Old 03-08-2012, 05:23 AM   #271
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: 12yrslater
Stats: UGH
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Induction: 10/20/08
Morning Shari!

One day at a time is true

BTW - How do you make your sweet potato fries! ME LOVE SWEET POTATOES!!
12yrslater is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-08-2012, 06:07 AM   #272
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: lorettahd
Stats: 218/176/145
WOE: HCG
Start Date: September 25, 2008 HCG 11/28/2009 P2R1 -17
Quote:
Originally Posted by shari View Post
Stayed on plan again yesterday, one day at a time I ate more vlc than planned but I'm hitting the store today for more sweet potato fries...not giving those up. I feel lighter today so that's a plus.
Morning Shari, glad you are feeling better chick. KUTGW
lorettahd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 06:43 AM   #273
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: ceecee08
Stats: 292.6/284.7/170 5'9
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Restart 1/4/2013
Good Morning Shari!!! One day at a time is the right attitude. Def what I am using to get me back on the wagon.

Have a great day!
ceecee08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 07:13 AM   #274
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Meek75
WOE: Whole Foods. No Sugar
Hiya Shari.
Meek75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 08:58 AM   #275

Gallery: shari
Stats: 252/???/160-mini goal
WOE: Low carb
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagieDen View Post
Shari you are doing it, Shari's Way!!!! I am soooo glad you are doing it your way and thinking about incorporating some exercise to get those gooooood endorphins(really helps the mind, but I wonder about mine ) The scale can sometimes be harsh but let's not let it get in our way to working what works best for us. We will carry and on and get healthy for ourselves once and for all.

Have a wonderful day!
You put that in my mind ..so I'm doing what makes me happy with the least amount of stress for now. You're right about the scale so I'm not letting it get to me everyday. As long as I know I'm eating healthy and exercising, it'll all come together. You're my inspiration!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12yrslater View Post
Morning Shari!

One day at a time is true

BTW - How do you make your sweet potato fries! ME LOVE SWEET POTATOES!!
I buy the frozen kind already cut. I mostly put them in the oven but when I really want them more crunchy I'll fry them in olive oil. This can be really greasy so I've only done it twice since adding this back in my life. I add cinnamon and sweetner after its cooked..OMG...

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorettahd View Post
Morning Shari, glad you are feeling better chick. KUTGW
Thanks Lo, hope you feel better too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceecee08 View Post
Good Morning Shari!!! One day at a time is the right attitude. Def what I am using to get me back on the wagon.

Have a great day!
Thanks hun! I just want to add that I know what you're going through. I was there with my kid's father and let me tell you, we get along SO much better than when we were together...he even confides in me about other relationships when he wants advice because sometimes he's still clueless..LOL. I love him and care about him because he's the father of my kids and we had a hx together, but not in that way anymore and that's okay. Sometimes relationships don't work and it's not all one person but coming to that conclusion can be hard and painful but it is what it is. It took time but it worked out for the best. Wishing you the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by @iamMeekness View Post
Hiya Shari.

Hey hun!
shari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 05:33 AM   #276
Blabbermouth!!!

Morning Shari, have a wonderful Friday
Old 03-09-2012, 05:42 AM   #277
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: MagieDen
Have a good weekend Shari!

MagieDen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 07:05 AM   #278

Happy Friday Shari. I hope you have a good weekend!
Old 03-10-2012, 05:58 AM   #279

Thanks ladies!

I keep going back and forth between wanting to restart JUDDD (I see my fav cereal, crackers & cheese, bread, etc. in the kitchen) because I miss all the variety. However I don't want to do the DDs...I want the best of both worlds. I weighed and am happy the scale is moving down so not sure what to do. I've been eating sweet potato and it hasn't stopped my losses so that's a keeper. Just going to go by how I feel...
Old 03-10-2012, 07:29 AM   #280

Continue to take it one bite and one day at a time...everything will fall into place for you.
Old 03-11-2012, 06:59 AM   #281

Quote:
Continue to take it one bite and one day at a time...everything will fall into place for you.
thanks Meek
Old 03-11-2012, 07:09 AM   #282

Each day I'm feeling more like myself. I don't know if I shared this or not but I'm taking 5-HTP for mood and it was working wonderfully..but I changed brands when I couldn't find the previous brand at the store. I didn't think anything about it affecting my mood but I'm back to the kind I was before and I feel better. I guess I'll stick to this brand. I take this when I'm feeling overwhelmed, stress and need to feel more calm without worrying excessively. I don't want to take prescription for now, since it's more situational depression than organic..I believe.

I've been contemplating changing careers, which is a big deal...sometimes I get burned out in this field (social work/case management). I love helping people but it can be so demanding mentally and physically. I usually come back and feel better but it seems to be happening more and more (burnout) which makes me think it may be time for a change...

I'm doing good eating wise, down another pound so back to sig weight minus a couple ounces. I'd gotten up to 173.something...
Old 03-11-2012, 11:29 AM   #283

Glad you are starting to feel better. 5htp is a very good supplement to take. Stick with it . I understand how you feel about changing careers. Being to help others in a blessing, but in turn their lives can start to effect yours in a way. Take care of yourself, Shari. And, I'm sure you'll make the right decision. I'm in the process of looking for another job while I'm finishing school. The place where I am now is causing me a lot of stress and I'm simply not happy. I've gained almost 30 pounds since being there. Sad...

Good job moving the scale back down too . Keep up the good work!
Old 03-12-2012, 05:08 AM   #284
Blabbermouth!!!

Morning Shari, how are you feeling today? Hope you have a great day! I'm tired and have brain fog right now need that hour back.
Old 03-12-2012, 05:55 AM   #285
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Each day I'm feeling more like myself. I don't know if I shared this or not but I'm taking 5-HTP for mood and it was working wonderfully..but I changed brands when I couldn't find the previous brand at the store. I didn't think anything about it affecting my mood but I'm back to the kind I was before and I feel better. I guess I'll stick to this brand. I take this when I'm feeling overwhelmed, stress and need to feel more calm without worrying excessively. I don't want to take prescription for now, since it's more situational depression than organic..I believe.

I've been contemplating changing careers, which is a big deal...sometimes I get burned out in this field (social work/case management). I love helping people but it can be so demanding mentally and physically. I usually come back and feel better but it seems to be happening more and more (burnout) which makes me think it may be time for a change...

I'm doing good eating wise, down another pound so back to sig weight minus a couple ounces. I'd gotten up to 173.something...
Shari I know from hubby how tough the work you do is. My hubby works as a Readjustment Counselor and is a Persian Gulf war Vet. and works for the VA. He is taking 2 weeks off as I type this just for his emotional and physical well being. Helping others is a tough job so I can sympathize with you. I feel bad at times that I can stay home and he has to deal with so much. He finds the work rewarding but also said that most people can deal with sort of job for about ten years before maybe experiencing some burnout. I pray that you can either find new work or find the strength to get through your days. Is there any time off in your future? My husband is actually a Licensed Professional Counselor and can use his degree in other areas but for now he feels he will retire from this work. I have to help him keep going by encouraging him to relax and exercise and eat right and find things he enjoys in his life. He is so happy he is off for 2 weeks because he was carrying a huge case load and needed a break. I am glad the scale is cooperating for you Shari, hang in there hon!
Old 03-12-2012, 08:25 AM   #286

Quote:
Glad you are starting to feel better. 5htp is a very good supplement to take. Stick with it . I understand how you feel about changing careers. Being to help others in a blessing, but in turn their lives can start to effect yours in a way. Take care of yourself, Shari. And, I'm sure you'll make the right decision. I'm in the process of looking for another job while I'm finishing school. The place where I am now is causing me a lot of stress and I'm simply not happy. I've gained almost 30 pounds since being there. Sad...

Good job moving the scale back down too . Keep up the good work!
Thanks Meek, I do feel better taking it so no stopping now..LOL. I totally feel ya on the stressing out part..it takes away your joy. I hope you find what works for you too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorettahd View Post
Morning Shari, how are you feeling today? Hope you have a great day! I'm tired and have brain fog right now need that hour back.
I'm well, thanks...outside of feeling that lost hour too. Drinking my 3rd cup of coffee now. My son begins track practice tonight so I think that's affecting my mental state of knowing it's going to be a looong day. At least the weather is nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagieDen View Post
Shari I know from hubby how tough the work you do is. My hubby works as a Readjustment Counselor and is a Persian Gulf war Vet. and works for the VA. He is taking 2 weeks off as I type this just for his emotional and physical well being. Helping others is a tough job so I can sympathize with you. I feel bad at times that I can stay home and he has to deal with so much. He finds the work rewarding but also said that most people can deal with sort of job for about ten years before maybe experiencing some burnout. I pray that you can either find new work or find the strength to get through your days. Is there any time off in your future? My husband is actually a Licensed Professional Counselor and can use his degree in other areas but for now he feels he will retire from this work. I have to help him keep going by encouraging him to relax and exercise and eat right and find things he enjoys in his life. He is so happy he is off for 2 weeks because he was carrying a huge case load and needed a break. I am glad the scale is cooperating for you Shari, hang in there hon!
Ah yes, I sooo understand how your hubby feels. Lucky for him he has you and retirement to look forward to, hopefully sooner than later. Don't feel bad for staying at home, he needs you to help him relax when he gets home...if you worked and was stressed out too..can you imagine what the evenings would like like?! Plus, being at home is a job too..keeping everything in order is a chore. I use working as an excuse for things being out of order..couldn't use that if I was at home though. I didn't want to say due to jinxing it, but what will happen will happen. G is trying to see if he can pay for a cruise for just us two in late May (he's stressed and tired too)leaving from here so it's cheaper than flying. We plan to take the boys later this year (Dec) but that's too long to wait...but if not, then I will look into taking a vacation soon. As you said, I need a break.
Old 03-12-2012, 09:55 AM   #287

Gallery: Deb294evr
Stats: 282/work in progress/140?
WOE: LC/HCG
Glad you are feeling more like yourself Shari! I have never tried that but heard good thiings. Hope you continue on your path today, and enjoy yourself along the way!
Deb294evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 03:20 AM   #288

Thanks Deb!
Old 03-13-2012, 03:25 AM   #289

Feeling good, I've been eating 'my way' for a few days now and haven't gotten on the scale. I like not weigh daily and driving myself insane. Yesterday evening at track practice I saw a bunch of parents walking the track and one even walked around the neighborhood for good exercise. I walked a bit with my youngest but didn't have on the right clothes to fully get into it but I'll be prepared from now on. The weather is so nice now..no excuses! Plus summer is around the corner!!
Old 03-13-2012, 05:56 AM   #290
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Feeling good, I've been eating 'my way' for a few days now and haven't gotten on the scale. I like not weigh daily and driving myself insane. Yesterday evening at track practice I saw a bunch of parents walking the track and one even walked around the neighborhood for good exercise. I walked a bit with my youngest but didn't have on the right clothes to fully get into it but I'll be prepared from now on. The weather is so nice now..no excuses! Plus summer is around the corner!!
At least you walked Shari, that is good. I hear you on the daily weighing thing, once a week to see where I am is good enough for me. So glad that you may be giving walking a try.

Have a great day!

Old 03-13-2012, 09:32 AM   #291

Gallery: Deb294evr
Stats: 282/work in progress/140?
WOE: LC/HCG
Afternoon Shari! hope all is going well today. Love the ME plan too!
Deb294evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 10:43 AM   #292

Quote:
Hey Shari- glad ur feeling good. I threw away my scale because it pissed me off. I've been weighing once a week at the gym downstairs. I love their scale, and just purchased one like it (after reading the GREAT reviews).

Is one of your kids on a track team? My daughter wants to run so bad, so I found a team for her to join, but the hours conflict with our schedule.
Old 03-13-2012, 10:56 AM   #293
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Kocobear
Stats: 296.4/273.4/210
WOE: Protocol Atkins
Start Date: January 12, 2013
Hey Shari!!! Long time no see, I see you're the popular gal!
Kocobear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 05:25 AM   #294
Blabbermouth!!!

Morning Shari how's it going chick?
Old 03-14-2012, 08:11 AM   #295

Hello Shari. Happy Wednesday. Beautiful day it is! Enjoy
Old 03-15-2012, 03:34 AM   #296

Good morning ladies, I got on here very early yesterday and thought I'd have time to come back on at work, nope..got very busy with a client in crisis and after that, I was mentally drained. I came home and ate a bit too much..ugh. I'd planned on weighing today and was going to opt out but decided to do so anyway as it is what it is. Up a pound to 169.6 from Sunday's weigh in. I win the battle of not eating my emotions and sometimes I lose..but I'm not giving up.

Meek~yes, my oldest son is in track this year through his school, it's his first time so now he keeps saying "They're killing me!" after he train..LOL. I tell him he may grow to love running after he gets used to it. Hopefully you'll be able to find something for your daughter.

Last edited by shari; 03-15-2012 at 03:51 AM..
Old 03-15-2012, 05:53 AM   #297
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Good morning ladies, I got on here very early yesterday and thought I'd have time to come back on at work, nope..got very busy with a client in crisis and after that, I was mentally drained. I came home and ate a bit too much..ugh. I'd planned on weighing today and was going to opt out but decided to do so anyway as it is what it is. Up a pound to 169.6 from Sunday's weigh in. I win the battle of not eating my emotions and sometimes I lose..but I'm not giving up.

Meek~yes, my oldest son is in track this year through his school, it's his first time so now he keeps saying "They're killing me!" after he train..LOL. I tell him he may grow to love running after he gets used to it. Hopefully you'll be able to find something for your daughter.
Good Morning Shari, I totally agree with you on not giving up. It's hard but we continue to hang in there
Old 03-15-2012, 06:04 AM   #298
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:

Morning Shari, I hear you on sometimes winning and not winning the battle with emotional eating. I just had a stressful conversation with hubby yesterday and I felt that I wasn't understood by him so I ate something emotionally. Grant it, it was part of my woe but what bothered me was that I did it to calm myself down from the stress of the conversation. I knew it was the wrong approach to dealing with the situation but old habits seem to die hard with me. Today I was able to look back on it and say to myself "self I said" "you need to find another way of dealing with this because you only hurt yourself." I have been in that situation many times and my poor body shows the results of my poor decision making in this area of my life. I have only 1 body in which to life this life and I NEED to stop destroying it with emotional eating and wrong foods. I want you to know that I share this because I truly understand that it can be a battle for many of us. K, said enough! You have the right attitude about NOT GIVING UP! Giving up it NOT an option.

Have a good Thursday!

Old 03-15-2012, 07:06 AM   #299

Gallery: Gracie514
Stats: 214.6/199.2/194.6 SECOND GOAL!!!
WOE: HCG- highest wt 250 lbs!!!
Start Date: 1/1/2014 LC 2/17/14 Hhcg
Hi Shari!!! My son and daughter start track next Tuesday. It's such a great sport for them to do. My son won 5 medals last year at the Diocesan Championships. This year he will be one of the younger ones on Varsity and my daughter will be on the Novice team. It definitely pushes them to be their best because the only person they are competing with is themselves

I've been contemplating a short round of hhcg to get things moving for summer. I've been stuck forever because I do not behave on my UDs JUDDD is definely fantastic for me though for maintaining!
1/5/14 GOAL #1 BACK TO ONEDERLAND 3/4/14 MADE IT
3/4/14 GOAL #2 194.6 (20 LBS EVICTED FOR 2014)
TAKING IT ONE DAY AT A TIME
Gracie514 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 07:29 AM   #300

Quote:
Yeah, the training is hard for beginners, but I think he will get use to it. I hope he falls in love with it. Running is such a great sport. My daughter wants to run and swim... so me and doc are supporting her ambitions .

I hope you are doing well today. Keep up the good work!