Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-09-2013, 05:30 AM   #841
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: RileyWorm
I'm so ready to start low carb again. I don't know when I got into this habit of eating whatever I want.

Good luck on your Friday weigh in!

Here's one pic of the house, this is the shake siding up finally and the bracketing.

RileyWorm is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 11-09-2013, 06:03 PM   #842
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: TerriMM
Stats: 144/141.8/130
WOE: IE/M&E
I'm not sure if I love the brick or the window more?!?! You must just be in dreamland. Beautiful!!!!

Official Friday said I recovered from the "corn bread incident" and I'm holding my own during HH week, but little else. Not bad considering.

I know what you mean about off plan. All of a sudden I find myself with a big piece of potato going in my mouth and it's "who am I and how did I get here?" Right now after the afore mentioned incident I'm just trying to get by being obviously not ridiculous. That's the best I can do at the moment.
Old 11-10-2013, 04:13 PM   #843
Major LCF Poster!

Awesome about the Friday weigh in!! Ok I forget, what is HH week?? It's like PUT DOWN THE POTATO and step away!! I know the feeling! Yesterday I mindlessly ate 2 cadbury creme eggs for breakfast!! Before 7 am even!! WTH! I think I finally for real this time have hit rock bottom and I'm ready to rock'n roll. I think by telling the BF that I'm DIETING, no more fast food runs or pizza deliveries!! Makes it seem like now I have no excuse. Tomorrow is meat and egg, Tuesday will be yogurt day. I might alternate like that all week.

So this week we should have the mudding/taping and the whole exterior done, given the gas gets hooked up. They won't do the mudding/taping without heat and we are supposed to have snow this week!

Then this weekend we are going to pick out our granite slab for the kitchen and....picking up.....my engagement ring! The boyfriend surprised me today with a trip to the jewelry store so we got that picked out today. Already I can tell you that we are probably going to have a long engagement, we've been dating 8 years so obviously we have never been in any hurry to get married, and when we do, it'll be on the beach somewhere. All that planning, decorating, shopping, gives me anxiety just thinking about it! But non the less diamond rings are always fun!

WOE: General Low Carb
Goal: 20 lbs to lose
9/14 - 5 lbs down, 15 to go.
Old 11-11-2013, 10:53 AM   #844
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

WOO HOO Diamonds, Diamonds, Diamonds............ Congratulations. What a year you're having!!

HH = Hormonal Hell, for me is the week before. TOM just arrived, so hopefully on the back end of that train. I've been having a few carbs, a small red potato with pot roast, bbq sauce on ribs, etc. Not intentional, but Iím just going with the flow and not feeling the bingey type cravings, so thatís a plus. Iíll probably continue this way through DHís birthday week, hopefully not gain too much and hit ďsomethingĒ hard next Monday. DH keeps threatening to get serious, if that happens, itíll really help. Of course a short week and a half after that is Thanksgiving. I might do a FF next week, even toyed with a short round, weíll see.
TerriMM is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 05:52 PM   #845
Major LCF Poster!

Yeah the looming holiday is making me feel a bit more frantic! I can't see myself getting much accomplished before the holiday but it is a stark reminder that I will likely be dieting now just to gain is all back over the holidays! HH=I'm that way too. Bring on the chocolate for sure!!

Yogurt day tomorrow! Today went well but MAN WAS I CRABBY. I don't know if it was the carb withdrawal or what. Hoping tomorrow is better in that respect bc I did not like my mood today one bit, even though I told myself I was just being crabby I couldn't shake it!
Old 11-11-2013, 09:54 PM   #846
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I find fat of almost any kind really helps the crabbiness for me.

I'm feeling a bit aimless today I want some carbs but don't want to give up my fat. This is why I'm attracted to Primal, but I'm having trouble being true for some reason. I think Iíll do a beef & egg day tomorrow just to get myself back on track and shake some of what I know I picked up over the weekend. Iím going to stay away from as much processed as possible.

I think I'll pull out some of my Dvds, maybe my slow burn book. Maybe focusing on that will help.

Good luck tomorrow!
Old 11-12-2013, 04:47 PM   #847
Major LCF Poster!

Greek yogurt day was a semi success. Semi only b/c by dinner time I was ravenous and craving a different texture. So I had some pork rinds with mayo and some bacon. So a good day anyway! Feeling much better. I think I might finally have my stuff together this time. And the crabbiness was gone for the most part!

I'm thinking this weekend I'm going to make chicken crust pizza. Have you ever made that?
Old 11-12-2013, 10:04 PM   #848
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Great Job

Today was a good day for me too. Eggs for breakfast, leftover pot roast for lunch and Tri-Tip Salad for dinner with some chocolate Greek yogurt and cream for dessert.

Then had a real good work out after dinner.

I'll trade you my cheese crust pizza recipe for your chicken crust recipe
Old 11-13-2013, 04:51 PM   #849
Major LCF Poster!

OK I'm feeling the mojo now!!!! WOOT! I think that we can do it this time, I just have this feeling!!
Today was another success, bacon and eggs for breakfast, pistachios for a snack, chicken with some sort of cheese sauce for lunch. The cheese sauce probably wasn't 100% legit but I think it'll pass . No dinner yet, not feeling hungry. I might just have some pork rinds again with mayo. So I'm not really doing meat and egg but mostly just fat and protein. lol. Tomorrow I"m going to try for another yogurt day, I think I'm going to try to make a chocolate shake of some sort with it. I might even try it for dinner tonight.

Ok, chicken crust recipe I'm pretty sure it's from The Lighter Side?
1 cup shredded chicken packed tightly, 1 cup mozzarella, plus italian type seasonings. I had read on the forums it's better than the cauli crust and I thought I remembered that one lady on here would make it in a springform pan.

Not really a huge fan of canned chicken but I wonder if you could use that too?

I love the cauli crust but I hate having to get out the food processer to mince up the cauli, and I've tried a cream cheese crust, and NO. Just NO, it was not good...I can't remember where I got the recipe?
Old 11-14-2013, 12:36 PM   #850
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Well yesterday didnít exactly go according to plan. My mind is getting ready to jump into a plan, so my little devil is saying last change for carbs , go for it. Not terrible, wrap for lunch and pot pie for dinner, neither of which was worth it, so Iím calling it therapy. Today is DHs birthday. Planning Lobster, crab and steak. Aside from the wine, that should work.

Your pizza sounds good. I think canned chicken would work great. Iím not a fan normally either, but this might just be the one reason to use it.

Okay hereís mine.
Cheese Crust Pizza
1 Ĺ ounce shredded sharp cheddar
1T pesto, tomato pesto or alfredo sauce
Sliced olives
Mini pepperoni or Chopped cooked bacon
Arrange shredded cheese in skillet. Heat on medium to medium-high until cheese holds together and lifts easily with spatula, free the edges and flip. Cook just a touch on the other side. Spread with sauce and toppings. Finish under toaster oven carefully not to burn. Allow to cool for a minute so crust is firm again.
Old 11-14-2013, 05:47 PM   #851
Major LCF Poster!

I'm still battling that feeling a bit. I came home from work and just wanted to chow down on chips. I had a few then back to fish for dinner. I'm determined to make it work this time but it's daunting thinking about all the yummy not good for you foods I'm cutting out now. Your day could have defn been worse, the birthday dinner sounds like a perfectly decadent and 'safe' dinner! Have fun!

I will have to try your pizza too b/c it sounds waaayy quicker and probably easier to make a single serving.

Gosh I can't wait for tomorrow, this work week has been hellish. Plus looking forward to making pizzas and probably cheesecake too! I need something sweet to snack on once in a while.
Old 11-15-2013, 09:43 AM   #852
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Boy did I want to stop at Starbucks this morning and not for coffee. If any of our vendors bring in donuts I'm in trouble.

Birthday bash went well food wise, but a little too much wine. I'm having to eat myself healthy today, so I packed a bunch of legal food. Hoping not to deviate.

The pizza is super easy and fast and goes great with a side salad.
Old 11-16-2013, 05:45 AM   #853
Major LCF Poster!

Friday's are our weekly Starbuck's trip, once thing I won't give up lol. I got the peppermint mocha frap, OMG DELICIOUS. I like the salted caramel too with extra salt. I was on plan besides that, then Mexican for dinner, I had 2 tortilla wraps with my fajitas and some rice. SOOOO, it wasn't the best day but I've had much worse.

Anyway the BF surprised me with the ring yesterday after work so that was nice.

Too much wine: oh well. While I really want to lose some weight and be strict, other times I just think, GEEZ you gotta live alittle girl! So I'm sure no harm no foul. Glad you enjoyed the evening anyway!
Old 11-17-2013, 10:18 AM   #854
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

For me the worst thing about too much wine is what I eat either during or to recover.

I've been using the "vacation" policy this week. Decide which meal of the day is going to be your indulgence and stick with only one. I can't say that I know for sure, I haven't weighed, but judging by my clothes, I think it's working to a least keep gains at bay. I agree, right now I'm feeling the need to live a little more than the need to lose as much as possible. I do not however want to go backwards!! And a little success would be wonderful!

I was thinking of kicking something into gear tomorrow. But then I remembered I'm going to Dad's for dinner and pick up my China for Thanksgiving. And Dad doesn't get low carb. So it's vacation day again

I did start taking HCG1234 drops yesterday (Faux HCG). They do help with appetite just as well as my Intermountain pellets, but I don't feel like they work against me if I overdo like I think the pellets do. Since I started mid day yesterday that will make 2-1/2 days loading. Then the only question is will I go low cal or fat fast on Tuesday. I have the food for either way, so I'll just go with how I feel.

Big congrads on the ring!! Do you love it? Picture please.
Old 11-19-2013, 06:28 PM   #855
Major LCF Poster!

I love it!! Seriously almost wrecked my car like 10 times cuz I keep staring at it. It's simple but gorgeous (IMO!) I'm waiting til Thanksgiving to tell my gma's then I'll be able to upload some pics. (I don't know how to upload pics from my phone unless it's through Facebook and not ready to share with facebook friends yet!)

I've taken the HCG 1234 and lost normally on it, just like regular hcg. I used it on my last legitimate rogue round last year. Your 'vacation' method is kindof how I lost about 20 pounds about 6 years ago. I didn't keep track of a thing, I did light exercise and ate low carb (and lowish fat too) through out the day and then just ate whatever I wanted for dinner, but my rule was smaller portions and no seconds. I'd love to get back to that. I kindof have been doing that but I think I just overdo it on my indulgence meal. lol. So I've fallen off the wagon a tad this week but don't think I'm really doing any damage. My main problem is I'm so darn lazy anymore, the thought of fixing food doesn't appeal to me at all anymore. I think part of it is the feeling of limbo right now in this house since we are moving soon, I lack motivation for anything that involves house keeping, cooking, cleaning etc....:/

WELL, the drywall and paint should be done I think the end of this week!! It's getting soo close! I promise to get pics up soon of the house and the ring. I have to try to figure out how to upload pics without using facebook!
Old 11-19-2013, 08:19 PM   #856
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

That's awesome! After all these years there's nothing more fun than shining that puppy up and taking it out in the sun.

Had a good FF day today. I already feel the difference. Somehow I tweaked my back. Too much gardening and toting I guess. So no exercise for me. I did remember that on the body flex breathing exercises she talked about how she used to have a lot of back pain, but now nothing. I tried some this morning and I do think it helped. So I'll pacify myself with that for a few days.

I know how you feel. I was real heavy when we bought our last house. We were in a vacation rental for a couple months waiting for it to get finished. Don't over stress about it. Just keep keeping it sane so you don't have too much to work off when you get settled.
Old 11-24-2013, 01:54 PM   #857
Major LCF Poster!

Of course I have nothing good to report. Ha. We went to this fabulous restaurant around here that's Cajun inspired, it was featured on a Food Network Show a couple years ago. It was amazing. I don't think I'll be able to do anything serious diet wise until the holidays are over. I'm going to keep it as low carb as I can but not worry about the scale/losing/parties/etc.

So what are your plans for Thanksgiving? We are going to my Grandma's on Thursday and other Grandma's on Sunday. Then laying our hardwood in between! Woot!!
Old 11-25-2013, 08:51 AM   #858
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yeah Iíve come to about the same exact conclusion. I stepped on the scale to find Iím holding steady. Which was a little disappointing after three FF days, but that was only after yet another indulgent weekend. So all & all if I can maintain and enjoy the Holidays that will work for me.

I'm cooking for my dad, brother, his wife, his daughter and my hubby. So it will be a very nice and intimate affair. Last time I cooked (two years ago) I was at my lowest and the talk of the table. So Iím a little bummed to be back up. However this year everyone gets their favorites instead of all the weird and careful stuff. So I think theyíll be happier.
Old 11-26-2013, 07:27 PM   #859
Major LCF Poster!

Not brave enough to get on the scale. I haven't been eating the best but keeping it low carb all but one meal a day really. Oh well. Definitely not going to worry about it until it's the new year.

I know what you mean about being bummed - someone the other day said they almost didn't recognize me and I immediately thought it was because I've gained some weight. But of course it could also be the somewhat new short blond hair. Frustrating isn't it. But if there's any other better time to indulge it's definitely Thanksgiving! Sorry but it isn't the same with out mashed potatoes and dressing.

Sounds like you'll have a nice mellow holiday though. My dad is 1 of 7 so we have a huge family of about 25 grand kids and 15 or more great grand kids. It's chaos.

Well, I got my granite counter top slabs picked out, the interior doors are ready for pickup, tile is in, hardwood ready to be laid this weekend. Painters finishing up tomorrow. Moving day will be here before we know it!!!
Old 11-26-2013, 10:37 PM   #860
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I think we're on the same track. So what do you say we enjoy the heck out of the holiday, celebrate all we're grateful for. Eat (and drink) only what's worth it and start the recovery next week?

Maybe your friend didnít recognize your because youíre so happy.
Old 12-01-2013, 04:53 PM   #861
Major LCF Poster!

Well the holiday weekend was a long carb filled extravaganza!! I have some low carb foods to help get me through this week. I've got yogurt, cottage cheese, eggs, spinach, snow peas, red grapefruit, berries, and broccoli. Hopefully I get the urge to work out too.

How was your holiday? How did your thanksgiving dinner go? Do you do black friday shopping? I never do, I always find pretty good deals online and I really hate shopping on a regular day with the crowds lol.

Here's some pics of this house now:

Last edited by RileyWorm; 12-01-2013 at 04:56 PM..
Old 12-01-2013, 07:24 PM   #862
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

That looks so awesome!!! I'll bet you're just beside yourself to move in. When is the ETA?

My Thanksgiving was very nice. Everyone had a good time and the meal turned out well. The only thing was my brother was sick and now I think DH is coming down with it. I understand him not wanting to miss out and even feeling obligated, but dang! And yes a carb fest.

Did you enjoy your holiday? I don't do the Black Friday thing either. Enduring crowds to buy what I wouldn't have bought in the first place never made a lick of sense to me. And if it was something I really wanted, I'd be hard pressed not to find it cheaper and easier online. I completely agree with you. Last year I probably did 90% of my shopping online and intend to do the same this year.

DH has wanted to do Atkins (by the book), so I decided to join him. I know low carb inside and out and really don't need the book, but I figured it might give me the structure I need to succeed. At the very least not gain over the next round of holidays. And it would be pretty great to lose. There isn't a thing I would miss having during the holidays, and it gives me a great excuse not to have it just because it's there. So believe it or not, tomorrow I'm going to weigh in I contemplated not and just going by my clothes, but I'm always sorry when I do that and don't get the full high of how much I've lost. But then I'm going to weekly or longer to eliminate obsessing. Come tomorrow I'm starting Induction 101 via the new book.
Old 12-02-2013, 05:59 PM   #863
Major LCF Poster!

Here's hoping you don't catch the bug too!! I've had a touch of something too but I figured between the stress at work and laying the floors this weekend it's no surprise I don't feel the greatest. Today was an 'ok' day for me, low carb all day and a regular dinner at my mom's (and half a piece of apple pie, whoops). But considering all the junk and carbs I ate all weekend I surprisingly feel ok.

Atkins sounds great, I would love to join you but I'm thinking that for some reason I won't be able to find my mojo til Jan 1. Once I make it a resolution maybe I'll stick to it. I'm really considering HCG again but I don't know what makes me think I'll be able to stick to it. Was going to work out tonight but decided to job hunt instead. Fingers crossed for your weigh in!!! I find I can't really go by my clothes because on any given day my clothes fit differently depending on if I dried them, hung them out, etc. KWIM?

The move in date is still supposed to be before Christmas, I'm hoping for the weekend of the 20th. As of now we are still on target so unless something crazy happens we will be in then! Regardless we will celebrate Christmas at the new house anyway.

I already bought a couple things online so glad I got that out of the way. I got my mom a meyer lemon tree from the dogs and then I got each of my parents a Roku to watch netflix (1 for dad's big screen in the basement and another for the tv in the living room).

Last edited by RileyWorm; 12-02-2013 at 06:01 PM..
Old 12-02-2013, 10:01 PM   #864
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

You made me look up Roku Sounds very cool. You're way ahead of me shopping. But I really only shop for DH and a couple small friend gifts. My son just wants money and my niece is at the age that she wants clothes and probably not the ones that Aunt Terri would pick out So she'll probably get money too. The rest of the family doesn't really exchange, we just get together. Christmas Eve is at my brothers and then we might drive down the coast to see my son. Are you going to have a little tree at the new house?

With all the stress you're going through you had better take care of yourself. Which would you rather be a couple pounds lighter or healthy to move into your house? Not that both wouldn't be mighty fine

DH is super sick. I'm alternating Vit D, wellness & Zycam.

Atkins by the book is a huge amount of food and more veggies then I've eaten in a long time. It's fun and different so I'm going for it now, but it's also a lot of work and rather expensive, so if I don't see some real results I'll just convert to "Terri's way" following the rules. My goal is to lose 10 lbs by the end of the year. That way I'll at least be at my lowest for the year.
Old 12-03-2013, 05:15 PM   #865
Major LCF Poster!

I was wondering if you had any kids the other day, is your son close to you? We don't buy for many either, just our immediate families (my bro and parents, and Jon's dad and sis, and then my grandparents) and then my godchild. That's it.

I'd love to put up a tree and I probably will in one of my front bedrooms out of the way. The only thing that really needs to go in there yet is trim. Usually I'd have the house all decked out by now!

I think that's part of the reason I haven't really been low carbing, because it IS expensive. I also need to get creative with some recipes. I'm tired of the same old stuff. The broccoli from yesterday is getting to me so no dinner, and lunch was a sandwich. Not sure why my stomach is so touchy lately.

Kitchen cabinets are coming tomorrow!!! WOOT!
Old 12-03-2013, 09:22 PM   #866
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

My son is my step son, but everyone that knows he doesn't belong to both of us just assumes he's mine. He looks just like me and he calls me Mom. But I didn't get him until he was eleven. He's a real good kid, but having a little trouble finding his place in the world. Spend a little too much time trying to be a heavy metal musician so he's starting in the real world a little behind on the time clock.

I can do low carb A LOT cheaper. I'll probably make up some by using a lot of what I bought for the next couple weeks. I just found a great way to save on hamburger and get great meat. Buy a roast on sale and have them grind it for you. I got a cross rib for 3.99 a pound and oh my, it was yummy!

Sorry about the tummy trouble, hope you feel better tomorrow!
Old 12-04-2013, 05:35 PM   #867
Major LCF Poster!

So how's the atkins going? Nothing new to report here. I was low carbish except for starbucks today. Just gonna cruise along this way til the holidays are over and the new year starts.

Supposed to be in the house in 3 weeks, fingers crossed the rest goes as planned!!!
Old 12-04-2013, 09:13 PM   #868
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

It's going okay. I couldnít follow the menu today though. Grilled tomato for breakfast and Grilled Tuna for dinner? I went eggs and sausage and tri-tip salad. I'm feeling like I'm losing. Not HCG losing but moving the right direction. I think I'll go back to official Friday weigh ins but I'll skip this one to keep my mojo (hopefully) going.

Three weeks means Christmas!!!
Old 12-09-2013, 07:43 PM   #869
Major LCF Poster!

So how are things going with you? How was the weigh in? At this point talking about my diet and food sounds like a broken record so I don't think I'm going to talk about it any more. lol. Until I make a serious change.

Spent the whole weekend painting/staining trim and stair parts and laying tile, plus every night this week is more staining and painting. This girl is ready to be done!!!!

Also I have a job interview Thursday so fingers crossed for me!! It would be my ideal job so I'm really hoping I get it! Plus I can't wait to get away from the hell hole I"m in now.
Old 12-09-2013, 08:36 PM   #870
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Big fingers crossed for you. Wouldn't that be the icing on the cake!! No pun intended Speaking of cake, just do the best you can and enjoy all the wonderful things in your life right now. You'll only be here once. You can lose later. Just try and keep the monster at bay.

My weekend was good. A little anti-climatic, DH is still sick. We went for a little drive, that's about it. I stuck to low carb with a little added wine, but not over board. I didn't weigh in. I have declared this a month of freedom. Freedom from the scale and tracking. I'm going to stick to low carb, try to fit in mini workouts whenever convenient, and enjoy the rest of the month. I'll have the party challenges, etc but I'm going to make it my special game on how to stay low carb through it all. Once it's over I'll look back and realize I didn't miss a thing but a few extra pounds I don't have to worry about next year. I weighed in the first of the month (after Thanksgiving) at 146.3. The first of the year I was 141.2. If I finish the year even I will be happy. If I beat the score I'll call it a big win. Game on!