Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-19-2012, 12:44 PM   #91
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: RileyWorm
I am up too, but it should come off quickly. I did not do a protein day because I had: Guinness chocolate cake and Bavarian coffee cake calling my name ALL DAY. I went ahead and had some. Shame on me!

Those pounds will be off before you know it! I don't ever eat anything close to Dr. S's protocol so it's up to you what you do. Originally I was going to do some CD without HCG but just jumped right back in. I never know what I'm going to do until I wake up that day.

St. Pat's was SO much fun!! It started out here at 80deg. and ended up storming its A$$ off so we were home much earlier than planned.

WOE: General Low Carb
Goal: 20 lbs to lose
9/14 - 5 lbs down, 15 to go.
RileyWorm is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-19-2012, 12:57 PM   #92
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: MsHistory
Stats: 163/148/125-130?
WOE: Hhcg
Start Date: February 2011
Oh my gosh, I'm not even judging. The amount of cake, brownies, and bacon/cheddar cornbread that I ate (in addition to the gallons of homebrewed beer) would put a football player's diet to shame. It was awesome. (I do realize that this attitude is the reason for my needing hcg in the first place...)

Are there any rules that you do tend to follow? It seems like you always try to keep it high fat and around 1000 calories. Do you try to eat lots of protein? And do you ever use coconut oil?

I'm in Montana, so we will not see 80degrees for QUITE some time, but we've been getting close to 70 which I will definitely take! Last year at this time we were still snowboarding every weekend and having blizzards! (And not the yummy kind either!)
MsHistory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 08:34 PM   #93
Major LCF Poster!

You are too funny! I hear you! I should have thrown the cakes in the trash...luckily I was able to reign it in. Now I think the BF polished them off, so no more temptation! lol! I got into some super bad habits from holiday bingeing and it is so hard to me to get past those habits. I'm getting way better though. Normally I could have eaten a whole darn coffee cake. PLUS, we had weenies wrapped in bacon with brown sugar, French toast casserole, breakfast sandwiches, wine slushes, and hurricanes. So you could say I definitely enjoyed my day(s) off!

My basic guidelines are allowing myself P3 foods. I try to keep the cals to around 250-300 per meal, with 900 being my highest limit for the day, sometimes I'm successful sometimes not! I eat 'some' coconut oil, but usually on on fat fast days. I don't really like to cook with it.

On fat fast days I go up to 1000-1100 cals, and try to get my calories from fat to at least 85%. So I eat lots of cream cheese and HWC. I haven't done a true fat fast in a few weeks though. Most days I just end up eating P3 style, low(er) cal, high fat.

Tomorrow's plan:
Tuna salad with mayo probably for breakfast and lunch, and maybe Steakums with veggies for dinner. (I should add that I am also not super strict about counting calories from veggies.) I have GY in the fridge I need to polish off too so maybe Wednesday I'll try for a GY day.
Old 03-20-2012, 11:25 AM   #94
Major LCF Poster!

Didn't weigh this morning. I'm enjoying time off the scale.
Today, I had a serious bout of either IBS, tummy flu, something. Had to come home early from work. Not counting calories, I will eat what my tummy can handle.
So far I've had:
B- sausage/cheese/eggs, coffee/cream
L-a slice of cheese, some PB, a SF PB cup.
Dinner will probably be a smoothie of some sort.

I have spent the whole day sending out e-mails and resumes. Keep fingers crossed for me. Something has to give soon.
Old 03-20-2012, 12:08 PM   #95
Senior LCF Member

Ok seriously, I swear we are living parallel lives...?! I am also stressing and resume-blasting in order to prepare for a move to Texas this summer. This whole recession is making the process nearly impossible, and it's so frustrating to feel like all that hard work getting through college was just a waste, since I'll be lucky to find a job waiting tables at the rate it's going! Fingers and toes are crossed for you... what field are you in? I'm in teaching and as much as I love it, it is NOT a good time to have this degree.

I ate a ribeye steak last night that was delicious and lost today, so I am really hoping that adding more fat into my P2 is going to work for me too... Can't decide what to try first: P3 style day or a Fat Fast... at least both options involve bacon!
Old 03-20-2012, 12:20 PM   #96
Major LCF Poster!

I'm currently getting my MBA with accounting emphasis in preparation for CPA examination, but no real job yet! There are so many out there but I am having difficulty making a break-through. I know that eventually my hard work will pay off but it is getting frustrating. Teaching here is a super-lucrative field (Illinois) since the state is broke and so are the school districts. It is hard to find teaching jobs here so I feel your pain. I guess you teach history? Good luck to you! Moving to Texas from Montana sounds exciting.

Ribeye=my fave. So glad its working out for you! I am so glad I found I could eat other foods than strict P2 and still lose. If I had to eat chicken breast, any kind of seafood, asparagus, tomatoes, I was going to scream! I know the hcg works so I didn't want to give it up entirely so I just tweaked it. And made sure I could add bacon. I just need to stay away from alcohol for a while. LOL!

So far today is going to be a huge bust but I think I needed it. I ate what I felt like, which included some little weenies with bacon and some dark chocolate. If I stop now I think I'm under 1000 calories still. Staying off the scale tomorrow no matter what.

Last edited by RileyWorm; 03-20-2012 at 01:08 PM..
Old 03-21-2012, 10:15 AM   #97
Major LCF Poster!

Today: no weigh in.
B- 100 cal popcorn, coffee/cream (204)
L- smoked sausage (210) cheese (100) = 310
D-Steakums with peppers and onions.
Old 03-21-2012, 01:47 PM   #98
Senior LCF Member

Nice job; that's a lot of work! I was considering going back for an MBA to make myself more marketable, so we'll see what happens in Texas... Good luck job hunting. It's a big pain in the ace, but it will be worth it to get that perfect offer!

My day yesterday was also terrible -- cookies AND cake, wth?! I have no willpower past day 21. And today I ate cheesecake, what is wrong with me?!

For SURE doing a fat fast tomorrow, so hopefully I'll be able to say no to sugar for an entire day so I can see how I respond to it. Otherwise, I'm calling it quits at almost the exact same LDW as R1. R2 is a bear and I'm so over it! I'll post my FF menu later so you can tell me what you think!
Old 03-21-2012, 09:07 PM   #99
Major LCF Poster!

My mom suspects my stomach problems are from not eating GY for a few days. So I just ate some mixed with some PB and Splenda .... SO GOOD! Hopefully the bacteria do their magic and ease my stomach. So well over 900 cals... I feel like with having such long and active days that I personally need more cals, so we shall see. Still not going to weigh tomorrow.
Old 03-22-2012, 09:38 AM   #100
Senior LCF Member

Doing FF today, so excited to be skinnier tomorrow!

Also, how BIG of a gain to you usually see with a night of Vodka/Diet Pop? I reeeeally miss going out!
Old 03-22-2012, 10:26 AM   #101
Major LCF Poster!

If I drink just plain vodka and diet cokes, I usually see a big drop the next day, then I'm up a bit from the big loss for a few days and the scale won't move. I still usually net a loss though. My gains have all been from beer and flavored vodkas this time. Usually 3 pounds up and it takes forever to get off again it seems!!

Happy fat fasting, you will LOVE IT!! It is kinda hard the first day because your calories are so condensed you don't really get much food, but after that it is a breeze! Be sure to keep me posted! Hopfully you will see a BIG DROP!

Today:
No weigh. Stomach problems persisting, BOO! I will be over cals today I think. I haven't really weighed or measured anything.
B- GY with berries and PB, coffee/cream (estimating this whole thing at around 400)
L- tuna with mayo, cheese (250)
D - ?
Old 03-23-2012, 08:17 AM   #102
Senior LCF Member

Oh my gosh, Erin! I LOVE THE FAT FAST!!! 2.6 pounds, that's a record for this round! Are you hungry on FF days?

More good news... I learned that vodka has 0 carbs, woohoo! And neither does sugar free jello... see where I'm going with this?

Are you feeling any better today? Hopefully the GY helped. Are you still making your own?
Old 03-23-2012, 10:24 AM   #103
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsHistory View Post
Oh my gosh, Erin! I LOVE THE FAT FAST!!! 2.6 pounds, that's a record for this round! Are you hungry on FF days?

More good news... I learned that vodka has 0 carbs, woohoo! And neither does sugar free jello... see where I'm going with this?

Are you feeling any better today? Hopefully the GY helped. Are you still making your own?
YAAAYYY!!! SO HAPPY FOR YOU! I love the fat fasts! I was hungry the first day or two, then I got used to it and hunger subsided drastically after that. Now I can do them no problem if I ever get motivated enough to do it again. I like to do them for 3 or 4 days and never have enough food ready. BUT, getting a big bag of avocadoes from Costco, so Monday may be the day!! Stomach feeling better, but I can tell I am retaining some serious water in my belly, it is so bloated! UGH!

I am not a big hard alcohol drinker, but vodka with diet coke and limes are good...just stay away from the flavored vodkas, LOADED with carbs! Not a big Jello fan (my mom would make me eat it when I had stomach flu, yucca!) but SF popsicles/fudgesicles are good too!! Lots of ways to eat around the original Protocol!

Today:
We are grilling so keeping it higher protein.
B- 2 scrambled eggs, coffee/cream
L- tuna with mayo
D - whatever's on the grill!! Plus going to make some turnip gratin. High cals but hopefully I can keep portions small.

Going to go see the HUNGER GAMES TOMORROW!!! SO EXCITED!!! Hope you have a nice weekend!
Old 03-24-2012, 04:46 PM   #104
Major LCF Poster!

137 this morning! Back to my weigh on last Saturday! Today, I have been slightly naughty, I had some buttered popcorn at the movies, and too much SF candy. My stomach is crazy rebelling against me today. We ordered Pizza, I got chicken strips. So I will be higher carb, higher calorie today. Not going to weigh tomorrow, I don't think. :/
Old 03-25-2012, 01:33 PM   #105
Senior LCF Member

How was the Hunger Games?! Hopefully it lived up to your expectations

Yay for your 137, that's awesome! ... I'm excited that I only netted a 1 pound gain from this weekend. (back at 140.0, ugh!). I'm fat-fasting today, and I think tomorrow I'll try eating P3 while still taking hcg. How many calories do you think I should shoot for?

Also, do you buy or make SF popsicles/fudgesicles? I have been dreaming about fudgesicles since I read that on Friday! And I am also jealous of the Costco avocados... mmmm!!!!
Old 03-26-2012, 04:03 AM   #106
Major LCF Poster!

well, I am up to 138.8, but it should come off quick today. Back to P3 style. Once my avocadoes ripen I'm going for some fat fasting.

I shoot for around 800 cals but have gone as high as 1000 and still lost. You can buy sugar free fudgesicles at your grocery store, they are so good!! I am going to have to go buy me some. You can also get sugar free candy at the grocery store in the candy aisle; Russel Stover makes good ones. I bought the sugar free Reeses and not as good as the Russel Stover. The turtles are good too. But the malitol makes my stomach hurt big time so its best to only eat a piece or two (not the whole bag like I did!)

The Hunger Games movie was SO GOOD!! I want to go see it again! I also need to re-read the book, but from what I remember the adaptation was spot on. Only a few minor changes but it made the flow of the movie much better. I was mesmerized by Jennifer Lawrence, she really played the part perfectly and she is breathtaking, IMO. So pretty.

Hope you had a nice weekend! With some more fat fasting those couple pounds will come right off!
Old 03-26-2012, 09:13 AM   #107
Senior LCF Member

I agree, I LOVE her as a brunette! I'll have to try to drag my bf to it... it should be easier than convincing him to take me to The Vow, which I never ended up getting to watch, haha!

I looked for SF fudgesicles/popsicles, but could only find "No Sugar Added"... And the only SF candy was Werther's and Hershey's Chocolate (which I am NOT complaining about!) Next time I go to the "big city" (I live in the middle of nowhere, ugh) I will have to look for all these things!

Trying hcg plus P3 foods today, and I'm nervous because I'm trying to imitate your diet, but I'm not sure what to focus on... protein? fat? only on calories? I really want to hit 135 before I leave for Ecuador on Friday. 4 pounds doesn't seem like much, but I seem to keep pingponging right back to 140.0.

How many days in a row have you fat-fasted and had good results? Maybe I should keep doing that?
Old 03-26-2012, 10:21 AM   #108
Major LCF Poster!

No sugar added is the same as Sugar Free. Just check to see if it contains aspartame or sucralose instead of sugar. That should be what you're looking for. I live in the boonies too, at least 30 minutes from a real city (St. Louis). So if I want anything good I have to drive. Ugh!

Basically I really focus on high protein with added fats. The veggies come secondary as I don't really count them toward my cals since I only eat them once a day. So, like today I ate Full Fat Greek Yogurt with berries (the only fruit I eat), lunch will be Tuna with Mayo, and dinner will be chicken with some veggies, but I will cook it in butter or some oil.

I've fat fasted for 5 days with decent results (5 lbs I think), the problem is if you do them too frequently they lose their 'spark', not sure what word I'm looking for. You will probably be okay fat fasting in to a transition to P3 since you are relatively new to fat fasting. That is why I have waited so long to do them again, because I was bottoming out on them for a while.

I Love her as a brunette too, so much better than the blonde! Luckily I had a little cousin who wanted to see it so I took her. I think my BF would have liked it though too, good special effects and violence, so maybe yours won't complain too much.
Old 03-27-2012, 03:37 AM   #109
Major LCF Poster!

137.4. I'm getting there! By tomorrow I better be in the 136s!!
Today:
I have no clue what I'm going to eat. Maybe an avocado for breakfast, then??? I have some cottage cheese that needs to get eaten so maybe I'll eat that.
Old 03-27-2012, 10:28 AM   #110
Major LCF Poster!

SO, I think I have an appointment with a recruiter tomorrow! Fingers crossed! I am so excited! The girl I have been e-mailing is so friendly so I have high hopes we will hit it off and things will progress from there and she can help me!!

Today I've had:
B-some GY with berries, finally the last of my homemade. Probably 200 cals worth. Coffee/cream, 100. (300)
L - 2 egg omelette with a slice of cheese (360)
Dinner will probably be some rotisserie chicken with mayo.
Old 03-27-2012, 01:47 PM   #111
Senior LCF Member

WOOOOOO!!!!! That's so exciting, I can't wait to hear how it goes tomorrow! Does she recruit for a specific company, or for the University? Fingers and toes crossed for you!

And an extra yeehaw for 136! I swear, these 130's are a bear, ugh! Are you just eating 800 calorie P3 without hcg drops? Even with the drops, it's hard for me to only eat 800 calories when 2T of mayo can make up like 25% of your meals for the day!

I ate light today so I could make P3 pizza tonight, SO excited! (Crust is made of chicken and egg, and it's AWESOMEEEE). And I guess today will be my last day of hcg in prep for the big trip!

Still SO SO glad I found you so I am no longer eating chicken and lettuce and gaining -- you're a lifesaver!
Old 03-27-2012, 02:34 PM   #112
Major LCF Poster!

Have fun on your trip! Where exactly are you going? For fun or business? So jealous! If it is a tropical climate even more jealous! It is near 80 here but would love me some lounging on the beach (with a 'rita in hand, of course!)

I have been taking hhcg this whole time, but I have been doing this so long it seems that 800 cals are easy-breezy. When I drop to 500,then I have problems. Not hungry, but blood sugar crashing feeling and brain fog. I am glad that it is working for you, I know if I had not tweaked the diet to suit me I would have crashed and burned long ago. Two rounds of protocol last year was enough to burn me out for a while.

The recruiter works like this:she gets paid by companies if they choose her candidate for their open position. So, she will (hopefully) try her darndest to help me polish my resume, distribute them, prep me for interviews, etc. At least, from what I understand that is how it usually works...so let's hope she decides to take me on! The recruiting agency she works fo rrecruits for finance and accounting positions. I got her contact information through the university and have been emailing with her the past few days.

Thanks for your well wishes! I will update as soon as I can tomorrow!
Old 03-27-2012, 09:50 PM   #113
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: TerriMM
Stats: 147/143/128
WOE: LC
Best of luck Erin! With the recruiter and the scale
TerriMM is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 05:46 AM   #114
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning! Thank you girls for your well wishes!!
Drumroll please:
.......136.6!! WOOT!
OF COURSE, it will probably be back up tomorrow because I have a lunch appointment with Sara (recruiter) at The Elephant Bar so I have no idea what I am going to order. Lets hope I can find something besides just a salad...!
So, I don't know what my day looks like day wise. I took the whole day off of work so I could mentally prepare and wouldn't feel crazed and rushed this morning. Lots of coffee!
Old 03-28-2012, 08:41 AM   #115
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: TerriMM
Stats: 147/143/128
WOE: LC
TerriMM is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 09:19 AM   #116
Senior LCF Member

Thank you! I am actually taking students on a trip to Ecuador and the Galapagos Islands, so it should be fun, even if a bit stressful... I am DEFINITELY going to need some beach time with a 'rita when it's over, haha!

I stopped taking hcg as of today... I'm nervous because I think I'll be so hungry and blow everything. And honestly, I'm only 4 pounds less than my LDW from a year ago.... so 8 pounds for a 4 week round. That really sucks, and when I get back I think I'll go straight back into fat fasting. Why can't this 20 lbs come off as easy as the first 20 did?!

The recruiter sounds like a great deal, especially because she will have motivation for getting you a job. Good luck, can't wait to hear how it goes!

And by the way -- I am NEVER allowed to by sugar free chocolate ever again. Zero self control, haha!
Old 03-28-2012, 01:20 PM   #117
Major LCF Poster!

Hehe the SF chocolate gets me every time! The Russel Stover turtles are my favorite! I eat the whole bag every time, even though there's only like 4 in there!

I think you will do just fine on your trip! It sounds fun, and what a great opportunity for your students!! I would have loved to have done something like that in school. High school/junior high? Or elementary? Either way, you will be so busy you will probably just burn off anything you might gain!

Things went very well at my lunch today, Sara seems very knowledgeable and helpful, which is what I need. She is going to get back with me with any matches she has for me. Then we prep for interviews, and the rest is up to me! I feel like I am finally getting somewhere.

So of course, for a mini celebration, I went to Sephora and bought a bunch of stuff I don't need, at all!

Lunch was an Asian Thai chicken salad with avocado, OMG delish! Then I got a small whole milk latte at Starbucks. So I am going to take it easy at dinner tonight - maybe just eggs or cottage cheese.
Old 03-29-2012, 07:48 AM   #118
Senior LCF Member

Ok Erin, there is NOTHING that is in Sephora that you do not NEED, haha I LOVE that store! I really want the Naked Palette, I love those colors. And I can't live without the Urban Decay primer and Makeup Forever HD makeup. Oh my gosh I miss that store and want to go there right now!

Yesterday I was COMPLETELY derailed by chocolate. I was so stressed out that I just threw up my hands and gave in... I know it was terrible, but it made me feel better, haha. So today is already a CD... thank goodness for GY!

I'm glad things went well with the recruiter -- it's a great feeling when things feel like they are moving forward. So excited for you!
Old 03-29-2012, 10:24 AM   #119
Major LCF Poster!

YOU MUST GO GET NAKED PALETTE RIGHT NOW. It is amazing. I get so many compliments when I wear any of the colors. I want Naked2 but I am so in love with Naked that I don't want to spend another FIFTY dollars on it. I bought UD LipLove yesterday - I've been wanting it a while and finally just got it. It goes on like butter. You should get that too. I have lots of things on my wishlist right now, but I need to go to Ulta - Sephora has crap for nail polish, really.

Chocolate gets me every time. I don't really miss sweets otherwise, but give me a chocolate bar, look out! I love it! I have zero control too, which makes it worse. But Greek Yogurt is awesome so at least you have a yummy CD.

Sara (recruiter) has already emailed me about some open positions, so fingers crossed she can set up interviews for me! I am just so happy that things are moving along, you have no idea! I have been going to school pretty much since I graduated high school (10 years ago) so to finally see my hard work slowly paying off, makes me so happy.

I was down to 135.6 this morning, YIPPEEE!!!
So far today I've had:
B-coffee/cream, 3 york peppermint pretzel things, 1 avocado
Lunch and dinner, NO CLUE. Tonight I may make bacon and call today a fat fast day. So for lunch maybe I'll eat some nuts and cheese or something.
Old 03-30-2012, 03:41 AM   #120
Major LCF Poster!

STS on the scale. I'm okay with it though, I ate some wHeat Thins and some Kisses yesterday. :/ Other than that, I had avocadoe, coffee/cream, cheese, pecans, and bacon. Today I will probably eat the same because I need to go grocery shopping.

Any exciting plans this weekend? For once I think I plan to catch up on some sleep. Usually I am so busy running,running,running. I think we might go Jeepin' on Sunday too.