Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-27-2013, 05:12 PM   #1921
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Deb294evr
Stats: 282/ working on it /140?
WOE: seaching for the right plan for ME
You can't go wrong with LC!! ESPECIALLY with a partner! I wish I had another person in my house who wanted to lose the weight.. ugh.. it's hard with a family of people who eat whatever they want and don't gain.

I am going to be low carbing it also until I can lose my appetite before attempting a new round. I don't want to set myself up for failure by being too hungry at first.. Already trying to cut out things that I know are not good for me.. one step at a time. MUST DO SOMETHING!!!

Sponsored Links
Old 12-28-2013, 08:09 AM   #1922
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: julieboolie
Stats: 272/152.4/155 Size 26/8/4-6 :)
WOE: one day at a time!!
Start Date: July 14, 2003 - every day!!
It'd certainly be easier together, you'll need to help him anyway, so you might as well do LC too. Exercise on hcg is tough! Whatever you choose, you'll do great!!
julieboolie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 10:28 PM   #1923
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: shebasmudder
Stats: 230/207/160
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: 1/15/14
Hi, Shari ! Hope you guys had a wonderful Christmas ! I'm just popping in - I was looking for info on the ketogenic diet. This place always has good info. I'm thinking about starting a new journal. Happy New Year !
shebasmudder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 05:06 PM   #1924

Gallery: shari
Stats: 252/186/179-mini goal
WOE: hcg 2.0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb294evr View Post
You can't go wrong with LC!! ESPECIALLY with a partner! I wish I had another person in my house who wanted to lose the weight.. ugh.. it's hard with a family of people who eat whatever they want and don't gain.

I am going to be low carbing it also until I can lose my appetite before attempting a new round. I don't want to set myself up for failure by being too hungry at first.. Already trying to cut out things that I know are not good for me.. one step at a time. MUST DO SOMETHING!!!
So true! Every plan we've done together, it's been successful so I've no doubts that this will be same. I'm making changes now before new years, like yourself, something had to give...I was feeling awful and sluggish. Plus tight clothes that were once loose and comfortable did not make it any better and I REFUSE to go up the next size...so I had to give...back to myself. Oh, I've reconciled with that darn scale again...but I'm sure I'll be ready to kick it again in the future..that's just the nature of our relationship!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by julieboolie View Post
It'd certainly be easier together, you'll need to help him anyway, so you might as well do LC too. Exercise on hcg is tough! Whatever you choose, you'll do great!!
Right! I'm now leaning towards sticking with low carb...it's actually nice having a partner here who is very committed and goes hardcore when he sets his mind to something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shebasmudder View Post
Hi, Shari ! Hope you guys had a wonderful Christmas ! I'm just popping in - I was looking for info on the ketogenic diet. This place always has good info. I'm thinking about starting a new journal. Happy New Year !
Hey hun!! So glad seeing you again, yes come back and start another journal!! I wish all the girls were here again

Scale still not completely on my side but I've got to stand up and take ownership that it's just giving me the reality of everything. I'm down a few pounds since really starting and sticking with it. Also I started exercising again and feel so much better. I'm using Ketostix for verification that I'm in ketosis and fat burning stage, all while eating wings, cheese hamburgers, pizza toppings, bacon, etc. I certainly have a lot of fat to burn now...so away with it all!! Or most of it, some places I still want it to be, just less of it
shari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 05:33 PM   #1925
Major LCF Poster!

That is so great that G is willing to work with you ! It makes a big difference when you have a partner who supports you.

I'm not ready to start anything yet. I am waiting to hear from my doc about when I will have my procedure done. He has a special diet for me which I am not looking forward to. In the mean time, ALL my pants are tightening !
Old 01-10-2014, 06:11 AM   #1926

Quote:
That is so great that G is willing to work with you ! It makes a big difference when you have a partner who supports you.

I'm not ready to start anything yet. I am waiting to hear from my doc about when I will have my procedure done. He has a special diet for me which I am not looking forward to. In the mean time, ALL my pants are tightening !
I hope you're okay and whatever the procedure is, your recovery goes well. Nice 'seeing' you around here...please keep me updated.
Old 01-10-2014, 06:12 AM   #1927

Gallery: Gracie514
Stats: 214.6/198/194.6 SECOND GOAL!!!
WOE: HCG- highest wt 250 lbs!!!
Start Date: 1/1/2014 LC 2/17/14 Hhcg
Good morning Shari Hope you are enjoying a yummy low-carb day
Gracie514 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 06:16 AM   #1928

I/we went to mom's house for NYE and stayed until this past Saturday. I'm happy to report that I'd only gained 0.6 oz. I ate what I wanted on NYE then kept it pretty much low(er) carb the rest of the days. Since I started exercising before this, I made myself keep this up even while at home by walking/jogging around my mom's neighborhood. I'm doing C25K at my pace LOL so I'm now on the 2nd week. I'd been maintaining in the higher 180's/190 even since the cruise in early December and am now 178 (yesterday's weight) but since working out it seems I'm losing inch-wise too (clothes fitting better).
Sadly, G has not been able to commit fully to low carb, it's harder for him but he keeps saying he wants to still give it a try...we'll see.
Old 01-10-2014, 06:36 AM   #1929

Wow wonderful job Shari! Sorry that G is having a harder time committing, but we have ALL BEEN THERE!.. nothing you can do for anyone else, except show a good example. You are doing that!.. congrats!
Deb294evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 07:37 AM   #1930
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shari View Post
I/we went to mom's house for NYE and stayed until this past Saturday. I'm happy to report that I'd only gained 0.6 oz. I ate what I wanted on NYE then kept it pretty much low(er) carb the rest of the days. Since I started exercising before this, I made myself keep this up even while at home by walking/jogging around my mom's neighborhood. I'm doing C25K at my pace LOL so I'm now on the 2nd week. I'd been maintaining in the higher 180's/190 even since the cruise in early December and am now 178 (yesterday's weight) but since working out it seems I'm losing inch-wise too (clothes fitting better).
Sadly, G has not been able to commit fully to low carb, it's harder for him but he keeps saying he wants to still give it a try...we'll see.
Wow! Great job at home!! You're doing so well! he'll figure it out. We all need to be "ready" to make it work. I'm sure you're inspiring him. I helped dh lose 85 lbs on Atkins 6 years ago...they need us . KUTGW!
Old 01-11-2014, 12:43 AM   #1931
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: ceecee08
Stats: 292.6/284.7/170 5'9
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Restart 1/4/2013
Shari!!
ceecee08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 05:55 AM   #1932
I'm his Princess

Gallery: Dedicated
Stats: Goal is a Healthy Weight!
WOE: Clean Eating!
Start Date: Everyday!
Hey Shari!
Dedicated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 09:34 AM   #1933
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jayce
Stats: 255/214.8/212 MG# 1
WOE: Calorie Tracking & Exercise
Hey Shari, how goes it?
Jayce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 08:33 PM   #1934
Major LCF Poster!

Hey, Shari ! I'm back for sure ! What is C25k ?
Old 01-22-2014, 11:05 AM   #1935
Major LCF Poster!

Hey, Shari ! How are you doing ?
Old 01-28-2014, 07:16 PM   #1936

I can't believe the last time I posted was earlier this month...it's been so hectic with the kids playing on two different basketball teams because they now have different practices days/nights and different games on Saturday (sometimes two) and Sunday! Plus their father coaches for another team so unlike last year when he could help more, he's spent trying to coach his team too. I'm literally doing something or going some where every.single.iiiiday, and I'm tired.

So weight-wise, I have been just bouncing around the same 6-7 lbs, so really just treading water. I stick to low carb for the most part so that I don't gain more than those darn 6-7 pounds, and I've stuck with exercising so that's a good thing. I make myself do something, even if it's just walking if I find myself going longer than 3 days...it takes too much effort just to get started. G is doing better, surprisingly he did very well this past week, and I've been cooking low carb meals for him...dry rub ribs, low carb pizza, parmesan crusted chicken with mozarella cheese, mostly using Linda Sue's recipes. I have to stop and give her credit for a minute, her recipes are amazing and I'm so glad that she shares these as it really help people like G feel he can stick with it and of course this in turn helps me too.

Getting ready to go to bed now but I made myself a promise that I would post something today/tonight so that I get my journal 'warmed' again with the hopes of making this a daily routine again. I'll try to get to other journals tomorrow, I miss you guys so much!
Old 01-28-2014, 07:24 PM   #1937

Quote:
Wow wonderful job Shari! Sorry that G is having a harder time committing, but we have ALL BEEN THERE!.. nothing you can do for anyone else, except show a good example. You are doing that!.. congrats!
Hey Deb, yeah I think it's rubbed off and he said a couple days ago that he doesn't feel like he's dying without high carbs anymore LOL. Hopefully we can continue together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by julieboolie View Post
Wow! Great job at home!! You're doing so well! he'll figure it out. We all need to be "ready" to make it work. I'm sure you're inspiring him. I helped dh lose 85 lbs on Atkins 6 years ago...they need us . KUTGW!
WOW, that's incredible! I think he's ready now, and he'll probably leave me in the dust! Men...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceecee08 View Post
Shari!!
Hey Cee, congrats on your baby boy! I hope all is well with you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dedicated View Post
Hey Shari!
Cle!! How's it going? I hope you're doing well too..need to visit your journal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayce View Post
Hey Shari, how goes it?
Hey Jayce, I'm doing well overall. I don't know when I'm coming and going sometimes but hopefully things will slow down a bit. How are you?

Quote:
Hey, Shari ! I'm back for sure ! What is C25k ?
Quote:
Hey, Shari ! How are you doing ?
Hey hun, C25K is couch-to-5K training program to help you gradually build endurance with walking/running for a 5K. I remember running years ago for at least 20 minutes straight, which a lot for me as I'm not a runner, so it's definitely a great program for beginner runners. I hope you're doing well too...promise to come back more often to support you, and everyone else!
Old 01-29-2014, 09:46 AM   #1938
Big Yapper!!!!

Good to hear from you. I know that mom-taxi routine well . Glad you're keeping up the exercise! that's such a great foundation. I love LS's recipes too, but dh doesn't like casserole type homey meals, which leaves a lot of them out . He's picky .

Hope things quiet down for you .
Old 01-29-2014, 10:53 AM   #1939

Hi Shari! Glad to see you back. I started Atkins too. I couldn't hack hcg or JUDDD right now. I'm enjoying my yummy food and trying not to stress!
Old 01-29-2014, 11:16 AM   #1940
Major LCF Poster!

Welcome back, Shari !

I'm going to have look up Linda Sue's recipes - I am always looking for new ones. I have a low carb crock pot recipe for pulled pork that my hubby loves. It's surprising when you can convert them !
Old 01-30-2014, 05:15 AM   #1941

Good morning ladies,

Still missed yesterday to post and visit other journals...ugh. I'm in week 4 of the couch to 5 K program so it feels good to be able to run longer without feeling like I'm going to pass out. I know I'm 10yrs older than when I first started low carb but it's like it works initially then the scale stalls. I am losing inches but I do care what the number on the scale says, although I know I shouldn't as much. It's frustrating..but I do feel that years of doing lower cal diets have really done a number on my metabolism so I have to work extra hard to get through stubborn weight. I'm sitting at 179...and it seems like it's sooo hard to get back down into the 160's without doing the protocol/hhcg. I'm telling myself to stick with lower carb and exercise as my body has to adjust to losing another way and time to heal my metabolism...and I have to adjust to a lot slower weight loss. gotta get ready to go to work, BBL!
Old 01-30-2014, 05:18 AM   #1942

Hang in there Shari! I am in the same place you are.. STUCK on the scale.. and not liking it one bit.. ugh.. I also believe we just are going to have to work this harder than when we first did LC and before all the low cal diets..
Old 01-30-2014, 09:05 AM   #1943
Major LCF Poster!

Hi, Shari ! Hang in there ! That is amazing that you are running ! Maybe you have picked up some muscle weight ? Do you have a race you plan to enter ? I am still trying to get started doing yoga. lol
Old 01-31-2014, 05:24 AM   #1944

Quote:
Hang in there Shari! I am in the same place you are.. STUCK on the scale.. and not liking it one bit.. ugh.. I also believe we just are going to have to work this harder than when we first did LC and before all the low cal diets..
I caved yesterday and had pizza I felt a lot more heavier and disappointed that the scale is stuck...so of course, the brilliant side of me will think to add pizza and expect that to help. Oh well, not crying over spilled milk, just going to do better today. Thanks for the support!

Quote:
Hi, Shari ! Hang in there ! That is amazing that you are running ! Maybe you have picked up some muscle weight ? Do you have a race you plan to enter ? I am still trying to get started doing yoga. lol
Thanks! No, I don't have a race I've entered although I've considered doing this to have extra motivation to stick with it to the end, I have yet to complete C25K. Yoga is really good for the body, keep at it!
Old 01-31-2014, 05:40 AM   #1945
Major LCF Poster!

Hi, Shari !

Don't feel bad, hun, who doesn't crave pizza sometimes ? I found this recipe for a low carb pizza casserole that is absolutely delicious ! I will post it for you if you want. It really hit the spot for me. In fact, now that I think about it, I just might make some tonight. I have not been able to find a good low carb pizza crust recipe.

I've got my yoga dvds but I need the mat ! I'll be ordering it today. I need to do something to move my body around.

Have a great day !
Old 01-31-2014, 06:16 AM   #1946

YUMMM Pizza! No worries, just start back up with your next meal. Now that it's out of your system just move on. Maybe try a pizza bake or something? I'm not a great cook so I don't make many low-carb things for myself. I have bought the frozen Atkins meals which are pretty good and I'll make simple things. I can't find a pizza sauce or marinara that is low-carb. Maybe alfredo sauce and make a white pizza? Now I"m getting hungry
Old 02-03-2014, 01:20 PM   #1947

Quote:
Hi, Shari !

Don't feel bad, hun, who doesn't crave pizza sometimes ? I found this recipe for a low carb pizza casserole that is absolutely delicious ! I will post it for you if you want. It really hit the spot for me. In fact, now that I think about it, I just might make some tonight. I have not been able to find a good low carb pizza crust recipe.

I've got my yoga dvds but I need the mat ! I'll be ordering it today. I need to do something to move my body around.

Have a great day !
LOL, well the bad part is that I know how to make LC pizza and it was very good when I made it in the past and recently for G. I just didn't have the ingredients then to make one again. I used cream cheese and mozarella to make the crust...from Linda Sue's recipe site. Very good. The problem was finding a low carb pizza sauce...I tried to use the regular one sparingly. Did you use or have low carb sauce? Yours look very good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gracie514 View Post
YUMMM Pizza! No worries, just start back up with your next meal. Now that it's out of your system just move on. Maybe try a pizza bake or something? I'm not a great cook so I don't make many low-carb things for myself. I have bought the frozen Atkins meals which are pretty good and I'll make simple things. I can't find a pizza sauce or marinara that is low-carb. Maybe alfredo sauce and make a white pizza? Now I"m getting hungry
You see I asked the same thing above LOL. I'm back on track, again , today. I'm reading about how eating some of the stuff I was eating may have been what was keeping me stalled like Atkins products. I'm going to eat cleaner and see how it goes. Like you, I'm going to try my best to stay off the scale and see how I feel in my clothes for now. I say this then the next day jump on the scale I also know that I'm not drinking enough water and that was a staple thing I did when I first did Atkins. So trying to work on that one too. Although I've done low carb for years, I've added and changed it around to my own version at times so it's good for me to read about it again to be refreshed.
Old 02-04-2014, 09:39 AM   #1948

Day 2 of clean eating and I'm already feeling the detox (lethargic and headache). I'd really been doing good for the most part until last Thursday then I ate off plan again on Sunday, really? Then I wonder why the weight loss is slower.... I still don't know how much I weigh now but I definitely know it's not near my 'base weight' of 168, so maybe it's time to face reality and take it down until I start weighing again. Last time I checked it was 179 last week. I'm sure I went into the 180's again which in the past seeing that number sent me straight into strict weight loss mode by any means necessary. Now I'm like, meh...I don't like it but I'm not breaking myself mentally to lose it either. The good news is that my induction partner, G, is doing it again too. He said he liked the way he felt after those first few days of getting through detox...his energy was through the roof and he was losing weight so that was enough for him to want to attempt to do this again. I kinda feel guilty that I haven't set a better example for him and remained on plan, but he said he understand and as long as he's willing to give it another try, that's good.

Just heard bball practice for my son has been cancelled tonight so I won't have a long day and get home after 9:30!!
Old 02-04-2014, 12:49 PM   #1949

Great job on getting right back on Shari! I often wonder how I can be moving right along then out of nowhere, just have an offplan meal, or day.. ugh.. this is so hard on the body too.

I know this is possible, its been done! haha.. Just getting in the right frame of mind, and sometimes it is really nothing that takes us off course.. oh well. TODAY is a new day. Glad you don't have a super long day after all!
Old 02-04-2014, 06:48 PM   #1950
Major LCF Poster!

Hi, Shari !

Glad you're back ! I hope the detox headaches end soon. The pizza sauce I use is the store brand - kroger - and it's pretty low carb: 3 net grams of carbs for 1/4 cup of sauce and of course I spread that over the whole pan.

Thanks for reminding me about Linda Sue's site. I need to check that out.