Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-19-2012, 06:50 AM   #31
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: RileyWorm
138.2 - down 1.2. I even had some sweet potato fries at Red Robin. OMG they were so good, I think I am going to buy some frozen ones at the store since I have discovered I can eat them no problems!
Today, I'm going to have Greek Yogurt, and going to pick up a rotisserie chicken at the store. Preparing for more fat fasting this week, so going to get supplies to make more cheesecake, bacon...I already picked up avocadoes on sale the other day.

I just had a HUGE amount of HWC...probably close to 1/2 c!! Kinda feeling guilty about it, but only kinda...not hungry for breakfast now!

WOE: General Low Carb
Goal: 20 lbs to lose
9/14 - 5 lbs down, 15 to go.

Last edited by RileyWorm; 02-19-2012 at 07:46 AM..
RileyWorm is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-19-2012, 03:18 PM   #32
Major LCF Poster!

So far today I had GY with blueberries, coffee with LOTS OF CREAM, and dinner was rotisserie chicken with some sweet potato fries. I also just had a SF mocha with some HWC, for dessert. We shall see what the scale does tomorrow! I was pretty low on cals but high on fat, so hopefully I don't see a bump. If I'm the same, then another regular P3 tomorrow, and then fat fasting on Tuesday thru Friday.
Old 02-20-2012, 10:09 AM   #33
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ellenalesa
Stats: 190?/177/160ish
WOE: Starting HHCG Rogue 7/12/11
Start Date: July 12, 2011
Hi Erin,

Congratulations on your weight loss!

I am loading today. I got on the scale today and it was 187, and I was pretty much on protocol yesterday. I think TOM messed me up. I am rogue, but I was rogue last time and had already lost 7 or 8 pounds by now. So I said WTH and am REALLY enjoying my loading.

I was thinking of making the Stella cheesecake but I just decided to load this morning...by the time I make the thing and let it chill, I won't have enough time to finish it, and I don't want to have it around, tempting me. After I load, I plan to stay on the 800 calorie protocol. We'll see how that does for weight loss....
ellenalesa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 10:30 AM   #34
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning EllenAlesa! The Stella cheesecake is SO good, I stocked up on cream cheese at Costco and am going to make another one, probably tomorrow night. Have fun loading!

I saw a bump up, which I think is just water retention, as I think the loss the day before was from dehydration from alcohol. Doing a protein day today, I might do a regular P3 tomorrow, and start a FF on Wednesday. We shall see.
I am also going to start a treatment for candida, probably next week after I order my supplement. There are several reasons why I think I have a candida problem (skin problems including skin fungus, psoriasis, rashes, and acne, chronic yeast infections, stool problems, etc..), and I also failed the saliva test. So, it's something I am going to give a go and see what improvements it does.
Old 02-21-2012, 04:28 AM   #35
Senior LCF Member

Candida

Good luck! Please let me know how it goes. Back in 1990 I followed a very strict candida diet...no limitation in calories, just in the types of food. I got down to 140 and a size 8, and I'm only 5'3". It was very restrictive, tho.

Do you have to give up fruit?
Old 02-21-2012, 10:41 AM   #36
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellenalesa View Post
Good luck! Please let me know how it goes. Back in 1990 I followed a very strict candida diet...no limitation in calories, just in the types of food. I got down to 140 and a size 8, and I'm only 5'3". It was very restrictive, tho.

Do you have to give up fruit?
I have found a powerful probiotic that supposedly works, without the crazy restriction. I am doing a little more research, but I'm probably going to order it this week. I have read good reviews and medical research that supports it, so I will probably give it a go. I already take probiotics, so not much of a change there anyhow.. I also already restrict carbs/sugars, and this recommends restricting alcohol, which I only have about 2x a month anyway. I just can't give up dairy/cheese, yet, and I don't eat fruit except for blueberries. I just want these pesky infections to go away for good. I am tired of going to the derm/gyno, though the medications work temporarily everything returns as soon as the medications wear off...
Did you find the diet cleared your candida? Did it return after you stopped the diet? The diet will be last resort, but if this regimin doesn't work I am willing to try it.

I have just been jumping around the 138-139 lb. range...today I'm just P3'ing it, maybe starting FF tomorrow if I can get my cheesecake made. At least I am maintaining.
Old 02-22-2012, 06:53 AM   #37
Senior LCF Member

Hi Erin,

Which probiotic? I take florastor (when I remember).

I am assuming the diet cleared the candida. The only symptoms I had were bloating and constipation...I never had yeast infections. When I researched candida and yeast infections, I learned that using a blow dryer after showering can help prevent yeast infections. I have had to take several courses of antibiotics and have NEVER had a yeast infection...and I used to take birth control pills, which were contra-indicated.

Yep, it came back after the diet, but only because left to my own devices, I eat a lot of sweets...even if they are healthy, such as fruits. And I was on the pill until 2008. Doctor told me not to take it, but I was not a candidate for other methods, and I take birth control VERY seriously.

I bet if I did a candida cleanse/diet now, it would be much more effective...but right now I am on Day 1 of VLCD after a 2 day load, so, one thing at a time.
Old 02-22-2012, 10:25 AM   #38
Major LCF Poster!

I have done everything to try to clear up the infections. Nothing works. If I go to the doctor and treat for yeast infections, I get bacterial vaginosis. If I treat the bacterial vaginosis, I get yeast infections. Sometimes I get them both at the same time. I have changed my towels, underwear, laundry detergent, body wash, eliminated taking baths and using bath salts, scented body washes etc...I take two swimsuits with me when I go swimming so I can alternate between a wet one/dry one. I have to buy pH balanced tampons/pads..I've tried the blowdrying thing...it's really been a big circus, with no improvements. This is why I suspect the infection lies deeper and should be treated as an excessive candida infection. I also have fungus on my skin that I have treated with anti-fungal medications, oral and topical, and it keeps recurring (4 years now). I'm not on the pill but was on antibiotics for most of my teen years for acne and strep throat infections. Have had a few rounds of antibiotics since then for various things.
I am considering buying ThreeLac. Currently I just take AccuFlora, just a cheapie I picked up at Walmart. I think it's helping, but the price on the ThreeLac is reasonable so I am going to switch over when I am done with the other I have. I figure it is worth a shot.

Fat fasting today, will be coming in around 1100 cals, about 83-85% from fat...FF'ing through Friday.
Old 02-22-2012, 01:21 PM   #39
Major LCF Poster!

I am still researching my candida treatment options, and I think I am going to look into Candistroy or Candicin supplemented with acidophelus. I also plan to start taking my C.O. again, which I've heard helps as well. The ThreeLac got good reviews, but I found some websites warning of serious side effects some people got after doing the ThreeLac treatments. So we shall see.
Old 02-23-2012, 03:54 AM   #40
Major LCF Poster!

Over 140 this morning. WTH. I know I messed up but good golly one whole pound from a little chocolate?? FFing today, though my protein may be a little high. I'm having 3 eggs fried in butter for breakfast. Lunch will be an avocado, dinner, bacon.
Old 02-23-2012, 10:21 AM   #41
Major LCF Poster!

I don't know how I feel about today. I am fat fasting, but feel as though I messed it up. I had too much protein for breakfast, and just had two pieces of my high fat cheesecake, and 2 little pieces of dark chocolate. I don't know why I had the chocolate!! Grrrrr. Dinner tonight will probably be bacon, maybe some avocadoe thrown in there. I need to start tracking everything again. At this point, I will definitely be doing hcg again starting in the middle of March unless I can get down to at least 135 by then.
Old 02-23-2012, 12:51 PM   #42
Major LCF Poster!

Just feel blaahhhh.....I had to take the sweets and put them far away in the cabinet, hopefully that deters me from eating them. If not, out in the trash they go. I can't see that I did that much damage, as each square is tiny and I didn't have that many, plus it was dark chocolate so less sugar. I am going to take a nap and if I feel up to it later I may do some zumba or other exercise...
Old 02-23-2012, 03:16 PM   #43
Major LCF Poster!

OK, so today I ended with 1221 cals, 80% fat, 9% carbs, 11% protein. I didn't count the chocolate I had, which couldn't have been more than 100 cals (? very small squares of dark chocolate) and I also tasted some coconut bark I made (probably 100 cals worth?) So, not really a FF day, but I'm pleased with my ratios nonetheless. I am starting to get frustrated as I have been off HCG for 3 weeks now and my weight has not budged one bit, just see sawing up and down. I think my problem is that I stopped tracking my foods. I am starting that again TODAY. I was down as low as 137 but I have been unable to lose it again! I guess I am not going to stress about not losing, as long as I am maintaining, but I really didn't want to do another round. I have 3 weeks to lose 5 pounds so that I won't do hcg again...
Old 02-23-2012, 06:21 PM   #44
Major LCF Poster!

I think my weigh-in this morning was faulty, or else my weigh-in this afternoon was, as I was the same exact weight. I always weigh in the evenings before showering because I think it gives me a good indication of how much water I have retained throughout the day. Typically I am 1-2 pounds up. I don't take the 2nd number to heart, but today it has me wondering.
I have ordered a candida treatment regimen, I have high hopes for the elimination process, but have also heard that people lose weight/water weight very easily after eliminating candida. I hope this is true for me. My stomach is often bloated/distended but just thought it was the norm for my body. I am also looking forward to the skin clear up that seems to occur in a lot of people as well. I have always struggled with acne, and in recent years have really struggled with cystic acne, which my derm says are hormonal and typical acne treatments don't really help...fingers crossed the candida treatment works.
Old 02-24-2012, 12:47 PM   #45
Major LCF Poster!

Same weight today which is fine. Eating a normal P3 today - PB, SF cheesecake for B, L was avocadoe and salami, dinner will be southwest taco soup. With a few pieces of coconut bark along the way. I may FF again next week, and I'm not going to make cheesecake, I can't control my eating of it!
Old 02-26-2012, 07:13 AM   #46
Major LCF Poster!

142 today. I knew I would be up because I ate a lot yesterday, mostly all P3 food, but I also had a chocolate bar, and BBQ sauce that was sugary, and then I had 4 beers. Eating clean today, and I think I'll do a FF on Monday.
Old 02-26-2012, 05:23 PM   #47
Major LCF Poster!

I had some taco doritoes today in a moment of weakness. Dinner was bbq wings and a salad - I know the sauces had sugar, but praying that I drop some water weight tomorrow anyhow. Other than that, I had coffee/cream, cheesecake, GY w berries, and some salami with cheese. These 5 pounds that have crept up since V-Day are noticeable - I'm ready to do some serious FF this week. Tomorrow though, I think will be a GY day.
Old 02-27-2012, 03:42 AM   #48
Major LCF Poster!

Down today - hoping my GY gets me down from this bump back to 140. Then some FF to get me back down to my lowest 2 weeks ago before VDay....137.8...
Old 02-28-2012, 04:45 AM   #49
Senior LCF Member

Hi Erin,

Just poking in my head to say hello. I am back on Low Carb, feeling much happier.

I was talking to a friend yesterday and it dawned on me that perhaps I couldn't get past a certain point with LC is because I used SO MUCH fat. I am considering cutting back on the fat...moderately.

Also trying to be more mindful of portion size.

So, even tho I didn't get the results I was looking for from hhcg (MY issue, not hhcg problem), I think I learned some things...so it was not a total failure!

I will eventually make that cheesecake...it sounds awesome.
Old 02-28-2012, 10:29 AM   #50
Major LCF Poster!

Hi Ellen! Low carb is where it's at, for me right now at least. I can't bear the thought of going back to hcg and living without my high fat GY. I may try again rogue-Atkins style again, but too much going on for me to stress about super strict dieting.
-
My fat is high, but I think the problem was the high calories that went along with it, and large portion sizes (uncontrollable cheesecake eating )...I did well on the FF, my problem now is staying away from little munchies, like chocolate here and there, and beer...I am up again today, but I am retaining serious water and have been running to the bathroom every 30 minutes or so...not sure what the issue is there.
The cheesecake is so worth it, but I think it did me in - too much of it everyday!
Hopefully I will get back to FF by tomorrow so drop a pound or two to put me back under 140...though I suspect I will be that tomorrow anyway with this water loss I'm expecting.
Old 02-29-2012, 10:29 AM   #51
Major LCF Poster!

I don't remember what I was yesterday, but I think I am the same....protein day today, let's hope I drop some water weight. I have been a little too liberal with chocolate squares and sauces with sugar in them. Probably another protein day tomorrow...We shall see. Definitely retaining water weight as my tummy is seriously pooching out...
Old 03-01-2012, 02:36 PM   #52
Major LCF Poster!

I was down today, but I KNOW I will be back up tomorrow - potluck day at work today and I ate lots of chocolate chip cookie dough dip, half of a cinnamon roll, some cowboy beans...I think that's it...Nothing else to eat today, I may nibble on something later but right now I am so disappointed in myself. Took the dog for a nice brisk walk so I feel better about that, and will do my other exercise shortly. Staying off the scale for a few days. At this point I will definitely be doing another round after March 17...
Old 03-02-2012, 04:24 PM   #53
Major LCF Poster!

I couldn't resist the scale this morning - Only up .8 this morning, which is a relief considering all the sweets I had yesterday. Today I had eggs scrambled with peppers/cheese, PB, rotisserie chicken, some cole slaw, and some fried green beans. 2 squares of dark chocolate. A good day foodwise, but I am sure bloaty today, I think because of yesterday's sugar intake. I also got my Candistroy today, I am starting that Monday.
Tonight, I think I'm going to make some coffee with some HWC and curl up with my Nook - I started the Hunger Games last night
Old 03-03-2012, 02:34 PM   #54
Senior LCF Member

Hi Erin,

I have also been a bit off program. Yesterday was Mom's birthday so I made a delicious chicken pot pie and ate more than I needed to because it tasted so good.

Today my dear friend took me out to celebrate my Callanetics certification, and I indulged in heavenly French Toast and bacon. I also had a few figs for good measure.

I think we will finish the pot pie tonite and I am going to make a serious effort to stay on track for awhile!

I may make some chocolate bark to keep myself on track....
Old 03-03-2012, 02:36 PM   #55
Major LCF Poster!

I would definitely go off plan for chicken pot pie! There is no good low carb substitution for that, in my book! This whole weekend is basically going to be a wash, but I've got it in my head to do a perfect FF on Monday so I'm feeling good.
Old 03-04-2012, 09:11 AM   #56
Major LCF Poster!

UP UP UP today - boooo!!! 144. I just keep gaining and gaining! BUT, yesterday I had: chocolate chip cookies, Doritoes, meatballs, chocolate cake, jello cake, cheesecake...we were at a potlock party last night. Plus a bottle of wine. UGH! Today will be a protein day, with the exception being the crockpot fried chicken I am making - the flour seasoning has 8 carbs per 4tbsp so I am not TOO worried. I am thinking about starting hcg tomorrow, just doing it low cal-Atkins style. Then doing a mini-interruption over March 17 weekend... I think I've just made up my mind. So to hell with it, today is a load day!
Old 03-04-2012, 03:24 PM   #57
Major LCF Poster!

My plan for tomorrow:
B- coffee/cream -104
2 HB eggs - 155
L - GY with berries - 332
D- Rotisserie chicken (Lose It gives me 71 cals for 1/2 a chicken breast, I'm going with it)
1/2 avocado - 114
Total: 775 - 63% fat, 14% carbs, 23% protein.

Last edited by RileyWorm; 03-04-2012 at 03:58 PM..
Old 03-06-2012, 10:32 AM   #58
Major LCF Poster!

Same plan today as yesterday.
ALthough yesterday I only had one HB egg, I added a drizzle of Ranch dressing to my chicken, and I had a slice of cheese....SO, I was probably over by 100 cals.
This morning's weight: 143.2
Old 03-06-2012, 01:52 PM   #59
Major LCF Poster!

today:
coffee/cream, 2 HB eggs = (104+155)
GY w 1/2 cup berries = 332
D-GY w 1/2 cup berries = 332
Total = 923

Over my limit of 800 but can't see much damage happening. I still had a good, clean food day.
Old 03-06-2012, 06:23 PM   #60
Major LCF Poster!

Eating a 100 cal bag of popcorn. Shame on me! We shall see what happens tomorrow.