Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-15-2014, 08:02 AM   #961
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: RileyWorm
Ever since we came back from camping I've lost all motivation and not been eating the best. Back in the saddle today - working out now and then going to go grocery shopping. I was going to do herbalife or something but decided to save my money. I found a cool YouTube Channel that I'm hoping to start doing the videos on there. Anyway. Hope all is good with everyone. How's the puppy?
RileyWorm is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-16-2014, 11:32 AM   #962
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: TerriMM
Stats: 144/142.7/130
WOE: IE/M&E
I need to get my Mo Jo back too. This week was my birthday and Iíve had too many splurges. Iím starting to feel it in my clothes. DH is out of town this week so that should make it a little easier. I also want to get my strength routines back going. Since Iíve had the pup my routines have gone out the window. I did start walking again at work today. Iíve been so busy even that stopped.

Gus is great. Itís amazing how big heís getting so fast. Yesterday he had a case of the terrible twos, but all & all heís a real sweetheart. Darn near, if not, potty trained (no accidents for a few days. Sitting on command and doing real well with the crate. And starting to behave better with the kitty. Tomorrow will be his eleven week birthday.

How did Otis do camping?
Old 06-16-2014, 05:39 PM   #963
Major LCF Poster!

he did great! after toeing the water a bit, he got right in and started swimming! didn't leave my side or my lap all weekend. he's such a baby. literally had to lay him down for naps, lol! anyhoo, he liked it a lot more than riley did. she hates water. sounds like you are doing great with gus! gotta love a house trained puppy! it took us forever to house train otis, which the vet assured us due to his circumstances it may take more patience than usual. only have accidents if he's in the house too long which are very infrequent. lol @ 'terrible twos' haha!

2 days of workouts down! woot! kindof doing an IE/lowish carb WOE. feeling fluffy but should subside soon, i hope!

*Clean eating and daily workouts
*Bikini Body Mommy Challenge
*Month 1 down, Month 2 started 8/12
*Goal: Fit into old clothes and overall fitness
Old 06-17-2014, 09:40 AM   #964
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gus loves water. I can hardly keep him out of the sprinkler. I canít wait until his Parvo shots are done and we can take him out in the world.

You inspired me. I broke out the weights and got started back lifting. Of course I ate the entire two serving flat bread pizza, butÖÖÖÖ.. thatís another story.
TerriMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 04:33 PM   #965
Major LCF Poster!

3 day weekend killed me. too much beer, waaay too much food. back at it tomorrow. luckily i have a freezer and fridge full of food from last grocery trip. protein and veggies for me all week! i did pretty well with my workouts last week too.
Old 06-23-2014, 08:26 AM   #966
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yep, yep time to shake off the June Birthday indulges. Low carbing IE with continued lifting and walking. Still a month before I can take Gus out walking 22lbs of puppy bouncing off the walls.
Old 07-06-2014, 09:44 PM   #967
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Well it turns out a lab pup is more than two fully employed people can handle. I donít know if Brandy (our last lab/border collie) was that much easier, we didnít have the same house and yard we werenít willing to sacrifice or if we are just in a totally different place in our lives, but we realized early on that Gus was just too much for us. We decided it was better for Gus to make the decision quickly rather than draw it out so he had puppy bonding time with his new family. We took him up to North Eastern California this weekend to his new home. He has 22 acres of rough & tumble foothill high desert, a big German Shepherd brother and a new owner that is a retired teacher with all the time in the world to offer a growing and learning lab puppy. Itís a little sad around here but the pictures his new owner sent us showing how well heís doing really helped.

Other then that I'm ready to dump the 4# I gained during June, so tomorrow Iím starting M&E eating with the IE principals.

How are things with you?
Old 07-12-2014, 07:04 AM   #968
Major LCF Poster!

SHOOT I just lost my whole post! As I was saying, I know what you mean about Gus. Puppies are a lot of work! Luckily our two came to us in late puppy stage/early teen years so they weren't too difficult. Sad that you had to let him go but happy he found another wonderful home! Things on the puppy front at this house aren't looking too good; Jon is wanting to adopt another dog (a 10 year old senior boxer whose owner died and needs a nice home to finish out his years) which I'm not happy nor very supportive about, especially since we found out yesterday Riley has a tumor they suspect to be a mast cell. She is having surgery on Tuesday and I'm hopeful and optimistic they caught it in time. However not happy about taking on additional dog responsibility. Jon has already committed to getting this dog, so it's created some tension here. Anyhoo I know everything will be just fine and trying not to worry.

As far as dieting/weight loss/etc -- I've decided that I need a plan with daily motivation and set rules; so I'm going to do the 'bikini body mommy' challenge. She has 2 90 day workout challenges for free on youtube and she offers a meal plan for $9 a month. I think I'm going to do the meal plan just because I had good intentions every week but excuses and laziness always catch up to me. Even if I'm not crazy about the recipes it is a good foundation to start with. So I plan to start that on Monday (the workouts) and hopefully I'll be able to buy the meal plan and go grocery shopping in a week or so.
Old 07-12-2014, 10:02 AM   #969
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

So sorry about Riley. You just wish you could explain it to them and tell them everything will be okay. Sending puppy prayers your way
That's a tough one about the other dog. Kind of the last thing you need right now. But maybe it will be a blessing in disguise.

I'll have to look up the bikini mom stuff. Sounds fresh and exciting. Sometimes, for me, that's the best part rather than going back to same ol', same ol' even if it worked great before.

I did two days of M&E and only lost .40. Switched back to IE and am down 1.4 after three days. To be fair, I am back to exercising, some lift/squats, lots of yard work and power walking. That slows the scale numbers, but I already "feel" better and slimmer. I'm just going to continue with IE and not diet, but focus on eating the healthiest options possible. And keep going with the exercise at every possible opportunity, but do something every day. I'll check out bikini mom videos for sure.

Hope you have a great weekend!
Old 07-14-2014, 05:46 PM   #970
Major LCF Poster!

Sounds like you're doing well and caught that 'water' weight early! I feel like if you get rid of it quick it's just water weight, whenever I don't do anything about it it turns into blubber. It doesn't even make sense but I swear that's what happens! lol.

Day 1 officially done of bikini body mommy. I really like her and I enjoy her website, instagram, etc. First workout was 'ok'; challenging and I'm ready for more! I'm not following her meal plan until I get most of the stuff out of the fridge. She does a paleo approach so I'm waiting til my yogurt and cheeses are gone before diving in. If you'd like some receipes or her meal plan just let me know and I will send some to you. I think you'd really like her workouts, what drew me in is that she does them all with you and she's very likeable, and also you don't need any equipment besides a chair and some dumbbells!

Riley's surgery tomorrow. I'm trying to remain as optimistic as I can. It will be a hard day at work tomorrow. Thanks for the prayers.
Old 07-14-2014, 09:47 PM   #971
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

She's a hoot! I wasn't following along since I just finished with my lift/squat/abs workout, but just watching gave me some cardio breathing Might be a little too much jumping for me but I might give it a try. Reminded me about my body flex breathing exercises though. I'll have to get those started again.

I'll be sending happy puppy thoughts to you all day and prayers to Riley
Old 07-17-2014, 07:20 PM   #972
Major LCF Poster!

Surgery went fine! I had barely gotten to work and they already called. We just have to keep a very close eye on her and catch the tumors early (if she ever even gets any more). A little whiney and spoiled the first night but back to playing already! She appreciates the happy puppy thoughts and so do I!

So day 4 of bikini body mommy. I've been eating well. Today I had a breadstick and the past few days I've had skittles. Blood sugar feeling a little unsteady since I haven't been eating enough or often enough but am hopping on her meal plan next week once I have some stuff eaten up. The workouts are going great. I have been working out on my own off and on for a few months, and this lady is kicking my butt! Goes to show I wasn't giving it my all on my own. I'm optimistic! Been texting my friend whos doing it with me every day. (PS she let's you modify pretty much every move! So jumping can be kept to a minimum.)

Anyway happy Friday tomorrow! Any weekend plans?
Old 07-17-2014, 08:07 PM   #973
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I've been on baited breath, but didn't want to ask. Congratulations!!

Sounds like I better get myself in shape if I'm going to give that a try What's her meal plan like?

I've been doing my lift/squats/abs for a couple weeks as well as a bunch of gardening and power walking. I'm already starting to feel improvement. My weight loss is lagging but if I continue to see improvements in my clothes, I'm not going to sweat it.
Old 07-18-2014, 03:12 PM   #974
Major LCF Poster!

I can email you some more details but basically it is paleo. Limited carbs. Some recipes I may have to modify or substitute completely since I'm not a huge fan of fish, but I've seen lots of egg and breakfast recipes (WITH BACON!), bacon guacemole bites for snacks, bunless hamburgers, etc. I think she limits dairy aside from greek yogurt and butter or ghee. I am grocery shopping Wednesday hopefully to get what I need to get going. Send me an email or PM me, I don't think I have yours anymore.

Anyway. It's Friday! Woot!!!
Old 07-18-2014, 03:37 PM   #975
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Mostly just wondering at this point. IE is quite addicting. Being able to eat anything I want is something Iíll be hard pressed to set aside unless I just lose control of the rest of the concepts and start gaining.

A big WOOT on this side of the world for Friday!! Any big plans?
Old 07-27-2014, 04:07 PM   #976
Major LCF Poster!

Well two weekends passed now, we had a fish fry yesterday and holy cow did I drink WAY too much and also ate too much haha. The bikini body mommy challenge is going wonderfully. I missed 2 days of workouts this week but I am planning to double up this week to make up for it. The nutrition is getting there. I'd say I eat on plan about 75% of the time but last week went out for Indian food (my first time, and it was AWESOMELY DELICIOUS!!!) plus fish fry yesterday and hungover munchies today. I can tell small changes, just over all slight shrinking I think. Nothing that's going to get me into smaller clothes yet but I definitely see positive changes.

How have you been? Did you do anything exciting this weekend?
Old 07-27-2014, 09:00 PM   #977
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi Erin,
Sounds like a great weekend and way too much like my morning. DH had an old air force buddy come for the weekend he hasn't seen in years. Lots of conversation accompanied by too much wine. I got up early to make breakfast and was grateful our guest had not stirred. So back to bed for a hour Breakfast IE well done, then shopping the tummy went crazy for pop tarts, yah really. But I will say I only had one package. Another day I may have had one box. Since I'm supposed to honor my hunger and I did without the binge that could have been, I'm good. Since I got back on track July 7th I've been doing "something", exercise wise, every day. I am starting to feel the difference in my clothes and see the difference in my waist and even seeing my collar bones re-emerging. Funny I never thought about that before. Someone here mentioned seeing her collar bones again and ever since that's been a measure for me. I even look for them in old pictures. I'm not in smaller clothes yet either, but I will say that I feel better in the ones that were beginning to get a little too snug.

Hate to say it, but happy Monday. How's the new job settling in? How's Riley doing?

Last edited by TerriMM; 07-27-2014 at 09:02 PM..
Old 07-28-2014, 03:35 PM   #978
Major LCF Poster!

Man I could eat some poptarts! Brown sugar and cinnamon, YUM!!! Riley is doing well besides the fact that she is having difficulty accepting Louie. Had a few attacks, luckily he's so easy going otherwise I'd have a blood bath on my hands. We've been separating the 3 dogs (she does fine as long as Otis isn't around to stir the pot, he never instigates attacks but his presence makes her crabby towards Louie) so they go outside in shifts and are only all allowed together under very close supervision. Louie also then gets separated from the other 2 when we aren't around. I'm hoping for the day when I can trust her but that is a long time coming.

Still going strong on Bikini Body Mommy. Maybe we finally discovered the secret - slow and steady and consistent? Maybe? lol
Old 07-28-2014, 06:19 PM   #979
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Slow, steady and consistent would suit me just fine. I keep reminding DH that 1# a week equates to 52# a year. What if we started this a year ago?

Sounds like you've got a bit of a "threes a crowd" thing going. Maybe Riley is afraid Louie is going to steal her new buddy.
Old 07-29-2014, 06:17 AM   #980
Major LCF Poster!

Yes it's very frustrating for me. I am angry at Jon for not thinking this through when he brought Louie in for numerous reasons. Luckily he seems happy here and hasn't shyed away from being near the other two. Like right now we are all resting peacefully on the couch with Riley snuggling with Louie. It's very strange. haha.

Yep i'm just going to trust the program at this point. Not weighing at all. Day 90 will show results if/when my clothes finally fit normally and I see the after pics. I'm able to keep my nutrtion pretty reasonable, just the few cheats I've had need to cut out and results will come quicker. I am still going to allow myself one 'cheat' meal or dessert a week. You just have to, to stay sane! lol

Last edited by RileyWorm; 07-29-2014 at 06:18 AM..
Old 08-02-2014, 03:24 PM   #981
Major LCF Poster!

Well week 3 is done of the bikini body mommy challenge. Still have a ways to go but I'm proud that I've stuck with it this long! I have a love/hate relationship with working out and it's nice remembering the reasons why I love it! Nutrition still needs work. I can tell some improvements already but reminding myself it's only week 3 so not to get down on myself for not already being 30 pounds down! (Need to forget that HCG mindset!)

I had to work today so it's going to be a laid back weekend. Of course I'm on the job hunt once again. I am so miserable at this new job I think about up and quitting pretty much every day. The dentist doesn't like me for some reason and is pretty hateful towards me. My boss has had numerous talk with him but nothing has really changed. Of course since he is the dentist, what are they going to do to him since he is the one bringing in all the money. Anyway. Trying to keep my chin up until I can find something else. I've been applying for jobs with a frenzy that I didn't know I had. lol.
Old 08-03-2014, 08:16 AM   #982
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Great job with sticking with it! The first couple weeks are the hardest. All you feel is the soreness but very few results. Iím just about done with my forth week and just starting to feel a positive difference in my abs. I can tell by my jeans I need to focus more on my butt and thighs, so thatís where Iím headed this week. Iím going to start incorporating an exercise from slow burn each week to my regular lift/squat/abs and Pilates. If HCG losses were sustainable, that would be one thing, but as much as I would love to be back at that weight, I wasn't happy with the scrawniness that started to appear and I want a life and a way to fit into my clothing on a permanent basis.

Sorry about the job. I went through the same thing at my job a few years back. Only it was the bossesí mother and one of the bossesí wives. Talk about a no win situation. Fortunately I out lasted them, but I had my resume dancing around town. I inadvertently applied at a company where the owner was a friend of one of my bosses and I think that got their attention in a good way. But sometimes jobs, like relationships are just stepping stones to where youíre really headed.

How are the doggies doing? Gusí new family has sent me some pictures and videos of him and his big brother. He looks so happy. I know we made the right decision, but I still miss him a lot.
Old 08-03-2014, 03:46 PM   #983
Major LCF Poster!

They are doing well. We haven't had any incidents in a week so let's hope that trend continues. Of course we gate Louie in our bedroom. He seems to like it back there, his bed is back there and he likes to hide in our bathroom so he has his own little suite back there. But now he is proving that his 'old man hips' was just an act - he ran away from me the other morning at 6am and I was all over the neighborhood in my pajamas! I'm sure it's hard to let Gus go, but like you said, seeing pictures of him all happy probably helps alot!

Ugh I sure wish I could outlast the dentist but I don't think that's going to happen. His ego is bigger than I don't even know what so he will probably work there until he dies (he is literally almost 90 years old and I'm not even kidding) and I don't think I can last that long. lol. Regardless the job isn't what I thought it was going to be anyway so I don't really want to waste any more time there. It's funny because I even mentioned that for an office full of women, it is funny that the only person who causes any drama is the 85 year old man that works there. I will be telling my boss however whenever (if) I get an interview. I've been dropping not so subtle hints for a couple weeks already.
Old 08-03-2014, 07:39 PM   #984
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Kind of funny, kind of sad, sometimes I think some people use drama to prove they're still relevant against those who they're afraid might prove otherwise.
Old 08-04-2014, 05:07 PM   #985
Major LCF Poster!

Exactly. This morning I was just sitting here thinking that he honestly ends up looking like the bad one and thinking how ridiculously funny it is that he has nothing better to do than ***** about me. Changes my outlook at work but doesn't change the fact I want to leave, lol.
Old 08-11-2014, 07:12 PM   #986
Major LCF Poster!

Well the stuff really hit the fan last week and the dentist had a totally psychotic episode last week. Currently it's being reviewed with executives and legal team, and he might be getting fired. Fingers crossed as it would make my life much easier! I haven't been looking for a job with the gusto I had last week, this week I'm focusing on working out, meal prepping, and keeping up with all this dog hair, lol. The dogs went and got groomed and 'shed ex', they are all now wearing tshirts (LOL!!!) and are no longer allowed in our bedroom on the bed. It's amazing the difference in hair in one day!!!! Anyhoo. How was your weekend?
Old 08-11-2014, 08:57 PM   #987
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Boy I sure can't say I miss the dog hair. With one short haired dog the house always looked like a barbershop LOL.

Fingers crossed that the dentist cooked his own goose. Is he the only one in the office? I wonder how soon it will take to find another.

Sounds like you are rocking your plan. I'm doing okay. I was up 1/2 lb which is not a tragedy, but since I was up .80 last week, this is not moving the right direction. I'm focusing on whole foods this week and trying to avoid sugar as much as possible. DH is trying to do Fat Flush so that only helps.

Good luck at the office!!
Old 08-12-2014, 05:49 AM   #988
Major LCF Poster!

I'm getting pretty tired of it I have to admit; however I can't complain about it when I haven't really been trying to keep up with it. New rules in the house is me and Jon each swiffer morning and night. Its been helping alot, along with the silly t-shirts.

I have a feeling when cooler weather hits we will be on track! I have too many distractions/events in summer time. Today officially started month 2 of the challenge. While I didn't see stellar results in the first month, I feel now the habit is made and the workouts will become easier. I keep reminding myself it will take a while to get where I want to be! Meal plan started today too. On the menu: pumpkin muffins, trail mix, salami and swiss snacks, tuna salad with tomatoes, turkey sausage with roasted squash. Plus yogurt when I want it and cream in my coffee (my two 'cheats!').
Old 08-12-2014, 06:46 AM   #989
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Well that sounds downright yummy. I usually give myself six weeks to notice exercise results. The changes start taking place on the inside first.
Old 08-13-2014, 10:44 AM   #990
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: MsHistory
Stats: 163/148/125-130?
WOE: Hhcg
Start Date: February 2011
Wow, Erin! Way to go sticking to the workouts! Is the menu all pre-planned for you, and do you have to cook each night? Fingers crossed you get results with the menu PLUS working out! And I'm happy that your trio of fur babies are all learning to get along <3

Terri, I'm sorry that you had to give up little Gus, but labs can DEFINITELY be extremely high energy! There are SO many good pups out there that need good homes, so I'm sure you and the hubby will find the one that belongs with you guys! Also, I'm impressed with your willpower on IE! All I would hear is the "eat anything you want" part, haha!

So, a few days after starting HCG we went on a week long impromptu vacation. Then we bought a house in Houston, moved out of our apt and into the house, went on a cruise to Mexico, then found PIPER, the puppy love of our life! Then went on another vacation. Sooooo needless to say, the HCG did NOT go well, haha But everything is great and I LOVE our new house and puppy. I think she is a wheaten terrier, and she is absolutely PERFECT! I can't imagine why anybody would ever let her go!!

Anyways, once things get a bit more settled, I'll be back on the hcg train... AGAIN. For now, I'm just trying to stop the bleeding. It's pretty bad... trying to do a salad for lunch (always ends up covered in cheese, ranch, and sunflower seeds, tsk tsk). I need to find some good recipes and start cooking again!
(Gained it all back, need to reevaluate my habits)
R3: (5-30-14)
Week 1:
Week 2:
Week 3:
Week 4:
MsHistory is offline   Reply With Quote