Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Weight Loss Journals (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/weight-loss-journals/)
-   -   The rest of the story Part Two! (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/weight-loss-journals/756111-rest-story-part-two.html)

Deb294evr 02-03-2012 12:15 PM

The rest of the story Part Two!

Hi friends!! My journal is getting too big so please join me here for the next leg of my journey!! Thanks all be back soon. :)

Deb294evr 02-03-2012 02:48 PM

Lots of work done for Mom now I get a treat!:laugh: Back tomorrow my friends.

SCPeachey 02-03-2012 03:52 PM

Marking my spot :hugs:...

Tyl 02-03-2012 04:32 PM

found ya!

shari 02-04-2012 05:16 AM

Hey Deb, found ya too! Glad you were able to help mom a lot. :hugs:

lorettahd 02-04-2012 05:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shari (Post 15388136)

Morning, Ditto :goodpost:

SCPeachey 02-04-2012 05:54 AM

Good morning Deb :hugs:... HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND

MagieDen 02-04-2012 10:41 AM

Hey Deb, you had to start a new journal. You are one popular lady, and we :heart: you!

:D

Deb294evr 02-04-2012 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SCPeachey (Post 15387284)
Marking my spot :hugs:...

Thanks Deb!!! :hugs:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tyl (Post 15387379)
found ya!

Hey Tyl!! YAY you found me! How are YOU??

Quote:

Originally Posted by shari (Post 15388136)

Thanks Shari!! I am happy that I could help her, she is dealing with alot of stuff.. things she has no idea how to handle.. then to be alone and greiving.. it is almost too much. My poor Momma! :cry::hugs:

Quote:

Originally Posted by lorettahd (Post 15388207)
Morning, Ditto :goodpost:

Thank you Loretta!!! :hugs:

Quote:

Originally Posted by SCPeachey (Post 15388237)
Good morning Deb :hugs:... HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND

Thanks Deb! I will check on you in a bit... :hugs:

Quote:

Originally Posted by MagieDen (Post 15388969)
Hey Deb, you had to start a new journal. You are one popular lady, and we :heart: you!

:D

AWEEEEEEE thank you Maggie!!! I am just a big mouth I guess.... :laugh: I love having visitors to my journal, thank you for being a part of it!!.. :hugs:

So back home for now, going to take a quick nap then I will catch up! Thanks for finding me friends!!!! :love::love:

Tyl 02-04-2012 01:55 PM

Hey girl. I'm ok! Ttts! Enjoy ur nap!

Deb294evr 02-04-2012 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tyl (Post 15389361)
Hey girl. I'm ok! Ttts! Enjoy ur nap!

Hiya hon! I had a nice nap and am now trying to catch up! I have so much reading I am doing, and I just keep on adding more books to my pile... :laugh:

This is a nice place for me to come and see how everyone is doing.. such a nice friendly place of support.. hugs you guys! :love::hugs:

Eating is going well.. trying new recipes... just need some variety.. :cool:

Tyl 02-04-2012 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deb294evr (Post 15389659)
Hiya hon! I had a nice nap and am now trying to catch up! I have so much reading I am doing, and I just keep on adding more books to my pile... :laugh:

This is a nice place for me to come and see how everyone is doing.. such a nice friendly place of support.. hugs you guys! :love::hugs:

Eating is going well.. trying new recipes... just need some variety.. :cool:

What r u reading?

shari 02-05-2012 07:38 AM

Morning Deb, hope you have a nice relaxing Sunday. :hugs:

Deb294evr 02-05-2012 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tyl (Post 15389848)
What r u reading?

I am reading lots of afterlife books that are really interesting to me, also any diet book I can find for comparison and just for the knowledge. I also am reading lots about Diabete. So no steamy novels right now, LOL However, that will be next.... :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by shari (Post 15390625)
Morning Deb, hope you have a nice relaxing Sunday. :hugs:

Thank you Shari! That is my plan!!! I hope you enjoy your WINGS!! I know you have been dreaming about them.. :clap:

Hope you all have a wonderful day! I have a few things to do, then going to a friends for a small Superbowl Party! :up:

lorettahd 02-06-2012 05:39 AM

Morning Deb, happy Monday :)

12yrslater 02-06-2012 05:43 AM

Morning Deb. Hope you have a good day! :)

shari 02-06-2012 07:04 AM

Good morning Deb, hope you enjoyed yourself at the party. :)

Deb294evr 02-06-2012 08:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lorettahd (Post 15392484)
Morning Deb, happy Monday :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by 12yrslater (Post 15392498)
Morning Deb. Hope you have a good day! :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by shari (Post 15392774)
Good morning Deb, hope you enjoyed yourself at the party. :)

Good Morning Ladies!! Good to see you all here this lovely morning in Missouri... :laugh: Actually its kinda dreary out there.. ugg....

So far so good on keeping my eating LC. I am trying new things and doing better. Everything is going well except my darn exercise! I can't seem to get into the groove, and I see everyone is exercising, makes me just wanna be in that place too... oh well, can't be too hard on myself..

I will check back at lunch, have a great day all! :up:

Gracie514 02-06-2012 08:10 AM

Good morning Deb!!! I'm on a DD so could you have a nice, big, fat, juicy ribeye for me??? :laugh: Maybe with some sauteed mushrooms???? Pretty please :D

Deb294evr 02-06-2012 08:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gracie514 (Post 15392975)
Good morning Deb!!! I'm on a DD so could you have a nice, big, fat, juicy ribeye for me??? :laugh: Maybe with some sauteed mushrooms???? Pretty please :D

YOU BET!! drool!............. haha.. thanks for the wonderful thought you just put in my head!.. have a good DD!..:D

12yrslater 02-07-2012 05:23 AM

Morning Deb. Hope all is well. Have a good day!

Deb294evr 02-07-2012 05:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 12yrslater (Post 15395462)
Morning Deb. Hope all is well. Have a good day!

Good Morning Pati!! how goes it? :D

My eating is starting to really bore me even more than last week. YES , I am trying new things, but sometimes I just want to eat whatever I want.. like a baby...:laugh: The thing is that my BP is steady and down now, my blood sugars are great. I feel fine. I am just wanting wanting wanting.. not NEEDING things.

I am sure this is what got me in trouble in the first place. I use food for many things besides fuel. :( I know this is human nature, and all that, uggg..

Oh well. I will continue on as best I can until it just clicks... :laugh:

12yrslater 02-07-2012 05:54 AM

Have you considered JUDDD :dunno:

lorettahd 02-07-2012 06:01 AM

Good Morning Deb, have a great day!:)

Deb294evr 02-07-2012 06:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 12yrslater (Post 15395561)
Have you considered JUDDD :dunno:

OF COURSE I HAVE!!!! :laugh: Tried it many times, but the DD kill me. I swear, I have no tolerance for hunger AT ALL. Plus, when I allow myself unlimited carbs, I undo all the good things I have achieved healthwise. I NEED DISCIPLINE!!! from inside. .. I am weak...:D

Quote:

Originally Posted by lorettahd (Post 15395575)
Good Morning Deb, have a great day!:)

Thank you Loretta! you do the same!! :clap:

shari 02-07-2012 06:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deb294evr (Post 15395484)
Good Morning Pati!! how goes it? :D

My eating is starting to really bore me even more than last week. YES , I am trying new things, but sometimes I just want to eat whatever I want.. like a baby...:laugh: The thing is that my BP is steady and down now, my blood sugars are great. I feel fine. I am just wanting wanting wanting.. not NEEDING things.

I am sure this is what got me in trouble in the first place. I use food for many things besides fuel. :( I know this is human nature, and all that, uggg..

Oh well. I will continue on as best I can until it just clicks... :laugh:

Morning Deb, glad to hear your levels have stabilized..that's wonderful! :clap:

I agree with Pati, have you thought about giving JUDDD a go? I know you can't go very low on DD, but maybe try as low as you can go...as long as it's a nice spread between days, I believe you can still get the same great effects. I was reading an article before that said the best way to rev the metabolism up is calorie cycling, it keeps the body guessing with minimum plateaus. I know you're doing this for health as well so let me go back there...you can alway incorporate eating moderate carbs with sweets here and there as a treat. It's a slippery slope that I admit, I'm afraid of as well but I want to not feel deprived, be able to eat what I want, and make it truly a lifestyle. I'm going to put on my big girl panties and take the dive on Sunday..giving me a week of P3...wanna join? ;)

ETA: ok, I just read your response to Pati, what about going higher on DDs?

12yrslater 02-07-2012 06:09 AM

You seem to be disciplined enough to do Atkins? Why would you not apply it to JUDDD BUT allowing yourself (ONLY IF YOU ARE CRAVING IT) a treat?

As far as down days go, you don't HAVE TO starve or start at the 500 cal mark. I believe i read that you can start higher and work your tolerance down?

Deb294evr 02-07-2012 06:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shari (Post 15395593)
Morning Deb, glad to hear your levels have stabilized..that's wonderful! :clap:

I agree with Pati, have you thought about giving JUDDD a go? I know you can't go very low on DD, but maybe try as low as you can go...as long as it's a nice spread between days, I believe you can still get the same great effects. I was reading an article before that said the best way to rev the metabolism up is calorie cycling, it keeps the body guessing with minimum plateaus. I know you're doing this for health as well so let me go back there...you can alway incorporate eating moderate carbs with sweets here and there as a treat. It's a slippery slope that I admit, I'm afraid of as well but I want to not feel deprived, be able to eat what I want, and make it truly a lifestyle. I'm going to put on my big girl panties and take the dive on Sunday..giving me a week of P3...wanna join? ;)

ETA: ok, I just read your response to Pati, what about going higher on DDs?

I think If I look at it like you just pointed out and ALLOW A TREAT IF I WANT ONE on UP days, that may work. I just want to keep it mainly Low Carb. I will put on my thinking cap and read the book I just got in the mail yesterday. I MAY join you Shari!! Let me think if this will work.:up:

Quote:

Originally Posted by 12yrslater (Post 15395602)
You seem to be disciplined enough to do Atkins? Why would you not apply it to JUDDD BUT allowing yourself (ONLY IF YOU ARE CRAVING IT) a treat?

As far as down days go, you don't HAVE TO starve or start at the 500 cal mark. I believe i read that you can start higher and work your tolerance down?

You are thinking the same way Shari is, MAYBE if I looked at it as a treat that I can allow IF I WANT, and not go crazy with it, it might work. I will do some reading from the official book and try to figure out what would work for me... i just know I am bored to tears right now.

Thank you BOTH!!!! :hugs::love:

shari 02-07-2012 06:18 AM

Always hun! :love::hugs: I understand...I need to not have restrictions anymore and live, not afraid to eat what I want but learning more how to eat healthier. There are so many healthy options, I was just going to the full white carbs, sugary items with no end. I just have to make better choices with those options.

Deb294evr 02-07-2012 06:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shari (Post 15395624)
Always hun! :love::hugs: I understand...I need to not have restrictions anymore and live, not afraid to eat what I want but learning more how to eat healthier. There are so many healthy options, I was just going to the full white carbs, sugary items with no end. I just have to make better choices with those options.

That is ME.. also.. I was hitting the sugary white items with gusto while Dad was in the hospital... just want to make sure I stay healthy along the way.. thanks again my friend! :hugs: