Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-09-2013, 05:06 PM   #601
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: RileyWorm
Oh and I have used turkey sausage on P2!! I actually almost bought some today. It's probably a YMMV thing but I've always had turkey when I didn't feel like eating chicken and no issues. If you buy it it's probably a bit higher in fat than regular white ground turkey; you could probably mix up you own 'sausage' too.
RileyWorm is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-10-2013, 11:38 AM   #602
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: MsHistory
Stats: 163/148/125-130?
WOE: Hhcg
Start Date: February 2011
Ok then, I'm going to keep plugging away until I hit something under 135! (Which gives me +-2 to be at 135)

Yesterday was the first day I reeeeeally craved carbs. I also had ZERO energy, and it was exhausting just to walk along the lake and go fishing. I broke down and bought a piece of jerky for some quick protein (made sure it was SF). I also added an oopsie roll and had a couple bites of cottage cheese trying to get in some extra protein. The result was a gain (argh!), so I'm thinking maybe I need to up my lunchtime protein to avoid afternoon fatigue? Or maybe it was just yesterday... I think the carb cravings may have come from adding splenda to my morning lemon juice. Ugh, who knows!!!

I also want to tone up once I finally hit goal... I think working out will also HOPEFULLY keep me more conscious of what I'm eating, and remind me not to just start eating whatever I feel like! I got some of GS's cookbooks too, and I also found a cool site called Nom Nom Paleo that looks like it has some good dupes!

The floating trip sounds so fun! Definitely a good reason for a planned interruption!! Is there any way to do a planned interruption based around drinking? Or will I end up just gaining weight I have to re-lose?

I'm trying the turkey sausage tonight in Zuppa Toscana! I rinsed the extra grease off... fingers crossed for a loss!

Your meals sound yummy! I'm definitely looking forward to getting a bit more rogue, and hoping the losses will somehow magically speed up!

Terri, thanks so much for the extended round info! Do you just alternate the calories until the stall breaks? Then go back to 500/day?
MsHistory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 05:16 PM   #603
Major LCF Poster!

That's why I add protein at breakfast otherwise I just feel waaaayyyy too blah without it. Cottage cheese is also pretty high in salt, and so is cream cheese if that's how you made your oopsie roll, actually so is beef jerky! It's probably all the salt. Sometimes though beating that fatigue is worth the slight bump! I hate feeling that way!!

I did good today, B was salad with some lunch meat on it, and some italian dressing, lunch was chicken and green beans, dinner was 2 eggs and 2 crackers. Over that 2 day hunger in the beginning, I think.

On the trip I will still eat low carb which is actually not too hard to do, unfortunately I will be drinking beer but may or may not affect me too badly. I really find that as long as I eat clean, alcohol doesn't affect me too badly, just like I can eat a carby meal once in a while but I can't drink alcohol also. One or the other. Anyway, I'll have to just cut my losses that weekend because no way can I go floating while on-plan and not drink lol!!

SO how are the wedding plans coming????

Terri, what's new with you? How's the alternate days going for you??

*Clean eating and daily workouts
*Bikini Body Mommy Challenge
*Month 1 down, Month 2 started 8/12
*Goal: Fit into old clothes and overall fitness
Old 07-10-2013, 06:56 PM   #604
Senior LCF Member

I actually made the oopsie roll with 0% GY (Gosh, I just seem to keep getting more and more and MORE rogue... oops!) but I figured it's SUCH a small amount that it will hopefully be okay? I made the Zuppa tonight with turkey sausage (drained and rinsed) and it was DEEEELISH! Gosh I hope I get a loss tomorrow, because I want to eat it again!

It was a TON of salt, but my fingers didn't feel quite as "sausage-y" this morning as they usually do... who knows, hopefully it was just a glitch! I skipped the splenda at breakfast and felt way better today: no cravings, little hunger.

Do you make your own Italian dressing? I think I might get better results if I do like you and eat more food for brekkie and lunch, then a small dinner. I always seem to eat most my calories at dinner, and I don't "feel" skinny when I wake up...

And no, you can NOT go floating and not drink... haha My problem is that drinking always leads to eating for me, either at the end of the night, or the next day. Your trip sounds fun though!

No wedding plans yet, beyond a pinterest board... haha
Old 07-10-2013, 07:46 PM   #605
Major LCF Poster!

I don't make my own italian, I should. I just get the stuff from the salad bar at work. I probably use about a tbsp. I find that it goes so much further than any other kind of dressing. There are a few rogue habits I just can't break! Like I also have to use a bit of oil/butter to cook my eggs too. I think you should be fine from the oopsie! I always lose so good when I incorporate GY. I haven't had it in FOREVER after I was on a kick where I was eating it every day for probably a year straight! And honestly, I think I maintained the best whenever I eat that. Hmmmm.....
Anyway, it was probably a glitch on your scale. My scale does that all the time, I'll hop on and be up like 3 pounds and I'll get off, let it reset, and it goes back to what it should be.
Yeah alcohol always makes me do that too!! I just try to always have lots of yummy fatty low carb foods, but my pantry and fridge has been so bare lately I've been chowing down on whatever's available.
Cruising some food boards on pinterest has me depressed lol 1 month until I can even think about eating a decent size meal!
Old 07-10-2013, 10:11 PM   #606
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: TerriMM
Stats: 144/142.7/130
WOE: IE/M&E
Good evening Ladies!!!!
I agree with Erin, Jess. Iíll bet itís the salt too. Drink water like crazy. Last round I learned to enjoy salad with fresh lemon and salt. I normally eat a lot of salt (my system is naturally low) so it doesnít affect me to bad unless I eat a lot of processed food. When I start alternating, I usually keep it going because I keep losing. I can usually drink, I drink wine or liquor, for one day without a problem and many times a loss but two days in a row will usually cause a bump.

Yesterday I did a perfect M&E day, and then found myself splashing around in a jar of peanut butter. Fortunately I was down .70 today. Today was off day. I think I did pretty well. I had a Smoothie for breakfast. Lunch, we took a girl at work out to celebrate her birthday; I had Szechwan Pork, no rice or noodles. Dinner I had a big salad with Tri-Tip, kidney beans, sunflower seeds and yogurt dressing. It was a day in heaven. Tomorrow and Friday Iím back to M&E.

Iíve been doing projects around the house with DH out of town, planting the rest of my garden and painting the bathroom so I havenít been working out. I hope it doesnít back fire on me. And by the way if anyone is interested, when fixing an area that has lifted do to the previous owners texturing and painting over wallpaper and you think itís just about perfect, DONíT touch it!
Old 07-11-2013, 07:32 AM   #607
Senior LCF Member

LOL @ Terri! Hmmmm sounds like you had a bit of a fun project going on? Haha Painting over wallpaper, ugh... some people!

Your "off day" sounds delicious, but extremely on plan! Nice willpower! Do you make your own yogurt dressing? W2G on the .7 loss!

Only down .2 today, but I think the zuppa was really high in salt... I swear though, on P2 everything HAS to be high in salt to taste good! Haha

Oh my gosh Erin, I SWEAR someday my scale is going to cause me a mental breakdown! It will say one thing, and then I will step on again and it will be up half a pound, a whole pound, whatever it feels like. It's sooooo infuriating!!!! Maybe I should get one of the old school rotary ones...

I need to make a separate Pinterest board JUST for P3 dishes I can't wait to have!!! (Your spaghetti squash alfredo being one of them!!!!)
Old 07-11-2013, 08:50 AM   #608
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Holy Mother of ÖÖÖÖ.. Forget what I said about Szechwan Pork and not retaining water. I was up 2.2 today. I knew when I first woke up and realized I didnít get up to pee at all last night. And funny thing is my rings donít feel tight at all. So Iím feeling your pain today girl.

I buy Yogurt dressing in the veggie department. Bolthouse being the lowest cal @ about 45 cal for 2T, Maries being my favorite @ about 70 cal for 2T. They are surprisingly good.

Sorry your losses are not cooperating lately, but it sounds like they are starting to move the right way again.
TerriMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 07:24 PM   #609
Major LCF Poster!

Oh Terri what a huge bummer, it's funny how certain foods do that to us! Hopefully it'll drop right off by tomorrow. So how did the rest of the project go? Your salad sounds AMAZEBALLS! I am finally all out of dressing at my house (a couple of years ago I made the conscious decision to only buy one at a time and only buy new when one runs out, I was tired of the fridge door being full of half gone dressing!) and may have to try out that dressing you're talking about!

Jessi I can't wait to try the spaghetti squash alfredo! Ugh I can't say that I'm totally craving foods or missing foods but realizing how far I have to go makes me want to give up now and eat that snickers ice cream pie I just pinned. lol. .2 is still DOWN, and you have really been dropping the weight so your body might just be catching up too!

So I found out today the house is starting the 2nd week of August, that's the first chance we have for the foundation guy to get started. So another month yet! AAHHH!
Old 07-12-2013, 08:50 AM   #610
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good Morning and Happy Friday to All!
Sorry about yet another delay on the house getting started. Looks like your cousin is getting his summer off after all. How are things going with your round? Have you weighed in yet?

Well Iím down 1.8 of the 2.2 bump, which gives me a whopping .40 loss for the week so far. My body seems to be doing everything it can to stay at this weight. I think next week Iím going to go with FF for my down days. Either that or go back to the original two day diet plan. I lost pretty well (although I only did it for three days, it was right before the holiday) and I didnít gain after the up day. The more I think about it, the more Iím leaning that way. Isnít it funny how in the middle of posting your thoughts you hear yourself talk and it kind of figures things out for you? Or is it just me?

Well the bathroom wall looks awesome. I canít wait for DH to see it. Hopefully it doesnít continue to be an issue in other parts of the room. At this point I donít see any other lifting, but I canít help but think itís only a time bomb.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!
Old 07-12-2013, 09:44 AM   #611
Senior LCF Member

Terri, that's awesome!! (The 1.8 drop)... so really, it was just the water weight. And down is down, friend! Are you dosing again? Are you at a previous set point right now?

LOL@ Erin... if you could only see the number of condiments in my fridge door, ugh! And I swear it doubles with all the weird hcg stuff in there. (Aminos, mason jars of homemade dressing, 20 different Walden Farms products...) I can't WAIT for some real dressing on my salad! I wonder if I could find any dupes for creamy dressing? Walden Farms dressings are awful, in my book. Haha

I'm down today, and yesterday I ate turkey sausage and made a SUPERRR yummy chicken and spinach dish... so I ate like a champ. BUT, I limited salt at dinner and ate earlier... 1 pound loss! Gosh I'm glad I have you guys to help me figure out what's going on!

I can't believe you just said Snickers AND ice cream and PIE!!!!!!

Sorry about the house delay... hopefully this will be your one and only hiccup along the way! This gives you more time to pin awesome ideas, which I love all of them, BTW!!!

I think I'm going to invest in a mandolin slicer to make Zoodles... have you guys eaten zucchini on P2? Is it one of the higher carb veggies?
Old 07-12-2013, 01:09 PM   #612
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks Jessi. I think I needed to hear that. Yes this has been a set point that plagued me for years. Before I started HCG two years ago I was stuck here with Atkins (140ish). Keep in mind Iím only 5í2Ē barely. I headed back there around the holidays and have been bouncing within 5# of that up or down all year. I havenít started dosing again since I have no hunger on M&E anyway, but if I go with the original two day, Iíll probably start again.

Yay for the Pound. And away you go!!

Iíve had Zucchini on P2 many times with no problem. They are a very low carb veggie.
Old 07-12-2013, 04:22 PM   #613
Major LCF Poster!

Terri I 100% believe in that set point thing. It just gets harder and harder to get to where we want to be! Good news about the 'whoosh' though! Glad to know that bump wasn't too permenant! Isn't it amazing though how the same 5 pounds or even ten has plagued us for so long?! I just don't get it.

Jessi, I for one can't eat zuchinni, it always makes me gain. I don't know why. Same thing with brussel sprouts. But YMMV, I know they are super low carb like Terri said but for some reason those 2 veggies don't agree with me, honestly I think alot of it has to do with the fact I just eat too much of them lol. Your menu yesterday sound amazing. Luckily I"m not to the point where I have to start getting creative just yet lol.

I can't complain too much about the house, I do know the foundation guy is pretty booked solid, and my cousin is in the middle of a remodel for someone else, I just have had these plans in motion for so long I can barely stand my own skin in anticipation for the whole thing lol!

Today I had chicken and green beans, a chicken salad, the chicken was tossed in hot wing sauce, no dressing. I probably won't have anything much for dinner except maybe a protein shake or an egg or two, since my salad was twice the size I normally get. I figure that I am getting in about 1000 calories a day, some days less or more.. I'm not weighing but I can tell a huge difference, My stomach doesn't feel half as bloated as it has been lately.

Tomorrow me and the BF are off to the science center, I am soooo excited they have a mummy exhibit there right now!!!
Old 07-12-2013, 08:41 PM   #614
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Wow, a mummy exhibit sounds very exciting. I have never seen one. So I take it weíre talking Egypt stuff? Please tell us all about it!

I agree about how crazy the different exercise, food, supplements or diets affect us all. Why does it have to be so hard?
Old 07-13-2013, 06:43 AM   #615
Major LCF Poster!

I weighed this morning, slightly disappointed by the number but I think it just goes to show that I was at a waaayyyy higher weight when I started. I didn't weigh last Monday. I think I"m down 3-4 pounds. Nothing spectacular but better than nothing. I definitely feel like I LOOK like I'm down more than that. Off to bum around with the BF all day, already thinking about what I'm going to do for lunch!!! Depending on where we go, probably either grilled chicken salad, bunless burger, or small steak??

Anyway, hope you all have a good weekend free from temptations!! haha! I'll let you know how the exhibit is, I'm so excited!!
Old 07-13-2013, 09:26 AM   #616
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I think you're right about being higher to start. I'm always disappointed when I don't weigh in to start with because I don't want to know. But how you feel and look is really to object of the game. The number, no matter what, does not fit into the skinny jeans. So big

I had wine last night with DH when he got home. Wine cheat! Down 1.7 to lowest point yet. The sad part is it only makes a total of 1.9 since Monday because of my Chinese bump, but 4.1 since the Monday before when I started the two day experiment. Leaning towards trying the original two day next week. #1 because DH wants to, he's in town and it's always easier to eat the same, #2 the fluctuations didn't seem to be as sever and #3 I never gave it a fair shake to begin with as I only did it three days.

Have a great time today!

Mornin' Jessi!
Old 07-14-2013, 09:47 AM   #617
Major LCF Poster!

Wine cheats are my favorite kind lol!! Especially the drop the next day on the scale. Do you rebound on day 2 like I do? 4.1 is still good in 2 weeks, they say an average of 2lbs a week is ideal. It is soo much easier when you have someone in the same house eating the same as you. The BF has been less resistant to LC than before, as long as I do the cooking he has no choice lol and I've gotten him to expand his horizons as far as veggies and LC substitutions for things.

The mummy exhibit = big fat bust. Usually when the Science Center has travelling exhibits like that they are in the huge dome attached, with lots to walk through etc. This was in a small room inside the Center with not much to look at an far more oriented towards younger children than their exhibits usually are. It was still neat, but nothing near worth the $30 I paid for 2 admissions. The Titanic exhibit and the Pirates exhibit that we went to previously were ahhhhmazing and we spent HOURS there. Just disappointed.

Anyway, 2# down from yesterday which does make me suspect my number yesterday was not accurate. I ended up eating ice cream last night SHAME! Luckily I was clean eating all day and lowish cals so it all worked out on the scale today. I got out some porkchops to marinate and they had already turned bad in the fridge, what a disappointment. Maybe get out chicken thighs for the grill later.
Old 07-14-2013, 06:44 PM   #618
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Bummer, I was looking forward to some great descriptions of the exhibit. Itís crazy the admission they charge to these things these days. I'm with you, I'll fork it over, but I expect to be wowed.

I'll bet that and the disappoint about the chops still couldn't take the shine off those 2# down. Nice job!

I did get a .5# rebound this morning (infamous two day effect). But that didn't hurt my feelings too bad.

It's taken years but DH is finally coming around. I think when he saw my blood tests compared to his, plus my doctors comment of "you get it, it's not the steak, it's the carbs" he has become a believer.

So we're starting the original two day diet tomorrow.
B-Cheese toast & a peach
L-Roast beef rolls, veggie package
S-Dill pickle slices
D-Hamburger & green beans
S-1/2 banana or an apple, maybe a SF jello

What's your menu and calories look like this round?
Old 07-14-2013, 07:25 PM   #619
Major LCF Poster!

Menu is: breakfast is either eggs, or a protein and veg, so then dinner is the opposite, and lunch is chicken breast with lettuce, light dressings. I estimate 1000 cals or so, cuz I also have hwc in my coffee. Depending on how I've been feeling I've been allowing a 100 calorie snack, I have a few in the pantry and sf pudding, hot chocolate, whatever I've been feeling to cure the sugar cravings. Today though was a total bust, huge wine cheat :/ and then dinner was some crackers and cheese and some cereal. I'm the queen of hodge podge dinners and snacks lol. But no matter what I know I'm in a better position than I was this time last week so I'm ok with it.

The menu sounds DELISH, nothing too crazy and totally doable!! Good luck this week and good job of getting hubs on board!! My BF is finally getting it too...
Old 07-15-2013, 07:40 AM   #620
Senior LCF Member

Good morning pretty ladies!

I'm sooo bummed to hear about the mummy exhibit! And holy moly I would have LOVED to see the Titanic and Pirate exhibits! You have inspired me to see if we have any cool museums with traveling exhibits here. I heard rumblings of a really good WW2 museum somewhere here in TX, so I'm excited to check them out. The admission prices have gotten RIDICULOUS! BF and I went to the Country Music Hall of Fame a few months ago, and it was the BIGGEST waste of money. Admission was like $30 per person, and we both thought it was an incredibly dull.

4 pounds in 1 week is awesome, Erin! Especially being rogue -- that's great! I think that's more than I'm losing, and I'm aiming for 500 calories, which makes me wonder if you're really onto something with this rogue WOE....

Terri, 4.1 in 2 weeks with NO HCG is also fantastic! Plus only a .5 bump for wine night? Sounds like your body is hanging on to the losses, so keep up the good work!! My goal is to be where you're at, as far as being able to indulge without an insane bump!

This weekend was pretty good... except we went to a bbq and they made me the most delicious, amazing, dripping with grease hamburger and I ate the WHOLE thing! (With oopsie rolls for the bun, like THAT made it better! haha). I also mixes non-protocol veggies, and hit 1000 calories on that day, ugh! So I was up 0.6 the next day, but overall down over the weekend. I'm at 148.6 (My GOSH the 140's were hard to get into this round!!!) for a total of 14.4 in 23 days.

144 was my maintained weight from R1, so I'm anticipating a stall in the next week or so. I'm determined to get below 135 this round, but my resolve is definitely being tested. Especially with some days feeling more hunger ... should I up my dosage?

My BF is a hunter, so I've actually added in venison this week and lost GREAT on it! Also, remember those salt stall days? I realized I was using 1 TABLESPOON of chicken bouillon instead of 1 tsp. in all my soup recipes... derp derp derp
Old 07-15-2013, 10:40 AM   #621
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsHistory View Post
This weekend was pretty good... except we went to a bbq and they made me the most delicious, amazing, dripping with grease hamburger and I ate the WHOLE thing! (With oopsie rolls for the bun, like THAT made it better! haha). I also mixes non-protocol veggies, and hit 1000 calories on that day, ugh! So I was up 0.6 the next day, but overall down over the weekend. I'm at 148.6 (My GOSH the 140's were hard to get into this round!!!) for a total of 14.4 in 23 days.

144 was my maintained weight from R1, so I'm anticipating a stall in the next week or so. I'm determined to get below 135 this round, but my resolve is definitely being tested. Especially with some days feeling more hunger ... should I up my dosage?

My BF is a hunter, so I've actually added in venison this week and lost GREAT on it! Also, remember those salt stall days? I realized I was using 1 TABLESPOON of chicken bouillon instead of 1 tsp. in all my soup recipes... derp derp derp
14.4?!?!?!? WTG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Venison is extremely lean; I can so see how that would work.

Your menu sounds great too Erin. Are you currently taking HCG?

Me? Right before TOM, woke up super early, two day effect and then some, not reporting tune it tomorrow
Old 07-15-2013, 04:41 PM   #622
Senior LCF Member

Ughhhh I ate dinner tonight at Panda Express... I'm SURE it was chock full of sugar. I had Chicken w/Mushrooms and Zucchini, and I think the chicken had some breading as well. My calories are at 550...Crossing my fingers the scale doesn't discourage me tomorrow!!

@Terri, sorry about all the negative factors I today's weigh-in... most of them aren't actual stallers, so hopefully you will see a drop once things are back to normal!
Old 07-15-2013, 05:08 PM   #623
Major LCF Poster!

WHOOOOT JESSI! that's awesome. i've done that before too with boullion haha!!! how do you prepare the venison? i simply cannot eat wild game of any sort, i can't stomach that gamey taste unless it's prepared the right way and sauced and seasoned out of its mind. i'm interested if you have any tips!! we have a freezer full of wild boar meat that i won't touch lol.

Terri I'm taking hcg. Been doing good too until today, I was just STARVING. I had dinner at my mom's and ate some mashed potatoes. Otherwise it was round steak and green beans. Not weighing again until Friday. Sounds like you had a rough morning too uggghhh those numbers just like to mess with your head so staying off is a good idea!

In other news, got the temporary electric hooked up at the construction site today!! Now to get some people in there to start doing work lol!
Old 07-15-2013, 09:49 PM   #624
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Electricity is very exciting! It makes things seems so much more real. Please post a picture of your lot. I'm getting excited now.

Okay girls I need some serious weight loss hebegebies sent my way. I am getting so diet fatigued. I am so sick and tired of losing and gaining the same 5#. I'm back to considering just going with a basic Protein Power or something, I don't know. I like the idea of the two day allowing me to have treats and a life, but I don't seem to have an off switch sometimes. And I really don't think I go that over board. Just a little too much of this and a little too much of that. Until it adds up to what the..... But the alternative seems to be giving them up completely and that doesn't appeal either. It seems when I do that, one little slip is more devastating. I'm just not sure what the answer is. Iím going to visit friends in 2 Ĺ weeks. I really want to make some head way by then.

Sorry, don't mean to me such a downer; I'm sure tomorrow will be a brighter day.
Old 07-16-2013, 07:17 AM   #625
Senior LCF Member

STS today... I guess it could have been worse. But still!

Erin, I HAAAATE the taste of wild game!! Ugh, sooo gross! I'll only eat the venison if it is made into jerky, as taco meat, or a chicken friend steak. (All ways which are seasoned into oblivion! Haha). For the jerky, it's super easy! We have a jerky gun, so I take out a bag of the ground venison, mix it with the jerky seasoning. (The BEST EVER is called Hi Country; it's from Wyoming, and I find it almost everywhere). Let it sit overnight, then dry in the dehydrator. SO GOOD. But so tempting in the evenings.. I need someone to hide it from me! Taco meat is great because it has so much seasoning. The fried steak is good if you tenderize the bajeezus out of it (to like 1/4 inch thick) and then season/bread/fry. Nobody here keeps the wild hogs (I guess they are just more of a nuisance here?) so I don't have experience with that, but I hope this helps!

@Terri: I'm so sorry that you're frustrated! There is nothing worse than working hard at something and feeling like you're not getting anywhere! I really admire your resolve though, and you certainly seem to be eating all the right things! How far are you from goal? Would it be worth doing a by-the-book hcg round, and then trying to stabilize at your goal weight? Although, if it's only 5 pounds, it definitely doesn't seem like a whole round is necessary... I'll keep brainstorming!

YAY FOR ELECTRICITY!!!! Yes, yes, post a pic of the lot!!!!!

A couple random things: have you guys tried Spinach chips? (cook w/ S&P on parch paper). They are SO good! Perfect munchies with almost no calories!

Also, my vegan-ish friend just told me that she makes vegetable bouillon by boiling veggies (celery, onion, garlic, spices, etc.) in the crock pot, blending it all up in a mixer, then freezing in ice cube trays to use as 1 cup servings. Maybe this is old news, but SO brilliant! Super easy, sugar free, WAY better for you than the bouillon cubes, and you keep the nutrients from the veggies! Def using it for my soup recipes from now on!

Last, the strawberry smoothie is amazing! It's sooo yummy, and takes a long time to eat, so it's also great for a low cal snack when the evening hunger demons hit!

Last edited by MsHistory; 07-16-2013 at 07:18 AM..
Old 07-16-2013, 09:34 AM   #626
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good Morning,
A little bit brighter morning this morning. Iím basically 20# from goal, but would be a lot saner with just 10#. I have a dinner at my sisterís (the brownie queen) Saturday and then vacation August 2nd to see friends who are low carb oriented and visit Zion state park. Two weeks ago I was thinking I could fairly easily loss 10# before we went. And I have. I just unfortunately promptly gained it back.

So here was my game last night: Friday I was 143.9 with a weekend (wine cheat low of 142.2), yesterday I was 145. I told myself if I was in the 143s today Iíd stick with two day for a couple more days, if I was back in the 142s Iíd stick with it for the week and if I was in the 144s or above I was moving on. This morning 144.5, but I figured what did I expect after having chocolate and peanut butter last night? So cream in my coffee Iím moving to FF. But Iím trying to figure out how to deal with the brownie queen, what to do with my nice burger and green bean lunch and what about my pork chop dinner I had planned. Then after I nice visit with Aunt Bernice (TMI ), even after coffee, I was 143.9. So now what? Okay I had chocolate & peanut butter last night and still lost, which means a little added sanity fat will probably be okay. I have a great menu lined up and plans that will really benefit flexibility. All that brain exploding over .60#, really? That even made me laugh.

So Iím sticking with two day, Iím going to make every effort to dull the sharp edges off the extremes of any kind. Iím not going to do an official off day Wednesday. After my dinner party Saturday Iíll still have two weeks before vacation, so Iíll reassess at that time. If I can get the 2# average going (and not gain it all back), and right now that seems possible, Iíll really work at sticking with this.

Thanks for being my sounding boards and the support!
Old 07-16-2013, 05:28 PM   #627
Major LCF Poster!

oh my word Terri we are dieting twins. I share your exact thoughts in your post 2 up. ugh. I have no advice. I just keep crossing my fingers and thinking that eventually something has got to give. When you figure it out let me know lol! I am beginning to think that dukan is where it's at for me. Last time I did that I lost a ton right away, the problem was I took a weekend off due to a wedding and it was all downhill from there. I think it is very similar to protein power that you talk about, and it also involves rotating days, ie protein days vs protein and veggie days. I think i'm going to stick out the rogue hcg until I can get a proper grocery session in and prepare myself for that type of diet. Right now I'm just eating mostly protocol and low calories being the most important. And I am just constantly thinking about how I have cut out dairy and GY in hopes of dropping weight and all I've really been doing is gaining. I haven't had GY in ages, and when I was eating that daily I was maintaining very well. I wish I had kept a better food diary over the past couple years!!

Anyway, glad that your morning was a bit brighter. Wish I had advice about the brownie queen. I know I would just gobble those right up without hesitating and worry about it later lol. And yay about the chocolate and pb. I would die without peanut butter. Or any type of sanity fat as you say. lol.

@Jessi STS is still good, you've done so well. My mom has a jerky gun but none of our meat is processed as ground up kwim. Here in Illinois wild boar aren't a problem but in Missouri it's pretty much open season on them year round in some parts. Never tried the spinach chips but may have to on your recommendation. My cousin tried kale chips and she said 'no good' lol. OH BTW I don't know if I mentioned that my same cousin (the crazy bodybuilder that lost like 200 lbs) is now getting divorced and its turning super nasty. Needless to say I think she has roid rage and am 100% on her ex's side. It's so sad how she's treating him now when he has stood by her at 270# plus and was a stay at home dad for their kids, and watched the kids everytime she went to the gym. She has turned absolutely bi polar and her soon to be ex thinks that she'll get the kids taken away because of the steroids. It's just a huge mess.

I will try to get some pics this weekend, it's nothing exciting yet lol all it is now is tall grass with the fields behind it. As of right now my street is bumped up against farm ground until the subdivision is developed further.
Old 07-16-2013, 08:23 PM   #628
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Okay, tell me about Dukan and why you are not doing it now. I'm researching as we speak.
Old 07-16-2013, 09:52 PM   #629
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Okay so zero fat and zero alcohol. A little harsh but no worse than P2 with a lot more to eat and a lot more variety. So why do P2? Is the weight loss less? What am I missing?
Old 07-17-2013, 05:21 AM   #630
Major LCF Poster!

I just need to go grocery shopping and thought I could lose faster on hcg. :/ Basically that's it. You have to do a whole week basically of protein only and I don't have enough here to get me through. I don't do low fat, I do moderate. I still eat things like bacon and ribeyes and use some butter/olive oil on veggies. Limit dairy, but I think I'll keep in GY. It says zero alcohol but every diet I've ever done has said that lol, I usually stick to vodka and diet sodas. It's just a matter of getting organized and getting started. Oh, and I also don't really eat the oat bran everyday either. Anyway, I did really well on it last fall, til the wedding I mentioned. Big grocery bill isn't in the budget until next paycheck so I'll go then.
I decided to stop the hcg again today and just eating regular ol' low carb.

Last edited by RileyWorm; 07-17-2013 at 05:22 AM..