Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-07-2012, 10:25 AM   #61
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: RileyWorm
141.? this morning - I have forgotten the exact number. Almost 2 pounds though.
Today:
coffee/cream, GY with berries
HB egg with a bit of mustard
chicken breast with some avocado

Coming in around 700 calories, I think.
RileyWorm is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-08-2012, 12:51 PM   #62
Major LCF Poster!

139.8 this morning.
So far:
chicken/avocadoe; coffee/cream (230/104)
2 cream cheese/coconut oil truffle things (250ish)
Dinner will be GY and berries, so that puts me above 800 today.
Maybe 137 tomorrow? That will be my lowest I was during P3 Fat Fasting. I should be able to get to 135 no problem by next weekend. If I am lower, great! Then I won't have as much to lose after my 2 day interruption.
Old 03-09-2012, 04:04 AM   #63
Major LCF Poster!

138.8. (-1lb) Hopefully losses don't taper off TOO much from here.
Today will be HB eggs for B and L - I have a feeling BF will want to go to dinner. Hopefully we will go to a steakhouse, I can get steak and broccoli.
Old 03-09-2012, 10:20 AM   #64
Major LCF Poster!

One HB egg for B (75)
2 cream cheese things (250)
375, which gives me about 500 left to play with safely.

If I can get to the store I would like to make tomorrow a GY day. I had good losses earlier this week when I ate GY all day.
Old 03-09-2012, 07:05 PM   #65
Major LCF Poster!

OK so for dinner I had 2 small hamburger patties, 2 slices of cheese. I definitely hit my calorie limit, but proud of myself for sticking to my diet in the Steak n Shake drive thru! I wanted fries and a shake SO BAD!! haha!
Tomorrow I'm planning on bacon and eggs and GY.
Old 03-10-2012, 05:07 AM   #66
Major LCF Poster!

137.4, WOOT!
One more pound and I will be in virgin territory for this round, and another pound after that and I will be in virgin territory of adulthood!
Today, I really want bacon and eggs so I am going to try to squeeze that in, and greek yogurt too. I will probably end at about 900 calories taking this route. We are also going to a party tonight, so I will be taking vodka and diet root beer. The vodka is cupcake flavored, so I know it has carbs/sugars. I am hoping I will still experience the diuertic effects I always get when I have vodka. Fingers crossed.

*Clean eating and daily workouts
*Bikini Body Mommy Challenge
*Month 1 down, Month 2 started 8/12
*Goal: Fit into old clothes and overall fitness
Old 03-10-2012, 03:56 PM   #67
Major LCF Poster!

Today ended up:
Breakfast:
1 slice cheese, coffee/cream, 4 slices bacon, 2 eggs: (104, 80, 173, 142)
Dinner:
1.5 Steakums, grilled peppers and onions, butter (156, 12, 32, 51) I forgot the cheese, 104
Snack: SF hot chocolate
Totals for my day: 802. (actually 906)
66% fat, 11% carbs, 23% protein.

Nervous about the flavored vodka tonight. I don't think it should affect me too much since I will probably only have about 3 drinks, but I think I am going to stay off the scale anyway and eat as much protein tomorrow as I can tomorrow.

PLUS, I am making my own greek yogurt so we shall see how it turns out! I can't wait!

Last edited by RileyWorm; 03-10-2012 at 03:58 PM..
Old 03-11-2012, 08:43 AM   #68
Major LCF Poster!

My weight was the same today, miracle of all miracles. Add 250 cals worth of PB and who knows how many cals worth of vodka to yesterdays total.
Today: bacon/eggs, coffee/cream
Maybe more steakums? I have leftover veggies.
Plus my homemade yogurt!
Old 03-11-2012, 02:39 PM   #69
Major LCF Poster!

Home made yogurt - DISASTER. Trying again but not going to get my hopes up.

Dinner was ground beef, onions, peppers, a bit of cheese, a bit of sour cream. Whole day came to just under 900 cals. Let's hope I don't get hungry for anything else today.
Old 03-13-2012, 10:18 AM   #70
Major LCF Poster!

Today eating GY ALL day. I had a lot for breakfast, so full I'm skipping lunch, I may eat a boiled egg if I need it. The homemade I made is SO rich and creamy. Hopefully it nets me a pound or two, I need it to hit goal by Saturday morning!
So my cals will probably be around 700-800? Nearly 300 for each serving of GY, boiled egg, some berries.
Old 03-13-2012, 10:27 AM   #71
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: tay65
Stats: On 1/6 - 215.6; current - 208.3 / 1st goal - 199
WOE: Counting calories
Start Date: March 2014
I'm going to follow your journal. I like how you eat!
tay65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 12:46 PM   #72
Major LCF Poster!

LOL thanks Tay, me too! So much easier than protocol and I lose about the same.
Old 03-13-2012, 01:55 PM   #73
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: MsHistory
Stats: 163/148/125-130?
WOE: Hhcg
Start Date: February 2011
This sounds MUCH more fun than regular P2. And since P2 isn't working very well for me this round, I think I might just give it a go : )

PLEASE continue posting!
MsHistory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 04:18 PM   #74
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks for joining me! It is fun! And working well for me so far. It worked for me last round too, though I only tried it for about a week, then I went into P3. Although, right now I'm struggling with a 2 pound bump from alcohol this weekend. It better be gone tomorrow! Mshistory- I just noticed our stats are similar - how tall are you? I'm 5'4ish", my current weight is 139 (DAMN THAT VODKA! ) and my ultimate goal is 125 as well.

Today's breakdown:
Breakfast: Homemade Greek Yogurt, berries, splenda, coffee/cream (290 for yogurt, 40 for berries, 104 for cream) = 434
Lunch: Nothing
Dinner: So far had some nibbles of some cooked pork sausage and some cheddar cheese. Probably around 200 - 250 calories worth? I was hungry and my mom was making breakfast casserole. lol. I shouldn't go to her house when I'm dieting.
So under 700 so far today. I think I'm good for the day. Maybe a sugar free hot chocolate later.

Last edited by RileyWorm; 03-13-2012 at 04:21 PM..
Old 03-13-2012, 06:15 PM   #75
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Hopefulsweigh
Stats: 155/149/139
Start Date: JUDDD restart - January 2014
I have been stalking your journal today. . Today I am on Day 3 of a fat fast - I think it may have turned into 2 loading days. At first I was down 2.8 - today I stayed the same, so that is good. I am interested to see what the scale does tomorrow. Same? up? I have eaten a lot of fat. But no sugar or starch. I know the goal was to keep cals low but even on day 1 I was over 2000 cals, same with day 2 and for sure today. But I maintained a 2.8 pound loss----seriously???? Something is working here.

I have been looking through the threads - not sure what I should eat tomorrow? EFGT? Back to regular protocol, I am still taking HCG...it didn't really work for me? And I was miserable. I tried adding protein, and I gained - this is when I decided that I would try the fat fast.

Not sure what I should do from here? I know it needs to be low cal and protein would probably be a good idea!!! I'll keep you posted!! I think I need to keep the fat! I can honestly say I have had enough today though.

Or maybe a GY day....LOL Thanks for the ideas!!!
Hopefulsweigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 03:46 AM   #76
Major LCF Poster!

Thank you all for your interest! It has been fun experimenting, for sure.

Today: 137.8 FINALLY! YAY! No more cupcake vodka for me. I "should" be to 135 by Saturday...I know I will rebound a bit from Saturday's festivities, but going to try to take it easy. I think then Sunday I will do a strict protein day, then back to hcg on Monday.

Plan for today:
B- Greek yogurt, berries, coffee/cream (332,104)=436
L- HB egg (70)
D- I think I am going to make taco beef with spaghetti squash, and try to make the spaghetti squash like Mexican rice (add a bit of Rotel?) Don't know the cals on that.
Old 03-14-2012, 07:34 AM   #77
Senior LCF Member

I am about 5'6, age 27 and having a #(*&(*&#(&% HECK of a time getting past 140. The last 5 days have been 140.something, grrrr! I was 135 in high school, so 125 is my ultimate goal, but I would probably be pretty jazzed with 130-135.

I noticed our stats were similar too, and that's why I've been contemplating following your lead! I also like that you seem to be able to drink and have a social life while you're losing, which would be soooo nice!

If I'm the same AGAIN tomorrow, I'm not sure if I should do an apple day or a Fat Fast. If I go the fat fast route, please be prepared for a bazillion questions, haha! For starters, do I stop hcg on my fat fast day? And should I start with just 1 day, and then resume 500 calories of strict protocol?

HOPEFULLY I'll just start losing again and save all this info for R3, which I will apparently be doing in spite of my best efforts. Grrrrr!
Old 03-14-2012, 10:18 AM   #78
Major LCF Poster!

mshistory, keep taking the drops while fat fasting. i did a fat fast about 4 days before I ended my last round, then did P2 the rest. The weight stayed off. The goal is 1000 calories, 75-90% from fat. The higher the percentage, the better. The fat faster's thread has tons of great info and menus. You should check it out. It was what really got me going on adding higher fat to P2 foods, for the most part. I cannot stomach dry chicken, beef, or shrimp anymore, or onions,tomatoes or asparagus. (I am technically on my 4th round of hcg so I got SOOO burned out on P2 foods!) And like you, it has been hard for me to break the 135-140 mark.

Plus, you are right, it makes being social SO much easier. I can still go to dinner or go out with my BF and friends to the bar. Plus I just feel so much better. I am up everyday by 5, work a full day, then go to grad school at night until around 11 twice a week, so I need fuel to keep me going.

Shoot I just realized I ate lunch before I took my pellets! Argh! I can't forget to take them before dinner. I only take 3 pellets, 2x a day. I have struggled in the past with finding the right dose, and I can't believe how few I have to take. Strange right?

Last edited by RileyWorm; 03-14-2012 at 10:21 AM..
Old 03-14-2012, 02:01 PM   #79
Senior LCF Member

Which pellets? And is that the only form of hhcg you've used?
Old 03-14-2012, 03:28 PM   #80
Major LCF Poster!

Natural medical supply maybe? Ive also used drops. The pellets were harder for me to find the right dose. The bottle suggests 8 pellets 3 x a day, and as you see i only take 3 two times a day! Otherwise both have worked well.
Old 03-15-2012, 10:18 AM   #81
Major LCF Poster!

137.6 (-.2) Should have been better but thinking the late night class, 5 hours of sleep, and a few bites of bratwurst derailed me this morning.
Today is my first day without hcg for my interruption this weekend.
B-coffee/cream, GY/berries (430ish)
L-2oz cheddar cheese, strawberries (250ish)
D-chicken,spaghetti squash mexican dish, with some sour cream and cheese

Going to be a bit higher today calorie wise than usual.
Old 03-15-2012, 10:24 AM   #82
Senior LCF Member

What is this sugar free hot chocolate you speak of?! : )
Old 03-15-2012, 01:07 PM   #83
Senior LCF Member

For your first fat fast, did you only do 1 day? What was your result the next day? And did you continue losing the last 3 days until you got to P3?
Old 03-15-2012, 03:06 PM   #84
Major LCF Poster!

Carnation and Swiss Miss both make 'No Sugar Added' or 'Diet' Hot Chocolate. YUM! You can make your own really easily with unsweetened cocoa powder and sweetener. But I buy it premade in packet cuz its so darn easy.

When I did the fat fast I did it for 3 days. I lost 3 pounds the first day, none the second, and 2 more the 3rd day. I would have kept going if I would have had more FF friendly foods. Then I did P2 for a few more days after that. I think I did lose maybe another pound or two but I don't remember...The second fat fast I did was 5 days and I think I lost 5 pounds then too. From my understanding the more frequent you do the FF the less effective they are.
I have really been bouncing around so much that I don't remember exactly all my weigh-ins....bouncing around due to eating totally off plan and I didn't do that strict of P3. I have cycled into my 3rd short round since January, and will be starting my 4th next week sometime. Plus I switched scales so my new one weighs 4 pounds higher than my old one, so it is hard for me to remember my weights from when I had the old scale or the new scale. In all, in two months of cycling I have lost a little less than 20 pounds. I started around 154 and am currently 137ish. The whole time I've been totally rogue, eating fat, raising protein and calories, etc...(My first two rounds, last year, were strict protocol.)

And, so exciting, I finally found Strawberry Shortcake DD coffee, AND Toasted Almond too! And they were on sale!!!

Last edited by RileyWorm; 03-15-2012 at 03:08 PM..
Old 03-16-2012, 10:22 AM   #85
Major LCF Poster!

138.2 this morning. (+1). Two factors: SF chocolate (malitol) and/or probiotics made my tummy a little upset last night; and I exercised. I should have known.
I *think* I will be down tomorrow, I can just feel it...do you ever have that feeling??
Today - keeping it lower cal and high(er) protein.
B-2 hb eggs, coffee/cream (140, 100)
L-PB (240)
D-planning on bunless cheeseburger but we'll see.

Tomorrow is going to be my 'refeed', plan to stay low-carb on the eats, but will be having lots of beer for St. Pat's celebration. I wish I could avoid it, but I love St. Pat's, and I love beer too and don't get to have it too much anymore. Sunday, hopefully I have the willpower to stay off the scale and just do a strict protein day, but who knows. I will be back to check in then. Then HCG Monday again.

Last edited by RileyWorm; 03-16-2012 at 10:24 AM..
Old 03-16-2012, 11:12 AM   #86
Senior LCF Member

Ugh, I wish I was having beer for St. Patty's... I'm so over P2.
Old 03-16-2012, 01:41 PM   #87
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsHistory View Post
Ugh, I wish I was having beer for St. Patty's... I'm so over P2.
I know the feeling! Hence why I eat so rogue. I can't stomach chicken breast, shrimp, scallops, asparagus, or raw tomatoes anymore.

Don't be too jealous of the beer- I will probably have a huge bump-up! Oh well I think with a few solid protein days it will come down fast. I would rather fight water weight than actual fat. I will drink one for you!!
Old 03-18-2012, 06:10 AM   #88
Major LCF Poster!

Yesterday's weigh in: 137.
However, all the crap I ate and drank yesterday ballooned me up for sure. I didn't even weigh today. I am going to eat high protein today, then go back to hcg and rogue protocol tomorrow. I'm going to try to not weigh until Tuesday.
Old 03-19-2012, 10:19 AM   #89
Major LCF Poster!

On tap for today:
B- 2 HB eggs, coffee/cream
L- 250 cals worth of PB
D- I have 250 calories left, so maybe some salami/cheese? Or GY/berries?

I weighed but not going to share; the number was higher than expected but I know it is ALL water. I did eat un-clean foods but not that many pounds worth of calories! I may stay off the scale all week.
Old 03-19-2012, 10:41 AM   #90
Senior LCF Member

Oh my gosh, I drank enough green beers for the both of us! No regrets though, I feel SO much better than I've been feeling throughout all of this round. Up FIVE pounds though, which I'm hoping will go back away very soon!

After all the crap I ate this weekend, I figured I would eat clean for 2 days and THEN try the Fat Fast, but I see you are going back to FF right away... so maybe I'll do that tomorrow? Can't wait to see if it works for me because R2 has been awful.

What did you eat for your high protein day? Hope you had a fun St. Patty's day!