Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-29-2013, 02:28 PM   #451
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: RileyWorm
Well I got the job! WOOT! The pay isn't that great, but you have to start out somewhere I guess and is typical salary for entry level positions here. :/ I am now trying to set myself a strict monthly budget because my gas expense is going to be much more substantial than it has been and I'm not used to that and I love my shopping. I know I can do it, since I used to stick to a strict budget a few years ago but somehow I let that fall to the side and have been basically a shopaholic ever since. :/

WOE: General Low Carb
Goal: 20 lbs to lose
9/14 - 5 lbs down, 15 to go.
RileyWorm is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-31-2013, 01:56 PM   #452
Major LCF Poster!

Dukan-ing again. No HCG. Went back and realized I started this journal 1 year ago and I was 7 pounds lighter then. WAAAHH.
So now tomorrow night I am going out to dinner for my bestie's 30th - to the Cheesecake Factory. Goshdarn it!! I did see a sugar free cheesecake on the menu so I may just get that.
Old 02-02-2013, 08:18 AM   #453
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: MsHistory
Stats: 163/148/125-130?
WOE: Hhcg
Start Date: February 2011
WOOOOOHOOOOOO!!!!!! Congrats on the job!!!!!! And that's great that it will put you in a position where you will be able to move up eventually! When do you start? I'm excited for you! : )

Did the bloated stomach go away when you stopped taking the hcg? And I didn't know you'd had vein surgery, but I didn't know it caused lasting pain?? Was it just a cosmetic thing? That stinks that it's so painful! : ( The zumba class that I did was actually a groupon deal where I got 30 gym classes for 20 bucks, and there is zumba, yoga, boot camp, and several other weird sounding classes. Anyways, I'm excited to try them all, and 20 bucks was a steal!

BF wanted to go the the Cheesecake Factory last week and I won't even tell you the horrendous things I ate, haha! It was delicious!! : ) I'm still right around 158, ugh. Have definitely failed miserably at having a calorie deficit lately...

I finally decided to go back to substitute teaching while I decide what to go back to school for (and until I find a job...) The schools here are like four times the size of the university I attended, and during orientation they talked about things like 'What to do if a student gets stabbed' and 'How to handle it if a student tries to push you up against the wall'... So I'm not exactly looking forward to it, but hopefully it will motivate me to make some career decisions!
MsHistory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 08:44 AM   #454
Major LCF Poster!

OK YEAH I DID NOT get the sugarfree cheesecake. I got a steak sandwich, fries, and the apple stresusel carmel cheesecake calorie buster. lol. And it was delicious. And I ate it all. !
I have found that the bloating I had has subsided substantially, actually. Hadn't thought about it until now. Even this morning after eating all that crap I still feel fine. Although yesterday all I had prior to going out was 2 turkey burger patties. So I maybe didn't really do too much damage last night since I didn't really eat a lot yesterday prior to. So back to protein today again. I think as long as I stick to this WOE for a while and not give up I'll hit goal. I really want to add back in workouts but hate the water gain and don't want to deal with leg pain.
The vein surgery was for the pain, not cosmetic although they did look really horrible. They ran all the way down my legs and stuck out about 3/4 inch or more. And pretty painful. All the years of sports injuries and genetics. ANYHOO, I had the major arteries done and I have a minor artery that was not done for several reasons - the first surgery sometimes helps alleviate the pain associated witht he minor vein but in my case it did not and it actually has gotten worse.
That's great about the substitute teaching, and in a large school you will probably be kept pretty busy! But that sucks about the possible knife attacks OMG lol. Let's just hope you never have to use any of the training you received in orientation!!
I start on Feb. 11. I am excited yet nervous at the same time. After working at my job now for 10 years, and having awesome hours and seniority it will be hard to work 45 mins away, have no vacation, and work until 5 or later everynight! But it will be worth it.
Can you remind me again the self tanner that you recommended to me? Wanting to try something new again. And, just curious did you ever try the body wrap that I sent you? My friend just bought me cellulite shorts! HAHA!
Old 02-02-2013, 12:40 PM   #455
Senior LCF Member

Ok, if we're sharing... I had fried macaroni and cheese, 4 cheese pasta, and the most amaaaaaazing chocolate, peanut butter, reese's, butterfinger cheesecake. Phew, it feels good to get that off my chest, haha : )

I have never heard of veins being painful, but that sounds horrible! Ugh, I'm so sorry, that seems like it would be frustrating because what can you do to help it?! Hopefully it will feel better soon... until then, I would totally use that as an excuse to get out of exercising! Haha...

I didn't realize you'd had your current job for 10 years, wow! You just finished your MBA, right? I know absolutely nothing about any of that stuff, but I've been thinking about taking some leveling courses to see if I would like it... Ugh, I don't know. I have no idea what I want to be when I grow up!

I haven't tried the wrap yet, but I'm super excited to! I was thinking I would use it the day before I have to wear a swimming suit (which will be in about a month here, yippeeee!) so I will def let you know how it goes! Have you done any more wraps? And the tanner is called FakeBake Flawless. I order mine on Amazon because it's cheaper than Ulta... there is a girl on youtube who does a demo of it (I love her videos, she is super gorgeous). You should be able to find it if you type in "smlxo my favorite self tanner". I get lots of comments and people asking me what I use, and I like that it looks real and smells good! If you get some, let me know how you like it!
Old 02-02-2013, 04:30 PM   #456
Major LCF Poster!

thanks! i'm going to go check it out. From your experience how long does it last? Is the color buildable? How often do you apply it? I watch youtube beauty videos pretty much all the time so I'm surprised I haven't seen that one of hers yet but heading there now. lol. I'm thinking I'm going to start getting away from the fake baking, or at least cutting back mostly due to wrinkles. lol. I'm not getting any younger and don't want to look like a paper bag. Though I'm also leery of the chemicals in sunless tanning so it's like the lesser of two evils.
It took me a loooong time for me to figure out what I wanted to be when I grew up , and then unfortunately since I already was grown up I had to work and then make school my 2nd priority. haha. I have worked for my fam since college, actually before that so I guess it's actually been more like 15 years now. I just started taking business courses because I figure that is a broad enough degree and you can tweak it however you want. I really enjoyed my MBA program assuming that's the route you want to go. I think if you are a non-business major you usually have to take a few pre-reqs before you are officially in the program (assuming that's basically universal.) I'm still not actually in my field (accounting) but banking is close enough for me and the main thing i want is the opportunity for advancement so I'm willing to trade career paths. ha.
I'll keep you posted on the self-tanner and keep me updated on the wraps! I have a whole arsenal of gel and wraps stocked up for swim suit season and now I have those shorts so hopefully between all those things I see some improvement.

Last edited by RileyWorm; 02-02-2013 at 04:33 PM..
Old 02-06-2013, 12:44 PM   #457
Major LCF Poster!

just been keeping it higher protein, lower cals. like today i had scrambled eggs and some popcorn, and lunch was some PB cuz I wasn't very hungry. I'm eating at my mom's and I think she made soup. Not weighing. I plan on grocery shopping this weekend and getting GY and some other things so really do a good protein attack week. So I haven't really gotten into the Dukan rotation yet.
Old 02-12-2013, 06:29 PM   #458
Major LCF Poster!

Keeping up my protein fasts and now have added back in hcg. This past weekend I was bad,bad,bad. But Monday and today I've been good. Now, my mom is having chicken n dumplings for dinner tomorrow night so of course I have to have some of those. If I keep is low cals all day I might be able to swing it for dinner and not gain.
I"m really enjoying the new job, HATE THE TRAFFIC. The drive sucks, so so bad! But the days go by quickly and I"m enjoying what I'm doing. So that's good. I was having some doubts yesterday for a couple reasons but feel much better about it today.
Old 02-18-2013, 07:44 PM   #459
Major LCF Poster!

Things are going ok here I guess. I fell off the wagon a tad this weekend but what else is new. Today I did well, dinner was leftover tortellini soup so could have been better but can't bear for food to go to waste. Tomorrow planning on egg/meat fast. Trying to figure out when I want to add in a bit of workouts with my new work schedule. I'm thinking after work twice a week, and at least once on the weekend. That should be doable. And by workouts, I mean walking the dog and then doing things like abs/legs/arms here at home. I liked the Rockn Body, but it made my ankles/legs/veins hurt waaay too bad. It was too high impact, I think.
Old 02-19-2013, 04:44 PM   #460
Senior LCF Member

Sorry I have been mia, I promise I'll catch up soon! Just wanted to let you know to watch the mail! : )
Old 02-19-2013, 05:49 PM   #461
Major LCF Poster!

wha wha?? ok now I'm excited! I was wondering what you've been up to and missin ya too!

Finally training for my position this week - WOW a lot to learn but I think it will be a fun job to have only because it seems like they are always busy; plus the group of girls I work with are all fun and very welcoming. We are already having a food day on Friday!

I braved the scale this morning: 148. W..T..F...I gotta get my rump in gear, big time! I think my hcg is crappy, honestly. I know I don't eat the best, but I was just as rogue last year and lost fine, slow but steady at least. SOOOO once I get paid (OMG 3 weeks from now...) I might buy some new hcg.

Anyway, can't wait to hear from you and curious about the mail!! haha!
Old 02-21-2013, 12:34 PM   #462
Major LCF Poster!

Rethinking my situation here. I think I'm going to go back to lifting some weights again and eating lowcarb/high protein/moderate fat. HCG got me nowhere, Dukan is allright so may incorporate elements of his theories, but I think I just need to start meal planning and that is where my problem is. Honestly, I think about people who are waaaay heavier than I am and they struggle with weight loss, sure, but if they can over come it I can too, right! Seriously! I only have a good 10 pounds to go before I feel comfortable, and would like to lose another 3-4 after that but that's just picking. At home today for part day because we are having like a blizzard here and we got the option to leave early. Which sucks cuz now I don't get paid but I'd rather be safe at home. It took me almost 2 hours to get home the way it was. Would like to start a workout today but I'm hibernating now. lol. Anyway, I might give the self tanner a go tonight. Thanks so much again!! :x

Last edited by RileyWorm; 02-21-2013 at 12:35 PM..
Old 02-21-2013, 04:30 PM   #463
Major LCF Poster!

OK - I think I am going to do Jamie Eason's 12 week program. I think I'm going to start Monday so that on Sunday I can meal prep. Unfortunately I don't belong to a gym so some of the exercises I will have to improvise/find at home alternatives. I also think I'm going to cut the carbs a bit, she includes carbs in the phase 1 meal plan. The best part about this is that 1) it's all free! haha! and 2) the workouts are 4 days straight, with 3 days rest (Fri, Sat, Sun or whatever days you want), which will work really well for me. I think I might have to go to my mom's to print off all of the phase 1 stuff. I'm kinda excited! Ready to drop this weight I feel sooo bloated today.
Old 02-21-2013, 06:46 PM   #464
Major LCF Poster!

OK can't start at the moment because I need to buy some things before I start like BCAA supplements/shakes and protein powder and things are super tight right now since I had the job switch and waiting for my first paycheck. Plus now I have tons of foods that needs to be eaten first since I just went grocery shopping. BUT I think I am just going to try to maybe 'kinda' follow the meal plan with what I have and maybe start some light workouts. We'll see. But if I decide to do this and actually follow through I'm starting a new journal. This one needs a new name anyway.
Old 02-22-2013, 11:58 AM   #465
Senior LCF Member

Ooh I will have to do some research into that one! I'm still hoping to start hcg soon! Things are going really well, so hopefully I'll be able to add that to the mix in a couple weeks... And hopefully I'll stick with it!!!
That's so awesome that you like the new job/coworkers!! I have been subbing and it's really not my favorite... I miss my own class w my own rules where the students already know my expectations. Anyways, still looking to find what I want to be when I grow up!
As far as the fake bake, I really wish it would last longer... I'm like addicted to it, so if I would give it a rest, I'd probably remember how pale I am naturally! Haha : ) I just bought that Hempz stuff that she talks about on YouTube, and I laid out by the pool yesterday!!!! Woooooo, almost time for a real tan! I love Texas!!
Old 02-22-2013, 04:17 PM   #466
Major LCF Poster!

OMG i hate you!! lol - laying out by the pool!! We just had an ice blizzard here!! That is always the problem with self tanners though, but since I get those sunspots so bad and the veins in my legs are bad too, so self tanner works so much better for me. I just wish I got the clear complexion benefits that I get from tanning bed also!
I think I have finally gotten to the point where hcg just is not going to work for me until I can commit to doing it by the book again. I was just waaayyy too rogue for it to work and I can't find the discipline to follow that dreadful 500 cal diet again. lol. Jamie Eason's plan won't really be easy either but there a few reasons I think it's doable for me: making sweet treats out of protein powder, and she allows nut butters. The hardest part will be the workouts. i am going to try to follow it as closely as I can, but as the program progresses she ups the workouts, so I may have to switch things around to fit my schedule and if I have to miss a day, oh well, ya know?
Anyway that sucks about the subbing but at least you found something to do , I guess! I still don't know what I want to be either when I'm grown up, I like what I'm doing now but really just going to use it as a stepping stone for something else. Don't plan on being where I am now in 2-3 years. So don't feel bad for not knowing .haha

Last edited by RileyWorm; 02-22-2013 at 04:18 PM..
Old 02-24-2013, 08:09 AM   #467
Major LCF Poster!

OKAY NEW PLAN: today i have an appt with my cousin who is a body builder. I've hesitated asking her for help because I feel like once I ask for her help because it's hard to fail when someone knows what you're doing, KWIM? Like, I don't want her to judge me or criticize me if I can't follow through. But I don't think I'll be able to get to where I want to be without outside help. So I've asked her to help me with creating a workout plan that I can do at home, and give me advice about supplements. So we'll see. I'll let you know what she says. And once I've started, I'm starting a new journal.
Old 02-24-2013, 12:56 PM   #468
Major LCF Poster!

Got a plan, just gotta get a paycheck so I can get some heavier weights and some protein, and I'm good to go. I'm excited. So today I had a tons of starchy bready carbs like cinnamon bread and pizza. I'm going to try to tone it down until I start my new WOE but wanna get through some foods that I have on hand here.
Old 02-27-2013, 11:20 AM   #469
Senior LCF Member

Oh my gosh that's a great idea!! Her story was so motivating, so I def think its good to use her as a resource! I totally get what you're saying about not wanting her to judge you, but I think that might also be a great way to stay motivated! (Ie, I reeeeally want to go crazy but I know I have to see her again in a week/month/whatever). I wish I had her for a cousin! Can't wait to see your menus and workout schedule! Does it seem doable? Difficult? Easy?
Old 02-27-2013, 05:54 PM   #470
Major LCF Poster!

I will email them to you when I get them. They are verrrry similar to the Jamie Eason plan. I think the key is working with the allowed foods and finding ways to make them more palatable. Like, for breakfast I can have overnight oatmeal which is soooo exciting. You are also allowed certain carbs like brown rice, baked potato, ezekiel bread, oatmeal. I plan to meal prep on Sundays (like the real enthusiasts do, haha, I'm just a poser). The trick is to sticking to it. I know that her trainer originally allowed her one cheat meal a week so I may allow myself that to keep myself sane, but maybe not at first.
The workout plan I requested is for workouts you can do at home, there is 3 different routines and you do each routine 3 times, 15 reps each. She recommended I get some lighter weights like 3-5, and some heavier like 10-15 (but no more than 15 for now.) And doing HIIT I think everyday, but for me that's up in the air. I will try to do it on my off days, but I think an hour of weights 3x a week is a good start so if I miss a day of cardio, OH WELL. haha. I plan to start walking the dog again when it gets nicer so we'll see how I get all this into my schedule. We are so busy at work and my team is working overtime like 2-3 nights a week so once I'm trained, it all depends on when I get home and how I feel.
So, okay, long story short, It seems doable, more doable than HCG at the moment, and I know once I get into the weight routine it will be easy since last summer I worked out like 3 months straight before I got frustrated.
And I am LOOOOVING the self tanner. Like, I'm addicted. It looks sooo real!
Old 02-27-2013, 07:20 PM   #471
Major LCF Poster!

OKAY I AM A GENIUS. I am going to get a mini trampoline for HIIT since I don't have a treadmill or the space to jumprope---HOW.MUCH.FUN. would that be. Let me know iif you want the info on this and I can send it to you. It would be fun to do it together!
Old 03-08-2013, 11:45 AM   #472
Senior LCF Member

Ok I've had it... One of my besties is coming this week (yay!) and then I'm starting hcg! I want to get the instant gratification it brings, and then possibly switch to the plan your cousin made... Sooooo nice to have by the way!!! Thank you!!! Can't wait to see how it goes!! I also want to know what you think of the trampoline workouts!
Old 03-08-2013, 04:52 PM   #473
Major LCF Poster!

Ah jealous. I wish I could hcg again. :/ Have fun with your friend!! I don't have the extra money for a trampoline right now just cuz its hard to adjust with my new paychecks and stuff but anyway, hopefully next paycheck I will have the funds. I bought all my food and plan to get all my food together Sunday to start on Monday. I plan to do my workouts in the morning before work so we shall see how that goes.
Old 03-23-2013, 10:27 PM   #474
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: TerriMM
Stats: 147/143/128
WOE: LC
Hey Erin
How it going? Are you feeling better yet?

DH has decided on Fat Flush. Basically LC to start with although I get 2 pieces of fruit and cranberry water in phase one, but no dairy. Ongoing phases add "friendly" carbs and eventually I'll get dairy back. It incorporates a lot of the healthy principals we've learned so I also feel good about it that way. And the idea of carbs down the road is a definite plus. I plan to continue with my workouts and continue to add on to them.

Funny thing is I tried this, loosely, exactly a year ago with HCG. I lost an average of .5 per day. Will be interesting to see how this compares without. I'm going to be stricter on plan, so it's not really a fair comparison, but so it goes with a double "eyes open" study
Old 03-24-2013, 07:57 AM   #475
Major LCF Poster!

I just lost my whole post! Today we are having a 'blizzard' - calling for 8 inches of sleet and snow, so I'm having a relaxing day of staying in pj's all day, reading, and watching movies and cuddling with my fur baby. And dreading the drive to work tomorrow.!!!
I am feeling much better though still a bit congested in the chest. My 'blood sugar symptoms' (what I'm calling it since I don't know for sure and have decided that is most likely my problem; I'm waiting until I have a good 2 weeks of tracking symptoms and diet before calling the doc so I have tangible evidence to show!) are better too, I think, though every day is different from the one before.
Two weeks down of eating clean, except for maybe 3 slipups total (which is good for me!) and workouts start tomorrow. Planning on 3 days/week of strength training, 2 days cardio/random Pinterest workout.
Fat flush sounds interesting! May have to check it out. I have eliminated a lot of dairy already from my diet, except for GY and half/half in coffee. Let me just say I hate half and half in my coffee and think I'm better off keeping the cream since I use twice as much half/half anyway! But now I have this huge 1/2 gallon container to go through aahhh! Anyway, I hate to eliminate GY since it's a great protein source to break up all the meat, meat,meat...So I'm keeping it for now. Keep me posted on how its working for you! It might be nice to give a shot just to break up the monotony. And are you still liking the raspberry ketones? I'm thinking about picking a bottle up. I figure what can it hurt to try them out.
The peanut butter/protein powder combo has become a life saver. It's a great snack and I just grab one when I'm feeling blah, or wanting to root around in the fridge. Though I can see myself losing control very easily with those since they taste so much like cookie dough!
How's your hubby feeling? Did you get to celebrate your anniversary?

@Jessi, how are you?! Check in with me!!

Last edited by RileyWorm; 03-24-2013 at 08:02 AM..
Old 03-25-2013, 10:06 AM   #476
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I’m pretty much well, DH is still on the tail end. We had a lovely weekend. Didn’t do much just hung out together. It was great weather actually had shorts on for a while and got some flowers planted. Far cry for St. Louis weather it sounds like.
I’m at an all-time high today after another carby weekend, wine and major monthly water retention, I feel like I’m carrying the majority on my chest. I’ve kept up my workouts every other day, so even as high as I am; my jeans are not a tight as they could be. After HCG this doesn’t feel much like a diet.
Breakfast – 2 eggs, coffee – no cream, lemon water
Snack – Apple
Lunch – 4oz roast beef rolls and bag of fresh veggies
Dinner – Chicken stir fry
Snack – another piece of fruit
And eight glasses of cran water
TerriMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 05:37 PM   #477
Major LCF Poster!

I did good today and I got my first official workout in!! Yay! Glad there was one good thing to this day! My car ran out of juice cuz I left my lights on this morning, had a mini-panic attack cuz I thought it just flat out was dead, and luckily got a guy at work to help me jump it since I didn't have jumper cables!!
Diet was en pointe today, I was about 3 pounds down from last Monday most of which is water lost from my boozy weekend that weekend. If it weren't for protein shakes and the peanut butter balls I would probably be eating much worse but those are definitely keeping my sweets and junk cravings at bay. It is a good feeling knowing that we ate out this weekend and it didn't have an adverse affect.
I only did 3 sets of 15 instead of 4, and 15 minutes cardio instead of 20. But I think that's still good for my first day. All in all it took me an hour. Maybe in the next week I will add the 4th set.
My goal is to get in my shorty shorts by memorial day. That gives me 2 months. Yikes.

So it sounds like we both had good days!! Let's keep it up eh?!

Oh and I think I might pick up the ketones tomorrow. Are they still working for you, do you think?

Last edited by RileyWorm; 03-25-2013 at 05:39 PM..
Old 03-26-2013, 09:11 AM   #478
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Sounds like you're on a roll WTG! I didn't work out last night, I was headed to bed at 9:00 and realized I had forgotten. So tonight I come home and change into workout clothes as soon as I get there. I have to pack up DH for an out of towner (just one night) so after food prep I'll just jump right in.

I’m still liking the RK. I feel like it just makes the good lifestyle better and keeps the bad lifestyle from being as bad KWIM? I didn’t find as much appetite suppressant yesterday. I don’t know if it was because of a major carby weekend or adding fruit and veggies to the diet. I’m thinking the former.

So I have to justify this with I was artificially high yesterday and almost sloshing with water weight, but I'm down 2.1 today. Today's menu is:
Breakfast – 2 scrambled eggs, black coffee
Lunch – Leftover stir-fry from last night
Snack – Apple
Dinner – Baked chicken thigh with green beans.
Snack if I want – another piece of fruit.
Old 03-27-2013, 06:51 PM   #479
Major LCF Poster!

Yay for the 2.1!! That makes up for the missed work out I had to mix up my workout today so that I did all arms, chest and back, and doing legs/abs tomorrow. My chest is soooooo sore I couldn't get in all the pushups lol.
No cheating today. Or yesterday either! Wooot!! My mom has a new ice cream maker so we are going to make sugar free GY. I can't wait. It'll be nice to have a decent sweet treat that's clean and diet friendly.
I looked at RK at Walmart but they only had one option so I'm going to look at Walgreens. I just got my licorice in the mail today so I'm starting those tomorrow too.
And tomorrow I'm making a trip to Ulta - they are having a sale on this stuff I've had my eye on FOREVER, it is almost 50% off and I have another coupon for 20% off yippeee! Now let's hope I only walk out what I went in for. I guess we allready know that won't happen. lol.
Have a happy Thursday!!
Old 03-27-2013, 09:49 PM   #480
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Nice job! You're really on a roll now. Hope you don't need a wheelchair to make it into Ulta I need to get there too. I'm not a big make up user, mostly eye liner and mascara but I like to have multi brands and since I'm blond I have to use the browns or blues or else I look like a biker chick and I can’t get that anywhere.

Did my first power walk at work today felt great the rest of the afternoon. Tonight with DH out of town I vacuumed and mopped floors for two hours. Don't laugh but I consider that an aerobic workout

Have a great day tomorrow!