Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-28-2013, 05:06 PM   #721
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: RileyWorm
I have seen that thread before, I think I subbed to it. Sounds intriguing. I may have to check it out, though I think fasting on potatoes is probably harder than it sounds. haha. I'm thinking I might do straight ol' atkins. Tried and true, and I still can eat higher fats and dairy, and I have a whole arsenel of recipes ready. I will just have to count carbs. Oh well. Probably the easiest option of anything I've considered. I may switch it around with a fat fast or a protein day here and there.

I'm having spaghetti for dinner right now. I had some in the fridge that the BF isn't eating and I couldn't throw it out. So here I am eating it. No wonder I have so many issues! lol. I'd like to say I have a plan for tomorrow but I won't stick with it, let's say I'm going to try for another protein day.

*Clean eating and daily workouts
*Bikini Body Mommy Challenge
*Month 1 down, Month 2 started 8/12
*Goal: Fit into old clothes and overall fitness
RileyWorm is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-28-2013, 10:20 PM   #722
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: TerriMM
Stats: 143.7/141.7/130
WOE: HDE/FF
That sounds like a great plan. After all the crazy rules we've been trying to follow on all these other wacky plans, maybe thatís just what the doctor ordered.

Speaking of wacky today was 1433/87%. Big hopes for tomorrow.
TerriMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 07:42 PM   #723
Major LCF Poster!

I'm excited to get back to a higher fat WOE. I'm thinking about chicken crust pizza and ricotta cheesecake. I haven't had those things in forever. Have you ever looked into Dana Carpender's fat fast cookbook? I may have to order that. I'd love recipe ideas since I get tired of eggs with mayo and cream cheese muffins.

Floors are going on tomorrow!! I ordered my kitchen cabinets, countertops, bathroom vanities and countertops, and our media center. YIKES over budget, I almost cried and had a heart attack but reminded myself these things are the most expensive to replace and they will probably last the longest anyway, and then came home and researched how to install hardwood floors. lol. In the scheme of things I wasn't over by that much but will now have to be diligent on the budget. Luckily everything else so far has come in under budget.

We will now have a 3 day weekend to battle with, what are your plans for the weekend?
Old 08-29-2013, 09:07 PM   #724
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Check your email for a new take on CC muffins I'm trying tonight and another surprise.

Yeah I spent a little less remodeling this house and I regret it. I stayed in budget, but I still haven't gotten around to the things I decided to wait on. Because as my old boss used to say "money goes away".

We don't travel on holidays, maybe a drive on Sunday, but that's it. So probably some barbequing and what not. I'm going to try to maintain modified FF, but we'll see. What about you?

I bought the Primal book today. I'm really getting into it. It seems so livable. I can easily live without grains and legumes. I'm not much for processed food anyway, but that will be a challenge from time to time.
Old 08-30-2013, 04:10 PM   #725
Major LCF Poster!

I have the Primal Blueprint book. I love the premise, and I try to limit dairy, but I feel like I can never remain true to the lifestyle because of the dairy. I eat some but probably more than Mark likes to allow. I'm with you though, I never eat grains so that part would be easy.

ANDDDD I just checked my email, OMGosh I can't wait to plan some menus!! So many ideas I had never thought of, AND all the percentages and cals are worked out for you! OH YEAH and the muffins too!!! Let me know how they turn out!!! I just pinned a recipe for jalapeno popper soup, so those sound right up my alley!

This weekend doesn't involve too much, a trip to home depot etc tomorrow, Sunday we are going on a jeep ride with friends but don't expect to last that long, it is super hot and dry here and absolutely miserable so jeep riding isn't much fun. Monday might be a pool day, or bbqing or something.

Enjoy your weekend!!!! Good luck on taming the diet beast! I don't even have hopes of sticking to any sort of plan.
Old 08-31-2013, 07:56 AM   #726
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I read about dairy last night and although it's not unlimited, it sounds pretty reasonable, HWC, butter, full fat yogurt, cream cheese, cottage cheese, milk and aged cheese. And of course organic, that will be a bit of a challenge. I've cut down my cheese consumption considerable with FF & M&E and found better results. So far I'm still in.

I'm glad you liked the FF book. It was torture waiting for you to find it. It felt like Christmas The muffins were great. Totally different than the original. Sort of like a heavy quiche and very filling. I think next time I'll try cheddar and bacon.

Yeah after last night I'm thinking that modified FF might be a little ambitious for the weekend. I'm just going to "try" for low carb.
Old 09-02-2013, 01:49 PM   #727
Major LCF Poster!

So how did the 3 day weekend go for you? Mine was 'ok', now that I am thinking about it, I only had 2 meals the whole weekend, Saturday we ate out while shopping for flooring and I got a pot roast burger and garlic fries. Then yesterday went all day without eating anything until we ordered pizza at like 4. Today we are grilling porksteaks, making roasted potatoes and corn. I think I'm going to plan some menus and do the fat fasting during the week and atkins on weekends (suggested in the cookbook). We shall see.

I wish I had those muffins ready to eat right now, I'm sooo hungry and we haven't started up the grill yet....
Old 09-02-2013, 08:05 PM   #728
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Nice going! Iíll bet your accidental IF may just save your butt from the weekend diet monster. Canít wait to hear how your plan works!

Iíve been reading Primal and have gotten very excited about it. I find it hard to believe that LC with fruit and no counting will work, but Iím going to totally give it a try. Without throwing out food Iím converting to organic, no additive, whole foods, I even made my own mayo. Thatís hard!!!! Iím going to completely eliminate grains and legumes. Iím going to start the slow burn by the book and continue with the power walks at lunch and try to fit in some Pilates here and there. I think Iíll keep the weigh ins to Fridays and see how that goes.

So what did I do over the weekend? I had a Cheeseburger, half a potato and some cookies. That alone probably wouldnít have been so bad , I didnít really go overboard. However the massive amounts of red wine are another story.
Old 09-03-2013, 06:31 PM   #729
Major LCF Poster!

Holy cow, home made mayo!! That's awesome. I used to be so motivated and made my own ranch, my own yogurt, etc, but I've gotten sooo lazy anymore. I think it's been since my new job, I don't have a set grocery trip every week anymore.

I would like to think the IF helped me, but I woke up today bloated as ever ( and yeah, the beers I forgot to mention also didn't help). Good news: the next few upcoming weekends don't have much going on, so I 'should' be able to stick to atkins induction, or atkins phase 2 at the very least!! I have my fat fast menu ready to go, I just have to hunt down shirataki. It comes out to 1200 cals, 87%. I'm not weighing in at all, for a long time. It messes with me wayyyyy too much. I've stayed off of it for probably a week now. Anyway, I'll probably get to the grocery store tomorrow night so I'll probably be able to go on Friday.

Getting my hair cut tomorrow night, I'm getting it CHOPPED OFF. I think something like this:

You should really get on pinterest, are you on there? I will have to find you. I pin tons of awesome recipes all the time and there are always tons of primal/paleo recipes on there.
Old 09-03-2013, 08:30 PM   #730
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Awesome Hair! My problem is no matter how I get it cut, I'm too lazy to do it to make it look like that on a regular basis. I can't believe I actually use a flat iron every day. I guess I'm getting better.

Yeah if it wasn't for the red wine..............

So I stayed off the scale today, major accomplishment for me. Did a M&E day today just to get back on my feet. I feel better. I have my workout stuff on, I'm trying to convince myself to do my Pilates. We'll see. I did power walk today.

OK, OK I signed up for Pinterest. Everyone is going to fall over. They've been trying to get me to sign up for years. I wouldn't read Twilight either
Old 09-04-2013, 06:34 PM   #731
Major LCF Poster!

Well, it's cut! Probably about 5 inches and a whole lot of layers! It feels great! I'm 'lucky' in that my hair is naturally curly so I just pop some product in it and it does its own thing.

You're doing awesome with your M&E and workouts. Wish I had an ounce of that motivation. Grocery shopping on Saturday, I have my fat fast menus planned out.

AND, we have outside walls now!! WOOOTT! It seems to be going so fast now!
Old 09-04-2013, 09:25 PM   #732
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Okay, time for new pictures

Actually I pretty much moved to Primal today, although mainly M&Eish I've had some berries, tomatoes and salad. My main focuses this week are:
  1. As organic and whole food as possible
  2. No grains, sugar or legumes
  3. Light exercise everyday
Iím only weighing in on Fridayís and I may be flirting with death, but Iím not counting anything.
Old 09-05-2013, 06:30 PM   #733
Major LCF Poster!

Awesome for you! I've not been on the scale only because I know the number will probably make me cry. lol. That's really is a better long term solution, the Primal eating I mean. Love the goals.

Ok I just saw that the moderators cut out my pinterest link, my id on there is erinraebb.

Here's the most recent pic:

Old 09-05-2013, 07:35 PM   #734
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Now that's a house!!!

Okay I figured out how to find you. I'm TerriMM of course. But where do I find your house pictures?
Old 09-07-2013, 02:09 PM   #735
Major LCF Poster!

The house pics are on Facebook for the most part. I will add you to my building board,that's just where I add pins of stuff that I like.

Going grocery shopping tomorrow. Have you ever had shirtaki? I hear mixed reviews about them, but I feel that most people who don't like them aren't typically used to substituting their foods. I wonder if my grocery store carries them.
Old 09-07-2013, 09:19 PM   #736
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hey Girl,
I got your board pin. You've got some great ideas. DH & I really loved the door bell. So you can't chat with people on Pinterest right? So is my "nameĒ TerriMM or usonomega? I'm not really sure how it worked out.

What I've learned about shirtaki is the ones with Tofu are better, and I'm not a Tofu person. The ones without basically taste like rubber bands. The ones with are closer to regular pasta but get it in your mind that it's not. Just like spaghetti squash, it's not pasta. But it's good in its own right; just enjoy it for what it is. Follow Dana's recipe for nuking and draining and donít worry that they smell fishy, they don't taste that way. I find them in the cold section either in the health food or sometimes in the cold veggie section.

Well I'm not having a very Primal weekend. Not sure why, I just don't seem to have any focus. I made sure to buy hotdogs buns without HFCS, does that count? Iím not giving up, just skipping a beat. I didnít figure the 80% would kick in so soon. I was thinking about starting the week with M&E to get back on my feet, but I may go with FF. I am going to stick with the Primal concepts of organic, whole foods though, but it probably wonít hurt to take a break from fruit for a couple days.
Old 09-08-2013, 09:20 AM   #737
Major LCF Poster!

I figured they would be okay enough for a pasta substitute. Like you say, enjoy it for what it is. I just figured people who didn't like them are people who just aren't used to substitutions. I could not find them and didn't feel making a trip to the health food store for them so I just ordered off of the internet. I ordered Miracle Noodle ones. I needed other stuff too, the most exciting thing I ordered was Starbucks SF Hazelnut Syrup.

You can comment on other people's pins and they will see if you've commented, that's really the only way to communicate on there, or you can 'tag' people in pins you want them to see. Your name shows up as TerriMM, I'm not sure why they make it that you have 2 different names cuz mine's the same way.....

Sorry about the bummer weekend, that's how every weekend is for me though !! I think whenever I was in 'maintenance' mode, weekends were my time to cut loose a little bit so I can't get it back in my head to get strict again. I'm starting FF tomorrow but I won't have the shirtaki by then so I have to come up with different meals to replace those.

What do you mean by 80%? Is that the concept that you follow Primal 80% of the time or am I thinking of something else?

Was you weekend good otherwise? We didn't do much, finally got some much needed rain (hasn't rained here in over a month) and we picked out the front door yesterday and went to lunch. Fun times! haha we are starting to get boring.
Old 09-08-2013, 02:08 PM   #738
Major LCF Poster!

So here's the menu for the week, just spent all day preparing meals and packaging into portions.
coffee/cream
pumpkin pies
buttered pecans
egg cups
pepperonis/cream cheese
and chocolate mousse.

It comes to 1200 cals, which I think will still be fine, expecially since it's about 83% fat. I plan to start walks too so I'll need that extra 200 cals. I have enough meals for 6 days, so I'm going M-F and then will incorporate the leftover FF meals with regular low carb options over the weekend, then back to FF on Monday again. Hopefully by then I'll have my shirtaki for next week.
Old 09-09-2013, 09:02 AM   #739
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Your menu looks great! I decided to start the week with FF this week too, DH will be out of town tomorrow, so that makes it doubly easy. Today's Menu:
B - Sausage, avocado, caesar dressing, coffee with HWC
L - Brazil nuts
D- Chicken thigh, broccoli & cauliflower with Alfredo sauce
S - SF whip cream
1242 calories/83%

Tomorrow's dinner I'll make cheese crust pizza with the Alfredo sauce and bacon I'm still sticking with the organic whole foods and no grains of Primal, just doing without the fruit for a couple days.

Yes the 80% is 80% compliant. Which if you figure on 3 meals a day, 7 days a week, that would give you 4 meals to not be perfect, which is quite a lot. However not near as much and all weekend long So I'm going to try and stick to that rule this week. Not the ultimate success I had hoped for previously, but maybe that will keep me from going off the deep end EVERY weekend.

Last edited by TerriMM; 09-09-2013 at 09:07 AM..
Old 09-09-2013, 05:25 PM   #740
Major LCF Poster!

I'll have to mix up a batch of that alfredo sauce after I hunt down the recipe again, how long does it keep in the fridge? Today went well but I felt a little light headed all day, I ate one more meal extra I think. Hoping tomorrow goes better, I felt okay otherwise. I plan to sub one of my meals for an avocado/tuna/mayo combo and hoping that will help out a bit. The buttered pecans are amazing, let me tell you, like buttered popcorn. Good thing I measured those all out into servings lol. I didn't walk today bc of the light headed feeling and also because my tablet isn't charged haha, I plan to do a 45 minute walk while I watch a show on netflix.

So how did your day go? Chicken thighs sound awesome right now!
Old 09-09-2013, 08:02 PM   #741
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I'm always hungry the first day too. You should be better tomorrow. I do better with more meal like food vs. snacks too. Little change of plan, DH had an early night so he wanted me to pick up dinner. I went for Jimboy's. It a fast food fresh Mexican joint. I got a taco salad with carnitas minus beans, rice & shell. So menu today was:
B - Sausage, avocado, caesar dressing, coffee with HWC
L - Brazil nuts
D- Jimboys taco salad (extra guacamole)
S - SF whip cream
1232 calories/83%

Tomorrows plan:
B - 1 egg, 1 yoke, 2T mayo, coffee with HWC
L - Brazil nuts
D- Green Beans, 2 oz crock-pot chicken (I got to do something with it ) Alfredo sauce
S - SF whip
1348/83%

We can do this!!
Old 09-10-2013, 05:56 PM   #742
Major LCF Poster!

oh well, at least you kept it low carb!! Usually whenever me and the BF go out to eat I always pick Mexican b/c you can usually do it low carb, like you did, or I always get fajitas without the tortillas. Sounds delicious! I would love to chow down on an actual plate of food.

Today was good, I had a small bowl of soup at lunch, I was just too hungry. But then I felt fine the rest of the day and did my walk. Only did 30 minutes bc I took the dogs with me to my mom's and they were being too rowdy.

Hopefully my avocadoes are riper so I can finally eat them tomorrow!!

I sure hope this works, I'd like to *finally* make some progress and drop some weight!!

Oh and do you whip your own cream? Mine NEVER turns out when I try it, I was wondering if they sell SF somewhere??

Last edited by RileyWorm; 09-10-2013 at 05:57 PM..
Old 09-10-2013, 07:23 PM   #743
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I get SF in the can, Land o' Lakes. My homemade always comes out too heavy and I never get the sweetener right.

Tomorrow I do dinner with DH & Daddy and I think Daddy wants Mex. I usually do Carnitas and salad, but since I just had that I might opt for the fajitas. That sounds good. Funny DH always says Mex is high carb. And while it can be, I usually have no problem making it low carb. As long as I don't go to my favorite "flying saucer" spot.

I swapped my chicken, green beans & Alfredo for a chicken, bacon salad with Caeser salad. Seemed like more food and I was hungry. Ended up with 1249/83%. That means I could still do SF jello with SF whip and be at 1359/83%. Or skip the jello for 1349/84%.

When are you weighing in?
Old 09-11-2013, 06:17 PM   #744
Major LCF Poster!

Still staying off the scale, I will probably weigh Friday and then Monday again. I didn't weight myself before starting again but I have an idea of where I was. I'm hoping to be at 155 this week and then maybe to 150 next week? Not sure if it'll be possible but I'm sure gonna try! 2nd night in the row I've done my walking, Netflix is going to be my motivator on that one. Going through Sons of Anarachy first.

YUMMM your menu sounds awesome! I will make some of that alfredo on Sunday since my meals are all planned out for the week, basically. Today I did have avocado/tuna/mayo, that was delish. I might buy some pesto too, that sounds really good.

I will have to look for the SF land o lakes, maybe I'm not looking hard enough. It would be sooo much more convenient! Your DH is right though, Mexican is really the best when you do it high carb. Chips and guac, I could survive on that alone!! And rice too. And beans. Now I'm hungry lol.

Oh and the Starbucks SF hazelnut is AWESOME. Worth every penny and the $4 shipping!!

Well good luck with dinner tomorrow night!! I know you'll do great, I think I have to stay away from restaurants all together for a while, unless its a steak house.
Old 09-11-2013, 10:44 PM   #745
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Well I went for the Carnitas again with guac and sour cream. Salad instead of beans and rice. And I only had 4 chips. I had the most amazing chicken broth from my crocked chicken, very fatty. So I had a cup of that with brazil nuts for breakfast and lunch 90% fat. Surprisingly satisfying. Hopefully that will counteract the wayyyyyyy too much Carnitas I had

Sounds like you're rockin'

I didn't weigh in before I started either, sticking with the once a week weigh ins. So far that's working out pretty well to keep me from flaking.
Old 09-12-2013, 06:35 PM   #746
Major LCF Poster!

That sounds so good, and way to resist!! Only 4 chips, that must be super powers. lol. The chips are my fave part about eating Mexican. I can't wait to eat a big fat salad this weekend, or maybe a steak. I am going to stick with fatty meals, breakfast, lunch, and snacks, and then eat a regular low carb meal this weekend. The broth sounds awesome too! I am actually doing well, it is getting easier. I decided to leave out the pecans for the most part, I'd rather have pepperonis/cheese or cream cheese, much more filling.

Basically same menu except for dinner I had some of my mom's pork roast with gravy on it, and blueberries with cream on them. So I'm probably over but still pleased. 30 minute walk with the Sons of Anarchy too. Feeling good so far!! Though feeling a bit achy, either I'm having another random TOM or I'm getting sick, headache this morning and feeling a bit of sinus pressure. Who knows. I'll probably take a heating pad to work tomorrow.

Anything fun this weekend? Laying low and planning to spend a lot of time training Otis, he's been a bit neglected on that front the past few weekends. Have to go over to the 'house' too and clean up the site.

And now for the fun stuff:
Old 09-12-2013, 08:08 PM   #747
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

WOW!!!!!!!!! That's really shaping up!!

One thing I've learned about FF is the calories aren't as important as keeping the fat up.

Hope you feel better. My latest miracle healer is Vitamin D. I swear by it. I've been beefing up on it lately because one of my friends at work is sick.

So today's menu
B - Coffee with cream, 1 egg, 1 yoke, 1 oz sausage, 1t mayo
L - Brazil Nuts
D - Chicken, bacon, cheese quiche & cole slaw
1442/82%

Don't know about this weekend yet. We're planning on taking a Mama run. September would have been both our Mama's birthdays, so we run them by flowers. We got a surprise refund in the mail today, so we might turn it into a bigger trip. How is Otis doing? Are he and Riley becoming buds?
Old 09-13-2013, 10:34 AM   #748
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

What I learned from weighing in weekly.
No matter how great I do on whatever WOE during the week, if I let it go over the weekend, all is for naught. No this isnít a surprise, nor is it something I didnít know was going on butÖÖÖÖÖ If I was weighing in daily, like I had been, after the initial shook of what I gained over the weekend, Iíd be very pleased with what I had lost come Friday. This week after four days of FF, doing very well, feeling the difference in my clothes and in the mirror I was very shocked that my weight had not changed one tenth of a pound from last Fridayís weigh in. So no playing games and fooling myself anymore. This weekendís goal is to ďnot go backwardsĒ. May sound silly, but so has been my behavior. After that hopefully all my weekday work will actually be meaningful.
Old 09-13-2013, 07:28 PM   #749
Major LCF Poster!

Couldn't have said it better myself. That's exactly what my issue is too.

Well, this am I hit 155, YAY! Now let's see if I can do what you just posted and keep it off. Tonight I ended up eating trashed wings and a salad. So I'm pleased with those choices. I have wings to eat for probably 2 more meals this weekend, and some tomatoes and blueberries to mix in also. Then back to FF on Monday.

Fingers crossed we BOTH defeat the food demon and keep at it this weekend!!!
Old 09-14-2013, 08:14 AM   #750
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Fingers crossed too. Feeling good so far.

Trashed Wings? Do share! I'm a big wing fan and just happen to have some in the fridge.