Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-16-2013, 06:30 PM   #511
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: RileyWorm
My resolve wavers every day. And everday I think about being lazy and not working out. Tonight I powered through, and it felt awesome - I upped my weights, I flew through my pushups and lunges - things are getting easier so I know that even though I'm not seeing dramatic losses on the scale, I'm definitely doing 'something' right.
Those brazil nuts were probably just enough for you to keep your sanity. I say good decision not working out only cuz any water rentention from the exercise would have really made your mind go crazy. It IS 90% mentality, really I think. So anyway WHOO HOO on the .9!!!
How often do you take your RK? Every time I pick up a bottle it says to take two before each meal and not to exceed 6 per day. And I was at Target so cutesy Targety crap I don't need beat the RK into my shopping cart.
Oh, and interesting find at Costco today - my store finally started carrying Kerrygold butter. And let me tell you, unless it really has gold in it, I'm not paying almost $7 for less than a pound of butter. YIKES! I got 4 # of the regular butter for the same price. lol. I did find individual cups of hummus that I'm really excited about, and some energy bars in the baked goods that are super delicious.

WOE: General Low Carb
Goal: 20 lbs to lose
9/14 - 5 lbs down, 15 to go.
RileyWorm is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-16-2013, 09:09 PM   #512
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: TerriMM
Stats: 147/143/128
WOE: LC
Holy Cow! $7 at pound AT COSTCO for goodness sake?

What I was told about the RK is:
#1 get pure RK with nothing added
#2 get 500 mg
#3 take one twice a day

Now, that being said, the first bottle I got has Green Tea and doesn't say how much actual RK it has in it. It was too much caffeine for me, so I bought the other and I take the one with Green tea in the morning and the pure one in the afternoon, so I'm about to run out of the first bottle so we'll see if it makes a difference.

You should be so proud of yourself for keeping up the exercise! I'm really looking forward to getting back to lifting. I'm still a little tweaky so not ready for the head trip just yet. Maybe start this weekend.
Old 04-18-2013, 03:07 PM   #513
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: MsHistory
Stats: 163/148/125-130?
WOE: Hhcg
Start Date: February 2011
Sorry I'm still MIA, but wanted to tell you that the egg/meat fast worked! My appetite vanished and I at least stopped gaining... So thank you!!! Still not sure about an hcg date, it just seems impossible right now!

I can't believe you get to build a house, Erin!!!!!! I am sooooo excited for you!!! I have been looking at your house plans on Pinterest... I can't wait to see what you end up doing!!!

Still eating like crap and gaining, no surprise... I'm now up to like 163 : (. But I know it's my own fault!

So last week I played catcher at our softball game and my thigh muscles were soooo sore. Then that weekend I was at a wedding in heels for two nights in a row and by Monday morning it felt like my thighs were ripping off any time I stretched them. Last night (a week after the SB game) I hit the ball and when I ran to first, both thighs felt like they literally ripping in half, and I had to stop... Any idea what I did or how to treat it? The pain last night was unbearable, and I've never had anything like it happen before?!
MsHistory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 05:51 PM   #514
Major LCF Poster!

I'm not sure but the best thing for muscle recovery I have heard is BCAA's and make sure your muscles are restoring their glycogen stores, ie eat carbs. And epsom salt soaks in the tub (just be sure not to stay in too long and get dehydrated!) My cousin takes bcaa's during and after every workout. You can buy some that is like fruity and you mix with water. I bet they are sore after all of that! I hope you didn't do any other damage and they are just sore. Definitely take it easy though until the pain lets up! I would say that the catching at softball played a HUGE part in it, I would barely be able to walk after that.

Thanks for the info Terri, I may just have to order some/pick some RK up soon now that I know more about it. Are you still hcging? I sure wish I felt better about keeping up with the lifting but the scale has not budged one bit.

@Jessi are you tired of all my pinning yet?! Lol Last night I told my mom that all of my followers are going to hate me. hah! I will definitely be posting pics on FB. I have the plans narrowed down to around 6 of them but it all depends on my budget, how big the house has to be cuz certain lots have to have certain size houses, AND one that will fit in the lot. It's hard! First world problems, right?

So any exciting plans for the weekend, you two? We get to go buy a lawnmower, yay! (not) Our mower got caught up on a sewer cover thing that was in teh yard and it bit the dust.
Old 04-18-2013, 06:20 PM   #515
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Well you knew it would happen. Today started FF, still doing pellets and feel great today! Makes me wonder why I ever did the VLC. This is so much easier. I did my power walk today and totally feel like lifting. I just may do some tonight.

Sorry about the sore muscles Ms. My go to is potassium. I just keep a cheap bottle from the grocery store in the cupboard all the time for that purpose.
TerriMM is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 03:21 PM   #516
Major LCF Poster!

Fat is where it's at. Hopefully your will power was much stronger than mine was this weekend. I'm not going to go into too many details but let's just say that dinner out last night involved a dessert called a cookie monster.
I'm taking a week from lifting and exercise to let my muscles heal and hopefully drop some water weight. I'm also going super low carb during the week. I just need to for a mental refuel.
Oh, and I got my RK today. I've read really mixed reviews on them but I figure what's the harm.
Old 04-22-2013, 09:12 AM   #517
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I donít find RK to be anything magic, but I really believe is softens the rough edges. And I canít help but believe it also adds some of the nutrients you miss out on with low carb.

I stopped pellets Friday, had some great loses over the weekend. Got off track and bounced back. Today I'm back with my nose to the grind stone doing FF. I am off pellets and so far so good with hunger. We'll see what the scale says in a couple days.

I havenít lifted since my big gain that I lost the next day. Iíll probably wait to see some of my losses return to start again. But Iím starting to work out in the yard and Iíll try to keep the power walking going.

Have a great week!
Old 05-02-2013, 07:29 PM   #518
Major LCF Poster!

Howdy, I'm still here. I've dropped the workouts, dropped the carbs, and have now lost 4#+. (Oh and added RK) so I'm not sure to what I owe the success but whatever it is, it's working.! I just cannot mentally handle the gains from workouts. I'm starting a one week juice fast on Saturday. Since I have been feeling so much better lately ie blood sugar more steady - I hope that juice fasting doesn't affect that and I can handle it. I bought all the stuff today, one weeks worth of stuff for $40! Wow amazing how cheap veggies are and when you don't buy dairy or meat it is even cheaper! lol. I figure I'll give it a week to detox and if it works out I'll do another week. I think I'm going to incorporate one protein shake made with almond milk and I may add almond butter too once a day still since I tend to feel yucky if I don't get enough protein. I also plan to keep my supplements because I skipped them for two days this week and felt awful low blood sugar symptoms. Next day added back my supplements and i felt fine. Strange.
It's really fascinating to read about juicing and I watched the documentary called Fat Sick and Nearly Dead. I would love it if it helps clear my skin as I have had super sensitive skin lately, breaking out in rashes and bumps and even a painful prickly itchy rash on my thumb the past few days. Besides the breakouts on my face too as I haven't broken out this bad in over 2 months.
Old 05-04-2013, 10:43 AM   #519
Major LCF Poster!

Day 1 of juicing. I did not get any sleep last night, so I woke up grumpy, hungry and headachey and wanted to put it off one more day but got up and started anyway. This way I can be done by Friday and by Saturday I can start incorporating solid foods. My plan right now is to go get some vegetable broth to have on hand, though it's not 100% kosher to juicing I feel as though I may need the sodium.
I plan to add in salads and other veggies on Saturday, Sunday probably the same, and by next Monday add in proteins.
Old 05-04-2013, 08:17 PM   #520
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hey Erin Welcome back. Sounds like you're doing great! It's so funny, so many changes it seems like weeks since we've chatted. I have been FFing and am down 5# myself. I've stalled for three days and need to shake things up a bit. So now I'm jumping back on pellets for a week to see if I can grab some week one losses and then finish off with FF. I haven't been lifting either. Doing some power walking but not near as much as I want.

How are you feeling after day one juicing?
Old 05-05-2013, 08:11 AM   #521
Major LCF Poster!

Oh Terri the juicing was awful. I got down breakfast okay, but man was it sweet, almost sickly sweet. Then when it was lunchtime I had a more veggie based juice, and I almost puked. And I was burping celery all day. So I told my boyfriend, Screw it let's go get Mexican. lol. I was starving and nauseous. I've read that is the detox reaction but not fun and not worth it. :/ So today I'm making veggie soup with all of my veggies or maybe taco salads with all of my leftover veggies.
So time to reasses what I want to do. I think I'm going to do super clean low carb like I have been but may add in my hcg that I have sitting my fridge, and just cut out one of my snacks to get me down to around 1200 cals. And super light exercises like walking and just bodyweight exercises. I pinned Jillian Michael's 30 day shred so I may do that. I'm just NOT going back to the 6 servings of carbs a day and intense weights because it only made me gain, gain, gain. lol.
In other news, I'm shopping around for a new car now. I got into a fender bender in the walmart parking lot the other day, I was waiting for a spot and an old man didn't see me, backed out right into my car. Then on the way home a rock hit my windshield and now it's cracked. So I'm ready to get rid of that jinxed thing, as much as I love it, it's served it's time well but time for an upgrade. Plus I've been having gauge lights come on so I'm worried that eventually it will just go kaput on me sooner than later. I'm looking at Ford Focuses right now. Not my number 1 pick, but in my price range and man you can get those puppies fully loaded for a good price IMO.
And my house is at a standstill right now too - still waiting to find out what I can spend on the house, and my cousin now is saying he doesn't want to start it until October which is absolutely not acceptable to me so I may have to threaten to look for another contractor. I would understand if he was busy with another house but he's not and he is just being lazy and wants the summer off. I refuse to wait that long and then have to move into my house after the holidays just because he's being a baby. I want to be in by Novemberr 1. So that's stressing me out too.
Old 05-05-2013, 10:38 AM   #522
Major LCF Poster!

OKAY so I just decided to order some new intermountain pellets. I figured the stuff inmy fridge is probably ineffective by now and a new order is only $30...I think I am finally frustrated enough to the point that I'm ready for the hcg again. And I've controlled my eating enough by now that it should be easy to stick to a plan. So I need to work out the cals, but I think that my plan so far is going to be b- protein shake with almond milk, s- a piece of fruit and maybe boiled eggs? l - salad with a protein and d- protein/veggie. easy peasy. So basically what I've been doing only taking out 2 snacks. Only reason I'm adding fruit is to use up what I've bought for my juicing fail. lol. And I'll probably stick to 3 pellets, 3 x a day - that's what worked for me before. So we'll see.
Also been researching cars all day, I've set up appointments at 2 kia dealerships and 2 ford dealerships. My boyfriend is pushing the Kia, and that IS what I want, but only I can get all the options I want for the price I want. So we'll see. This is stressful!!
Old 05-05-2013, 12:31 PM   #523
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

What a bummer couple days

The same thing happened to me last November. I was parked on the street and some kid in a truck dropped his drink and wiped out my Mustang. Since the tranny was just about to go out for the second time I can't say I was heart broke and the trade in value the dealer was going to give me was about $3600. Instead I got $12,000 from the insurance company. I was so tired of replacing engines and trannys in Chevys and Fords I decided to go foreign. DH has a Kia Sportage that hasn't given him a lick of problems in 200,000 miles. I wanted an Accord, but it would have pushed my financial buttons to the limit. I ended up with a Civic. Got a screaming deal and oh my gosh do I love, love, love that car. I average 36 miles to the gallon and I drive it like a sports car, plus it's an automatic.

My experience with contractors is if you force them into something they don't want to do, you'll wish you hadn't. If it were me, I'd tell him no problem if I could take the summer off I surely would and tell him you were going to check around for other contractors unless he had someone he wanted to recommend. That way if he wants to do it he can get up off his duff and ďconvinceĒ you he really wants it and you won't feel like the bad guy. If he doesn't you can move on without feeling guilty.

I have my strawberries all cut up for grab & go and bread sticks for breakfast. I have so many frozen leftovers from prior rounds, and DH is out of town for a couple days so I'll just use those up to start with. So I'm starting closer to protocol out of sheer convenience and laziness
Old 05-05-2013, 01:46 PM   #524
Major LCF Poster!

I'm hoping I get a decent chunk of change from the accident like you did though I won't get near that . I currently have a VW and I LOVE it but I think it's time for a change, that car just isn't made for commuting to work. It would be a great little car for a college kid who only has to drive to school etc, but it gets horrible gas mileage cuz of the turbo engine. So yeah my heart is really set on the Kia cuz I share your feelings about foreign cars too. I just hope I can get the price down to my price range and still get what I want. If I can't, I probably won't go with the Ford anyway and I will just have to wait.

I will be much more tactful with my cousin than i make it sound on here but man he really frustrates me! Hopefully this week I get one of these two issues resolved.

Good luck this week - I will be hcging with you too. FIngers crossed I can hit a decent number in one month - we are going on a camping trip and would like to be at least 10 pounds lighter.
Old 05-06-2013, 06:42 PM   #525
Major LCF Poster!

so my hcg is definitely still good. i got that floaty, energetic feeling from my first dose this morning. i had ZERO hunger all day. i already had dinner plans with my mom so we had mexican which was definitely not on my plan but i forgot i had those plans when i decided to start today and i barely got any food down anyway, so though it was not the best thing to eat i don't feel too terrible about it. :/ oh well. anyway, i peed all day long too. feeling hopeful i should see a good number by friday i'm sure!
made all sorts of appointments for cars this week. one dealership tomorrow, another on wednesday. probably one more before i make my decision depending on the prices they all give me. this should be interesting.
Old 05-06-2013, 07:45 PM   #526
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RileyWorm View Post
so my hcg is definitely still good. i got that floaty, energetic feeling from my first dose this morning. i had ZERO hunger all day. i already had dinner plans with my mom so we had mexican which was definitely not on my plan but i forgot i had those plans when i decided to start today and i barely got any food down anyway, so though it was not the best thing to eat i don't feel too terrible about it. :/ oh well. anyway, i peed all day long too. feeling hopeful i should see a good number by friday i'm sure!
made all sorts of appointments for cars this week. one dealership tomorrow, another on wednesday. probably one more before i make my decision depending on the prices they all give me. this should be interesting.
Holy cow! What kind of drops to you take. That sounds awesome!

So my first day I remembered why I hate protocol Believe it or not I hit 500 right on the dot. I usually do more calories, but with the food I have it worked to give 500 a try.
Old 05-06-2013, 08:29 PM   #527
Major LCF Poster!

They are natural medical supply pellets i believe. They definitely give you a euphoric type feeling im not sure exactly how tondescribe it. They definitely suppressed my hunger all day! And yeah protocol stinks. Lol. Good luckbwith 500. Wish i couldnstomach it but super lean proteins completely turn me off anymore. Sorry for tue bad typing im on my tablet. Oh and i got hives from shrimp again tonight! I onlybeat it about once every 3 or 4 months but the past two times its given me hives. Weird huh.
Old 05-06-2013, 10:19 PM   #528
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I'd be careful with the shrimp. Next time it could be worse than hives. That can be a pretty dangerous allergy.
Old 05-07-2013, 05:19 PM   #529
Major LCF Poster!

Yeah my mom pretty much told me not to eat them anymore. And I only like them one way, and that's in fajitas at the mexican restaurant. Hence why I only eat them every so often. I'm bummed but you are 100% right, I knew I was pushing it eating it 3 days in a row. :/

2 things to share today:
1- Found my car. THE ONE. He's calling me tomorrow with his offer. Basically, it's one model grade up, with the windows tinted already and the big ol rims that I like, for cheaper than I can get the model I'm currently looking at that doesn't have rims or tinted windows. It's a floor model that's got 6000 miles on it. So trying to play it cool but unless something crazy happens she will be mine. lol
2- These pellets are insane. I have ZERO hunger. I don't remember them having this effect on me the last time. let's hope this mojo continues and I will definitely be at goal by the end of May.

How are things going with you? Are you on protocol now?
Old 05-07-2013, 06:30 PM   #530
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yep, day 2. Yesterday I didn't think I was going to make it. Not really hungry just tired, irritable and unhappy with my food choices. Much better today. Led with my strawberries and bread stick and then when I got hungry instead of having my veggie pack I went for my power walk. Then around noon I ate my protein, sliced left over tri-tip and was fine the rest of the afternoon. Tonight I'm having P2 chili.

So what kind of car!!!!?
Old 05-07-2013, 07:02 PM   #531
Major LCF Poster!

kia optima slx turbo. fully loaded with 18" rims and tinted windows. i won't be able to sleep tonight. i'm going to a different dealership tomorrow night to look at another one, but one model lower, so we'll see what their offer is, and the guy from tonight is supposed to call me tomorrow with their offer on the slx. then on thursday i'm going to pick up a different slx to take home for the weekend and drive around. woot! that'll be fun. the guy today told me he will beat any price the other dealer gives me on the ex. so we will see what that price is. :/ the other dealership did already give me a quote and it's a fair price according to edmonds and kbb. so i have a feeling i will definitely be taking home the turbo. just what i need haha.

protocol sucks doesn't it! i gotta have some fats otherwise i'm incredibly cranky and irritable so protocol is impossible for me anymore. and the only lean protein i could stomach was shrimp, well that's out now. haha. we are some lucky ones that beef doesn't affect us!! glad you're feeling better today.
Old 05-07-2013, 07:49 PM   #532
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Sweet! Every girl NEEDS a turbo
Old 05-10-2013, 04:06 AM   #533
Major LCF Poster!

Well I drove 'my' car home last night. I love it, but trying to stay guarded about the price they will give me when I got back on Saturday. I'm getting pretty good at haggling though lol. They were going to send the car home with me last night without giving me any price, and I said, No, this car's sticker price is higher than what I was told, and i was told you were going to give me a better deal on this one than a brand new one, and X is my price point. I told them, I'm not taking this car home and waste my time when you can't get this price to where I want. The sales guy ran off and the financial manager came over and assured me that he would do what it takes to I would get the price that I want.He assured me that he wouldn't let me take home a car that he knew before hand was out of my price range. I think that I was surprising all these guys at this dealership that I knew the difference between msrp and invoice price and I already negotiated a higher price for my trade. Haha my boyfriend came in the dealership when I was in the middle of telling them all of this stuff, and he said I could tell you were pissed, you were shaking your head and saying NO. haha. Even if I can't get this particular one, I got a good price on the brand new EX but really hope this car works out.
HCG going good, I have absolutely ZERO hunger which is kindof scary since I don't want to eat at all and havae to make myself. Losses are average, yesterday I was down to 151.5 and I think I started at around 153-154. Yesterday I had a 2 egg omelete loaded with goodies from the cafeteria at work, but i had to have it because yesterday morning I actually WAS very hungry, I think from the past few days of having no hunger and eating very lightly. Then I had a protein shake, and for dinner me and the BF stopped and got wings. I had 5. So not TOO bad. Still not sleeping well which will affect my losses too. :/
Fingers crossed I had some good news to report on Saturday!!
How are you doing?

Last edited by RileyWorm; 05-10-2013 at 04:07 AM..
Old 05-10-2013, 09:19 AM   #534
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Great job. They're trying to get you to fall in love with the car before they give you the price. Donít be afraid to walk away.

This week has not gone as well as expected. I was stalled at 136.2 Fri-Sun. I decided to jump back on to HCG for a week to break the stall and grab some week 1 losses and go. I felt like poop going from FF to LF, abandoned it 2-1/2 days later and went back to FF, which my body is now readjusting to. Today Iím at 137.5 for all my efforts. Iím doing a meat and egg day today to end the week and then just doing std Low Carb for the weekend. Next week? I actually feel lighter and better in my clothes so thatís helping. Iíve been reading about these 5:2 diets where you diet (either low cal (500), or low carb (canít find the specs yet) for any two days of the week and eat normally to Mediterranean style for five. Do you know anything about these?

One thing I am going to start back doing is my light lifting. Leaving that behind for a little scale joy is not helping on any front. I also got an old video that is about toning with deep breathing and stretching. I'm going to give that a try. Just need to get DH out of the house to do it because you look a little ridiculous doing it.
Old 05-10-2013, 04:21 PM   #535
Major LCF Poster!

gr I know :/ The only thing is I know I can get the lesser model for the price I want. Either way I will be happy. So let's hope I hear what I want tomorrow otherwise I will be walking out. And pissed they wasted my time, which I've already told them that too. haha.
Never heard of 5:2 but you are hearing more and more about carb cycling/calorie cycling. I personally definitely believe in carb cycling. That sounds very do-able and liveable. 136-137 is awesome either way you look at it, I wish like heck I was there!! Today I weighed in at 150.something. Can't remember but do remember it was the next pound down on the scale. So yay!
I hear ya about the weights. I just can't seem to wrap my head around the gains, though I know they are artificial I just feel BLAH when that water weight jumps up! I only exercise when BF is gone too, I absolutely hate working out in front of people, period. lol.
Well, hopefully I have good news tomorrow. We shall see. Fingers crossed! Oh, and that car got AMAZING mpg. Like, the gas guage dropped 1/12 on the way home on an 18 gallon tank. My old car would take 1/4 tank out of a 13 gallon. So going to figure out the math on that but that is a huge difference.
Old 05-14-2013, 05:08 PM   #536
Senior LCF Member

Ok, I think I'm caught up! : ) I lovvvvve the new car! It's super cool looking; it's amazing what KIA has done in the last couple years! And little miss Thang seems to be enjoying the backseat! Did you ever figure out what was wrong with her?

I NEED to get me some of the pellets you're using! That sounds amazing!! Did either of you two load? And Terri, are you taking the HCG continuously? You guys are both having such good success, I just want to join so badly! I need to stop with the reasons why I can't commit and just frigging do it already! (Feel free to peer pressure me!) I'm sad to say I am officially at my pre-hcg weight from 2.5 years ago. Sigh.

Do either of you guys try to watch salt intake? I find that when I want to eat eat eat, I can usually keep the carbs/calories low as long as I find something salty (pickles, chicken boullion broth...) Any thoughts on this?

Are you guys both still taking the RK's? How's that going? You guys are super motivating to me!!!

I decided to go to grad school! Can't wait to hear more about the new house ... hope you get it all straightened out soon!
Old 05-14-2013, 08:28 PM   #537
Major LCF Poster!

i missed you!!! come join us!!! lol!! i am still super duper rogue, retained a few water weight pounds over the weekend, but still had a net loss of about 3. i'm okay with it. super strict during the day, dinner is usually whatever i want just waaayyy smaller portions. i lose at a pretty good rate til the weekend bumps me up but this weekend i literally had no choice since we were not home at all saturday or sunday and my food options were very very limited.

i 100% agree about the salty thing. olives are great for that too! i don't watch salt intake at all. i find that i have to have things salty otherwise i feel strange. i also find that peanut butter solves and cures all cravings for me. i stopped with the rk's for now, since they really super amp your energy and with eating so little, i decided to hold off on those. i may add them in, like start with just one a day for a while. but i do think the control hunger.

i finally got to talk to my cousin about the house, 'may be' breaking ground in July! OMG I CAN'T WAIT! possibly meeting with the plan drawer next week. i have everything allready picked out/ decided. we just have to figure out if my lot is a walk out, and then go from there.

thanks about the car, i love it! love love love love it. i ended up with the one i was haggling for, of course. had to add one year of payments to keep my payments where i want but i just couldn't sacrifice any of the options. um why yes i have to have voice controlled navigation and air conditioned seats. oh and 18" chrome rims. ha! what a brat i am. but the warranty itself couldn't be beat so i'm happy with what i got.

congrats on grad school!! what are you going for?? what else are you up to? are you still subbing?

Last edited by RileyWorm; 05-14-2013 at 08:29 PM..
Old 05-14-2013, 09:29 PM   #538
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hey Erin Yeah for 3# and big congrads on the car & house. I'm not sure it could get any more exciting for you right now. And with your new big long commute you NEED all those extras

Hi Ms. H Welcome back! Pickles have many times gotten me through. I didn't think of it a being because of the salt but maybe I would like to say that I've hung on to at least some of my HCG losses, but I haven't. I think I believed that I could always lose it again so I just allowed the creep. I can say, at least that I'm not over where I started, but I have been a few times this year. I've been trying to convince myself that I'm at least still a little smaller, but nope, I faced the tape measure today and I'm back to square one. So don't feel alone. At least with me you're in good company.

Currently I'm not doing HCG or RK. I was in the middle of one of my best rounds and then Poof, I lost it. I'm still 5-7# below where I started so it could be worse. I stopped RK because it was giving be heartburn if I went to low in carbs and I figured it wouldn't hurt to take a break anyway. Right now I'm recovering from a little too much over the weekend too; we did a bonsai trip to the coast and way too much winging it.

I'm not sure what my direction is food wise. Currently I'm low carb with shades of FF, NK & M&E without a whole lot of anything concrete. I've been checking out these 2 day diets from England that are put out by this cancer center. One is any two days a week in a row very low carb and 5 days of Mediterranean. The other is two days on, one day off, two days on, two days off. I think it's more low carb but it says you don't have to give up any foods you love (at least on up days) It also says it’s the best mix of Set Point Diet and Rotation Diet. I always had good results with Rotation. It is not VLC on “on” days like JUDDD or 5:2. But I don't know yet. I am planning to get back to lifting, I actually started yesterday while previewing Greer Childers Body Flex program which is all about deep breathing and stretching. I'm considering starting that tomorrow. You have to do it on an empty stomach and the only realistic time for me to do that is first thing in the morning. Unfortunately first thing for me is already 5am without extra time to exercise. So right now I'm a puddle of
Old 05-15-2013, 08:12 AM   #539
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Well I did it. I got up and started Body Flex. I feel bright and alert.

Last edited by TerriMM; 05-15-2013 at 08:14 AM..
Old 05-15-2013, 06:54 PM   #540
Senior LCF Member

BF is out of town, so I have been doing really well this week! (I KNEW I should blame him! ; ) I just made a spinach/mushroom egg cup recipe I found on pinterest. YUM! Down 2.5 pounds this week, but the ma in law had me over for bloody Mary's tonight... ugh. I had 3, BUT I said no to pizza bread AND 5 layer chocolate dessert. It's a start! Aside from the (I like to call them BM's ; ) bloody marys, I have been doing great this week on restricting calories. I'm finding it REALLY hard to have high protein/fat ratios AND keep calories down. Fat has soooo many calories!

I was glad today to have the input about salt, because I ate turkey lunchmeat and pickles and mustard like there is no tomorrow, haha! I LOVE pickle juice (weird) and drink it straight out of the jar. I will try using peanut butter too, maybe when I have the sweets cravings??

I'm so excited about the house!! What is a "walk out" lot? So crazy to think that (if all goes well!) you will be in your brand new home by Christmas! And after living somewhere with humidity, I have decided NOBODY should be without A/C seats! And rims are just a must, obviously ; )

Oh my gosh, Terri, you SOOOO hit my problem right on the head with the "oh, I can always lose it with hcg if I REALLY want to" mentality. It is SO frustrating that I blew all that hard work in just 2.5 years. And now that I'm approaching 30, and I've probably screwed up my metabolism, it's going to be even harder. UGH! What am I thinking?! Always nice to be in good (and skinny!) company! What is a bonsai trip? I love the coast! Can't want to get to Corpus in the next few weekends!

I decided to go into Occupational Therapy. I have shadowed a ton in the last month or so and absolutely LOVVVVVE it!!!! I'm still subbing, and I think I could MAYBE find a job, but I'm thinking I would prefer to do OT, and the pay and demand is quite a bit better! Unfortunately, the only program here accepts 35 out of 300 applicants per year... : ((( I'm checking into plan B!!!