Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-15-2014, 09:26 AM   #901
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: TerriMM
Stats: 144/141.7/130
WOE: IE/M&E
Sounds like you're off to a great start! That's what I mean when I refer to protocol too.
TerriMM is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-16-2014, 08:08 PM   #902
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: RileyWorm
ok so my first weekend down - i will admit i didn't follow my version of protocol but i did manage low carb and probably low-ish calorie as well. so that's still a win in my book. how did your weekend go?
RileyWorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 12:16 PM   #903
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yay you! Youíre doing great!

I need to stop planning on having a weekend, day or meal off It just never comes out reasonable. I just need to decide what I'm going to do and stick with it. If I'm in a situation where I can't be perfect I need to just do the best I can, but not just do whatever. Right now Iím wavering between Primal and Protein Power. Those are both more long term livable plans. I was thinking about starting with the 21 day sugar detox, but I donít know if Iím up for a harsh commitment. If I was, I think Iíd give HCG another go.
Old 03-17-2014, 04:41 PM   #904
Major LCF Poster!

That was my final realization as well. I was finding too many opportunities to eat whatever for special occasions, etc. Now I have to force myself to either find a way to eat protocol or the best low carb option. Today I was off a little bit but we have leftover BBQ pork from the weekend so I ate that, and a few chips with cheese at work (the bbq pork I feel is okay - the chips, not so much, but the few I ate shouldn't throw me off). I think I still did well. Otherwise, b- boiled egg, apple; lunch - green salad with chicken. If the weight comes off slower so be it. Slow is better than nothing. The harsh commitment is almost what i have to do anymore. If I'm strict, minor cheats aren't good, don't get me wrong; but if I were eating more lax, then a cheat might be a bowl of ice cream as opposed to a little BBQ sauce.

Tomorrow is my last day at my work. Then 3 days off to do whatever and on to (hopefully!) bigger and better things.

WOE: General Low Carb
Goal: 20 lbs to lose
9/14 - 5 lbs down, 15 to go.
Old 03-17-2014, 08:40 PM   #905
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

If I'm strict, minor cheats aren't good, don't get me wrong; but if I were eating more lax, then a cheat might be a bowl of ice cream as opposed to a little BBQ sauce.

True that, I'll have to keep that in mind

Try not to smile too much tomorrow
Old 03-19-2014, 05:12 PM   #906
Major LCF Poster!

Well my last day of work was bittersweet as they usually are but I'm so excited to start my new job on Monday!! I spent the day with my mom buying some new work clothes and shoes. We did breakfast at IHOP - I decided to just keep it low carb today so I had an omelette and bacon. Then when I got home this evening I had a bowl of cereal - NOT low carb and NOT even a part of my rogueish plan. Also yesterday I had some Easter candy. I need to snap out of it! My only consolation is that the chocolate was minor and the cereal today was only my 2nd meal of a very long day. I will start again tomorrow with newfound resolve! lol. I still am feeling great; and regardless of these silly cheats I am leaps and bounds away from the way I had been eating for a while.

So how are things with you? Have you settled on a WOE?
Old 03-20-2014, 10:06 AM   #907
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good Morning. Away you go on your new life. I donít think you did too bad considering. And youíre moving forward!

I realized yesterday, at this point anyway, I do not possess ďthe everything in moderationĒ gene and will need to have some sort of plan to stick with. I know what works to lose rather quickly. Unfortunately as a short term plan, I have been gaining back just as quickly because once I stop, I really stop. I have come to the conclusion that I need a long term plan I can stick with if I want to get anywhere. And the only way I can do that is to find one I can live with. I have picked Protein Power. The carbs are higher 30-45; the food choices are not really restricted as long as you stay under your carb limit. I.e. they say if you want five Skittles have five Skittles, but you could have five cups of broccoli instead. Plus you can have a glass of wine or two and still be on plan. At this point I can totally live with that. It may take me more time then Iíd like, but the quick fixes of the last year havenít gotten me anywhere. After I get into the scheme of things I can still incorporate my intermittent M&E or FF days for a little extra kick or to break a stall, but I need a long term path to goal. I also figure if I couple that with my daily ďsomethingĒ exercise plan, how can I lose? Clicking my heals together three times and staring today.
Old 03-20-2014, 11:58 AM   #908
Major LCF Poster!

Sounds like a plan to me! That's what I plan on doing after I get these cravings out of the way and a few pounds down. I hate resorting to quick fixes but it's the only thing that will ease my psyche right now. So today I had some nut crackers and a bit of hummus, and a chicken breast with some tomatoes and some parm. So I guess I'm totally rogue now but pleased that I made healthy choices today. I'm still dosing the hcg anyway. I'm hoping now with warmer weather here to get some dog walks in starting next week for exercise.

Anyway. Day 2 of my mini vacation. Cleaning baseboards and washing rugs, sounds fun doesn't it!
Old 03-20-2014, 12:14 PM   #909
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

When DH is out of town I do mega chores after work and sometimes take the day off to shampoo my carpet. They always tease me at work "you really know how to live it up".
Old 03-23-2014, 06:19 PM   #910
Major LCF Poster!

ok well with being off of work for 5 days it was hard to stick to a plan, so i stopped the hcg and tried to keep mostly low carb - one night we did have pizza - a potato here, some French Fries there - nothing too incredibly crazy, but still had some evil carbs. Since I haven't weighed at all I'm sure I undid a week worth of hcg but I"m right back on hcg tomorrow.

Tomorrow is my first day at my new job, wish me luck!!
Old 03-23-2014, 08:44 PM   #911
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Have a spectacular day!!
Old 04-01-2014, 04:01 PM   #912
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

How's the new job going Girly, Girl?
Old 04-23-2014, 04:56 AM   #913
Major LCF Poster!

HI!
I've been busy getting into the swing of things with my new job. It's going 'ok' - it's not exactly what I thought it was going to be but it's getting better as I'm learning more. I don't see myself making a career at this company but that's okay. I am actually looking for other opportunities but if I don't find anything for a while that's okay too. Either way I am waaay better off than I was at my previous job.

Anyhoo, how have things been with you?? Diet wise, life wise?

I've been keeping it low carb for the most part and started exercising. This week I started a different sort of meal plan, it's known as the Steak Lovers Diet. So far I think it's going pretty good. You can have unlimited meat up to 3 times a day - and then you can have a banana, grapes, berries, grapefruit, serving of rice, or serving of potato. Butter, mayo, spices allowed. 2 things not allowed that I have to add in: HWC in my coffee and eggs. Not sure why eggs aren't allowed but I need to be able to carry boiled eggs around b/c it's the quickest easiest protein snack. And I'm allowing myself HWC because the plan allows butter so I figure it's kindof the same just different forms lol. It appealed to me because it allows rice and potatoes which I like. So I've been eating things like fried potatoes and ham, chicken and rice, bananas. I like it so far and I feel good. Obviously it will be difficult to maintain for the longterm so I'm hoping to make it 1 month on it which puts me around May 20 or so.
Old 04-23-2014, 08:42 AM   #914
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Welcome back! Sounds like at worst, you moved to a great stepping stone.

Iíve been gaining and losing the same 5# all year. I do great during the week and back track during the weekend. I checked out the Steak Lovers Diet. Not too many reviews, but they were all great. Iíll be real interested to hear how it works for you. It sure sounds livable.
Old 04-23-2014, 06:05 PM   #915
Major LCF Poster!

It's going really good so far (...as I'm eating a huge buttery steak with a few slices of potatoes!) I FEEL good. As far as any weight lost, I haven't weighed in 4 months and I haven't missed the scale one bit. Just going by how I feel and how my pants fit. I'm honestly most excited about being able to eat bananas and rice (..and potato chips, yes they are allowed!! lol!) Surprisingly I've been able to keep my portions reasonable. And I've been pretty consistent with my exercise about 3 times a week (stepping stones!!). Anyhoo I don't think this will be my perm WOE but I think it's a good jumping off point. I was getting too light headed at work for the HCG and our office is so small to be honest with you I didn't like dosing in front of co workers or sneaking into the bathroom with it. I hate trying to explain it YKWIM.
Old 04-23-2014, 08:09 PM   #916
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yeah that's the only thing with the drops. I started a round with HCG2.0, waaay better then protocol. But I didn't make it past a week before the fat called me. I figured I'd continue with the HCG1234 since it doesn't really have HCG but amino acids and it is helping with appetite control. I'm only weighing in once a week so we'll see hope that worked. My problem isn't really losing; it's not gaining it back over the weekend.
Old 04-28-2014, 07:02 PM   #917
Major LCF Poster!

how's it going friend? i'm going into week 2 of the 'steak lovers' diet. although - this weekend cheats included 2 bowls of cereal, corn on the cob, and some birthday cake. not really too bad though! (for me! lol) not sure if i'm losing anything but one thing is for sure: cravings are almost completely gone and i'm feeling good. so i'm giving it another couple weeks to see how i feel at the end of one month.

OH except tomorrow i have some zuchinni to make so I guess I'll just do a low carb day. Mom gave me some and I hate to waste it.

I will sure be happy when my jeans fit again!!!
Old 04-29-2014, 08:32 AM   #918
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Morning!
Canít wait to hear how your do with this. Sounds so totally livable.

Currently Iím still Fat Fasting or Nutritional Ketosis, considering my calories are higher, around 1300-1700. Saturday I was at my lowest weight of the year, so pretty happy about that. Iím back to weighing once a week and thatís really helping the stressing and spinning. I started reading about Intuitive Eating last night, sounds pretty compelling. Do you have any experience with that?
Old 04-29-2014, 04:52 PM   #919
Major LCF Poster!

it's going ok. today i had an awesome caesar salad with chicken and having zucchinni for dinner, so today was an 'off' day for the steak diet, as tomorrow will be too probably since i'll probably have tons of zucchinni left. sounds like you're doing great. anywhoo, intuitive eating sounds intriguing. are you intuitive in the way that you decide what your body is craving or needs, or does it mean you eat when you feel you need to? honestly i've never been a fan of the mini meals thoughout the day - i'm a person who needs to have a sense of being full so small meals don't do it for me.

so basically after a few months of living in leggings i finally broke down had to buy a monstrous size in a pair of jeans to fit me. i keep telling myself i'm only buying this one pair and hopfully i won't have to wear them very long!!
Old 04-29-2014, 06:21 PM   #920
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

From what I'm getting so far, and I just started reading, it's both. What you crave is what your body needs, you only eat when you're hungry and you stop when you're satisfied.

Do you not get veggies on the steak lover's diet? Is the potatoes and rice part of the resistant starch thing?

Sorry about the jeans, I hate that
Old 04-30-2014, 06:58 PM   #921
Major LCF Poster!

interesting--might be good for a maintenanve woe - I will have to research.

Yeah the steak diet doesnt allow for veggies -- I',\m not sure why -- and your 'second meal' choices are very limited. I don't eat them literally as a second meal, I'm not sure if you're supposed to do it that way or not! I don't have the book and I couldn't find a whole whole lot on the 'net. It's apparently based off of the "DuPont" diet which apparently is the first real low carb diet introduced here -- although higher in carbs than we are used to, it's still lower than average. Anywhoo I had zuchinni and some aaaahmazing chicken - had some carbs in the sauce but eh.
Old 04-30-2014, 08:12 PM   #922
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Not intending to start this thing. At least planned on finishing the week with FF. But today at least, I'm feeling it, although I am leaning towards FF.
Old 05-06-2014, 04:44 AM   #923
Major LCF Poster!

i've done well on the steak lovers diet, i'm not sure if i really lost much but it helped me get back a taste for clean(er) eating. but, now it's onto HCG round 23784930. i had a patient ask me at work yesterday 'when am i due' - i was not only stunned but it was a huge slap in the face and wake up call. i was texting my boyfriend nearly in tears and he suggested the hcg so as long as i have his support (and he slaps away pizza from my mouth) i think i'll be ok. what i mean is he always supports me but as long as he helps keep me on plan! anyway. i will be doing protocol except for HWC in my coffee - that is one thing I can't let go of! lol. The only other rogue thing I'm going to do is 'maybe' mix veggies and use cooking spray. Also i don't remember, is cottage cheese allowed on protocol? Anyway. Happy Tuesday!
Old 05-06-2014, 06:14 AM   #924
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

People can be so thoughtless.

Cottage cheese is not technically allowed on Protocol, it is on HCG 2.0. 2.0 eliminates the fruit & bread stick and gives you more protein plus allows a couple more veggies and allows you to mix. Here's a link to a thread if you're interested: http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/hc...hcg-2-0-a.html

I know what you mean, DH's attitude can make all the difference.

I'm doing IE this week. I'll see how I feel about it when I weigh in on Saturday, but it is such a great break from the diet madness.
Old 05-06-2014, 03:05 PM   #925
Major LCF Poster!

Good luck on the IE!!!! You deserve a break! Let me know what your body is telling you to eat, I'm interested to hear how it goes!

Day 1 almost complete. Strawberries and boiled eggs for lunch. (I guess eggs are kindof sortof allowed but in my mind they are protocol). Dinner is tilapia, maybe some grapefruit? No hunger which is crazy for me. Maybe the sting from yesterday is keeping my hunger at bay. I had to force lunch. Anyhoo. Dreaming about shorts and swimsuits.

And yeah the patient that said that is a total jack...off lol but still. What an idiot. I thought that was an unspoken rule that you don't say stuff like that??
Old 05-06-2014, 04:34 PM   #926
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Woo Hoo I didn't know you already started. Great luck!

That's what Jack offs do, say inappropriate things.
Old 05-06-2014, 06:42 PM   #927
Major LCF Poster!

I figured no better day than today. lol. Summer is getting closer and closer! I forgot about the HCG 2.0, I might do something more similar to that. For now keeping the fruit because I happened to have it on hand. Whenever I did my 1st most successful round I did strict protocol but didn 't eat the fruit unless I absolutely was craving something sweet. May stick to that. I also didn't eat the breadsticks unless I needed it in a 'recipe' ie I would put it in meatloaf to help bind or sometimes would eat in chilli like crackers. Anyhoo. I haven't uploaded a pic of the house in a while - still not 100% done but now weather permitting should be just a week or so left.
Old 05-06-2014, 06:51 PM   #928
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

That is gorgeous!! And my friend, you may get the contractors out of there, but it will never be done. I was thinking about you a couple weeks ago and wondering if you had to abide the winter with no driveway.
Old 05-07-2014, 04:57 AM   #929
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerriMM View Post
That is gorgeous!! And my friend, you may get the contractors out of there, but it will never be done. I was thinking about you a couple weeks ago and wondering if you had to abide the winter with no driveway.
No doubt. I keep coming up with lists, lol. After the fire place is done, then the fence and I think the contractor should be done. This weekend we are getting blinds, furntiure, etc. I had been holding off because I wanted to wait until I had the grand total on the house. And yes, we pretty much went all winter without a driveway.

And thank you! Sometime I'll get up some interior pics.
Old 05-07-2014, 08:23 PM   #930
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Puppy.jpg This is my new Fur Baby! Long story, I'll tell ya tomorrow.