Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-08-2012, 09:51 AM   #361
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: RileyWorm
Thank you Julie!
I am sooo nervous, and on top of it I now have the flu! And with it retaining even more water, I can sense it.
RileyWorm is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 10-08-2012, 05:49 PM   #362
Major LCF Poster!

I have the most awful anxiety post-interview, just this horrible sense of dread. The interview went well, but now I am replaying every single detail in my mind and second guessing myself. I guess I am just so used to NOT getting the job that I have already convinced myself I won't get hired. Please keep fingers crossed for me until Thursday when i am supposed to find out for sure!
Old 10-11-2012, 09:19 AM   #363
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: MsHistory
Stats: 163/148/125-130?
WOE: Hhcg
Start Date: February 2011
Sorry I have been MIA for so long, my life somehow imploded... I'll msg you about it sometime.
Anyways, I'm trying to play catch-up; are still doing the hcg with the Dukan diet? And do you dose on the weekends when you know you're going to be bad? I'm chomping at the bit to start hcg again, just trying to pick the right time. (My life has officially decided that there will NEVER be a right time, so I guess the BEST time...) I'm still hanging in the 155-160 range (depending on what I did the day before) and my jeans are RIDICULOUSLY tight... I'm happy they fit, but worried they may slice me in half by the end of the day!
So far today Greek Yogurt with strawberries and Splenda... I know I'm being bad for dinner (Homemade Mexican food and drinks) so I'm trying to reign it in this morning!
I've missed this place!
MsHistory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 10:14 AM   #364
Major LCF Poster!

Welcome back!! Ah you were missed here!! Hope everything's going okay with you, would love to hear what you've been up to!
I only did HCG for like 2 weeks. I just couldn't keep on track. Now I'm somewhat doing the Dukan but need to get recommitted. Yikes. Still down 3 total so better than nothing. And you are right about the jeans, I know just what you mean! I am just happy I can still fit them over my butt and button them! lol!
SOOOO, I didn't get the job either. Luckily I was convinced already I didn't get it but still let down because I still had some hope. And really looking forward to starting a new job at this company, but oh well. Hopefully something else turns up soon.

WOE: General Low Carb
Goal: 20 lbs to lose
9/14 - 5 lbs down, 15 to go.

Last edited by RileyWorm; 10-11-2012 at 10:16 AM..
Old 10-14-2012, 03:15 PM   #365
Senior LCF Member

I messaged you on FB with my life story, haha : )

Anyways, I'm still in diet limbo... trying to figure out how I can commit to another round of hcg while travelling, and I really don't think that's going to be possible. Wish somebody would come up with a carb/booze only diet that worked!!!
Old 10-15-2012, 12:49 PM   #366
Major LCF Poster!

Aaaah that would be nice. Too much booze for me lately - I think I've resigned to the fact that right now is NOT a good time for dieting - I have to wait until November or January - As long as I maintain for the most part and maybe lose abit here and there I'll be satisfied. Grrr. So today was my first protein day in how long - this weekend was awful - Oktoberfest meaning brats, pretzels, beer yikes!! Then a birthday party with cake of course, and cookies, and potato salad - then I topped it all off yesterday with pizza rolls and mashed potatoes!
Hope everything turns up for you soon - not sure if you got my msg -
Old 10-16-2012, 09:21 AM   #367
Senior LCF Member

Ooooh Oktoberfest sounds so fun! Yesterday I ALMOST made it a LC day, (and I worked out!) until I ate pasta for dinner, wth? Leftovers are the devil. And booze. Still hovering at about 158, yikes.

B: Chicken Broth, Little Smokies (Weird, I know...)
L:Taco Salad
D: Cheese Stuffed Ravioli in White Lobster Sauce and SEVERAL Capt/Diet Cokes

How did your protein day go?
Old 10-16-2012, 10:31 AM   #368
Major LCF Poster!

It was an almost sorta fail - I realized at the last minute my class schedule was changed for this term, so I had class last night so I had to grab something quick - sausage and crackers, and then a brownie - OMG the ravioli sounds sooooo good! I haven't had pasta in ages. Real pasta - with yummy sauce!! Today is going to be a miss also - my mom is making home made chicken pot pie for dinner, I can't pass that up! So far I'm maintaing and even losing alittle - just eating low carb all day and then whatever at night. I lost weight once doing this before so maybe it will work for me again! Dieting sucks so bad! I am so glad that you are with me on this - my friends just don't get it! They are all pretty much naturally thin, and even if they do work at it they just count calories and BOOM back in skinny pants. Wish it worked that way for me!!
Old 10-21-2012, 12:42 PM   #369
Senior LCF Member

Ugh, dang skinny beaches! That was one thing that irritated me at the end of Portia deRossi's book... so she just stopped caring and sometimes she eats an entire bag of potato chips and still maintains a thin 130 pounds? Whatever...
STS today around 158, BUT my favorite pair of jeans doesn't fit : ( And they fit last week, and I still weigh the same so... wth?! I have been an emotional basket case the last couple days though, and I ate chinese buffet last night so... hopefully I will be able to jump/wiggle/squeeze/tuck/suck back into them again. Not sure what all the emotional crazy is about, but I guess that means I won't be starting hcg today. I really wish I could figure out what that's all about, because I have a hard time distinguishing between emotion and real sadness/anger every now and then, and it makes me feel like a total psycho.
Anyways, so far today:
B: GY w/strawberries and splenda
L/D: will probably be carby leftovers... I need to go grocery shopping, but am having a hard time without picking a specific WOE!
Old 10-21-2012, 06:51 PM   #370
Major LCF Poster!

UGH ME TOO, I was just coming on here to vent. SOOO freaking bloated from the weekend and I am finding myself eating more and more carby crap. I want to go back to Dukan and just STICK WITH IT for crying out loud! We are going out to eat on Tuesday night for my birthday but hopefully I'll be able to stick to a plan this week. OH, and I start a new job this week! Wooott!!! It is only a temp job but fingers crossed it may turn into something more perm! So HCG for now is out - I would hate to start such a low restricted cal diet when I start my new job.
Old 10-22-2012, 08:58 AM   #371
Senior LCF Member

I'm trying to pack for Indiana and literally can't find a SINGLE outfit that doesn't make me feel like a whale... and I'm actually down a pound to 157 today, what the heck is going on?!?! I also decided to stop taking BC yesterday AND started taking St John's Wort. (the reason I never started taking SJW before was because it can make BC ineffective). I'm going to give it a month and see if that helps with the craziness because yesterday was ridiculous... The bad thing is, I just spent $300 on BC pills and now I have no idea which method to try. Gosh I hate being female sometimes!
Hooray for birthday dinner!! Which restaurant are you picking? Any idea what you're getting for presents? I love birthdays; are you celebrating this weekend?
ALSO congrats on the new job! I assume it's in the same line of work? Hopefully you love it there and they extend it to a permanent position. GOOD LUCK! : )
Old 10-22-2012, 10:34 AM   #372
Major LCF Poster!

I know the feeling! I don't understand the bloaty/size thing/weight fluctuations either. Good luck with the no BC and St. John's wort. That may help you alot!
We are all going to 54th St - I had to pick a restaurant that had a wide variety of choices bc my aunts are all picky (just a bday dinner with my grandma, mom, and dad's sisters, all 5 ) The BF is working. :/ I'll probably get money or a GC from all of them. From the BF I already got a diamond infinity ring (which I picked out myself, lol!) It's so cute!
I will let you know more about the job when I start, I am not 100% sure how to describe it. It is at Wells Fargo.
Have fun packing! You are becoming so well-traveled lately! When is the move to Indiana?
Old 10-22-2012, 10:55 AM   #373
Senior LCF Member

Oh my gosh I lovvvve infinity rings!!! Do you have a pic of it on fb? And money and gift cards are always great; who doesn't like a shopping trip for a present?! : ) I think they have 54th Streets in TX... If it's the one I'm thinking of, it was REALLY good!! Good choice!

I have some choice curse words to say about Wells Fargo, but I'm glad you got a position there! My friend worked there for quite a while, so hopefully they're a good company to work for! (Even if their banking is #(*%&#*^(&@ ridiculous, haha.)

Sorry if I was confusing; we're not moving to Indiana. (BF would never leave TX permanently, esp. not to go back up north, haha). His project is up there, so we will be traveling there a lot. I'm leaving tomorrow and will be there 10 days... I'm suuuuuper crossing fingers that we will have a chance to visit either StL or Nashville... hopefully this weekend!
Old 10-22-2012, 01:12 PM   #374
Major LCF Poster!

Oh no! I hope it turns out to be a good place to work - I'm not really working at one of their banks so hopefully I don't run into any problems. I am anxious to get started, I still don't know when I start yet! It will be this week but still waiting for paperwork to get straightened out and security clearances etc.
I pinned the ring a few weeks ago - there's a couple of them I've pinned, this one is one you can design yourself, like if you want birthstones or whatever. Its not on FB cuz people will be like OMG are you getting married?! They all think we are nuts because we have been together so long and not married, and I hate discussing it! lol.
Have fun in Indiana! Let me know if you make it this way!

Last edited by RileyWorm; 10-22-2012 at 01:14 PM..
Old 10-25-2012, 11:02 AM   #375
Senior LCF Member

Hahaha, good point... FB-ing rings is probably a terrible idea! How are things going with the new job? And I hope you had a good birthday! : )

Indiana is so much warmer than I thought it would be; I love it! But it looks like today is the last day of it... Traveling makes it impossible to keep track of ups and downs on the scale, but I have been working out and eating way less than usual. (I think stopping BC and starting SJW is temporarily curbing my appetite, which I'm fine with!) So hopefully by the time I get back to Texas I will have a happy surprise when I get on the scale! Fingers crossed!
Old 10-25-2012, 01:16 PM   #376
Major LCF Poster!

I start on Monday! Yay~ SOOOO nervous and excited at the same time! It HAS been very hot up this way lately - but yeah today is the last of it then 30's at night and 50's during the day. That's awesome about the appetite - I can totally see how bc is to blame. I have noticed the same thing myself. I haven't weighed in a couple days and scared to! I've been eating "OK" but still slip ups almost every day. Hope you have a pleasant surprise when you get home!!
Old 10-28-2012, 01:47 PM   #377
Major LCF Poster!

The day of doom - jeans waaay too tight, okay I should say they don't even button. Starting Dukan protein attack phase tomorrow. It is also the first day of my new job! Packing my lunch for tomorrow. Breakfast will be the oat bran stuff with bit of milk, cinnamon and sweetener and maybe a sausage patty or two. Lunch is turkey and devilled eggs. Dinner will probably be a bunless burger from somewhere since I have to go straight from work to class and don't want to pack any more food for the day. Staying on plan might be easier since I won't be home as much and have to plan my meals now.

Can't wait to hear how Nashville was!!
Old 10-29-2012, 11:52 AM   #378
Senior LCF Member

Ok, Nashville was like VEGAS fun and crazy... and we never even did any of the things on our list, haha. Definitely not going to be seeing any drop on the scale after that weekend, and it was DEF worth it! I already can't wait to go back!
I'm leaving here on Wed. because my Montana bestie is coming to visit me in SA and am SO SO SO gosh dang excited! I feel like it's been so long since I've been able to hang out with close GIRL friends... Hopefully I can keep things reigned in while she's here, but let's be honest. It probably won't happen, haha : )
Good luck today at your first day of work! Being busy can def be good for the diet, as long as you still have some time to meal plan... I'm thinking I may steal your idea and shoot for January and do a real, serious, legit 27 day hcg round.
Old 10-29-2012, 03:51 PM   #379
Major LCF Poster!

Sounds like fun!! We will have to consider going there sometime also. We loved Memphis so Nashville sounds like a good destination next! Work was fine, a bit disorganized and training is BOOORINGGGG but it will be fun once things get going. Awesome about the BF - have lots of fun catching up (and drinking, and eating, and all the fun stuff that goes along with it!) I didn't get a good diet day in today - bagels at work, and mexian tonight with my mom. Tomorrow then. I gotta get at least a few pounds down so I can get my pants on again! AHH!! Then maybe in January after all the hububb calms down then hcg with you.
Old 10-30-2012, 07:18 AM   #380
Senior LCF Member

DEAL!! I could DEF use the help of a drill-sergeant friend during HCG... or at least one who I can steal recipes from! Haha : ) I just found out that BF and I are coming back to Indiana on Monday, so November is out for HCG. So January it is! We should pick dates when it gets closer and really do this!

That stinks about training... hopefully there will be some fun people working there with you to make it more fun! And once training's over, hopefully you will love it!
Old 10-31-2012, 06:31 PM   #381
Major LCF Poster!

today was a good protein day all day - til I handed out candy at mom's. Don't think I did too much damage, but we will see. Staying off the scale because it depresses me too much. As it looks I will DEFN be doing some dieting in Jan! Unfortunately I gotta lose a little before then otherwise I will have nothing in my closet that fits!

Work is okay, finally got through most of the training so we were able to start on some projects today. It is really intensive but fun. Working on money laundering and embezzelment stuff so its pretty interesting.

Did you do anything cool for Halloween? I'm boring, I just handed out candy. lol.
Old 11-04-2012, 12:20 PM   #382
Major LCF Poster!

Time to quit making excuses and get something done. I'm tired of whining that nothing's happening when I'm only putting in a half-a@#*@'d effort. Here's my plan for now. I don't want to do anything to terribly restrictive so this is a start.
1) general low carb eating.
2) workouts AT LEAST every other day. i just pinned an awesome pin that is 24 minute workouts, perfect for half hour tv shows! So no excuses when I'm just SITTING in front of the tv anyway!
3) no scale.
4) no more beer or wine. this is probably the hardest. back to vodka and diet cokes for now.
5) write down what I'm eating. I always struggle with this too, but I think it's important.
my goal is to lose at least 6 pounds before thanksgiving. That's 3 weeks. I think I can do it!

One good positive thing today - I already got paid for last week at my new job and making significantly more money! Woot! Unfortunately now I have more gas expense but if I cut back on other things it should make a difference! (ie no more Ulta/Sephora/Sally's/shoes/nailpolish/clothes!)
Old 11-07-2012, 11:10 AM   #383
Senior LCF Member

That last line of your post it just depressing! Haha : ) I hear you though, I have to quit buying clothes thinking that I just don't have the perfect outfit, when the real problem is what I'm trying to squeeze into my clothes... Everything looks good when you're skinny!

Your plan sounds great! How has it been going so far? I agree with tracking what I eat; it makes me pay much better attention. If you want to track it on here, I always love to hear your menus since you're so much more creative than me!

What are you doing for workouts? I have decided to work out Mon-Fri and take weekends off. M/W/F I'm doing Couch to 5k, and T/Th I'm doing strength training. I found this AMAZING app called Nike+Training... IT IS AWESOME. It's like having a personal trainer, and it completely kicked my butt. Hopefully I can stick with it... so far I've worked out every weekday except for Wed-Thurs last week when the bestie was here. Eating has been a different story... so many carbs. So much food. Ugh.

BF and I are back in Indiana for 2 more weeks. This weekend we are trying to decide between StL and Louisville, yay! And also, I finished Half Broke Horses and finally decided to jump on the bandwagon of women who love Christian Grey...

Glad to hear work is going well and paying better! Woohoo!
Old 11-07-2012, 03:02 PM   #384
Major LCF Poster!

SO how's the book going?! HAHA! I may have to re-read. There is another series of 3 books that are kindof like 5- Shades called Crossfire Trilogy by Sylvia Day. I can email those to you too if you want. How was Half Broke Horses? author? Never heard of it! Worth reading? I'm reading John Grisham's new one, the first I've probably read in 7 years or so. It's pretty good so far.
The plan is going well. I feel better for sure. I was starting to get some horrendous bloat. yuck. Not writing down what I'm eating, whoops! As long as I keep track of the weekends that's what kills me. The workouts are going well too. Typical squats, pushups, etc - no weights for now, about 25 minutes. And I decided to cut out protein shakes again altogether. I suspect that may have been part of my gain over the summer, and I had another 2 pound bump after a week of protein shakes for breakfast. So those are OUT. I don't have an iPhone or android so apps are tricky for me to get. But I will have to keep my eye out if it becomes available for my phone!
My menus the past few days have been coffee with lots of cream, so I don't really eat breakfast. I've been taking little snacky things like laughing cow cheese and boiled eggs, or little containers of chicken salad. Then at lunch I've been eating pre-packaged salads I've bought at the grocery store and adding more boiled eggs. For dinner I've been eating on some Southwest Soup (hamburger, rotel, corn, cream cheese) - but getting seriously sick of that! I am just so tired from my new job I don't even feel like getting up to eat or make anything so I have been really lazy with food prep and cooking.
Enjoy Indiana! Let me know where you decide to go!!
Old 11-08-2012, 07:42 AM   #385
Senior LCF Member

50 Shades started out pretty slow, and was a little bit too reminiscent of Twilight for me, but... I hit Chapter 8 and now my curiousity is picqued, haha : ) It's definitely different than anything else I've ever read, and I'm hoping there is a good plot in addition to all the other goodness in there, haha! And feel free to email all the books you want! Do you remember my kindle address? Half Broke Horses is one of the books off the CD by Jeanette Walls. I REALLY liked it but I'm a history nerd and LOVE books where you also get a feel for what it was like to live during the Great Depression, etc. It's a quick read, so I would def. say to try it!
Way to go on menus the last few days; it sounds like you're doing awesome! And I'm sure you're tired of it, but that soup sounds so yummy! I need to start just getting salads, but I'm always STARVING by the time we go eat so I end up ordering crap... Maybe I'll try to get some snacks (that don't need refrigerated...) for the hotel room. Almonds maybe?
I also know what you mean about protein shakes! For some reason, in P3 when I made them with almond milk, protein powder, eggs (sometimes) and SF syrup they were delicious and helped me with a totally solid maintenance. Maybe the key was the almond milk? Idk bc I can't stand them with just water, and milk is so carby... Gah, I'm ready for P3 again! : )
Old 11-08-2012, 02:53 PM   #386
Major LCF Poster!

haha yep that's right when it starts picking up. the first book has no real plot, just a lot of "romance" lol but the next two books have more of a plot, they are entertaining for sure. I will have to give that other one a try. Sounds like something I would like. I think my friend may have recommended that one to me also now that I think of it.I think I still have your kindle address on FB. I will send you a few more books I've gotten recently.
Past couple of days I've had a horrible flu so haven't felt much like eating, besides the fact my throat hurts so don't think I could really eat much anyway. So the past two days I've had nibbles of salad, boiled eggs, a hot dog, and some greek yogurt. All I really want is a chocolate shake or something!
I think that my protein shakes had too much carbs, and when I would do 2 scoops - my last protein powder was 1 carb per scoop, this kind is 9! I can't blame it all on that but if I lose without it then it's staying out. lol.
SOOO ready for the weekend, this weekend me and some girlfriends (one of them being my friend who's mom just died, I decided she needs a girl's day) are going up to Springfield to do some Lincoln sight-seeing. There's an awesome museum up there, plus we'll go see his house and tomb. SOOO nerdy right?! lol.
Old 11-09-2012, 11:41 AM   #387
Senior LCF Member

WHAT?!?!? I am so so so jealous! I thought I was cool because I ate at a restaurant a couple nights ago where Abe once sat... house AND tomb?! That is so awesome... did you know his tomb wasn't his first burial site, and that he is under like 10 feet of concrete to prevent people from trying to dig him up? That trip sounds SUPER fun, I hope you guys have a blast!
Also hope you feel better soon! Being sick on the weekend is just unfair!
We decided on St. Louis, so I'm supposed to be planning our trip. We're going to go tomorrow and just stay one night... So far the only thing on our list is the Anheuser-Busch brewery and the arches. You should FB message me with any awesome bars or other stuff we need to do! We're going to get a hotel downtown so hopefully we will be close to all the fun stuff!
Old 11-09-2012, 05:09 PM   #388
Major LCF Poster!

you will be close to springfield, you should definitely try to go!! it is sooo much fun. we are also going to new salem where he lived when he first started out as a lawyer. me and bf went a couple of years ago but i've been wanting to go again. still feeling like crap but slowly getting better i guess.
i sent you a long msg on fb but if you get any time at all the zoo here is pretty sweet, and its FREE! its in forest park which also has an art museum and history museum plus lots of other cool stuff to visit. the arch is a must-see, never been on the brewery tour if you can believe that!

Last edited by RileyWorm; 11-09-2012 at 05:10 PM..
Old 11-18-2012, 06:58 AM   #389
Major LCF Poster!

so I saw the new Lincoln movie last night - no words, amazing, a must see!! I would love to go see it again - but its 2 1/2 hours and those theater seats are rough! So now I started reading Team of Rivals which has been on my reading list for-ever but motivated to start it now (1200 pages on Nook!) I also bought 2 books at the Lincoln museum that I'm saving for winter times as they are pretty hefty too.

I got seriously derailed from my plan because I had this sinus infection that would not go away, I'm heading into my 2nd week now and had to go to the doctor earlier this week because I then got an infection in my eyes. So I've not been strict with the eating and no exercise at all because I've been feeling so badly. Anyway, at least I STS at 145. So the plan for this week is 3 protein days up to Thanksgiving. Then hopefully I can get back on the Dukan schedule of protein and protein/veggie days.

So how did you like St. Louis? Hopefully you found something fun to do! You need to come visit when the Cards are playing!
Old 11-20-2012, 04:30 PM   #390
Major LCF Poster!

well yesterday was a total bust - there were these amazing cookies at work, I had 4. then for dinner I had a reuben sandwich, which was disgusting. anyhoo, today WAS a protein day. and i got a workout in. really ready to start another round soon, these 10 pounds i wanna lose would be gone in a little over a week. i'm tired of struggling!