Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-06-2013, 08:33 PM   #781
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: TerriMM
Stats: 143.7/141.7/130
WOE: HDE/FF
The house is really coming together. How exciting!!! And my darling, you are one beautiful lady! Thanks for giving me a face to talk to. I'll bet your new sassy do looks incredible. And BF is not so bad himself

So I "loaded" this weekend. Pretty much low carb, but I did have a fast food sandwich for breakfast this morning. So not worth the calories. This morning I was only up .10 we'll see what tomorrow brings. I'm telling you though; I really felt the hunger suppression already yesterday. I feel like I'm ready, not just trying to be. Looking forward to less of me

Sponsored Links
Old 10-07-2013, 05:06 AM   #782
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: RileyWorm
I loaded too, on completely carb filled junk. Definitely NOT worth this horrendous bloat I feel or the likely 5 pound gain. I didn't even weigh, saving it for Friday plus I'd really hate to make this Monday even worse.
Thanks for the compliments!

Well here's to a successful week for us! My plan this week is to get big salads at work and pick on those all day. Trying to stick to protocol but I think I'll go as rogue as to mix veggies. So salads with lettuce, tomato, onion, and chicken and egg. The chicken breasts are larger than supposed to have but smaller than 2 portions.

Maybe this weekend I'll cook up some P2 chilli (even though I never really lose with that?) or maybe some beef and veggie stirfrys to eat with my shirataki.

*Clean eating and daily workouts
*Bikini Body Mommy Challenge
*Month 1 down, Month 2 started 8/12
*Goal: Fit into old clothes and overall fitness

Last edited by RileyWorm; 10-07-2013 at 05:07 AM..
RileyWorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 09:02 AM   #783
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I don’t know why it is before I start a diet I feel compelled to eat and drink everything I intend to stop eating and drinking in order to lose weight. The good news is we were at home more then out and I didn’t have a lot of bad stuff at home. I woke up 1.6# higher with a belly ache . Could have been, and has been much worse. Several times I’ve gained in excess of 6# during load.

You’re WOE sounds real reasonable. I’m rogue too. Mix veggies for sure. I also have other low glycemic veggies and fruits like broccoli and cantaloupe. Beef is my friend. Going over my journals I always see my best loses with beef. Today I had cantaloupe & a boiled egg for breakfast (I munched on breadsticks last night and couldn’t bear the thought this morning ), leftover pot roast & veggie pack for lunch and beef broccoli for dinner.

Away we go! Hopefully literally.

Last edited by TerriMM; 10-07-2013 at 09:04 AM..
TerriMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 04:33 PM   #784
Major LCF Poster!

Shedding some water weight today, I can tell already. Constant trips to the bathroom. I did well all day, but dinner is going to be some higher fat shirataki noodles. I think it'll be fine. I had a salad, no dressing and a banana so far. Plus my coffee with cream. We'll see how I do at this week and if I'm okay with the higher fat shirataki they're staying. It's just the easiest thing for me to cook when I get home.

Well 1.6 is nothing!! I'm used to routinely being up at least 3-4 every weekend, loading or not! lol. It'll be gone by morning I"m sure.
Old 10-07-2013, 08:00 PM   #785
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Great way to think about it. You're right, that would be a decent regular weekend gain

I did well today too. That egg in the morning is going to be a real keeper. I hadn't planned to, but I think I'm trading in my bread sticks for the egg. 613 calories today
Old 10-08-2013, 05:23 AM   #786
Major LCF Poster!

You go girl! ;0) I would guestimate I was around 800. 200 for shirtaki, 100 for coffee, plus the salad and the banana? Today more of the same. Instead of the banana, I've got some almond butter. No blood sugar spikes and more filling, and lower carb. So I guess i"m going a bit more rogue than I wanted. I'd love to see some progress this week but I woke up and am still soooo bloated even after all the bathroom trips yesterday.

So almond butter and coffee/cream, then a salad. I may split up the salad into 2 for lunch and dinner.
Old 10-08-2013, 12:05 PM   #787
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

That sounds like a plan! Remember the first few days are the hardest. You feel like it should be going away a lot fast then it feels like. You need to get past those first few to really build up the steam.

I was only down .60 today, not unusual, but I can't say I was elated.
Old 10-08-2013, 05:07 PM   #788
Major LCF Poster!

Just keep reminding ourselves: we know this works and we will see results! (Eventually, lol!) I'm determined to see 150 by the end of next week. May be doable as long as I keep on track this weekend. I've cancelled all plans because being social includes: wine, and food. I've got to be a hermit for this to work. lol

Down is down, right? I'd be bummed too but that's more than half a pound so you might as well round up to 1 lb lost. lol.

The house is looking great, I promise to get some pics up soon. Windows are all in now and the front door too.
Old 10-08-2013, 07:58 PM   #789
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

You notice I counted it that way in my stats Two great minds think alike! I try to remember how I'd feel the first time. Maybe I was down 2.1 the first day, but I was still 4.2 above pre-load. Today I'm only 1.1 above pre-load. How is that for justification?

Yep being social is the kiss of death. My problem is DH and I have a hard time not being "social" just hanging out together.
Old 10-09-2013, 05:13 PM   #790
Major LCF Poster!

There ya go! Lately thats how me and the BF are too, we just pig out and drink here by ourselves. lol. Will power is stronger now though so maybe I'll get through. Today I had some protein power/pb/oatmeal mix for breakfast, salad/no dressing for lunch, and dinner i just had a high grain cereal with skim milk. Cals are probably still around 800, higher in carbs than I prefer though. I think it'll be fine. Feeling much better in the bloating dept anyway.

Well we are over the hump and only 2 more days until official weigh in for me!!
Old 10-09-2013, 08:23 PM   #791
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

By accident I have converted to low carb HCG. Had no intention to, but first there was the bread stick issue. Then eating fruit just didn't seem productive. Then I started reading about HCG 2.0, basically more protein, unlimited (most) veggies but eliminate fruit and sticks. Add in my meager losses and I'm in.

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/hc...hcg-2-0-a.html

I'm glad you're feeling better!! So official day is Friday or Saturday?
Old 10-10-2013, 05:25 AM   #792
Major LCF Poster!

I'm with ya on that. That's why if I'm gonna eat the carbs its going to be something that will fill me more. For just 200 cals I can have a bowl of cereal which satisfies my hunger more than an apple. I"m not a fruit eater anyway. And breadsticks make me want to eat the whole box with cheese and sausage. lol. I'm kindof thinking by keeping in carbs NOW, it will prevent the rebounds I've been having whenever I'm off the diet and eating normally.
I did weigh today....I was pleased with the number. Can't way for sure what my starting weight was but I have a good guess. So I think I"m down 4. Friday will be my official weigh ins I think.
I have an 'interview' tomorrow with a job placement agency. It's different than others I've worked with, all the jobs are permanent after I think 700 hours of work maybe? I didn't want to go this route but I know other people who've used them and had success so I figured why not.

Foodwise same plan as yesterday: protein/PB/oatmeal mixture, salad/no dressing, and cereal/skim milk.

Last edited by RileyWorm; 10-10-2013 at 05:26 AM..
Old 10-10-2013, 05:35 AM   #793
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I hire most my office staff through those agencies. It gives us both time to decide if itís a right fit. Plus there are so many unqualified people out there itís hard to spend the time screening when Iím busy enough to need someone. Great luck!

Congrads on you early success. I always regret not weighing in the beginning. But sometimes not knowing where you let yourself get to and starting the week under a dark cloud is so worth it.

Whether I was due for a whoosh or this new approach is working I donít care. Down 1.2 today. So Iím hanging with this WOE for a while.
Old 10-10-2013, 05:55 PM   #794
Major LCF Poster!

I had to cancel the interview for now. We are too busy at work and couldn't afford the few hours off right now. I will try to reschedule it next week. Surprise, surprise, my work is now rehiring some of the people they laid off. Things should get better now, I'd really like to stay a full year but I think I'm ready to move on soon for sure.

YAY for the whoosh!!! I'm scared to get on the scale, I'd like to be 155-156. (Girl I'm telling ya I was in the 160's I"m pretty sure on Monday).
Old 10-10-2013, 07:59 PM   #795
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

How is it so easy to gain so fast? That's just not right

Last Friday I was 144.7, today 144. Please at least give me 143.7 for official Friday

I think with the interest rates staying low, property values coming up and hope the new chairman isn't likely to change things, at least for a while, you might have a better rest of the year. Assuming we don't fall off the financial cliff that is.
Old 10-11-2013, 06:44 AM   #796
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

How'd you do?
Old 10-12-2013, 07:55 AM   #797
Major LCF Poster!

156.6. I'm happy with that. Unfortunately some Cardinals baseball happened and I'm up this AM ( some beers and some nachos and some wings)..I'm not too worried, I think it'll drop off just as quickly as it came on. I was having some major tummy issues so I think that's part of it too, and I took tylenol and pepto like crazy, I had the worst headache yesterday as well. Feeling better today.

Anyhoo. A minor hiccup but it'll be fine I think.

You did awesome though, better than your goal! Amazing! well done. Now here's to getting through the rest of the weekend unharmed.
Old 10-12-2013, 09:59 AM   #798
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Excellent start to our round

Yeah I was doing just great yesterday until I went to Costco during sampling hours What is it about free food that makes me eat stuff I wouldn't normally touch? Well that gave me a headache and just the excuse I needn't to join DH in a couple glasses of wine. And that only lead to fried shrimp I know if I get right back on track it's totally recoverable, it's the two day in a row thing that gets me. Hoping for motivation.

Sorry about the tummy issues. I know Advil alone will cause me a bump.

Well I'll climb on the Cardinal bench with you now that my A's are out. I hate the Dodgers. Ever since LaRussa coached the Cardinals I've had a soft spot for them anyway. How'd they do last night? Bring me up to speed. Iíve only been focuses on the Aís.
Old 10-12-2013, 10:11 AM   #799
Major LCF Poster!

13 inning game, ended with Beltran hitting in the scoring runs. It was a long game, and kindof boring honestly only because it was so well played by both teams. Not sure of game time today?

I say we both stay off the scale again for a couple days, it will just mess with our motivation! I know no matter what slight bump doesn't mean all is lost. And I do the same thing at Costco. I don't normally like fruit roll ups and canned soup but I'll eat that crap when they have it out! WHY?! lol.

Well today is a winery trip with my mom and aunts (so much for cancelling all social activities this weekend, I'm hoping next weekend will be super low key but good chance of playoff games on Friday and Saturday again). This won't end well, I know already. Wine is one thing, usually doesn't affect me too badly, it's the junk that goes along with it! Like you had fried shrimp, I will probably have thai chicken pizza. lol. Tomorrow I will have to be SUPER stringent.

Last edited by RileyWorm; 10-12-2013 at 10:12 AM..
Old 10-12-2013, 10:27 AM   #800
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Reading your post I was going to say water, water, water. Then I realized I haven't had a drop all day Grabbing a bottle as we speak.

I have always told DH it's not as much the wine but what goes with it. You are so right. I took the coating off the majority of the shrimp. DH was teasing me about making them jump out of their skins. Maybe try eating the majority tops and leave the crust as much as possible. Then just enjoy your family!
Old 10-13-2013, 02:55 PM   #801
Major LCF Poster!

Today was not good either. Back to it Monday. Not all is lost yet. I feel fine still which is good, normally pounds up = severe discomfort and bloating for me. I'll get there eventually lol it's just going to take me longer. The good news is we have nothing going on this weekend so I should do better.

Hope your sunday went better than mine did!
Old 10-13-2013, 04:29 PM   #802
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Three steps forward, one step back. Hopefully only one We'll see tomorrow. Today wasn't good but it wasn't terrible. A little recovery going on. Good news is I'm not back to square one, again hopefully, and I'm still in the game. Planning on a great week! We can do this, even with a little living inbetween.
Old 10-14-2013, 08:50 AM   #803
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Ugly, just plain ugly. Four steps forward, three steps back. I was feeling so free with 2.0 I think I convinced myself I could get away with a few bad decisions. Funny thing is, some of them I may have gotten away with doing more protocol (1/2 a baked potato, butter spray only) but on 2.0 Iím more carb sensitive.

Back to the drawing board. As hard as it was I changed my stats back so at least Iíll start feeling better sooner as they go down instead of having the shadow hang over me.

Did you dare weigh in?
Old 10-14-2013, 05:51 PM   #804
Major LCF Poster!

No weigh in. I woke up feeling I needed a new approach, and I think it's one that doesn't involve a scale. I've been so fixated on that scale for the past year it's done nothing but bring me down. Now let's see if I have the will power to stay off. New approach: moderate carb, moderate dairy, focusing on meats and veggies, back to smaller meals throughout the day. Moderate dinners all around, then maybe I can start to enjoy family dinners at my parents once again. No weighing. I finally bought my new trampoline I've been wanting for ages and hopped around on that for 20 mins. I'll gradually increase and then add in abs maybe, squats, etc.

I would love it if I could not weigh until the new year, then go from there. I don't think I give anything enough time to work, and I give up before I even start and then pig out and gain 6 pounds of bloat instantly. Back to the basics for me. I'm only allowing moderate carb to allow myself things occasionally like cereals, or occasional potato or whole grain pasta. Very rarely though. So I bought things like veggie medley with squash and seasoned tilapia, steak strips, fajita veggies, honey baked ham for breakfasts.

The main thing is I'm not entirely unhappy with the way I look, it's that darn scale. I think I'd be happy with losing 15 pounds and tightening up a bit all over.

Anyway, brick was delivered to the house today! I'll have some good pics by the end of the week!!

I hope your day went well regardless of the scale results. Maybe my epiphany will inspire you! How is your refinance going?

Last edited by RileyWorm; 10-14-2013 at 05:56 PM..
Old 10-14-2013, 09:27 PM   #805
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Closed last Wednesday!!! I do have to pay $36 mortgage insurance until 2/15, but I save $165 a month and pay off the house 8 years sooner, assuming we stay. Otherwise we just come out with more equity sooner regardless of when we sale.

I feel what youíre saying about only sticking with something for a few days. That is totally my story. I switched to Primal for that very reason. A WOE I could live with and stop dieting. Trouble is I wasnít losing a thing and I really need to lose 10# to get back into my clothes comfortably. Beyond that itís really just vanity/cushion weight. Itís not that I canít lose. Itís that I canít stick with anything long enough to make the loses stick. Iím trying to figure out what my problem is. I got nothing. It was suggested that perhaps more carbs would help me lose, thatís why I tried Primal. After two weeks I didnít lose but I didnít gain either, so after a bad weekend I found myself moving on.

Iím not sure what Iím doing tomorrow. I will decide when I weigh in. Yes I have become completely re-addicted to the ďdevilís platformĒ as Carrie calls it. After tomorrow maybe Iíll at least try to get back to weekly. That will at least give me my best chance of not changing my mind the following day. I got right back on the horse today. 542 calories not including veggies. Without the carbs Iím not real hungry, just not satisfied. Iím having trouble staying away from the fat, if anything. Fruit, carb sides, etc., Meh. So Iím thinking FF. However if I have a good weigh in I might try to hang with this for a while. How is that for commitment?

Looking forward to the pictures!
Old 10-15-2013, 04:05 PM   #806
Major LCF Poster!

yay for you! back on plan! i would like to lose 10 also just to fit in clothes but everytime I try honestly to lose that 10, instead I gain 5. Done with that cycle for a while now. I think that I'll be able to lose 'some' this way, won't be as quick and satisfying, but we'll see. I think with the lighter cardio it might help things along. I think when I am too restrictive, I just want to eat junk even more. Loosening up the reigns a 'little' bit might help me to stick to something longer term.

That was quick! Congrats on the refi! Regardless of the MI you are still saving, and lesser years is awesome too!

So today was day 1 of my new plan. Breakfast was some eggs scrambled with veggies and a bit of cheese, I had dark chocolate banana slices for a snack (found those at costco!), tilapia and veggies for lunch, and cereal for dinner. I may have another snack later cuz I feel like I still really didn't eat very much. We shall see. Trampolining here in a bit.
Old 10-15-2013, 08:31 PM   #807
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I think that sounds like a really great plan and just what you need right now! There is a lot written lately about easing up on the cardio for better results.

I made it through another day. I was down 1.6 so I decided to stick for a while and see how I do Friday. 700 calories exactly counting veggies, however there werenít many. Almost a Meat & Egg day.
Old 10-16-2013, 05:21 PM   #808
Major LCF Poster!

bouncing around on that little trampoline is pretty fun, and more tiring than I thought it would be! No workout tonight, got home too late, plus I'm sore so I'll use it as a 'recovery' day. Same menu today except I added another egg and another piece of ham. Eating granola now, may have something else later, I feel like I still didn't have much today over all. I think a lot of my problem when I try to eat regular is I grossly misjudge how much I'm eating and I think I normally don't eat enough calories, so then when I eat something crazy it affects me so much.

1.6 is AWESOME! On Friday you'll see a good number for sure!
Old 10-17-2013, 09:40 AM   #809
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RileyWorm View Post
bouncing around on that little trampoline is pretty fun, and more tiring than I thought it would be! No workout tonight, got home too late, plus I'm sore so I'll use it as a 'recovery' day. Same menu today except I added another egg and another piece of ham. Eating granola now, may have something else later, I feel like I still didn't have much today over all. I think a lot of my problem when I try to eat regular is I grossly misjudge how much I'm eating and I think I normally don't eat enough calories, so then when I eat something crazy it affects me so much.

1.6 is AWESOME! On Friday you'll see a good number for sure!
Good Morning,
Yesterday was a real challenge. I have a funeral to go to today and I was asked to bring cookies. So I picked up several dozen and dinner (salad bar) and made a nice tray while DH munched on cookies. I also got some dark chocolate so that kept me from feeling too deprived. By the time I added up my calories I was at 900. I make a killer salad. The good news is I didnít gain. Now just to make it through the reception and we have a taco/nacho bar potluck at work tomorrow. Iím leaning on M&E/2.0 to hopefully get me through. By the way I was down another 2.1 yesterday. I think that helped me be strong.

I think not eating enough is as harmful if not more so than eating too much for your metabolism. You could be on to something there. Are you going to stay off the scale for a while ore still go for Fridayís?
Old 10-17-2013, 02:36 PM   #810
Major LCF Poster!

I've hopped on twice just to make sure I wasn't ballooning from the grains in the cereal. I'm down 2. So that's good. But now that I feel comfortable with eating 'some' carbs, I'm staying off the scale for as long as I can stand it. But all week I've had some serious tummy rumblings, even had to come home today from it, sharp grumbling pains and I was feeling clammy. Slammed some pepto and vertical on the couch, it seems to have subsided a bit but man was I miserable for a while there!

WTG on the salad, sorry about the funeral though. Things like that always derail me. You could still do the nacho/taco bar low carb, will probably be a bit higher in cals but I bet you'll be fine. You're rocking that hcg!

So we have some siding on the house, the hvac is done, and the plumbing is done! One wall of siding done! Things are really coming together. I'll take some pics this week. Brick isn't starting til next week, it rained here so the masonry guy is doing some inside jobs he had.

Exciting to see your Friday weigh in!!!