Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-21-2012, 10:27 AM   #331
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: RileyWorm
SO the bodyrock tv wasn't what I thought - the videos only show portions of the exercise, you then have to do the exercises but with time limit - so I would need to get a timer (or just set a goal for reps) and make sure I have the remote handy to pause between sets. There is a girl who posts the exercises in real time but just decided to do my old weight routine. I added burpees this time and will probably continue those. Today I might try the bodyrock tv ab exercises.

Foodwise today: I finally have gotten fed up with any kind of WOE, so I made my old standby 5 can Weight Watchers soup and I am going to eat on that for a few days; breakfast & lunch only and eat a protein and veggie for dinner. That should last me until Thursday, then Friday and the weekend do sensible low carb (NO alcochol!) Then I might make more soup and eat it leading up to our trip the same way (2 meals, then sensible low carb for dinner). I haven't tried on the dress I bought for the wedding yet so hoping it still fits the same! AH!

*Clean eating and daily workouts
*Bikini Body Mommy Challenge
*Month 1 down, Month 2 started 8/12
*Goal: Fit into old clothes and overall fitness
RileyWorm is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-22-2012, 03:06 PM   #332
Major LCF Poster!

I've decided to cut out my protein shakes entirely and also no more workouts for now. I may do some light weight exercises to simply maintain what muscle I did gain, but otherwise dog walks are all I'm doing (I will probably keep up with ab exercises as well.)
146 today - simply weighing to see what affects I'm having from the soup, so far none, and also the fat blockers. Things are finally moving if YKWIM.
So today:
coffee/cream
soup
lunch: soup/some PB
snack: PB (shame on me! must not buy any more for a while!), a bit of mac n cheese, and 2 bites of hot dog (cooking for the BF GR!)
Dinner: eating at a dinner where the menu is set; BBQ porksteaks and green beans. Not going to stress the sauce bc I have no choice.
I will weigh tomorrow just to see if I need to try a CD at all; otherwise no more weighing until prob Monday.
Old 08-23-2012, 10:19 AM   #333
Major LCF Poster!

STS again today. Which means either a) my diligent habits helped lose any water weight gained over the weekend or b) the fat blockers DID work. IDK. Not sure if the tummy troubles are worth it, maybe once in a while if I really plan on splurging.
Today:
coffee/cream; WW soup (I'm out now).
L - a piece of cheese and 2 hot dogs (ugh why are hot dogs always my go-to when I need to shop!?)
D - school tonight so probably a hamburger and salad, or maybe a taco salad?
Old 08-27-2012, 10:25 AM   #334
Major LCF Poster!

I was down 3 over the weekend but I bumped back up. However I think I woke up too early for a proper weigh. I can definitely tell that I'm losing inches, FINALLY! I did end up drinking lots of wine on Saturday. Yesterday was super clean with the exception of a flax seed cookie with PB and some chocolate milk. This week is going to be sketchy cuz trying to NOT go grocery shopping before the trip (so we don't have food here all weekend) so I may be scrounging. I might make a cheesecake and eat on that for a few days.
Old 08-27-2012, 11:38 AM   #335
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: MsHistory
Stats: 163/148/125-130?
WOE: Hhcg
Start Date: February 2011
DOWN 3, awesome.... losing inches HECK YES!!!!!!!!!! That's super exciting!!! And just in time for the big trip, woohoo! Oh my gosh I'm so going back on hcg once my life settles down, I soooo miss that feeling of loose clothes!

I, on the other hand, am gaining inches and developing inner thigh cellulite, ahhhhh! BF works out of town during the week, so I'm hoping to eat clean and only splurge a little on the weekends... Staying with his family, so it's hard to regulate meals. What is the 5 can WW soup? Have you had good results with it before?

So in addition to ballooning up in size, I can NOT do my hair here with the humidity. It looks awful every single day! I'm going to try to look up some youtube videos for help, but do you have any suggestions? I think the humidity is also partially causing my insanely terrible acne, so I'm going to have to figure out a new skincare/foundation routine as well. Ughhhhh! I hate when I have a phase where I just feel ugly; how does everyone else down here manage to look so pretty all the time!? haha

My ma is supposed to forward me the package, so I am super anxiously awaiting!
MsHistory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 01:00 PM   #336
Major LCF Poster!

AHH! humidity!! I have super curly hair so humidity is NOT my friend and it is SO humid here too. I use some sort of silky serum (either Biosilk, Chi, or similar -) and a leave-in conditioner (right now using Garnier)- it helps some - then I'll blow dry with a paddle brush until it is 100% dry, then wait for it to cool (or blast with cool air) - then I use a Chi to straighten, then blast again with hot air (using paddle brush), then cold air to seal it. Finish with either a shine spray or hair spray. That's what I do and it works for me - of course when it is super duper humid I don't even try. But if your hair is not as crazy as mine this might help you. As far as a skin routine not sure how the humidity affects it but I use a moisturizing face wash and nightly face cream, and about every other day use a scrub, and every two weeks I use a chemical peel. If I deviate slightly I immediately break out so it seems to be working. So not sure if that would help you any or not.

I am glad you made it down ok!! That's so exciting! When do you get to move in? I saw that your son started school today! How fun! So have you been searching for teaching jobs also? Or just trying to find whatever?

Ok the soup,
I used to do this weird diet that I think was kindof like JUDDD with calorie cycling (like 10+years ago...). I would eat the WW soup on the low calorie days (the soup is actually either 0 points or 1 point, not sure, if you've ever done WW). I just made it cuz its light, easy and I don't have to stress about choosing what to eat. It is 1 can of Progresso minestrone, 1 can beans (I use kidney beans), 1 can corn, 1 can mixed vegetables, and 1 can diced tomatoes. I also add in a can of green beans so really its 6. I got 6 meals out of it. Higher in carbs but I was getting so stressed out trying to make decisions that weren't working for me...Really you will just drop water weight but it gets the ball rolling. No crazy results here, but I ate normal meals in the evening.

I understand completely how you feel. I am trying to resist the call (I have 1 1/2 bottles of drops, and some pellets left) but I really want to try to do it on my own. I hate having to depend on the hcg. And I hate cellulite so I feel your pain. The humidity could also be making you retain water...something to consider! When it is hot and humid here I immediately puff up when I'm outside. I think your plan should work - my BF works at night so his being gone reallly helps with my dieting, its sooo much easier to stick to a plan when he's not there munching on doritoes. lol.

I hope you get the package soon!!

Last edited by RileyWorm; 08-27-2012 at 01:06 PM..
Old 08-29-2012, 06:15 AM   #337
Senior LCF Member

This post was from yesterday, not sure why it didn't post...

Oh my gosh... I went for a 3.5 mile walk today, and by the time I was done my fat sausage fingers almost HURT from being so swollen! What in the heck!? So I definitely believe you about the humidity = swelling. Yuck... and supposedly the humidity here isn't even bad! I read somewhere that St.L is number 1 for humidity, so I would def die over there! I'm going to look up the reasoning behind the puffiness, because it doesn't make sense to me that humidity makes the body think it needs to retain water...??

Ok I will give your hair routine a shot... I curl my hair almost every day, so my straightener is packed back in WY, of course. I think I can probably straighten with the curling iron though, so I'll try it! Can you give me names of face products? I learned (On Pinterest, go figure!) that chin breakouts are usually caused by hormones, so maybe I can't entirely blame the humidity. Gosh, I think that might be even MORE frustrating, haha!

We did make it down! The drive was... long Our closing date is September 21, and we all 3 go back to MT for court on Sept 13 so.... pray for good news! I never even got a single phone call in the entire 10 months I was sending out applications, so looks like teaching is out for a while. (Sigh). So I'm going to sell oil tools and maybe try to find something close to the house where I could work a few hours too. I have no idea what to even look for though, ugh.

The WW soup sounds like it's almost all carbs; how does that work!? If it does though, I'm totally game because it sounds like something I could definitely make, haha!

How long until Memphis? Did you try on your dress yet? I'm sure it will fit awesome from the workouts... hopefully she let you guys pick pretty ones too; nothing worse than being photographed all day in an ugly bridesmaid dress, haha!

Last edited by MsHistory; 08-29-2012 at 06:17 AM..
Old 08-29-2012, 10:24 AM   #338
Major LCF Poster!

we leave friday, can't wait!!! hopefully this hurricane rain holds off cuz they are calling for it to come through this weekend. Gr!! the dress fits, albeit a *bit* more snug, but it was snug to begin with. i'm not a bridesmaid, though i should be as many times as i picked up the pieces of this girl's broken heart! lol. a longer story for another time but she used to be with this guy FOR YEARS who would never tell her he loved her. so effed up.
i wish i knew why humidity affected us the way it does; not all people react like that though. i seldom wear rings because i always have to take them off while out. you could definitely curl your hair also, i actually curl my hair most of the time. as long as you seal in the heat with cool air when you're done it seals the humidity out. (that's the way its *supposed* to work but doesn't always for me!) luckily in texas them girls LOVE their big hair!
the face products i use are ULTA brand, they usually have buy 2, get 2 free. i use the polishing face wash, the night cream, and the daily SPF moisturizer. i also use Eclose brand moisturizing face wash, and a age renewal face mask (you can buy at ULTA or my walgreens has it). the chemical peel i use i bought at sam's one day but i know you could find one at ULTA or maybe even Avon? i feel your pain on this one. i've been using this routine for about 4 months or so? and its helped alot.
i'm glad you made it safely and good luck on your court date. finger crossed for you! i understand about the job thing. teachers here are struggling as well (well, most any field really). at least you have something lined up!
the soup IS loaded with carbs but it is a weight watchers recipe so i think they only go by points. i just made it cuz its easy, filling, and i didn't have to stress over food choices. when i did that JUDDD type diet you restricted your calories over other day to 1000 (it mostly recommended boiled eggs, chicken breast, saltines and broccoli, i think, but i made the soup because it was easier), the other days you could eat what you wanted. i lost about 9 pounds in 2 weeks but had no clue how to change my eating habits after that to maintain so i probably gained it all back very quickly.
anyway, i've been taking cinnamon supplements (got em at walmart) to help keep blood sugar stable, and i think it is really working. i've had quite a few carby treats that would normally make my water weight jump, but i've stayed stable at 146. the other night i was so sick of watching what i eat i had mashed potatoes for probably the first time since the holidays, and apple cake with whipped cream. no gains!! woot!!
Old 09-04-2012, 07:36 AM   #339
Senior LCF Member

I'm anxiously awaiting some awesome Memphis stories! I've never been, so you'll have to let me know if it should go on the bucket list!

BF got to come home a day early so we had a long weekend with all three of us together... and it's been FOREVER since we've had that! We went dove hunting... I'm not really into hunting, but it was fun watching the boys in their element, haha.

Thank you so much for the hair humidity advice! I will def try blasting with cold air when I'm finished, and hopefully that will work. It's been sooooo humid here! I can handle the heat, just not the humidity! But the trade off is that I am 15 minutes from an Ulta now, so I guess it's worth it, haha

Haven't weighed in over a week, and dieting is impossible right now while living under someone else's roof... the hcg sirens are calling! Trying for all salads/protein (or maybe wraps made with those LC high fiber tortillas?) this week while the BF is gone, assuming I can get to the grocery store! Will hopefully brave the scale later today to remind myself not to eat donuts for every meal...
Old 09-04-2012, 10:17 AM   #340
Major LCF Poster!

memphis was SO much fun! awesome food, awesome bars, awesome music - graceland was fun too. didn't think i'd enjoy it as much as i did. we drank, and drank, and drank some more, and ate, and ate, and ate. i'd love to go again, since we are so close we could go on a saturday morning, and come home sunday. i'll be uploading pics soon.
the morning we left i was 144 (mysterious 2 pound drop again from 146) and this morning was 148. doing an all protein day since we have aboslutely NOTHING in the fridge, and getting yogurt for a yogurt day tomorrow. already told the BF NO alcohol for me this weekend or eating out. but the good times was totally worth the 2/4 lb. bump up.
good luck with the hair. tooooo humid in memphis so my trick didn't work for me down there. i have super crazy hair though.
glad you had fun with your boys! sounds fun! haha well it probably would be fun but i'm not much of hunter either. lol. so glad things are working out for the better now!
Old 09-05-2012, 06:35 AM   #341
Senior LCF Member

Oh my gosh, that sounds suuuuuper fun! Was it just you and BF that went? I'm excited to see pics! : ) And seriously, the BEST vacations involve LOTS of good food and drink... is that because dieting makes us appreciate the opportunity to let loose?

I wanted to do a yogurt day with you today, but realized I would have to buy a big bag of Splenda and take up space in the pantry here... so I guess that's out. I did get stuff for salads and wraps though, so hopefully I can at least stop the upward trend. (Up to 157 today, ughhhhh.)

Doing the 3.5 mile walk again today, hopefully adding in some jogging too!
Old 09-05-2012, 10:12 AM   #342
Major LCF Poster!

I was down 2.5 today so no yogurt day!! I may eat yogurt for dinner anyway, no lunch today as my back is hurting so badly I'm almost nauseous and I ate a donut at work earlier (ok, 2). So i will probably be UP again. Ah! Salads and wraps sound good too. May have to put ingredients on grocery list.
Have fun on your walk! I need to get in the habit again but I've been ssoooo tired lately I hit snooze too many times!
Re-read that you live close to an ULTA - look out! lol! I would go everyday. Every.day. They are having 21 days of beauty right now which means they are having good sales and discounts on stuff. Everyday is a new special.
Old 09-06-2012, 06:15 AM   #343
Senior LCF Member

I KNOW!!!! I made the mistake of signing up for the emails, so I'm reminded every single day how badly I need to go! Haha : ) SO much better than Sephora... I also heard that if you get something and don't like it, you can bring back the used product. SO cool!

DOWN 2.5?!?!?! Holy moly, that's amazing! Do you have back problems? That sounds miserable...I hope you feel better soon!

Stuck at 157, ugh. Could be worse, but still.... could be 30 pounds better! Probably make a wrap and eat half for lunch and half for dinner with celery and PB. If you can find a specific WOE in that menu, let me know, haha!
Old 09-06-2012, 10:38 AM   #344
Major LCF Poster!

I think its just from this weekend; sleeping in all different beds, then so tired when we finally got home I slept in one position all night and could barely move! Getting better today thank god. I didn't weigh today after the donuts episode at work, and doing a 'yogurt' day today too. Actually probably yogurt twice then something else for dinner. I am so tired of trying to figure out a WOE, I think basically I can maintain pretty well as long as I keep my booze intake in check. Thankfully with summer winding down that means we aren't nearly as social. lol. However I don't need to maintain I need to drop a few also!! And now I'm dreaming of comfort foods that you only make when it gets colder out like chicken n dumplings, chilli, etc etc! Already making plans to have taco soup this weekend and maybe crockpot fried chicken too!!
Old 09-11-2012, 03:21 PM   #345
Major LCF Poster!

Holding steady at 146. Pretty soon need to look into different WOE to drop these 10 pounds. Thinking of doing a short, rogue round starting Monday? Totally depressed because my car had a corrosion in the exhaust connector (I think??) $570!! Yay! It's fixed already but darn expensive. So now I want to go car shopping, as if I can afford a new car too now!
Old 09-16-2012, 03:17 PM   #346
Major LCF Poster!

starting hcg again tomorrow, typical rogue style.
i'm wanting a typical menu to be like this:
b - HWC in my coffee, 2 hb eggs (200 cals)
l- greek yogurt with berries (230 cals)
d - hamburger patty with some sort of veggie (300 or so)
So less than 800 cals or so. which is making realize that this is not that far off from my normal diet so I'm thinking I'm not eating enough calories and maybe why i had such a swift rebound this summer when I increased them a bit. ???

we will see how this works this time around! wish me luck!
Old 09-17-2012, 01:21 PM   #347
Major LCF Poster!

so yesterday i was 148.something; today was 147. today was the official p2 start.
so far:
b-coffee/cream; 2 hb eggs; (some club crackers!! oops!)
l-some leftover steak (probably about 2 oz), squash/zuchinni/eggplant with butter/cheese (leftovers from yesterday didn't want to go bad!)
d- leftover southwest soup

I bet I'll be closer to 1000 calories today but not sure how to count everything. We'll see what the scale says tomorrow.
Old 09-18-2012, 03:55 AM   #348
Major LCF Poster!

145.6 (-1.4)
Yay!
Today's plan:
b - coffee/cream, 2 hb eggs with some horseradish sauce
l - bunless burger, maybe green beans?
d - greek yogurt
maybe a hot chocolate. i had one last night.

on another note my skin is soooo broken out again. grrrrr.
Old 09-19-2012, 03:35 AM   #349
Major LCF Poster!

144 even (-1.6)
Today:
Going to the movies with my aunt and mom, and out to dinner. SOOOO....
B- coffee/cream, 2 hb eggs
l- 2 hb eggs
d - red robin - lettuce wrapped burger

Also yesterday, I had a bit of peanut butter at lunch and no green beans, and instead of greek yogurt I had 2 pieces of bacon and 2 eggs.
Old 09-20-2012, 03:52 AM   #350
Major LCF Poster!

144.2 (+.2)
No surprise there, I had lots of butter popcorn at the movies last night. .2 is minor damage for that! Today, same plan as usual.
B- 2 hb eggs, cream/coffee
L- maybe greek yogurt?
D- 2 slices bacon, 2 eggs
Old 09-21-2012, 03:56 AM   #351
Major LCF Poster!

143.2 (-1)
May have been more but didn't get much sleep. I always lose less when I am sleep deprived.
Today:
b - coffee/cream, GY berries
L - HB eggs?
D -? more greek yogurt?
Then the winery tonight. We'll see what happens tomorrow scalewise!
Old 09-24-2012, 10:22 AM   #352
Major LCF Poster!

Haven't weighed since Friday - kinda scared after the winery night, plus Saturday and Sunday I wasn't the best, either. Oh well.
Today:
b - coffee/cream, GY and berries
l and d - leftover italian beef and roasted vegetables.
Old 09-25-2012, 04:31 PM   #353
Major LCF Poster!

No weigh. I think I might be between 143-144.
Today, I really wanted a hot dog. So I had one at breakfast, and 2 at lunch. Dinner was zuchinni with garlic butter and cheese. I think I'll weigh on Friday.
Old 09-26-2012, 10:22 AM   #354
Major LCF Poster!

I braved the scale - 144. So up from my low last Friday, grrrr....I set myself back a week but oh well....good thing is the BF is out of town so I can just stay at home all weekend and stay on plan.
Today:
b - coffee/cream, eggs with veggies and cheese
l - GY and berries
d- not sure yet, maybe zuchinni? and italian beef.
Old 09-26-2012, 11:41 AM   #355
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: julieboolie
Stats: 272/152.4/155 Size 26/8/4-6 :)
WOE: one day at a time!!
Start Date: July 14, 2003 - every day!!
Erin-that's not too bad. You had a fun weekend, right? You're in a good range. Hope you can drop some more, I know you really want to. I am planning to maintain right around where you are. I also miss my GY and berries, and looking at your menu makes me homesick for "normal" eating. Next week!!
julieboolie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 12:45 PM   #356
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks Julie! You are right. I have to expect slower losses though since I am so rogue. Can't live without my yogurt!
Old 09-27-2012, 03:34 AM   #357
Major LCF Poster!

No plan for today whatsoever. Eggs maybe?
Old 10-02-2012, 01:09 PM   #358
Major LCF Poster!

Starting the Dukan Diet today. Tried it last year but got off track during holidays. Lost about 10 pounds so hoping I still get some success from it. Also staying OFF the SCALE!! It messes me up too much and tired of letting the scale dictate my moods. I am assuming that today's weight was about 145 or so, so letting that be my new start. Attack phase today through Friday, then alternating protein days with protein/veggie days.
Old 10-07-2012, 07:33 AM   #359
Major LCF Poster!

So this weekend involved alcohol, and carbs. Nothing too crazy. I feel a bit bloated today but it will come off quickly. I actually did weigh on Saturday morning and I was 141. Not too shabby. My jeans are actually a bit loose. Yay! So today's plan is all protein again. I'm making Ranch chicken in the crockpot. I have a job interview tomorrow so fingers crossed!! I am already SOOO nervous!
Old 10-07-2012, 10:49 PM   #360
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: julieboolie
Stats: 272/152.4/155 Size 26/8/4-6 :)
WOE: one day at a time!!
Start Date: July 14, 2003 - every day!!
Hope the interview goes well!! on loose jeans btw!!
julieboolie is offline   Reply With Quote