Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-08-2014, 06:46 PM   #931
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: RileyWorm
aaahhhhhH!HH!HH!!! PUPPY!!!! What's his/her name? I'm so excited! I am a crazy dog lady lol.

Well day 3 down. It went well. Now a 3 day weekend to get through. :/ I think I can do it!!! I'm eating more protein than I'm really supposed to but I feel its harmless. Today in fact I only had protein. hm. Anyway, haven't weighed at all and not planning onit. Just wanting to get into my clothes!
RileyWorm is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-08-2014, 07:49 PM   #932
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: TerriMM
Stats: 144/141.7/130
WOE: IE/M&E
Size and being happy in your own skin is all that matters. What does a scale number mean anyway?

His name is................................................ ............... we don't know yet. Since we don't get him until the 24th, we have some time. But we may not be sure until we spend real time with him.

So, here's the story. We lost our lab/border collie about four years ago. Very hard. Took a long time before we could consider a new doggie and we both went in and out of maybe, maybe not do we even want all the responsibility and work of a doggie? The longer we were without, the more we thought maybe not. But the triggers kept haunting us. Me having a gardening buddy, DH having a wrestle buddy, etc. We ran the gambit of what kind of dog. We visited shelters, checked on line, it never worked out. Try as we might to pick a more appropriate sized dog we kept coming back to the realization that we're Lab people. DH made a party night statement a while back that we would get a dog in May. We joked about it since. Yesterday as I was cleaning the cat box I had a random thought about DH finding a dog on his business trip, which is silly, he doesn't have time to "dog shop" and not something he would do. Then he calls to tell me to set aside some money that he's going to look at lab pups. He was working away and heard his customer talking about his new lab pup. Turns out that he was getting two, but decided to only get one. DH has always been shy about going ahead and getting a doggie if we weren't completely, bed, toys, food, etc. ready. Our new handsome boy is only 5-1/2 weeks old and won't be ready to come home for 2 weeks. Yesterday I didn't, now I do
Old 05-12-2014, 05:12 PM   #933
Major LCF Poster!

how exciting!! We have been wanting to add to our pack for a few different reasons but I've been holding out. I can't wait to hear more about the little fella!!

Well I guess tomorrow will officially be one week. Not sure if I've lost anything at all but surely it has to be something. I've been following protocol almost to a T except this weekend ended up being just a low carb/higher cal/fat on Saturday and Sunday - wellll.....I didn't eat anything all day until Mother's Day dinner and I ate off plan HOWEVER I am still very proud of myself because I only sampled the things that were off plan and made sure I ate proteins first. So anyway. Today was a back on track! I've been working out pretty consistently also. I think I am going to do hcg until our camping trip June 6 and then after that I am going to try Herbalife or maybe Shaekology. I know it's gimmicky but I feel like its still a good motivator and good plans to stick to. I just want to make sure that I'm wholly committed to clean eating and workouts before I invest in it.

Anyhoo. How was your weekend? How's the IE going?

WOE: General Low Carb
Goal: 20 lbs to lose
9/14 - 5 lbs down, 15 to go.
Old 05-12-2014, 09:30 PM   #934
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

No way you couldnít be down!

Mostly been doing well with IE, but the last two days I've felt extra hungry and felt I ate too much. I need to practice slowing down I think. I keep telling myself the only sacrifice for eating anything I want is not eating when I'm not hungry. I'm not sure what the "but" is, but it's been a bit challenging the last couple days for some reason.
TerriMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 07:17 PM   #935
Major LCF Poster!

I hear ya, probably just part of the daily struggle because why should any 'woe' be easy, right? I get days like that too, where I'm just crazy hungry and I can't figure out why. You'll get it figured out I'm sure.

today was a very bad day for me. Let's not talk about it. Food wise, work wise. UGH. Needless to say working a 13+ hour day doesn't make for good meal choices. Anyhoo. Tomorrow back at it! I am excited though because my workout yesterday was really good. And also I booked a weekend trip here kindof locally for a music festival so we are staying 2 nights in a hotel and have passes for the festival. I'm really excited and really looking forward to that.
Old 05-13-2014, 10:26 PM   #936
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

aaaggggggg Days like that don't deserve to even be acknowledged by the re-telling.

I did better today. I'm noticing that Mondays and Tuesdays seem to be the hardest for me on this WOE. It's still so new that I haven't quite gotten "bad stuff because I can" out of my system. But it pretty much has to be confined to the basic three squares because I cannot even pretend to be hungry for dessert.
Old 05-18-2014, 01:23 PM   #937
Major LCF Poster!

Today I had to opt out of a social function because yesterday went so badly that I need to focus on eating clean and getting a good workout in and getting back on track. I hate to do that to the BF but luckily he took a friend instead. I told him that straying off plan won't do me a bit of good since I already don't want to go out anywhere because I'm so distraught over the weight I've gained. So after the fun of yesterday I'm okay with sacrificing the fun today. Taking the opportunity to get some housework and laundry done as well.
Anyhoo. So this week I'm getting my hair chopped again and then outlet malls on Friday with my mom, so I'm excited. And here's some other good news: remember the jeans I bought the other week that were a horribly large size? They are waayy too big now! WOOT! Literally almost falling down! So I am making progress!!! I haven't lost enough to buy the next size down yet or fit in my old jeans, but I'm definitely getting there!! I have been eating very cleanly and not limiting my proteins at all so I haven't really been following protocol. As my workouts are getting more intense I think I am going to add in some peanut butter protein balls for post work out snacks. Other than that I'm not going to change a thing.

Anyway. Enough about me. How is the IE going? How's the pup doing? I know you don't have him yet but do you have the house puppy proofed? lol.
Old 05-19-2014, 04:33 PM   #938
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

That sounds great; your clothes will tell you all you need to know. Are you still taking HCG? 1234? If youíre not limiting protein what advantage do you see using it? Honest question, Iíve taken 1234 without really limiting more than really watching it and Iím not sure if it actually helped or just kept me more on track.
Old 05-19-2014, 08:11 PM   #939
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I had to end my post before I was finished writing:

Have you ever heard of Forskolin? DH saw it on Oz and wanted to try it. It's supposed to melt belly fat. I doubt I would have tried it, never had much luck with supplements and give Oz a total vote of "no confidence", but I figured what the heck it's here. I was placing an on-line order and read a lot of great reviews about stacking it with Artichoke extract and how that helps the liver so I figured if I'm going to do it. And we know that a well functioning liver is a good thing for weight loss.

I'm still hanging with IE, but I think I'm ready to get back in touch with my healthy eating side. I'm also going to get my lift/squats back going. But I am refusing (at this point ) to go on a diet.

I got to meet Gus Saturday. He is such a sweet, loving and mellow little boy. I can't wait to get him this Saturday. We set up his crate and play pen and brought his scent home on a bath towel for the kitty to get used to. She knows something is going on and doesn't seem disturbed so I'm encouraged.
Old 05-20-2014, 04:59 AM   #940
Major LCF Poster!

Yep still taking the hcg, it's not the 1234 brand. Just eating healthy amounts of lean proteins and throwing a veggie in when I feel up to it. Not measuring my portions and if I feel hungry I'll eat an egg or something, so that's how I'm NOT limiting proteins, lol. Other than that just keeping HWC in the coffee and that about the extent of it. The weekends I was getting alittle more liberal and just doing generic low carb and trying to keep fats low(er). Anyhoo. Probably not losing as quickly as if I was doing strict protocol but a)this is more enjoyable and b)losing slower hopefully means i'll be able to keep it off better.

The supplement sounds interesting I will have to look into it. I am probably going to do herbalife or advocare or something starting in July or so, so I'll be ready to jump on the supplement train again.

Yay for Gus, cute name and I bet you're excited! You won't want to go to work for a a while now, lol!
Old 05-20-2014, 06:28 AM   #941
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yeah, it kind of sucks, I'm real busy at work and can't really take much time. This weekend is Memorial day. I might take him to work with me Tuesday as everyone wants to meet him. I'll take Wedenesday off and then we'll go from there.

Oh and it's "Angus McGee" but his friends just call him Gus.

Last edited by TerriMM; 05-20-2014 at 06:29 AM..
Old 05-24-2014, 05:45 AM   #942
Major LCF Poster!

How's puppy doing???

Things going okay here, I've had more slip ups than I care to admit but I got a good workout in yesterday and I'm trying to keep everything as low carb as I can for now. With this long weekend and all of the social engagements we have doing hcg protocol is nearly impossible.
Old 05-26-2014, 04:36 PM   #943
Major LCF Poster!

This weekend was a wash but it could have been worse for sure. Back on the wagon tomorrow. I'm realizing now that even with quick losses from hcg, the best thing is to keep it slow and steady and consistent; and I'll see results regardless. I don't think I gained anything but know I stalled my progress for sure.

Anyhoo had a great weekend at the outlet mall and got lots of stuff, then today we went and bought furniture for the house! woot! Finally I can stop living out of wash baskets! 3 new dressers, a sleigh bed, a 7 foot dining room table and chairs, and bar stools. Im so excited! We went a little crazy but I think everything is going to look great!
Old 05-27-2014, 12:23 PM   #944
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Sounds like you had an outstanding weekend! I love furniture shopping. This is when it starts feeling like a real home.

Iím very happy to be doing IE right now. With the puppy I donít think I could do anything else, as I can eat whatever I want, as long as Iím hungry. I canít say that Iíve been perfect. I wasnít really hungry for those chips yesterday but I donít feel like Iíve blown it or have to ďrestart and recommitĒ to something and that is so unstressful. And running around the yard with a puppy is not hurting me any.

Hereís my sweet boy on his first day. I forgot how much work they are. But weíre having a great time!

2014-05-24 13.18.44.jpg
Old 05-27-2014, 05:36 PM   #945
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: MsHistory
Stats: 163/148/125-130?
WOE: Hhcg
Start Date: February 2011
Well I'm back with my tail between my legs, fatter than ever, haha. I'll never learn :P

Puppy is sooooooo sweet!! Is he a rescue? Congratulations!! I can't wait until we can get one!

So what are ya'll doing for a WOE now? I see Erin is doing hcg; are you going by the book? And what is IE? I'm back for another round of hcg, I'm going to load the next two days... Hopefully my hcg isn't too old. Anyways, glad to be back with you lovelies!
MsHistory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 07:46 PM   #946
Major LCF Poster!

JESSIE you stinker! I missed you! Ha we learn and re learn the same lessons together. I was doing protocol'ish' until this past weekend - had 2 solid cheat meals plus ice cream one other day...so I'm just doing low carb this week, no drops. Didn't plan it that way but forgot my drops at home today so just went with it.
IE is intuitive eating.
Anyhoo welcome back! I've been doing some workouts too and getting ready to start a different plan maybe in the next month.
Old 05-27-2014, 07:51 PM   #947
Major LCF Poster!

Terri! Love the pics of Gus - keep em coming!!
Old 05-27-2014, 07:52 PM   #948
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi Jessie! Welcome back!!

Weíre all in the same spot, repairing the damage.

You know we tried real hard to adapt a rescue and they make it so hard and invasive that it just never worked out. Then one day while DH was working he overheard one of his customers talking about the lab he was adapting from a real nice family. That day the deal was sealed.

IE is Intuitive Eating.
Here are a couple threads if you want to read about it:
Intuitive Eating 2014
Thoughts on Intuitive Eating and More
Taming The Hungry Beast
Old 05-28-2014, 04:00 PM   #949
Senior LCF Member

Just found this nugget of wisdom from one of the IE pages:
"it is important to experience hunger in order to be losing. If you are hungry ro 30-60 minutes before a meal (and your meal isn't too big) and if you have a bit of hunger before bed, you tend to be in losing mode. Slowwwly. but if you don't let yourself feel much hunger, you will be at minimum maintaining. I also think we tend to underestimate the number of calories binging contributes. When that is no longer a part of the picture, you slowly sliiiide to your natural weight."

I definitely like the idea that just the concept of dieting makes something (a "cheat") seem more desireable... I just feel like I NEED the jumpstart from losing on hcg! I'm so over being chubby!
(Gained it all back, need to reevaluate my habits)
R3: (5-30-14)
Week 1:
Week 2:
Week 3:
Week 4:
Old 05-28-2014, 08:43 PM   #950
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Wait for it...............
Old 05-29-2014, 09:25 AM   #951
Senior LCF Member

When I get to maintenance (again) I definitely want to look into IE more! That's one of the hardest parts about P3; less strict rules. If I had been letting myself actually feel hunger for the last year, I would not be right back where I started 2 years ago!

Well, tonight I'll pack my first P2 lunch... I better prepare for all the questions I'm sure to get tomorrow regarding my weird food. Haha

So how are things going for you guys? Have you maintained? Any tips or suggestions for me?
Old 05-29-2014, 06:53 PM   #952
Major LCF Poster!

No tips or suggestions, clearly I can never maintain either. After my first major weight loss journey I maintained well for 2 years give or take 7-10 pounds up or down. The problem was thinking I could get away with cheat meals waaaay too often. 1-2x a week was perfect for me. But I got cocky and lazy. Ho hum.

Anyhoo. Had mexican tonight. It was delicious but let's forget that happened, lol. Regardless, I'm in a smaller pants size, so WOOOOOTT!! That made me very happy. I'm going to keep on what I'm doing for now and might start up the hcg again either after the camping trip or maybe I'll be ready to start up advocare or something then.

Good luck on P2! We are rooting for you!!
Old 05-29-2014, 08:30 PM   #953
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I'm afraid I was never able to maintain my HCG losses either. Like Erin, too many cheats, lead to too much gain and the diet brain kept assuring me not to worry, I could always do another round. But I just havenít had the commitment, or willingness to live with deprivation long enough to make it work since. And then whatever I did lose would usually reappear after a few imperfect, not real bad, but just not perfect weekends.

That why I'm trying IE. I can eat anything I want and count nothing and journal nothing. It's not easy; it takes just as much work, just in a different way. I haven't really lost anything, but I have maintained the six or so pounds I've lost from the first of the year, trying Atkins '72, HCG and FF. The premise is allowing your body to heal from over dieting, stop guarding against the next wave of starvation and trust that it's okay to release fat. Will it work? It feels like it has potential. I've maintained my lowest weight of the year 141.5 (I bounced up a couple pounds initially). My average weekly weight (with all the dieting) for the year is 144.4. The more I get it right, the more I think I just might start losing. Will I ever diet again But wouldnít it be great if I didn't have to?

We're totally pulling for you Jess! You can totally do this!!

And a big WOOT over there for the girl in the smaller jeans! Nice job girly, girl!!
Old 06-01-2014, 05:01 PM   #954
Senior LCF Member

Smaller jeans?! WHAT is your secret!? Congratulations!!!

Just wanted to pop in and say hey! Super busy weekend; hcg is going well so far, but I ate dinner tonight when I wasn't even hungry, ugh. WHY?! Still at 500 calories, but I'm mad I did it. Fiance had grilled lobster tail, so I felt bad not eating it. Hopefully I'll still move down a little tomorrow, fingers crossed!

I TOTALLY feel you on the "diet brain"... ugh, what a seductive temptress. Sounds like IE is going okay for you, how long have you been doing it?
Old 06-05-2014, 09:59 AM   #955
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good Morning Ladies,
Just checking in to say Hi! I feel like Iím doing the most boring WOE ever. Nothing to track, count or weigh and no rules to research and follow. I keep thinking that Iím going to come to the point where I realize this was just a pipe dream and donít I ďwishĒ this could work. But so far so good. I may not be losing by leaps and bounds, but I saw 139.9 Saturday and I havenít seen that in a year. This week has been a lot of processed food, too tired to cook with all the puppy stuff, so Iím hoping not to see a rebound. Iíve been doing this since the end of April. Itís getting a little more automatic, but I still have to think about it most of the time. Mostly, Iím not hungry, so when I would usually stick something in my mouth, healthy, on plan or whatever, I have to pass. It really brings home how much unneeded calories I was consumed ďdietingĒ. I eat at regular mealtimes with the family too Jess when Iím not really hungry, I just donít eat much. If Iím going to eat like a ďnormalĒ or ďskinnyĒ person, they donít refuse to eat with others at normal times, their portions are just different. And I wouldnít turn down lobster my DH made for me for all the tea in China.

How are you guys doing?
Old 06-06-2014, 06:14 AM   #956
Major LCF Poster!

I'm doing fine. I stopped the hcg 2 weeks ago (?) and just been doing low carb with a few higher carbs here and there and workouts when I can get them in (usually 2-3x/week). I definitely feel like I am losing some inches. My next plan is to get very serious (lol!) -- I have a couple things I'm going to order, I think advocare or herbalife maybe and a dance workout dvd to get me going. I'll be starting that after our out of town trip in 2 weeks. Anyhoo, camping this weekend. See you all when we get back! Wish us luck, we are taking Otis, and Riley is going to her Grandma's house (she doesn't like camping, lol!)

Terri sounds like you are doing great! Sounds like those IE principles are working out for you!!!

Jessie how's the hcg going?!
Old 06-06-2014, 09:41 AM   #957
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Have a great weekend!
Old 06-08-2014, 03:16 PM   #958
Major LCF Poster!

it was great, but definitely feeling the effects of beer and lots of carbs! bloated beyond belief!
Old 06-11-2014, 04:38 AM   #959
Major LCF Poster!

hi friends,
not doing much of anything currently. Eating moderate carbs, haven't worked out in like a week and half or so. Work has been kicking my butt. I'm hoping to get into it soon. Otherwise I'm fairly happy with where I'm at. Of course I'd like to drop a lot more weight but I can feel positive changes happening. How's everyone else doing?
Old 06-11-2014, 07:13 AM   #960
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

That just about where I am too. Since I've had the pup I haven't worked out at all. Just toting him around and running around with him. I feel the need to at least start a little lifting.

I would really like to drop some but right now holding my own with the IE is providing me such a great lifestyle, it's really hard to consider anything else. I peruse the other threads once in a while and all I can think is "yeah, I'm not doing that". I am trying to carve out some of the carbs from my everyday and focus on "healthier choices" but that's about it.

Work has been super busy for me too. I'm in between projects and have all the jobs manned up at the moment, so I took a vacation day today. It's been over a hundred for a couple days. I got the puppy a pool and we're going to have a pool party today.