Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home


Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-11-2012, 07:08 AM   #1981
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Deb294evr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Missouri
Posts: 10,589
Gallery: Deb294evr
Stats: 282/ working on it /140?
WOE: seaching for the right plan for ME
Thanks Gracie.. it is better with time, but wow.. when holidays come up.. brings me right back to last year.. WE will get through it all together this year ...

As for not worrying about FOOD.. exactly!!!.. I really don't crave chocolate.. how wierd am I?.. I am allowing myself some though if something WONDERFUL is in front of me, but regular ole chocolate, or regular ole anything sweet is not worth it... yep, I am strange..
Deb294evr is offline  

Sponsored Links
Old 12-11-2012, 07:46 AM   #1982
Big Yapper!!!!
 
julieboolie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Sunny AZ
Posts: 8,699
Gallery: julieboolie
Stats: 272/152.4/155 Size 26/8/4-6 :)
WOE: one day at a time!!
Start Date: July 14, 2003 - every day!!
the holidays always bring up those memories! But they're sweet memories, and the pain will lessen. Still hard I know

Good for you waiting until the indulgence is "worth" it!! I didnt' do that this past wekeend and am working it back off. Not crazy motivated, been sick w. a sinus infection all week and truly don't care. But, I will eventually, so I'm trying to be mindful!

Have a good day all!
julieboolie is offline  
Old 12-11-2012, 07:50 AM   #1983
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Deb294evr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Missouri
Posts: 10,589
Gallery: Deb294evr
Stats: 282/ working on it /140?
WOE: seaching for the right plan for ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by julieboolie View Post
the holidays always bring up those memories! But they're sweet memories, and the pain will lessen. Still hard I know

Good for you waiting until the indulgence is "worth" it!! I didnt' do that this past wekeend and am working it back off. Not crazy motivated, been sick w. a sinus infection all week and truly don't care. But, I will eventually, so I'm trying to be mindful!

Have a good day all!
Thank you Julie!!! I know it will get better, it has to..

Well if I was as small as you are, I may have a bit more of an indulgence... You are doing fantastic!! Day to day, we are learning for sure!..
Deb294evr is offline  
Old 12-11-2012, 10:22 AM   #1984
Way too much time on my hands!
 
shari's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 12,235
Gallery: shari
Stats: 252/186/179-mini goal
WOE: hcg 2.0
I agree with Gracie and Julie. I can't imagine what you're going through. I'm here sending a prayer that you and your loved ones find comfort in the memories and love & support of each other. Of course, we're here too.

I'm with you regarding 'dieting' and changing that mindset to mindful eating. I now eat what I want too but try to not go hog-wild with it.
shari is online now  
Old 12-11-2012, 10:29 AM   #1985
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Deb294evr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Missouri
Posts: 10,589
Gallery: Deb294evr
Stats: 282/ working on it /140?
WOE: seaching for the right plan for ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by shari View Post
I agree with Gracie and Julie. I can't imagine what you're going through. I'm here sending a prayer that you and your loved ones find comfort in the memories and love & support of each other. Of course, we're here too.

I'm with you regarding 'dieting' and changing that mindset to mindful eating. I now eat what I want too but try to not go hog-wild with it.
SHARI!!!! Thank you for coming in and giving me comfort. I really appreciate you and all my friends..

So happy to hear you are finding the changed mindset can work also... it really can...for ME 90% of my food "problems" are between the ears....

I am taking it day to day, like you said, being mindful of the choices.. If I want to have something a bit higher in cals, I just cut back on the next thing.. so far so good.

My natural choices have always been Low Carb, but I am not going to "punish" myself for having something else when I really want it. That is destructive to ME. AND it backfires most of the time...

Hope things are going well for you Shari!!
__________________
Finding my way one day at a time.
Deb294evr is offline  
Old 12-12-2012, 01:42 PM   #1986
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Meek75's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 22,834
Gallery: Meek75
WOE: Atkins Inductions for 14 Days
Start Date: 6/10/2014
Hello Deb. Just stopping by to show some support. I'll have to go back and get caught up on the conversation. However, I pray all is well. Miss you
Meek75 is offline  
Old 12-12-2012, 01:57 PM   #1987
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Deb294evr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Missouri
Posts: 10,589
Gallery: Deb294evr
Stats: 282/ working on it /140?
WOE: seaching for the right plan for ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by @iamMeekness View Post
Hello Deb. Just stopping by to show some support. I'll have to go back and get caught up on the conversation. However, I pray all is well. Miss you
Awe thanks Meek!! Miss you too girl! When things settle down, come on back!
Deb294evr is offline  
Old 12-13-2012, 05:26 AM   #1988
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Deb294evr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Missouri
Posts: 10,589
Gallery: Deb294evr
Stats: 282/ working on it /140?
WOE: seaching for the right plan for ME
Well Mom decided she just wants to stay home where she is comfortable for Christmas. I do understand for sure, but for some reason I am pretty depressed about it... don't know why.. She is grieving plus trying to recover from her hip replacement/broken arm. What a year she has had.....

Ah well, we will make it work.

Today is our work Christmas dinner, and I am going to enjoy it. Will be slowing it down and just eat what I really like, leaving what I don't LOVE.

Hope everyone is having a great day........ I need to get myself cheered up...
Deb294evr is offline  
Old 12-17-2012, 04:52 AM   #1989
Way too much time on my hands!
 
shari's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 12,235
Gallery: shari
Stats: 252/186/179-mini goal
WOE: hcg 2.0
I'm so sorry you're feeling depressed...what a rough year it's been for you and your family. I pray you're able to find comfort..the holidays are really challenging during loss.
shari is online now  
Old 12-17-2012, 05:11 AM   #1990
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Deb294evr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Missouri
Posts: 10,589
Gallery: Deb294evr
Stats: 282/ working on it /140?
WOE: seaching for the right plan for ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by shari View Post
I'm so sorry you're feeling depressed...what a rough year it's been for you and your family. I pray you're able to find comfort..the holidays are really challenging during loss.
Thank you Shari! when it rains it pours, and I am hoping we get through this with a smile and onto the spring and new life! Winter kinda gets me down anyway, but this is CHRISTMAS! I have kids who still love it, and we will celebrate.

This is going to sound so strange, but I "felt" such sorrow and pain on Friday morning early, like I could barely function here at work. Then around 9:30 or so, I felt INSIDE my heart, such JOY, like love and joy was bursting out.

I don't think I am in anyway reading the future, but to me that pain and sorrow was so connected to what was happening at that time in Conn. Then the extreme love and joy I felt inside, ( without knowing anything!!!) was when those little children and brave adults were e*scorted out by a loving God.

Yep, I have officially lost it....

Today, that pain inside is gone, and I don't really have any way to know why or how. I'll accept it though, and look at today as a blessing!!.. All things for a reason, even though we don't always "get it"

Have a marvelous day all!!!..
Deb294evr is offline  
Old 12-17-2012, 05:12 AM   #1991
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Deb294evr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Missouri
Posts: 10,589
Gallery: Deb294evr
Stats: 282/ working on it /140?
WOE: seaching for the right plan for ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by @iamMeekness View Post
Hello Deb. Just stopping by to show some support. I'll have to go back and get caught up on the conversation. However, I pray all is well. Miss you
Miss you too Meek!! I hope things are going well for you, and I am feeling better!!!! Thank you! Enjoy this awesome Monday.
Deb294evr is offline  
Old 12-17-2012, 05:13 AM   #1992
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Deb294evr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Missouri
Posts: 10,589
Gallery: Deb294evr
Stats: 282/ working on it /140?
WOE: seaching for the right plan for ME
ok, the post appears.. never mind..

Last edited by Deb294evr; 12-17-2012 at 05:31 AM.. Reason: confusion...
Deb294evr is offline  
Old 12-17-2012, 06:20 AM   #1993
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Gracie514's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 11,142
Gallery: Gracie514
Stats: 214.6/198/194.6 SECOND GOAL!!!
WOE: HCG- highest wt 250 lbs!!!
Start Date: 1/1/2014 LC 2/17/14 Hhcg
Good morning Deb
Gracie514 is online now  
Old 12-17-2012, 06:30 AM   #1994
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Deb294evr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Missouri
Posts: 10,589
Gallery: Deb294evr
Stats: 282/ working on it /140?
WOE: seaching for the right plan for ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gracie514 View Post
Good morning Deb
Morning Gracie!! Have a great Monday!
Deb294evr is offline  
Old 12-19-2012, 06:41 AM   #1995
Way too much time on my hands!
 
shari's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 12,235
Gallery: shari
Stats: 252/186/179-mini goal
WOE: hcg 2.0
Hey Deb, I don't find it strange that you had the feelings you did..enough has happened in my life and what I've witnessed from others to truly believe in all you experienced. I'm so glad they were es*corted home with God..such a tragedy for those left behind and the ripple effect that extends to us all.

You are always in my thoughts..as I know this time of year is hard for you and your love ones at times.
shari is online now  
Old 12-19-2012, 07:09 AM   #1996
Big Yapper!!!!
 
julieboolie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Sunny AZ
Posts: 8,699
Gallery: julieboolie
Stats: 272/152.4/155 Size 26/8/4-6 :)
WOE: one day at a time!!
Start Date: July 14, 2003 - every day!!
Hey Deb!! Just popping in to say "hello" and that I'm thinking of you!!

Glad you see the tragedy as God rescuing them. Such a hard perspecitve to maintain in the midst of unthinkable loss. He is still good, but we do not always understand why things happen the way they do. and May you find joy this season as we remember and celebrate the coming of our Messiah. Emmanuel-God with us.
julieboolie is offline  
Old 12-19-2012, 08:54 AM   #1997
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Deb294evr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Missouri
Posts: 10,589
Gallery: Deb294evr
Stats: 282/ working on it /140?
WOE: seaching for the right plan for ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by shari View Post
Hey Deb, I don't find it strange that you had the feelings you did..enough has happened in my life and what I've witnessed from others to truly believe in all you experienced. I'm so glad they were es*corted home with God..such a tragedy for those left behind and the ripple effect that extends to us all.

You are always in my thoughts..as I know this time of year is hard for you and your love ones at times.
Thank you Shari, I am glad you understand. I also, have had so many "things" happen in the last year, that I am not really surprised by this, but thought everyone was worrying about my mind..

I am more upbeat now, than I was. I think I was feeling bad because I talk to my Mom every other day, and she was so sad. I THINK she is doing better. All of us are taking turns spending time with her and getting her through these next months.. This is tough, but we are family... and that is what we do.

I hope you are enjoying your family and that you have a FANTASTIC Holiday season! ..

Quote:
Originally Posted by julieboolie View Post
Hey Deb!! Just popping in to say "hello" and that I'm thinking of you!!

Glad you see the tragedy as God rescuing them. Such a hard perspecitve to maintain in the midst of unthinkable loss. He is still good, but we do not always understand why things happen the way they do. and May you find joy this season as we remember and celebrate the coming of our Messiah. Emmanuel-God with us.
Thank you Julie! The tragedy was just so unbelievable that it took my breath away when I finally found out what happened. I "knew' there was a big shift, I just didn't understand why until later.

I really appreciate what you have to say on this Julie, thank you.

May you have a wonderful blessed holiday season!!
Deb294evr is offline  
Old 12-20-2012, 06:14 AM   #1998
Way too much time on my hands!
 
shari's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 12,235
Gallery: shari
Stats: 252/186/179-mini goal
WOE: hcg 2.0
I hope you have a great holiday season too! Yes, family pulls together and stick together through the tough patches of life and the easier times. We are blessed to have family.
shari is online now  
Old 12-20-2012, 09:34 AM   #1999
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Deb294evr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Missouri
Posts: 10,589
Gallery: Deb294evr
Stats: 282/ working on it /140?
WOE: seaching for the right plan for ME
WE are indeed blessed!!! I am really looking forward to having almost all my kids together... only my oldest can't get away since he runs the Lodge at the top of the mountain in VAIL!!... too many crazy rich folks there now...

My Daughter is on the plane right now heading home.. my Son comes in on Saturday..... good times ahead! I don't get the whole week off next week, only 2 days, but hey, it is better than nuttin!
Deb294evr is offline  
Old 12-23-2012, 05:32 AM   #2000
Way too much time on my hands!
 
shari's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 12,235
Gallery: shari
Stats: 252/186/179-mini goal
WOE: hcg 2.0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb294evr View Post
WE are indeed blessed!!! I am really looking forward to having almost all my kids together... only my oldest can't get away since he runs the Lodge at the top of the mountain in VAIL!!... too many crazy rich folks there now...

My Daughter is on the plane right now heading home.. my Son comes in on Saturday..... good times ahead! I don't get the whole week off next week, only 2 days, but hey, it is better than nuttin!
Great news!! I know you'll enjoy having them home. Wow, your son runs a lodge in Vail..nice! Did you get all your shopping done? I have two more presents to get but they are only gift cards so it's a run in the store and out...the crowds are ridic!
shari is online now  
Old 12-23-2012, 07:11 AM   #2001
Big Yapper!!!!
 
julieboolie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Sunny AZ
Posts: 8,699
Gallery: julieboolie
Stats: 272/152.4/155 Size 26/8/4-6 :)
WOE: one day at a time!!
Start Date: July 14, 2003 - every day!!
That's so wonderful!! Having almost all your kids home . Love that!! I used to be that kid, flying home from CA for Christmas back home in PA. I can tell you from that side, it's just as exciting being the "kid" coming home!! Enjoy your time with your precious family. Really reminds me to count my blessings!!

Merry Christmas!!
julieboolie is offline  
Old 12-23-2012, 07:55 AM   #2002
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Deb294evr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Missouri
Posts: 10,589
Gallery: Deb294evr
Stats: 282/ working on it /140?
WOE: seaching for the right plan for ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by shari View Post
Great news!! I know you'll enjoy having them home. Wow, your son runs a lodge in Vail..nice! Did you get all your shopping done? I have two more presents to get but they are only gift cards so it's a run in the store and out...the crowds are ridic!
Thanks Shari! I am excited. My babies are home and we have some fun planned for our Christmas this year.. I am setting up a game like "Let's Make A Deal" we have lots of gag gifts, plus real stuff, plus $$ only they won't know what is in their package. No names on them. One at a time they will choose a gift, then decide if they want to trade for what is behind door number 1 !.... etc... we did it last year and it was a HIT!

Yep, my son runs Two Elk Lodge on the mountain of Vail. He has for about 5 years now, and loves it! Free skiing all season, and tons of fun for him along with the work. Plus he gets paid year round for only working during the season. He has his degree in Architecture, but silly boy wanted the Colorado Ski life instead.. FOR NOW...

I hope you have a wonderful Christmas with your family!!.. I am so glad you have friends to get away from it all with too!.. Your weekend sounds fun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by julieboolie View Post
That's so wonderful!! Having almost all your kids home . Love that!! I used to be that kid, flying home from CA for Christmas back home in PA. I can tell you from that side, it's just as exciting being the "kid" coming home!! Enjoy your time with your precious family. Really reminds me to count my blessings!!

Merry Christmas!!
Awe thanks Julie!! I am so happy today!! We went by Mom's yesterday when we picked up my son from the airport and spent some time with her. She is doing MUCH better!!

She was happy to see the kids also. We will go back tomorrow night to spend Christmas eve with her, then take my boy back to the airport Christmas morning! He is flying to Colorado that day to join Ski son... Fun times!!

Have a wonderful Christmas with your family Julie!
Deb294evr is offline  
Old 12-24-2012, 08:06 PM   #2003
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Meek75's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 22,834
Gallery: Meek75
WOE: Atkins Inductions for 14 Days
Start Date: 6/10/2014
Merry Christmas, Deb

Oh wow, that games sounds FUN! I wish I could be at your house tomorrow .

ENJOY!!!
Meek75 is offline  
Old 12-25-2012, 08:17 AM   #2004
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Deb294evr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Missouri
Posts: 10,589
Gallery: Deb294evr
Stats: 282/ working on it /140?
WOE: seaching for the right plan for ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by @iamMeekness View Post
Merry Christmas, Deb

Oh wow, that games sounds FUN! I wish I could be at your house tomorrow .

ENJOY!!!
Thanks Meek!! We had a blast!!! Wishing you a very Merry Christmas!!!
Deb294evr is offline  
Old 12-28-2012, 09:34 AM   #2005
Way too much time on my hands!
 
shari's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 12,235
Gallery: shari
Stats: 252/186/179-mini goal
WOE: hcg 2.0
Glad you all had fun..what a great family game! Hope you have a happy new year!
shari is online now  
Old 12-28-2012, 10:10 AM   #2006
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Deb294evr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Missouri
Posts: 10,589
Gallery: Deb294evr
Stats: 282/ working on it /140?
WOE: seaching for the right plan for ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by shari View Post
Glad you all had fun..what a great family game! Hope you have a happy new year!
Thank you Shari, Same for you!! HAPPY NEW YEAR SOON!..

I really really need to put 2012 behind me... ugh..
Deb294evr is offline  
Old 01-04-2013, 08:14 AM   #2007
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Gracie514's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 11,142
Gallery: Gracie514
Stats: 214.6/198/194.6 SECOND GOAL!!!
WOE: HCG- highest wt 250 lbs!!!
Start Date: 1/1/2014 LC 2/17/14 Hhcg
Happy New Year Deb!!!!
Gracie514 is online now  
Old 01-04-2013, 08:21 AM   #2008
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Deb294evr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Missouri
Posts: 10,589
Gallery: Deb294evr
Stats: 282/ working on it /140?
WOE: seaching for the right plan for ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gracie514 View Post
Happy New Year Deb!!!!
GRACIE!! good to see you back! Happy New Year to you too!!... It has been so quiet around here... hope you had a great Holiday vacation!

We are heading to our Miami vacation next week, thanks to my son. Looking forward to leaving the freezing Mid West...
Deb294evr is offline  
Old 01-04-2013, 10:15 AM   #2009
Way too much time on my hands!
 
shari's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 12,235
Gallery: shari
Stats: 252/186/179-mini goal
WOE: hcg 2.0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb294evr View Post
GRACIE!! good to see you back! Happy New Year to you too!!... It has been so quiet around here... hope you had a great Holiday vacation!

We are heading to our Miami vacation next week, thanks to my son. Looking forward to leaving the freezing Mid West...
Nice!! Happy new year to you too!! I know you mentioned fighting the same weight but at least you maintained, not gained.
shari is online now  
Old 01-04-2013, 10:21 AM   #2010
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Deb294evr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Missouri
Posts: 10,589
Gallery: Deb294evr
Stats: 282/ working on it /140?
WOE: seaching for the right plan for ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by shari View Post
Nice!! Happy new year to you too!! I know you mentioned fighting the same weight but at least you maintained, not gained.
Thank you Shari and YES, no gain is good and I am grateful. This seems to be my new set point though.. around 185.. ugh... oh well, Time to do something different, so I can get different results!..

Happy New Year!!!
Deb294evr is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:52 PM.


Copyright ©1999-2014 Friends Forums LLC. All rights reserved. - Terms of Service | Privacy Policy
LowCarbFriends® is a registered mark of Friends Forums, LLC.