Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-17-2013, 09:09 AM   #631
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: MsHistory
Stats: 163/148/125-130?
WOE: Hhcg
Start Date: February 2011
For the jerky, my BF and son both prefer it to be slices of meat instead of ground. BF soaks it in LOTS of soy sauce and spices overnight, and it's delish! He does have a meat grinder, but I'm wondering if you could use a blender or food processor to make ground meat?

Oh my GOSH about your cousin! I didn't know she was using roids, but I def did wonder... So sorry to hear about that (mostly for the kids' sake). Dieting is definitely something that has to be done with moderation... I will NEVER understand people who get addicted to the gym, hahaha (One vice I can breathe easy about!) That is super sad though, for her husband, too. I hope things will work out, keep me posted!

I just tried the kale chips last night... def not as good as spinach. (More thick and substantial, so easier to eat, but... not as good tasting.)

LOL@Sanity Fats!! Ohhhh I can't WAIT for some Sanity PB!

I'm down 15# for the round (after 25 days) and it's only about halfway to where I'm aiming... I'm fairly fatigued, but I keep trying to just add caffeine to fight back. I need to do a breakdown of weekly losses so I can keep track of whether I'm slowing down. Do you guys think it will be wishful thinking to lose another 15 pounds in 25 days? I keep adding more and more rogue veggies...
MsHistory is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-17-2013, 09:44 AM   #632
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: TerriMM
Stats: 143.7/141.3/130
WOE: HDE/FF
This is very interesting Erin. I printed out a bunch of stuff last night that Iíll read over the next couple days. I think it might be fool hardy to try and start before my vacation, but I may consider incorporating some of the concepts it into my two day plan, weíll see. At the moment things are going well. Iím down another .6 today, which puts me below last Friday (Fridays are my official weigh in day) and I worked out last night. Of course my challenge is making it through the weekend. I need to really work on not weighing every day, which really messes with my head, as evidence will show.

Thatís awesome Jessi! I think another 15 in 25 will be a little challenging because youíre getting so close to goal and your body will fight you tooth and nail. But that being said you are still losing and thatís an excellent sign. If I were you Iíd go for it! You may need to start getting creative towards the end, but you know it will be worth it. And youíve got the Queens of creative along for the ride.
Old 07-17-2013, 07:27 PM   #633
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: RileyWorm
I feel like it's probably one of the more flexible of the low carb diets, I was never one for counting carbs. As long as I add fats for cooking and don't limit it to strictly lean meats I think it's very doable. I think the rotations also keep you from stalling too much. I plan to do the attack phase for a good solid 5 days or so, then my rotations will probably be 4 days protein only (M-Th) and the weekend proteins and veggies. I used to eat low carb, week long and weekends too so I have no reason to fail on this! I have the Dukan book too so if you have any questions just shoot.

Jessi you're doing great, I sure wish I had your resolve! I had it last week but it's gone. I would say keep on going going going until you just absolutely can't. Not sure if you'll hit goal in another 25 but you will probably get pretty close!!

The roids thing is fairly recent, I don't know what happened but she's been working out with this new crew now and her new trainer that's been training her for a competition put her on 'pro-hormones' which eliminate her from competing in natural figure competitions. I wish she could just stop it with the 'dieting' and obsessive gym behavior and just stick with a good maintenance plan. Especially since it has been at the risk of her family kwim.

*Clean eating and daily workouts
*Bikini Body Mommy Challenge
*Month 1 down, Month 2 started 8/12
*Goal: Fit into old clothes and overall fitness
RileyWorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 08:12 AM   #634
Senior LCF Member

Jayden is leaving today, so I feel really sad today. I need to find some good projects to try to dive into, or maybe start on some school stuff...
Old 07-18-2013, 08:17 AM   #635
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Is Jayden BF? If so, what I do when DH heads out, is plan projects that will surprise and please him when he returns. Then he's with me, but it's a good thing he's not so I can surprise him.

TerriMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 03:43 PM   #636
Senior LCF Member

Oops, sorry. Jayden is my little guy, and he recently decided to spend the school year with his dad. I think time has made it a little more bearable for me, but it's always so hard to come home to a quiet house on the day he leaves. Ok, enough of the pity party!

147.4 this morning, so 3 pounds away from R1 stabilized weight! Funny that I was so happy with it back then, and now I'm still completely unsatisfied, haha. I swear it doesn't look like I have lost much weight, esp with this big muffin top I still have, grr!
Old 07-18-2013, 04:12 PM   #637
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Well that's a bit tougher

I'll bet you wake up in a day or two and all of a sudden realize how great you look.

I'm really fighting the hungries today. I'm very unsatisfied with my muffin top at the moment. When I sit down it bulges over my jeans. If I wasn't going on vacation I would start Dukan, but I don't want to start and stop two weeks later. I think I might FF starting Monday.
Old 07-18-2013, 05:45 PM   #638
Major LCF Poster!

Aw hugs Jessi! Did Jayden come stay the summer with you?

I always feel like my muffin is last to go, and I am so short-torsoed anyway I think my muffin top is pretty much perpetual.

Just been low carbing. Dropping some water weight pounds. It's kindof weird how effortless it is when you aren't really trying. I'm hoping to stay off the scale for awhile until I'm ready to dive into Dukan.

Terri, let me know when you start!! Have fun on vacation!

Nothing new or fun to report. Blah. Crazy busy at work, which is good, but getting stressed. It's a good thing though. Job security!!
Old 07-18-2013, 05:45 PM   #639
Senior LCF Member

Thanks for your support Terri, you're great!

When I get the hungries, I make that strawberry smoothie or munch on spinach chips... Barely any calories, but I still get to eat! Haha!
Old 07-18-2013, 05:49 PM   #640
Senior LCF Member

Just saw your post Erin, and yes, he was here for the summer. He was really sad to be leaving, which made it even harder to let him go. But I think he's happy, and a girl who went through something similar told me "Sometimes we have to hurt so that our kids can be happy." That's definitely helped me cope.

Darn the muffin tops, ugh! On the plus side though, I still have boobs. They're usually the first to go when I diet... what a weird round this is!

I'm going to go bury myself in preparing to teach a subject I need to learn first, haha!
Old 07-18-2013, 09:26 PM   #641
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsHistory View Post
Just saw your post Erin, and yes, he was here for the summer. He was really sad to be leaving, which made it even harder to let him go. But I think he's happy, and a girl who went through something similar told me "Sometimes we have to hurt so that our kids can be happy." That's definitely helped me cope.

Darn the muffin tops, ugh! On the plus side though, I still have boobs. They're usually the first to go when I diet... what a weird round this is!

I'm going to go bury myself in preparing to teach a subject I need to learn first, haha!
I've been consoling myself with boobs too
Old 07-19-2013, 06:39 AM   #642
Senior LCF Member

Up a pound today... what a bunch of crap. Haha... This is really messing up my average daily losses!

Week 1: -4.8
Week 2: -4.5
Week 3: -2.2
Week 4: -3.2

And I just realized that I had another derp moment, and I had two VLCD#20's, so I guess today is technically VLCD#29, the beginning of my extended round!
Old 07-19-2013, 09:27 AM   #643
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Nice job Jessi!
Old 07-22-2013, 08:41 AM   #644
Senior LCF Member

3 days of silence, hopefully that means everybody had a great weekend!

I went completely rogue this weekend... ate lots of protein (fatty ribeyes) and huge salads with olives and HB eggs. Mostly just ate LC, and didn't gain much. OH, and I also had 3 vodka waters. I'm glad I didn't blow everything, but at the same time, what was the point of drinking 3? If I'm going to go, may as well go all out next time, haha!

I'm at 146.0 today, which I'm super happy with since it means the scale moved down even though I was rogue! I'm going to try to go back to OP now, and maybe allow myself some more lenient weekends in the future to help keep my resolve.

My bestie is coming in 3 weeks to take our engagement pics, so hopefully I can drop another 10 by then... I'm so excited to find some cute poses and outfits!
Old 07-22-2013, 02:46 PM   #645
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I had a good weekend. Picking up a couple things for vacation, shorts and light tops. Going to the desert at the hottest time of the year. We seem to do it every time

Great job on the loss. Are you still dosing?

I stopped drops Wednesdayish. And went to M&E Friday with wine. Dropped a couple pounds only to gain back most of it after the weekend, from post wine bump. But at least Iím still .4 below Friday. Iím doing M&E today and will see what the scale says tomorrow. Iíll either stick with this or go FF.

How was your weekend Erin?
Old 07-22-2013, 05:52 PM   #646
Major LCF Poster!

ugh let's not go there. haha. actually wasn't too bad, i think i'm retaining some which is always normal for mondays for me anymore. i desperately need to go grocery shopping, so this week is just going to be eating whatever to clean out the pantry and freezer. then shopping this weekend, starting protein attack phase probably Sunday or Monday. I plan to get probably a beef roast and make italian beef and i'll probably get a pork tenderloin as well. and eat on those next week.
You all are doing so great. I'm tired of this yo yoing. I'm excited to have an actual plan that I'll be able to stick to.
Old 07-22-2013, 10:55 PM   #647
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

That'll put you a week or two ahead of me. I plan to use your success as my motivation. Talk about pressure

Yeah I need to learn not to even weigh in on Mondays
Old 07-23-2013, 06:32 AM   #648
Senior LCF Member

@Terri - Where are you going on vacation!? Is it the one to Zion? That place is SOOO beautiful!! Do you guys go hiking and camping, or is there a resort somewhere?

I am still dosing; I decided to just keep going until I get somewhere I want to be, haha!! At LEAST 135... which I just realized is only 10 pounds away, woohoo! But preferably 130. Total loss is 18#, but jeez it's going slower than my last round!

@Erin, what is protein attack? Is that like the first phase of Dukan? What comes next?

My mom lost a ton of weight, and has maintained it perfectly. She did Ideal Protein, but I think it's somewhat similar to the diet of hcg. (Not the extreme calorie restriction though). Anyway, her maintenance plan has worked SO well for her, and I think I'm going to try to use it after P3. It's a good WOE for life, and allows 1 cheat day a week (followed by as many P2 days in a row as it takes to get back to LDW).
Old 07-23-2013, 08:40 AM   #649
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Morniní Jessi,

Yes this is the Zion trip. I canít wait. We went to Moab a couple years ago and were just blown away. DH has a bunch of rewards points from all his travel and some friends of ours in the Las Vegas area wanted us to come visit. I looked around for where we could get a free room and found a killer hotel just outside of Zion that wasnít too far away. So weíre making it a combo sightseeing and friend visiting trip.

You are doing so great!! If I was in your spot I think Iíd do the very same thing. When BF returns, wonít he be surprised.

A side note, a new term here (youíve probably already heard it, Iím not very cutting edge ) BFFL, pronounced Biffell. Weíve been cracking up calling our friends ďmy little biffellĒ.

I found this online about Ideal Protein. Youíre right it looks a lot like protocol with their supplied products.

The Ideal Protein diet protocol was developed by Dr. Tran Tien Chanh in the 1990s. While working in a sports medicine clinic in France, Dr. Chanh designed a high protein diet protocol that helped athletes maintain a healthy weight without sacrificing lean muscle mass. Also working on obesity-related issues, Dr. Chanh soon discovered that the same diet helped obese patients achieve quick, healthy, long-lasting weight loss.
History
The protein diet was developed in the United States by Dr. George Blackburn in the mid-1970s, and launched in France in the 1980s. Expanding on the idea of using high levels of protein in the diet to maintain lean muscle mass while burning stored fat, Dr. Chanh created a line of products that are high in protein, contain 8 amino acids, and are 95 percent bio-absorbable. Dr. Chanh's company, Ideal Protein, is now an international company, and clinics can be found across North America and Europe.
Ideal Protein Products
The Ideal Protein diet uses medically designed and manufactured soy and whey protein products in combination with select vegetables and animal proteins. Carbohydrate consumption is limited, so grains, dairy products, fruits, and sugars are temporarily restricted from the diet. Ideal Protein products include shakes, protein bars, soups, cereal, omelet, pancakes, stew, chili, spaghetti, puddings, soy puffs, soy chips, soy nuts, salad dressings, condiments, and vitamin and mineral supplements.
Diet Protocols
The Ideal Protein diet uses the principles of ketosis, along with regulating insulin and glucagon levels to promote the burning of stored fat for energy. By restricting carbohydrate consumption to between 20-30 g per day, the pancreas will stop producing insulin, which carries glucose into fat cells for storage, and produce glucagon, which opens fat cells and pulls the stored energy out to be used. High levels of soy and whey proteins help build and maintain lean muscle mass, so the internal organs are protected and the body burns more calories. At the completion of the diet, pancreatic function is stabilized, and lean muscle mass is increased.
Phases of the Ideal Protein Diet
There are four phases in the Ideal Protein diet. The first phase is followed until 80 percent of your goal weight loss is achieved. In phase 1, three Ideal Protein food products are consumed per day, along with four cups of select vegetables, unlimited lettuce, and 5-7 oz. of lean animal protein. In Phase 2 the lunch or dinner protein packet is replaced with 150-200 g of white meat or fish until full weight loss goal is met. Phase 3 gradually adds grains to breakfast, plus a dairy product once every two days. Phase four is the maintenance of your ideal weight by making healthy food and lifestyle choices.
Old 07-23-2013, 05:30 PM   #650
Major LCF Poster!

I went grocery shopping just to get some normal clean foods to get me thorugh the week, greek yogurt, berries, whole grain cereal, whole milk, turkey, carrots, plums, and radishes. Then I'll go shopping again for the protein phase. @Jessi you do a certain length of time as protein only. I'll probably do almost a week. Then you do rotations of protein days and protein/veggie days. It is mostly low carb but the veggies are not nearly as restricted as atkins, etc. You can do every other day or 2/3 rotation or I think 3/4 rotation. I plan on doing 4 days protein (M-Th) then 3 days (fri-Sun) protein/veggies. Then maintenance sounds something like your moms and you have to stay on certain protocol until you maintain for a certain amount of time and then you are supposed to have one major cheat meal a week, including desserts etc, and then still maintain one protein day a week. It is restrictive on dairy but I plan to keep small amounts and probably allow greek yogurt on my all protein days just to give variety.

Anyway, hopefully those last 10 fall right off! lol those are always the hardest for me.

Terri have fun on your trip!! Sounds fun!!
Old 07-23-2013, 06:51 PM   #651
Major LCF Poster!

ok girls fingers crossed for me, we are trying to adopt a rescue. his name is otis and he is a deaf boxer mix. trying not to get my hopes up but hoping we add to our family soon!! the pet adoption process is kindof a bear!
Old 07-23-2013, 08:18 PM   #652
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I guess it's not just California. I couldn't believe the hoops they make you jump through and personal information they want you to fork over just for the opportunity to meet a perspective fur baby. They actually wanted to come to our home to inspect it for suitability. A gal that works at the animal shelter told me she was actually denied. So we visit the shelters from time to time and keep our eyes open. I'll bet a lot of special doggies go homeless for what they but people through.
Old 07-24-2013, 08:12 AM   #653
Senior LCF Member

OH MY GOSH!!!!! I am sooooo excited for you, even though I swear my hopes aren't up! Let us know as SOON as you know! I seriously cannot WAIT until we can take home a rescue puppy. I have been dragging my BF to every single Adopt-a-Pet event in SA, just to get an idea of which breeds we like. I have also drug him to the pet stores that sell puppies, just to get my fix. (We are both 100% set on a rescue and would never buy from a store, but sometimes I just need to pet puppies!) I can't wait until we have a house with a big yard so we can spoil one! (or two) @Terri, I think we also have to have somebody come to our house in order to adopt, which is just SO ridiculous, in my opinion. Erin, is there anybody else looking to adopt him?
Old 07-24-2013, 04:35 PM   #654
Major LCF Poster!

I don't think so but I'm not sure. She said that a home visit isn't neccesary but they might still want to come. Which is fine, but I've already told her that we are going to be moving in a few months. Had to promise to always let them know our address and give them right to call us any time to check on him. It is ridiculous what they force you to do, but I guess some people try to adopt dogs for the wrong reasons. This is a smaller rescue group I believe. We are going to go meet him on Saturday!!!
It's been kindof an argument in our house because my bf wanted to get another puppy to raise from little, I argued for a rescue. I flat out refused the puppy idea also because of house training lol and because it seriously upsets me that people spend so much money on designer dogs and pure breds when there are so many out there without homes, so I said if we don't rescue, no dog. He actually found Otis online.
@jessi it's so hard to see all of those sweet little guys and not want to take them home! He knew as soon as he sent me a pic I couldn't say no!
Terri I hope we don't get denied! The rescue lady sounded excited by all of our answers and was willing to let us do a meet and greet so hoping they will be satisfied! We don't have a fenced in yard, but I assured her that Riley is never outside unattended, never runs off etc, since he cannot hear he has to have a good dog to set the example. lol. It will be a lot of work but worth it.

So how are the rest of you all doing otherwise? Terri what approach are you doing right now? Jessi girl you are going to just be wasting away here soon! You are doing so awesome!
It felt nice to get back on track and eat home made food for the first time in ages. Higher carb than normal but I am on a serious cereal kick and want to get it out of my system lol.
Old 07-24-2013, 10:17 PM   #655
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I love the name Otis!! Big that you have a new member of the family. What kind of dog is Riley?

I couldn't decide if I wanted to do FF or M&E so I was just doing low carb with a slant to both trying to figure it out and I just kept losing. So I'm going to see where this takes me until after vacation. If I stall out or have a big bump after this weekend I might do a FF next week before we go.
Old 07-25-2013, 08:25 AM   #656
Senior LCF Member

Don't even get me started on designer dogs!! One of the most popular breeds right now can't even reproduce on its own, so requires AI. Almost ALL of them have terrible allergies, painful, itchy eyelashes that scratch their eyes, infection from unclean wrinkles, AND must have their butts wiped because they can't reach them. Everybody keeps buying these "designer" dogs, but do you think they all have THAT MUCH time to devote to them to keep them healthy and happy? Heck no! And paying $3000 for one dog could help SOOOOO many shelter puppies and kitties! Ok, I'll stop now, haha

Is Riley good with other dogs? That's SO perfect that you guys already have her to help Mr. Otis learn the ropes... Can't wait to hear what happens on Saturday! Is Otis local?

Erin I could just hug you for the 'wasting away' description, haha! Some days I feel skinny, but other days I just feel like I still have this huge gut, ugh. I feel like all 14 of these last pounds need to come from my tummy, hips, and inner thighs. I'm also definitely getting the "skinny fat" look, so will need to tone up once it's finally gone. I have bad stretch marks from being preggers, and my stomach looks awful right now! I heard something about MSM cream -- any experience with that?

144 today (my LDW from R1). TOM is also here, so I'm guessing 144 is going to be the number to beat for while!

@Erin, your cereal kicks crack me up, haha! Waffle Crisp?
@Terri - HOORAY that it's been working for you! And I think FF is a good idea for next week, because that way maybe you can get down a couple more pounds, so you can just have fun and enjoy vacation time without worrying about dieting!
Old 07-25-2013, 10:05 AM   #657
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Boy do I know that skinny fat description When I was down to my lowest my face and throat almost look gaunt, but my thunder thighs kept a rollin'.

So a little bump today for no particular reason. .40 Nothing but fluctuation I imagine. But what it did was give me a clear plan. I will definitely do FF starting Monday for four days. Just like you said Jess, I'll have that comfort level drop to enjoy vacation with. Plus DH will be out of town, so easy peasy. Until then I will continue my M&Eish low carb and resume that (hopefully ) during vacation.
Old 07-25-2013, 04:38 PM   #658
Major LCF Poster!

Riley is a boxer she is very sweet and very well behaved, not to brag but it's true lol.

Even when I was close to 130 I felt super skinny fat. uugh so I know the feeling. My legs, thighs, rump and lower belly still looked awful I thought. What I would give to get down to that weight again!!

Terri are you still planning a dukan-ish approach when you get back from vacation? Maybe you got slightly less sleep hence the bump, that always happens to me WHY i don't know. You will be back down after 4 days of FF for sure!!

I love any and all types of cereal, but been stuck on Post whole grain ones, they have different flavors like cranberry almond and hazlenut cinnamon. I go nuts over that kind of stuff. haha.

No experience with the cream you've mentioned. :/ I think it takes a looooong time for those stretch marks to tighten up, if they even will at all. My cousin has tons of loose skin on her inner thighs and it did tighten up some but she consisntelty rubs creams on them.
Old 07-25-2013, 08:52 PM   #659
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yep, I'm still thinking Dukan-ish. How about you? Are you starting next week?

The only cereals I ever loved were Capt'n Crunch and Grape Nuts. Consequently I eat eggs.

Thanks for the bump clue. You could very well be right. Iíve been staying up late lately.
Old 07-26-2013, 06:46 AM   #660
Senior LCF Member

LOL@Terri!!! YES! My arms look skinny, but there's definitely still some rollin' happening in these thunder thighs! Haha!! Oh, and my boobs are now just pathetic and sad... wish all that extra in my tummy would migrate up there!

I looove FF food (although I wish we could eat MORE of it on FF days! Haha). Erin had a really good recipe for chocolate cream cheese muffins, if you haven't tried that! And I can't wait for a P3 full fat greek yogurt correction day!

Do you know what cream your cousin used? I'm sure most if it went away with the amount of muscle she gained... I have stretch marks on my inner thighs as well from being preggers, and NOBODY told me that could happen! Between those ones and my tummy ones, it's impossible to look good in a bikini! I think I've just gotten more used to it though, and at least they are TAN this year!!

When are you starting your protein attack phase? And fingers are crossed for you and the BF tomorrow!! (and Riley!)

Up .6 today, but I have sausage fingers (water retention) so I'm not too worried. Weird though, since I ate the exact same thing I've been eating all week...? Maybe caused by TOM? Anyway, I want to try to add FF GY in every now and then.

What is yall's favorite way to eat GY? So far, all I've liked is mixed w/strawberries and splenda.