LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-12-2013, 07:01 AM   #1561
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: shari
Stats: 252/???/160-mini goal
WOE: Low carb
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayce View Post
3.5 hour wait???? They must be smoking crack. LOL. I love that restaurant too, but that is absolutely ridiculous.

Congrats on your progress, lady!
our feelings exactly!! We looked at her like she was joking...I've never heard of such a thing...it's not like it was going out of business LOL. Thanks for the support!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceecee08 View Post
3.5 hours!!! I don't think so.

Good for you trying to get the veggies in. Do you think green smoothies would be more enticing?
Thanks Cee. What kind of green smoothies? Are you asking in place of the lemonade diet to use green smoothies?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagieDen View Post
Your pole dancing class really sounded fun. Wow, what a workout you got. I am sure a person really needs alot of upper body strength to get around that pole. I bet you were all laughing and having some fun with this and it must have been funny watching everyone giving going around that pole a go. I am sure if you go again you will be an expert at it. Good to hear you had a fun time. Have a nice Monday and thank you for visiting me.
Yes, you do! I mean to go all the way up then come back down, upside down...slowly. Um yeah, I can see why you get a lot of bruises. She said she once went to a concert and had shorts on but it showed a bruise in between her legs. A man kept looking at her down there, so she said after a few drinks and getting tired of him staring at her, she told him "Yeah, I like it rough!" She said he was so embarrassed that he moved from her and wouldn't look at her again. Now that's totally something I'd do too

haha, an expert? I was like jelly around that pole. It would definitely take years since I'm so out of shape.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dedicated View Post
LOL!!! I would have to eat and then in 3.5 hrs I would be ready to eat again.

Shari! Hope you get a whoosh!
LOL, right? I'm meeting some friends this weekend at another CF. So can't be avoided...wish me luck!

Last edited by shari; 03-12-2013 at 07:04 AM..
shari is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-12-2013, 07:03 AM   #1562

I've been craving and eating higher fat so the scale jumped up a bit to 166.2, up 1.8lbs. Gotta get it under control before Maggie send TOM my way. Busy now so I'll come back later around lunch to visit other journals. Happy Tuesday!
Old 03-12-2013, 07:26 AM   #1563
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: ceecee08
Stats: 292.6/284.7/170 5'9
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Restart 1/4/2013
Well, I know some people do green smoothies as meals. Blending kale or greens with fresh fruits. They are sweet because of the fruits of course and very filling. I have had them before and once I lose all I want to lose and go into maintainence I will start back. A great way to get all the nutrients from uncooked raw veggies and fruits.
ceecee08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 10:02 AM   #1564

Ok, yes I have heard of others doing this. I can certainly see how it's very beneficial because you're getting raw veggies plus the fruit in at one time. I remember drinking a green shake when doing the protocol some time ago. I thought it would taste nasty but it wasn't too bad, after you got past the initial sip LOL
Old 03-12-2013, 12:28 PM   #1565

Gallery: Gracie514
Stats: 214.6/199.2/194.6 SECOND GOAL!!!
WOE: HCG- highest wt 250 lbs!!!
Start Date: 1/1/2014 LC 2/17/14 Hhcg
Hi Shari.. Tom is still lingering at my house but I'm about ready to kick to the curb and send him off to your house
Gracie514 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 03:49 AM   #1566

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gracie514 View Post
Hi Shari.. Tom is still lingering at my house but I'm about ready to kick to the curb and send him off to your house
Nooooo!!! I hate to say it, sorry Maggie, but he goes to Maggie next then she sends him to me. At least that's been the trend. I get the visitis earlier each month by a 3-4 day window so soon he'll be visiting us together.
Old 03-13-2013, 03:52 AM   #1567

Gallery: Deb294evr
Stats: 282/work in progress/140?
WOE: LC/HCG
Sorry Ladies!! Tom skips my house every month now! I am SO HAPPY!!!..

Have a great day Shari!..
Deb294evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 03:56 AM   #1568

Today the scale showed 165.6, down 0.8. It seems my body has settled/rested around this number, I was 164.4 after the cleanse. That's okay, it's better than 179.4 which was my pre-cleanse weight. I have been having more fat so I guess this is an adjustment period too. Frankly, I thought I'd gain more after adding food again so I'm pleasantly surprised...no complaints!

Today is the monthly bday celebrations at work, so I'll have to politely work around this, again. Happy Hump day!

Last edited by shari; 03-13-2013 at 03:57 AM..
Old 03-13-2013, 05:38 AM   #1569
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Just say NO to the cake!!!!!!!!!! LOL

Glad you are keeping the weight off.

Happy Hump Day.... Now Hump it out
Old 03-14-2013, 04:34 AM   #1570

Deb~ just rub it in... Lucky you! One day...

Cee~ thanks! hump it out

Back to 164.4. I took a break from omaha...I think after being on the cleanse my body wanted/craved fat again and with omaha you don't get a lot of it. I didn't want to 'cheat' and waste my hhcg drops so I went with my body's cues. I got a new bottle in the mail so when I'm ready to do it again, I'll be good to go. As always I just try to take it day by day and make the best decisions I can at the present time.
Old 03-14-2013, 04:43 AM   #1571

Sounds very reasonable to me Shari! Good luck with your course!..

You know I always heard bad things about the whole menopause thing, and I can honestly say for ME, I have never had a better time in my life!!! No TOM, no side effects at all. Maybe I am a lucky one? Not sure, but I am grateful!. Also, no bio hormone taking for me, I don't need it!..

Have a great ALMOST FRIDAY!..
Old 03-14-2013, 05:04 AM   #1572
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: MagieDen
Happy Thursday Shari, good to hear that the scale is cooperating with you. No TOM as of yet so I can't technically send him your way, I do hope he doesn't show up early at your house. Believe you me he is a unperdictable character he is, showing up when he wants too these days. Anyhoo, you are doing great and so happy that you are happy about how things are going for you. Keep up the good work!
MagieDen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 06:34 AM   #1573
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Have a great day Shari!! Great work getting down to your 164.
Old 03-14-2013, 06:54 AM   #1574
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jayce
Stats: 255/215/211 Mini-Goal
WOE: Calorie Tracking & Exercise
I tell you what...I think these new pills I'm on are screwing with me! I'm on Lo Loestrin Fe (they gave me 2 months' worth free -- thank God, b/c even with insurance, it costs around $75!!), so I figured I'd take it and see what I thought. I just had TOM 2 weeks ago, and now I'm spotting again. GRRRRR! I really dislike being female sometimes! I told my bf that this morning...lol!

Hope you have a great Thursday, Shari! You will find what works for you...no worries.
Jayce is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 08:24 AM   #1575
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Kocobear
Stats: 296.4/273.4/210
WOE: Protocol Atkins
Start Date: January 12, 2013
Hey Shari!! I've been craving chocolate cake donuts and wild cherry slurpees the last two weeks, so I know what you mean. But, TOM decided to swing through here this week. Prayerfully, he'll be gone by Saturday (please Lord). I'm still losing in the midst, though.

I must admit that I'm a little jelly that you lost those 15 pounds on 10 days of the cleanse! But, I am very happy for you too because I couldn't do it. Although my hubby has mentioned adding cayenne pepper to my food to aid in the loss. I am not sure I want to try it with my current stomach issues. I've still got 2 more months of taking Prilosec. I think the cayenne may burn a hole in my tummy .
Old 03-16-2013, 07:34 AM   #1576

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb294evr View Post
Sounds very reasonable to me Shari! Good luck with your course!..

You know I always heard bad things about the whole menopause thing, and I can honestly say for ME, I have never had a better time in my life!!! No TOM, no side effects at all. Maybe I am a lucky one? Not sure, but I am grateful!. Also, no bio hormone taking for me, I don't need it!..

Have a great ALMOST FRIDAY!..
yes, you are a lucky one! my mom is going through it now and it's not nice. she's suffering from insomnia, hot flashes, hair loss, etc. She takes hormones to help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagieDen View Post
Happy Thursday Shari, good to hear that the scale is cooperating with you. No TOM as of yet so I can't technically send him your way, I do hope he doesn't show up early at your house. Believe you me he is a unperdictable character he is, showing up when he wants too these days. Anyhoo, you are doing great and so happy that you are happy about how things are going for you. Keep up the good work!
\

thanks Maggie! PMS is definitely in full swing...more hunger and appetite than before. I've been snacking before bedtime which is not good...finally finished the can of cashews so no more. Hope you have a great weekend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceecee08 View Post
Have a great day Shari!! Great work getting down to your 164.
thanks Cee!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayce View Post
I tell you what...I think these new pills I'm on are screwing with me! I'm on Lo Loestrin Fe (they gave me 2 months' worth free -- thank God, b/c even with insurance, it costs around $75!!), so I figured I'd take it and see what I thought. I just had TOM 2 weeks ago, and now I'm spotting again. GRRRRR! I really dislike being female sometimes! I told my bf that this morning...lol!

Hope you have a great Thursday, Shari! You will find what works for you...no worries.
thanks Jayce I'm sorry you're going through that, any type of bc does that to me, even if it has just a tiny bit of hormones like what you're taking. I tried Depo once and spotted the whole 3 mths...I was miserable. I've tried a few and the only one that worked really well was the non-hormonal IUD that lasted for 10 years. Have you considered that one? I know Mirena didn't work for you...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kocobear View Post
Hey Shari!! I've been craving chocolate cake donuts and wild cherry slurpees the last two weeks, so I know what you mean. But, TOM decided to swing through here this week. Prayerfully, he'll be gone by Saturday (please Lord). I'm still losing in the midst, though.

I must admit that I'm a little jelly that you lost those 15 pounds on 10 days of the cleanse! But, I am very happy for you too because I couldn't do it. Although my hubby has mentioned adding cayenne pepper to my food to aid in the loss. I am not sure I want to try it with my current stomach issues. I've still got 2 more months of taking Prilosec. I think the cayenne may burn a hole in my tummy .
Hope TOM is gone by today! Glad to hear you're still on track despite his presence. Regarding the weight loss from the cleanse, I'm surprised too! I can't remember how much I gained before after eating again, but it was more than this. I'm happy though because it was rough for the first few days but I'm glad I made it through. Yeah, I'm not sure you should add cayenne pepper with already having stomach issues and already taking Prilosec. You're doing good now..don't need to change a thing!

Last edited by shari; 03-16-2013 at 07:41 AM..
Old 03-16-2013, 07:38 AM   #1577

Scale is up to 166.2, as mentioned before I've been snacking more and eating a can of cashews added to the gain. Getting a hold of things before I gain more. Busy day ahead, so need to go. Have a great weekend everyone!
Old 03-18-2013, 03:52 AM   #1578

You go Shari! you know what to do. I am the same way though, so I need to take my own advice! Have a wonderful day!..
Old 03-18-2013, 04:05 AM   #1579

Hey Deb! Yes, I/we know what to do..just gotta stick to it and do it Hope you have a wonderful day as well.

No need to go into specific details so I'll just say I went to Cheesecake Factory of Saturday and had a really great time. I weighed yesterday despite knowing it wasn't going to be pretty but it went down thankfully. I'm sitting at 167.4. I have a lot of thoughts but am tired of typing the same thing over and over so it's time to just do it...less talk, more action.

Last edited by shari; 03-18-2013 at 04:06 AM..
Old 03-18-2013, 04:06 AM   #1580

I hear THAT!.. me too!..
Old 03-18-2013, 07:10 AM   #1581
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good Morning Shari!!

That water weight will come off in no time.

Have a great day!
Old 03-18-2013, 08:07 AM   #1582
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yummyyyyy cheesecake! Oh that's right I am in P2 no cheesecake for me. I shouldn't have cheesecake anyway would totally make my BS wonky. Ahhh, the cheesecake fiasco will be history and you will make better choices for yourself as always. Are you excited about your up and coming cruise? Have a nice Monday Shari.

Old 03-19-2013, 03:26 AM   #1583

Deb, it's same song and dance, huh? One day we will be doing a different dance.

Cee, thanks hun. I'm glad it went down pretty quickly.

Maggie, YES I'm very excited!! My fav pastime is going on the cruise boards and reading all the entertaining posts...some ship reviews, a lot of information and a lot of opinions with sarcasm especially with the carnival ship troubles now. I'm going on royal carribean but am a carnival fan too. Nothing short of reports of frequent deaths will stop me from cruising. I can't wait until the boys go later this year.
Old 03-19-2013, 03:34 AM   #1584

No scale today, TOM is here in all it's glory I'm glad though so I can stop snacking as much and with the dates I know for sure it will be here and over next month right before my cruise in 36 days!! I'm beyond excited since it's been 2 years and when you're a cruise addict, it's serious LOL. I've been eating on plan since Sunday. My goal is to be in the 150's before the cruise ..definitely doable if I do what I know to do. Gotta run, bbl...

Last edited by shari; 03-19-2013 at 03:35 AM..
Old 03-19-2013, 03:35 AM   #1585

I've never been on a cruise, but used to go out on my Dad's big ole fishing boat every weekend when we lived in Riverside, CA. Every weekend, I had to be the BOY because he only had 5 girls...

I loved spending the time with my Dad and used to love deep sea fishing, but I got so seasick EVERY TIME I WENT OUT.. This kind of put me off the ocean for long periods of time.... although a cruise ship is HUMOOGEOUS!!! compared to a fishing boat, I still think I will get seasick...

I hope you have a WONDERFUL TIME!!! I know you will, you are experienced!!
Old 03-21-2013, 05:46 AM   #1586
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shari View Post
No scale today, TOM is here in all it's glory I'm glad though so I can stop snacking as much and with the dates I know for sure it will be here and over next month right before my cruise in 36 days!! I'm beyond excited since it's been 2 years and when you're a cruise addict, it's serious LOL. I've been eating on plan since Sunday. My goal is to be in the 150's before the cruise ..definitely doable if I do what I know to do. Gotta run, bbl...
Cruise addict You are difinitely excited, I can tell. Oh phooey TOM he drives me batty. Yep, stay far away from that scale for now until he packs his bags and leaves. 150's here you come. Have a nice weekend Shari, despite Tom's visit.
Old 03-21-2013, 09:37 AM   #1587

Gallery: Gracie514
Stats: 214.6/199.2/194.6 SECOND GOAL!!!
WOE: HCG- highest wt 250 lbs!!!
Start Date: 1/1/2014 LC 2/17/14 Hhcg
Hi Shari! I knew TOM would be visiting you because he recently broke up with me He's a scoundrel Hope all is well
Gracie514 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 09:06 PM   #1588

Gallery: Meek75
WOE: Whole Foods. No Sugar
Hello Shari!!!
Meek75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 07:05 AM   #1589

Hey ladies! You know how every once in a while you just get tired of talking about yourself and need a break? That's the place I've been in so I've neglected my daily journal. Sometimes I'd rather just lurk....

Thanks a lot Gracie, your cheating scoundrel (TOM) had a quickie with me and left like a thief in the night! But that's the kind of affair I don't mind and would gladly participate in each and every month LOL. It brought some pounds with it but now I'm going down again. Sitting at 165.4 so only 6 lbs to go until the next decade.

Deb~ I do get a bit seasick when the ship is moving quickly but I take the pill for motion sickness, can't remember the name now, but this time will try ginger pills..everyone says it works well but I've never tried it. It isn't too bad, so it really doesn't ruin my vacation. Plus, a lot of the newer ships are built so that the motion is felt minimally than the older ships. Yes, I'm ready!!

Meek~ cute pic! Nice 'seeing' you again.

Maggie~ thanks, you too!
Old 03-23-2013, 09:03 AM   #1590

I know exactly what you mean Shari! I am in the same boat. Hate talking aboiut myself too much with the same results... We will all get it figured out, just have to keep on going.. no matter what..

Have a GREAT weekend!!