Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-17-2013, 08:32 PM   #811
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: TerriMM
Stats: 144/142.7/130
WOE: IE/M&E
Is the cereal new this week? Could that be the tummy rumbles?

I did great at the service because I had a hamburger patty before I went, plus one for breakfast. Then I picked up a bunless burger for dinner. Kind of a tweaked beef day. We'll see how it works. 962 calories.

Can't wait to see the new pictures! When are you hoping to be move in ready?
TerriMM is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 10-18-2013, 09:05 AM   #812
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

And big for the 2#. Sounds like your body is liking the new WOE
Old 10-18-2013, 05:34 PM   #813
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: RileyWorm
Yes I think you're right, I'm thinking the cereal and the broc/cauli lunch combo are to blame, either one or the other or the mixture. Much better today!! Did well today too, carb for the day was an everything bagel. It was amazing. lol. Next week hoping to get into my workouts again. I'd love it if I could average 2# a week. I could be at goal by new year, ideally.

You did awesome anyway, higher cals or no! I think you'll be at your goal in no time.

I'll upload some pics Monday once the brick starts. The siding turned out soooo good I'm really pleased with my choice. Picking out my shake siding tomorrow.

*Clean eating and daily workouts
*Bikini Body Mommy Challenge
*Month 1 down, Month 2 started 8/12
*Goal: Fit into old clothes and overall fitness
RileyWorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 05:12 PM   #814
Major LCF Poster!

It goes without saying that I did horribly this weekend lol.. Today was okay. No workout, got home too late and didn't feel up to it.

anyway here's some house pics:

Last edited by RileyWorm; 10-21-2013 at 05:16 PM..
Old 10-22-2013, 05:32 AM   #815
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

My goodness! The house is really coming together! And how beautiful, you have very lovely taste. Funny how small it seemed when they first started, huh?

I was up 3.3 over the weekend, started the week a bit depressed. Didn’t lift (to busy getting the checkbook up to date), but I did power walk. I switched to FF yesterday 1358 calories/83% fat - down 2.3#. Yes the body loves fat. Just what I needed to make it successfully though my friend's birthday lunch today. I hate to admit it, but my body is teaching me over and over again that carbs are not my friend. I was able to eat fruit and maintain, but it doesn't look like grains are in the future for me if I don't want to diet the rest of my life. I really miss Primal and can't wait to get back to it. I plan to FF through the week, ideally through next week, but not sure if I’ll make it through the weekend and then I’ll probably take a maintain break for a while.
Old 10-22-2013, 06:06 PM   #816
Major LCF Poster!

Have you been taking the hcg still? Bummer about the gain but you rock those fat fasts! I never have good successes like that. I've just been doing some what moderate carb, moderate fats. I've really only been eating carbs in the morning, just bought some whole grain english muffins so looking forward to eating those. I think I'll be able to lose this way but time will tell. Staying off the scale! I got in a workout tonight, 25 min combo of trampolining, weights, squats, sit ups, etc. I think my approach is working okay so far, I just need to reign in my weekend splurges. I don't think carbs are my friend, and I know I will probably lose a bit slower, but I think by keeping my carbs not as low then I won't have the ridiculous rebounds if I ever decide to have a piece of cake or too much wine.

Tomorrow is my birthday so we are going to Texas Roadhouse, I'm excited! And yes I am going to eat some rolls! I can't wait, lol!

Brick might be done tomorrow, I'll make sure I get better pics once the scaffolding is gone and the mortar lightens up. Met with the electrician today. My cousin says he thinks we are on schedule for Dec 15 move in!

Last edited by RileyWorm; 10-22-2013 at 06:08 PM..
Old 10-22-2013, 08:56 PM   #817
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I hope you have a great time!!!! So tell me about a Texas Roadhouse, Bar-b-que?

Sounds like you have a real sensible plan.

I'm not sure how tomorrow is going to work out. I did great at the restaurant. Not a single chip, no chips on my salad, but the calories added up to 1135 But you inspired me to do my lift & squat routine tonight, so we'll see.
Old 10-23-2013, 08:16 AM   #818
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Down .30. Not bad for 1854/80% plus restarting lifting. and yes, I'm still doing HCG.
Old 10-24-2013, 05:45 PM   #819
Major LCF Poster!

doing okay over here. not weighing so not much to report except i'm feeling okay i guess. only one workout so far this week but once is better than none. i've been getting home too late from work. birthday dinner was fabulous. been doing pretty good of keeping my carbs moderate. been eating a whole grain english muffin in the mornings with my eggs.

how are you doing?
Old 10-24-2013, 07:39 PM   #820
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Glad you had a great birthday! What did you have at the Road House? So is work okay now that they rehired some?

I'm doing well. FF is a lot easier for me. I've gone out to lunch for the last three days and so far I'm down 3.8. The only bad part is 3.4 of that was weekend gain. So I'm hoping for another .60 to make official Friday a whole # but if I get .90 I'll be in the 120s

Happy Friday!
Old 10-24-2013, 08:11 PM   #821
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Woops, wishful thinking. That would be the 130s
Old 10-26-2013, 08:23 PM   #822
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Go Cards!! Good game so far.

Is it just me or is anyone else done with the scraggly beards?
Old 10-27-2013, 05:49 AM   #823
Major LCF Poster!

haha yeah they've been talking about that on the radio and news a lot here. i haven't gotten to watch any of the games yet! We have a wedding last night so I missed last night's game too.

You are doing phenomenal! Did you hit the 130's??

I'm doing 'okay' chugging along, I know I've probably been too crazy on weekends but I'm feeling fine and I'm doing great during the week, so there's that. Had to buy pants this weekend for the wedding and I was super unhappy with the size I had to buy so maybe that'll get me motivated to start doing better.

Went and picked out the fireplace yesterday, I think they are going to be drywalling this week or next already!
Old 10-27-2013, 10:34 AM   #824
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

That's right, wedding weekend. How was it?

I didn't make it to the 130s actually had a bump Friday. Just trying to make it through the weekend without too much damage and work on getting there this Friday. I'm considering stopping HCG. Not seeing a big benefit and with FF zapping my appetite what's the point?
Old 10-28-2013, 09:42 AM   #825
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Much better start to the week. Because of my Friday bump I’m actually down .70 over the weekend, just .40 away from Thursday’s low. So my hopes are high to see the 130s. I went ahead and stopped the pellets, but I’m continuing with FF.

I started my Body Flex breathing exercises again today after reading the success with tightening, toning and just fitting into her jeans that Dana Carpender has had with the program. Plus power walking most days at work and lifting “slow” two or three times a week.

Hope you have a great day!
Old 10-28-2013, 05:41 PM   #826
Major LCF Poster!

hey down is down! i haven't weighed at all, but feeling incredibly bloated today (and I look it also!) Hung up my skinny jeans for inspiration man do they look tiny. Did my workout tonight. Breakfast was my old standby of 2 eggs, 2 bacon, and a bagel, lunch was some steak and broccoli/cauli, no dinner (ever since my tummy issues that one day veggies and fiber make my stomach really upset!)

I think I might start tanning. That always gets me motivated to get into shape.

Did you have a nice weekend otherwise? We worked at the house all day yesterday. Dry wall delivered, I think they are actually starting tomorrow! The wedding was beautiful but boring otherwise (I really don't like weddings, lol). Made my mom take me home early. The food was really good, they had the best carrots I've ever had! lol.
Old 10-28-2013, 08:10 PM   #827
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I know how you feel. I had a terrible bloated and gassy tummy last night after an artichoke.

Tanning does that for me too. You just look slimmer tanned and that gets you going.
Old 10-29-2013, 05:12 PM   #828
Major LCF Poster!

What is it with the most random stuff affecting us like that? lol. I'm feeling a little blah again today but I think it's a carry over from yesterday. I did my workout though!

Fun news for the day , I got a $450 refund on my hardwood floors, the flooring I bought is on sale now so I asked for a refund on the difference of what I paid and the sale price! Woot!
Old 10-29-2013, 09:48 PM   #829
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Get your butt to the tanning booth! The vitamin D will perk you right up. And you with the big bucks & all Come to think of it, I just might do that. I could use me a little perk too.

Well this week is a little upside down. We were supposed to have dinner with the friends we visited in Vegas tomorrow, they're back for a visit. Then they asked to go to my favorite "evil" Mex joint. Then DH's job went viral. Good, more money. Bad, he won't be back until Friday so I'm on my own. Bad I was up .20 today. Good my face looks thinner. Bad I ate too many calories today. Good I worked out tonight too.

So................................................ .......tomorrows another day............................................... .......to be continued.
Old 10-30-2013, 05:00 PM   #830
Major LCF Poster!

Yep I think this weekend I'm starting up again on the tanning. Didn't tan all summer but now that it's winter... lol....
Deciding on the workout tonight. Not feeling it.

Bummer about the bump but yay for the thinner face!

Had pasta for lunch. Yikes. Oh well. Can't decide what I want for dinner. It will probably be something most unhealthy....as you say...tomorrows another day...
Old 10-31-2013, 09:06 AM   #831
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I enjoy tanning much more in the winter. It’s warm and cozy, your body really can use the Vitamin D and you look prettier than all the other pasty white girls whose tans are fading.

Sounds like yesterday was your bug day, today you can be the windshield. That’s kind of how it was for me too. Dinner with friends turned out to be a backyard bar-b-que, which was better than the evil Mexican joint but I wasn’t terribly motivated to say “no thank you”. So .60 bump for an enjoyable evening, and I can still claim 141, I’m good. Today going to do a M&E day just because I have tons of leftovers and no DH at home to eat them. Then I think I’ll just move to Primal for a while with intermittent M&E. HH week starts tomorrow and DH’s birthday is Nov 14 so I will probably hang with that for a while and just focus on keeping up with exercise.

Sorry about the series. I was the only one last night routing for the Cards. Everyone else was going for Boston. But I held on to the very end.
Old 11-01-2013, 04:54 PM   #832
Major LCF Poster!

Awww it was a bummer but there's always next year. I didn't get into this series only b/c I didn't get the chance to really watch a single game! :/

Did much better today, I DID have a choco chip cookie at lunch but other than that it was a normal day!

.6 bump, that's nothing! Good job and congrats! lol.

I think I might continue on the way I am until my english muffins are gone then I'm going to switch to low carb. Really get my metabolism revving before I switch here, I"m hoping the carbs I"m eating now will make the weight slip off quick when I go low carb. We will see!!

We have some dry wall up! I will post some pics next week when the siding is all the way done. We've been waiting weeks for the shake to come in!

Here's to a successful weekend! Fingers crossed things don't get too out of hand!
Old 11-04-2013, 04:20 PM   #833
Major LCF Poster!

it's Monday! The weekend was typical. If I can learn to conquer my weekends I'll be good to go. I think I have a week of English muffins, and going to phase out carbs otherwise. I have a fridge full of full fat yogurt, cheese, veggies, eggs, HWC, etc. I made a much needed grocery store run, and I should be good to go then!! I just commented today on how now my 'fat' pants are now just 'pants'. lol. Not really laughing but the thing is I know I can lose it if I really just get my act together!

I did make an enchilada casserole this weekend, it was pretty darn good and full of total crap (cream soups mainly!). But otherwise a good recipe that I think could be tweaked with low carb tortillas at some point.
Old 11-04-2013, 08:47 PM   #834
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

The weekend was going so low carby well. Then DH talked me into a trial run of Thanksgiving stuffing. I couldn't find premade corn bread, so baked it fresh. It didn't take too much of fresh warm cornbread to make us not hungry for dinner. That in itself may have been survivable, but the baked potato to recover from the wine that went with it, I had for lunch, may have been over the top So this is as good a week as any to go back to once a week weigh in I'm planning a M&E day tomorrow to get back on track. Beyond that I'm not sure.

Have you ever heard of the potato hack? It’s a resistant starch thing. Nothing but potatoes, baked, boiled, oven chips, etc. No fat added. Salt, herbs, vinegar, that's about it. Supposedly potatoes in themselves are very nutritious and we know, without the fat, very low in calories. You're supposed to eat all you want, cold is better than hot, but hot is okay. Not only are you supposed to lose like crazy, but then you're supposed to be less sensitive to occasional carb regain. I keep wondering if it's worth a try.
Old 11-05-2013, 04:29 PM   #835
Major LCF Poster!

Yes I have heard of it. I may well have to try it. Does it matter what kindof potatoes you have? I could eat the crap out of boiled and mashed potatoes or baked also. All of the above! I don't know if I could eat any of them cold though.
Today was okay. Same old same old. I AM going to do something though to kick start some weight loss. I might do some yogurt days to get this yogurt out of the fridge then maybe I'll attempt the potato fast.

Making chicken in the crockpot now with artichokes, mushrooms, tomatoes, and some cream cheese, and maybe some Italian seasoning?

You talking about stuffing makes me realize I gotta get my act together quick before Thanksgiving hits and then it's all down hill from there!! lol
Old 11-05-2013, 10:00 PM   #836
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yummy! Your crock pot meal sounds great.

Meat and egg went well. Even felt like working out. Tomorrow I have one of my seminars but I don't feel the least bit tempted to eat crap. In fact I think I'll do another M&E day. DH was thrilled with hamburger and fried eggs for dinner.

I think you can eat potatoes any way, just plain. I'm going to do some more reading. Here are a couple threads on it. I still haven't decided yet.

Potato Hack on Paleo Blogs - Anyone Doing This?

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/hc...l#post16128978
Old 11-06-2013, 05:35 PM   #837
Major LCF Poster!

I read through it real quick and it didn't really look like anyone had anything astounding happen so I think I might stick with a meat/egg/yogurt fast next week since I think I might be able to sustain that better. I think I'm going to alternate yogurt days with regular protein days or some combination of those things. I haven't been working out, since this time change I've been feeling incredibly BLAH since I get off work after dark now and I just want to go home and sit around in my PJ's.

Dry wall is done! I'm not sure what the next steps are but I'll see if I can get some pics up.
Old 11-06-2013, 08:38 PM   #838
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yeah after reading through it again I think I've come to the same conclusion. Today was day two of M&E. Doing well, feeling good, hunger is basically non-existent, though to be fair I've eaten as much as I wanted. But it does seem that I've wanted less. What kind of yogurt do you eat? Greek? FF?

It's been so long since I've seen pictures I won't recognize it When do you hope to move in?

I'm also feeling so much more at peace weighing in once a week.

Last edited by TerriMM; 11-06-2013 at 08:41 PM..
Old 11-07-2013, 05:37 PM   #839
Major LCF Poster!

the changes in the inside are huge, but the outside doesn't really look too different yet. i'll take pics this weekend. just confirmed the shipping date of the cabinets!! my contractor says as long as nothing crazy happens we will be in before christmas (supposed to be middle of december), but worst case scenario is new year's. i really wanted to spend christmas in the new house so fingers crossed!! especially since we host christmas for jon's family and i'm not planning on putting a tree up here and i have boxes everywhere already, so christmas would just not be very nice here this year lol!

i buy cabot brand, full fat. super tangy! I love it. I can't do fat free at all, it is way tooo chalky. i think i'll start yogurt day on Monday for sure.

I popped on the scale, yowza. up 3 from my official start of 'no weighing'. i'm thinking the meat/egg/yogurt fast will be just the jumpstart that I need.

Weighing once a week is so freeing!
Old 11-07-2013, 08:14 PM   #840
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

That might have been my problem. The only yogurt day I did with either low or fat free. Back in the P3 days.

Third M&E day in a row. I don't really feel a lot lighter but my tummy seems smaller. I am right before TOM though. I have also had a lot of bacon, sausage, etc and my steak tonight was marinated in a salty marinade. We'll see what official Friday says.

Don't worry 3# will disappear after a couple good protein days.