Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-04-2012, 10:40 AM   #721
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Meek75
WOE: Atkins Inductions for 14 Days
Start Date: 6/10/2014
Hello Shari, stopping by really quick to check on you... seems like your doing well and in a good place right now. Awesome! . Please continue to let us know how things are going with PP. I'm sure you will do well.

Have a lovely day; the weather is beautiful today.
Meek75 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-05-2012, 05:52 AM   #722
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: 12yrslater
Stats: UGH
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Induction: 10/20/08
Morning Shari!!!

Missing you babe!!! Protein Power huh? You must share your cliff notes

By the way, I like you am so tired of that stupid scale and it determining my mood! I know exactly what you mean!!!

Missed you much
12yrslater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 03:36 AM   #723

Gallery: shari
Stats: 252/186.6/169-mini goal
WOE: very low carb
Good morning ladies, work has just been..well work. I can't get on daily like before so I know I have to post in the mornings if I want to say anything. I've been sticking to eating more fats and protein while TOM is here. I'm glad it's here now vs. the weekend as the kids and I have plans. Would you believe my freakin' car is still in the shop!! It a bonus that I have someone doing it from his 'home shop' as I don't have to pay the extra costs that a regular shop would charge but the downside is that it takes longer and some of the parts aren't easily accessible (due to my car is a Kia) from his parts dealer. UGH!!

I've been doing good not weighing daily and what piece of mind it has been.
shari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 05:04 AM   #724

Gallery: Deb294evr
Stats: 282/ working on it /140?
WOE: seaching for the right plan for ME
Good to hear from you Shari!! I can totally relate on the work thing, like Pati, I am working way too much.. Everyone is out of the office this week, and I get to try to take up the slack. So you take care of yourself!!

Sorry about the car, but yes, having it done privately is so much better in the long run....$$$$ have a great day!!
Deb294evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 05:39 AM   #725
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: 12yrslater
Stats: UGH
Start Date: Induction: 10/20/08
Morning Shari!

Sorry about the car! What a bummer....Hope it gets fixed soon!

Sounds like you are at peace...What a great feeling

Happy Hump Day
12yrslater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 06:22 AM   #726
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: MagieDen
Stats: Lots! :0( - Goal-135 lbs! :0)
You are doing well with TOM in the house. Please post when you can and I hope all turns out well for you with the car situation. Have a wonderful and a great weekend with your family.

MagieDen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 06:22 AM   #727
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Gilded Lily
Ugh, I hate car problems. Hope you get it resolved soon. I want to know more about Protein Power too. I've seen people online who have had great success with it. Hope TOM gives you some relief soon.
Gilded Lily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 07:26 AM   #728

Hello Shari... sorry about your car. I hope it gets out of the shop soon. Yes, please keep us posted on your PP results! Have a good day.
Old 06-08-2012, 03:35 AM   #729

Good morning ladies, well I finally got my car back yesterday. It was not easy being without transportation for 4 days!! I was not in the best of moods but thankfully I had a lot of people step in and help..including my ex!! I still have to get more work done..just to get the the A/C working again will cost close to $600. I'm going to price parts and see if I can come out better just purchasing the parts and paying for labor only...although this always cost the most.

I've been diving into low carb ice cream every night, finished the last yesterday so no more for now..LOL. I haven't weighed yet due to eating late every evening this week so I plan to weigh tomorrow morn.

Last edited by shari; 06-08-2012 at 03:36 AM..
Old 06-08-2012, 04:58 AM   #730
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Whooo Hooo on getting your car back Shari. Sorry to hear that you need the A/C and the cost. My old car doesn't have A/C in it but I just use it to go to the grocery store from time to time. I am glad to hear that others helped you out, even the ex. Ohhhh ice-cream I am glad the last of it is gone for you. I too am not sure I know all about Power Protein? Is it like a few shakes a day and then a sensible meal. Hubby has been doing a shake plan that I found in my Women's World magagzine. He has been trying to get out of the 260's and he just broke through today. I am sooo proud of him. He started out at 285 in January of this year and is now 259. We set a goal for him to reach 261 next month but he pushed through it. I think it's all the walking he has been doing. Anyway, if Power Protein is about having shakes I am all for it because it reminds me of ice-cream. Okay enough about ice-cream.

Have a nice Friday and a wonderful weekend with family and friends!

Old 06-08-2012, 05:35 AM   #731

Happy Friday Shari!! Hope your weekend is awesome!! Glad you got your car back, I know how frustrating it is to have to rely on others, but YAY they were there for you! ..

AC cost is ridiculous!! Do what you have to do though, I just hate spending money on cars... I am cheap...
Old 06-09-2012, 06:48 AM   #732

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagieDen View Post
Whooo Hooo on getting your car back Shari. Sorry to hear that you need the A/C and the cost. My old car doesn't have A/C in it but I just use it to go to the grocery store from time to time. I am glad to hear that others helped you out, even the ex. Ohhhh ice-cream I am glad the last of it is gone for you. I too am not sure I know all about Power Protein? Is it like a few shakes a day and then a sensible meal. Hubby has been doing a shake plan that I found in my Women's World magagzine. He has been trying to get out of the 260's and he just broke through today. I am sooo proud of him. He started out at 285 in January of this year and is now 259. We set a goal for him to reach 261 next month but he pushed through it. I think it's all the walking he has been doing. Anyway, if Power Protein is about having shakes I am all for it because it reminds me of ice-cream. Okay enough about ice-cream.

Have a nice Friday and a wonderful weekend with family and friends!

First of all, congrats to your hubby..what a success!! With protein power you can have shakes, meat, eggs, whatever gives you a certain amount of protein based upon you calculations he gives you to determine how many grams/day you should have based upon your lean body mass. It's really like low carb but it concentrates on eating higher protein and fat, reducing the food that spikes your insulin levels as he stated this is one of the main causes for a lot of medical dx..hypertension, elevated cholesterol, diabetes, heart disease, etc. Its a great book to gain knowledge about insulin levels...you probably already know a lot of this stuff as I've seen you mention eating to lower or keep your levels within a normal range.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb294evr View Post
Happy Friday Shari!! Hope your weekend is awesome!! Glad you got your car back, I know how frustrating it is to have to rely on others, but YAY they were there for you! ..

AC cost is ridiculous!! Do what you have to do though, I just hate spending money on cars... I am cheap...
I do too Deb!! I don't have a car note now so I'm trying to do what I can to keep it running longer.
Old 06-09-2012, 06:55 AM   #733

Well I was bummed about the scale..I'm the exact same I was a week ago. I mean not even an ounce lost? Wow...one thing Dr. Eades stressed was to not get discouraged as people like myself who have done the yo-yo diet, our bodies know this plan very well so can be resistant to lose weight in the beginning. He stresses to stick with it for at least 2-3weeks. I'm not in a comfortable zone/weight right now so I don't wanna stick it out...

But I'm going to really try not to stress too much now and still go with the flow.
Old 06-09-2012, 07:10 PM   #734
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shari View Post
Well I was bummed about the scale..I'm the exact same I was a week ago. I mean not even an ounce lost? Wow...one thing Dr. Eades stressed was to not get discouraged as people like myself who have done the yo-yo diet, our bodies know this plan very well so can be resistant to lose weight in the beginning. He stresses to stick with it for at least 2-3weeks. I'm not in a comfortable zone/weight right now so I don't wanna stick it out...

But I'm going to really try not to stress too much now and still go with the flow.
Hey honey I think you should give it more time. Do you like the food that you are eating? If not then you are free to try something else, it is always what works for you. I am getting so sick of that scale, it can take a hike. It seems everyone is having troublr with it, even me. This too shall pass, hang in there and have a good weekend!
Old 06-11-2012, 08:09 AM   #735

Thanks Maggie I do like the food and after thinking more about it, I've decided to not think about it and just shut up and do it! I know it works but I have to work along with it...that means adding exercise. I'm no spring chicken anymore..I need to exercise again. Some other stuff happened over the weekend which I'm convinced happened for a reason, not only coincidences (long story), that let me know I have to make some changes. So here I go!
Old 06-11-2012, 08:21 AM   #736

Well Shari, that sounds like a great healthy attitude!! You are right though, there are no coincidences. Everything does happen for a reason..

Now take it and run with it!! Keep an even head and do what you know to do! No over thinking is GOOD!!!
Old 06-11-2012, 08:31 AM   #737

Thanks Deb, I totally agree!!
Old 06-11-2012, 08:38 AM   #738
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: ceecee08
Stats: 292.6/284.7/170 5'9
Start Date: Restart 1/4/2013
Morning Shari!!!

Yes just do it!!! Your body is just adjusting. Yea I have to exercise too.... I have to get back in my hard core mode.

Have a good day girl!
ceecee08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 08:40 AM   #739

Thanks Cee, you too!
Old 06-11-2012, 08:42 AM   #740
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Have a good morning Shari. I am glad you are learning so much about yourself and what works for you. I am all for exercising for all it's benefits. KUTGW!

Old 06-11-2012, 09:53 AM   #741

yup, I'm learning from the best! You've walked a lot with hubby and the benefits are simply wonderful. Your BS levels are normal, you've lost a lot of weight and mentally I know you must feel good. You are a great example, Maggie and invaluable for all your support.

I completed my exercise for today! I plan to look On Demand today and see what other programs I want to use. I need to have variety...like strength training
Old 06-11-2012, 04:40 PM   #742

Hey Shari!!!
Old 06-12-2012, 05:24 AM   #743
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
yup, I'm learning from the best! You've walked a lot with hubby and the benefits are simply wonderful. Your BS levels are normal, you've lost a lot of weight and mentally I know you must feel good. You are a great example, Maggie and invaluable for all your support.

I completed my exercise for today! I plan to look On Demand today and see what other programs I want to use. I need to have variety...like strength training
on getting in the exercise. It was too hot this morning for me to take my walk and TOM has FINALLY decided to show up. Strength training is supposed to be the best thing you can do because it burns calories so much more than cardio but me love me cardio of walking and I do some weights here and there. My BS benefits from all the walking and gets things on a even keel which is good for me. Had terrible cravings the last few days and gave in eating wise to some cravings. I should of had my SF Coco but I wasn't having it. Going to have to correct I am sure but it is what it is. Hang in there Shari you are doing what is good for you.
Old 06-12-2012, 06:00 AM   #744
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Gilded Lily
Hi Shari. Hope you are doing well today. Can you tell me the name of the book with the Protein Power plan in it? I am loving reading these types of books right now. They are incredibly inspiring to me, for some reason. Even those documentaries seem to keep me focused on the goal! Thanks Shari!
Gilded Lily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 10:00 AM   #745

Quote:
Originally Posted by @iamMeekness View Post
Hey Shari!!!

Hey Meek, good to 'see' you

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagieDen View Post
on getting in the exercise. It was too hot this morning for me to take my walk and TOM has FINALLY decided to show up. Strength training is supposed to be the best thing you can do because it burns calories so much more than cardio but me love me cardio of walking and I do some weights here and there. My BS benefits from all the walking and gets things on a even keel which is good for me. Had terrible cravings the last few days and gave in eating wise to some cravings. I should of had my SF Coco but I wasn't having it. Going to have to correct I am sure but it is what it is. Hang in there Shari you are doing what is good for you.
Maggie, you've done an amazing thing hanging in there as long as you did. No worries, any weight gained will come right back off with correction. Hope you don't have to do one. I love walking too! I say at least that's better than not doing anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilded Lily View Post
Hi Shari. Hope you are doing well today. Can you tell me the name of the book with the Protein Power plan in it? I am loving reading these types of books right now. They are incredibly inspiring to me, for some reason. Even those documentaries seem to keep me focused on the goal! Thanks Shari!
It's called Protein Power by Dr. Michael Eades. It is very eye-opening even if you don't follow the plan but it gives scientific data to understand why protein is better in the long run.
Old 06-12-2012, 10:01 AM   #746

Busy day, of course with being off work yesterday, I came back to 1,000 messages. I exercised again today. I feel motivated and focused again..love it when I'm feeling more like my human self and care about being healthy again
Old 06-12-2012, 10:11 AM   #747

Mags, how much did you release total on the protocol and how many days did you complete?
Old 06-12-2012, 11:19 AM   #748
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: ceecee08
Stats: 292.6/284.7/170 5'9
Start Date: Restart 1/4/2013
Hey Shari!!

I know what you mean about a million messages.... It was like that Monday for me having been off Friday.

Hope you are having a great day!
ceecee08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 03:17 PM   #749
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Busy day, of course with being off work yesterday, I came back to 1,000 messages. I exercised again today. I feel motivated and focused again..love it when I'm feeling more like my human self and care about being healthy again
"Human Self?' what are you when you are not exercising an Alien? I am happy that you are happy that exercising is making you feel really good. me some endorphins!
Old 06-13-2012, 04:52 AM   #750
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Happy Hump day Shari!!! Have a good one!!