Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-24-2013, 06:11 AM   #1621
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jayce
Stats: 255/215/211 Mini-Goal
WOE: Calorie Tracking & Exercise
Keeping you in my thoughts, Shari. *hugs*

Your time off from work sounds perfect for you!
Jayce is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-24-2013, 06:16 AM   #1622
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Deb294evr
Stats: 282/work in progress/140?
WOE: LC/HCG
We do care for you Shari, and have become "family" here.. when my Dad passed last year, you were all here for me too.. When my dear friend passed away this year, again you were here for me..

We do what family does and that is support each other.. Just know that we care and are thinking of you daily.. I hope your day goes well today.. kindered spirits for SURE!!..
Deb294evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 06:47 AM   #1623
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: MagieDen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb294evr View Post
We do care for you Shari, and have become "family" here.. when my Dad passed last year, you were all here for me too.. When my dear friend passed away this year, again you were here for me..

We do what family does and that is support each other.. Just know that we care and are thinking of you daily.. I hope your day goes well today.. kindered spirits for SURE!!..
I couldn't have said this better myself. We ALL need support this journey of life can be a tough one and in so many ways we can relate to one another. ya' Shari.
MagieDen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 06:50 AM   #1624
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: julieboolie
Stats: 272/161.6/155 Size 26/8/4-6 :)
WOE: one day at a time!!
Start Date: July 14, 2003 - every day!!
I'm so glad to have helped in some small way! Thanks for welcoming me to your journal. I'll continue praying . I'm an Anne fan, so I love the "kindred spirits" line. So true!! Even though we're miles apart and cyber friends, love is love and we're here for you. Sometimes it's even easier to share online, less interruption or censure. Just vent away, and know we understand and are supporting you. You're gonna' go through all those crazy stages of grief, and it's ok. Let 'em roll through, it'll be easier on you to just go with it. Again, so wise to take the extra week and give yourself time to really process it all. :console Enjoy your precious family, hold your boys tightly and be blessed.
julieboolie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 07:20 AM   #1625

Gallery: Gracie514
Stats: 214.6/199.2/194.6 SECOND GOAL!!!
WOE: HCG- highest wt 250 lbs!!!
Start Date: 1/1/2014 LC 2/17/14 Hhcg
Quote:
Originally Posted by shari View Post
I came back here during lunch yesterday and was so touched that I couldn't respond because I had tears in my eyes and had to pull it together before meeting with my next client. I knew if I started typing it would've opened a flood gate of emotions. To each of you: I truly believe that although we are miles apart and have never met, our kindred spirits links us together in a more powerful way. I truly felt the prayers, warm thoughts and love. Thank you.
Big hugs
Gracie514 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 04:36 AM   #1626

Gallery: shari
Stats: 252/???/160-mini goal
WOE: Low carb
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayce View Post
Keeping you in my thoughts, Shari. *hugs*

Your time off from work sounds perfect for you!
Thanks Jayce

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb294evr View Post

Yes, we do. I know that you all do care and can feel it. Each day is better than the next. Physically, I'm better too so I'm not reminded all day long what happened and what's still going on..you understand since you've gone through it twice (I have too..once before my first son was born). I still tested positive for pregnancy but the doc said that can happen for about a month, until all the hormone (hcg) is completely out of my system. I'm so glad the all day nausea is gone..ugh. Got carried away LOL, but thanks again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagieDen View Post
I couldn't have said this better myself. We ALL need support this journey of life can be a tough one and in so many ways we can relate to one another. ya' Shari.
Exactly! I my LCFs!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by julieboolie View Post
I'm so glad to have helped in some small way! Thanks for welcoming me to your journal. I'll continue praying . I'm an Anne fan, so I love the "kindred spirits" line. So true!! Even though we're miles apart and cyber friends, love is love and we're here for you. Sometimes it's even easier to share online, less interruption or censure. Just vent away, and know we understand and are supporting you. You're gonna' go through all those crazy stages of grief, and it's ok. Let 'em roll through, it'll be easier on you to just go with it. Again, so wise to take the extra week and give yourself time to really process it all. :console Enjoy your precious family, hold your boys tightly and be blessed.

Oh please know that you helped in a HUGE way. Your words stated exactly all the emotions I've gone through and still have in the back of my mind. You helped to reiterate that it's normal. Yes, I'm so thankful that I do have my boys and thank God even more now that they are here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gracie514 View Post
Big hugs
Thanks hun
shari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 05:18 AM   #1627

So happy you are feeling better Shari. The nausea is the WORST!! ugh, can feel for you on that!

I hope you have a nice day, and weekend ahead! One day at a time while your homones get back to normal... enjoy the kiddos!!
Old 04-25-2013, 06:47 AM   #1628
Big Yapper!!!!

Yes, forgot about the crazy hormone part! Hang in there and I hope you have a wonderful, peaceful cruise! May He bless and restore you!
Old 05-24-2013, 01:58 PM   #1629

Getting back on track

I've been away for awhile and my weight shows. It's been an unbelievable two months...and very trying for sure. To make a very long story short, I had to have emergency surgery last Saturday because my 'miscarriage' was actually an ectopic pregnancy. It's an emotional area so I won't go into specific details but I'll just say overall I'm glad it was diagnosed before it could have turned fatal and I'm so appreciative of the support I've received from family and close friends I've shared this with.

I've been lurking more the past few days, knowing eventually I'd feel up to getting back on track and have the energy to begin controlling my weigh again. It's been an emotional roller coaster and I've turned to food for non-human comfort as it felt like it took too much energy to 'worry' about weight and how I was eating. However I feel very uncomfortable now and feel I'm in a place, slowly, that I can now focus in this area again because one thing I know for sure, gaining weight and eating unhealthy doesn't help any situation or make you feel better long term. I'm going to start my day tomorrow eating all low(er) carb and will finish today doing so as well. I faced the scale, yikes!!, and I'm still a bit bloated from surgery in my abdominal area so that gain will have to go away on it's own and after more healing.

I'm starting here for now, and hopefully this will be enough to get me back to posting daily again for accountability and tracking my eating/behavior.
Old 05-25-2013, 08:44 AM   #1630

Just one half day of eating better and I'm down 2.6 lbs, 177.8. I'll be back later to update more...
Old 05-25-2013, 10:02 AM   #1631

Awe Shari!! So very sorry to hear about this!.

That is so scary!! My Mom had an ectopic pregnancy with her 6th pregnancy and barely made it out also. That was a long time ago though. I hope you are healing well and I am happy to see you are leaning on friends and family...

I have been away for awhile also, I just was so busy then I got away from even checking in.. I am glad you are eating better and you WILL see a reduction in the weight for sure. Be kind to yourself on this journey..

I have not gained anything by some miracle after my last round. I am however only eating 1 meal a day now.. The Big Breakfast diet, haha.. such a silly name, but it is very much like CAD or CALP. I do my own version though. One meal early in the day of whatever I want. It keeps me full all day long. I can also eat later if I choose, but honestly do not want to.

Anyway!!! I wish you the best dear, thinking of you and your family.. Did you get to go on your cruise?
Old 05-25-2013, 12:05 PM   #1632

Deb!! Thanks hun, yes it was very scary and I was sooo upset that my doc missed my labs showing my hcg levels went up vs. down prior to the cruise. He's good and I remember that he and his staff are not perfect/human, so I know it was just an over sight because he knew I was going away and I think he or someone from his staff forgot to call me when I returned. I actually called him after a couple weeks because I knew I wasn't feeling right and the symptoms should not have been what they were that far long after a miscarriage. I'm just thankful that it was discovered and I'm getting better day by day.

Wonderful that you haven't gained a pound since the last round!! Your plan is definitely working for you!! Since you mentioned it, it does sound like CAD. I've never read that book but looked it up over the internet. I just worry about cravings later on...but the more I think about it/type it out, it makes sense that if you're full, you don't want to eat anything so no cravings to worry about...
Old 05-25-2013, 01:25 PM   #1633

Oh my goodness!! They didn't catch it till later.. yikes!! THANK GOD you did get treatment though, that is something!! I know drs are human too and it all turned out ok but wow.. scary.

I feel absolutely NO hunger, none. Can't think of food. It is like gorging on HCG. Only you don't gorge all day long. It is just one meal, and I don't stuff myself, but get really satisfied. You know that feeling though? Like you can't put one more bite into your mouth. That is how it feels all day for me.

It works for some, and not for others, but after too many diets I needed a change. I still know my heart and home is LC, so I will be back when I finally get to my goal!

Have a great weekend Shari!!
Old 05-26-2013, 09:09 AM   #1634

Hey Deb, hope you have a great weekend too!

Scale went up few ounces today, I snacked on nuts yesterday, with little control. But I kept it lower carb so that's a plus.
Old 05-26-2013, 09:16 AM   #1635

Morning Shari! No sweat you know LC like the back of your hand. Each day will build on the next!! Have a great day !!
Old 05-26-2013, 09:38 AM   #1636

Morning Deb! Yup, that's the way I'm thinking too...just get through each day doing my best.
Old 05-27-2013, 07:26 AM   #1637

No scale today as I ate late last night. I finally finished the can of nuts, it really helps when I want to snack on something not low carb. I feel better already, mentally, as I feel more in control and am looking forward to full ketosis with more energy and inch loss. The boys have gift cards to Applebee's and would like to go today so I already looked at the menu to know what to order and stay on plan.
Old 05-27-2013, 08:03 AM   #1638

That is wonderful Shari!! Being in control is so important. Planning ahead and having the right things on hand for your journey make it so much easier.

I always relied on nuts for that time you need something to stay on track also. My problem is that if it was MAC nuts.. I would eat the entire thing at one time. Even that is better than messing up the momentum.

Have a lovely meal with the kids!!
Old 05-28-2013, 06:21 AM   #1639

Gallery: Gracie514
Stats: 214.6/199.2/194.6 SECOND GOAL!!!
WOE: HCG- highest wt 250 lbs!!!
Start Date: 1/1/2014 LC 2/17/14 Hhcg
Shari, I'm so sorry to hear of your troubles. Thank goodness you are alright! That is so scary. Don't worry too much about the weight, it will come back off. I will be praying for you!
Gracie514 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 06:25 AM   #1640

Oh Deb, I'm the same way with cashews and pecans...yum! I almost purchased another can today but I'm trying to get into ketosis quicker so that I don't have to worry about fighting cravings.

Applebee's was good...had the steak sirloin with grilled onions, mushrooms with sides of mixed zucchini/squash and roasted broccoli. I also ordered a side salad...it was too much, I was stuffed! The scale showed a loss today of 1.8lbs to 176.6.
Old 05-28-2013, 06:33 AM   #1641

Quote:
Oh Deb, I'm the same way with cashews and pecans...yum! I almost purchased another can today but I'm trying to get into ketosis quicker so that I don't have to worry about fighting cravings.

Applebee's was good...had the steak sirloin with grilled onions, mushrooms with sides of mixed zucchini/squash and roasted broccoli. I also ordered a side salad...it was too much, I was stuffed! The scale showed a loss today of 1.8lbs to 176.6.
WHOO HOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! Go SHARI!!! that is fantastic...
Old 05-28-2013, 07:00 AM   #1642

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gracie514 View Post
Shari, I'm so sorry to hear of your troubles. Thank goodness you are alright! That is so scary. Don't worry too much about the weight, it will come back off. I will be praying for you!
thanks hun, good to 'see' you again!

Thanks Deb!
Old 05-29-2013, 07:44 AM   #1643
Major LCF Poster!

Wow, Shari -- that's a lot to go through! I'm so glad that you're on the mend now...remember to be kind and patient with yourself as you heal. That's one of the hardest things sometimes. I know I'm not blessed with patience...LOL!

Glad to hear you're already feeling better by working your plan. You've got this, lady!
Old 05-30-2013, 06:51 AM   #1644

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayce View Post
Wow, Shari -- that's a lot to go through! I'm so glad that you're on the mend now...remember to be kind and patient with yourself as you heal. That's one of the hardest things sometimes. I know I'm not blessed with patience...LOL!

Glad to hear you're already feeling better by working your plan. You've got this, lady!
Thanks for the support
Old 05-30-2013, 07:02 AM   #1645

Surprisingly I'm down 2.4lbs today, 174.2, from Tuesday's weigh in. I said surprisingly because I definitely went over my carb and calorie limit yesterday, I had fried garlic/parm chicken wings...so good but not healthy for sure. Some of the swelling has also gone down so I know that's also a factor. Today I will keep it strict and try to go lower in carbs, I know I kicked myself out of ketosis yesterday. One day at a time...
Old 06-01-2013, 07:47 AM   #1646

Didn't do so well Thursday, carb wise but I pulled it together and stuck to plan yesterday. Scale still showed a gain from Thursday's weigh in, 175.4, up 1.2lbs. I'm not weighing daily but I am weighing as often as I'm up to it...I've learned that I need to see the gains and losses to keep me motivated or to know when I'm going in the opposite unwanted direction. Down 5lbs in 8 days, I'm happy with that.
Old 06-01-2013, 08:31 AM   #1647

That is great Shari! I have to agree with you on the weighing as much as I hate it. Have to go back to weighing daily to see the pattern. You have done wonderful for your first week back!
Old 06-01-2013, 11:53 AM   #1648
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
I've been away for awhile and my weight shows. It's been an unbelievable two months...and very trying for sure. To make a very long story short, I had to have emergency surgery last Saturday because my 'miscarriage' was actually an ectopic pregnancy. It's an emotional area so I won't go into specific details but I'll just say overall I'm glad it was diagnosed before it could have turned fatal and I'm so appreciative of the support I've received from family and close friends I've shared this with.

I've been lurking more the past few days, knowing eventually I'd feel up to getting back on track and have the energy to begin controlling my weigh again. It's been an emotional roller coaster and I've turned to food for non-human comfort as it felt like it took too much energy to 'worry' about weight and how I was eating. However I feel very uncomfortable now and feel I'm in a place, slowly, that I can now focus in this area again because one thing I know for sure, gaining weight and eating unhealthy doesn't help any situation or make you feel better long term. I'm going to start my day tomorrow eating all low(er) carb and will finish today doing so as well. I faced the scale, yikes!!, and I'm still a bit bloated from surgery in my abdominal area so that gain will have to go away on it's own and after more healing.

I'm starting here for now, and hopefully this will be enough to get me back to posting daily again for accountability and tracking my eating/behavior.
I'm so sorry to read this, but relieved they caught it in time and you're ok! hang in there sweetie! Good for you getting the weight back down so quickly, I need to do that myself!
Old 06-03-2013, 06:12 AM   #1649
Major LCF Poster!

Hope you had a good weekend, Shari! Your weight is moving in the right direction overall...WTG!
Old 06-05-2013, 06:34 AM   #1650

Thanks Deb, Julie and Jayce for the ongoing support!

I've been in a blah mood over the past few days so I didn't feel like posting. Since having surgery, I don't know when TOM is due but I've been having night sweats, moodiness, crying, etc. so maybe it's time. Everything just seems 'off' now...

I've been up and down 2lbs over the past couple days. I know lc works but I feel like I want to change things up. I saw a poster mention the Mediterranean Diet which looks very good for someone like me with elevated cholesterol. I'm on the fence about trying it, doing more research. Also, LA Fitness is opening around the corner from me and I'm strongly considering joining. I'd love to start Zumba and Yoga classes. I'll stop by soon to look at the facility. It may be just what I need to help get me back into loving exercise again.