Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-23-2013, 03:45 PM   #571
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: RileyWorm
You are probably home from camping but I take stuff like Greek yogurt, boiled eggs, string cheese, baby carrots, beef jerky, salad kits....it's too hard to do a strict protocol but I can usually try to keep it clean.

I love the Jillian Michael's workouts, I just pinned them and do them off the computer. I decided I am no longer spending money on workout dvds!! I am not losing at all, I'm getting really frustrated. I stopped the hcg bc I feel like I'm wasting my money. I'm just going to eat moderate low carb and keep up the workouts and see where that gets me. I don't do them everyday, but I've done I think 4 - 5 times a week. I think they are helping but I am never one who loses from working out.

My first lot I bought previous is now for sale. it's down the street from where we are building now but I wasn't able to get a walkout basement so I had to buy a different lot down the street. The plans are done, going to look them over on Wednesday! Here's the original plans, but I have made a handful of changes to it
I'm making the master bath smaller by taking out the tub, which will give me more room for an actual laundry room, the powder room is being cut in half with half going to the master closet and half will be a hallway pantry, and I have added stairs in the back of the living room and I'll have an atrium wall. I also bumped out the porch and bumped forward the garage, and expanded 2 feet on the garage side as well. The back porch is also going to be a deck and not part of the foundation if that makes sense.

Awesome job on the FF, Terri! I wish your motivation would rub off on me. Did you have a nice weekend? I always like hearing about the fun stuff you and your hubby do. You're still taking hcg, right?

My eating plan for the week is going to be scrambled eggs with chicken sausage for breakfast, chicken salad with a roll for lunch and probably cooked veggies, some sort of a snack like maybe nuts, and for dinners I've been sticking with protein shakes. I like keeping dinners light, I think that when I was losing that helped. I'm going to stay off the hcg this week and see if I can get motivated to start again and watch my intake closer. My weight is just about the highest it's been and I don't understand, cuz though I have like 1-2 cheats a week, I should not be gaining in that way. I need to stay off the scale alltogether for a while I think.

WOE: General Low Carb
Goal: 20 lbs to lose
9/14 - 5 lbs down, 15 to go.
RileyWorm is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-23-2013, 05:36 PM   #572
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: TerriMM
Stats: 147/143/128
WOE: LC
Sorry you're having such a rough time Even though you're not being 100 percent perfect (who is) you're doing so many things right. How are your clothes fitting? Could it really be a muscle thing? Good choice on the lot. I have always wanted a Basement.

I don't have much grand glorious stories this weekend. DH just left on the road so it was short. Basically just did some Wal-Mart shopping and hanging out yesterday. DH barbequed a lovely Tri-tip for dinner Friday so I have tons of leftovers for the week. I took the day off tomorrow to shampoo my carpet (the girls at work tease me that I really know how to live it up). I picked up the equipment and I'm going to vacuum and spot clean tonight so I can shampoo first thing in the morning and hopefully have the afternoon to play in the garden. We have some cooler weather right now so I don't want to waste it.

I did my carb cycle days Friday and Saturday which consisted of adding wine and the most incredible Bittersweet Chocolate Ice Cream I did not need to know about. I'm back on FF and will cycle again Wednesday when I have dinner at the Cheese Cake Factory with a friend.

From Sunday to Saturday - Week one I was down 4.70. Today up 2.5 that I hope will disappear tomorrow after today's FF.
Old 06-23-2013, 07:10 PM   #573
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: MsHistory
Stats: 163/148/125-130?
WOE: Hhcg
Start Date: February 2011
Ugh, I hear you on the frustration... It does seem strange though that a couple "cheats" a week would be that drastic. Isn't a couple times a week what the skinny people do naturally? (I think I read that somewhere in a George Stella cookbook). Workouts have NEVER resulted in weight loss for me either. Even after sticking with it for 3 months or so. Do you notice any difference in inches or muscle tone?

I didn't see a link or anything for the original plans, but I like the sound of a larger master closet! Haha And also adding space in the garage! I can't wait to see finished pics, esp of the atrium!

Terri, I'm anxious to see how it works out! Keep us posted! Do you keep taking the hcg on the days you add in carbs?

I have been posting in the p2 thread, but I think most everyone there is at the end of their VLCD's. And I can't find the thread where people post what's on their menu each day?! Oh well, I keep posting mine because I feel like it keeps me focused, haha. This week I'm excited to try making p2 corned beef and cabbage. I'm also thinking about using GY for my protein, but idk if it will keep me full for long enough...

Camping was great! We went kayaking too, and had sooo much fun! I ate a burger and a tomato all covered in mustard for each meal... It was actually really good! I've been feeling really weak though -- I don't remember that happening during R1 until the very end?

Weighing tomorrow, hopefully down a bunch!
MsHistory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 05:59 PM   #574
Major LCF Poster!

Good luck with the weigh in! The camping trip sounds sooo much fun!
Terri, your days off sound like something I would do! I love shampooing carpets lol I love seeing all the gunk that comes up. Does your husband travel for his work?

Yeah the link didn't show up, I'll tag you on Pinterest. Terri, do you PInterest? I spend waaaaayyyy too much time on there!

Down a bit today, still I feel 'up' though. Back hurting today. I think (and hope) that I've got some water weight from the wacky hormones I've been dealing with the past week.

No workouts today, just not feeling it. Tuesday, Wed, Thurs, and Sat is the plan this week.
Old 06-24-2013, 06:11 PM   #575
Senior LCF Member

I got a Scooba for my birthday (floor mopping robot) and I LOVVVE to empty the dirty water! So glad I'm not alone in my weirdness on that one, haha!

Today is VLCD5 and I'm down 4.2 pounds... not exactly the big week 1 losses I was hoping for, which makes me think this might be a painfully slow round. However, it's been SUPER easy... no real hunger (other than mental) and meals have tasted really yummy to me. Fresh fruits and veggies, plus chicken and beef grilled on the bbq -- what's not to like!? Haha... I'm sure I'll be singing a different tune around the beginning of week 3!

What are you guys' take on apple days? (Or steak days, though I would MUCH rather do an apple day...) I noticed that I did an apple day twice during my first round, usually after 2-3 days of no losses. Looking at the weigh-ins though, I'm not sure they were really worth much, and they're supposed to just be 'mental' anyway, right?

Checking pinterest now!
Old 06-24-2013, 08:33 PM   #576
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yep, he has his own business servicing microscopes for schools. This time of year he spends a lot of time out of state. Carpets shampooed by noon and then it started to rain just when I was ready to garden. So I bummed around the grocery wasting time, feeling kind of crumby and I almost went to the dark side. Fortunately I came up with a low carb yummy meal to pull me back. I came back home and made a big bacon, onion, mushroom quiche. Ate two pieces, had a couple glasses of wine and felt much better. It may not have been exactly on plan, but it was a win for me. Then the rain stopped and I planted flowers.
TerriMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 08:43 PM   #577
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Jessi 1+ pounds a day is great! Don't doubt that for a second. Apple days always worked for me, but I had to be perfect. Once I ran out of apples, got too hungry, had a P2 chili and gained.
Old 06-25-2013, 12:27 PM   #578
Senior LCF Member

Thank you Terri, that's definitely a better way to look at things! I was just hoping for like 3 pounds on day 1! Haha

Your quiche sounds sooooo yummy! That was a heck of a save... when I go to the dark side, it involves LOTTTTS of chocolate AND lots of wine, haha I can't wait until we buy a house so I can have a garden and plant flowers and fruit trees everywhere... I'm hoping TX will be an easy place to grow lots of my own fruits and veggies! What kind of flowers did you plant?
Old 06-25-2013, 01:22 PM   #579
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

WellÖÖÖ.there was some wine and maybe a little bittersweet chocolate, but I held it to a dull roar. But alas I'm up again.

DH is getting amped up for Protein Power. Since nothing else seems to be working for me at the moment Iím thinking of jumping into that full force. After everything Iíve done the last couple years; that actually seems like a piece of cake. I think the key for me right now is getting on something I can stay consistent with for a month or two instead of a week or two (or day or two) . And the nice thing about Pro-Pwr is they encourage lifting, Slow Burn to be exact.
Old 06-25-2013, 05:28 PM   #580
Major LCF Poster!

I've heard pretty good things about Protein Power....I may have to dust off my Dukan book again and give that a shot, I'm feeling the same way as you. I feel like that will be more sustainable for me for on the weekends. I'm going to hold on to my hcg until I feel ready to do it closer to protocol.

Jessi, 4 lbs is awesome!! You will be at goal before you know it! Way to take advantage of your SO being gone. Mine always sabotages me!\

I never did an apple day, I don't really care for apples haha so no advice there.

Did good today food wise, did Jillian level 2. I will probably finish out the week at level 2 and start level 3 Saturday maybe.
Old 06-27-2013, 07:01 PM   #581
Major LCF Poster!

i missed my workouts yesterday and today, i've just gotten home too late from work. i've been eating brussel sprouts also the past couple of days and man do they make my stomach hurt. thankfully i popped on the scale this am and i'm right around what i have been, which is good (maintaining>gaining).

anyways, my house plans are done, budget approved, and signing the paperwork for the lot tomorrow!! breaking ground in july. i can't flippin wait! the plans ended up being bigger than i expected but that's okay, not going to complain about more room!!
Old 06-28-2013, 07:20 AM   #582
Senior LCF Member

Oh my gosh, July is only a couple days away! That's so exciting!!! I looked at your Pinterest board and I LOOOOOVE all the stuff you have picked out!! But I still didn't see any plans? Oh my gosh, you seriously have the best pins on there, and I'm so excited for you just from looking at them! Haha

I'm actually waiting to hear back from a job interview, but I'm not really all that hopeful. I think I would have known by yesterday if I got the job, and they NEVER EVER EVER call to say "Thanks for coming in, we've filled the position", which is infuriating. If I had gotten it, it would have really made the house buying dream more attainable... but I guess I'll just keep working on grad school!

After 2 days gaining 0.2 per day, I'm down 1.2 today... yiPPEEEE!!! So that's 5.8 pounds in 8 days. Better than nothing!
Old 06-30-2013, 06:06 AM   #583
Major LCF Poster!

You're doing great!!! And Congrats on the new job!!!! I saw on Facebook. You have lots of things to be excited about!!!

The plans are on there, they are probably easy to overlook since I have pinned so much haha. I did make a few changes and the house is about 150 sq ft bigger.

I think I may start up hcg again tomorrow. I am going to food prep today so that I am on plan all week.
Old 06-30-2013, 07:57 PM   #584
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Congrads on the new job Jessi!!!

Hey Erin! Sounds like the house is shaping up nicely.

Well I researched the heck out of the two day diets. After considering the reviews from people with backgrounds similar to mine and the results with stats also similar to mine, I decided on the plan that made the most sense to me. It’s actually two, two day diets a week; Monday and Tuesday and Thursday and Friday. So I bought the book. It turned out to be a whole lot more low calorie and low fat on “on” days and higher carb then I expected. It’s actually a little reminiscent of HCG protocol. On days are 600-900 calories with more protein and dairy, an egg or cottage cheese for breakfast and 4-6 oz (cooked) meat with lunch and dinner. Add a veggie and fruit or maybe a small grain and that is pretty much it. The off days are about 1200 calories with an additional “healthy type” carb and two cravers. Cravers are supposed to be the reward to keep you from feeling deprived and quitting. They range from alcoholic beverage, small brownie, popcorn, Ĺ candy bar, butter, regular dressing, etc. There are also a few unlimited items like greens, cukes, radishes, pickles, SF jello and seasonings. Of course there is no ban on mixing, or lotion issues. I’m going to give it a shot starting tomorrow. I’m going to go ahead and use my HCG1234 drops and see how it goes. I actually tried alternating in a similar, unstructured way with HCG before with some good success.

Last edited by TerriMM; 06-30-2013 at 08:10 PM..
Old 07-01-2013, 06:35 AM   #585
Senior LCF Member

Oh my gosh Terri, I don't think I could ever eat 1200 calories a day without HCG; I would be STARRRVING!!! One of my friends can do that (And I think Erin can do that too?) and I have SUCH high respect for you guys!

Thank you so much for all the congrats! I'm actually SUPER excited! It's THE district that everyone wants to work in, and I had completely given up on a teaching job. I can't WAIT to get back into the classroom!

Erin, did you start hcg today? Are you doing rogue? Keep me posted!! And I will look again for the plans!

Down 8.4 pounds in 11 days... still chugging along!
Old 07-01-2013, 05:27 PM   #586
Major LCF Poster!

YAY JESSI! I didn't start today. The BF is on vacation from work so I figured hcging would be pointless. Maybe I'll try for next Monday. I'm so jealous of your 8.4 pounds!! Are you rogue? What are you doing food wise and calorie wise? I need inspiration!

Just got done with Jillian, level 2. I missed a few days last week so determined to stay on track this week.

Terri, that sounds very similar to a diet I did once. I lost quickly the first time I tried it. Good luck! Sounds very livable!

Both of you are inspiring me! I did eat good today but not nearly enough, we had a round of layoffs today which made my stomach upset, very grateful I was not one who was chosen!! But still causing zero appetite.
Old 07-01-2013, 06:09 PM   #587
Senior LCF Member

I hear you; dieting with the BF around is IMPOSSIBLE. I swear they sabotage us on purpose! Haha

Don't be jealous -- I have a lot more to lose than you! (And I'm RE-losing it anyway, haha!) This round so far has been super easy, and I'm even throwing around the idea of just sticking with it until I'm at goal... That may change though! I'm not rogue; aiming for the 500 calories... I do use a lot of Frank's, mustard, Splenda. Things that might technically be rogue, but nothing too serious!

I've been posting my menus in a P2 thread, but I'm like the only one, haha. I will just post them here if you want? Tonight was corned beef and cabbage, and I have a bad feeling that I ate too much... It was soooo yummy! Guess I'll see tomorrow! :/

Sooooo sorry to hear about the layoffs, but I'm so glad your position is safe! That would be such a gut-wrenching thing to go through though; the economy right now is so stressful! Well, I hope that the upset stomach will at least make the scale go down for you; there's a silver lining!
Old 07-04-2013, 08:20 AM   #588
Major LCF Poster!

I am finally at my breaking point where I am so frustrated, I might do another strict round. I just don't understand how my weight has gotten so high considering I eat moderate low carb and only really inculdge maybe 2x a week. That should be enough to maintain, at least! I think my plan is going to be 1-a breakfast of some sort (eggs or cottage cheese), 2-grilled chicken and lettuce 'salad' and 3- dinner of a meat and veggie. I don't know. I am now at 20 lbs to lose! UGH!!

I am glad that you are doing so well!!! I hate strict protocol but really that's how you get the best results. You will be at goal in no time!!

Hope you all have a fun 4th of July! I can't say I'll be doing anything too fun because I will have to go back to work tomorrow! :/
Old 07-04-2013, 10:23 AM   #589
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hey Erin,
Sorry for the frustration but I totally get it. I too am (or was) at the 20# mark. But I just couldn't maintain protocol even when it was working. Now the jury is still out on this two day thing, it's only been three days, two on, one off, but I'm down 3.7. On days I did cheese toast and fruit for breakfast, meat and veggies for lunch and meat, veggie and fruit for dinner. Off day I had peanut butter toast and fruit for breakfast, pasta and chicken for lunch, pizza and wine for dinner. Trick is will I be able to stay on "On days" tomorrow and Friday with DH home and the holiday and make it to the Off days this weekend? But I know I wouldn't be able to maintain protocol. Just a thought.
Old 07-08-2013, 05:13 AM   #590
Major LCF Poster!

That seems to be working great for you! How did it go over the weekend? I am not sure if I can be disciplined enough to have any off days right now, since I think just taking one day/one meal off a week has really not worked to my advantage. I am losing all the will power I used t have!!
New round starts today. B- cottage cheese, L- lettuce and chicken, D-? I think that I am going to be super strict during the day and for dinners just keep it small portions and low carb. Not crazy rogue, but I need to use up the food I have here first. So dinner will probably just be eggs or a hamburger patty, or a protein shake. I'm hungry already lol.

Well, hopefully the house is started this week or next, my contractor is meeting with the foundation guy today. So hopefully the ball gets rolling soon. I went to Home Depot and had them design my kitchen, luckily I think I will be coming in way under budget on that!! Yay!
Old 07-08-2013, 06:55 AM   #591
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

My biggest kitchen advise: Get the strongest garbage disposal available. The house I have now had the kitchen remodeled before we bought it and has a big powerful garbage disposal. One word - Heaven! Cantaloupe & watermelon peals, lemons, celery, anything, it makes such a difference.

Off days are definitely quite the challenge, as are four day weekends I did lose some ground, but am still 2.2 lower than last Monday. During the weekend I did a M&E day and my hunger was nonexistent, even without drops (I stopped them Thursday). So I'm thinking of going back to my original "made up" plan:

Mon, Tues, Thurs, Fri -M&E or FF
Wed, Sat, Sun Normal eating with some carbs, alcohol allowed.
Six days wk - Body Flex
Three-Fours day wk - 15 min lift squat routine
Whenever possible power walk

I started Tues 5-14-13 at 139.3 weighed in Saturday at 137. So down 2.3# and 3.75 inches. I canít say I was overly strict.

It worked just as well as the "by the book" plan in the long run and was a lot more livable.

Great luck on your new journey! How you doing Jessi?
Old 07-08-2013, 08:22 AM   #592
Senior LCF Member

Hey pretty ladies! Hope you guys had a fun 4th! It's really just not the same while dieting... sigh. We ended up going to the coast and staying at my fiancť's family's beach house, so it was super fun! We did tonnnns of fishing and I did lots of suntanning We also caught some crabs and got some fresh shrimp, so I have a bunch of that to eat! Thank goodness, because the thought of chicken makes me nauseous, ugh. Do you guys have any really good hcg recipes for shimp/crab?

I stayed mostly on plan... went over the 500 calories a couple times and mixed veggies (including squash, zucchini, mushrooms) for shishkabobs. After 4 days of not weighing, I am down 1.8 pounds. I'll take it, but it seems like my losses are MUCH slower than my first round. I also don't FEEL skinny, like I did on R1. My tummy doesn't look much smaller at all, and I'm down a total of 11 pounds after 18 days. Looks like I'll be going longer than 28 days, which stinks. I'm so tired of hcg food, haha! I think I need to add in eggs to shake things up.

I'm also trying to get an idea of what I'm going to do to MAINTAIN this time!!! I want to finish watching the Weight Loss Apocalypse videos, and I've been super interested in your WOE, Terri! I feel like I could stay somewhat strict as long as I had a couple pizza and wine nights built in!

@Erin, so sorry about the frustration, and I COMPLETELY understand! I had to start all over at 163 again this round, ugh. And I'm also kind of at a loss for advice for you, because I agree that it seems like you should be maintaining with that plan. Maybe post some menus on here to see if other people find potential triggers?

I'm in a food rut, so I'm going to go find some recipes. Also, I went to Target yesterday and was drooooooling over the smell of popcorn, and I remember you said you found some 100 calorie popcorn somewhere? Did you use that in place of the melba?

@Terri, did you re-start drops? And do you usually take them on your off-days?
Old 07-08-2013, 11:07 AM   #593
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi Jessi,
My favorite P2 Shrimp is stir-fried with Asparagus with a little soy sauce, ginger & garlic. I make a big batch and freeze it in portions for grab & go.

I did not restart my drops. With M&E or FF I have very little hunger, so I thought Iíd see how it went without. I am trying the Raspberry Ketones again though.

Even though you think youíre losing slower, thatís over a half a pound a day. KUTGW!!!! Try and hang in there. Believe me, itís a whole lot easier to keep going then start again.

I do like this WOE and right now I just donít seem to have it in me to do a round, as much as I really want to and need to, but in some ways itís harder to restrain myself from going over the deep end on Off days. Iím hoping by getting rid of some of the ďallowedĒ carbs like bread and fruit on On days, I might have a better time on Off days.
Old 07-08-2013, 02:39 PM   #594
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Well I take that back. 1/2 day in and I'm already getting heartburn so the Raspberry Ketones are out.

I also picked up the new Two Day Diet by Dr. Michelle Harvie and Professor Tony Howell. They are the ones that did the big study in England revolving around the woman's cancer study. It's more of a modern take on low carb and is only two days a week on. The off days are Mediterranean Diet. Not sure if I'm going to do this or use it to refine my own. I'll let you know after I read it.
Old 07-08-2013, 04:28 PM   #595
Major LCF Poster!

Hey all, you've been busy posting today! @ Jessi, I used to eat shrimp cocktail, just take some sugar free or reduced sugar ketchup (or make your own), mix with horseradish, and you've got your cocktail sauce! I would use the ketchup as my 'veggie' serving usually. Like Terri said stir fry is another good one too! I also bought 100 cal popcorn at Walmart probably, or sams or costco probably has big boxes of it. Watch out though because it burns soooo quickly!! lol. Sounds like you had a great weekend and did really well too!!!

@Terri, thanks for the garbage disposal tip! We have had so many problems with the garbage disposal here in our duplex I definitely think it's worth the investment! Sounds like you didn't do too badly over the weekend either.

I did very well today, cottage cheese for breakfast, chicken and lettuce salad with a bit of balsamic vinagrette, and 2 eggs for dinner. So I'm not 100% on protocol but still eating allowable foods. My stomach is super upset and bloated I think because the salad had mixed peppers on it. IDK, but not gonna weigh tomorrow cuz I definitely feel and look like I'm retaining a ton right now.

My maintenance routine is going to be similar to what I've done before, just take it easy with the alcohol, as I feel like that's my main number one problem. I've been able to eat pizza and pasta and maintian pretty well. So I'll have to restrict it to maybe only one night of drinks a weekend, and one decent cheat meal, just can't have them on the same day. I'm anxious to get back into a good solid low carb WOE again.
Old 07-09-2013, 09:30 AM   #596
Senior LCF Member

I'll try the cocktail sauce, but it seems to me that cold shrimp/crab tastes really fishy, and I hate that taste. I only love crab because it's usually smothered in butter, haha I'll try it with asparagus, that sounds yummy!

Have either of you guys ever used turkey sausage on p2? I'm reeeeeally wanting to make some Zuppa Toscana to eat all this kale I have... mmmm

Terri, sorry the heartburn came back so quickly But good news that there's no hunger on M/E and FF days! (That's 4 days a week, right?! That's awesome!) How many calories do you aim for on those days? I'd love to see your menus once I'm on P3, and it's not torture to read them! Haha

I saw on Weight Loss Apocalypse that it might be better to extend P2, rather than do another round to get to goal. (Reasoning being that nobody EVER has rounds as successful as R1.) So, if I can muster it, I'm thinking of just going until I reach 135, which is still another 17 pounds away. Any thoughts? Have you guys done extended rounds? I think after day 28 I will slowly become more rogue, so I can sustain an extra month... ugh.

Erin, your menu sounds pretty OP to me! I have also been feeling super bloaty EVERY single morning since hcg. I always gauge it by whether I have sausage fingers when I wake up, and I always do... so weird. Keep us posted on menus and losses!

I feel a kind of switch in my mindset this round... so rather than thinking "Oh my gosh, I can't waittt until I can eat pizza", I'm trying to look up recipes for 'dupes' and figure out how I'll be able to eat all my favorite foods for the rest of my life, without eating sugar or white flour. Hopefully this sticks once P3 gets here and I can have cheese and bacon!
Old 07-09-2013, 10:22 AM   #597
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good Morning All!
Well the conclusion is: High Fat M&E is not as effective as Low. Duh I didnít gain, but didnít lose. Today Iím doing a more clean, lower fat version. Tomorrow will be off day, but Iím going to only add low carb additions like nuts, cheese, etc. and then will go back to low fat M&E for Thursday and Friday.

@Erin Sounds like youíre getting your eating right in line. Sorry about the tummy issues. That happens to me if I have too much fiber (artichokes) all at once when I havenít for a while. I think itís wise not to weigh in when you know youíre body is not happy.

@Jessi You are so right about the thought process. I really believe our success is so much more mental then we give it credit for. The only thing Iíll say about my experience with extended rounds is when my weight loss stalled, I received some great advise to alternate my calories 500/1200/500/1200 and that picked up my loses.
Old 07-09-2013, 01:08 PM   #598
Senior LCF Member

Really?! When you did the 1200 calorie days, what foods did you increase? (Protein, or did you add fats to get calories up?) At which VLCD did you stall? Overall, was it worth going the extra days?

I'm getting anxious to add in some p3 foods, but I don't want to slow down my losses...
Old 07-09-2013, 01:23 PM   #599
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsHistory View Post
Really?! When you did the 1200 calorie days, what foods did you increase? P2 Foods, mostly protein, maybe some popcorn. (Protein, or did you add fats to get calories up?) At which VLCD did you stall? I'm not a very patient person I tried to make it at least a three days stall before I'd do it. Once I waited five days and was sorry I didn't just do it. Overall, was it worth going the extra days? Yes, I wished I had not stopped the first time. It's gotten harder each time.
I'm getting anxious to add in some p3 foods, but I don't want to slow down my losses...
Best to stick with P2 foods for the most part. Google the HCG Owl Diet for a bigger selection of P2 foods. I think that is where the popcorn idea came from. I have also used FF to break a stall, but that's really rogue and for me there is no turning back from there.
Old 07-09-2013, 05:03 PM   #600
Major LCF Poster!

Jessi you're doing great! 135 is my goal too, as usual, once I get there I just hope to tone up because 135 for me is just 'skinny fat' but any lower is just too skinny for my body shape. Today: cottage cheese, lunch was chicken and lettuce salad (with a few other veggies thrown in), dinner is rotisserie chicken and some pretzel chips (using the pretzel chips instead of yucky melba). Right now I'm roasting some chicken kabobs and making some green beans (not on plan but only veggie I really want to eat right now) to last me the rest of the week so I have prepared foods ready to grab!

@Terri I'm just like you once I go rogue I can't go back. I think that's where I've been heading this whole time, I figure a piece of cake here and there doesn't hurt, and it doesn't, but I've been getting waaaayyy too liberal. Sorry about the high fat m&e fast, high fat is just too easy to do! ;p

@Jessi I thinkyou're righ ton with your woe being low carb substitutions, I find when I do that I usually don't even miss the carby originals! The George Stella cooks books I have saved my life during my first p3! And I also think you should go until you hit goal. That's my plan, though I'm a bit rogue so it will take longer for me I think! Gr! No matter what I have to break August 4 weekend for a float trip.

I would google OWL also, that's where I first got my rogue ideas. He allows lots of things like SF jam and SF desserts too I think like fudgsicles maybe?

Here's to fitting into my shorts by the end of summer yet!! yay!!