Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-28-2012, 05:21 PM   #391
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: RileyWorm
been eating 'ok'. could be better, but since i've discovered that i can eat basically whatever i want and maintain, i've been doing just that. so, nothing gained over thanksgiving, thank god! and when i say 'anything' i don't mean i just chow down on crud all day but if i want a cookie i eat it and if i want fries i have them, and then i eat healthy and low carb the rest of the day/the next day. you get the idea.
i had a pretty bad scare with my fur baby this week, thank god that is over. she ate a huge length of plastic, probably 3 feet long, and maybe 4 inches wide? she snatched it up and ate it before i got a really good look. anyhoo, it's been a nervous waiting game, i even had been taking her to my moms so someone could watch her during that day in case she got distressed. well, a few bouts of diarrhea and some vomiting, i've been feeding her boiled chicken and rice, and voila! 5 days later she pukes all the plastic. what a relief.
anyway. my job is up in a couple weeks, luckily i have two interviews lined up already. one is another temp and the other is a permenant position i scored the interview on my own. fingers crossed.
time to start thinking about christmas! do you have your decorations up or any shopping done? neither here. ready to put up my tree!

WOE: General Low Carb
Goal: 20 lbs to lose
9/14 - 5 lbs down, 15 to go.
RileyWorm is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 12-01-2012, 09:21 AM   #392
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: MsHistory
Stats: 163/148/125-130?
WOE: Hhcg
Start Date: February 2011
I knowwww, oh my gosh I'm so ready to feel skinny again! I haven't worked out in over a week, and I've been eating nothing but carby crap. Shame on me!!!! Def ready for our January round! I'm thinking I may try to replicate my very first round (I kept a log of what I ate each day) since it may help me to have an exact plan on what I will be eating. The hardest part will be no drinking... ugh.
I looooooved St Louis!!! I feel like I didn't even get to see it all, and would love to go back! The arch was amazing BUT... I am claustrophobic and my BF had to hold me in the tram as the doors were closing. And once we got up there, BF looked like a ghost because he could feel it swaying, haha. So I'm glad we did it, but I don't think we'll need to do it again. Ever, haha. We went out in Soulard, and then the next morning we got some StL style pizza (AHHHMAZING!!!!!!!) in a cool little area by the arch/river. We also drove around and looked at some cool abandoned buildings... that city is seriously amazing!
I'm so excited to hear that Lincoln was so good!!! I saw the trailer and wasn't too excited, but I will def put it on the to do list! This is embarrassing, but I totally LOVVVED the new Breaking Dawn… I loved the last two books (didn’t care for the first two), but hate how idiotic the hype has made that whole series become… I feature the same thing happening with the Hunger Games, unfortunately. (Which, BTW, is waiting until November 2013 for the 2nd movie?!)

Who (or what) is/are The Cards?

So scary about your puppy, and I'm so glad she's okay! Silly girl... good thing she has you to take care of her! : ) I didn't realize WF was a temp job? Good luck with the interviews, and nice job landing the permanent interview! Super exciting! I am having no luck in the job area... I'm going to see what happens at the beginning of the year, but I'm leaning towards going back to school and just finding something part-time... Idk, it's so frustrating! (as I'm sure you know!)
Yesterday, I finally got most of the BF's Christmas shopping done. He is back in Indiana, and I'm leaving to go back on Monday, so this was really my only chance to do it. No decorations up, and since we'll be gone until Thursday before Christmas, I'm not really sure if I'm going to put anything up. Is that terrible? haha : ) Plus, all our decorations are still in Wyoming so... Anyways, hopefully I can finish my Christmas shopping online from Indiana!
It's December and I'm wearing a tank top today... Idk if I'm ready to go back, haha! But the good thing is that now we'll be able to go to Louisville AND hopefully go back the Nashville, yay! I also found a place in Indiana called Santa Claus that looks like it might be a fun day trip? Anything else up there I should see? Springfield is like 4 hours away, so idk if I can talk anybody into that one... : (
MsHistory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 10:30 AM   #393
Major LCF Poster!

So so so ready for skinny jeans again too! Of course the two pieces of turtle pie I ate for breakfast won't help. I think I'm going to fat fast this week, I have cream cheese in the freezer begging to get used. Hopefully I can drop a few doing that, between that and trying to stick to some protein days maybe....
Haha, yeah the arch is a little scary! I've only been up twice when I was younger - haven't felt the urge to do it again soon but still a cool experience. I love the museum underneath too. So where did you go in Soulard? and where did you get pizza? Some people hate STL style so glad you liked it! I love it, myself.
I loved Breaking Dawn also, I think it was the best movie of all! Even though the last book was kindof my least fave ( I am Team Jacob so I loved New Moon I admit it!) And I'm over the Hunger Games hype too. I don't get it. The books were good, I mean nothing spectacular, I hated the 3rd book, but these kids are going nuts over the stuff! I liked the movie and will see the rest too but not getting all the excitement...
The Cards = St. Louis Cardinals!! Best thing to do in STL! The game then the bars after! So much fun.
I have nothing really done for Xmas yet, been busy with work and school and then having so much to do on the weekends. Sometime this week hope to get my decorations up and get at least one gift bought next weekend. I have to downscale big time on my spending this year which sucks but with my gas costs with driving to work I am so broke. Grr. The job only has two more weeks, and i have one interview tomorrow. Cross fingers cuz its the permenant job! Yeah the job at WF is temporary, unfortunately they aren't hiring anyone on full time (that I know of yet) they said it's not in the budget. Whatever but glad for the experience since it helped me land this interview tomorrow.

I think in Indiana (unsure where?) there is a theme park called Holiday World that is supposedly pretty fun. Never been that way so don't have much to suggest - I think there might be lots of Amish communities that way also which maybe would be fun. Either way have fun!!! How close are you to Chicago? There's some cool stuff to do there also, though personally I hate Chicago and have no desire to go there anytime soon but still some stuff worth doing. Wearing tanks and flips here too, loving this weather!
Old 12-02-2012, 01:43 PM   #394
Senior LCF Member

Ohhhhhh the Cardinals, ha! I get it : ) I would LOVE to see one of their games, but I sort of hope we're not still in Indiana by the time baseball season starts, haha. Unless we're BOTH working there...
I didn't know you could freeze cream cheese; brilliant! Let me know how your FF goes! Since I'm going back on the road idk what I'll do for a WOE. This past week I have at least been good about tracking everything I eat, even though it just reaffirms that I am eating like 135% of the calories I should be eating... And going out last night on the Riverwalk definitely didn't help! (But it was a blast!)
In Soulard we went to Molly's for a while, and then we walked to a place a block or so away that had karaoke (let's not talk about that, haha). It didn't seem like there were tons of places to go in that area?
I got BF's Christmas shopping done, phew! AND, since I felt like such a scrooge after saying I wasn't doing any decorating, I got some adorable glitter reindeer at the dollar store and made a cute little wall hanging. So hopefully when we get back, it will feel a little Christmassy at our house! : ) I still have tons of other shopping I'll have to do online from Indiana, which is fine because it all has to be shipped to Wyoming anyway!
I'm excited to hear how the interview goes tomorrow! GOOD LUCK!!!!
I looked it up, and Holiday World is in Santa Claus!!! Weird!! BUT... it's closed until May : ( Seems weird, since it's called HOLIDAY World...?? And Chicago is about 5.5 hours away, and it doesn't sound like it's worth the drive, haha!
Let me know how your interview goes!!
Old 12-02-2012, 01:57 PM   #395
Major LCF Poster!

Molly's is fun! There are lots of bars in Soulard area but the problem is, if you're not sure where they all are it can be hard to navigate. It requires a bit of walking, none of the bars are really in a row. Usually when we go down we only go to a few since it's a pain to walk everywhere. lol. And driving isn't always the best idea.
Got my tree up (no ornaments because I'm not up to the task of digging in the closet, that would open a whole other can of worms that I'm not up for today - I'm in desperate need of organization and purging!!) and decorations outside but since it's 70 degrees today it feels strange!
Good thing I checked back on here - forgot to get the cream cheese out! It freezes well but it does change the consistency a bit - it gets a little crumbly so if you make cheesecake or something it alters the texture a bit but still tastes the same. I'll probably make chocolate muffins with it. Then planning on coffee with cream, eggs w butter, and burgers with mayo to round it all out. Hopefully I have no problems cuz sometimes I get really lethargic the first day or two on FF. But I love the results and I need a quick fix! I have no patience with dieting for a month to lose only a few pounds.
Bummer about holiday world! How much longer are you in Indiana? Have you been going back and forth to Texas in the meantime? I envy your opportunity to travel but it must get tiring with all the packing! Chicago is 'alright' but if you're like me and you're used to midwest/southern hospitality it can be a real eye opener.
I got BF exhaust for his four-wheeler- actually HE called me and said he found a good deal on it online and had to order it so I paid for half since it was exp. So he already has full use of it and will have nothing to open. He keeps asking me what I want but he got me that ring for my bday and it was more money than I wanted him to spend, so I told just to buy me some nail polish I've been wanting. Isn't that lame? lol.
Thanks for the well wishes on the interview, the job would be amazing if I get it but as usual not getting any false hopes yet. I hate the disappointment but must remind myself that eventually I will get positive news from all these darn interviews!
Old 12-04-2012, 05:28 PM   #396
Major LCF Poster!

Well, I 'think' the interview went really well, but we'll see. Apparently I suck at reading their reactions, etc. The position is part of the consulting division for a CPA firm so it requires traveling to different banks, financial institutions etc. I was told that they limit overnight travel to only 4 nights per month, so that's not too bad. But it sounds really fun so fingers crossed they call me back for round 2, which is a tour of the office and meeting the partners, and lunch with the team. SOOO since things are moving along on that front I 'think' I am starting a quick round of hcg tomorrow I think. I can break at Xmas. Super rogue, of course. Starting off with a fat fast for two days. Then just protein and veggies, with added fats. No alcohol! I just hate being this weight and I don't have much to lose - I will probably lose what I want in the first week anyway. Since I will have to be buying lots of new work clothes I want to be lower weight if I get this job. GOsh I hope I get it! AAHHH!H!! I hate not having a plan right now! I really really REALLY don't want to go back to my other job!

And hey I never got to ask you if you used your ItWorks wrap and what you thought! I have a stash built up for summer for cellulite. lol
Old 12-05-2012, 05:22 AM   #397
Major LCF Poster!

Menu for today: Day 1 Rogue HCG, fat fast
B - scrambled eggs, 2 slices bacon, coffee with cream (guesstimating around 400-500 cals total)
L & D - cream cheese muffins, 800 calories worth.
I will be above the 1000 recommended for fat fasting but *shrugs*. I work up starving so I thought fatty protein would be best. I didn't want to zip through my muffins at 5 am. lol.
Old 12-06-2012, 04:56 AM   #398
Major LCF Poster!

Menu today:
B - coffee/H&H (out of cream and at work only have H&H), eggs and 2 slices bacon
Snacks throughout the day: cream cheese muffins
D - hamburger patty with a bit of cheese

Everytime I go rogue and count the calories they seem so low, and then I realize that really I'm not eating any differently than I usually do; I think I need to work on getting my calories up higher after this round and maybe maintenance will be easier. Of course when I say my calories are low that's only during the week when I try, not counting the weekends when I eat pizza and drink 3 bottles of wine. lol.
I can definitely feel some slimming down from yesterday, is that possible? lol. I got onthe scale and it was higher than I thougth - 147.2 I suspect that I was closer to 148-149 than I thought. Anywho, tomorrow will be the real test; going with my mom and cousins to a holiday craft show and that means there will be tons of food to sample. Then we are going out to eat. I have to figure out what I'm going to eat throughout the day so that I don't damage myself too much at night.

My dog threw up more plastic yesterday morning! Isn't that crazy?! I almost think that she ate more at another time but can't think of when she was unsupervised to eat it. So strange. She was acting like a nut yesterday but I think she got it all up, and after I gave her pepcid to ease her stomach she was back to herself (not sure if the pepcid had anything to do with it, who knows).
Old 12-09-2012, 11:58 AM   #399
Major LCF Poster!

Fell off the wagon - hard. Tomorrow is another day.
Old 12-10-2012, 10:32 AM   #400
Senior LCF Member

Hey, how is the hcg going?! One day off the wagon is no biggie... esp with how fast you seem to lose! : ) And it looks like you've been doing really well at no cheating and keeping your menus on track! Gosh I am not looking forward to always feeling hungry/unsatisfied... But I was just looking at some pictures from Summer 2011, and I would REALLY REALLY like to fit into those shorts again!!! I may put up those pictures during my round to maintain motivation...
BF and I saw Lincoln. He didn't really like it, which is weird because he is usually the one who wants to watch boring History Channel documentaries, haha. I actually LOVED it! (Even if it was a little slow...) I have always been fascinated by Lincoln, and I love how they portrayed him. I've always had a hard time imagining how someone so soft spoken could be such a powerful person. I also liked how they didn't sugar coat Mary Todd Lincoln's depression... such a great movie. I hope DD Lewis, Sally Field, and TL Jones all rake-in the awards!
I am sick, feel like crap, so haven't worked out in forever... blah. No idea what I weigh, but clothes still fit about the same. Boo!
Old 12-10-2012, 11:11 AM   #401
Major LCF Poster!

My BF didn't like it as much as I did, he said there wasn't enough violence or cussing. lol. I think he was expecting more of a 'war' movie. I loved it though! I agree about the awards too. I love DDL!!!! The film is mostly based on Team of Rivals, which I started reading but it's one of those books that you really gotta focus and read every line (I'm a super quick reader so I miss alot!)
The hcg is nonexistant for today. I woke late, didn't get a chance to pack everything that I needed. My stomach has been not well, and my throat has been hurting so I think I might be getting sick too. It seems people here at WF are always sick and we never get a chance to recover duz you just keep catching it over and over. I hope you get better soon!
I'll probably hop back on the hcg train tomorrow. This weekend was sooo bad, me and my GF ate a WHOLE BUCKET of buttery popcorn at the movies!!! That is what happens when you don't eat before you go. THen I had Burger King yesterday.
Today at least has been LC. So tomorrow is another day. I will definitely be doing another round with you in January. lol.
Old 12-11-2012, 05:18 AM   #402
Major LCF Poster!

Yesterday was fine, food-wise. I found out I'm not being called back for a 2nd interview as a followup to the one I had last week. Disappointing but I"m determined not to let it bother me and stay determined! Sent out another 20 job applications yesterday so fingers crossed. I'm hoping to get another assignment with the temp agency but we'll see.

Anywho, I should've known my hcg attempt would be short lived. I'm going to try a diet I did probably 8 years ago again, it is similar to JUDDD and I had excellent results on it. The down days are more structured and you are given a food list so I should have a better chance at succeeding than I did on JUDDD. I had always wanted to go back to this diet but couldn't find my information on it - thank you Pinterest, I found it on there!
Old 12-11-2012, 07:59 AM   #403
Senior LCF Member

Ugh, so frustrating about the interview, dang! 20 applications though, holy moly... that in and of itself is a huge feat! : ) Yesterday I had a small "oh crap, what am I going to do since my degree is now useless" moment... Dang this recession!!!!!
I'm interested in the new diet, so keep me posted! Gotta love Pinterest... I had a friend who did that military diet (I think it was that one?) and she had okay results... but she also has more to lose than either of us, so idk if that's why.
At least popcorn doesn't have too many calories! : ) Also, everybody keeps talking about how bananas are soooo good for you and good as pre-workout fuel... Aren't they basically carby-sugar-bombs? How is that good for a workout? Am I mistaken here? (Great, Pinterest is making me question my wisdom...)
Speaking of books, I just can't really get into 50 Shades! What the heck is wrong with me?! Haha : )
Old 12-11-2012, 07:59 AM   #404
Senior LCF Member

Just saw your "10 pounds to goal" signature --- SOOOOO jealous! Nice work!!!
Old 12-11-2012, 08:50 AM   #405
Major LCF Poster!

Argh I lost my post! Anyway!!!
Where are you in the book? It starts to pick up about chapter 8 or 9 in book one. I have to admit it's probably not for everyone; I thought it was kinda slow too but got into it then. I am actually re-reading them again. Once you get into it they go pretty quick and I had to take a break from my Lincoln reading. I have two other books I picked up at the Lincoln museum when we went I'm excited about; one was the staff pick at the museum, it's just a biography; and the other one is about Mary Todd and the rest of the family and descendents after LIncoln died - and it talks about her depression, etc..
The military diet is exactly what I'm talking about! I did it about 8 years ago? I did two weeks, 3 days each week and I lost 9 pounds. I would be happy with that right now so giving it another go. I had to slightly mix things up today since I don't have all the proper foods; the only sub I've done so far is almonds instead of peanut butter, and I only had american cheese. I read on the website no substitions but when the info I had the first time allowed substitutions as long as the foods were similar and same calories. I'm skipping the ice cream and keeping cream with my coffee. Other than that plan to follow it fairly close, once I get home and get organized after work. I love the rogue hcg but no matter how rogue I go, there's no stopping me on the weekends from indulging a bit. I remember when I did this diet the last time I didn't watch what I ate AT ALL the other 4 days of the week. I'm sure that this time won't be so easy, just planning to keep it relatively low carb. Not sure about the banana thing; I think some people believe that because it's fruit, it has to be good for you - part of the whole fats are bad, carbs are good thing.
Don't be too excited about the 10 pounds, it's the same 10 I've needed to lose since June! Lol. 10 to be at my comfort level, and another 3-4 to be at my lowest of last early summer. I'm with you on the pics for motivation!! And I need to start tanning too. I'm getting my winter depression. lol.
Old 12-11-2012, 10:35 AM   #406
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Felina
Stats: 250/125/120
WOE: Atkins! HCG
Start Date: 7/3/11 Atkins, 12/11/11 hhcg, rxhcg
Do u have a link where I can research the military diet?
Felina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 11:40 AM   #407
Senior LCF Member

I'm about 70% of the way done... It's not that I dislike it; it's just that I'd rather be on Pinterest, haha. (And usually, a good book can win over Pinterest!)
9 pounds in 2 weeks is AMAZING!! Were you able to keep it off? And how hard are the 3 days on the diet? Are you hungry all the time? I did some reading, and I'd like to try it too! I think my friend did a different one, bc it had "all fruit" days and stuff like that... Anyways, I'm anxious to see how it goes for you!
I TOTALLY hear you about winter depression, I was feeling it two days ago... It's been SOOOO dark and dreary here for sooooo long. Ugh! Tanning is a great idea, I used to have to do that in MT! I'm so ready to go back to TX! : )
Old 12-11-2012, 03:25 PM   #408
Major LCF Poster!

Hi Felina! Try googling the 3 day military diet since I'm not sure what I can share on here. It should bring up results that state the parameters. I believe the principles behind it lie in the calorie cycling - NOT the 'chemical reactions' etc that it claims. The info I had on it at one time said you could sub stuff out, but essentially have to keep under 1000 calories a day (3 days a week). I think that's the reasoning behind the food choices you get.
I remember too when I did it before I would sub in that weight watchers soup I make.

I don't really remember how long I kept it off but back then I would do a diet for a month, lose a ton of weight, and then go back to eating whatever I wanted and gain it all back. So - I think if you're mindful of it you can keep it off. This time, I plan to keep it pretty low carb like I typically eat (minus the Burger King!!) though the diet claims you can 'eat whatever you want'. But I figure 3 days a week is easier than 500 calories every day. Plus gives me some freedom on the weekend. I'm already dreaming of ribeye. lol

It's not tooo hard - today I was a bit hungry this afternoon. What I ate today was: 5 saltines and almonds (instead of toast and peanut butter), lunch time was 5 saltines, some ham, and some green beans, and dinner is fish and cauliflower. So I'm not following it exactly today but I subbed stuff all around. Tomorrow I will follow it more closely since I had more time tonight to prepare my food for tomorrow. I don't plan to eat the hot dogs like it says to, or the grapefruit either. And no ice cream since I'm keeping my HWC in my coffee.
So tomorrow my day is going to be toast with an egg, lunch will be saltines with tuna and probably some cheese, and dinner will be fish and cauliflower again.

What can I say, I'm addicted to Pinterest too. Sooo many things to keep me preoccupied from doing things around this house and getting motivated to register for school. lol. Reading Fifty Shades, pinning, painting my nails...I can always find something more important to do than responsible stuff. lol. You probably at the part where I really got into it; it starts to actually get somewhat of a 'plot' and the other two books have more of a plot too.

Let me know if you decide to do it! We can keep each other motivated!

Last edited by RileyWorm; 12-11-2012 at 03:29 PM..
Old 12-12-2012, 11:13 AM   #409
Major LCF Poster!

Going well. Haven't weighed and don't plan on it until all 3 days are up. Then I'll weigh again after my 4 days before I start the next 3. Flushing some water weight out, I can tell. Yesterday was harder than today.
Old 12-14-2012, 10:01 AM   #410
Senior LCF Member

Gahh, I hate limiting calories... How is it going so far?

I just wanted to let you know really quick that I finished 50 shades last night and am definitely into it now : ). I would have cried at the end of the book but my bf was next to me and would have thought I was nuts, haha!
Old 12-14-2012, 02:04 PM   #411
Major LCF Poster!

AAaahhhHH!! Are you reading the copy I sent you? I'm glad it worked! I was worried. The next two books are enjoyable also. I bet you can't wait to find out what happens next!!

The diet went fine. Today has been a super low carb protein day so far. Wine later with a friend so I will be down tomorrow no matter what, but hate the rebound after. I'm down 3 total. I'm doing it again next week Tues, Wed, Thurs. By day 3 it was easy breezy. And today I'm considerably less hungry than usual.

Watching coverage of that school shooting in CT right now. Why I'm doing this to myself I don't know. Heartbreaking.

Today was my last day at WF. Onto bigger and better things, right/! I have an interview on Tuesday with the Missouri Department of Finance so fingers crossed! (Like always!) I'm off Monday and Tuesday and back to work for the fam on Wednesday. So the days off will be reallllly nice.

How're things going with you? Are you still in Indiana?
Old 12-16-2012, 11:16 AM   #412
Major LCF Poster!

Too much alcohol and eating out this weekend. I am severely bloated. Today I'm keeping it super LC and high protein, and that's the plan tomorrow. Hopefully I get these few pounds of bloat down quickly. As usual, super frustrated and ready more than ever to do another round.
Old 12-19-2012, 03:37 PM   #413
Major LCF Poster!

I'm like a record on repeat. When will I learn to stop whining and wondering why I'm getting nowhere when I eat like I do?! Actually, the thing is I don't think I really eat alllll "that" badly but my metabolism is in need of repair. Hopefully the higher carbs I've been partaking in will help for when I truly get with the program and get serious.
Unfortunately the holidays are coming up so it will be hard for me to stick to much of anything. I have a plan of what I want to do, and it doesn't involve HCG at the moment. I'm leaning towards more of a South Beach approach. We shall see. Once I get serious it might be time to start a new journal too. I'm going to boil some eggs tonight for an egg fast tomorrow. I got a work out in today too so that's another upward trend.
Anyways, hope you (all) are having a wonderful holiday season! I have all my shopping done - just need wrapping now. I think I might take a break from here until I figure things out.
Old 12-20-2012, 09:54 AM   #414
Senior LCF Member

Finally back in Texas, wooooo!!!! Which also meant facing the scale... even though I've been pretty good about working out (about 3x's/week for the last couple months, which is amazing for me!) and keeping a food log (which I'm always over on calories) I am UP SIX POUNDS. I think some of it is water retention from flying/eating a crapload of salt. But still...
Ok, on a good note, I think I've come up with a resolution that will FORCE me to stick to my guns. (And hopefully HCG will help me get there somewhat quickly...) Ready for it? Starting January 3rd, I will not buy ANY clothes (including shoes/purses/etc.) until I have lost 20 pounds OR am at my HCG set weight (145). I loooove new clothes, so I think this will work to motivate me... PLUS, for Christmas, BF is just giving me money to go shopping with. So I'm going to tell him I want to wait until goal... so when I reach it, it will be like a double reward; you know?
I should probably wait to get my reward until I have successfully maintained 145 during P3, and I'll probably be willing to budge like 1-2 pounds from that goal. SO... hopefully my hcg is still good, and hopefully it will work quickly. I plan to load somewhere between January 2-4 (I will get back home Jan. 4th, so we'll see which day works best...)
I'm sorry you're feeling frustrated right now... I definitely am in the same boat, although I feel like you are MUCH better about watching what you eat than I am. (Shame on me). Definitely do whatever you think will work best for you, but let me know if you still want to do hcg in Jan. Either way, I will probably threadjack your journal because I hate P2!! haha : ) Did you keep a log of your P2 menus and weights? I would love to see yours if you don't mind sharing, and if you want mine I can scan it and send it as well. I'm def going to try to use it as a guide for this round...
I am reading the copies that you sent, and I am super hooked now. I am about 40% done with the 2nd book already, and it's already gotten MUCH better than the first! (At first I was worried that it was going to be like Eclipse and the ENTIRRRRE book would be about them being broken up, so I'm glad she didn't go that route.) I have SO much to do for the couple days that I'm home, but I really just want to read it! Sigh, it will have to wait until my flight on Christmas. : )
Old 12-20-2012, 10:30 AM   #415
Major LCF Poster!

Water retention gets ya everytime. Boooo!!! Plus I ALWAYS retain some pounds when I work out. Usually about 3-4 of water weight. That's awesome about the workouts! What's your routine typically? I always feel SOOO much better when I work out religiously but get so frustrated when the weight doesn't just melt off, ya know?! I think the key to my success will be not weighing like a crazy loon.
I really really want to do hcg again, but I hate not being able to lose any weight without it. I hate being dependant on it! I think that your resolutions will help you a lot. I did the same thing when I did my first strict protocol round (2 years ago now!) I usually always ask for clothes for Christmas and that was the first year I asked for gift cards so that I could go buy "skinny" clothes! I am the same as you, I LOOOOOOVE shopping so if I restrict myself that way, it might help me.
It's not helping that I'm back at my old work and those people bring in treats and food like they are starving. Of course, my own fault for eating it, but it's hard!
I think I will do another round in Jan, but I am going rogue, though not quite as rogue as before. Just adding in extra protein, I think, and a wider variety of veggies. I still can't stomach shrimp, scallops, or tomatoes! lol. Until then, I'm trying to eat super clean. Which I'm doing an 'ok' job, today has been an egg day which I hate but they work well. Tomorrow I'm trying to stick to protein also. And asyou can probably tell I gave up on the military diet. I think I was only down like 2 pounds last week. As much as I'd like to give it another go, I don't think that's the WOE for me right now. It makes me scared for a scary water rebound and not willing to chance it now.
Glad you're liking the books, I'm almost ashamed to say how much I liked them! I'm not a 'romance' reader by any means but I enjoyed them. Now I'm on a bunch of other 'smut' series and feeling like I need to read War and Peace or something. lol. I can email you some more like it if you want.
Enjoy your Christmas back home! Heading back up North I guess! I bet you can't wait.
And please please please threadjack any time you want. I am just as interested in what you're doing than my own miserable failures. lol

Last edited by RileyWorm; 12-20-2012 at 10:32 AM..
Old 12-23-2012, 07:12 AM   #416
Senior LCF Member

Ok, never weigh after a day of flying... I'm only up about 2-3 pounds. Which sucks, but is at least better than 6!
Have you heard anything about the liquid amino diet? I need to do more research, but it sounds pretty similar to hcg...
I'm having a hard time getting into the Christmas spirit this year, but I hope you're enjoying it and have a great holiday! We better live it up this week, haha
Old 12-23-2012, 07:50 AM   #417
Major LCF Poster!

I will have to check it out. The last bottle of hcg I bought is hormone free and contains amino acids that were supposed to mimic the effects of hcg. I thought it worked fine, just as good as the hcg I had before so I wonder if that's similar... I am soooo ready to get it done now! I have to make sure I stock up before Jan 1 so I can get to goal! As of right now I'm floating inbetween 148-150, yikes! Not even weighing anymore until after the holidays. Enjoy your Christmas!
Old 12-25-2012, 06:24 AM   #418
Senior LCF Member

And I'm at 160-161... Super yikes! Haha . Not thinking about it tomorrow (our Christmas) or today... Then cleaner eating until jan and then BAM!! A super easy P2 back down to 145! Haha
I also need to re-read p&i and remember all the rules of p2. Can't wait to fit in clothes again!!!
Merry Christmas!!!
Old 12-26-2012, 10:30 AM   #419
Major LCF Poster!

Fingers crossed! I am staying OFF the SCALE until I start. Not watching it super super close this week cuz we have SOOO many leftovers to go through and I hate wasting food! lol! Which may be why I'm 10-15 pounds UP. My friend from work is off all week and she started yesterday. I hope it just falls off, quickly! I'm not doing a super strict round, but not doing as rogue as I usually do. I'm going to head to Costco and stock up on Turkey burgers for quick lunches and salmon for dinners, and bags of frozen veggies. I'm adding eggs too. Other than that, hope to stick to a few foods cuz once I add too much variety I go too crazy. Hope your Christmas was a good one! Ours was good here, it goes by so quickly then its over! All that preparation!
Old 12-29-2012, 11:43 AM   #420
Major LCF Poster!

All ready for round # 123432890. Starting Jan 2. Plan goes as follows:
B - coffee with limited cream (hardest part is limiting this!); 2 eggs, either scrambled, boiled, or fried with Pam.
L - turkey burgers
D - either cod or salmon, broccoli
So as you can see I'm rogue, but not totally crazy. No measuring proteins, and not adding any fats except the cream in my coffee. Salmon and broccoli are not on the approved list but they are still good healthy foods so I'm keeping them in the rotation.
That's the plan until those things I bought run out. I figure I have enough food for about a week and a half. Then we'll see how that's working and if I need to switch it up, or if I get too sick of it! Not even weighing at all, probably not even before I start. I'm too scared. I've been eating like total crap. So I probably have about 15 pounds to goal of 135.
AND I've put aside all of my Christmas money I got and not touching it until I get to goal. Although I have spent a ton of money at Ulta and Beautyjoint.com the past few days.
ANNNNDDD I bought Rockin' Body from Beachbody! It was 27 with shipping ( I didn't get the deluxe version). I figure a workout video is almost 20 and this comes with 7 different workouts (I think..) I just can't get into doing workout on YouTube or ones I find on Pinterest. So I'll probably do that for a month until I get bored again. lol

Last edited by RileyWorm; 12-29-2012 at 11:47 AM..