Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-29-2012, 08:08 PM   #421
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: MsHistory
Stats: 163/148/125-130?
WOE: Hhcg
Start Date: February 2011
I. Am. Enormous. And soooo ready to start!!! My hcg is in Texas so I can't start vlcd until Jan 6th, ugh!
I will prob have 35 to pipe dream, 25 to realistic goal, and and 15 to my last ldw. I will be happy if I end at 140! (I'm saying this all for my own benefit, haha).
I'm going to do by the book, and if I'm miserable after week 1 I may add in some other veggies... I so wish I liked fish! Your menu looks good, and I wish I was starting on the 2nd! I plan to put everything I eat on here so you can yell at me if I step out of line! Haha
MsHistory is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 12-29-2012, 08:10 PM   #422
Senior LCF Member

Are you going to workout during vlcd?
Old 12-30-2012, 07:45 AM   #423
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: RileyWorm
I'm planning on it, if I can manage it. Since my calories are going to be a bit higher I think I can do it. I have those Rockin Body videos coming, which is just cardio and I've heard they aren't too difficult so giving those a shot. Of course any workout routine I ever begin usually only lasts about 2 weeks but I think I"m going to make a schedule and force myself to stick to it. I just don't want to get too flabby because I get skinny fat very easily.
I'm not really a big fish fan either, lool, but I've learned that if I cook the crap out of it so they get crispy on the bottoms and squeeze some lemon, then I like it. Haha.
I feel enormous too. I don't have enough leggings and sweats in my closet haha. So when are you starting? I wish I could start NOW but we have plans for NYE, and I still have family Christmas today!! And on New Year's Day we are going 4wheeling which means alcohol and snacks all day.
ANYWAY, let's talk about what we're going to reward ourselves with when we hit goal. I've got my Christmas money put away, ready for me to hit 135! Whoop! It will probably be waiting for me for a looooong time! I'm not sure yet, maybe I will create two things, one for if I keep up my workouts and one for hitting goal. I'm thinking a new watch, and the Vice palette from Urban Decay. I will change my mind about that in a week, I'm sure! I don't really need clothes because luckily I have some that will fit my goal weight, and most fit me now also. Maybe a new swimsuit?!?!
Well, here's to enjoying out last few days of freedom before the 2 and the 6!! haha! I am ready to lose the weight but dreading the restriction.

WOE: General Low Carb
Goal: 20 lbs to lose
9/14 - 5 lbs down, 15 to go.

Last edited by RileyWorm; 12-30-2012 at 07:48 AM..
RileyWorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 02:02 AM   #424
Senior LCF Member

Ugh, I'm having another emotional meltdown and I haven't even started hcg... Not a good state to be in when starting out...
Old 01-02-2013, 10:18 AM   #425
Major LCF Poster!

uh oh, hope everything's ok. :/
everything going fine here, slightly hungry but not unmanageable.
Old 01-03-2013, 01:04 PM   #426
Major LCF Poster!

day 2 almost down. i ate some corn curls today, with a few fritos thrown in (it was like a party mix). pretend it was 100 calorie bag of popcorn. otherwise did good. i won't let that happen again though, it just made me even hungrier and crave more crap! haven't weighed at all. probably won't until next week.
Old 01-04-2013, 10:25 AM   #427
Major LCF Poster!

day 3: whoopsie more corn curls. not many though. someone needs to hurry up and eat that stuff at work! I guess I feel like I am the one who has to do it, lol. FINALLY feeling slimmer today. Still no weighing. I was soooo bloated from 2 weeks of anything goes.
So my menu has been:
B - 2 eggs, fried with a bit of pam, coffee and 2 tbs of cream
L - hamburger patty with mustard
D - either salmon or cod (not weighed, individually vacuum sealed), about 2 cups of broccoli. flavor with a bit of lemon pepper and salt. i discovered I hate cod unless its fried so I added just a tiny bit of butter to it last night for some flavor.
Tomorrow I may shake it up a bit, I have bacon that need to be gone so may have that instead of hamburger tomorrow. Dinner might be out somewhere so planning on either bunless burger with side salad or small steak with broccoli.
Got my rockin' body dvd's today, so may start that either tonight or tomorrow. have to get my tree down first so I don't knock it over. lol.
Old 01-05-2013, 04:27 PM   #428
Major LCF Poster!

day 4: super rogue today. but feeling good still. i suspect i'm down about 4 pounds, maybe. breakfast was coffee with cream, 1 egg, 2 slices bacon. then i had a latte (with whole milk). late lunch was 4 hot wings, and some chef salad. not much at all. and I think like 3 nacho chips. so i won't have any sort of extraordinary loss tomorrow, but i think i did 'ok' today. nothing else today, but thinking about making another coffee with some cream. did some major shopping today which i said i wasn't going to do but i fell into peer pressure. lol. so i got some tops, and a pair of skinny jeans which DO NOT FIT, but keeping them cuz I know they will fit if I drop some weight. plus tons and tons of fun stuff from ULTA!!!
Old 01-06-2013, 01:46 PM   #429
Senior LCF Member

Ok I'm a big jerk... I have to wait a little bit longer to start : ( I think all the stress from the rollercoaster of 2012 just came to a head this week and I seriously lost it. So as crazy as that makes me feel/sound I'm going to hold off maybe for a couple weeks because I'm going to consider medication to keep from getting so low, and I don't want the emotions of dieting to interfere. I'm super bummed because I reeeeally want to do hcg! I'm going to try to at least do something (probably low calorie?) until I can get started.
Anyhow, it looks like you've been doing great! I'm jealous, and way to go on having the willpower to stay off the scale! I bet you're going to have such a good surprise when you get on! : ) I have been dying to go shopping because I hate EVERYTHING in my closet, ugh! Hooray for skinny jeans and ULTA (which I say doesn't count!) : )
Old 01-06-2013, 02:49 PM   #430
Major LCF Poster!

i hope you get everything resolved soon. your health is most important!!! how are things going otherwise? did you have a nice trip home? you have had alot on your plate the past year so I can totally understand!! And the hcg can make you (anyone!) super irritable; I know this week at work I was so freakin annoyed by the dumbest stuff.

Today: I cleaned my spare bedroom, which is actually like my closet/getting ready room. Which made me make a new year's resolution: no more socks, underwear, tshirts, or sweatshirts until I get rid of what I have! So any time I want to buy new, I have to get rid of something old. I have a habit of holding on to clothes waaayyy too long! So anyway, I was so busy I only had breakfast (2 slices bacon, 1 egg) and now I'm eating a potato mashed, with 2 FF hot dogs. Sounds weird. lol. I've been following a thread over in the JUDDD threads where they do potato fasts, and I think there's couple doing the potato fasts with HCG. So I thought I'd incorporate one today and see what happened. Don't think I could do a whole day or week of only potatoes, especially since you can't add any butter or anything yummy to them (haha!). I might have some coffee later while I watch TV - so many good shows on tonight!! Revenge is back on, and so is Downton Abbey!! If you don't watch Downton Abbey you should check it out; I LOVE IT! The first season is on Netflix.
Old 01-07-2013, 01:34 PM   #431
Major LCF Poster!

Day 6: meh. Weird day food wise. Not hungry, but couldn't eat what I had planned if that makes sense. Breakfast was two eggs, but I just wasn't in the mood for them so I threw them out. I did have 4 Hershey's kisses, though. Lunch was supposed to be leftover chef salad sans dressing, but it froze in the fridge! So I had a little bit of the meat and cheese, then I had some PB and an apple. So dinner will be...who knows. NOT in the mood for fish. Maybe a burger and the rest of the mashed potatoes?? Broccoli? Or maybe I"ll make some tuna with a tiny bit of mayo. IDK. This round is turning roguer and roguer (is that word, lol?) I may brave the scale tomorrow. Not sure yet.
Old 01-07-2013, 03:19 PM   #432
Major LCF Poster!

Dinner was a hamburger patty with some broccoli. I also did the first Rockin Body workout. It was super easy but it was also the introduction to the basics. I was going to do another but figured I better not push it since I'm barely eating. lol.
Old 01-08-2013, 10:25 AM   #433
Major LCF Poster!

Day 7: One week down. Still haven't weighed. But my fold over top yoga pants which were wayyyy too tight are fitting awesome, without muffin top spilling over! Woot!
Today's menu is/was:
B - coffee/cream, 2 scrambled eggs with cheese ( I had to add cheese because the thought of eggs grossed me out for some reason today and needed to add flavor)
L - 2 FF turkey hot dogs (super rubbery, YUCK! I dipped them in a bit of ketchup)
D - will be salmon and broccoli
Plus workout tonight.
Old 01-09-2013, 10:23 AM   #434
Major LCF Poster!

Day 8: Still not weighing. Have been working out and am super sore. Menu more or less the same. Not hungry much at all and forcing myself to eat stuff. I think mostly its that I don't have appetite for the foods I'm supposed to be eating!
Old 01-09-2013, 05:11 PM   #435
Senior LCF Member

Woooohooooo for yoga pants!!!! And I know what you mean about the eggs... Hcg has a way of ruining certain foods!!! And spices!
I am actually down several pounds, mostly from stress... (That's never happened before!!). I also started on a prescription today to hopefully help me cope better, so I'm going to give it 2 weeks and then hopefully start!
For now, I'm just trying to keep calories under 1800 every day and workout 5xs per week. (1800 sounds monstrous compared to what you're eating!!). So far I've been doing well, but bf gets home tomorrow so I'll have to build up my willpower!
Old 01-09-2013, 05:17 PM   #436
Major LCF Poster!

YAY! I hope you're feeling better soon! You will be feeling like yourself in no time. And sounds like you have a good plan in place. The workouts 5x's per week sounds insane to me! Haha! I'm glad if I get in two (or even one, to be honest!) And yay for the pounds down, but BOO that its from stress.

SOOOO I had a ton of chocolate tonight. I don't know why I felt the need, I wasn't even hungry. I think it was stress from work, IDK. Oh well. I still was waaay under on cals since my lunch was practically non-existant. I know I'm sick of eggs but I'm doing an old-fashioned Atkins egg day tomorrow. Yay for butter! And mayo! haha! That will make them soooo much more appealing.
Old 01-10-2013, 10:23 AM   #437
Major LCF Poster!

Day 9: Blaahh. I feel off today. My diet consisted of some popcorn at work, and some eggs at lunch. I can't describe it but I feel hungry but once I eat something my appetite disappears, but yet I feel hungry-ish still, if that makes sense. Still no weighing. Workout tonight. I may try on some of my jeans to see how they fit instead of getting on the scale. Saturday we were invited to a BBQ which I am already stressed about, I hate to mess up my mojo but will find it hard to resist the food there. I already know I am not drinking any alcohol....
Old 01-10-2013, 01:03 PM   #438
Senior LCF Member

Thank you, I hope to be feeling better soon! I keep being amazed at how supportive people are when they find out, and how many people are either also on something similar... Makes me feel a little more normal, anyway : )

Ok, you have just confirmed to me that there is SOMETHING with hcg and chocolate... I did not used to crave chocolate ever, and my 23534th round of hcg I would all of a sudden just go to the pantry and eat like 88 mini snickers... So weird. And now it's a permanent love affair with chocolate <3 So no judging here on the chocolate, esp since you were still under on cals; amazing!

BBQ's in January is something that I didn't know existed until this year, haha : ) Way to go on no alcohol... I always screwed myself by saying "Ok, I won't eat any potato chips, so that means I can have booze!" Good luck, you have had SUCH strong willpower so far, and you're already 1.5 weeks finished! I will cross my fingers for some hcg friendly options for you!

Also, as far as feeling hungry but not wanting to eat... that mental hunger is such a beach. I read a thing a while ago on juice fasts that were done by these professional bodybuilder people... Anyway, their typical diets were extremely healthly, no junk food, etc. And they said that by about day 3-4 they had no hunger, but the mental hunger was crazy. POINT being... I think even the best of the best dieters get mental hunger, and maybe it's something more physical than we originally thought. That was a very long random tangent... : )
Old 01-10-2013, 03:47 PM   #439
Major LCF Poster!

I understand completely; or, as much as I can - my BF has similar issues and things at first were very rough but once I began to understand what really is going on with him, I ignore it, tell him to take his medicine, and move on. He has a social anxiety disorder.
Let me tell you, the no alcohol thing isn't much of a feat, considering the two other girls at the BBQ are pregnant. So I don't want to be a boozehound and get all sloppy when they are sitting there, all sober and pregnant. lol. It is only going to be like 60 here but people here are nuts and if the sun is out and it isn't snowing, we BBQ. If it were up to me, I'm okay with staying at home and waiting to BBQ til it's summer.
Mental hunger, you hit the nail on the head. Or cravings, even. I ate some chicken, once again not really hungry, so then I ate a cookie with some almond butter on it. OMG SO GOOD. I think I miss texture, like crunchiness. lol. This round is going to be amazing if I ever reach goal considering I am eating like crap, really. (So yeah, the willpower isn't as strong as my strict protocol round, but I am reigning it in better than my last rogue round).
Old 01-15-2013, 10:23 AM   #440
Major LCF Poster!

I fell off the wagon big time this weekend and unfortunately I think I un-did everything I had accomplished. Back on yesterday and today so far. Today I did have a bit of popcorn but that's been typical so far. I am sticking to it the rest of the week and I think on Saturday and Sunday I'm doing a regular high fat/moderate protein weekend (with HCG). My BF is out of town so I'll be spending a lot of time at my mom and dad's and don't feel like trying to follow my rogueish protocol.
Old 01-16-2013, 10:25 AM   #441
Major LCF Poster!

Today was ok so far. DOWNFALL: some cookies. Okay, 4. Fortunately it seems I've been doing allright with sneaking in a few extra carbs. So lunch will only be an apple. Thinking tonight of going to the groc store to get some bacon, ribeyes, and cream cheese so I have yummy high fat stuff here to eat. I have been keeping up with my workouts so that's good. Otherwise still off the scale and nothing new to say. haha
Old 01-17-2013, 02:49 PM   #442
Major LCF Poster!

Today: Ok I guess. Turkey burger for breakfast, popcorn for lunch, dinner was 2 pieces bacon and 1 egg. Workout today also. Still haven't weighed. I think I'm losing much slower than usual which isn't surprising considering I've been snacking a bit this time round.
Old 01-20-2013, 08:46 AM   #443
Major LCF Poster!

This weekend was oookkkk. I have now been in the habit of skipping my drops for two days and eating low carb. Yesterday was low carb but waaaay too high in calories. Today will be low carb also. I feel okay. I am definitely losing a lot slower but that's okay with me. Today I'm making spaghetti squash with alfredo sauce. YUM!
Old 01-21-2013, 10:17 AM   #444
Major LCF Poster!

Today's been a higher fat day for me. I have leftover squash with alfredo sauce probably enough for today and tomorrow. Then who knows - keep going on the higher fats? I need to cut back on all this rogueness so I can hurry up and be done with it.
Old 01-22-2013, 03:45 AM   #445
Major LCF Poster!

My plan is fat fasting today and tomorrow. Cream cheese is on the menu. That's it. lol. Since that's only 800 cals tonight for dinner I might make bacon or something. I gotta get myself back on track again.
Old 01-23-2013, 05:12 PM   #446
Major LCF Poster!

Fat fast day 2, hcg day 21 I think. I feel like I'm getting nowhere but have no one to blame but myself. I guess I could figure that I would be losing really slowly if I was doing any other plan. But still, I love those instant gratifaction feelings when you lose 10 pounds in a week. lol. My goal is to hit my goal by mid-March. I think I can do it at least by then. Tomorrow is going to be steak and veggies since I am going to lunch with my mom and aunt. I have a job interview tomorrow, WOOT WOOT!! I hate to say it but I have a feeling about this one! But there is still that voice that nags me that says that I am wasting my time on these interviews since every single one has fallen through so far. Fingers crossed regardless.

So my menu yesterday was 4 oz of cream cheese (plain, yeah....), pork rinds with ranch dressing, and bacon. Oh, and some cheese. I think about 1100-1200 cals. Today was te same, minus the cheese, and I made mock danishes with the cream cheese instead of eating it plain. UM they were gross. Like scrambled eggs with sugar and cream cheese. I think I need to find another recipe for cream cheese lol. Or maybe add some sugar free preserves might jazz them up a little.
Old 01-25-2013, 10:22 AM   #447
Major LCF Poster!

Yesterday I had a ribeye and a salad with bleu cheese dressing. A small piece of bread. A coffee from Starbucks. That was it - high cals, high fat, but still not really a lot of food for the day. Today has been a mock danish, an avocado with ranch, and not sure about later. The mock danish I had to tweak the recipe and it is muuuuch better. I used 4 oz of cream cheese, and just one egg. I added some sweetener to the mixture and then I microwaved on low. I also added a bit of SF jam. It ended up tasting much more like a danish.
Old 01-28-2013, 06:09 PM   #448
Senior LCF Member

Wow, it sounds like you're doing so great!! Ugh, wish I was 3 weeks in with you! Are you planning on doing hcg all the way through march?

I have been trying to just have a calorie deficit each day and work out... It's going ok, and I'm pretty much in the 156-158 range. Sooo ready to start losing fast!!

Let me know about the job interview, I have my fingers crossed for you!!
Old 01-28-2013, 06:10 PM   #449
Senior LCF Member

Oh, and I did a Zumba class and lovvvved it!!! It kicked my butt and was so fun!!
Old 01-28-2013, 06:47 PM   #450
Major LCF Poster!

Hello stranger! It may sound like I am doing great but I am not. Losing so super duper slow. Which I'm okay with 'for now' bc a loss is a loss is a loss and I think it will make maintaining easier. But I am battling some sort of stomach problem, I feel like even if I barely eat and I am constantly bloated/full feeling all the darn time. Like today I had some eggs and some SF jello, some PB and a frozen Atkins meal, well under 1000 calories for the day and I am soooo bloated and distended feeling.

Good for you on the workouts!! Zumba is fun, but I had to stop b/c my living room is too small and it's hard to do on carpet. haha! I also had to stop my other workouts for now because of some serious water retention, esp in my legs. They felt so swollen and heavy and were in constant pain. I'm not sure if I've talked about it on here but I had vein surgery a little over a year ago and sometimes they still bother me.

Anyway, how are things going otherwise? I should hear back from the interview later this week. The job is sososo entry level and the pay is kinda low, but they made it pretty clear that it is just a stepping stone and a way to get into the company. So that is something to look forward to.