LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-20-2013, 03:35 AM   #1471
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: shari
Stats: 252/188.8/179-mini goal
WOE: hcg 2.0
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagieDen View Post
So glad you are having a short work week Shari. I am also sorry to hear that you are PMSing. I do hope Tom stays away for awhile however. Those wings sound delish really they do and I would have gobbled those babies right up.

Thanks for the support Shari. Right now I am going to stick to Simeone's as much as I can and if I believe I need more or something else I will incorporate Omaha food choices. I didn't do a good P3 last year and allowed myself to gain and not reel it in but I am praying I will do it differrently this time. I know that Wheat, some Dairy and sometimes nuts don't help me in the weight department so I am using the protocol to detox those items out of my diet. I would like to eat some of those things on rare and special occasions. I fear with me everyday is a special occaision so my mentality HAS to change for the betterment of my health. I want to see my son and daughter-in-law have some grandbabies and I want to run around with them and not be on the sidelines watching them play. I am still walking on my treadmill but not high intensity and walking at the moment every other day. When the weather changes here in MI hubby and I will get out for some morning or evening strolls for our exercise.

Well Shari my dear, talked your ear off again. You have a fantastic Tuesday and stay warm!

this! As always, you have a great way of bringing the bigger picture into perspective. Wanting to be healthy so that we can enjoy time with our loved ones is important. You're on the right track, for sure. Walking is great..it doesn't have to be high intensity. I had to go to the school for a meeting last night and the one mom who I asked to do a 5k asked me if I'd been doing the C25k... I told her no, and she laughed and said she hasn't either. But we are committed to start and support each other. I'm looking for a 5k to do later this year in either Sept. or October.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dedicated View Post
Hey Shari!!!
Hey Cle, what's cooking?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gracie514 View Post
Hi Shari!
Hey Gracie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceecee08 View Post
Shari!!!

G is a keeper. Nice to have someone you can talk to about anything. Love that.

Man..... you just made me want some wings. I loves me some chicken wings
It is. You know, I appreciate my past relationships that didn't work out, as painful as they were because it showed me just how much the special qualities about him are rare and special. We talk about the future and I can't imagine my life without him. Like any couple, we've had hills and valleys to walk through but it has challenged us to work through those things and know each other better. Ok, I'm going to stop gushing about him..LOL.

TOM is playing with me!!! He isn't even showing a hint of coming but the symptoms are here and driving me crazy!! Eating more, bloating, emotional...like crying watching tv shows...really?! LOL, cramping..ugh.

Last edited by shari; 02-20-2013 at 03:37 AM..
shari is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-20-2013, 04:39 AM   #1472
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: MagieDen
Stats: Goal Wt-135 lbs!
WOE: Stillman's - 21 days - Not my lifetime woe!
Start Date: 7/28/14 - 8/17/14
Shari that Tom is a beast I tell you! Hang in there, this to shall pass.
MagieDen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 05:00 AM   #1473
I'm his Princess

Gallery: Dedicated
Stats: Goal is a Healthy Weight!
WOE: Clean Eating!
Start Date: Everyday!
Morning Shari!!!

I wish some crab legs were cooking!! LOL Love me some crabs now!
Dedicated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 05:03 AM   #1474

Gallery: Deb294evr
Stats: 282/ working on it /140?
WOE: seaching for the right plan for ME
Morning Shari!!! Love your take on relationships! SO TRUE!.. congrats on finding such a good combo! ( I have one too!)
Deb294evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 06:20 AM   #1475
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jayce
Stats: 255/214.8/212 MG# 1
WOE: Calorie Tracking & Exercise
Morning -- Happy Hump Day!
Jayce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 12:17 PM   #1476
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: ceecee08
Stats: 292.6/284.7/170 5'9
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Restart 1/4/2013
Shari!!
ceecee08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 05:59 AM   #1477

Gallery: Gracie514
Stats: 214.6/198/194.6 SECOND GOAL!!!
WOE: HCG- highest wt 250 lbs!!!
Start Date: 1/1/2014 LC 2/17/14 Hhcg
Good morning Shari! How are things going???
Gracie514 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 06:24 AM   #1478

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagieDen View Post
Shari that Tom is a beast I tell you! Hang in there, this to shall pass.
Thanks Maggie, TOM is finally here and brought along some water weight pals. I have been eating more too so I'm really not surprised. Going on a M/E fast for a few days to help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dedicated View Post
Morning Shari!!!

I wish some crab legs were cooking!! LOL Love me some crabs now!
Morning Cle, I love snowcrab legs...but cant' indulge often because they cost so darn much! Now I'm craving this with garlic butter..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb294evr View Post
Morning Shari!!! Love your take on relationships! SO TRUE!.. congrats on finding such a good combo! ( I have one too!)
Wonderful!! It just makes things/life a bit easier. I thought he would need a few days to process stuff but instead he's gotten closer and mentioned marriage the other day!! Contrary to the norm, I'm the one scared of marriage..I know, crazy, but I am. It scared me for a bit, but we will see....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayce View Post
Morning -- Happy Hump Day!
Morning hun, hope you have a good day. It's Friday eve!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceecee08 View Post
Shari!!
Cee!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gracie514 View Post
Good morning Shari! How are things going???
Hey hun, I've been very busy at work and I don't know if I'm just run down or coming down with the flu. I started getting a really bad headache Tuesday night while sleeping, bad enough that it woke me up from my sleep and I took a strong Motrin. Woke up and it still hurt but I took another pill and thought it would go away. I took the boys to school and the headache remained and I immediately felt extremely exhausted and off...just not well. I called out of work and felt worse after laying down. Went to Urgent Care and the doc said maybe I'm coming down with the flu or another virus similar to it so she gave me Tamiflu and another pain med. I rested but still feel off today but thankfully the headache is gone. I'm off work and took off tomorrow too. I know you understand all the running around we do for our kids plus work and other household needs/errands it's A LOT. I have two appts. today that I'm going to try to go to (took weeks to get it) but I will see how I feel. Of course, TOM is here and not helping. At least I don't have an appetite now so the overeating won't be hard LOL.
Old 02-21-2013, 06:26 AM   #1479

and no fever..actually my temp is a little below normal around 97 but I had chills yesterday...not today. Weird symptoms...
Old 02-21-2013, 06:27 AM   #1480

Quote:
Originally Posted by shari View Post
Thanks Maggie, TOM is finally here and brought along some water weight pals. I have been eating more too so I'm really not surprised. Going on a M/E fast for a few days to help.

Morning Cle, I love snowcrab legs...but cant' indulge often because they cost so darn much! Now I'm craving this with garlic butter..

Wonderful!! It just makes things/life a bit easier. I thought he would need a few days to process stuff but instead he's gotten closer and mentioned marriage the other day!! Contrary to the norm, I'm the one scared of marriage..I know, crazy, but I am. It scared me for a bit, but we will see....

Morning hun, hope you have a good day. It's Friday eve!

Cee!

Hey hun, I've been very busy at work and I don't know if I'm just run down or coming down with the flu. I started getting a really bad headache Tuesday night while sleeping, bad enough that it woke me up from my sleep and I took a strong Motrin. Woke up and it still hurt but I took another pill and thought it would go away. I took the boys to school and the headache remained and I immediately felt extremely exhausted and off...just not well. I called out of work and felt worse after laying down. Went to Urgent Care and the doc said maybe I'm coming down with the flu or another virus similar to it so she gave me Tamiflu and another pain med. I rested but still feel off today but thankfully the headache is gone. I'm off work and took off tomorrow too. I know you understand all the running around we do for our kids plus work and other household needs/errands it's A LOT. I have two appts. today that I'm going to try to go to (took weeks to get it) but I will see how I feel. Of course, TOM is here and not helping. At least I don't have an appetite now so the overeating won't be hard LOL.
Oh no! I hope you don't have the flu. Two of the moms at school have it and they are down for the count! I've been picking one of their kids up from school and taking them home because she can't get out of bed. Tamiflu should definitely help you though. Did they test you for the flu? They stick something up your nose and can tell if it comes back positive. I totally understand all of the running around for the kids is exhausting. I'm waiting for the day when I forgot one of them somewhere Please get some rest and I pray you start to feel better!!!!
1/5/14 GOAL #1 BACK TO ONEDERLAND 3/4/14 MADE IT
3/4/14 GOAL #2 194.6 (20 LBS EVICTED FOR 2014)
TAKING IT ONE DAY AT A TIME
Old 02-21-2013, 06:32 AM   #1481

thanks Gracie, no they didn't...which I thought was odd because they tested my oldest son using the Qtip swab when I thought he had it but he didn't. He had symptoms similar to it though. I thought I'd beaten it because that was last month and my youngest had a cold and I made it through without getting it from them. But I've been in contact with clients and co-workers that have been sick so I guess it's possible. The Tamiflu had to be ordered so I will start it today.

LOL @ leaving the kids somewhere...
Old 02-21-2013, 06:45 AM   #1482

Hope you feel better Shari!.. no flu, no flu, no flu!!!..
Old 02-21-2013, 06:50 AM   #1483
I'm his Princess

Morning Shari!
Old 02-21-2013, 06:51 AM   #1484

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb294evr View Post
Hope you feel better Shari!.. no flu, no flu, no flu!!!..
Thanks Deb. I decided to not go to the appointments, I stll don't feel well and it's not right to possibly infect others so I'm going to rest instead. Thanks for the well wishes
Old 02-21-2013, 07:09 AM   #1485

Quote:
Originally Posted by shari View Post
Thanks Deb. I decided to not go to the appointments, I stll don't feel well and it's not right to possibly infect others so I'm going to rest instead. Thanks for the well wishes
Good to hear!! Take good care of yourself I am sure the others will be grateful you did not bring anything to them...

REST!!!!
Old 02-21-2013, 07:24 AM   #1486
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Shari

Feel better
Old 02-21-2013, 07:35 AM   #1487
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jayce
Stats: 255/214.8/212 MG# 1
WOE: Calorie Tracking & Exercise
Hope you feel better, Shari!
Jayce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 07:36 AM   #1488
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oh no Shari!! I hope I didnt send the flu your way. That was my first time having it and it was the WORST. You really are down for the count.

YES on all the work we do for our children. Lord knows I am running all over ATL for my DD and I only have one!!! LOL

for you girl. Get your much needed rest.

SN: I get chills everytime I hear Tamiflu now. That stuff set me back *since I have no insurance*
Old 02-22-2013, 10:33 AM   #1489
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Kocobear
Stats: 296.4/273.4/210
WOE: Protocol Atkins
Start Date: January 12, 2013
I pray you are feeling better, Shari!!!!
Kocobear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 10:34 AM   #1490

Hope you are getting better
Old 02-25-2013, 05:04 AM   #1491
I'm his Princess

Shari! Feeling better?
Old 02-25-2013, 05:51 AM   #1492

GM ladies, yes I feel 100% better!! OMGoodness, Thursday was rough but I felt a bit better by Friday and a lot better on Saturday. I was able to make it to my youngest son's last bball game..they remained undefeated! They don't have playoffs/championship games at his level but next year they will and if they play the same, they are expected to go all the way.

I wasn't going to say anything but G talked me into doing a detox with him so I'm doing the Master Cleanse, again. I debated on saying anything here because I get tired of posting I'm going to start something but don't complete it...but this journal is reflective of my journey so it is what it is. We did it together years ago and I went for 24 or more (?) days..I forgot the exact amount of days, but it was over 20 days of detoxing and I'd never felt better! Take it from someone that LOVES food and eating, that for me to even attempt to do it again, it's definitely worth it. These first few days are the hardest though..reminds me of the protocol..but after about the 3rd or 4th day, you feel so much better and different, I mean...cleaner, healthier, energized, skin starts to glow, mind becomes clearer/sharper, just on another level..I mean the benefits are incredible. I didn't weigh before doing it because I don't want the weight loss to be the only factor/motivator but more of a benefit of detoxing. But I do know my weight from before so I will weigh throughout detoxing, just not daily. I honestly don't know how long I will go, but I will try to go for at least 10 days which is the minimum. He want to do two weeks but I'll have to see about that. I remember last the time we did it I thought I couldn't do 10 days and after feeling so good and wanting that to last I just went longer and longer and longer. I'm going to take this time to research options that include juicing, eating mostly fruit/veggies, etc. I've been contemplating for awhile changing my diet to include less meat and products with all the processed stuff and hormones...so one step at a time. I'm still working it out. So far today, I feel great but the challenge usually comes in the afternoons...

I'm not going to force myself stay on it if I feel I can't right now because you mentally have to be ready and sometimes you don't know until you start, so I'll see how it goes.... Happy Monday, gotta run!

Last edited by shari; 02-25-2013 at 05:54 AM..
Old 02-25-2013, 05:55 AM   #1493
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Shari, I am here to cheer you on. It is nice that you will have someone doing this with you. I know what you mean about feeling cleaner and new inside that is what the Hhcg Protocol does also. I have never tried the Master Cleanse but I would not rule it out for me. I have been doing P2 shakes quite a bit because I really hate to cook so it works for me. Looking forward to seeing how the 2 of you do. Please keep us posted because I am interested. Have a good day and stay warm.

One life to live, one day at a time, one pound at a time!
Old 02-25-2013, 09:51 AM   #1494

Yep, one of these days when we are all at goal, we need to look back and see our journey to get there... it will be interesting for sure! for ALL OF US!..

Good luck Shari! It helps to have someone doing it with you also... can't wait to see how it goes!
Old 02-25-2013, 12:07 PM   #1495
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

WTG Shari!!! A detox is great. I love that feeling of a clearer mind ect. Good for you and G.
Old 02-26-2013, 06:34 AM   #1496
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Kocobear
Stats: 296.4/273.4/210
WOE: Protocol Atkins
Start Date: January 12, 2013
Hey Shari!! Wow!!! I thought about the Master Cleanse.... but truth be told, I'm chicken. LOL! So, I'll be checking ya out and see how it goes for you. Great wishes your way!
Kocobear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 06:44 AM   #1497
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good Tuesday morning Shari! How are you my dear? We are getting 6-8 inches of snow today, how is it going to be where you are? Have a nice day.
Old 02-26-2013, 11:19 AM   #1498

Hey ladies! I just got on here and my client that I thought was a no-show just showed up LOL. Real quick, I'm holding on by a hair on my chin..seriously! It was rough last time but now I don't know. I feel sad because G is really into it and he did it last time with me for support, so I hate to leave him hanging but... I said I wasn't going to struggle with it. However detox is hard and rough so what did I expect? Today is day 3 and although mentally I know these are the hardest days, I'm trying to focus on the better days I know personally come ahead. Can I hang? I don't know..but I'll keep you all updated.

Oh and the salt water flush caused me to retain water...so my ankles and legs are swollen. It didn't happen last time but after reading on it, they say every detox is different and this happens sometimes. Ugh, stomach is really empty-feeling but legs/thighs are swollen..go figure how I feel

Gotta run!! BBL
Old 02-26-2013, 12:16 PM   #1499

Oh Wow Shari that is a tough one!! I hope you figure out if you want to continue, but I can't imagine feeling that way.. Of course I have never done a cleanse of any kind, so don't know what I would do...

GOOD LUCK!!!! whatever you decide.
Old 02-26-2013, 01:44 PM   #1500
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oh no. YEa that is a tough call.... IDK about that one. Good luck on whatever you decide.