Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-30-2012, 10:23 AM   #181
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: RileyWorm
thank god 3 pounds down. 2 more for me to be comfortable, 3 more for me to be really happy!!
today:
b- greek yogurt/berries, coffee/cream
l - rotisserie chicken with mayo, some PB
d - maybe some bacon? or some more rotisserie chicken.
RileyWorm is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-30-2012, 03:07 PM   #182
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: MsHistory
Stats: 163/148/125-130?
WOE: Hhcg
Start Date: February 2011
Ooh I should try your CD's because they sound yummy... do you just get grocery store rotisserie chickens? I am so far gone that even a few CD's at this point won't even get me close to where I should be. I want to do hcg again but it's so hard with moving, travelling, etc etc etc. I should wear my swimsuit around the house for a day as motivation, yikes!

I lovvve GS's cookbook! Baked pepperoni's for chips? Yes please! He is brilliant, and I need to find some soy flour and pork rinds.

Congrats on yet another interview; that is AWESOME! Can't wait to find out which one is THE one!! : )
MsHistory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 04:09 PM   #183
Major LCF Poster!

I am never prepared for CD so I just mix up a bunch of stuff I have on hand, lol! As long as I keep it pretty high fat and high protein I usually drop it quick (as long as I catch it!!) I should have technically done a CD on Sunday, but I didn't, and I ate like crap on Monday too so that's why I am so so high.
I am impatiently waiting to hear back from job #1, I have called and left a message but hopefully they get back to me soon? I hope that's not a bad sign. I imagine they are pretty busy with it being a short week after the holiday. As of now I am telling myself I didn't get it so I'm not disappointed in case I don't.
I am soooo glad you like GS!! I love his books so much! If you visit his website there are lots of good recipes on the forums there too. Especailly desserts.
I am going to a body wrap party on Friday which I am getting excited about as I have seen wonderful results on people who have tried it.
Are you moved in yet?? How's the househunting going??

*Clean eating and daily workouts
*Bikini Body Mommy Challenge
*Month 1 down, Month 2 started 8/12
*Goal: Fit into old clothes and overall fitness
Old 06-01-2012, 12:02 PM   #184
Senior LCF Member

Just put your brussels sprouts recipe on the grill; I'm so excited! : )

So far, just moving out... we have until the end of this month, so we've taken one load to storage and have (hopefully!) one more left. Still waiting to get pre-approved for a loan, so househunting is at a standstill, although we've found a few that we love!

I'm excited to hear about the body wrap party! Is that the one that is supposed to release toxins and all that good stuff? I remember thinking that it could only help with water weight? Hopefully you love it; let me know!

I'm heading to GS's website now because I need a serious chocolate dupe!
Old 06-01-2012, 07:29 PM   #185
Major LCF Poster!

Home from the wrap party - it is the kind that releases toxins and water weight, and I believe lymphatic fluid too. Lost over an inch, but I have some crazy ridiculous bloat today so I expect to be slimmer tomorrow. I have before pics so I will take afters when my 3 days are up. I bought two more wraps to do on my thighs. Everyone I know who has tried them has raved about them, and my cousin is selling it now. I believe the results will last you 2 to 6 months, unfortunatley not a permanent fix!
Let me know how you like those brussel sprouts! I was just talking about them today and wanting to make them again! YUM!
Old 06-02-2012, 05:25 PM   #186
Senior LCF Member

Oh my gosh, that sounds awesome! I'm excited to see the pics -- can you notice a difference?

I overcooked the brussels sprouts and they were too mushy to handle, dang it. Leave it to me to be able to flub up a completely delish recipe, haha! : ) I did try them BEFORE I ruined them, and they were so good! So I will have to try them again with some minor changes...

I was doing SO good at eating LC, and then we spent all day today fishing on the river with nothing but chips to eat... boo.
Old 06-03-2012, 07:13 AM   #187
Major LCF Poster!

I hate mushy brussel sprouts!! Better next time, let's hope!
I really can tell a difference today, day 2. The ultimate results appear after 3 days, apparently. I forgot to measure yesterday. I wrapped the backs of my thighs yesterday, the lady told me it usually takes a few wraps to see noticeable results. I have another set of wraps to do them Tuesday night. So hopefully by the weekend I may see some progress. They do seem a little smoother already. Drat that damn cellulite! I am anxious to order the defining gel, the girl who had the party said that between the wrapping and the gel, her cellulite was gone.
Yesterday foodwise was oookkkkk....I had a protein shake for breakfast, plus the insides of a turkey sandwich, then we went to a fish fry and I had some stuff there, none of it LC really, then I had a LARGE DIP CONE from DQ. SOooooooo yummmmyy!!! I'm only up .4 from yesterday, so I'm pleased with that.
I hate being in situations where you are stuck eating junk! tho I love chips. and I hate taking my own food places bc people think you're a freak!
Old 06-04-2012, 05:00 PM   #188
Major LCF Poster!

Gosh darn it bounced back up but I think its due to 1) bathroom issues and 2) the hike I went on yesterday, I am a bit sore today.
Today's menu:
b - broccoli salad, coffee/cream
l - chef salad, some mixed nuts
d - Subway salad
OK just realized I only ate salads all day. If I get hungry later may get a protein shake. Not sure my protein was high enough for the day. Grr hope to be back down, the only 1 more pound til I'm satisfied for now!
Old 06-05-2012, 07:45 AM   #189
Senior LCF Member

I know! Why is it that people think you're SO crazy if you bring your own food? Once you start paying attention, it's crazy how many "all-american" meals we consume that are literally ALL carbs... but gosh they are yummy!

Broccoli salad sounds soooo yummy! Did you sub anything for the Craisins? And do you use any salad dressing on your Chef salad? I did okay yesterday until my bf fried up some Walleye and shrimp and OH MY GOSH it was so delicious. I wonder if it would taste as good with GS's recipe for breading?

I just remembered that there was also an incident with girl scout cookies, so nevermind. Yesterday was a bust, haha

What is your final verdict on the body wrap? Did you take your after pics?
Old 06-05-2012, 10:28 AM   #190
Major LCF Poster!

Final verdict on the body wrap = I think it definitely works. That horrid lower stomach bloat I've been dealing with for the past few weeks is gone. I did not take any final photos (yet) because: 1) I think my before photos from the front aren't accurate because they need to be taken from the same angle/same distance, so it distorts it, so my immediate afters don't accurately reflect the losses; and b) my before photos from the side aren't accurate either becuase my pants are higher in the first photo so it sucks in my bloat. I will still probably post them. At least, I am going to post the pics from the next one I do for sure. However, immediately after I had lost over 1". My thighs are a work in progress however but slightly improving.

I still ate the cranberries in the salad. It was good. I used the dressing it came with (it was prepackaged broccoli salad). On the chef salad and subway salad I had plain old Ranch.
STS today.
B- coffee/cream, GY with berries
L - asparagus wrapped in bacon and cheese
D - ?
Old 06-06-2012, 03:30 AM   #191
Major LCF Poster!

finally back down to 135. And I did a body wrap last night. Coincidence? I think not. I wrapped my legs and lower bum. While my cellulite is still there, my legs are definitely tighter, and when I took off the wrap I almost gasped - I could tell I definitely lost inches in my rump! My distributor said that though you will see results after 1 wrap, a complete body wrap is actually a series of 4. So after I get back from camping I am going to order some more.
Today:
B - salad
L - ??
D -??
I will update later.
Old 06-06-2012, 09:22 AM   #192
Senior LCF Member

Wow that is AMAZING! I will def have to look more into that when my life settles down a bit. What is the brand that you're using? I'm going to have to google this now to see how it works...

I really want to get back onto hcg... I can't shake this 10 pounds that I've gained back (after keeping it off for a year!) and it's so depressing. I wonder if I take hcg, and just continue eating low carb but restrict calories, if I could get anywhere... I hate dieting in the summer, boo!
Old 06-06-2012, 10:20 AM   #193
Major LCF Poster!

Me too! I did hcg on restricted calorie, higher fats (If you look back thru my journal you will find some of my menus) and I lost fine. All of my yo-yoing has been solely due to the fact that I indulge on the weekends. But hopefully 135 is here to stay. Definitely releasing toxins or something because bathroom visits like crazy today.
I am using the It Works! body wraps. If you have a distributor you can order thru them or else my cuz sells them and I can give you her webpage. All you do is order online. Easy!!
So breakfast was a ceasar chicken salad with boiled egg added, a protein shake, coffee/cream.
Lunch - a protein bar and some peanut butter
Dinner - some leftover veggies, then my grandma's birthday party so going to watch the sweets closely. I wanna stay at 135!!
Have you ever considered the Dukan diet? I did that for a month. I lost about 5 pounds tho I didn't follow it exactly. You start by doing protein days for like 5 days, then you alternate protein days with protein and veggie days. Plus you have to eat oat bran or something. Its an okay diet but might be easier than HCG right now. Once I hit 10 pounds I have to do something more than just correction days too.
Old 06-07-2012, 08:39 AM   #194
Senior LCF Member

I googled the wraps and and am super excited to hear how long your results last... but they sound like a perfect pre-beach-vacation idea!

Ok, I have had enough so I'm starting hcg today. I'm going to go back through and read all your posts and the other rogue LCF posts... but for a quick refresher, on hcg you eat high fat, high protein, and aim for about 900 calories per day, right? Does doing it this way make it easier to have a life, versus the strict protocol way where you pretty much have to be a hermit for P2?

Since I'll be all over the place this summer, I just found a weight tracker app (*********) for my iphone that I'm hoping will make it easier to keep track and stay accountable... yay for 2 loading days!
Old 06-07-2012, 10:06 AM   #195
Senior LCF Member

Re-reading through your journal... I had a lot of trouble with cystic acne too (so infuriating since the cause is hormones, and how do you treat those?!). I started using Clinique Even Better Dark Spot Corrector, and it has been AMAZING. I have no idea how it's helping, and I hate that it's expensive, but it has seriously been life changing for my face. Totally worth a try if you're still having issues with that, and Clinique is usually awesome about giving samples that actually give you enough time to really try out the product.
Old 06-07-2012, 10:27 AM   #196
Major LCF Poster!

I also used the Clinique system! I loved it. I squeezed about 4 months out of it but never bought it again. I have discovered to quit treating my face for acne and to begin treating it as aging skin (and I'm only 29 wth!!) I moisturize, moisturize, moisturize. I started out using Avon but now use Ulta brand products. Every once in a while I will get a cyst but it is so infrequent now. I will have a go with the dark spot treatment tho, thanks for the suggestion - the scars on my face are pretty bad. Not pits, but dark discolorations. They show up worse when I am tan. Grr!

My basic guidelines for rogue HCG was to shoot for 800-900 cals. Basically, I started eating P2 style, but just adding butter or mayo here and there and an extra serving of protein in the morning (eggs). It made a huge difference in my mood and hunger. I found it was easier to go out because I would still eat bunless burgers or fajitas without the wraps. Of course if I knew I would be going out I watched super close all day long. Just watch the alcohol. Plain vodka only, with water is best but I would use diet coke sometimes. The problem is alcohol would always make me HUNGRY! and chow down on nachos or tacos or something. LOL! The food tracker will help you so much. It did for me too. Have fun loading! So jealous! We are going on a float trip so I am watching it super close so I'm not stupid bloated in a bikini this weekend.

The girl who had the wrap party says she starts the wrap program 3 months before bikini season. She said it has done wonders for her cellulite. I read in my information packet thing that once you reach the desired results you only have to wrap once a month. Which is feasible financially. I just hope it works quickly and doesn't cost me a fortune! LOL! My cousin has already lost 4" and significant improvement on her stretch marks and cesearean scar.
Old 06-07-2012, 03:27 PM   #197
Senior LCF Member

Well maybe we both just outgrew the hormones that caused it? Whatever it was, I'm so glad! I have bad dark spots too, ESP after tanning I try to use lotion/spray more than actual UV rays but... I look so much better when I'm tan.

The floating trip sounds so fun! I hope I can wear a bikini again someday soon! Hopefully you guys will have some nice weather; I think we're getting rain : P Are you guys camping too?

Just tracking my food today, I realized that I have been eating WAY too many calories... I was thinking that as long as I ate LC, calories didn't really matter, but when you add in fat the calories increase REALLY quick. Ugh, why did I not consider this 10 pounds ago!?

Do you eat a lot of veggies as is suggested in the original protocol? (While on hcg). Cutting the alcohol is going to be difficult... why did I decide to start VLCD1 on a weekend?
Old 06-07-2012, 05:56 PM   #198
Major LCF Poster!

Yes lots of veggies! I allowed myself 4 cups a day. Essentially a day for me would be:
B- boiled egg or scrambled egg and coffee with cream.
L - some sort of protein, 2 c. of veggies, a little fat (butter, mayo, dressing)
D - same as lunch
Sometimes I would allow myself Sugar free hot chocolate or 100 cal popcorn, depending on how my day went calorie wise. I also would eat mushrooms, peppers, broccoli, cauli, and brussel sprouts. I expanded a bit because I was so sick of asparagus, tomatoes, and onions. A good meal was always P2 chilli, but I would add a little cheese and a little sour cream. Makes a world of difference ! Hehe!
My derm made it sound like hormones as in adult hormones, and not the same hormones that cause acne during your teens. Idk. He said, "It's hard to treat hormonal acne." I am assuming because I am older, so my hormones are different now? Not sure.
Yes, we are going camping too! Ugh! Going crazy planning and getting crap ready. Camping is not a cheap weekend getaway anymore. Almost $300 spent, could have went somewhere overnight in a nice hotel and nice dinner! Oh well, it is fun times. Just got done making hot apple pie mixed drink....after I had to go back to the grocery store for the THREE grocery bags we left at the check out!! What idiots we are!! LOL!!
Have fun this weekend! You will do just fine!! It is hard but the lucky thing for me was I was such a cheap date, 2 or 3 cocktails and I was good to go! As long as I could stay away from the snacking that came along with it....

Last edited by RileyWorm; 06-07-2012 at 05:57 PM..
Old 06-09-2012, 10:26 AM   #199
Senior LCF Member

Oh my gosh, camping is SO much work. But every now and then it's fun to go with a bunch of friends. I'm with you though, that sometimes I'd rather have a hotel and a nice dinner! Hot apple pie, mmmm! I've never made my own but I've had soem DELICIOUS homemade stuff. Do you use splenda for it?

Thank you SO much for the daily meal template! Did you weight your proteins?
Old 06-10-2012, 05:13 PM   #200
Major LCF Poster!

Yes I did. If they were a little above 100g I didn't stress. Some of my portions were 110-115. The hot apple pie was OH SO GOOD but definitely not diet friendly! One fifth Everclear, 1 gallon apple juice, 1 gallon apple cider, 4 cups of sugar and 8 cinnamon sticks. I don't think I went totally crazy, but from the lack of sleep, the sun exposure, and all the beer- I am UP UP UP from the weekend, super bloated. UGH! I think I am going to fat fast. Tomorrow's menu will involve HWC, cheese, and cream cheese. Maybe some bacon. I don't think I'm even going to weigh...How did the weekend go for you?
Old 06-11-2012, 10:17 AM   #201
Major LCF Poster!

Fat fast day 1. I didn't weigh this morning. Menu today:
B - 2 eggs, butter, mayo = 300
coffee/cream = 100 (400)
L- cream cheese, cheddar cheese (probably 400)
D - probably 4 slices bacon. That should put me right around 1000 for the day.
Tomorrow will probably be the same, or I may make a cream cheese mousse HWC concoction.
Old 06-12-2012, 10:10 AM   #202
Major LCF Poster!

Fat fasting today. I weighed in this morning at 139. UGH! I couldn't help myself but peek.
B - coffee/cream; creamcheese,hwc, peanut butter splenda concoction
L - cream cheese concoction
D - Bacon.
Old 06-13-2012, 03:14 AM   #203
Major LCF Poster!

138 today. I ate too much yesterday afternoon including mixed nuts and a hot dog. WTH! lol. I was so hungry all day, I was so tired too...today will be an egg (protein) day.
B- 2 eggs fried with slice of swiss cheese
L - probably HB.
D - scrambled, may sneak some bacon in there.
Old 06-14-2012, 03:51 AM   #204
Major LCF Poster!

My egg day yesterday was a huge success: 136.something. Today is another protein day. Hamburger patties for breakfast, not sure about the rest of the day.
Old 06-15-2012, 10:21 AM   #205
Major LCF Poster!

136 on the nose this morning. doing one more protein day before the weekend.
B- devilled eggs
L - hamburger patty with some cheese
D- will probably be eating out so maybe another bunless burger or steak or something.
HOpefully tomorrow I'll be back in the 135 ish, where I'll finally be comfortable. Then maybe I can drop a few more. I have some supplies on hand for a fat fast next week too.
Old 06-17-2012, 02:02 PM   #206
Major LCF Poster!

Maintained pretty well around 136 this weekend. Ate "OK" but could have been better - too much alcohol again. Celebrating father's day today, and tomorrow is going to be a fat fast. Planning on avocadoes and maybe even chocolate avocadoe mousse.
Old 06-17-2012, 09:03 PM   #207
Senior LCF Member

Ok I just had to pop in and tell you that I Got a kindle fire right before we started our drive to tx and I've read the first two hunger games books in 4 days... I looooove them!!!!

Cant wait to hear about the mouser!
Old 06-17-2012, 09:04 PM   #208
Senior LCF Member

Mousse... these are so hard to type on, haha!!
Old 06-18-2012, 03:55 AM   #209
Major LCF Poster!

mouser, omg dying laughing!!!! they are great books, i liked the 2nd one the best. have you seen the movie? I forgot if you said you did...I can't wait for the DVD now! And have fun with the Kindle, I have a Nook and it becomes an obsession! LOL! I spent so much money the first month or two I had it.

UP this morning - 140. GRR! Devilled eggs for breakfast, Lunch will either be cream cheese mousse or an avocado, and after work I'm making the avocado mousse.
Are you on pinterest? So many great recipes, and great workouts too!!! I spent hours on there yesterday!
Old 06-18-2012, 07:01 PM   #210
Major LCF Poster!

Avocado chocolate mousse is a success. I needed to add more sweetener to it, but it was still good. I'm currently considering starting a weight lifting regimen. I've finally realized that in order to get to where I want to be I need to do more than just 'lose fat'...I'm starting to get a 'fat skinny' look that I used to be okay with but now I'm ready to take it to the next level. Considering buying some awesome free weights but the cost is making me reconsider, but I know that it is worth it....decisions decisions...currently doing a super light weight workout so if I stick with it I need to amp up the weight. I'm just worried that I won't follow through...grrr....