Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-13-2013, 08:30 AM   #1831
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Meek75
WOE: Atkins Inductions for 14 Days
Start Date: 6/10/2014
Thanks for sharing your typical day. Sounds like a good plan for you. Keep up the good work and have a great weekend .
Meek75 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-17-2013, 07:16 AM   #1832

Hi Shari. Have a good week, dear
Old 09-17-2013, 09:01 AM   #1833

Gallery: Gracie514
Stats: 214.6/198/194.6 SECOND GOAL!!!
WOE: HCG- highest wt 250 lbs!!!
Start Date: 1/1/2014 LC 2/17/14 Hhcg
Hi Shari! Hope everything is going well for you. I have had those mean green shakes for 2 DDs and I do like them. I didn't add the ginger and I think it tasted way better. Maybe I added too much ginger? Is there a benefit of the ginger? I don't want to leave something out that is going to help me!
Gracie514 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 10:22 AM   #1834
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: julieboolie
Stats: 272/152.4/155 Size 26/8/4-6 :)
WOE: one day at a time!!
Start Date: July 14, 2003 - every day!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by shari View Post
Thanks Deb. Every once in awhile, I have some kind of mental push that allows me to do fasts...it's usually short lived though.

I broke my all juice fast on Saturday by having two sweet potatoes for dinner; had the same yesterday. I added a splash of olive oil, cinnamon and truvia and was in heaven. I want to get more into the habit of appreciating/eating more plant based food with smaller portions of meat. I was totally neglecting the need for veggies which is not very healthy plus I needed a serious detox after eating all over the place during the summer. I'll see if I can do it as I've never totally given up eating a lot of meat every day as a lifestyle, only way to know is to try!

I didn't weigh yesterday but did today and I am down 1.8lbs to 173.2. I feel sooo much lighter, cleaner and my clothes are fitting like they should again LOL. I'm going to try spaghetti squash tonight....it's something I've wanted to try but never have. Also I've been working out consistently, I need the stress reliever. G and I ran the steps at a college's stadium and he challenged me with strength training workouts...I was like puddy afterward But looking at him kept me motivated
WTG!! SO happy for you!! This sounds wonderful!! Fueling your body w. good fruits and veggies and exercise? So good!! And you're seeing the results from it too!! Yay!! I've been adding in more veggies too, but not to the level you are. I've been leaning toward a Primal approach, which is still plenty of meat, but lots of veggies and fruit. I like it, and finally realized I was just being lazy by not buying, washing and preparing veggies! They're good, but I just only have enough umph to get the main course on the table for dinner, sides are usually salad. Sigh. I'm going to make broc cheddar soup today though, so that'll be a yummy veggie option too!

KUTGW!! So happy for you!!
julieboolie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 11:38 AM   #1835

Gallery: shari
Stats: 252/188.8/179-mini goal
WOE: hcg 2.0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meek75 View Post
Hi Shari. Have a good week, dear
Thanks Meek for the support and I hope the same for you...it's almost Hump Day!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gracie514 View Post
Hi Shari! Hope everything is going well for you. I have had those mean green shakes for 2 DDs and I do like them. I didn't add the ginger and I think it tasted way better. Maybe I added too much ginger? Is there a benefit of the ginger? I don't want to leave something out that is going to help me!
Hey lady, so glad you like it! Yes, you have to modify it to your specific taste. I don't like celery so only add about a couple inches in so that I don't taste it, whereas he says to add 4 stalks, ugh no LOL. The ginger is very overpowering so like you, it was too much when I first tried it. Now I only slice a very small piece from the ginger root to add to it so that it 'spices' it but doesn't totally overpower the flavor of the drink. It took a few times of adding more/less of this/that to make it just the way I like it so feel free to do the same. But I do think it's important to add all the ingredients because of the individual nutritional value it brings daily. The ginger is good for aiding in digestion, clears sinuses and overall improve health. I'd have to look it up to be more specific but that's what I can remember now so yes, even a little tiny-bit is good. Also, I've had 2 people tell me I look younger (like college days) now...I'm crediting it to the drink as I see the same in G and my ex. Or at least I'd like to think so

Quote:
Originally Posted by julieboolie View Post
WTG!! SO happy for you!! This sounds wonderful!! Fueling your body w. good fruits and veggies and exercise? So good!! And you're seeing the results from it too!! Yay!! I've been adding in more veggies too, but not to the level you are. I've been leaning toward a Primal approach, which is still plenty of meat, but lots of veggies and fruit. I like it, and finally realized I was just being lazy by not buying, washing and preparing veggies! They're good, but I just only have enough umph to get the main course on the table for dinner, sides are usually salad. Sigh. I'm going to make broc cheddar soup today though, so that'll be a yummy veggie option too!

KUTGW!! So happy for you!!

Good for you! I've heard of the primal approach but haven't done a lot of research on it but do I really need to? Anything that encourages more fruit and veggies in eating plan is great already! I know it's funny when you mention being too lazy, none of this is rocket science as we all know that eating more fruits/veggies is very important, it's just starting it and remembering how important it is to keep doing it is the issue, at least for me Thanks for stopping by!!

I've been super busy these days, my job is making me work for the money!! I didn't do so well over the weekend as I went out both days to functions, one with the boys and one without so alcohol was involved in the one without So you can guess I didn't make it into the 160's I'm continuing to drink my kale drink so hopefully the scale will move back down...when I checked yesterday it was mid-170's again. Tomorrow the team is celebrating birthdays so here comes cake...but I'm determined to drink this everyday and will keep moving on. I'm continuing to exercise so at least that hasn't stopped. Gotta run, a ton of paperwork is due. Happy Tuesday!
shari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 05:27 AM   #1836

Gallery: Deb294evr
Stats: 282/ working on it /140?
WOE: seaching for the right plan for ME
Great Job Shari!! just keep plugging away, day by day!
Deb294evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 05:32 AM   #1837
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jayce
Stats: 255/214.8/212 MG# 1
WOE: Calorie Tracking & Exercise
Morning, Shari! Sounds like the drink is helping you feel great...that's awesome!

WTG on getting that exercise in.

Happy Hump Day!
Jayce is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 07:22 AM   #1838

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb294evr View Post
Great Job Shari!! just keep plugging away, day by day!
Ha! That's all I/we can do, right? Hope you have a great day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayce View Post
Morning, Shari! Sounds like the drink is helping you feel great...that's awesome!

WTG on getting that exercise in.

Happy Hump Day!
Thanks hun! Yes, I can feel a difference now that it's been almost a month in. It's now a part of my daily 'meal'.

Scale not cooperating with me today but it does that sometimes I'm still going though, nothing is stopping me now!! Countdown begins for our family cruise in December, 73 days left...so excited!!
Old 09-18-2013, 07:27 AM   #1839

Oh boy the cruise!!!

Yep, all we can do is just keep on going.. no other choices that I know of..
Old 09-20-2013, 08:37 AM   #1840

Deb~ LOL, right?

So glad it's Friday, the weekend goes by quickly but so far I don't have set plans outside of regular errands. Scale is down 3.4lbs...my body is hovering in the low 170's...it just doesn't want to tip into the 160's right now but I believe exercise is playing a part because my clothes are fitting a lot better than before. I checked my personal log, I was 190.something on 8/20...I HAD to do something because I was slipping very quickly into very old territory/numbers and felt miserable. The documentary I mentioned really hit home and changed my mindset a lot so I'm thankful for that.
Old 09-20-2013, 09:29 AM   #1841
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Tommyswife
Stats: 222.5/209.5/180 R1000 P2
WOE: Homeopathic HCG
Hi Shari. How ya doin?
Tommyswife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 01:19 PM   #1842

That is how I felt also Shari.. seeing over 200 on the scale again made me CRAZY.. and felt horrible.. We at least put a stop to it, and are doing somethig great for our bodies.. So happy you are enjoying exercise also!!

Have a nice peaceful weekend!
Old 09-20-2013, 03:59 PM   #1843
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jenmay78
Stats: 284.6/244/199
WOE: Weight loss surgery/IE
Start Date: June 10, 2013
Hi Shari! Hope you have a great weekend!
Jenmay78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 06:37 AM   #1844

Hi Shari! Where are you? Hope everything is going well!
Old 09-26-2013, 10:03 AM   #1845

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommyswife View Post
Hi Shari. How ya doin?
Sheryl!!! Hey hunny, I've missed you. When are you coming back? I hope you're doing well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb294evr View Post
That is how I felt also Shari.. seeing over 200 on the scale again made me CRAZY.. and felt horrible.. We at least put a stop to it, and are doing somethig great for our bodies.. So happy you are enjoying exercise also!!

Have a nice peaceful weekend!
Thanks Deb. Yes, I'm continuing to exercise because it's too easy to stop and the days roll and go by too quickly before you realize it's been a week, then a couple weeks, then a month and so on. Then it's harder to start again..so it's best to just keep going while the going is good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenmay78 View Post
Hi Shari! Hope you have a great weekend!
Hey Jen! Hope you're okay too and have settled in well at new job. Miss you girl!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gracie514 View Post
Hi Shari! Where are you? Hope everything is going well!
Hey Gracie, I've had an emotional weekend/week but I'm better today. Thanks
Old 09-26-2013, 10:15 AM   #1846

I've been busy with work (should be doing paperwork now), school stuff for the boys and emotionally spent due to death in my ex's family. It was a person that I was still close to, she'd been sick the past couple of weeks (elderly) but we thought she was going to get better but it was time for God to call her home. I visited her during her last days and it was hard to say goodbye but also a relief that an opportunity like that existed. I think it's worse when it's unexpected and you can't prepare as best as you can for someone dying. With that said, I let my emotions take over and have been eating unhealthy food again, usually in the evenings/night as I continued to drink my shake for breakfast and lunch most days. I gained, now back at 178, but I really believe it would've been more if I hadn't continued to consume the good stuff daily. I watched another documentary called Hungry for Life, similar to Sick, Fat and Nearly Dead over the past couple days..very good and it reminded me of how the food industry make a lot of money from producing unhealthy food (some shouldn't even be called food) which causes weight gain and health problems. Not new news but it was good to have it reiterated again. Not getting on that soap box now but I'm doing better now and am focusing on my health again.
Old 09-26-2013, 10:19 AM   #1847

So sorry for your loss Shari..

Yes, it really makes us think about taking better care of ourselves.. Give yourself the attention you need!
Old 09-26-2013, 10:32 AM   #1848

Thanks Deb. I know you know as you've experienced a loss that I can't even imagine now. Death has a way of waking you up to realize how we will all have to keep that appointment, as my grandmother says, but I'd like to do what I can so that I'm feeling better while I'm here, physically and mentally. One person on the documentary was sharing how she sometimes didn't go out with friends due to how she thought she looked and felt about herself therefore had low self esteem, and she missed out on gaining special memories with people she cared about...what a shame..and it hit home because I've done that too. But not anymore, life and our soul/energy is too precious to be wasted this way.
Old 09-26-2013, 10:38 AM   #1849

Quote:
Thanks Deb. I know you know as you've experienced a loss that I can't even imagine now. Death has a way of waking you up to realize how we will all have to keep that appointment, as my grandmother says, but I'd like to do what I can so that I'm feeling better while I'm here, physically and mentally. One person on the documentary was sharing how she sometimes didn't go out with friends due to how she thought she looked and felt about herself therefore had low self esteem, and she missed out on gaining special memories with people she cared about...what a shame..and it hit home because I've done that too. But not anymore, life and our soul/energy is too precious to be wasted this way.
Great post Shari!!!
Old 09-26-2013, 10:52 AM   #1850

Quote:
Wow! I have actually done that
Old 09-26-2013, 10:53 AM   #1851

So sorry for you loss
Old 09-26-2013, 11:11 AM   #1852

Thanks Deb.

Gracie~thanks. Regarding the social aspect, it's sad isn't it? Another person was saying how his whole day was consumed with thoughts about his body as soon as he woke up in the morning...how awful he looked, how bad he felt physically, was he going to fail that day with eating wrong, how much weight he'd gained, etc. Again, I was like wow, me too! He now doesn't have to be consumed this way because he's made lifestyle changes and now doesn't have to think this way. He gets up and goes about his day...wouldn't this be wonderful? I know we can't throw in the towel and not put effort into this again after the weight is lost (maintaining it can be challenging too) but to not be on the side of 'oh I need to lose weight' every day would be so much better...

LOL, I better stop now or I'll be posting the whole documentary
Old 09-26-2013, 11:17 AM   #1853
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: julieboolie
Stats: 272/152.4/155 Size 26/8/4-6 :)
WOE: one day at a time!!
Start Date: July 14, 2003 - every day!!
It's good to refocus and build up that motivation!! Good for you!! It's a long road, but you're walking it, and even running it at times! Keep it up!! The healthy eating and exercise will pay off in the long run! (Minding myself of that too!)
julieboolie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 12:59 PM   #1854
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jayce
Stats: 255/214.8/212 MG# 1
WOE: Calorie Tracking & Exercise
Quote:
Thanks Deb.

Gracie~thanks. Regarding the social aspect, it's sad isn't it? Another person was saying how his whole day was consumed with thoughts about his body as soon as he woke up in the morning...how awful he looked, how bad he felt physically, was he going to fail that day with eating wrong, how much weight he'd gained, etc. Again, I was like wow, me too! He now doesn't have to be consumed this way because he's made lifestyle changes and now doesn't have to think this way. He gets up and goes about his day...wouldn't this be wonderful? I know we can't throw in the towel and not put effort into this again after the weight is lost (maintaining it can be challenging too) but to not be on the side of 'oh I need to lose weight' every day would be so much better...

LOL, I better stop now or I'll be posting the whole documentary
I can 100% relate to this -- I would love to be off of the roller coaster!
Jayce is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 08:16 AM   #1855

Hi Shari, sorry about your loss. Death is not always easy to except. Be encouraged, friend. Great job on getting back on plan. I hope you have a good weekend. Take care of yourself.
Old 09-30-2013, 08:48 AM   #1856

Thanks ladies for the well wishes and good thoughts.

I'm doing well overall. I kinda slipped this weekend and did not focus on eating healthier. I'm back on track now drinking the kale shake again but today added strawberries and granny smith apples..very good. I will have chicken breast and squash later. I feel so much better when eating the right kinds of food, although in the documentary sweetners and diet sodas are recommended to be off the list because it can cause carb cravings and weight gain. I haven't had this experience using Truvia so I'll keep this for now.
Old 09-30-2013, 09:03 AM   #1857

Sounds so good Shari!!! I am gonna have to try one of those shakes.

Keep up the GOOD EATIN! .. healthy is what it is all about.. yummy real food.
Old 10-01-2013, 07:05 AM   #1858

Yes, the shakes are good and I'm definitely getting more veggies and fruit in than I think I would if I just eating it. Plus it bumps the weight loss factor and the energy I get from it is amazing! It's like getting a shot of B12, LOL

Down 3.4 pounds today, I was very carbed up. Doing the shake plus drinking lemon water (cut lemon slices and added to water) helped to let go of some of the bloat. I roasted Butternut squash last night and it was very good. Instead of using olive oil with S & P, I added cinnamon and Truvia YUM! Reminded me of sweet potato
Old 10-01-2013, 07:10 AM   #1859

WHOOO HOOOO!!! excellent loss Shari! Keep it up!
Old 10-04-2013, 07:55 AM   #1860

Hope things are going well Shari!!