have to do something!

Seriously, I am so mad that I made it to the 130's and then completely blew everything!
Old 07-06-2012, 02:40 PM   #226
Senior LCF Member

Checked out the thread, thank you! Can I have your protein cake recipe?
Old 07-07-2012, 08:01 AM   #227
Major LCF Poster!

I know the feeling - I am almost 6 pounds up which doesn't seem like much but it puts me in the 140's and I'm not happy. Still going to blame the weights but now I can only blame myself - last night went nutso with a crescent roll/marshmallow dessert I made (we had a BBQ). And now I have all the yummy leftovers from everything in the fridge and I just wanna eat it all instead of my protein cake! lol!

I got the recipe from the rogues/alternatives thread but don't remember who posted it...

The protein cake is:
4 scoops of chocolate protein powder
2 tsp baking powder
2 tblsp cocoa powder
Splenda (I think I added 1/4 a cup but you may have to taste to see if its sweet enough I think the original recipe called for 4 packets?)
1 tblsp vanilla
That's all the original recipe calls for, then you add 3/4 c. water and microwave for 1 1/2 mins.
I added not quite 1/2 tbsp of butter (melted in the bowl first then swished around to coat the bowl then mixed it well...) and I subbed 1/4 cup of the water for milk.

THEN, you take SF raspberry jello and mix it with 1/2 cup water - when the cake is done crumble it in a dish, pour the jello over, mix it up a bit, then refrigerate. It's really good but I think next time I will leave the cake as is and leave the jello out. Or try a different flavor.

I've been wanting to experiment with pudding mix in the cake too but have to research it more. Also maybe swirling some cream cheese on top? Hmm..

Sounds like you're doing great with the rogue HCGing!! I may have another go of it in the fall time if I don't get to where I want to be. And I don't know what that is yet but I'm hoping when I get there I know. I never even dreamed when I first did hcg I would get in the 140's - my first goal was 150!! Right now the scale doesn't matter to me I just want muscles. Lol.
Old 07-07-2012, 10:01 AM   #228
Senior LCF Member

Gah, BBQ's! I sabotaged myself last night as well... I MEANT to go to the grocery store and pick sides that I didn't like, and I ended up bringing potato chips with ranch dip, and fudge brownies. And guess who couldn't stop eating them!

What type of dish do you microwave the cake in? I wonder if I should wait until after dosing to try that one...

Did I make it sound like I was doing good with hcg? Hahahaha, because I'm a big fat liar. I do GREAT all day long and then blow it at dinner, or on the weekends/holidays/regular days with too much Captain. Ever since round 1, I've never been able to get my head back in the game. And the 1 time I did, I didn't lose anyway!

You are really starting to motivate me to want to work out; keep it up!
Old 07-07-2012, 10:47 AM   #229
Major LCF Poster!

LOL WHY is it so hard to diet in summer? Whenever people are like, oh I'm shedding my winter weight I just don't get it! I always gain in summer time because of BBQ's booze etc etc etc!! Now the thing I'm becoming obsessed about is ice cream! I want it ALL THE TIME! The next town over just opened up a frozen custard shop, OMG. Been resisting 'ok' but I think about hopping in my car and driving to get some all the time. lol.

For the protein cake I used a medium sized microwavable mixing bowl. Protein powder is actually pretty HCG friendly, I remember about people using it on a rogue protocol. I think it stalls some people tho so who knows. Apparently you can just take one scoop and mix some water in and microwave to make like a mini mug cake/pudding. Haven't tried it but probably will soon...

My motivation comes from my cuz who lost 135 pounds and is a bodybuilder now. At first I thought she was crazy but then I realized if I wanna get rid of this muffin top dieting ain't gonna do it. lol. And then I got on Pinterest and I am obsessed with it and pin so many tips and recipes. It helps alot. Plus I'm really starting to notice changes and its only been 3 weeks!!

I know the feeling about the HCG - sabotage sabotage sabotage. Grrr. That's why I finally had to give it up for a while until I was in the right mindset bc I hated wasting my stash. I still have 1 full bottle and some pellets left in case of an emergency but I'm trying to resist running back to it until I give this a shot.
Old 07-07-2012, 11:00 AM   #230
Major LCF Poster!

Last edited by RileyWorm; 07-07-2012 at 11:02 AM..
Old 07-07-2012, 11:16 AM   #231
Major LCF Poster!

It won't let me type and add a pic - definitely what I need to hear right now - back on the wagon today hopefully.
Old 07-07-2012, 02:17 PM   #232
Major LCF Poster!

so aggravated again. Not only did I have my friend cancel on me last week, now I've had 3 friends cancel on me tonight, leaving me with no one to go out with and my plans ruined. I'm feeling selfish but so effin' aggravated. I was so excited but now I'm stuck at home. Don't have anywhere else to vent....
Old 07-08-2012, 09:24 PM   #233
Senior LCF Member

Ughhhh I had friend issues this weekend as well! So sorry you were stuck at home; like I said, I HATE when plans get tossed at the last second. Did they have good excuses? And did you find something to do? Does your boyfriend live nearby? If only you were closer; we could be such good drinking buddies, haha!

Trying the protein cake tomorrow because I have a bunch of Muscle Milk -- my fave brand so far! The reason I don't drink it on P2 is because I have to mix it with milk, and milk has lots of carbs... Did you make shakes with milk on P2?

I want to follow you on Pinterest and steal your recipes! Oh my gosh, while looking up my Pinterest info, I saw this ecard: "I can't go to the gym until I lose some weight." Is that not SO me?!?! Haha : )

I love love love the "one bad meal..." quote! However, I stared at the cheeseburgers on there for A. LONG. TIME. They should have it on a picture of like six-pack abs or something!
Old 07-09-2012, 10:23 AM   #234
Major LCF Poster!

I had a big long post typed and I lost it! Grr!!
My friends had good excuses for cancelling and I feel selfish for being upset but STILL!!! I was so pumped to have girls night out! Me and my BF live together and he had already made plans; he offered to cancel to go with me to the winery but I said no. Ended up his plans got rained out (and the winery too) so we both stayed home. lol. Too bad you aren't moving to ILLINOIS instead of Texas! LOL!!
My pinterest is /erinraebb - hopefully you can find it that way? I just mix my protein shakes with water, never did them on P2 because I heard some people would stall/gain, but sometimes I put a dash of HWC and some instant coffee - OMG YUM!!!
So did you end up having a good weekend anyway? We did go see Ted yesterday, so freakin' funny...I am still laughing today!
Anyhoo - on to diet stuff - retaining gobs of water and having tummy issues, I suspect due to brussels sprouts. Only protein and veggies today - I may do a fat fast this week. I dunno.
Old 07-09-2012, 10:49 AM   #235
Senior LCF Member

Ok well now I'm on Pinterest ... there goes the rest of my Monday! : )
Old 07-09-2012, 06:31 PM   #236
Major LCF Poster!

I can literally spend HOURS on Pinterest. I'm so addicted!!!! I think I'm going to do a GY day tomorrow. Still super bloated or something. UGH! I am up almost 10 pounds in the past few weeks! I can't believe it! It HAS to be from working out because I am not really doing anything differently!!
Old 07-09-2012, 06:34 PM   #237
Senior LCF Member

Ugh, today was blah. I finally get to see the bf tomorrow, so hopefully that will help. My son is with his dad for a couple weeks and it's hard to live normally without BOTH of them : ( So done living in limbo... we have a big week this week so hopefully I will have awesome news on Friday...

I keep hearing that Ted is HILARIOUS; maybe I do want to see it!

I was hungry all day, not sure what that's about. Pretty sure it's just head hunger, and I was home all day, so it might have just been boredom. And watching TV and Pinteresting make it so much worse! Hope you're feeling better! Retaining water is the pits, but it seems to be the cool thing to do this week!
Old 07-09-2012, 06:42 PM   #238
Major LCF Poster!

Oh no! That has to be miserable. Will your son go with you to Texas also? Are you expecting to hear back about a house on Friday?? GOOD LUCK!! Fingers crossed!!!
I didn't think I wanted to see Ted either but for some reason I agreed - it is pretty raunchy but I laughed so hard a few times I almost cried. I actually think I could go see it again.
Hoping your hunger improves!! You're still hcging right? I used to get like that when I was at home too - I would make coffee and drink it ALL DAY LONG. lol.
Off to Pin some stuff for an hour or so! lol!!!
Old 07-09-2012, 06:48 PM   #239
Major LCF Poster!

Are you Jessi L on Pinterest? Was going to comment back to you (if its you) but if its not I didn't want the real Jessi L to think I was weird. LMAO. If that is you - you are super tiny in your profile pic!
Old 07-09-2012, 06:52 PM   #240
Major LCF Poster!

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lx...un3do1_500.jpg