Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-15-2013, 07:32 PM   #541
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: RileyWorm
bonsai trip! what?! i must know. i missed that somewhere. terri, are you going on a bonsai trip? ETA: nevermind I see it now. please tell us more, that sounds super cool!
OT sounds like so much fun! those numbers for grad school can sound very daunting but you never know! so many of the programs here are like that that i wanted to do and i didn't even have the guts to apply for fear of rejection so i got an all-around mba instead. i say, go for it!! yay! it's exciting you found something you want to do!
a walk out lot means a lot that slopes in the back so i can have a walk out basement. which i don't think it is a walk out lot. funny that i don't even know. i really hate having to buy a car at the same time as planning to build a house but my car situation couldn't be put off any longer. so its very exciting but very daunting as well.
i think i may have been too rogue today, i was good aaaalllll day and then my mom asked me to pick up mexican on the way home from work. the guacamole is to die for so i ate a ton. no self control when it comes to guac. lol.
@terri, body flex sounds very interesting! i have got to get back into a regimin again. maybe i'll start up my callanetics again. i think the 5:2 diet sounds very reasonable! let me know if you start it how it works for you. i'm always interested in new variations of locarb/clean eating. i think that rotation style diets are really the best.
well ladies, happy 'dieting' tomorrow! i have to take a much needed trip to the groc store.

WOE: General Low Carb
Goal: 20 lbs to lose
9/14 - 5 lbs down, 15 to go.

Last edited by RileyWorm; 05-15-2013 at 07:35 PM..
RileyWorm is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-15-2013, 09:09 PM   #542
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: TerriMM
Stats: 144/142.8/130
WOE: IE/M&E
Bonsai trip is just my goofy way of saying we jumped in the car without much planning or prep and went for it. I don’t know where I got the term from, just what I’ve always called it.

Nice job Ms., are you just cutting out the crap? I’d gladly give up pizza bread for a couple bloody marys. Five layer chocolate dessert might be another story. Occupational Therapy sounds like a really great option. If you really want it, forget plan B, go for it. Do whatever it takes to be one of the 35.

So here is my plan so far:
1. Monday, Tuesday, Thursday & Friday – Very low carb, M&E or FF depending on my mood.
2. Wednesday, Saturday & Sunday – Low carbish, occasional treats allowed but keep it sane. This part is subject to change, modification and/or trimming depending on how things go.
3. Monday-Friday mornings – Body Flex
4. Three to Four evenings per week, 15 to 30 minutes of lift-squats focusing on heaviest weights possible and slowing it down.
5. Power walk at work whenever possible.
6. Weigh and measure once a week on Saturdays.
Old 05-16-2013, 05:36 PM   #543
Major LCF Poster!

Sounds like a great plan! I've resigned myself to slow(er) losses, which is fine. At least I'm losing. I'm up a tad but I think cuz I started my workouts again.
I am having cravings for pasta. Haven't had a good dish of pasta in FOREVER.
LOL @ Bonsai trip, I thought it was some sort of special attraction you went to go see!
Skipped grocery store today, my debit card didn't work at the gas station today, didn't have time to call the bank, and would have hated to have a cartload of groceries with no money (has happened before and had to run all the way home for my checkbook and they wheeled my cart into the refrigerator, lol!)
Next week I start carpooling to work with a friend, I cannot wait, even though my new car has been topping out at around 30-31mpg. Lovin it!
Old 05-18-2013, 08:13 PM   #544
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

The PERFECT low carb Margarita

I'm not sure if I'm happy or scared that I discovered this

2 oz each fresh squeezed lime & lemon
1/4 t orange extract
10 drops EZ sweets
6 oz Tequila
4 cups ice

Throw it all in a blender and enjoy about four decent Margaritas.

Not good imitations, roll your head back Margaritas!
TerriMM is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 04:44 PM   #545
Major LCF Poster!

uh oh look out!! sounds awesome!!!

my weekend was complete and utter crud. i am not even weighing myself until friday. my stomach is so bloated today. yesterday consisted of way too much beer and pizza - it's one thing if i cheat, but i cannot cheat AND drink. one or the other and i skate through without too much damage. i won't be at goal by memorial day so my new dream is by july 4. then i won't have wasted too much of the summer being at this weight.
Old 05-21-2013, 09:06 AM   #546
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Ditto! Margaritas, LC or not, are not my friend I think I'll start a fat fast tomorrow. My weigh in is Saturday too. At least I've kept up with my workouts.

How’s the car?
Old 05-21-2013, 04:52 PM   #547
Major LCF Poster!

i braved the scale this morning, the damage wasn't too bad. it sets me back a bit but wow it could have been a lot worse, considering i had pizza, mexican, AND frozen custard and beer AND wine. only a 2# bump. ate clean today. but still super bloated. like extremely.

the car is great. i love it. it gets such good gas mileage! at least compared to my old car.

have fun ff-ing. it has been a while since i've done one so maybe i'll attempt one next week sometime.
Old 05-24-2013, 08:14 PM   #548
Major LCF Poster!

i will probably be close to my lowest weight that i hit last friday tomorrow. feeling okay about it. fingers crossed i do NOT do this weekend what i did last weekend. i think i will have more willpower. i'm doing well just eating super small meals, not really counting calories or carbs. i did have 2 small pieces of pizza last night and i saw a drop this morning. now the trick is to not overindulge on that front! :/ planning on getting some sun this weekend so at least if i'm not going to be at my goal weight i can at least get a good tan. ha. no major plans for us this weekend, we are trying to kinda lay low and save some $. sunday will probably involves some beers somewhere so this time i am going to bring lc snacks so i'm not stuck without any other options but pizza from the bar!
oh and i made a major mistake today, lol - i was early at our meeting spot to meet my carpooling buddy, and i decided to go to the coffeeshop in the shopping plaza oh my word i think it was better than starbucks! and way cheaper too, and now i am craving another coffee from there. definitely NOT diet friendly because those flavored syrups are loaded with sugar but it was soooo good. MUST resist in the future haha!

hope you have a wonderful weekend!
Old 05-25-2013, 02:15 PM   #549
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I tell you Erin the weekends are just killer for me too. Are you still taking RK?

So here are the results of my experiment:
Mon, Tues, Thurs, Fri -M&E or FF
Wed, Sat, Sun Normal eating with some carbs and alcohol allowed.
Six days wk - Body Flex
Three-Fours day wk - 15 min lift squat routine
Whenever possible power walk

I started Tues 5-14-13 at 139.3 weighed in today at 137. So down 2.3# and 3.75 inches.

I very pleased and will continue next week. Because of the Holiday, I’ll probably do Mon off, Tues, Wed, Thurs, Friday on and Saturday Sunday off. Since I did FF Wed & Thurs this week I probably should do M&E next week but we’ll see. DH is going to be out of town so it’ll be much easier to eat chick food and that usually means more FF and since it ended the week for me so well it’s calling me. Maybe if I change up my food options it’ll still work okay.
Old 05-25-2013, 07:46 PM   #550
Major LCF Poster!

no RK but I think I am going to start taking them again. I really thought they worked, but they really did give me energy and zero hunger almost to the point of shakiness so I didn't want to start the HCG and feel blah from not eating, AND take RK and feel shaky from that YKWIM? But I've been feeling good so I will probably start RK because I did think those helped!
Ate at our favorite Mexican place again today. Only meal I ate all day so as long as I maintained I'll be happy.
I like that plan of yours. Amazing loss!! That is like my normal eating plan for maintenance grr! haha. I gotta get some workouts in again, I love your motivation. Enjoy your week without hubby. Perfect time for some FF, I agree 100%!! I do the same when my BF is gone lol.
ETA We are going camping in 2 weeks. Hoping I can get 8# down by then, I would be happy with that. Doable as long as I keep on track the rest of this weekend!!!

Last edited by RileyWorm; 05-25-2013 at 07:48 PM..
Old 06-02-2013, 10:41 AM   #551
Major LCF Poster!

for once i did not go crazy over the weekend and i only have a one pound bump which is amazing, for me!! i'm definitely pleased. now if I can drop a good 5 pounds by Friday, I will be at my weight when I ended last summer....Which is a good 10 pounds from where i want to be, but it's progress.
Old 06-03-2013, 09:37 AM   #552
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

You’re doing Great Erin! Good luck on the 5#. Just turn on your focus and you can do it!

This week wasn't as successful. First of all I started after a three day weekend. Then I had a big chocolate chip cookie Thursday, still qualified as a FF day with 82% fat and 1334 calories, but nobody can really believe that was okay. Then Friday I had a chocolate milk shake for lunch. So it was no surprise I was up 1.8# Saturday. But I also spent many hours working in the sun in the garden during the week and took some Advil. All of which makes me retain water like crazy. So add that to fact that I'm still down .5# since I started and I've had the above indulgences as well as pasta, wine, sandwiches, etc on off days and I'm pretty happy about this so far. This week I'm sticking to low carb on DDs (today was M&E since I have so much left over meat in the fridge, probably the same tomorrow) and getting back to my regular exercise program instead of just gardening.

Did you find that RK gave you heartburn? I tried it again Saturday and noticed it again.
Old 06-03-2013, 06:21 PM   #553
Major LCF Poster!

RK didn't give me heartburn, but man did it give me energy, and zero hunger! I haven't started it again only cuz I'm bad about getting into a routine with supplements, but I need to start again.
You look at it the same way I do, I'm losing slow, but at least I get to enjoy myself!!

I am so so so super bloated today, due to the fact I didn't go to the bathroom today (TMI sorry) but man is my stomach distended. I'm doing a body wrap right now, so maybe after tomorrow I'll be feeling like myself again.

Getting ready for a camping trip this weekend and I am NOT happy with putting on a swimsuit. I am so angry at myself cuz last summer I was at such a good weight, and this summer, not so much. GRrrrrrr.
Old 06-03-2013, 07:44 PM   #554
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I've always wanted to try those body wraps. Have you done it before?

I'm looking at those all in one body slimmers and arm slimmers to use at home when I work out. They are supposed to reduce the water weight as well. Have you ever tried those?

Yeah being skinny is great, really great. But you can't give up living for it.
Old 06-04-2013, 06:24 PM   #555
Major LCF Poster!

Yes I bought a bunch of wraps from It Works when I was a 'preferred' customer or whatever, I do think they help but you have to do more than one and they are still by no means a 'miracle'. Last summer I did about 3 wraps. There are pics on one of these pages somewhere, I posted my before and afters. I will wrap again on Thursday probably. The gel works pretty good too, really. I had a lower body slimmer thing, haven't tried it because I am not entirely sure how sanitary I can keep it, like I don't want to wear undies, kwim? But then don't want to wear it everyday dirty! haha! So i haven't gotten it out of the box yet. I think it's the same affect as like those sweat suits that people did years ago.

I just wish I had caught the slight bumps everytime I had one, cuz before I knew it, I was up 10 pounds in about 2 months, just from weekends and then during the week not doing anything to correct it. I hope to be more diligent in the future, I agree about enjoying myself but definitely did it waaayyyy too much. Ha!

In other news, I am FINALLY going to get my house plans drawn tomorrow night!! I'm so excited, it's finally all happening!

Last edited by RileyWorm; 06-04-2013 at 06:25 PM..
Old 06-04-2013, 09:41 PM   #556
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Me too, I'm about where I started. I kept thinking I'd just do another round. Now I can't even do a week. I'm hoping this alternating plan will at least see some consistent progress. Its funny how my goals have gone from lose 15 in a month to if I could just lose 5 I'd be elated.

So how long do the wrap effects last? I know what you mean about keeping the slimmer thing clean. All the reviews keep talking about how much you sweat. I was originally looking at a waist belt and arm bands and then I saw the capri thing and I was thinking perfect all in one. But I don't know if I'd really use it. I'd certainly feel like a alien all dressed up in rubber

for the house. You may just be spending the holidays in a new abode.
Old 06-05-2013, 07:40 PM   #557
Major LCF Poster!

ugh I hear ya I thought for sure I'd be at goal or very close to it. But I can't complain because I haven't been very consistent, well unless you call cheating every weekend consistent haha. And you are right I'd be happy with 5! Which was my goal to lose by Friday morning, so unless I lose 2 tonight (possible...not likely) and 2 the next night (...possible, not likely....) I won't be where I want to be.

I should very likely be in the house by Christmas! I'm sooo excited! But already wary about the decisions I have to make now. I have to have 3 solid days of going to all 3 hardware stores here because I am going to nickel and dime all of my options ie cabinets floors vanities lighting etc. HAha I will be a huge pain in the rump to all involved but I am going to make sure I get the best prices I can.

Ready for my camping trip this weekend, ready for some fun in the sun and drinks of course too! Any exciting plans for you all?
Old 06-05-2013, 09:51 PM   #558
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I have nothing but fond memories of nickel and diming my house together. I had a Godiva Chocolate bag with wood, carpet, leather, etc. samples that went everywhere with me. I miss it to this day.

Next Tuesday is my birthday. Since DH will be traveling, we're going to celebrate this weekend. I opted to shop for stuff rather than go away for the weekend since we were just at the coast a couple weeks ago. We'll leave early, possible still take a nice drive because the shopping around here sucks then have lunch at Red Lobster or somewhere decadent and then DH is going to bar-b-cue. Perhaps some of those low carb Margaritas will go nice.

I already started since one of the places I wanted to go was far away from everything else and opened late I went today at lunch. Wilson's Leather Outlet. I got a beautiful black purse for everyday - Retail $220 and a small brown and black over the shoulder bag for our weekend get aways - Retail $60, both for $82 including tax.

I hope you have a great time camping! Where are you going? Tent, trailer, cabin?
Old 06-11-2013, 05:00 AM   #559
Major LCF Poster!

Back from the trip! We tent it. It was soo much fun, and the water weight proves it! ha! We really had some delicious food, broccoli cheese rice stuffed rotisserie chickens, pork loins stuffed with cream cheese/jalapeno, spinach/artichoke, and dirty rice/sausage, wrapped in bacon, hot ham and cheese sandwiches....plus lots of fun in the water.

Now motivated more than ever to lose! The pics I have are definitely not very flattering. I am continuing my rogue hcg, and I started Jillian MIchael's 30 day shred yesterday.

So how was the weekend? What other stuff did you buy!! You got a great deal on the purses, I think that the price of real leather is worth it because it will last forever! And on sale even better!!
Old 06-11-2013, 05:25 AM   #560
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Welcome back Erin! Sounds like a great time!! I love making delicacies when we camp.

I picked up some jeans and shirts for work. Not a lot since I hope to be back down to my smaller size before long. Too many excesses and I'm up 5# Today the girls are taking me out for lunch, tomorrow I start a round. I'm trying the HCG1234, Relacore and back on the RK. Going to be very rogue, watching calories only.
Old 06-17-2013, 05:37 PM   #561
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: MsHistory
Stats: 163/148/125-130?
WOE: Hhcg
Start Date: February 2011
Oh my gosh, camping sounds soooo fun! How many days do you guys usually go for? And do you always tent it up? (IMO, the only thing that really counts as 'camping'.. haha). How are things moving along on the house? I actually love home improvement stores, so I'm a little jealous that you get to go price shopping! I think you can find good deals online too... I'm sure that's very helpful, haha! : )

So my amazing wonderful FIANCEEEEE (whoop whoop! ; ) is out of town for about 2-3 weeks( ), so I'm thinking this is a good time to finally commit to hcg! I broke out the P2 binder, and I'm going to do 2 days of FF (hopefully) and start VLCD on Thursday. FINALLY!

The RK's sound great, I love anything that give me energy and takes away appetite! Would you two recommend it? I also have some Phentermine, but since it's prescription (not mine), it makes me nervous to take it... And I also have those Complete Nutrition supplements that were basically caffeine pills, so I guess I could try them too. Gosh, I sound like a pharmaceutical wacko, haha : )

@Terri - Hope you had a happy birthday!!

I'll re-read thoroughly, but remind me a couple things:
What is the minimum number of VLCD's before a break?
What is the target calorie intake and percentages during FF?

I'm off to look at recipes; let me know if you guys have any FF favorites! : )
MsHistory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 07:57 PM   #562
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsHistory View Post
Oh my gosh, camping sounds soooo fun! How many days do you guys usually go for? And do you always tent it up? (IMO, the only thing that really counts as 'camping'.. haha). How are things moving along on the house? I actually love home improvement stores, so I'm a little jealous that you get to go price shopping! I think you can find good deals online too... I'm sure that's very helpful, haha! : )

So my amazing wonderful FIANCEEEEE (whoop whoop! ; ) is out of town for about 2-3 weeks( ), so I'm thinking this is a good time to finally commit to hcg! I broke out the P2 binder, and I'm going to do 2 days of FF (hopefully) and start VLCD on Thursday. FINALLY!

The RK's sound great, I love anything that give me energy and takes away appetite! Would you two recommend it? I also have some Phentermine, but since it's prescription (not mine), it makes me nervous to take it... And I also have those Complete Nutrition supplements that were basically caffeine pills, so I guess I could try them too. Gosh, I sound like a pharmaceutical wacko, haha : )

@Terri - Hope you had a happy birthday!!

I'll re-read thoroughly, but remind me a couple things:
What is the minimum number of VLCD's before a break?
What is the target calorie intake and percentages during FF?

I'm off to look at recipes; let me know if you guys have any FF favorites! : )
Hey Ms. H,
Thanks for the well wishes, I had a lovely birthday.

I think a two day FF is an excellent way to load; I wouldn't worry about restricting calories to 1000 though. I bet you'll still lose a bunch.

Minimum VLCD are 23. Two load days, 21 VLCD, 2-3 VLCD without HCG
FF = 1000 calories, 80-90% fat

Hey Erin! How'd the wraps work out?

So here's my crazy world:
I started the HCG1234, relacore & RK - won some, lost some and basically couldn't find my MoJo. Yesterday, along with everything else I started FF. Today I re-started Body Flex and power walking.
Old 06-18-2013, 07:49 AM   #563
Senior LCF Member

Thanks for the quick refresher, Terri! : ) What is the hcg1234? Is that just a different brand of drops? I tried to look it up, but couldn't find any difference?

I'm going to try to replicate my first round of hcg, and I just looked and noticed that my day 2 loss was 3.5 pounds! Then 2, then 2.5, and it ultimately took me 12 days to break into the 140's. That is SOOOO encouraging! I hope this round goes as smoothly!

For FF today, I have a bunch of homemade tartar sauce in the fridge (yum!) that I might try to incorporate. Maybe rolled up in turkey slices? Idk... back to eating like a weirdo, haha!
Old 06-18-2013, 09:19 AM   #564
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Carrie told me about HCG1234. It doesn’t have actual HCG in it, but Amino Acids that mimic the HCG effect. The thought being maybe it wouldn’t have the ill effect of making you gain if you weren’t completely perfect. I’ve been doing it for about a week. Didn’t get anywhere, but only did rogue protocol for two days and then DH+Weekend+Alcohol…………….. But I didn’t gain. Been on FF for two days 1700, 1300 calories and I’m down 2#. Only time will tell how I continue to lose. Here’s the link to Carrie’s thread.

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/hc...ound-date.html
Old 06-18-2013, 09:49 AM   #565
Senior LCF Member

I'm interested to see how it works out for you! Are you also doing to psyllium husk powder? Hcg, plus RK, plus psyllium, plus relacore is just too many variables for me to try to keep track of, but it seems to be working?! Maybe it's worth looking into if hcg alone doesn't keep me happy! : )
Old 06-18-2013, 10:01 AM   #566
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

No psyllium husk powder. I tried it in a smoothie and can't say I was impressed. I thought about trying the capsules, but never got around to it I did try the relacore, it’s a bit pricey at $26 for 24 days worth. I don't know as it's doing much for me or not. I'm starting to cut back the dose to see if I see any difference. The RK I was doing before and although it wasn't a wonder drug by any means, it did seem to make everything a little more successful. I started getting heartburn from it though so I had to cut back to half dose. Oh well lasts twice as long It’s funny how different things work for different people.
Old 06-18-2013, 05:18 PM   #567
Major LCF Poster!

HI ladies!! I was wondering when you were going to pop in Jessi! Congrats on the ENGAGEMENT!!! SO exciting! Good luck on the hcg! Hopefully you have better success than I"ve had.

I have been doing Jillian Michael's all week, so I'm not down at all. And then I've got TOM which is strange cuz I don't have those, at all (due to BC) so I'm not sure what's going on. I'm assuming the hcg is messing with my system. And I've been so hungry after the workouts it's hard to stick to any sort of rogue protocol I've made for myself. Basically just trying to keep portions small, but always try to follow up my workouts with a protein or snack of some sort. Loving the workouts though, quick, and they feel effective.

Terri here's hoping you find your mojo soon! I find it and then lose it every 24 hours lol. I think I need to try to do a stricter protocol but I've not been grocery shopping so I've been trying to make do with what I have on hand here.

The house is coming along as much as it can be, the drafter is done with the preliminary plans and I close on my 2nd lot on Friday morning. I've got some more shopping around to do and then the pricing wars begin. YAY! haha.

So what else is new with everyone?! Jessi, how's the wedding plans going?? I've been noticing lots of pinteresting, haha!
Old 06-18-2013, 09:57 PM   #568
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hey Erin,
Plenty of room here on the FF bench Day three down, so far so good.

Congrads Jessi! I didn't catch the "engagement" reference. I thought you were just glad to have the house to yourself for a few weeks.
Old 06-19-2013, 07:53 AM   #569
Senior LCF Member

Hahahahaha, Terri, I thought it might have come across that way! Haha, oops! : ) And pinteresting is really as far as the planning is going... We're thinking maybe next year or the year after. I'm just excited, as you can tell by my Pinterest board

So FF yesterday was a total bust... I am ashamed!
2000 calories
120 Fat
177 Carbs
60 Protein

I guess I can consider that a good load day though? Yikes!

The anticipation of seeing the scale drop each morning has me SUPER excited! I'm thinking I will be starting VLCD1 at 164. (Which, if you'll notice my stats, is right where I started, ugh! When will I learn!?)

Erin, how long are the Jillian M videos? I've actually heard really good things about them! Keep us posted whether you notice any difference in inches... are you still dosing? And I know you're rogue, but what are you aiming for as far as calories?

2nd lot?? You're going to have 2 of them!? That's so exciting! Are you going to have a huge yard, or just keep the lot empty? Gosh I'm so excited for you right now! Do you have a picture of the plans you ended up choosing?

Erin, I am so in your boat with having to eat what I have on hand before I can go grocery shopping... I get it from my mother, and I swear that not being able to waste food is part of my problem!!!
Old 06-20-2013, 06:53 PM   #570
Senior LCF Member

Loading day 2, I didn't eat nearly enough food... total fluke. But still haven't had any hunger today, woohoo! I had to force down dinner, but I think that's just because I was already so bored with it. (I ate the same thing for lunch.. time to go grocery shopping!)

Going camping tomorrow, so I'm trying to figure out what I can take that will be easy... maybe I should just cook tomorrow and then warm it up in the dutch oven? idk... any ideas??