Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-21-2013, 05:11 AM   #1891
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jayce
Stats: 255/215/211 Mini-Goal
WOE: Calorie Tracking & Exercise
Mornin' Shari! Sounds like you've been a busy lady, indeed! Take care of yourself & have fun planning your upcoming cruise.
Jayce is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 11-21-2013, 05:23 AM   #1892
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Deb294evr
Stats: 282/work in progress/140?
WOE: LC/HCG
WONDERFUL SHARI!!!.. There is something to be said being busy and not having enough time to worry about food. I am so happy you are loving your Kale drink. It sure seems to love you!!.

Good luck with all your cruise stuff, and enjoy it to the fullest!.. So jealous..
Deb294evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 05:17 AM   #1893

Gallery: shari
Stats: 252/???/160-mini goal
WOE: Low carb
Deb and Jayce, thank you!!

Most of my thoughts for today are posted in Deb's journal . I feel I'm in a good place now and getting better day by day. I definitely attribute this to the kale drink. My mood improves significantly (despite what's going on) and my body feels so much better. It's like my body is saying 'thank you for giving me what I need', it's like exercise...something that I know is good but for so long I've equated comfort food to be unhealthy food. As I mentioned in Deb's journal, I'm working on my mindset and the plus is that G is doing this with me (kale drink and improving our health). The scale is moving down but it's not rocket science that it's because I'm eating a lot less and it's not junk food that add pounds. Today I'm down another pound, and feeling great!
shari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 05:22 AM   #1894

YESSSS!! it really is not rocket science...

Love your attitude and this is going to get you where you are going.. we have to trust it..
Old 11-22-2013, 06:58 AM   #1895
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: julieboolie
Stats: 272/161.6/155 Size 26/8/4-6 :)
WOE: one day at a time!!
Start Date: July 14, 2003 - every day!!
You ARE in a good place!! Keep going!! I love it when it all falls into place, and the scale agrees too!! WTG!! The cruise is coming, you'll have w great time!! KUTGW!
julieboolie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 07:32 AM   #1896

Gallery: Gracie514
Stats: 214.6/199.2/194.6 SECOND GOAL!!!
WOE: HCG- highest wt 250 lbs!!!
Start Date: 1/1/2014 LC 2/17/14 Hhcg
Hi Shari You are doing great! Bet you're excited for the cruise
Gracie514 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 03:25 AM   #1897

Good morning ladies! Yes, Gracie, I'm very, very excited and love that I get a couple extra days off before (Thanksgiving and Black Friday) to unwind before so I can truly relax. We have a balcony cabin and the boys are across the hall in inside cabins so we still have our privacy and the boys will have free run of their own room and t.v....they are very excited too as it's their first cruise.

Weight is holding for now due to TOM coming soon, hopefully before the cruise as it's due any day now. I was down to 174.2 yesterday which is 10 lbs less than a week ago (184.4 last Tuesday), but today it jumped up a pound...no doubt due to PMS. I'm still doing the kale drink during the day and eating light later, and I can tell my appetite has definitely shrunk so I'm going to work with it and not against it by stuffing myself LOL. I wanted to see the 160's before the cruise but if it's not possible I will challenge myself to see it before the new year by doing Gracie's holiday challenge.
Old 11-26-2013, 06:19 AM   #1898

Good morning Shari! I'm so glad you joined my challenge. I need something to keep myself in line! I let one bad day turn into ten My goal is to see 190 lbs by Christmas Day. We can do this
Old 11-27-2013, 03:32 PM   #1899
Big Yapper!!!!

Have a happy thanksgiving and enjoy your trip! Separate cabins is a great idea!! Have fun!?
Old 11-28-2013, 05:13 AM   #1900

Happy Thanksgiving Shari!!!
Old 12-11-2013, 03:16 AM   #1901

Thanks ladies, the cruise was the best yet! The boys loved cruising for the first time and now share my vacation addiction. They felt really independent because they had their own cabin and after learning the layout of the ship (and me as mom-hubbard feeling more comfortable), they were able to do things together without having G and I lag along. My oldest son's birthday is today, he turns 13, so crazy how time flies and now we are looking at high schools...and with that, the reality that one day they will leave home and be young independent men..Wow!

My weight is higher than I'd like, it's not a good thing to go on a cruise right after Thanksgiving, , so I'm focused on losing again. I'm doing low carb for now as it's doable with so much going on.

BBL to visit other journals...gotta get ready to join the working world again today, but at least it'll be a short work week.

Last edited by shari; 12-11-2013 at 03:18 AM..
Old 12-11-2013, 04:13 AM   #1902
I'm his Princess

Gallery: Dedicated
Stats: Goal is a Healthy Weight!
WOE: Clean Eating!
Start Date: Everyday!
Glad you had fun! Welcome back!
Dedicated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 05:15 AM   #1903

Yes, Welcome back!!! Glad you had fun and the kids did too! Well young MEN.. wow they are growing quickly!

Good luck getting back into the swing of work.. always fun..
Old 12-11-2013, 05:49 AM   #1904
Major LCF Poster!

Your cruise sounds awesome!!! I want to go on a cruise so badly.

Have a great Wednesday!
Old 12-11-2013, 06:32 AM   #1905

Welcome back!!! Sounds like paradise I also started watching my carbs this week, I've been awful with sugar laden treats and starches. The dang Christmas parties are killing me I figure low carb is the best plan right now because of all the options. Considering hcg RX for the new year...
Old 12-16-2013, 07:13 AM   #1906
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shari View Post
Thanks ladies, the cruise was the best yet! The boys loved cruising for the first time and now share my vacation addiction. They felt really independent because they had their own cabin and after learning the layout of the ship (and me as mom-hubbard feeling more comfortable), they were able to do things together without having G and I lag along. My oldest son's birthday is today, he turns 13, so crazy how time flies and now we are looking at high schools...and with that, the reality that one day they will leave home and be young independent men..Wow!

My weight is higher than I'd like, it's not a good thing to go on a cruise right after Thanksgiving, , so I'm focused on losing again. I'm doing low carb for now as it's doable with so much going on.

BBL to visit other journals...gotta get ready to join the working world again today, but at least it'll be a short work week.
Welcome home! So glad it was a great trip!! I get what your saying, my older dd is 13 too! Where did the time go? In 5 years she'll be I college! it's bittersweet as we watch them grow into amazing young men's dn women, but knowing our time together is limited, makes me want to make the most of it even more. Vacations are so good for that!! don't sweat the scale. It'll come back down with regular eating .
Old 12-16-2013, 12:46 PM   #1907

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dedicated View Post
Glad you had fun! Welcome back!
Thanks, hun and I'm sooo glad to see your pretty face here again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb294evr View Post
Yes, Welcome back!!! Glad you had fun and the kids did too! Well young MEN.. wow they are growing quickly!

Good luck getting back into the swing of work.. always fun..
Yes, getting back into the 'working world of fun' again was just that, a lot of @#$% work!! I've been running every day since then..I miss you guys. Yes, the kids or excuse me...young men had so much fun, their friend's parents are asking me about cruising. They've told their friends how much fun they had so now the friends are wanting to go on one. You know me, I'm say let's do one all together!! It takes little next to nothing, or really, nothing at all to motivate me for cruising.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayce View Post
Your cruise sounds awesome!!! I want to go on a cruise so badly.

Have a great Wednesday!
I live on a budget, so trust me when I say cruising is affordable especially if you book in advance and give yourself time to pay it off. I use a website that's really good on pricing, so let me know when you are interested.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gracie514 View Post
Welcome back!!! Sounds like paradise I also started watching my carbs this week, I've been awful with sugar laden treats and starches. The dang Christmas parties are killing me I figure low carb is the best plan right now because of all the options. Considering hcg RX for the new year...
THIS!! OMG, as soon as I do well there's some party or scenario that unexpectedly happens where I'm faced with all this food. It's not been good eating wise..so I'm back at it again. UGH!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by julieboolie View Post
Welcome home! So glad it was a great trip!! I get what your saying, my older dd is 13 too! Where did the time go? In 5 years she'll be I college! it's bittersweet as we watch them grow into amazing young men's dn women, but knowing our time together is limited, makes me want to make the most of it even more. Vacations are so good for that!! don't sweat the scale. It'll come back down with regular eating .
Exactly! I get so consumed with the day-to-day grind that I find myself forgetting to focus on more important things, like making sure I spend and set aside quality time with the boys. Yes, vacations are perfect for this reason. It is bittersweet watching them grow up and along with that, my body lets me know I'm growing up too!
Old 12-16-2013, 12:50 PM   #1908

As mentioned above, I have nothing new to report weight wise as I have been out eating at different functions, and the worse part is that it's not over!! This weekend I went to a Christmas concert, celebrated my oldest son turning 13 and went out to eat with G and friends. I'm tired and sugared/carb 'drunk' now.. I feel miserable and like a stuffed sausage. At least this is motivating me to do better...and what's a scale? It's the enemy for now!!
Old 12-17-2013, 04:51 AM   #1909

I hear you Shari!! The scale does not love me right now, and so I will just break up with it for awhile..

Just get through these holidays and get ready to roll when the time is right!
Old 12-17-2013, 07:01 AM   #1910

Shari, I could've written your exact post! I've been terrible with eating CRAP and my body feels it. The holidays are just so impossible to eat good! I'm also breaking up with my scale like Deb!!!
Old 12-17-2013, 07:31 AM   #1911
Big Yapper!!!!

Add me to the "single lady club" broke up with my scale too! I'm open to a reconciliation in a few weeks, if he talks sweet to me .
Old 12-18-2013, 06:01 AM   #1912

HAHA.. love all the "single Ladies!" ..
Old 12-22-2013, 07:02 AM   #1913

Yup, still 'single' and don't know when I'll reconcile with that scale again ...it's just awful right now, seriously. I don't know why I'm so complacent with not motivating myself to get on track as I wake up each and every day and say, let's do it today, but then it falls to the wayside some way or another.

Ugh, my clothes are super tight and frankly, I'm the heaviest I've been in a long time for this extended period of time. I really think I need to do a round of hhcg again, just to get back on track but G is considering doing low carb after the holidays so I'm thinking with the support, I could stick to that better... Of course, I want results RIGHT NOW so hhcg looks very tempting..even though I know it's temporary and to keep the weight off depends on me...not screwing up the 3rd phase. You see how my mind thinks? I'll decide on something, soon...
Old 12-23-2013, 08:40 AM   #1914

Quote:
Originally Posted by shari View Post
Yup, still 'single' and don't know when I'll reconcile with that scale again ...it's just awful right now, seriously. I don't know why I'm so complacent with not motivating myself to get on track as I wake up each and every day and say, let's do it today, but then it falls to the wayside some way or another.

Ugh, my clothes are super tight and frankly, I'm the heaviest I've been in a long time for this extended period of time. I really think I need to do a round of hhcg again, just to get back on track but G is considering doing low carb after the holidays so I'm thinking with the support, I could stick to that better... Of course, I want results RIGHT NOW so hhcg looks very tempting..even though I know it's temporary and to keep the weight off depends on me...not screwing up the 3rd phase. You see how my mind thinks? I'll decide on something, soon...
I'm with ya Shari!!! I'm still hovering around 205 I'm also going to do a round starting the new year. I can't do it now until the holidays and our Daytona trip are over. I will just have to try and do a correction day or fasting day in there every once in a while. I really want to do RX Hcg though instead of the hhcg. I've seen people stabilizing much better and having less hunger with the RX. I know the hhcg works but I never really seem to stabilize. Best of luck in whatever you decide

Merry Christmas to you and your family too
1/5/14 GOAL #1 BACK TO ONEDERLAND 3/4/14 MADE IT
3/4/14 GOAL #2 194.6 (20 LBS EVICTED FOR 2014)
TAKING IT ONE DAY AT A TIME
Old 12-23-2013, 08:59 AM   #1915

Well Shari and Gracie, I am going to do another round of HCG after the holidays.. I have decided and planned for it, and it will be done..

I am doing RX, because I have it on hand from my last round, and all the supplies I need. I am glad I planned for it then, and don't have to try to get it again. If you do decide to do RX Gracie, make sure you give yourself time for it to arrive. Mine came in a week, but with the NEW YEARS peeps going to get started, it may be a good idea to get it ordered and there before you are ready to start!

Shari, If you have the HHCG, I would do a round with that. IF you decide to do it of course. Just plan, and be ready to go! I am just not going to worry about my eating during the holidays.. With the RX, I have stabilized pretty well, and am only 5 pounds over LIW. That was back in October I think? Better than I thought I would be.

In any case!! Whether it is LC or HCG, or anything else, I honestly believe getting our heads in the right place is where it starts! No sweating it, we know what to do..

Have a wonderful Christmas ladies!!!.
Old 12-23-2013, 11:14 AM   #1916

Quote:
I'm with ya Shari!!! I'm still hovering around 205 I'm also going to do a round starting the new year. I can't do it now until the holidays and our Daytona trip are over. I will just have to try and do a correction day or fasting day in there every once in a while. I really want to do RX Hcg though instead of the hhcg. I've seen people stabilizing much better and having less hunger with the RX. I know the hhcg works but I never really seem to stabilize. Best of luck in whatever you decide

Merry Christmas to you and your family too
I've seen the same, so I'm considering this as well. I was thinking I could do low carb w/ G after this round...at least I know I'll be smaller than now when/if I do low carb with him. Plus, he's a man that works out regularly so he'll lose so quick doing low carb that to be vain, I'll feel better losing quickly like him, doing hcg. Terrible, aren't I?

[QUOTIE=Deb294evr;16727361]Well Shari and Gracie, I am going to do another round of HCG after the holidays.. have decided and planned for it, and it will be done..

I am doing RX, because I have it on hand from my last round, and all the supplies I need. I am glad I planned for it then, and don't have to try to get it again. If you do decide to do RX Gracie, make sure you give yourself time for it to arrive. Mine came in a week, but with the NEW YEARS peeps going to get started, it may be a good idea to get it ordered and there before you are ready to start!

Shari, If you have the HHCG, I would do a round with that. IF you decide to do it of course. Just plan, and be ready to go! I am just not going to worry about my eating during the holidays.. With the RX, I have stabilized pretty well, and am only 5 pounds over LIW. That was back in October I think? Better than I thought I would be.

In any case!! Whether it is LC or HCG, or anything else, I honestly believe getting our heads in the right place is where it starts! No sweating it, we know what to do..

Have a wonderful Christmas ladies!!!. [/QUOTE]

Wow, that's wonderful!! This is what I've noticed when others do RX too. I may have to wait anyway because I'm on a budget (or trying to stick to one LOL) so I wouldn't be able to order until maybe next Friday. I'll see... thanks for the heads up. I wish you the same, dear...a wonderful Christmas!!
Old 12-24-2013, 07:19 AM   #1917

Merry Christmas Shari!!!
Old 12-26-2013, 08:53 AM   #1918
Major LCF Poster!

Hope you had a lovely holiday, Shari!
Old 12-27-2013, 12:41 PM   #1919

Quote:
Merry Christmas Shari!!!
Merry Christmas hun! I know you're soaking up the sun and loving FL right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayce View Post
Hope you had a lovely holiday, Shari!
Thanks lady! I had a wonderful, relaxing day and I see in your journal yours was nice too.
Old 12-27-2013, 12:48 PM   #1920

G is saying he wants to give low carb a try after the holidays and upcoming events, and since I'm the "Low Carb Queen" , he's asking for us to do this together so that we could support each other. I must add exercise again because I feel the best when doing this regardless of what plan I'm on, and he's suggesting we start running the stairs again weekly. I still have that itching feeling of wanting to do a round, to jumpstart weight loss, but either way I've got to do something so I'll either be joining him after doing a round or continuing low carb with him.... I'll decide soon