Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-25-2013, 06:17 AM   #1591
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: MagieDen
Stats: Goal Wt-135 lbs! (-8 lbs.)
WOE: Stillman's - Not my lifetime woe!
Start Date: 7/28/14 - 8/17/14
Shari it's Monday and I am sure your week is off and running, why wouldn't it with a full time job and you being a full time mom.

Have a nice Monday and a great week!

MagieDen is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-26-2013, 03:26 AM   #1592
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: shari
Stats: 252/186/179-mini goal
WOE: hcg 2.0
Thanks Maggie! Yup, it's a busy week..up and running.

I think I will have to start tracking calories too because the scale is bouncing between the same pounds. I'm 165 today and have been in this range for the past couple weeks. Glad I've maintained since the cleanse but I'm ready for some movement down. It seems I get to 164.something then go back up to 167, then down again. So my tracker and I will become buds again.
shari is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 06:32 AM   #1593

Gallery: Gracie514
Stats: 214.6/198/194.6 SECOND GOAL!!!
WOE: HCG- highest wt 250 lbs!!!
Start Date: 1/1/2014 LC 2/17/14 Hhcg
Shari! I think it's great that you are staying where you left off after the cleanse. I would've thought your body may rebound after fasting but it didn't, YAY!!! Just think, you are only 5 pounds away from the 150's That is awesome!!!!
Gracie514 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 07:32 AM   #1594

I know, I thought it would do the same, Gracie...pleasantly surprised it didn't Maybe because I did Omaha right after...but I didn't stay on it long enough to 'stabilize' so it's a mystery. I'm not complaining though LOL! I know...only 5 lbs away...
Old 03-27-2013, 05:10 AM   #1595

Gallery: Deb294evr
Stats: 282/ working on it /140?
WOE: seaching for the right plan for ME
no, don't complain!! I would be thrilled to be where you are... Keep up the good work, cruise is coming!!!
Deb294evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 04:07 AM   #1596

Thanks Deb Yes, the cruise is close now 29 days!! I'm so excited already...I don't care how many times you cruise, if you're an addict like me it's like the first time all over again LOL.

I haven't been tracking like I said and the scale is still going up and down. Yesterday it was 167... but my clothes are loose so I know I'm losing inches. The stix is showing that I'm in deep ketosis, fat burning in full effect!
Old 03-28-2013, 05:11 AM   #1597

Quote:
Originally Posted by shari View Post
Thanks Deb Yes, the cruise is close now 29 days!! I'm so excited already...I don't care how many times you cruise, if you're an addict like me it's like the first time all over again LOL.

I haven't been tracking like I said and the scale is still going up and down. Yesterday it was 167... but my clothes are loose so I know I'm losing inches. The stix is showing that I'm in deep ketosis, fat burning in full effect!
EXCELLENT!! that is where I ALMOST am... today is the third day and I am hoping for good Ketosis soon!!! Keep up the great work!!! Excited for you!
Old 03-28-2013, 06:07 AM   #1598
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I'm so excited for you about this upcoming cruise. Now are you going clothes shopping for the cruise or what? Inches lost is fantatstic always the best part of losing weight, don't you think? I mean I get gaga that the scale has gone down but when my clothes fill looser I am more happy! Are the boys going with you, I am sure you answered this in previous posts but I am too lazy to go back and look to see what you said.

Have a nice Thursday!

Old 03-30-2013, 09:02 AM   #1599

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb294evr View Post
EXCELLENT!! that is where I ALMOST am... today is the third day and I am hoping for good Ketosis soon!!! Keep up the great work!!! Excited for you!
Wishing the same for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagieDen View Post
I'm so excited for you about this upcoming cruise. Now are you going clothes shopping for the cruise or what? Inches lost is fantatstic always the best part of losing weight, don't you think? I mean I get gaga that the scale has gone down but when my clothes fill looser I am more happy! Are the boys going with you, I am sure you answered this in previous posts but I am too lazy to go back and look to see what you said.

Have a nice Thursday!

I may pick up a couple of tshirts to wear with my shorts and capris during the daytime but for the most part, I have enough clothes. I do need to get sandals though. Nope, the boys aren't going on this cruise..adults only. We're taking them on cruise later this year so they are excited about that.
Old 03-30-2013, 09:05 AM   #1600

nothing new to report..scale still doing what it does, 165.4 today, but I believe I'm stalling due to inch loss. My neighbor stopped me yesterday and asked what was I doing because now I'm getting "skinny". Of course I far from being skinny but it was nice to hear that I'm noticeably smaller although I weigh the same. Easter brunch tomorrow, I'm going to do my best to keep it clean.
Old 03-31-2013, 12:09 PM   #1601

What a nice compliment!!! You are doing great Shari. I hope today is going wonderful for you and your family!
Old 03-31-2013, 08:56 PM   #1602

Gallery: Meek75
WOE: Atkins Inductions for 14 Days
Start Date: 6/10/2014
Hi Shari. Just stopping by to see how you're doing? I need to go back and read, but what plan are you following? Girl, you are so close to being down with the 160's. Keep going, Ms. Skinny Minnie . Have a great week!
Meek75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 06:05 AM   #1603

Quote:
What a nice compliment!!! You are doing great Shari. I hope today is going wonderful for you and your family!
Hope you had a wonderful day as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meek75 View Post
Hi Shari. Just stopping by to see how you're doing? I need to go back and read, but what plan are you following? Girl, you are so close to being down with the 160's. Keep going, Ms. Skinny Minnie . Have a great week!
Hey lady! I'm doing what I always do in default mode, low carb LOL. Hope you have a great week as well.
Old 04-01-2013, 06:10 AM   #1604

I enjoyed Easter brunch yesterday with family...ate higher carb food, but I am back to lower carb today. I weighed to see the damage done just to make sure I stay lower carb as I know seeing that higher number will help!
Old 04-01-2013, 09:48 AM   #1605

I am glad you enjoyed your Easter Brunch!!

I feel the same way as you today, ugh. However, back on track also, and it was not that hard. I hate my stomach hurting from eating sugar of any kind.. ick!
Old 04-01-2013, 01:12 PM   #1606
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hey Shari, hope you had a wonderful Easter weekend. The scale will eventually cooperate as we all well know. Have a nice Monday, at least what is left of it.
Old 04-05-2013, 11:21 AM   #1607
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

My feet are killing me today Shari, too many church stairs to climb when cleaning. How are you? Have a restful weekend lady.
Old 04-07-2013, 05:34 AM   #1608

Thanks Deb, it was very nice and beautiful..for many reasons.

Thanks Maggie. I hope your feet are better today. I'm doing well overall. Getting more and more excited for my trip...less than 3wks away.

I've been holding in the mid 160's. I think I'm just taking a break right now, mentally. This is certainly not unusual for me, every once in awhile I need to do this before moving on. My goal for now is to just keep an eye on the scale to make sure it doesn't move up, up and away so I weigh every other day or so.
Old 04-07-2013, 07:43 AM   #1609

That sounds wonderful Shari!! Keep on doing what you are doing, sure seems to be working for you!

Have a great Sunday! I bet you are so excited for your cruise..envious!
Old 04-07-2013, 10:36 AM   #1610
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shari View Post

Thanks Maggie. I hope your feet are better today. I'm doing well overall. Getting more and more excited for my trip...less than 3wks away.

I've been holding in the mid 160's. I think I'm just taking a break right now, mentally. This is certainly not unusual for me, every once in awhile I need to do this before moving on. My goal for now is to just keep an eye on the scale to make sure it doesn't move up, up and away so I weigh every other day or so.
I am excited about your cruise plans as well Shari, only wished I could go. Your plan to have a watchful eye on that crazy scale is a good plan, it sometimes likes to move in the wrong direction for my liking. How long will you be cruising for? I am sure you will enjoy the beautiful places you visit and be all rested up when you get back.
Old 04-12-2013, 06:14 AM   #1611

Hi Shari!!!! Hope you are doing well and having a great Friday!
Old 04-12-2013, 07:16 AM   #1612

Hope all is well Shari!!!
Old 04-23-2013, 03:37 AM   #1613

Typed yesterday but didn't post

I can't believe it's been a long time since I've posted. And boy, a lot has happened since then. I became emotionally drained about the weight loss thing so I took a break from the boards, then something happened that totally shocked me...I found out I was pregnant!!! I can't even explain the range of emotions I've been going through. I thought I was done having kids as my two kids are 12 & 10...each turning a year older later this year. I went from being totally excited to angry at myself (goofed on the bc) because of a whole life shift needing to take place, within one hour I'd have these feelings. G was shocked as well as he'd prepared to not have kids due to his age (45) but he was happy and ready for the adjustment. Well to make a long and painful story short, I miscarried last Thursday. Anyone who has gone through this understand the emotions that comes along with this and how physically awful it is. One moment I feel guilty and totally at fault, like I maybe caused the miscarriage because I was really stressed and at times felt I didn't want another child (sad to say but true) then I begin to feel sad/mourn for the little life that is lost because I know I would've adjusted and loved him/her as much as my other two kids.

Since all this has happened, my weight naturally went up from pregnancy...I didn't even know what I weighed until I went to the doctor last week. I was 173.8. My body is still going through the process of miscarriage so I'm not overdoing it but I need to have control in some aspect of my life right now, you know? So I started lower carbs yesterday just to stop overdoing it and eating to emotions. I go back to the doctor this week to make sure my hcg levels are going down naturally so I guess I'll know then what I weigh.

I debated on sharing this very intimate detail of my life because as you all know that visit my journal, I'm very private (except regarding weight), but I need to journal my thoughts somewhere and I know you all are very supportive. G is always here for me, my soft spot and human comforter during this time and in my life period. I know he tries to understand but I can't put into words the range of emotions I'm having, I snapped at him the other day..my hormones are all over the place.

Ironically we go on the cruise this Saturday so the timing couldn't be better but we're having to make some adjustments to excursions as I was advised to not get into pools, swim, take a bath, etc. I could probably do snorkeling later in the week but why chance it? I also took off an additional week from work, I need to emotionally get myself together before I feel I'm able to really be there for my clients. I have to bust my @ss this week but isn't it always like this before you go on vacation, LOL? Two weeks vacation, so looking forward to it.

I miss you all and wanted to just say 'hi' and update you on whats been going on. I will and need to come back so that I don't let my emotions take total control as I want to just eat whatever sometimes but I know that will only make me feel worse so I can't go down that road.
Old 04-23-2013, 03:38 AM   #1614

Today I'm 170.4, so it's down. I thought I wouldn't weigh until the doctor's office weigh in but I couldn't resist. I'm feeling better day by day.
Old 04-23-2013, 03:50 AM   #1615

oh Shari!!! So sorry about your loss, I also miscarried twice so I know how you are feeling.. The emotions are all over the place... I am so glad you are going to take some time this week to recover and your cruise will also provide a nice time away from it all.

Thinking of you and G and praying you find peace and comfort in each other..

As for your weight... it will all fall into place.. take control where you can, and take CARE OF YOU!!!!
Old 04-23-2013, 05:18 AM   #1616
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Shari wanted to post to see how you have been doing but didn't want to be annoying so I didn't. I know you have said in the past that you are a private person so I was trying to respect you and wait for a post so I could respond. I am so glad that you feel comfortable enough to post what has been happening in your personal life, I know that this is not an easy thing to do. My heart hurts for you in your loss and I hope and pray that you know I trully care. I have never miscarried so I can't say I understand fully but I just want you to know that you and G and your children are in my prayers for comfort and healing during your time of grief. The cruise will be a good time for all of you to just take in all that has been going on, enjoy what you can and know that you should enjoy yourself no matter the circumstances. I have missed you as well and am glad that you let us all know what has been going on with you, it has taken alot of courage for you to reach out and share and I am glad you did. Take care of yourself and don't worry over that nasty scale, just take time for YOU.

Short term goal - 175 lbs. 12/25/14
One life to live, one day at a time, one pound at a time!
Old 04-23-2013, 06:22 AM   #1617

Oh Shari, I am so sorry for your troubles. I never experienced a miscarriage myself but my sister has and it was awful. I had a scare with Erin early on and the emotions just with that were outrageous. I will pray that you and G find comfort in knowing that it wasn't anything that you did, it just wasn't meant to be right now. God has a plan whether we understand it or not. Don't worry about your weight right now unless it gives you something else to focus on. Try to relax and get your body back to normal. Prayers for you my friend
1/5/14 GOAL #1 BACK TO ONEDERLAND 3/4/14 MADE IT
3/4/14 GOAL #2 194.6 (20 LBS EVICTED FOR 2014)
TAKING IT ONE DAY AT A TIME
Old 04-23-2013, 09:47 AM   #1618
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: julieboolie
Stats: 272/152.4/155 Size 26/8/4-6 :)
WOE: one day at a time!!
Start Date: July 14, 2003 - every day!!
I debated replying, as I don't want to violate your privacy. But then realized that I already read your post, and didn't want to pretend I hadn't. I'm so sorry for your loss!! I completely understand the range of emotions you are feeling. I am glad to see you'll be on a cruise soon with your family, enjoying your children and counting your blessings. I also know you will be mourning what "could have been" and wanted you to know it's all ok. There will be a roller coaster of emotions for a while. It's all okay. Be gentle with yourself .
I want to tell you my experience, on the off chance it will encourage you. I, like you, don't talk about it much. I've miscarried 3 times, each one around 12-14 weeks, 2 requiring surgery to resolve. . some of the worst and darkest years of my life.
My first one was when my oldest dd was only a few months old. My initial reaction to being pregnant was mixed. They would have been less than a year apart! When I m/c I was both relieved and destroyed. Quite a crazy range of emotions. Your guilt is normal, but not necessary. You could not have wished this baby away, and didn't. If he/she had lived you would have adjusted and celebrated this little blessing. I ran the gamut of emotions and finally made peace with choosing to believe it was a blessing in disguise. Maybe there was something wrong with my baby and God loved him/her enough to spare him/her a lifetime of suffering? Any number of possible explanations, but it boiled down to me trusting Him, and believing that He knew better than me. I, unfortunately, got to practice this submission and acceptance of "things beyond my understanding or control" 2 more times before God blessed be w/ dd(9). I don't know why this has happened to you, but I will be praying for you, and your family. I admire how well you're handling this and hope the next 2 weeks will refresh, restore, heal and encourage you!
julieboolie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 03:28 AM   #1619

Quote:
oh Shari!!! So sorry about your loss, I also miscarried twice so I know how you are feeling.. The emotions are all over the place... I am so glad you are going to take some time this week to recover and your cruise will also provide a nice time away from it all.

Thinking of you and G and praying you find peace and comfort in each other..

As for your weight... it will all fall into place.. take control where you can, and take CARE OF YOU!!!!
Thanks Deb, yes the cruise couldn't come at a better time. I'm trying to control what I can and what I can't leave it alone. I'm thinking often of the Serenity Prayer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagieDen View Post
Shari wanted to post to see how you have been doing but didn't want to be annoying so I didn't. I know you have said in the past that you are a private person so I was trying to respect you and wait for a post so I could respond. I am so glad that you feel comfortable enough to post what has been happening in your personal life, I know that this is not an easy thing to do. My heart hurts for you in your loss and I hope and pray that you know I trully care. I have never miscarried so I can't say I understand fully but I just want you to know that you and G and your children are in my prayers for comfort and healing during your time of grief. The cruise will be a good time for all of you to just take in all that has been going on, enjoy what you can and know that you should enjoy yourself no matter the circumstances. I have missed you as well and am glad that you let us all know what has been going on with you, it has taken alot of courage for you to reach out and share and I am glad you did. Take care of yourself and don't worry over that nasty scale, just take time for YOU.

I know that you do care, it's the reason that I did share something so personal on a public site. I care about you as well and really appreciate the heartfelt words.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gracie514 View Post
Oh Shari, I am so sorry for your troubles. I never experienced a miscarriage myself but my sister has and it was awful. I had a scare with Erin early on and the emotions just with that were outrageous. I will pray that you and G find comfort in knowing that it wasn't anything that you did, it just wasn't meant to be right now. God has a plan whether we understand it or not. Don't worry about your weight right now unless it gives you something else to focus on. Try to relax and get your body back to normal. Prayers for you my friend
So true. I don't understand the purpose right now but sometimes we understand later. Thanks for the support and kind words/thoughts. I realize that my body will get back to normal on it's own and I need time to heal, so I'm not too strict right now. I'm working more on the 'emotional eating' part.

Quote:
Originally Posted by julieboolie View Post
I debated replying, as I don't want to violate your privacy. But then realized that I already read your post, and didn't want to pretend I hadn't. I'm so sorry for your loss!! I completely understand the range of emotions you are feeling. I am glad to see you'll be on a cruise soon with your family, enjoying your children and counting your blessings. I also know you will be mourning what "could have been" and wanted you to know it's all ok. There will be a roller coaster of emotions for a while. It's all okay. Be gentle with yourself .
I want to tell you my experience, on the off chance it will encourage you. I, like you, don't talk about it much. I've miscarried 3 times, each one around 12-14 weeks, 2 requiring surgery to resolve. . some of the worst and darkest years of my life.
My first one was when my oldest dd was only a few months old. My initial reaction to being pregnant was mixed. They would have been less than a year apart! When I m/c I was both relieved and destroyed. Quite a crazy range of emotions. Your guilt is normal, but not necessary. You could not have wished this baby away, and didn't. If he/she had lived you would have adjusted and celebrated this little blessing. I ran the gamut of emotions and finally made peace with choosing to believe it was a blessing in disguise. Maybe there was something wrong with my baby and God loved him/her enough to spare him/her a lifetime of suffering? Any number of possible explanations, but it boiled down to me trusting Him, and believing that He knew better than me. I, unfortunately, got to practice this submission and acceptance of "things beyond my understanding or control" 2 more times before God blessed be w/ dd(9). I don't know why this has happened to you, but I will be praying for you, and your family. I admire how well you're handling this and hope the next 2 weeks will refresh, restore, heal and encourage you!
Thanks for sharing your experience and I'm so glad you posted. Please don't feel you are invading my privacy, we correspond on Deb's journal so I feel like I already know you. It does boil down to this (bold part) and acceptance. Your words I could have written verbatim as I've been thinking and feeling the same things. Your words are comforting and I really appreciate you posting. Please feel free to visit anytime.
Old 04-24-2013, 03:32 AM   #1620

I came back here during lunch yesterday and was so touched that I couldn't respond because I had tears in my eyes and had to pull it together before meeting with my next client. I knew if I started typing it would've opened a flood gate of emotions. To each of you: I truly believe that although we are miles apart and have never met, our kindred spirits links us together in a more powerful way. I truly felt the prayers, warm thoughts and love. Thank you.