Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-16-2013, 07:13 PM   #691
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: RileyWorm
Protein day then Mexican with my mom. Steak fajitas. Kept it relatively low carb, but defn not lower fat or protein only. Not worried as I made some good progress this week for sure ! Tomorrow gonna try for protein and veggies, and Sunday too, then back to 3 days protein.

All the forms done on the house, just waiting for some concrete!!!

Have you started 'attacking'? Or sticking to Monday?
RileyWorm is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-16-2013, 09:17 PM   #692
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: TerriMM
Stats: 147/143/128
WOE: LC
Not attacking yet. Lunch out with the girls, last hurtle. The birthday girl wanted Mexican too. Definitely NOT low carb. That's okay planned for it and enjoyed it. Back to low carb for dinner. This weekend will try to keep it sane, then watch out Monday

Have a great weekend!
TerriMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 04:50 AM   #693
Major LCF Poster!

Mexican food has definitely become my weakness. Yay for the birthday celebration! Good luck on MOnday!

I was down .4 = 154.4. That's amazeballs and pretty much as fast as I lost on hcg. Had I slept more last night (only 6 hours) and not woken up with a headache I suspect that number may be lower! Today we have a birthday party so it will be hard to be restrictive. I will definitely try to remain diligent!
Old 08-18-2013, 08:24 PM   #694
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Okay Dukanesta here I go! I have a fridge full of leftover meat and eggs. Menu tomorrow is:
Breakfast Ė Sausage & Eggs
Lunch Ė Leftover Tri-tip & bacon from my cobb salad yesterday
Dinner Ė Chicken thigh & leg, maybe more eggs
Snacks (if needed) hardboiled egg and/or slice of Crockpot pork roast

Perhaps a few too many calories if I have the snacks, but I want to make sure I donít have a reason to deviate. What do you think?

So how was your weekend? Did you survive the birthday party? I guess I was ďloadingĒ, eating everything I wonít have for a while, corn cob, lots of veggies and two (count them) two Magnum ice cream bars. I donít know why I always do that before I start a diet, but I always have. It was HCG that taught me it was called loading. I guess the bright side is the M&E will be a shock to the system.

Whatís your menu to start the week? Back on PP?
Old 08-19-2013, 04:40 PM   #695
Major LCF Poster!

Well....the party wasn't too bad. I did so good all day, then at the party I had some pasta salad and some dessert. Whoops. But I still think okay overall, it wasn't horrible either. Yesterday we ate out at Longhorn (which was disgusting BTW), did well there, salad, steak, green beans, no dinner, but I had some ice cream. Overall, not good but not bad either, really. So today is ending up to be a protein veggie day since I made a huge batch of stirfy I never got to over the weekend. So today was a veggie omelett, lunch was stirfry, dinner is a protein shake. Same on tap for tomorrow. Then probably turkey burgers/eggs/bacon/chicken til Saturday.

Your menu sounds great, just what I did basically!! I always feel like I load too, which is probably why I weigh so much because I start and stop a new diet every couple weeks and I load every time. lol. HCG or not. I feel like if I feel like cheating on protein days, I snatch a few almonds (just the crunchy texture satisfies my cravings for not so good stuff, eating all meat gets tiring) or I'll get out mayo or ranch or something to dip the meat in. Not totally on plan, but better than whipping out the potato chips!

WOE: General Low Carb
Goal: 20 lbs to lose
9/14 - 5 lbs down, 15 to go.
Old 08-19-2013, 08:22 PM   #696
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RileyWorm View Post
I always feel like I load too, which is probably why I weigh so much because I start and stop a new diet every couple weeks and I load every time. lol. HCG or not.
That is totally me exactly
Old 08-20-2013, 08:52 AM   #697
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Well I lost the weekend bloat in one day Now I'm ready for the real losses to commence.

I'm sure you noticed I copied your idea of the mini goals in my siggy, even a little more mini then yours I really like it! Already I see my first mini insight and that is very motivating. Great idea!
Old 08-20-2013, 05:06 PM   #698
Major LCF Poster!

Doesn't it make it seem much more doable?! I have officialy decided to stay off the scale though, #1 - I think there's something wrong with it, or else I gained like 8 lbs in one day, and #2- I don't get the same reading depending on where I put it on the floor, I experimented with it last night. Going to go by how I feel. I think I'll put my first 'official' weigh in the 1st of September. I should probably make my 1st goal 150 though!

Awesome for that first day drop! That's amazing!! Were you able to stick to the menu ok? The first couple days are easy I think but by Friday I'm like, all I want is a salad or something! lol!

Done well the past 2 days. Tomorrow I'm going to shoot for a protein day. I will probably just eat eggs and sausage for breakfast, lunch will be the last of my pork, and dinner will probably be beef patties.
Old 08-20-2013, 09:20 PM   #699
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I'm doing well with my menu.
Yesterday
B-Eggs & Sausage
L-Leftover tri-tip & bacon
D-Rotisserie Chicken

Today
B- Eggs & Bacon
L- Boiled egg, pork roast & deli beef rolls
D- Crock pot chuck roast & fried eggs

Probably too much food today, but head hunger was working on me. So I just kept it legal. Pilates would have been a lot more enjoyable on a lighter tummy though.

And oh yeah am I going to be ready for a salad come Friday! I've been making them for DH's lunches and they're just killing me, homegrown tomatoes and all. I think Iím going to have to check out those recipes.
Old 08-21-2013, 05:00 PM   #700
Major LCF Poster!

Protein day today. Did well. Today was 2 slices bacon, some pork for lunch, dinner was 2 beef patties with a bit of melted mozz and a bit of ketchup.Ugh I know I said I'd limit dairy but I had to have something else with the hamburgers. Going to make meatloaf for tomorrow and Friday. Not sure of the recipe yet, I'll just throw some stuff together. lol.

So how did day 3 go?
Old 08-21-2013, 05:01 PM   #701
Major LCF Poster!

Oh and here's where we are on the house:
Old 08-21-2013, 08:49 PM   #702
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

So looking at the foundation footprint, does it seem kind of small? I'll always remember the first time I same our footprint. I was like "is this it?"

Well the scale was unimpressive this morning, I had the feeling I had too much protein. So less protein and more fat today. I had some mayo with my meat at lunch and a small Latte Breve. The Breve might have pushed the envelope, but it got me through.

I think you menu looks great.
Old 08-22-2013, 06:49 PM   #703
Major LCF Poster!

haha yeah I think that! I told my mom, it seems sooo small! I feel like there's so many rooms to cram in there! lol.

I had no idea what is going on but my scale is showing in the 160's. Ummmm I'm going to venture a guess that there is DEFINITELY something wrong with it. (I knew there was something wonky with it before I pledged to not weigh and curiosity got the best of me). Even when I was eating like crap I never hit above 157, 159 at the most on Mondays after hellish weekends. I'm going to buy a new scale this weekend, weigh myself, then stay off for a couple weeks. I sure hope it's a scale hitch because it would be so disheartening to have gained over 7 lbs in a couple of days after a week and half of dieting, when I only had 2 minor cheats. ???

I rely heavily on coffees with cream when I'm restricting carbs and such, so I understand the 'cheat'! I bet it will have no effect. Here's hoping you see better results by the end of the attack!!
Old 08-22-2013, 08:45 PM   #704
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

There's no way, it's got to be the scale. I got a Weight Watchers scale a few years ago at Wal-Mart for a decent price because I had an unreliable one. I've been really happy with it. The only bummer is you won't know the starting weight.

Well I had a .4 loss today. That makes 2.1 for three days. It's on the bottom of average for me for week one. After looking through my journals I see that day four weigh in is usually good, so I'm looking forward to tomorrow. It's actually kept me on the straight and narrow. I almost caved and had a salad for dinner. I am so ready for a break! One thing I'm learning is I really don't need as much food as I thought on this. I have a ton of leftovers and when I've cut back on portions I still wasn't hungry. Just head hunger, "I want something else".
Old 08-23-2013, 05:27 AM   #705
Major LCF Poster!

I noticed the same thing, on protein days my 'hunger' is almost nil, my appetite on the other hand! While I don't want chicken, I could scarf down some nachos! lol! 2.1 in 3 days is still good though!

Today is going to be PV day. Wanted to stick to one more PP day but I don't have any proteins left. Going to have to buy a salad at work today.

Yeah I'm definitely going to get a new scale I think. The numbers on this one too were going in and out, I replaced the battery but no effect. I think it got wet maybe since it's right next to the shower and I had given the dogs a bath right before this all happened.

Went to finalize my kitchen cabinet order last night, everything's ready for the order to be placed next week. The guy thought I should wait and see what the labor day sale is next thursday before ordering. We're getting there!
Old 08-23-2013, 06:45 AM   #706
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

As hoped, a little 1.4 whooshie giving me 3.5 for four days This puts me where I was before vacation after FF. I have to admit I was considering FF for next week, I do enjoy it more, but it's a lot more work with all the counting. I think I'll stick with the M&E, if for nothing else just to stick with something like I have had so much trouble doing. PV for me today. Can't wait!

Happy shopping!!! When we were moving into this house I had a little gold Godiva bag that I carried with me. It had a slat of wood that matched my cabinets, a piece of the carpet we had chosen and a piece of leather from me couch & chair. This house was existing and I was remodeling the bathrooms and buying furniture.
Old 08-23-2013, 06:03 PM   #707
Major LCF Poster!

WOOTTT!!! That's awesome!!! So what did you have to PV day today? I had a salad with spicy chicken and vegs. Bacon for breakfast. I had a iced latte today also from the coffee shop. No dinner, the salad was HUGE and I'm still stuffed.

I think I'm going to head to Walmart right now and buy a new scale! Ok I just went and bought a new scale, the new one weighed me 5 lbs lighter. which of course does not mean I didn't gain 5 pounds, but considering the weight on the new one is the weight I think I should be at, I feel it's more accurate.

I can't wait to buy new furniture and stuff, our house now is so small we will have lots to buy to fill it up!
Old 08-23-2013, 09:03 PM   #708
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
WOOTTT!!! That's awesome!!! So what did you have to PV day today? I had a salad with spicy chicken and vegs. Bacon for breakfast. I had a iced latte today also from the coffee shop. No dinner, the salad was HUGE and I'm still stuffed.

I think I'm going to head to Walmart right now and buy a new scale! Ok I just went and bought a new scale, the new one weighed me 5 lbs lighter. which of course does not mean I didn't gain 5 pounds, but considering the weight on the new one is the weight I think I should be at, I feel it's more accurate.

I can't wait to buy new furniture and stuff, our house now is so small we will have lots to buy to fill it up!
The new starting point may not reflect your journey 100%, but at least you know you are where you thought you were. Even if it was water weight you'd have felt it in your clothes.

Today was:
B - Sausage & eggs
L - Leftover roast and a bag of homegrown (heavenly) cherry tomatoes
D - Taco salad with left over pork roast, homemade guacamole, sour cream and a little cheese. Oh emmmm 2 glasses of wine.
S - Two squares of dark chocolate and some SF Whip cream

No, I do not seem to be capable of slowly easing into things.

So have you ever checked out Primal? If not, check out it out on Marks daily apple and let me know what you think.
Old 08-24-2013, 04:46 AM   #709
Major LCF Poster!

I have! I think the reason I haven't really taken a huge interest in it is because I believe you are not allowed any dairy at all? And even if I limit it, I keep cream in my coffee and still use butter for cooking so not sure if that's legal lol. My cousin started eating primal last year and she lost TONS but she had a lot to lose so I think it was more effective for her.

Yeah the new scale will just have to be my new set point. But going to stay off that sucker, I swear! It just gets me too depressed when I hop on and I haven't lost 10 lbs over night lol. I'm just going to keep trucking the way I am, I'm doing pretty good so far. Tonight we are going to the baseball game so who knows what's in store for me there food wise. First we are going to hooters so I can always get wings there but there will be plenty of beers in volved. oh well.

You menu looks great lol especially the wine and chocolate part haha! I think I need to start getting more creative in my food choices, I'm inspired by the taco salad!
Old 08-24-2013, 07:25 AM   #710
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
I have! I think the reason I haven't really taken a huge interest in it is because I believe you are not allowed any dairy at all? And even if I limit it, I keep cream in my coffee and still use butter for cooking so not sure if that's legal lol. My cousin started eating primal last year and she lost TONS but she had a lot to lose so I think it was more effective for her.

Yeah the new scale will just have to be my new set point. But going to stay off that sucker, I swear! It just gets me too depressed when I hop on and I haven't lost 10 lbs over night lol. I'm just going to keep trucking the way I am, I'm doing pretty good so far. Tonight we are going to the baseball game so who knows what's in store for me there food wise. First we are going to hooters so I can always get wings there but there will be plenty of beers in volved. oh well.

You menu looks great lol especially the wine and chocolate part haha! I think I need to start getting more creative in my food choices, I'm inspired by the taco salad!
Good luck tonight, have fun. It sounds like a great time. I love baseball!!

Thats what I thought, but Primal is Paleo + dairy. I'm reading about it now.

Yeah I know what you mean about the scale I think HCG ruined us.

Oh and a .2 bump for me today.
Old 08-25-2013, 09:28 PM   #711
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I hope you had a great weekend. I did. We cleaned the garage and had a barbeque yesterday and today went for a nice long road trip around Northern California. Wine Friday and Saturday, a few pieces of fruit, Ĺ baked potato, a few squares of dark chocolate later Iím exactly where I was Fridayís weigh in. I did real well today, despite being on the road so Iím hoping for the best for tomorrowís official 1 week weigh in. I have egg salad, tuna salad, precooked bacon and other misc. meat products ready to go and Iíll throw a tri-tip in the crockpot on my way out. DH is out of town this week so it should be a little easier. I changed my siggy, I felt a little guilty about referencing Dukan. I donít feel Iím really following the spirit of his program. I am however very happy with the results so far. It sure would be nice though if I saw goal one tomorrow. May the whoosh fairy bless you as well
Old 08-26-2013, 06:31 PM   #712
Major LCF Poster!

grrrrrr whoosh fairy has forgotten where i live i think. getting very frustrated, though i know it's my own fault, i am wayyy too liberal with my food choices. i think i may have to change my signature too, and try to figure out some other woe. i don't know why i just can't get with any sort of program. what i'm thinking now is protein days 2-3x a week, then general low carb for breakfast and lunch, and a sensible dinner. i'd like to start getting some walking in now but it's hard to incorporate it into my routine now. i just am at a loss as to what to do, i might be the only person i know who is on a serial diet and GAINS weight! i think my first step is to put the scale away for awhile.

i think you may very well hit your goal!! that's awesome about this am's weight. you rocked it this weekend, girl!

Last edited by RileyWorm; 08-26-2013 at 06:39 PM..
Old 08-26-2013, 06:44 PM   #713
Major LCF Poster!

beginning to consider hcg again. i will just have to suck it up and do it by the book i think, with the exception of h/h in my coffee and maybe an egg for breakfast. i have a whole bottle left to go through yet.
Old 08-26-2013, 07:49 PM   #714
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
i might be the only person i know who is on a serial diet and GAINS weight! i think my first step is to put the scale away for awhile.
Hello...........Do you see me over here????? 2# bump today So much for first goal.

Two day effect? Salted nuts & BK grilled chicken salad yesterday?? I don't know, but I feel your pain my friend. So back on plan today, lots of water and we'll see tomorrow. But I can't say I haven't been thinking about FF. I haven't gotten through Primal enough to tell you how I feel about that. The concepts are good but I don't really know what the food restrictions are. Of course they are touting it a a lifestyle not a diet. I know lifestyle is the issue, but I'm feeling a little picked on with so many restrictions and it's not like I'm starting my life over. I have people in my life that my WOE has to fit around, not the other way around.

I have plenty of HCG left too, drops and pellets. But just I'm not ready to go there yet. Maybe tomorrow.
Old 08-27-2013, 07:02 AM   #715
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Great day yesterday, higher in fat. Egg salad, tuna salad and some tri-tip + some SF whip. Power walked, good water intake, felt thinner this morning. .60 bump

Two words - FAT FAST
Old 08-27-2013, 05:12 PM   #716
Major LCF Poster!

ugh. I would love to say that I need to do a metabolic reset and just eat whatever I want unrestricted so that when I start again the weight falls off, but I can't risk gaining anything more. I've been feeling the same as you, thinner or at least the same, but scale says heavier! What gives?! Although, I was sore yesterday from working at the house and I did have a sunburn, so that could account for maybe 2#, too bad it doesn't account for the other 6! I just don't get it.

Maybe I'll jump on the fat fast wagon with you. General low carb mixed with 2 days of fat fasting a week. Maybe that will help get me moving.

Today was bacon, a banana, a small salad with caesar, broccoli cheddar soup, and dinner is pulled pork. I may eat a bowl of cereal yet. I don't know, until I get this crap figured out I'm doing low carb all day and moderate for dinner. I have lost weight that way before so maybe it'll work again for me. Or maybe I'll go back to plain ol' Atkins and count carbs. (yuck! lol)

Good luck on your fat fasting tomorrow. Let's blame the 2# bump on a scale fluke. Wish I had a scale I could count on 100% of the time, even with the new scale I wonder!

Anyway, we have a back wall on the house now! Floors should be done by the end of the week! Woot!
Old 08-27-2013, 08:14 PM   #717
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

There's no way you can be up 8# of fat I just don't think it's Scientifically possible. Are you using new or old scale for your starting point? Yes working at the house and sunburn will make a huge difference, just water retention alone. . Here's a short list of some natural diuretics I copied a while ago.
Apple cider vinegar -- is a natural diuretic and helps maintain potassium levels.
Artichoke -- natural diuretic
Asparagus -- contains asparagines, a chemical alkaloid which helps flush the kidneys.
Beets -- attacks floating body fat and fatty deposits.
Brussels sprouts -- cleanse the cell and stimulate thought kidneys and pancreas.
Cabbage -- breaks up fatty deposits.
Carrots -- speeds up metabolic rate and helps remove fat and waste from the body.
Cranberry juice -- aids in the removal of excess fluid from the body.
Cucumber -- stimulate the kidney and aid in the removal of uric acid.
Dandelion And Dandelion Leaf -- natural diuretic, and leaf key aides in the detoxification of the urinary tract.
Green tea -- natural diuretic and has been used for centuries in China.
Fennel -- has a calmative and diuretic property.
Horseradish -- speeds up the metabolism and helps eliminate fluid.
Lettuce -- aids in metabolism and flushing of toxins from the system.
Nettle -- has natural diuretic properties.
Oats -- contains silica in natural diuretic.
Tomatoes -- are rich in vitamin C that aids metabolism in the release of water from the kidneys.
Watermelon -- natural diuretic helps increased urination.

Cranberry juice is a personal favorite of mine. I mix pure cranberry juice 4-1 with water and add a little Stevia.

What if you did a very low fat carb load, rather than all out refeed? Sort of like a high fiber cleanse? Maybe you could even lose a couple. That might reset your body to go for low carb, FF or whatever.

I would be more inclined to buy into the "fluke" theory for myself if it was added to today. I did pretty well today. 1206 calories/84% fat.

Okay Whoosh Fairy. Ommmmmmmmmmmmm. We beckon you!!!

Can't wait to see the new pictures!
Old 08-28-2013, 05:18 AM   #718
Major LCF Poster!

It's been ever since last weekend (now a week and a half ago) on my old scale I went from on Saturday 154.8 up to 161 on Monday! I bought a new scale, and using that now. I'm just seeing normal fluctuations, up 2 one day, down 1, down 1, up 2 again....

For now just keeping it low carb until I can get to the groc store and stock up on cream cheese and other foods, I think I'm going to do Atkins again, I hate counting carbs but I feel like the effort is required. The Atkins site has a thing on it where if you sign up you get some stuff in the mail.

I may do the low fat high carb day soon, knowing me I'll probably lose lol. I don't even have carby foods in this house, unless I just bake a bunch of potatoes haha. Love the list of the natural diuretics! I may have to try that too.

Ok here's pics of the back wall for the walk out done:

The opening on the left is a triple window that is a part of my atrium staircase, the other two openings are double windows. You can't see the door from this pic but it is on a part of the wall that is cut back and will exit from the side.
Here's another pic:
Old 08-28-2013, 05:29 AM   #719
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
It's been ever since last weekend (now a week and a half ago) on my old scale I went from on Saturday 154.8 up to 161 on Monday! I bought a new scale, and using that now. I'm just seeing normal fluctuations, up 2 one day, down 1, down 1, up 2 again....

For now just keeping it low carb until I can get to the groc store and stock up on cream cheese and other foods, I think I'm going to do Atkins again, I hate counting carbs but I feel like the effort is required. The Atkins site has a thing on it where if you sign up you get some stuff in the mail.

I may do the low fat high carb day soon, knowing me I'll probably lose lol. I don't even have carby foods in this house, unless I just bake a bunch of potatoes haha. Love the list of the natural diuretics! I may have to try that too.

Ok here's pics of the back wall for the walk out done:

The opening on the left is a triple window that is a part of my atrium staircase, the other two openings are double windows. You can't see the door from this pic but it is on a part of the wall that is cut back and will exit from the side.
Here's another pic:
Wow, now it's starting to look like a house. It's cool to see the neighborhood vantage point as well.

You just made me think of another idea. Have you heard of the potato hack?

Well I'm down the .6 I was up yesterday, so moving the right direction at least.
Old 08-28-2013, 06:04 AM   #720
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Recipes for the potato hack

Hereís a link if you want to check it out. I havenít tried it and have read mixed reviews. Some people lose gobs, some not so much. Makes some people feel queasy. Others report that they can eat some carbs afterwards without the big weigh fluctuations. Thatís what got my attention.