Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-30-2012, 03:56 AM   #541
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: shari
Stats: 252/???/160-mini goal
WOE: Low carb
Good morning Brenda, I didn't have big plans, only the alllll day long track meet on Saturday. The boys and I really enjoy it though because some other parents and I 'camp' out with tents and lawn chairs while the kids are doing their events. One of the parents brought a small grill so we were grilling and eating good food too! Actually I only ate a turkey burger and turkey hotdog...but it was very good!
shari is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-30-2012, 04:08 AM   #542

Happy Monday!! I feel I can share what I've been doing since I'm definitely going to stick with it until the end. I decided to do the protocol but was hesitant to post this due to not knowing if I was going to make it through those first 3 days..LOL. Well I started loading last Sunday and thus far have stuck with it. I've actually changed to the omaha plan as it's not as limited as the protocol and there is a new revision for 2012 that I find refreshing and more doable. I started at 172.6 after loading and am at 165.6, down 7lbs in 6vlcds. I'm really striving to make it into the next decade and stabilize there for awhile.
Old 04-30-2012, 04:22 AM   #543
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: MagieDen
Quote:
Originally Posted by shari View Post
Happy Monday!! I feel I can share what I've been doing since I'm definitely going to stick with it until the end. I decided to do the protocol but was hesitant to post this due to not knowing if I was going to make it through those first 3 days..LOL. Well I started loading last Sunday and thus far have stuck with it. I've actually changed to the omaha plan as it's not as limited as the protocol and there is a new revision for 2012 that I find refreshing and more doable. I started at 172.6 after loading and am at 165.6, down 7lbs in 6vlcds. I'm really striving to make it into the next decade and stabilize there for awhile.
Yeah a P2 buddy!!! Awesome on the release I am soooo excited for you. I know we can get through this Shari just hang in there with me. I am praying to do this protocol for 40 days so we shall see. Omaha Plan defineitly gives more of a variety so I believe people can stick with it longer with the higher calories. I think I will be adding Omaha Plan foods down the road when I get sick of maybe what the 500 calories offers. You made it through the first 3 days Shari and I KNOW you will make it as far as you want to go.

Have a great Monday!!!
MagieDen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 04:26 AM   #544

Thanks Maggie!! When I saw you were starting I wanted to say something but then was like, no...I need to make sure I make it for at least a few more days to be sure I can really be a P2 buddy . After almost a week, I'm not throwing away my time invested now..so yes, WE can do it!! If you read the omaha plan, he now doesn't give an interruption for P3, he says you can keep on until goal....

Last edited by shari; 04-30-2012 at 04:28 AM..
Old 04-30-2012, 05:04 AM   #545
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Thanks Maggie!! When I saw you were starting I wanted to say something but then was like, no...I need to make sure I make it for at least a few more days to be sure I can really be a P2 buddy . After almost a week, I'm not throwing away my time invested now..so yes, WE can do it!! If you read the omaha plan, he now doesn't give an interruption for P3, he says you can keep on until goal....
Yes I have read that. I actually believe a person can do it if they don't lose heart. I have that idea in the back of my mind but I can committ to 40 days but maybe more, who knows I will defintely go by how my BODY reacts, it is part of my learning process listening to this body and not my tricky mind. I can understand why you would not want to say anything and that is your choice. I am just glad that you are doing what works for you and I am here for you as well. Sitting here sipping my H20 and having some coffee a little later this morning. Let's Do This Shari!
Old 04-30-2012, 05:20 AM   #546
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Gilded Lily
Yay! I am cheering you on every step of the way! I mean that from the bottom of my heart. I totally understand about not saying anything. P2 is hard enough without the extra pressure. You've already had a great loss and the 150's aren't that far away. I've heard excellent things about the Omaha plan and extra freedom is a good thing. Go Shari!
Gilded Lily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 05:38 AM   #547

Gallery: Deb294evr
Stats: 282/work in progress/140?
WOE: LC/HCG
SO EXCITED FOR YOU GIRL!!! That is wonderful!! Like I said, we all have to forge our own path, and we support each other no matter what it is!!... You go Shari!!!! Sounds like you have new resolve and that will get you far!!..
Deb294evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 06:44 AM   #548

Gallery: Meek75
WOE: Whole Foods. No Sugar
Good job thus far on the protocol, Shari. You can do it. I will be here to cheer you on for sure . Have a good day!!
Meek75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 06:52 AM   #549
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: 12yrslater
Stats: UGH
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Induction: 10/20/08
Morning Love

Happy you let us in on your teeny secret You know we will be here to support you 100% of the way babe!!! CONGRATS on the pounds lost so far!!!!

SO HAPPY FOR YOU!!! Have a great day love!
12yrslater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 07:05 AM   #550
Blabbermouth!!!

BTW - Can you link me (wait, that's against the rules here right?) to the new revised Omaha diet?
Old 04-30-2012, 07:25 AM   #551

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12yrslater View Post
BTW - Can you link me (wait, that's against the rules here right?) to the new revised Omaha diet?
Here is what was on their site:

OWL Diet Revisions – 2012
Copyright Protected by Dr. Carter Abbott, MD

Fat Loading
The original OWL Diet called for participants to eat fat rich foods for 2 days at the start of using Hcg shots or cream. This is no longer necessary. “Fat Loading” is not required to ensure success on The OWL Diet. For some participants it may take 2 preparatory days to read my book “The OWL Diet” and become familiar with the program. During those 2 days you may need to clear some unhealthy foods out of the kitchen and go shopping for the right ones.

Shopping List
Kitchen Items
____ Food scale to weigh 7 ounces of “meat” per day
____ 4 Cup Glass Pyrex dish for measuring vegetables
____ Non-stick cooking pans for stove-top and oven use
____ Re-useable containers for storing meal portions
____ Re-useable lunch bag, cooler for car travel, ice packs

Beverages
____ Drink water for weight loss and make this a permanent good habit. 4 to 8 large glasses of tap water, or filtered water per day (1/2 to 1 gallon per day).
____ Flavored water that is calorie free is allowed. No “Crystal Light”. Enjoy a large range of calorie free beverages, but read the label to confirm “0 Calories per serving” - such as Sobe Zero and Vitamin Water Zero.
____ Caffeine is allowed, but does not count towards your water intake. You may have hot or cold tea, and coffee. No milk or dairy is allowed. No fat free creamers.
____ Diet soda pop is not healthy, but is very addictive. Continue to consume a limited amount of diet soda pop to avoid cravings and withdrawal headaches.

Meats
You are allowed 7 ounces of meat per day – use your food scale to weigh raw meat before cooking. If frozen meat is selected, weigh after thawing and any excess moisture is drained off the meat. You may mix your meat choices in a given day. Eat approximately ½ of the meat at lunch, and ½ at dinner (or at least spread them out over the day). Cook your meats without oil. Use “PAM” non-stick spray in moderation, combined with a non-stick pan, George Foreman grill, bake in the oven, poach in water, or grill outdoors.
____ Beef – lean ground beef (97% or higher) will work and is similar in calorie to white chicken meat
____ Beef steak is limited to twice per week. On days that you choose to eat steak it is best to limit yourself to 5 oz of steak for the entire day. Only the leanest of steaks are allowed (“trim zero” – free of all visible fat) such as filet mignon, strip, sirloin or beef tenderloin.
____ Chicken – breast or tenderloin (“tenders”).
____ White Turkey – same as with chicken, remove the skin and any visible fat before cooking. Ground white turkey meat listed as 99% lean will also work, and makes nice patties.
____ Shrimp (I allow precooked shrimp, which is pink in color, and has been steamed. No calories are added during the cooking process. Weigh it as 7 oz of cooked shrimp).
____ White Fish – tilapia, orange roughy, perch, halibut, cod, catfish, northern pike (or any other white fish). Precooked tuna packed in water will work, but is a bit higher in calorie – so use it only twice per week). Salmon is healthy but not allowed, as it is too high in oil and calories. Enjoy salmon again after you have lost weight.
____white crab meat (canned or fresh, pre-cooked is fine).
____ Bison and Venison – lean cuts only
____ Scallops

Vegetarian Substitute for “Meat”
____ Beans - totaling no more than 300 calories per day, divided into 2 meals. As a rough guide, this amounts to ½ cups per day of navy, kidney or white beans. Read the labels, and keep the fat content to a minimum. Baking your own beans will be the safest way to success.
____ Tofu – 7 oz per day

Vegetables
____ Unlimited amounts of celery, green lettuce (iceberg, romaine, baby leaf, and mixes), spinach and arugula. Eat an appealing salad twice per day, with your meat selection.
____ 4 cups per day (use your 4 cup Pyrex dish)– choose from tomatoes, peppers of any color, radishes, onions, cucumbers, zucchini, broccoli, cauliflower, squash, snow peas, green beans, asparagus, cabbage, brussel sprouts, onions and mushrooms. Limit on snow peas to no more than ½ cup per day. Out of the 4 cups you will eat some of the veggies raw, add some to your salad to make it interesting, and cook the rest to be eaten at lunch and supper.
____ Dill pickles from “off the shelf” are rated zero calories, and are free. If the pickles are cold packed (kept in the refrigerator even prior to opening), then they will usually be listed as “5 calories per serving”. Dill pickles make a good snack between meals. Caution: If you have high blood pressure (hypertension) or heart failure, then you must limit your salt intake. Pickles are high in salt, and should be used with caution, or not at all.
____ Other preserves such as jalapeno peppers, yellow banana peppers or red cherry peppers are low calorie products that may be added to meals, or used as snacks. Also high in salt.

Fruits
2 Servings per day if you choose to have one approved alcoholic beverage per day.
3 Servings per day if you do not have any alcohol on that day.
Have a serving of fruit for breakfast, and the other fruit in the evening, or as a snack during the day.
One Serving of Fruit is:
____ One medium sized apple, orange, nectarine, peach or pear
____ 2 small clementine oranges (“Cuties”)
____ 1 cup fresh blueberries, raspberries, blackberries or sliced strawberries
____ 1 & ½ cup of diced melon such as honeydew, cantaloupe, watermelon
____ 1 whole grapefruit (Caution: may interact with some prescribed medications)

Bread Products
100 calories per day. Spread the bread products out over the day. Many people will have ½ of the allowance for breakfast (with a fruit serving) and the other ½ in the evening. Choose from:
____ Melba Toast (avoid the rounds, which are too oily. Choose the traditional shape which is rectangular) – choose from classic, wheat, rye and sourdough. 5 pieces of melba toast, contained in a cellophane package, totals 100 calories. Shopping tip: melba toast is often found in the bread aisle.
____ Thomas’ Bagel Thins – the top and bottom totals 110 calories, so divide it between breakfast and evenings.
____ Thin buns, or Sandwich thins from OroWheat and Earthgrains
____ Italian breadsticks – Alessi brand of garlic, plain and sesame – 4 breadsticks the length of the box are allowed per day. If you find the “thin” garlic sticks, they are in a white package within the box. Each white package of thin sticks would be allowed over the course of the day.
____ Ak-Mak crackers (one sheet of 4 crackers is a one day allowance)
____ 100 Calorie Mini-Bags of Microwaveable Popcorn – 94% (or higher) fat free
____ 40 to 45 calorie thin sliced bread (Pepperidge Farms, Sarah Lee) – 2 slices per day allowed.
____ Wasa crackers – read the package and limit yourself to a total of 100 calories per day.

Other Food Items:

____ PAM non-stick cooking spray (1/3 second rated as zero calories). Use in moderation.
____ Smart Balance Spray, or “I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter” Spray. This is a soy by-product and is rated as zero calories per spray. I would limit yourself to 10 sprays per day to be on the safe side.
____ Walden Farm’s calorie free products - Salad Dressings, BBQ Sauce, Caramel Dip, Chocolate Dip
____ Bragg’s Liquid Aminos (this is zero calorie soy sauce, great for flavoring meat or stir-frying vegetables)
____ Cider vinegar and Rice Wine vinegar are zero calories
____ Other vinegars such as balsamic and Red Wine vinegar are low calorie, and may be used in moderation. Use Worcestershire sauce in moderation.
____ “Southern Style” Hot Sauces (Tabasco, Cholula and others) are calorie free.
____ Regular Mustard is calorie free, but avoid the flavored mustards.
____ Seasonings and Spices, fresh or dried herbs, and curry are fine. Garlic is safe, but use in moderation.
____ Real Lime & Real Lemon are considered calorie free. If you want to use a fresh lemon or lime, then each one is about 10 calories, so use up to 2 per day (2 lemons or 2 limes, or one of each).
____ Beef Stock (fat free) for making soups is only 5 calories per cup.
____ Artificial sweeteners –Splenda, SweetNLow, Equal, Truvia, Stevia and others are all fine.
____ Egg Whites – the white from one medium sized egg is about 18 calories. ¼ cup of Original Egg Beaters is 30 calories. If you choose two egg whites, or ¼ cup of Egg Beaters for breakfast, then I want you to decrease the “Meat” allowance for that day by 1 oz. This can be combined with onions, peppers, tomatos and mushrooms to make a nice omelet, that can be placed over a toasted ½ bagel thin. Season with hot sauce or salt & pepper.

Prevent Constipation:
____ Fiber (sugar free Metamucil, Miralax, Benefiber, FiberPlex capsules)
____ Stool Softeners (docusate 100mg)
____ Laxatives (Senekot, Dulcolax, Magnesium Citrate) as needed and as directed by physician. There are laxative teas (“dieter’s tea”) such as “smooth move tea” that may also be used, as needed.
Old 04-30-2012, 07:27 AM   #552

Gallery: Gracie514
Stats: 214.6/199.2/194.6 SECOND GOAL!!!
WOE: HCG- highest wt 250 lbs!!!
Start Date: 1/1/2014 LC 2/17/14 Hhcg
Good morning Shari! You are doing fantastic!!! I'm glad you are using the turkey dogs Remember, relax and let it happen
Gracie514 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 07:29 AM   #553

I love you all...seriously, you are the best!! Thanks for the support. I really feel this plan is much more doable in the long run.
Pati~ I can't post the link because they sell hhcg too so it conflicts with TOS here.

ETA: Thanks Deb..that's much better..LOL!!
Old 04-30-2012, 07:33 AM   #554
Blabbermouth!!!

Thanks Deb! I'm printing for "maybe" future use!
Old 04-30-2012, 07:33 AM   #555

Thanks Gracie!

I love that you can have 3 servings of fruit a day and eat cantaloupe, honeydew and watermelon..just in time for this hot weather coming up!! Also the salad is unlimited and pretty much not counted. I now have tomatoes and onions on my romaine or iceberg lettuce with ff cesear dressing and am in heaven.
Old 04-30-2012, 07:34 AM   #556

Quote:
I love you all...seriously, you are the best!! Thanks for the support. I really feel this plan is much more doable in the long run.
Pati~ I can't post the link because they sell hhcg too so it conflicts with TOS here.

ETA: Thanks Deb..that's much better..LOL!!
You are quite welcome!! I had just pulled it up earlier to check it out, and it was conveniently there for me to copy!..
Old 04-30-2012, 07:38 AM   #557

Quote:
Thanks Gracie!

I love that you can have 3 servings of fruit a day and eat cantaloupe, honeydew and watermelon..just in time for this hot weather coming up!! Also the salad is unlimited and pretty much not counted. I now have tomatoes and onions on my romaine or iceberg lettuce with ff cesear dressing and am in heaven.
Whoa!! I just saw one alcoholic beverage if you only have 2 fruits? WOW this has changed... Gracie can do this one!...

Ok, one drink won't do it... at least for me.. But that would be a nice option while everyone else is having a drink...
Old 04-30-2012, 07:43 AM   #558
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Thanks Gracie!

I LOVE FRUIT!!! This could be the determining factor!!!

(no worries, I'm sticking to Atkins for a bit tho MUST GET BLOAT TO GO AWAY!
Old 04-30-2012, 07:43 AM   #559
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb294evr View Post
Whoa!! I just saw one alcoholic beverage if you only have 2 fruits? WOW this has changed... Gracie can do this one!...

Ok, one drink won't do it... at least for me.. But that would be a nice option while everyone else is having a drink...
One drink is just a tease
Old 04-30-2012, 07:56 AM   #560

LOL...at the drink comment. I'm not a big drinker but it's good to know I can if I'm in a setting and want to.
Old 04-30-2012, 08:01 AM   #561

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb294evr View Post

Definitely have to try this one!!!! I haven't had a drink in 3 weeks so one might do me some good
Old 04-30-2012, 08:03 AM   #562

Don't judge me, but I'm trying this for 21 days just to get things moving. I really want to get out of the 200's. I'll let you all know how I do.
Old 04-30-2012, 08:04 AM   #563
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I didn't know Omaha Plan had so many changes to it! I will use some of the items listed when I get bored with the foods I eat. Thanks for the post Deb.

Sorry Shari for the threadjack.

Meek- No judgment here, get on board lady!!!!
Old 04-30-2012, 08:07 AM   #564
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Thanks Gracie!

Good food and weightloss too, it can't get any better!
Old 04-30-2012, 08:11 AM   #565

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gracie514 View Post
Definitely have to try this one!!!! I haven't had a drink in 3 weeks so one might do me some good
take one back for me!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by @iamMeekness View Post
Don't judge me, but I'm trying this for 21 days just to get things moving. I really want to get out of the 200's. I'll let you all know how I do.
Girl, no judgement from us. I didn't say anything because I was tired of saying I was going to do something then didn't stick with it. Now that I am, I feel better posting it...it's not an easy plan. But it for sure works if you can get through the mental part... You'll do well. Come here (or text) when you need to..

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagieDen View Post
I didn't know Omaha Plan had so many changes to it! I will use some of the items listed when I get bored with the foods I eat. Thanks for the post Deb.

Sorry Shari for the threadjack.

Meek- No judgment here, get on board lady!!!!
No threadjack..I'm glad she posted it. So now you all can see the variety. The losses aren't huge every day like the protocol but as long as I lose something most days I'm happy.
Old 04-30-2012, 08:11 AM   #566
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by @iamMeekness View Post
We don't judge. We support

GOOD LUCK MEEK!!!! You can do it
Old 04-30-2012, 08:30 AM   #567

Thanks Ladies...
Old 04-30-2012, 09:16 AM   #568
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12yrslater View Post
We don't judge. We support

GOOD LUCK MEEK!!!! You can do it
Old 04-30-2012, 09:30 AM   #569

I may be joining you all too once TOM is gone. I will definitely be doing things my way and not by the book either. I lost well last time and I had peace of mind. Those turkey hot dogs are the bomb and you can eat the entire pack of 8 for 360 calories!!! (And yes I've done it )
Old 04-30-2012, 09:36 AM   #570
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gracie514 View Post
I may be joining you all too once TOM is gone. I will definitely be doing things my way and not by the book either. I lost well last time and I had peace of mind. Those turkey hot dogs are the bomb and you can eat the entire pack of 8 for 360 calories!!! (And yes I've done it )
Something I would do!