Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-30-2012, 04:41 PM   #121
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: RileyWorm
So I have to update:
I was doing good, ate my avocado, ate some cheese and some sunflower seeds. THEN, my aunt brought me oatmeal squares my grandma made and knows I LOVE. So I ate them both. Tonight we are grilling cheeseburgers and hotdogs and I will have one of each (bunless of course). Staying off the scale tomorrow!
RileyWorm is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-01-2012, 08:25 AM   #122
Major LCF Poster!

Off hcg for now. I'm in the 136pointsomething range. I hope to maintain here until after Easter. I'm doing P3 until then, then start HCG again on Monday. I have 10 pounds more to go and if they come off as easily as these last ten I should be done in no time!

School is starting up again tomorrow night, and I'm already super stressed. I have some major projects coming up and I am dreading them!
Old 04-04-2012, 12:53 PM   #123
Major LCF Poster!

135.2 this morning. I have been in P3 all week. I am going to start hhcg on Monday again. Hopefully these last 10 pounds just MELT OFF. I will probably 'try' to keep my calories closer to 500 and lessen the fat a bit. We will see.
Old 04-11-2012, 12:49 PM   #124
Major LCF Poster!

Maintaining in the 136's. My new goal is 129, planning to start the last leg of this very long cycling next Monday.
Old 04-12-2012, 09:33 AM   #125
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: MsHistory
Stats: 163/148/125-130?
WOE: Hhcg
Start Date: February 2011
I'm back! And super jealous that you made the mid 130's stick!!! I am right back where I started; not surprising considering Ecuadorians served NOTHING but carbs at every single meal... it was NOT good.

I started the hcg again today and am also doing a fat fast to hopefully jump right back into losses ... we'll see if it works. You should post your P3 menus because it seems to be working really well for you!

I'll be done with FF by Monday when you start hcg, so I'm glad I'll have those menus to steal as well!

I'm going home to Wyoming this weekend and will be stopping at Sephora on the way -- you have convinced me that I MUST have the Naked Pallette!
MsHistory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 01:18 PM   #126
Major LCF Poster!

135.8 today....

oh gosh I have been eating CHOCOLATE like crazy. Like really a lot of chocolate. Yesterday I had FOUR pecan/toffee/chocolate square things, a Cadbury egg, an Oreo ball, two McDoubles without buns...I may have had a boiled egg in there or so...and I was DOWN a lb! I don't get it. I even had pizza over the weekend, and some potato chips! And dont get me started on what I ate on Easter! The last real P3 I tried I gained 6 pounds in one night from going to an Italian restaurant and getting Chicken and a Salad, no pasta... I think that my rogueness has helped my body adjust to P3 better, I dunno...?
For the most part I try to stick to lots of eggs and Greek Yogurt for my main foods during the day, a little veggies here and there, usually with dinner. No fruit except blueberries. I will keep better track for you. Though I'm going back to HCG on Monday for the last few pounds.

Did you have fun on your trip??? Was the food yummy at least? Did the kids enjoy it? Detail! I'm sure your pounds will come off super fast.

Let me know how you like the Naked palette! I really want Naked2 also, but I only wear makeup like twice a week so I hate to buy it when I just bought Naked a few months ago. I want the Book Of Shadows too, hautelook has it right now for $24~~normally $68!!! But I just went to ULTA, and spend gobs there on stupid nail polish! AAAGGHHH! I have a problem.

*Clean eating and daily workouts
*Bikini Body Mommy Challenge
*Month 1 down, Month 2 started 8/12
*Goal: Fit into old clothes and overall fitness
Old 04-13-2012, 06:50 AM   #127
Senior LCF Member

Awww I just noticed that my big long post didn't actually post, boo! I will try to re-type it...
Old 04-13-2012, 04:59 PM   #128
Major LCF Poster!

today was okay until i had pizza hut for dinner - 1/2 of a personal pan pizza and 1 breadstick. so, not TOO bad, but it was hard to make a decision because we were at a taco bell/pizza hut so the options were very limited. i start P3 on monday so i don't think the damage was too bad...
otherwise, i also had coffee/cream, HB egg, some pork steak, and lima beans. then PIZZA HUT for dinner. :/
not weighing tomorrow.
Old 04-14-2012, 08:57 AM   #129
Major LCF Poster!

134.4 - my lowest ever. It's crazy. I guess the Pizza Hut was my good luck charm. TOday we are going to a birthday party so who knows what there will be to eat. Cake!
Old 04-14-2012, 10:39 AM   #130
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: adelinesdream
Stats: 300/170/155
WOE: low carb;hcg
Start Date: August 8, 2008
Rogue HHCG

Is this working
adelinesdream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 06:28 PM   #131
Major LCF Poster!

adelinesdream-
Eating rogue has worked for me. As of right now, I am not on hcg, I am in a short P3 before I go back to hcg next week.
When I eat rogue, I try to keep around 800 calories, eating P3 style foods. My Fat, Protein, Carbs ratio is usually 60-25-15.

Today I ate DQ Ice Cream Cake, - omg so good! Worth it even if I'm up tomorrow.
Old 04-16-2012, 03:37 PM   #132
Major LCF Poster!

back on hcg today. just as rogue as ever -
B - coffee/cream, 2 HB eggs (100, 150)
L- 2 slices of cheese (had to eat in a rush, blah!) (180)
D - PB (150 cals worth) and some of my mom's chicken parm (don't wanna think about it!)

So I was waaaaay over today, I don't think I will gain but I probably won't lose either. Oh well, back on track again tmorrow....I have like FOUR dozen eggs to get through so I will be eating LOTS OF EGGS.
Old 04-19-2012, 01:50 PM   #133
Senior LCF Member

I'm so jealous! But I can tell it's because you have way more self control than I do... if I went to Pizza Hut, there would be a LOT more than 1/2 a little pizza missing!

I was out of town again all week, and ate terribly again... Not really even sure what to do from here. I feel like my motivation is completely gone because I starved myself and lost almost nothing.... but I also know I am NOT happy about my jeans being so tight! Idk... P3 correction days maybe? I never know how many calories to eat in P3, argh!

I quit my job on Friday and am officially moving to Texas at the end of this school year!
Old 04-20-2012, 04:57 PM   #134
Major LCF Poster!

mshistory, i have my moments! It's been so long since I've had super carby foods so those two slices of pizza and breadstick was SO filling. I have no idea why I am maintaining so well, it is so strange, considering on DOOMS DAY (Valentine's Day, I call it that because of the epic gain I had and have had trouble getting below that point...) I ate at an Italian restaurant, no pasta, had chicken with broccoli, and salad, and GAINED SIX POUNDS. And that was near the end of P3!!!

I don't count calories in P3. I just eat what I want, when I want. Normally that works well for me. I barely ate any carbs in P4 besides the occasional whole wheat bread or pasta, and quinoa. I would suggest getting an Atkins/low-carb cook book. I have 3 of George Stellas and they have lots of good recipes! I think the key to a successful maintenance is eating a big breakfast with lots of protein. I used to skip breakfast, now I never do.

Anyway, day 5 of the last leg...I went crazy on some chips and ate my last Cadbury egg (do you see what I meant about self control?) But in the whole scope of the day my calories are still low. We shall see what the scale says. I was 134.2 this morning.

Congrats on the move!! Texas will be quite a change from Montana!! Have you found a job yet? I have another interview on Tuesday, and this one sounds the most promising yet but have learned not to get my hopes up.
Old 04-22-2012, 10:37 AM   #135
Major LCF Poster!

134 even today. I didn't take any hcg yesterday because I was so busy and I just skipped it altogether. "shrugs" I ate a Sonic burger, no bun, sweet potato tots, a Nutty Bar, and had some wine. I should have blown up like a balloon. And why did I eat all that crap when I just had gone shopping and bought 2 pairs of shorts that I can't afford to gain any weight in order to wear them! LOL!

Today I think I'm going to stay off the dosing again. Lined up I have veggie quiche, no crust, and porksteaks later. Lots of water.
Old 04-23-2012, 10:52 AM   #136
Senior LCF Member

The low carb cookbook is an AWESOME idea, why didn't I think of this? It's also so hard now that I am cooking for someone else who does not understand how it's okay for me to eat a bunless/no ketchup Baconator, but carrots and bananas are no good...

I am also going to try eating breakfast... my problem is that I like to eat later in the morning, but I'm already teaching by then. Any good high-protein breakfasts that travel and refrigerate well? Right now I'm just doing a 10am protein shake, and starving by lunch time!

The other thing that is sabotaging me is that since we're moving soon, we are trying to eat everything that's in the cabinets. I have never noticed that EVERYTHING in the cabinets is carbs, ugh!

Your 134 is really motivating me, (Since I am getting farther away from it!) so I'm going to try to stop with the excuses now : )
Old 04-24-2012, 06:48 AM   #137
Major LCF Poster!

Don't be too jealous, the weekend caught up to me, and on top of it I am sick now, so I am up to 135.8. :/ Seriously retaining water, my tummy is totally paunching out lol! But its only Tuesday so I should be back down by Thurs/Fri. Then getting thru the weekend again is the hard part!

I'm lucky that I can eat breakfast at work, so I take things like veggie omelettes and bacon or sausage..I just made a crustless quiche I've been eating, and I make breakfast casseroles in muffin tins. If you want stuff you don't have to heat up, I take stuff like chicken/tuna/egg salad, ham and cheese rollups or turkey and avocado rollups, hardboiled eggs or devilled eggs, Greek yogurt with berries or almond butter or both. And always coffee with lots of cream! And snacks like nuts, string cheese, and pepperonis are always good to have too. That's all I can think of right now. But I know I really do better when I have a good protein packed breakfast because then I'm not starving all day and wanting to nosh on vending machine crap!

I hear ya with the boyfriend thing. I just make my low carb dish and make him a side of mashed potatoes, mac and cheese, or whatever. He doesn't mind it then. I find that he will eat almost anything low carb as long as I don't stress that it is 'diet' food! If I get time later I will post a few recipes that my BF loves too. One is a Southwestern Taco soup (someone else posted on here), the other is crockpot chicken broccoli and cheese (George Stella cookbook, you should look into getting these I make something from him probably once a week). Hot wings are always good too.

And I've done the cabinet cleaning out - ugh!!! Last time I had a bunch of cake mixes and cookie mixes and stuff - oh geez!

Off work today, preparing for another interview. I have to take assessment tests, AHH! So I'm home studying. Wish me luck!
Old 04-24-2012, 01:31 PM   #138
Senior LCF Member

You are brilliant; I am making a grocery list! And adding George Stella to my bday wishlist! : )

I'm sorry you're not feeling well, hopefully you will be feeling better soon! Is your interview tomorrow? GOOD LUCK!

Have you started back dosing on the hcg yet? I got derailed and still have yet to go back... We are taking my son to TX this weekend (Where the food is AHHHHHHMAZING!) so I'm thinking I should maybe just try for low carb until things get settled after this summer. (So much for being skinny by summer, ugh!)
Old 04-24-2012, 05:41 PM   #139
Major LCF Poster!

Hey! Yeah I'm back on the hcg today and yesterday. I have some avocadoes in the fridge so may try an avocadoe chocolate mousse I saw somewhere? and fat fast a day or two. The George Stella cook books are really good, and if you check out his website there are some recipes posted online too. The Ricotta Cheesecake is AH-MAZ-ING!! He has lots of recipes for meatloaves and lots of different ways to make cauliflower too. Plus lots of desserts. Did you ever get the NAKED palette? I just bought the Sephora brand bronzer palette OMG it is wonderful too. I MUST stay away from those stores!!

My goal last summer was to be 125 after my 2nd round, but I only ended up losing like 10 pounds instead of 20 like I wanted! Summer is SO hard because everyone has BBQ's and there's homecoming picnics and all kinds of stuff going on so its harder to watch. Plus all the boozin I do in the summer too.

I still feel pretty crappy - I don't want to go back to work but I guess I have to...BOO! And then on top of it I have class tomorrow night. Going to bed early tonight for sure.
I *think* I may stay off the scale until I feel better...
Old 04-26-2012, 09:05 AM   #140
Senior LCF Member

Okay I love avocados, but I'm a little wary of mixing them with chocolate, haha : ) You should post that recipe too if you get a chance, or at least the website where you find it. My bf made the most AMAZING guacamole (Gotta love him for being a Texan!) last night, but I really need to find something to eat with it besides corn chips... And we are going to Texas today where ALL the guacamole is amazing, I'm so excited!!!!

Since my bday is only about a week away, I decided to wait to buy the Naked Pallette until after my bday... I'm hoping I will get 1 for my present and then I can go buy Naked 2! I will definitely check out the bronzer pallette too; my Sephora shopping list is getting so long! I can't wait!

BBQ's and boozin' ... I'm already looking forward to summer Hope you're feeling better!
Old 04-26-2012, 10:22 AM   #141
Major LCF Poster!

Guacamole OMG I LUUURVE IT! Pork rinds maybe? I know some people make chips out of shredded cheese too but I've never done it so not sure how it works.
The chocolate avocado mousse - I think the recipe was on the Fat Fasters thread maybe? I'm not too sure about it either but I am willing to try most things if they have chocolate in them!
Oooooh happy birthday next week!!
134 today again, I hope to be in the 133ish range tomorrow!!! All this work just so I can gain on the weekend again
Old 04-27-2012, 03:59 AM   #142
Major LCF Poster!

134.4 - no surprise there since i ate a piece of pizza from papa johns....i could not resist....anyhoo, today:
B-Chicken cesar salad, 230
coffee/cream, 100
L-? some chicken? 180ish? PB? 200ish?
D? No clue.
As you can see I have no menu planned for today. Maybe some GY I haven't had that in a loooooong time.
Old 04-30-2012, 12:50 PM   #143
Major LCF Poster!

I went a little crazy over the weekend, which was a free for all of pizza, chips, wine and a DQ blizzard. Only up 2 but still feeling super bloated uggghhh...start over AGAIN today. Trying a GY day. bleh.
Old 05-01-2012, 09:10 AM   #144
Senior LCF Member

I know, those gosh dang weekends. I am SO far away from goal, but my GOSH was the Mexican food good! : )

Did you stop dosing this weekend? I'm still unsure what to do since I have so many things coming up that necessitate cheating... Cinco de Mayo AND a bday party in one weekend.... maybe I should set Monday as a re-start date? Idk but I'm definitely trying the chocolate avocado mousse as soon as I get some more avocados!

Any word from Tuesday's interview?
Old 05-01-2012, 05:46 PM   #145
Major LCF Poster!

Kindof...I've been working with 'recruiters' who help you find temp-to-perm positions (allegedly) and apparently they are notorious for not communicating well- however, she called me back, but still no interview lined up. However, I am working with a different temp agency also so I am hopeful that something comes from this for sure. All I am looking for is a place to get some entry level experience since I didn't get to do an internship during undergrad...it sucks going back to school while working full time, because I feel like I missed out on stuff. Thanks for asking though, I will keep you updated! The best part about it is: the interview TODAY was near ULTA! Yay! They have these little makeup kits that have 6 sets of shadows with blushes (like smoky, pretty and polished, glam, etc) with 6 eyeliners and two lipglosses! 20 bucks! Plus nail polish was buy 2 get 1 free, then the Ulta brand polish was buy 2 for $4!!! So I got some good bargains.
Not even going to weigh myself tomorrow = chocolate covered almonds, I need to give them away!!!!! I am off hcg. I think I may be done for a while. My supply is dwindling and I don't want to waste it by jacking around. I am 6 (136 currently) pounds from goal, and I think that I can get back down to at least 133 on my own. I am planning on protein days alternating with FF until Saturday...we'll see how that works out. And I need to make the chocolate avocado mousse too!! Did you find the recipe? Did anyone say it was good? I may do that on Thursday. Tomorrow I won't have time to make it, I have an appointment after work with the career center at school. grrr.
Old 05-03-2012, 08:15 AM   #146
Senior LCF Member

Ooooh working near Ulta would be awesome! Except, I would probably have to ask my employer to just direct deposit my checks to Ulta, haha : ) I have never been inside of an Ulta, but I saw a HUGE one right down the street from where we will be staying this summer while we house shop -- YAY!

Keep posting your menus for protein and FF days! I don't know what my problem is lately, but I'm hoping after this weekend's bday festivities I will be able to buckle down again and stop ballooning... yuck. I'm hoping I get a GS cookbook for my bday, and I MUST find a chocolate replacement soon!

I'm not sure if it will let me post a link, but here is the post I found that has a couple avocodo/chocolate mousse recipes... One is a youtube video, so I think I might try that one! (And whoever posted that they got a bag of 20 avocados for 99 cents is seriously making me green with envy!) Hopefully I'll have time to make some this weekend!
Old 05-03-2012, 08:16 AM   #147
Senior LCF Member

Oh my gosh, I'm an airhead....

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/lo...else-knew.html
Old 05-03-2012, 10:31 AM   #148
Major LCF Poster!

Well, yesterday was a food day at work, so I had JUNK. Then I kept going with that theme and had a BLIZZARD.
So today I've had 2 HB eggs. Lunch so far was a cookie (BAAAAD!!!) and I might have some cheese. My menus lately have been awful but I will post anyway...maybe so you can see what NOT to do, lol. Holding pretty steady in the 135ish-136ish range, but wanna get back down to 134 for sure. And even though I'm maintaining I've got some serious 'wheat belly' going on and retaining water in my lower abdomen pretty badly. I've started doing callanetics again because I always see instant results from that so that may help.
Tonight will probably be a bunless burger from somewhere, me and my mom will be out and about running errands....wanted to try the avocado mousse but maybe I'll do that this weekend - my boyfriend is out of town this weekend, going to the Nascar race in Talladega. So it's just me and the dog! And I won't have to hear any 'ewww gross' comments about my avocado chocolate mousse!!!
Old 05-04-2012, 10:24 AM   #149
Major LCF Poster!

135.4 this morning. I'm happy with that.
Yesterday I had:
2 HB eggs, 2 cookies, hot wings, some fried cauliflower, and a salad.

Today I've had:
leftover hot wings, some chocolate almonds. Out to dinner tonight so probably a steak/bunless burger/chicken? with salad.
Old 05-08-2012, 10:25 AM   #150
Major LCF Poster!

136.6. Too high for my tastes. Doing a quasi correction day not sure what you'd call it---leaning more towards a Fat Fast.
B- 2 avocadoes
L- some cheddar cheese and some peanut butter
D- not sure maybe something with cream cheese, or bacon, or eggs.
I may start hcg again next week Monday and commit to doing it more strictly so that I can get these last 5 -6 pounds off for good. This weekend is just too hectic to consider starting any time before then - baseball game Friday which will include massive qtys of beer, and probably hot dogs and nachos too, Saturday is my brother's graduation so out for dinner then, and Sunday is Mother's Day.

On another note, I got called in for an interview for Thursday after a phone interview and online assessment last week. The job would be perfect for me so please pray that I get it!! I have a good feeling about this but hate to get my hopes up.
Also, in addition to my Birchbox I get every month now I started getting a Julep Maven box too - it's all nail polish stuff - 2 polishes plus products that equal to over $40 a month but you pay $19.99...the first month was intro price of one penny! i couldn't pass it up, especially since you can opt out at any time. I am so excited to get it!!!