Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-14-2013, 10:08 AM   #751
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: RileyWorm
trashed wings = divinity. lol. fry your wings, sauce em up the way you like, then fry again. it's like hot wings without all the mess. they are super crispy and delicious!! i would imagine though you won't want them too saucy when you fry them again. try googling some techniques cuz I've never actually made them, but a few places around here make them. I don't know, it might be a St. Louis thing?

Out of curiosity, took a huge risk on my psyche and got on the scale at 10 am after coffee and being up since 7. Held steady at 155.4. So happy! Dinner out again tonight, planning on steak. Feeling really good for the first time in months. And I edited my signature which may be a bit premature since I have 2 days left this weekend for the sabotage to set it, but maybe if I consider it a permanent loss it'll keep me motivated. 15 to lose is better than 20!

Oh, except for the fact that we had another HUGE layoff yesterday, luckily I've survived 3 rounds. At this point I don't really see how we can downsize anymore and remain operational but not going to let my guard down either. Unfortunately my good friend who I helped get a job there got laid off. That's got me down in the dumps but grateful I still have a job to go to on Monday.

WOE: General Low Carb
Goal: 20 lbs to lose
9/14 - 5 lbs down, 15 to go.

Last edited by RileyWorm; 09-14-2013 at 10:11 AM..
RileyWorm is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-15-2013, 03:48 PM   #752
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: TerriMM
Stats: 144/141.7/130
WOE: IE/M&E
Hmmmmmmmmmm I'll have the think about the wing thing. I've never been much of a chicken fryer. I am trying some new oven frying techniques that I may be able to work this in with.

I'm doing well this weekend, keeping my focus. Little bit of fruit here and there for a treat, no grains, and a few glasses of wine but nothing I had to "recover" from.

for your success and new siggy!! I hope to be considering that this time next week.

Tomorrow I'm back to FF. Tonight I'm making a big batch of Alfredo Sauce to start the week. I have two meal provided labor law seminars next week, so it's going to be a bit of a challenge.

Congrads on missing the downsizing axe. What kind of a company is it?
Old 09-15-2013, 04:22 PM   #753
Major LCF Poster!

I work for a mortgage company. Rates are on the rise and business is slumping big time. I am absolutely dreading work tomorrow because there is also some major restructuring that goes along with the layoffs.

Dinner isn't going to be 100% kosher, eating bbq'd chicken thighs, creamed spinach, and I may sample some mac and cheese the BF wanted. Otherwise stuck to my plan all day. Then back to FF'ing this week. I might make some alfredo tomorrow too, if my shirtaki ever get here.
Old 09-16-2013, 05:37 PM   #754
Major LCF Poster!

Eating shirataki now. I don't think they are that bad! I feel like you have to heavily salt your sauce though because they just soak up that salt (you know, like potatoes do?) Did well today, went for a walk on the treadmill, but then I ate a granola bar. Oh well. I did really well all day, I don't think that granola bar did tooo much damage.

How about you? How did your weekend go?
Old 09-17-2013, 10:29 AM   #755
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good Morning!
I was done last night. The value of my house just got to the point where I can refinance so Iíve been working on the paperwork all week and this weekend getting ready for the appraisal yesterday morning. All seems to be going well, but last night it caught up to me. I was in bed by 8:00. I should hear Friday if the appraisal in confirmed. Something that you can probably relate to.

So how did the reassignments go?

I totally got messed up with my appointments this week. All my ďmeal providedĒ seminars are next week. Yesterday I was so hungry, and I felt like I needed fuel, so I just let myself do low carb and I figured Iíd do that this week to get through my meetings. When I realized I messed up, I journaled yesterdayís food and ended up with 1622/78%. So I figure Iím doing FF and will continue and least through Thursday. This weekend was good solid low carb, I feel like I didnít go backwards, so I have high hopes for Fridayís weigh in.

Sounds like things are going well for you too
TerriMM is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 04:56 PM   #756
Major LCF Poster!

Best of luck to you on your refi! lol. I know the headache too well, at least on my end of it. Hope it all goes smoothly for you.

The restructuring is an absolute nightmare, and will take a lot to get used to. Basically taking on all the tasks of the departments that were let go. So we are doing triple the amount of work now, same pay, which totally sucks. I barely have time to take bathroom breaks but hoping once this week or maybe next week is over things will settle down. Still anxious about more possible layoffs but what can you do about that, ya know.

Good job manuevering the unexpected schedule. It sucks to be stuck in a pinch without proper food choices. Good job!! That totally sounds like something I'd do too. lol.

I'm fat fasting all week til Friday when I'll weigh again. I had a bit of macaroni on Sunday night and yesterday after workouts had a granola bar. Today I've had hardly anything because we are so busy at work and I'm still full from lunch for some reason. I might make a hot chocolate or something later if I think I need something.

So the roof is on the house, yay! Picking out shingles and siding this weekend. Things are really coming together!!
Old 09-17-2013, 09:37 PM   #757
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I came home to my new printer and answer machine on my front porch. Which is good since my old all-in-one that was going out died tonight. So my set up over the weekend turned into tonight. I think everything went well but I won't be able to really test it until tomorrow so I don't wake DH and I get to a fax at the office. Another day in Paradise.

I was hungry again today, but not as bad as yesterday. Plus I needed to pick up dinner after my nail appointment. Taco salad minus the beans & shell. I ended up with 1448/81%, not too bad.

Can't wait to see the next set of pictures!
Old 09-18-2013, 06:34 PM   #758
Major LCF Poster!

Today was a disaster on every level. Work sucked, me and my boyfriend got into a fight about something stupid, I didn't eat at work all day so I got fast food and I'm mad at myself, I'm just emotionally bottomed out. Honestly if I could walk away from my job today and afford it and know I could find another job quickly I would do it in a heartbeat. They are just asking us to do way too darn much and I hate being like this, but we are not getting paid anything extra. It sucks thinking about all the extra work we are now doing that used to be done by 3 other people. Going to go to bed early and sleep this day away and hope that tomorrow is a better one.

Glad you had a better day than I did! I promise not to be such a debbie downer tomorrow.
Old 09-18-2013, 08:16 PM   #759
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Me too! I thought I was going check in tonight with my tail between my legs. I did okay all day. If it weren't for the Latte Breve I'd be dialed. Then I picked up some new dark chocolate at lunch and ate too much. Had a headache the rest of the day. All I could think of was having a glass of wine and chilling. So I did and picked up some fried fish & shrimp to go with it. It didn't help that my appraisal came in about $25,000 short. My loan agent says she has another idea for me, but I'm not exactly hopeful. So sitting on the Debbie Downer bench with ya pal.

Remember tomorrow's another day and the best time to find a job is when you already have one. Big
Old 09-19-2013, 07:16 PM   #760
Major LCF Poster!

If your loan officer can make it work, she will. That's a bummer about the appraisal. Are you just wanting a lower interest rate refi or a cash out? There are programs where you can refinance over the appraised value so she is probably checking to see if you qualify. Not sure of the parameters, but don't lose hope!

I had nachos for lunch and starbucks for breakfast. That's it. No appetite for dinner. I did weigh in at 155 again today so not all is lost. Can't see the food I had today affecting it too much tomorrow, but I don't think I'm going to weigh anyway.So this week was a wash in a sense but I'm glad I'm still at 155 even though I wasn't the best yesterday and today. Wish I would have saved the indiscretions for this weekend but oh well.

Work was much better today, let's hope it continues on that path. My mom said the way I was feeling just isn't worth it, and I agree. So probably when things settle down with the house and such I'll start looking seriously. Which was the plan all along anyway.

Anyway did some major retail therapy today, I felt like it would make me feel better. And it did. New jeans, boots, and a new purse. I hate buying clothes when I'm not at my goal weight but the jeans will probably still fit even if I lose some weight.

Dark chocolate and wine. Now you're talking.
Old 09-19-2013, 08:38 PM   #761
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Glad you had a better day. Nothing like jeans and boots to bring it around.

I had a better day too. Decided just to make good choices without worrying about the numbers. Almost lost it at Target, poptarts? really? Ended up with a big bag of almonds instead. Winning Eggs for breakfast and salad with kidney beans (don't tell Mark) for dinner. I haven't weighed but feel like tomorrow with be okay. Not sure the direction if itís not.

I don't qualify for Harp because I have a Cal Vet loan. I'm trying to keep the payments about the same, pay off first and second and cut the term down from a remaining 22 years to 15 thus saving be big time money in the back end. I was hoping for 80% equity so I didn't have to pay mortgage insurance. I didn't hear from her today, trying to be patient. She comes highly recommended. Will email her in the morning. I think the interest rates dropped today, so that might give us some additional options.

So here's to no gain for you, you got my last week. Hopefully I'll catch up to you this week.
Old 09-20-2013, 05:22 PM   #762
Major LCF Poster!

Low carb today, but probably high in cals. Omelette with veggies for bfast, a big spicy chicken salad for lunch. No dinner cuz I'm stuffed yet.

Yay for almonds and boo for poptarts. Come on now if we're cheating it better be on something super awesome! Hoping I make smart choices over the weekend, then maybe I'll be ready for another full on fat fast starting Monday again. Would love to see 150 by Friday. We'll see.

GOing tommorrow to pick out siding, shingles, stone, etc.
Old 09-21-2013, 12:58 PM   #763
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RileyWorm View Post
Come on now if we're cheating it better be on something super awesome!
I hear that! I love poptarts, but not that much. Funny after I sidelined that one I was afraid the cravings were going to get me later, but I was just over it.

I cheated and weighed in again today, because I just didn't believe yesterday. Down 2-1/2 from yesterday, which makes 1-1/2 from last week. That's more like it!

Have a great time shopping!!
Old 09-22-2013, 07:42 AM   #764
Major LCF Poster!

Yesterday was a complete wash, once again. Breakfast out with my mom and wine, lots of it. Got my stone, siding, and shingles picked though!!

Off for Mexican brunch today. Fat fasting this week.

YAAAYYY!!! For the loss!!
Old 09-25-2013, 09:07 AM   #765
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good Morning Erin,
Hope your week is going well.

Iím hanging with Primal trying to wade through the food provided seminars. Looks like my loan is a go. Iíll have to come up with a few more dollars, but it looks like it will all work out even better in the end.
Old 09-29-2013, 05:15 PM   #766
Major LCF Poster!

Glad you got good news about your refinance! Sorry I've been MIA. It was month end at work, and as if we aren't over worked enough with all the layoffs 11-12 hour days were sprung on us. I was absolutely miserable all week and made very bad food choices, mostly out of convenience. I just wasn't home to prepare any meals at all. I'm bloated and I think I gained 2 lbs back or so. Luckily even though I made bad choices I was still only eating one meal a day so that helped me even though I know that's awful on your metabolism. This week should be better. I'm going to fat fast. Menu will probably be something like this:
m1- coffee/cream
m2- sausage pattie,egg with butter
m3- pudding Full Fat, SF
m4- chicken with mayo
m5- shirtaki with cream sauce

That may be a bit high I'll have to work it out for sure. As long as its around 1200 I will be fine. And on another note, I think this week will be spent on the job hunt. :/

Shingles are almost done on the house, I 'might' have the brick nailed down, but of course the ones I picked out are not made anymore, but the brick salesman was able to hunt some down. Sample of that coming tomorrow, but I've already made up my mind it's what I want. So it should be windows and the rest of the concrete work this week, and depending on when the brick comes in that may start the end of this week or early next week.
Old 09-29-2013, 09:41 PM   #767
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Sorry the job is so awful. It's a shame when they don't realize the value of people. Without them, they have nothing.

The house news sounds much happier!! I'm looking forward to new pictures.

This week wasn't great for me either. Lots of meal supplied seminars on the impending Health Care Reform. In between I was just okay. I was up 2# too. Saturday I made a commitment to myself for 45 days to follow Primal as much as humanly as possible. No grains or sugar. Avoid legumes and starchy, high glycemic foods. I'm going to opt for organic whenever possible and avoid soy oil and much as I can. I'll allow the occasional low sugar dark chocolate and normally allowed Primal fruits. I'm not going to stress about a little hidden sugar or flour in sauces or dressings but will pick the least offensive as possible. I also plan to focus more on slow burn. 45 days will get me to the middle of November right before DH's birthday and the holidays. It will then be my objective to maintain through the holidays. I believe this is a commitment I can honestly adhere to and I need to get my little butt back on track. Too much willy nilly is not only getting me nowhere fast, I'm in danger of some serious back tracking.

Last edited by TerriMM; 09-29-2013 at 09:46 PM..
Old 09-30-2013, 05:21 AM   #768
Major LCF Poster!

That sounds like a great plan! I used to be so committed and I don't know where that resolve has gone the past year. I need to plan on something really cool to reward myself to keep myself motivated. And this: " Too much willy nilly is not only getting me nowhere fast, I'm in danger of some serious back tracking." = I should put this on the fridge or tattoo it on my hand! lol.

I think I might either start up callanetics again or maybe pilates. The walking on the treadmill is just too hard on the nerves in my ankles (I don't know if you remember when I had vein surgery, unfortunately they weren't able to repair the veins in my ankles and they hit nerves which make my feet/ankles to go numb/tingle). Something that I can do at home on the living room floor.

Last edited by RileyWorm; 09-30-2013 at 05:22 AM..
Old 09-30-2013, 06:53 AM   #769
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I know what you mean about "where did the commitment go"? How I ever did HCG all summer two years ago I'll never know. But I do know two years later I'm heavier then when I started. I think with Primal I'm looking at it as more of a healthy lifestyle rather than a diet. Even though it takes commitment and focus to get myself enveloped in it, I'm not feeling the deprivation and sacrifice I just don't seem to be able to deal with long term anymore. (Hopefully ).

Hope you have a better week. Good luck on the hunt!!
Old 09-30-2013, 05:57 PM   #770
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: MsHistory
Stats: 163/148/125-130?
WOE: Hhcg
Start Date: February 2011
Hey gorgeous ladies!!!! I'm so sorry I've been MIA again. School started and it is sooooooo much work, ugh! Middle School!!!

I'm going to get busy reading and catching up on what I've been missing, but I basically stopped hcg and have been doing LC M-F and then Friday night through Sunday night is WHATEVER! Idk how, but I've actually been losing more weight...?! I'm at about 143 (LDW from last round, go figure) but I feel like I have a huge belly. Is that what "skinny fat" means?

Ok, well I can't wait to read how things have been going for you guys! I've missed you!
(Gained it all back, need to reevaluate my habits)
R3: (5-30-14)
Week 1:
Week 2:
Week 3:
Week 4:
MsHistory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 06:45 PM   #771
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: MsHistory
Stats: 163/148/125-130?
WOE: Hhcg
Start Date: February 2011
OH MY GOSH... Terri joined Pinterest!!!! Hahaha And Erin, your house looks like a real HOUSE! I can't wait to see shingles and bricks! How is training going with Otis?

What is this alfredo sauce you guys are talking about -- I must make some!

@Erin, I used shirataki noodles to make a spicy peanut sauce Asian dish and it was really good! I've never tried them as pasta for alfredo/spaghetti. Were they okay? Have you tried making noodles out of zucchini? That's one of my new favorites!

Soooo sorry to hear about more layoffs : ( That by itself is stressful enough, let alone while building a house! I'm so glad you made it past the cuts, and I hope something better works out soon!

Terri, what type of crews do you have out in West Texas? Something with the oilfield?

I promise I'll try to make it here more; work is completely draining... I was feeling so guilty for feeling "burnt out" after just 6 weeks of school, until I found out all my teacher friends across several states and grade levels all feel the same way. This job is SOOOO much more challenging than my previous teaching jobs!
MsHistory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 08:38 PM   #772
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hey Jess Great to see you! We missed you too. Youíre doing fabo!!! We need some motivation around here.

On my end you missed a lot of struggling, but not a lot of accomplishment. I did join Pinterst, but I havenít quite figured out what to do with it.

Hereís the Alfredo recipe but only on account for the spicy peanut sauce recipe. I love, love, love peanut sauce.

Alfredo sauce

2 sticks butter
2 brick cream cheese
1 1/2 cups HWC (2 cups if you want it a bit thinner)
1 cup parmesan cheese
garlic and pepper to taste

melt butter and cream cheese together with spices over med high heat. Whisk until smooth and creamy. add cream. Heat to just under a boil. Add cheese. Heat and stir until cheese melts and everything is creamy. As it cools it will thicken. When you refrigerate the leftovers it will get solid, but it reheats great. It may separate a bit when you reheat it, but it stirs together fine.
Old 10-01-2013, 05:19 AM   #773
Major LCF Poster!

Second request for spicy peanut sauce! And HI STRANGER! You know we miss you! Even though its stressful it sounds like the job is still going well? And wedding plans?? And WTG for the scale victories!

I got on the scale and it was depressing. Hopefully I get somewhere this week. Same menu today.

Otis is doing great. The house training is going really well. He's gained almost 15 pounds and all of his hair has grown in. We found out that he had mange. We just thought he had thin hair. lol. We also got the dna test results back and he's almost full American Staffordshire Terrier. We haven't started much other training yet because we are still working on the house training which requires lots of time in the kennel. But he's just the sweetest little guy. Well not so little anymore haha, and if he's going to grow into his breed he's got a few more pounds of muscle to put on.

Well happy Tuesday! This evening I'm going to catch up on Sons of Anarchy and polish my resume and then I think tomorrow the serious job hunting begins.
Old 10-03-2013, 04:04 AM   #774
Major LCF Poster!

Been doing well this week. Not exactly fat fasting but trying to keep my fat intake up while remaining low carb. Mostly been having bacon or sausage with some mayo, full fat pudding, and then a huge salad. Scale slowly dropping.

Well last night I finally went back to blonde now. Holy cow it is a change! I think I've been feeling the need for a drastic change at work and since that's not happening I'm substituting. lol.

Hope you are all having a nice week! I've been getting home too late to be doing any job hunting or anything. Maybe I'll have some time this weekend for sure.
Old 10-03-2013, 01:11 PM   #775
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Youíre doing better than me. Iím eating Primal no problem. Iím doing my power walks and lifting, but I keep feeling heavier and heavier and my clothes are telling me the same thing. Iíll weigh in tomorrow to survey the damage. Iím thinking about going with FF next week and dare I say HCG even crossed my mind for a minute second.

Iíd love to see a picture of your hair with the new color & cut. PM me a picture if you donít want to post it.
Old 10-03-2013, 05:15 PM   #776
Major LCF Poster!

Isn't that frustrating!! Girl I feel ya! HCG has crossed my mind again too. If I could just get down to 150 then I could do a quick 10lb/3 week round. Not sure if I'll be back to 155 tomorrow but I'm hopeful to hit 156 at least. And I'm not really doing better than you, no worries, that scale is dropping super slow. lol.

I'll get some pics this weekend of my hair all fixed and I'll post it. It really turned out super cute, I think! I have pics of the house to get up too; siding and brick next week!!
Old 10-04-2013, 06:43 AM   #777
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Well it wasnít as bad as I feared. I was up .70. The way I felt I wouldnít have been surprised to see 2-3 lbs, devastated but not surprised. I broke the news to DH that I was thinking of starting a round Monday and he said he was thinking the same thing. So that decides the question of traditional or FF. Iíll start traditional and when loses stall Iíll move to FF like usual. I figure Iíll get more mileage out of that anyway. Iím going to do everything I can to not load and stay as low carb as possible. The last thing I need is to add more weight. Iíve been doing my best to educate DH to that concept over the last year or so, so hopefully heíll be on board with that as well.

Any plans for the weekend?
Old 10-05-2013, 06:20 AM   #778
Major LCF Poster!

I think I might join you Monday. I'm tired of this yo yoing. With you on the bandwagon too maybe I'll stay motivated. I don't have anything coming up on the weekends that would hinder me, this way I might be able to drop a few before a wedding on the 26th. I'll stick to as protocol as I can. Keeping cream in my coffee though, then probably just chicken and lettuce salads. Yay can't wait haha!

We are going on a Hoopster Cruise today, basically a bunch of people taking out their hot rods and classic cars and going bar hopping and doing a poker run. Should be fun. We don't have a hoopster lol we are just taking my car. Then nothing tomorrow. How about you?
Old 10-05-2013, 08:24 AM   #779
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

That would be great! We'll keep each other going.

I'm going to try whole milk for coffee to start with as see if that works. Sometimes just adding a teaspoon of cream to milk will make all the difference. The nice thing about this diet is it is cheap. I'm going to really make the effort to do a round this time so I can see some real lose. Like you I'm getting real sick of this yo-yoing.

Not sure what we're doing this weekend, probably yard clean up today. We had big winds the last couple days and there are leaves everywhere. Maybe a road trip tomorrow.

Whose wedding?
Old 10-06-2013, 07:45 AM   #780
Major LCF Poster!

My cousin and his fiance. I don't want to go shopping for a new dress so I will have to wear something in my closet so let's hope that keeps me on track. I have some FF foods yet in the fridge I will have to pop into the freezer. I will be happy just to get down 10 lbs at this point. Just enough to feel slimmer and clothes fit better! Today I want to go to eat somewhere like Italian or a big buffet lol.

Well here's a house pic:

I didn't get any good hair pics, here's one of me and the BF from yesterday, I"m a little windblown: This is about 6 inches shorter 5 shades lighter than before.