Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-10-2013, 06:35 PM   #871
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: RileyWorm
Sounds like a good plan to follow. Even at 146 I'd say 5 lbs is nothing, especially right after the holiday!

I think I might have hit an all time 'low' and by low I mean high, I've hit that point of weight gain where everything pops out kwim. Hopefully I can just keep it at this point before I get serious.

So the house is getting there, should be in by the following weekend as long as we get the stupid doors in on time and the permanent electric hooked up soon. Regardless I'm spending the holiday in the new house if I have to blow up an air mattress!

*Clean eating and daily workouts
*Bikini Body Mommy Challenge
*Month 1 down, Month 2 started 8/12
*Goal: Fit into old clothes and overall fitness
RileyWorm is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 12-10-2013, 09:40 PM   #872
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: TerriMM
Stats: 144/142.7/130
WOE: IE/M&E
Well heck yeah! What do you think camping gear was invented for? When we bought our last house it was just at the beginning of the insanity, you may not even remember about 10-12 years ago. We were speaking to a realtor about selling our existing house and telling her about going the following day for the release of phase 3 of our development. She told us we had better go then, the night before. We thought she was crazy but figured "what the heck", loaded my Camero with blankets and pillows, picked up a pizza and got there at 9pm. They opened and 10am the next day. We were second in line. It was a night we'll never forget and a great way to meet your new neighbors. The guy showed up to a crowd afraid there would be a riot. He announced in a timid little voice that the only way he knew how to do this was to hand people numbers as we came through the door. We told him we didn't need his numbers, we know what order we were in and proceeded through the door. I don't think it's a day he'll likely forget either. Point is the extraordinary means you go through will only serve as a great story and hopefully I time you'll look back on fondly.

And you should have seen my pictures back then. I'll bet I easily weighed 30-40 lbs more than I do now. But things settled down and I lost it and you will too.
Old 12-23-2013, 06:53 PM   #873
Major LCF Poster!

wooowwow what a crazy story! so you basically had to line up for your house black friday style! definitely don't have that many people beating down the door back in my subdivision lol, and luckily i already know pretty much everybody! at least 5 of our 'neighbors' are all people i went to school with, one house is my cousin's, and another house is my old high school principal's! lol.

well i'm back!! i've been so busy with the house and packing stuff up. we aren't in all the way, but we should be in all the way by this weekend, even if we have little stuff to finish. we will have to be so that we can give this duplex a good deep cleaning. tired of living in limbo but will be worth it. permenant electric on, countertops in, doors still not in, right now that's the real hold up.

i hope you have a merry christmas!!!
Old 12-24-2013, 01:10 PM   #874
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Merry Christmas Erin!!!

Doesn't matter if you're all the way, just celebrating Christamas in the new place. What a blessing!!!

Have a great holiday.
TerriMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 09:34 AM   #875
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hey Erin, Happy New Year! Howís it going in the new abode? How were your holidays?

Our holidays were very nice. A nice mixture of family and alone time. We also made it down to the beach for a couple days in-between. I feel guilty admitting it in light of the weather in other parts of the country, but itís been so warm and dry here there were actually bikinis on the beach.

I did real well just doing low carb in December, I felt like I was actually headed towards my goal. Then Christmas Eve family potluck hit and I tried a little of this and a little of that and that set me up for a week of the same. I didnít feel like I really went overboard but I ended the month up instead of down. I decided to just do Atkins induction. Although Iíd like to eat carbs, I have to come to grips with the fact that they just donít work for me and Iím much healthier without them. I toyed with the thought of HCG but I just donít have the motivation for deprivation right now.

Canít wait to see new pictures!
Old 01-18-2014, 05:02 AM   #876
Major LCF Poster!

Hello friend!! I am here, it took us soooo long to get internet hooked up in the house! Things are finally all coming together all the way, just a couple more small things inside need to be done and a couple things outside, but we are IN and so glad! Once I get a little more organized here I will take some more pics. Right now we are just living around our contractor, electricians, etc.

The holidays were great, of course over indulged, hectic, because we spent that whole week and weekend after moving. Boy am I glad that is over!!!

I've been eating pretty well for the past 2 weeks now, I have no idea if I am losing. I've been eating strict low carb during the day and dinners are whatever I feel like, usually cereal or soup or something. I'm getting to the point where I HAVE to lose 10-15 pounds for sanities sake alone.

We need to come up with a game or some sort of motivation system for us!!
Old 01-19-2014, 08:17 PM   #877
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hey Erin, Welcome back!

I was doing real well on basic Atkins Induction and then I got sick. I don't think I lost much ground, just a week's worth of time. I've been reading about Atkins '72. I mistakenly thought the "New Diet RevolutionĒ that didn't count fiber, was the first Atkins, it's not. The first Atkins induction is very much like Meat & Egg with two very small and restrictive salads. If I feel well enough tomorrow I'm going to give it a try. I like that you just eat whatís on the list and donít have to count or journal anything. I have a dinner date next Sunday with some friends I haven't seen since a "size" ago.

So what kind of game do you have in mind? I'm game
Old 01-20-2014, 05:20 PM   #878
Major LCF Poster!

I don't know but something that will keep us on track. Maybe like a challenge or some sort but I don't want it to be driven by pounds lost but by sticking to a plan, if that makes sense. I'll think of something. Like maybe a daily challenge like day 1 - protein day, day 2 - take your dog for a walk/walk with a friend, day 3 - try a new work out video, day 4 - low carb meal found online, day 4 - high fat day, Something like that maybe. Throw in some wild card days and maybe we could do like a 'secret santa' type thing, you know once we hit so many goal we can send each other surprises in the mail or something.

I hope you are feeling better!! Whenever I'm sick I never want to eat the things I should.

Yesterday we finally had Christmas for Jon's family so we had beef n dumplings, french bread, cheese cake, you know, delicious carbs. lol. I've been doing well otherwise, sticking to my low carb during the day and light, whatever I want dinner. Not noticing any changes weight wise or size wise but I'm trying baby steps. Next week I'd love to get into working out again.
Old 01-20-2014, 08:54 PM   #879
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RileyWorm View Post
I don't know but something that will keep us on track. Maybe like a challenge or some sort but I don't want it to be driven by pounds lost but by sticking to a plan, if that makes sense. I'll think of something. Like maybe a daily challenge like day 1 - protein day, day 2 - take your dog for a walk/walk with a friend, day 3 - try a new work out video, day 4 - low carb meal found online, day 4 - high fat day, Something like that maybe. Throw in some wild card days and maybe we could do like a 'secret santa' type thing, you know once we hit so many goal we can send each other surprises in the mail or something.

I hope you are feeling better!! Whenever I'm sick I never want to eat the things I should.

Yesterday we finally had Christmas for Jon's family so we had beef n dumplings, french bread, cheese cake, you know, delicious carbs. lol. I've been doing well otherwise, sticking to my low carb during the day and light, whatever I want dinner. Not noticing any changes weight wise or size wise but I'm trying baby steps. Next week I'd love to get into working out again.
I love it! All of it! Shall we do a February challenge? More day ideas:
Have a low carb meal out
Make at least three grab and go lunches for the week
Make a new low carb recipe
Share a low carb recipe
Run like the wind
Smile all day
Maintain perfect posture all day

Do I sound crazy?
Old 01-26-2014, 06:02 PM   #880
Major LCF Poster!

Sounds like a plan! I'll compile something this week. I desperately need motivation. I have no clue what my deal is, it's like I want to gain weight instead of lose. My eating is just getting out of control!! This week was good again but the weekend was not. What else is new, right??

I'm hauling out the trampoline this week finally.

Anyway. Have a bit of a cold so did absolutely nothing all weekend and it was nice. Now back to sub zero temps next week. We still don't have our driveway concrete poured and the way this weather has been, it might be a while yet!!
Old 01-27-2014, 09:01 AM   #881
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yep the weekends continue to do me in as well. Maybe our game can help address that. I did Atkins Induction last week. It started with a bang and ended with a whimper. I had dinner out with friends and a Japanese steak house, even though I had barely a bite of the rice and only one Sake, you know that is not going to contribute to a good weigh in. I think I'll do FF this week to change it up a bit. I'm trying to look away from the HCG light but it is trying to call me.

I think I've recovered enough to get back to walking at work and perhaps start some lifting at home. I know that will make a big difference.

This weather is nuts! In California we've gone over 55 days without rain with the temp lows in the 30s and highs in the 70s. Weíre supposed to start getting some rain later this week. If it werenít for you all in the sub-zeros the ďGlobal WarmingĒ nuts would be all over us.
Old 02-03-2014, 10:28 AM   #882
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hey Erin,
How's it going?

I found myself at my wits end and started HCG over the weekend. As you know Iíve always been rogue, this round I am trying two new things. First doing low carb, no fruit or bread stick as well as more protein and fat, and Second alternating calories from day to day. Iíve actually done the alternating thing before to break up a stall, this time itís part of the plan from the beginning. With the natural appetite suppressant effect of very low carb I probably don't need the HCG, but I hadnít formulated my plan yet when I started it Saturday, so I figure Iíll just throw everything Iíve got at it to get back down to a manageable weight. Iím still working on my alternating strategy, but rather than make it a confined schedule Iím going to work it around my life. At this point Iím doing one day down 600-700 calories, next day up 1100-1500. Wednesday I have a lunch date with Daddy, so Iím going to start the week with two down days and do my first up day Wednesday. I have not ruled out using Fat Fast down the road as well.

Wanta play?
Old 03-01-2014, 05:58 AM   #883
Major LCF Poster!

Hi Terri my long lost friend! I'm sorry I've been M.I.A. I have been getting very down on myself lately and just haven't felt like facing my demons on here. But now I'm back with a vengeance and ordered my HCG and I'm ready to rock it! My plan is to keep it as simple as possible. I'm going to start off my eating lettuce and chicken 'salad', unlimited amount as I feel neccessary. Almond milk in coffee. No fats, no counting calories either. If I feel as though I need to eat more to get through the day I will. I bought some expensive HCG to keep me motivated to follow through. It should be here sometime this week.

In other news: I have an awesome job opportunity coming my way possibly. Went in and interviewed for one position, the interviewer liked me so much he recommended me for a higher position! So my 2nd interview is Tuesday.

How has the HCG been working for you?? It's funny I haven't been on here in a while and popped on to tell your I'm starting HCG and I see you did too! Great minds think alike!
Old 03-02-2014, 08:29 AM   #884
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hey Pal,
Welcome back! Thatís awesome news about the job. What industry? Youíve been such a hard worker and dedicated even in face of adversity, you really deserve it. Believe me, as head of HR for my company, those traits are not easy to come by.

I did start HCG and actually did better than a long time. After a week my weight started to stall so I happily jumped over to FF and then nothing. Five days later LDW, Mexican lunch, Advil after a hard day in the yard and I bumped 4#. So I immediately jumped on Atkins í72 induction, lost the 4# and a couple more. Now Iím stalled again. I think Iíll do FF next week it nothing else for a little variety. I have in-laws coming next weekend, so know knows what that will bring.
Old 03-02-2014, 04:46 PM   #885
Major LCF Poster!

It is a corporate dentist office, HQ in California actually. Apparently they are expanding and are new to the St. Louis area. 3 offices here already and planning on opening 2-3 more. I've got to get away from the mortgage industry and this sounds like a fun opportunity with a lot more potential for growth. The position is an office manager position so it will definitely be a change but since I was basically hand picked for the job that wasn't even open, I'm ready to take it on since they seem to have the confidence that I can handle it! Not sure what the 2nd interview will bring but I'm nervous and excited. And if I get the job I think they send me to California for training and Kansas City too, which is even more exciting!

Sounds like you are doing well though! So are you keeping on the HCG with the fat fasting and Atkins? I'm going to try to stick to a pretty strict protocol but if the weekends call for Atkins type eating then that will just have to do. I think after a years of this up and down stuff I'm finally ready!
Old 03-02-2014, 09:17 PM   #886
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Woo Hoo! Hopefully you'll make it close to Sacramento. It would be great to meet you in person!

I stopped HCG on the 13th. I had another low carb day today with crispy chicken on my salad so I'm a little nervous about the scale tomorrow. DH wanted chicken stew tomorrow so I won't be start FF until Tuesday. He'll be out of town one night so that'll help me stick to it. Maybe my little change up will help keep my body guessing.

When do you start the HCG? Why was it so expensive?
Old 03-03-2014, 04:14 PM   #887
Major LCF Poster!

I bought the HCG that I had bought for my very first round way back when. Since then I had bought pellets which were way cheaper and in my mind, if I didn't stick to it who cares for $30 a bottle. The stuff I bought is around $100 for a 30 day bottle of drops. I know I can buy cheaper but the money aspect of it motivates me. They were shipped today so whenever those get here I'll start. Likely Sunday or Monday by the time I buy the food and then enjoy my last weekend. I have grand plans for this round since NONE of my clothes fit. I haven't gotten on the scale in a few months and don't plan on it, even before I start the round.

Anyway, the interview is tomorrow so please please please wishful thinking for me!

Last edited by RileyWorm; 03-03-2014 at 04:15 PM..
Old 03-03-2014, 04:17 PM   #888
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Big for you Erin! Let me know how it goes.

How's the house going?
Old 03-05-2014, 05:02 PM   #889
Major LCF Poster!

the interview was horrible. i won't go into details but the interviewer was completely unprepared and there was some serious lack of communication going on. i felt like i took off work and wasted my time. i was supposed to get an answer today but nothing yet and i'm not surprised. and to make things better i got into an accident on the way home. luckily i'm okay and my car is just bruised up, but still. bad day all around.

anyway! my hcg hasn't come yet but i'm thinking monday.

and the house is good. pretty much everything is finally done but our driveway. we've had so much snow and ice they haven't had a chance to get in and pour it.

how're things going on your end? are you ff-ing? atkins-ing? lol. i honestly can't wait to get back on a clean eating plan, i've been feeling rotten lately and my skin has been soooo bad and broken out.
Old 03-05-2014, 05:58 PM   #890
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

What a sucky day! I'm so glad you weren't hurt! I hope your beautiful new car isn't too badly bruised.

So funny how you get me I'm FFing, started yesterday. Many times I don't see much after one day so I was encouraged to be down a pound. But I actually made it to 90% for the first time. Amazing what can be down without a man in the house. He comes home tomorrow so I'm trying to make the best of the next two days. I have company coming Saturday for a snack and lunch affair. So I'm planning salami & cheese, olives, nuts and deviled eggs for snacks and "make yourself" sandwiches, cole slaw and chips for lunch. I'm thinking if I just skip the bread and chips, I should have plenty to eat and maybe keep it a high calorie FF day and keep on going. Of course we'll see if I make it. I've lost on as many as 1700 calories before as long as I kept the fat percentage up.

Take heart with the interview. The office and area is new to everyone and they're just trying to figure it out. I'll bet your preparedness in the face of their chaos will be viewed favorably

I know what you mean about looking forward to eating clean. It's kind of a by-product of learning so much about nutrition. Before we would have just thought oh it must be that time of the month, or the chocolate or whatever. Now we know.
Old 03-06-2014, 05:51 PM   #891
Major LCF Poster!

Take heart with the interview. The office and area is new to everyone and they're just trying to figure it out. I'll bet your preparedness in the face of their chaos will be viewed favorably - great advice and this was my outlook on the 2nd day. I just heard that they will be offering me a position - it's not the management position but the original job I interviewed for. I'm still happy with that! Once it's all 'real' I'll be even happier. So of course I went out and 'celebrated' a bit after work and went shopping. lol. And bought things I do NOT need. I hate buying clothes anymore so off to Ulta I went!

Your Saturday menu sounds perfect! I think you'll do fine with all of the yummy low carb eats you'll have.

Anyway. Here's to my last weekend of freedom and to a successful low carb/high fat weekend for you!
Old 03-06-2014, 09:08 PM   #892
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

CONGRATULATIONS!!

As flattering as the management position would have been, you're probably better off starting in a comfort zone where you can move into management when you have the lay of the land. You already know they're looking at you that way.

Today didn't go according to plan. I was planning on a bit higher calories today, then drop back down tomorrow and have a higher day Saturday and drop back down Sunday. But I ended up eating out for lunch and dinner. My best guess is 1744 calories 82% fat, 11% protein, 7% carbs. I had to boost my calories up more then I wanted to get the fat % up. I guess I can only hope for the best.
Old 03-07-2014, 04:28 PM   #893
Major LCF Poster!

well I officially accepted and my first day is March 24th!!! You have no idea the sense of relief I feel to be out of the mortgage industry!!! And you are absolutely right about the management role, so I am really going to take this other job as a learning tool and hope that it helps me advance when they do finally open up some more offices! The first guy that I interviewed really pushed me for the management role so when the time is right I hope he still feels the same and will back me if a promotion ever comes my way. PLUS, it's a better commute and I'll be bypassing the heavy traffic areas, and I get off at 3 on Fridays!

Anyhoo. Regardless sounds like you still had a good low carb day so even if you didn't drop I bet you won't gain either!! I'm enjoying my last DQ Blizzard before I start my new hcg round. OH and another thing about this new job: sandwiched between a Starbucks and a frozen custard place. Just my luck right!!

Good luck and have fun at your luncheon tomorrow!
Old 03-10-2014, 06:56 PM   #894
Major LCF Poster!

well i didn't get my hcg in time from the post office so looks like i'm starting on thursday.
Old 03-10-2014, 08:38 PM   #895
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Bummer!

Well my weekend didn't go according to plan. I had a little of this and a little of that, nothing crazy, but not good. Today I thought I'd just jump back on FF for a couple days to get it off once again and the carb monster was unleashed. Back to I'm too full and what other "crap" can I eat? Who is this person? Tomorrow I'm just going to eat plenty of low carb good food and not even smell a carb until these cravings go away. I'm thinking about trying the 21 day sugar detox and then moving to Primal for a while and focus on exercise. I'm getting so sick of losing and gaining the same 5# I don't know what to do. I'm thinking of trying something completely different. I have until next Tuesday to decide for sure, Monday is my 30th anniversary so I don't want to commit to something until I'm past that. I am back to doing something, exercise wise at least.
Old 03-11-2014, 08:27 PM   #896
Major LCF Poster!

ugh girl you sound like me. i guess if it were easy we'd all be skinny right?! enjoy your anniversary, that's the most important thing anyway.

i got my hcg now so i'm starting thursday. i have GOT to stay motivated and on plan. I keep thinking back to the first time i did hcg and while it was hard - I powered through and didn't even THINK about cheating. and when it was all over, it was SO worth it. have to keep reminding myself of that!
Old 03-12-2014, 06:58 AM   #897
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

That's the whole key I think. We have to do it like the first time, following all the rules without question. At that point the biggest question was whether I was going to do 23 or 40 days, not if I'd make it all the way through a whole round. I think that's why they say the first time on a diet always works best. Not because our bodies adapt as much as we figure out how to cheat or think we are smarter than the diet. Great Luck!!
Old 03-12-2014, 02:44 PM   #898
Major LCF Poster!

well I've got my supplies! I'm going to limit myself to P2 foods only (whoops well with the exception of almond milk in my coffee), but like I said, if I"m hungry, I'll eat something! So I've got chicken breast, strawberries, lettuce, and apples ready to go. I'm going to boil some eggs so that I've got quick easy protein ready.
Old 03-12-2014, 04:24 PM   #899
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RileyWorm View Post
well I've got my supplies! I'm going to limit myself to P2 foods only (whoops well with the exception of almond milk in my coffee), but like I said, if I"m hungry, I'll eat something! So I've got chicken breast, strawberries, lettuce, and apples ready to go. I'm going to boil some eggs so that I've got quick easy protein ready.
Looks like youíre ready. Do you do the breadstick? I canít wait to hear how you do. I could use a little motivation at the moment. I seem to have misplaced it over the weekend.

I havenít completely decided what Iím doing yet. Iím still leaning towards the 21 day sugar detox. It really depends on what DH is doing. If he is going to drink a bit on the weekends I might just do a low carb ďplanĒ where I can have an occasional glass of wine (or whatever) otherwise Iím setting myself up for failure. If he is going to make a commitment not to for a couple weeks, then Iím golden. It wouldn't surprise me if he actually wanted to give HCG a try again If he does I'll follow my own advise and do protocol (at least to start ) When he starts traveling more it makes it easier for me to do my own thing.
Old 03-15-2014, 05:00 AM   #900
Major LCF Poster!

I'm the same way - it's hard for me when the BF wants to go drinking, to restaurants, etc. I basically have to have NO life otherwise he will suck me into a carb filled black hole. lol.

So today is day 3 and going good! I don't do the breadstick, but I've got 100 cal popcorn. So I guess technically I'm not protocol, lol. My menu past 2 days: b - strawberries, boiled egg, l- grilled chicken, lettuce with some balsamic vinegar (rogue also i guess), and d- leftover chicken, popcorn. plus coffee with almond milk in the am. I feel great. I'm not weighing, but already feel less bloated. Some hunger, but not intolerable, and i don't really think it's hunger, it's just a feeling of 'not full', a feeling i haven't felt in a long time haha.

Whenever I said protocol only I guess maybe meant with a few rogue additions haha - but I'm still going to stay away from fats and fat fasting type behavior. lol. Not that it didn't work for me before, but I need to stick to what's tried and true and simple.

for breakfast today I'm going to scramble an egg with some diced chicken and top with salsa. i guess that's a little rogue too.