Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-26-2013, 03:07 PM   #1501
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: MagieDen
Stats: Twoterville/Want To Be In Onederland!
WOE: Atkins 72
Start Date: 9/1/2014
Shari I am sorry that you are bloated and swollen from the flush, that really stinks. I so hate that feeling. Always in the end do what is best for you I am sure G would understand. Here for you in whatever you do.
MagieDen is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-26-2013, 07:20 PM   #1502
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: shari
Stats: 252/186/179-mini goal
WOE: hcg 2.0
Well, I realized later on that I've been using too much sea salt! That definitely explains the gain so I'm going to change that tomorrow. I feel better now than I did earlier, you see I'm still up LOL.

For now, I'll just go one day at a time, I'll just post daily and see how it goes. I talked to G and he understands and supports whatever I decide to do. Thanks ladies for sticking by and going with whatever way I flow!!

Last edited by shari; 02-26-2013 at 07:22 PM..
shari is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 05:17 AM   #1503

Gallery: Deb294evr
Stats: 282/ working on it /140?
WOE: seaching for the right plan for ME
WHEW!!! glad you figured that out! I tell you what, I applaud you Shari, I don't think I could do it. Hope it goes well, but if you decide not, then for SURE we all support you.. no matter what!..
Deb294evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 06:56 AM   #1504
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: ceecee08
Stats: 292.6/284.7/170 5'9
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Restart 1/4/2013
Glad you figured it out Shari. Have a great day!
ceecee08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 10:44 AM   #1505

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb294evr View Post
WHEW!!! glad you figured that out! I tell you what, I applaud you Shari, I don't think I could do it. Hope it goes well, but if you decide not, then for SURE we all support you.. no matter what!..
Quote:
Originally Posted by ceecee08 View Post
Glad you figured it out Shari. Have a great day!
I can tell you that I released a lot of water weight from yesterday LOL. Silly me! I feel a lot better today but my most challenging time is in the afternoon (exactly when I posted yesterday). I remember from before and when doing the protocol. Today is day 4 and it's the best I've felt thus far. My energy is back and I woke up before the alarm clock this morning (not exactly good since I went to bed late...I've been watching Season 1 of Downton Abbey and it's addictive LOL).
Old 02-27-2013, 10:50 AM   #1506

I found out that I have gallstones today after having an ultrasound of abdomen (yes, I'm still testing for the original problem in December). That is the only 'bad' thing from the ultrasound so I'm glad about that but I can't remember, is that a common thing that others have complained about when doing Atkins?

Of course, I googled it and it said it can come from losing weight too quickly. I've done that several times so it may come from years of doing that. It is recommended to lose no more than 1- 1 1/2 pound a week if dieting...ooh kay...

gotta go to a meeting...I will try to come back afterward to visit other journals.

Last edited by shari; 02-27-2013 at 10:51 AM..
Old 02-27-2013, 12:26 PM   #1507
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shari View Post
I found out that I have gallstones today after having an ultrasound of abdomen (yes, I'm still testing for the original problem in December). That is the only 'bad' thing from the ultrasound so I'm glad about that but I can't remember, is that a common thing that others have complained about when doing Atkins?

Of course, I googled it and it said it can come from losing weight too quickly. I've done that several times so it may come from years of doing that. It is recommended to lose no more than 1- 1 1/2 pound a week if dieting...ooh kay...

gotta go to a meeting...I will try to come back afterward to visit other journals.
There have been some reports that those doing Hcg get gallstones. I am not surre about it with Atkins however. I hope everything is alright Shari.
Old 02-27-2013, 12:39 PM   #1508
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I said I wanted to watch that show. See what the hype was all about. Glad you are feeling better and energized. That is always a plus.

Sorry to hear about the gallstones. I have never heard of a correlation with them and Atkins though.
Old 02-28-2013, 04:58 AM   #1509

ok, thanks for answering. I don't have any symptoms or problems with them...didn't even know until the ultrasound. The problem can come if they block the bile ducts which causes pain and can lead to gallbladder removal. Hopefully they won't become a problem.

I feel soooo much better!! I'm starting to feel the benefits, increased energy, clearer thoughts, skin is starting to glow, eyes look clearer/brighter, etc. It's really mental now regarding eating because I'm not hungry when I sit and really focus on my cues, like I don't feel like I have to eat food, but I'm at stage where I see how I eat for comfort more than need. When I say I'm detoxing, I mean I am seriously detoxing!! I can't or won't even describe how toxins are being released. OMGoodnes...I can't believe what's been kept in my body over time. Today is the 5th day of no food and let's say I'm still cleaning out my system like I've eaten full meals. This encourages me to keep going on. Also, the other plus is that I'm losing what averages out to be a pound a day but some of that weight comes back after eating again so I'm not focusing on to the losses too much but I do feel noticeably cleaner/lighter. I wish I could still feel this way while eating food because I know eating all that meat I love is literally weighing me down. That's why I still say I need to eat less meat and more fruit/veggies.
Old 02-28-2013, 05:11 AM   #1510

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagieDen View Post
There have been some reports that those doing Hcg get gallstones. I am not surre about it with Atkins however. I hope everything is alright Shari.
I hear this all the time, and my niece did HCG when she started P3, she had an immediate gall bladder attack. Had to have emergency surgery to remove it. She said she never had that problem before, and the doc thought it was from going from eating hardly ANY fat, to introducing fat very quickly. Also from losing weight so fast.

WHO KNOWS though, we have all learned that Doctors have many many opinions..
Old 02-28-2013, 05:13 AM   #1511

WOW Shari, so happy you are feeling better, and even GREAT! this is fantastic.

Keep up the great work, and also happy to hear you found nothing but gallstones in your ultrasound.. yay!
Old 02-28-2013, 06:25 AM   #1512
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jayce
Stats: 255/214.8/212 MG# 1
WOE: Calorie Tracking & Exercise
Happy "Friday Eve," Shari!
Jayce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 11:41 AM   #1513
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Shari, hang in there lady! Glad to hear things are going good for you. Detoxing the body is a process but I know you will feel so much better when it's over.
Old 03-01-2013, 04:51 AM   #1514

Deb~that makes sense because that's what I read can cause an attack. It's recommended to eat fat to help move the bile along but lose weight slowly. I know I'm not doing that now but hopefully this detox will help clean things out. Sorry to hear about your niece though...from what I read, it's painful! Thanks, I'm glad that's all they found too and it's good to know so I can be aware of any signs before it worsens, if it does become a problem.

Jayce~ Happy Friday!!

Maggie~ thanks! It's certainly not easy those first 3 days but it's worth it to feel better and healthier.

Today is day 6! Since Wednesday it's gotten easier. G is going for 14-21 days. I've committed for 10
Old 03-01-2013, 05:11 AM   #1515

Good luck with the rest of the way Shari! .. you are almost there!..

So impressed you have gone 6 days!!!
Old 03-01-2013, 06:56 AM   #1516
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Shari also regular exercise even if it is just walking helps keep gallstones at bay along with eating grapefruit. Have a nice weekend and hang in there.
IDK- how much fat is in a boiled egg but I eat one daily when I do Hhcg so don't know if it helps or not. Oh just found out that a hard boiled egg has 5.3 grams of fat in it so I answered my own question.

Last edited by MagieDen; 03-01-2013 at 07:00 AM..
Old 03-01-2013, 09:44 AM   #1517
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

WTG Shari!!! 6 days is great.... I might last 6 hours I really need to look up a cleanse for James and I to do. Hmmmm....
Old 03-02-2013, 04:56 AM   #1518

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb294evr View Post
Good luck with the rest of the way Shari! .. you are almost there!..

So impressed you have gone 6 days!!!
Thanks Deb! Yes, countdown LOL. I feel great physically wow...but I miss food mentally LOL. I may go until Friday...still deciding

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagieDen View Post
Shari also regular exercise even if it is just walking helps keep gallstones at bay along with eating grapefruit. Have a nice weekend and hang in there.
IDK- how much fat is in a boiled egg but I eat one daily when I do Hhcg so don't know if it helps or not. Oh just found out that a hard boiled egg has 5.3 grams of fat in it so I answered my own question.
Aha, great way to keep some fat. I always drank hwc with my coffee, just not as much but at least one tsp. I feel better with some fat and it never hindered my losses. I'm actually considering a round after this because I remember from the last time that my appetite will be greatly reduced so might as well take advantage, right? I'm just talking now so everything's up in the air I looked at my calendar and if I start next Sunday, that'll give me 3 weeks of P2, 3 weeks of P3 and one week of P4 before cruise. But the cruise is what is actually making me hesitate because I don't want to gain a lot of weight and certain plans will blow you up if you eat anything off plan, like Atkins. I'm so indecisive right now... I will have to start moving, for sure. I can't be out of shape for the cruise because we do so much walking and will snorkle for at least one excursion...don't want the jigglies to be out of control

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceecee08 View Post
WTG Shari!!! 6 days is great.... I might last 6 hours I really need to look up a cleanse for James and I to do. Hmmmm....
Thanks hun! Yes, I highly recommend having a sure partner because you will need someone to motivate you when you're ready to throw the towel in and vice versa. I know I would've given up if it wasn't for G during the first 3 days. And fortunately I've done it before so had a reference for how wonderful I felt during the cleanse. They have different types that include food..this one doesn't but it's pretty thorough because of that.

Last edited by shari; 03-02-2013 at 04:58 AM..
Old 03-02-2013, 05:01 AM   #1519

On a plus, since Tuesday and modifying the salt water flush I'm down 10lbs! I know weight loss is to be expected but that alone makes me feel so much better physically. I feel lighter, cleaner, clearer...all the -er's Taking the boys on a Family Treasure Hunt on the Mall and Smithsonian Museums with some of the other moms and their kids. I know they're going to want to eat something so that will be my challenge today.
Old 03-02-2013, 05:44 AM   #1520

OMG Shari!!

That is amazing! So happy for you!! Girl you have come this far, you can make it today!.. WOW. so impressed!!
Old 03-02-2013, 11:44 AM   #1521

Gallery: Meek75
WOW, Shari!!! You are doing so great! Kudos to you, dear. Keep up the good work and stay focused
Meek75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 12:04 PM   #1522
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Ahhhhhhhhh, way to go Shari!!!!! I bet you feel happi..er, healthi...er,sup....er and over all groovi....er! I just wanted to help you out with some other words to explain how you may feel. On going out tonight, are you now done with the cleanse and introducing foods slowly back into your system? I can see the challenge but I believe you will find a solution. So happy for you!
Old 03-03-2013, 06:38 AM   #1523

Thanks Deb, Meek and Maggie.

I'm still doing very well, today is day 8!! I did have something to drink yesterday that I shouldn't have..flavored water but I'll still take that. We were out for over 5hrs and I didn't anticipate it taking that long so it's my fault I didn't have my lemonade with me. The treasure hunt was really fun and the kids enjoyed it. We chose to do the treasure hunt that was only at Union Station because it was very windy and cold so going around to different museums and walking outside for long periods of time was not ideal. We will do that one in the spring.

I have tons of energy to the point that it's affecting my sleep. I went to sleep after 1 am and still woke up around 7. I tried to sleep in late today but I can't. I have errand to run and will meet with G today. Where did the weekend go?
Old 03-03-2013, 06:50 AM   #1524

Wow Shari you did fantastic! Flavored water?... that was your cheat? I know a cleanse is a cleanse, but I think you did awesome!!

I can't believe how much eneregy you have, that part I would love! Except the sleep part, I don't get enough sleep as it is..

Have a great rest of the weekend!!
Old 03-04-2013, 03:01 AM   #1525

Yes, Deb that was my cheat. The energy part is great but I want to sleep well again. I went to sleep after 12 then woke up close to 5 am, tossed around and then decided to get up. Today is day 9...tomorrow is the last day. I feel good physically but mentally I'm ready to eat food again!! I'm in the mid 160's now, if I did a round I could get into that ever elusive 150's! I haven't seen that since ending a round 2 years ago. The only challenge now is that for the next two Saturdays I'm going out with friends and both places are meetups at Cheesecake Factory.
Old 03-04-2013, 05:02 AM   #1526
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yummmmm Cheesecake! Hang in there Shari, you can do it!
Old 03-04-2013, 05:24 AM   #1527

Well Shari, you have done marvelous!.. One more day!.. I know what you mean about just laying there tossing and turning.. that would not work for me..

I hope you get through those weekends with the knowledge that the main reason you are there is for the company! The fun! and oh yeah, so they have good food too...

Keep up the great work Shari!
Old 03-04-2013, 07:29 AM   #1528
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

WTG Shari!!! That cleans is working well for you.

I feel ya on the sleeping. Working out does that for me... I am always so amped afterwards. I have added melatonin to my daily routine for sleep but I am sure you want to avoid that on your cleanse.
Old 03-04-2013, 08:26 AM   #1529
I'm his Princess

Gallery: Dedicated
Stats: Goal is a Healthy Weight!
WOE: Clean Eating!
Start Date: Everyday!
Go Shari! You're better than me!
Dedicated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 03:41 AM   #1530

Good morning! Today is the last day and I'm ready LOL. Last time I was able to go much longer but it's different this time. I'm glad I did it though because I can tell a big difference, that I've really had a good cleanse. I lost 14.2 lbs, sitting at 165.2. I started at 179.4 after I gained when I was sick and ate crackers, soup and cream of wheat (the downfall of a low carb diet). I know all of it won't stick once I start eating again but it all won't come back either so I feel that loss has given me a jump start. Also I plan to eat more fruit, veggies and protein but less than before.